Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - something is making me sick

View Full Version : something is making me sick

becckii
09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
something i am eating is not agreeing with me at all. at first i thought maybe its the high fat and sugar diet so i cut out all sweets (i turned DOWN pancakes and ice cream today im so proud cause it smelled so good =D) and also cut out fizzy drinks and fried foods.... im still feeling poorly and getting cramping in my lower intestine (need i say more :S)

i have also upped the fruit and veg and water so i have come to the conclusion that its either bread or tea or both :S first im going to cut out the bread and see how it goes and then if nothing the tea (i love it more than i love bread :D) but for now can someone give me some ideas for lunch. i go to college and so it needs to be something i can pack and something thats gonna keep me going till i get home at like 7 that evening.

thank you in advance xxx:hug:

DezziePS
09-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Have you thought that it may not be a food thing? It may be a physiological thing? Have you cut out milk and dairy? That's a common cause of stomach issues. Also gluten- so not just bread but things with gluten in them (almost anything with wheat flour, but it's a little more complicated than just that). How long has it been going on? How long have you been off the bad stuff? It could just be a virus if it hasn't been too long.

What about hummus and veggies and lots of fruit to take to school? Or swing by a fast food place or restaurant and get a grilled chicken salad with some light dressing. Or Tuna and rice crackers? So sorry you're going through this- sounds miserable! I have heard that the diet for having diarrhea or stomach upset is BART- Bananas, Applesauce, Rice, Toast. It's more of a guideline, I think, meaning soft, bland, easy to digest things.

Riddy
09-24-2011, 12:04 AM
If you're sure dairy is not the problem, how about cheese and raw veg for lunch? You have some fantastic cheeses over there. :T:T:T
Olives and roasted red peppers.
Peanut butter with fruit.
Greek yogurt with a little granola and fruit.
Tabbouleh with some cheese or a small tin of salmon (or sardines if you like them)
A tin of stuffed grape leaves with some cheese or a greek yogurt.
Chickpea salad - tin of chickpeas, tin of artichoke hearts, a little olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, onion flakes, salt & pepper (and a little shredded cheddar if you like)
Butter bean salad - butter beans, a couple roasted red peppers, onion flakes, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt & pepper
White bean salad - white beans, tuna, lots of oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, onion flakes, salt & pepper

The yogurt is the only thing that you would have to keep cold til lunchtime.

JOLINA
09-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Once in a great while I get a stomach or intestinal upset. It is usually caused by something I ate at a restaurant, so I rarely go out to eat anymore.
I keep candied ginger in the house and take a couple of pieces every few hours until everything is back to normal. I buy the candied ginger at Trader Joe's or an import store near me.

I also use Pepto Bismol tablets at times if the ginger fails to give me any relief within an hour.

I also gave up chocolate candy a year ago ... for good ... when I discovered that it was giving me intestinal upsets.

:(

You can be fat and love yourself. You can be fat and have a great personality.
You can be fat and sew your own clothes.
But you can't be fat and healthy.
Susan Powter