Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 08:30 AM   #1  
Domestic Goddess

Smile Thursday, January 30th

Good morning all,

Seems I have the honor of starting the daily.

I have to get some coffee and then I'll start to feel human. Got some extra ZZZ's last night and I feel better. Still trying to take it easy on my back. This morning I'm standing a little straighter then I was able to over the past few days.

Today is the day that my mom takes my grandmother to 'the home'. I hope that everything goes smoothly. I know that she'll go kicking and screaming...and I do mean that...she's quiet fiesty.

Have schooling to do with the boys this morning and then I have to tackle the mountain of laundry that I have in the basement. I hate when I let that get out of hand.

Blessings to all, ChrissyB
Old 01-30-2003, 08:55 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Chrissy, bringing your G'ma to the home is going to be heart breaking for your Mom as well as others. Heres' a big hug for you and your family

Did really well yesterday w/eating. I made my first chicken recipie from the LC cook book and it came out great. Chicken Scallapini (sp?)..mmmm I made extra so I could take to work for lunch and wouldn't you know it, I was in such a rush I forgot to bring it waaah

Whats new you ?

Two more days until the weekend YAHOOOOOOOOO !

BBL, Love, Leenie
Old 01-30-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  

The first loaf of bread from my new machine turned out well! It is raisin bread. the machine makes a horozontal loaf just like regular bread. Love it! So easy to cut. R loves it toasted in the morning with a bit of butter spread on it with his coffee.

Am going to catch up on the work I didn't do yesterday cause I didn't feel well. Girls, I must be getting old! The night before last, a man who attends our church phoned here and gave me a screaming tirade about what my DH is supposed to do as Chairman of the Elders. I kept up with him word for scream, and eventually hung up on him. But, I also had to take the heart medication I keep on hand and I shook for hours. R was going to kick the living sh*t out of him, but changed his mind. The man is of small stature and R is a big guy. R would end up in jail. R will be speaking to the little parakeet(who thinks he is a hawk) and I demand an apology. The nerve!

Well, so ends the trial and tribulations of Tippy, the long suffering old bag!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:37 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!

I moved on to the 3 mile Leslie tape this morning.........boy is it a good work out..........I got so warm I stepped on the enclosed back porch that isnt heated..............the Utilities man came by the back to read the meter and took a second look............guess with the arm movement he thought I was waving down help! Ha!Ha!Of course I paused until he left! I felt like Leslie Sansone when I was done.too bad I dont look like her! Or anyone in her class! Ha!

Chrissy.glad you are better but if I were you I would continue to take it as easy as possible.I know it is hard with a family!

Leens.good for you trying a new recipe and eating well yesterday!
Too bad you forgot your lunch.I have done that more times than I care to remember..............so now I put a note on the door to remind myself!

Tippy.................glad you are enjoying your bread machine..it would be like a lethal weapon to me....I could live on bread alone!As far as the guy that got you upset.........dont let R get to him cause then he would be as "small"as the guy!(even though R is big) Sorry you were so upset..............I will keep you in my prayers. (seriously)

I didnt make it to Dillard's yesterday.went to Sam's and decided to head home.....it was late afternoon.

Sweet.if you read this I hope you are feeling better today.\\
Hello to everyone else too....have a GOOD one!

CIN
Old 01-30-2003, 11:24 AM   #5  
Peg

Wink

mornin' everyone,

Hey, has anyone heard Christina Agulieras' new song, I don't know what it's called, but she sings, "everyone is beautiful, in your own way". I'm not a fan, but I heard this song, the words are wonderful, listen for it.

Wow Cin a 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone? I didn't know she had one, what is is called? I'll pick up one. I'm still doing the one mile walk, ready for the 2mi. but I'v been busy w/ stuff that I feel so much more stressed and depressed if I let my days get too busy, so I've decided to start sleeping in a tid bit later than usual and go on with my day and include exercising.

Leens--Can you give that recipe? if it's too long thats ok.

SweetPea--How ya doin'? Hope your getting rest and water. I did and kicked a virus that is still going on around my house.

Anyone--so many have been refering to their husbands as DH?
what does it stand for? their initials? because if thats it, a lot of you have that in common, the same initials? but...D.H. could stand for something else that I don't think the guys would want to be called.

Chrissy--My mother-in-Law is in a rest home, she use to like w/ us then it seemed like all of a sudden she became ill, I took her into emg. , she went down hill fast, we put her in one home, moved her to another because she couldn't stay there long term, so now she is farther away but this home is great, she rarely stays long in her room, she goes to bible study, therapy.(she'll never wald w/o help) she does crafts, actually makes pretty things. and they have bingo, she won .50 cents, and happy hour where they hit a balloon around, they go outside and talk about current events, w/ the program cordinator. Actually she is more busy now than when she was living on her own. There are really good homes out there, make sure you can go in and visit 24/7, and it smells clean. Good Luck, everyone will work out.

Take Good care everyone

Last edited by ladypal; 01-30-2003 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:56 AM   #6  

G'morning. I feel a bit more human today. Slept better last night than I have since Sunday. My mouth is screaming and I can't stand that. I hope to keep my liquids down today which will help build back the pills in my system.

Catch you all later........
Old 01-30-2003, 12:20 PM   #7  

Good morning ladies,

I just got back from the light therapy.....am feeling good. On the way home....we went to buy the light box....they aren't cheap.
DH is making the coffee now....so I will see you later.

April
Old 01-30-2003, 02:05 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Tippy sis, I'm glad your feeling better, maybe that wee man needs a good kick in the brookies. Now this is just an observation that I've made but why is it that little men have to prove themselves by acting that way. I know a few guys that are shorter then most but man are they in your face (for lack of a better word). My hubby is not very tall and he doesn't do that?? What gives ?? I guess its like bald men growing beards ROFL...making up for something I guess....silly.

Sweetpea are you doing any better ? you know thats not a fun way to lose but its good that something comes out of it (no pun intended ) Take it easy huh.

Lady the recipie was easy,

1 Cup hot Chicken Broth ( I use boulion)
Mixed with 1 Tsp Corn Starch
and then add 1 Tbls Capers (or no capers, its up to you).

3 Boneless chicken breast pounded to about 1/4 "
Seasoned with sea salt, black pepper and ground sage (amounts vary depending on how you like it, I just sprinkle)
Dipped in whole wheat flour (shake excess off)

In a hot skillet put a few tbls olive oil and brown /cook chicken
Remove the chicken and then add the broth/corn starch mixture, over high/medium heat cook until it thickens, add 2 Tbls of butter and let melt.

The sage is the key ingredient mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thats it.

Serve chicken w/sauce over rice, noodles, what ever you fancy.

Leenie
Old 01-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #9  

Hi again,

Does anyone know anything about dogs? Our dog....Charlie....seems to be sick. About 3 or 4 days ago he seemed to be shivering. At times he is less active. He still is eating & drinking water & still goes for his walk every day. For the last few days....he has been drooling from the sides of his mouth....yesterday....his nose was dripping a bit. He does seem improved today.....but he is still wet around the mouth....from the saliva from his mouth....I guess dogs can get sick too.

Ladypal.....DH means dear husband.

Leenie......good for you....doing well with eating.

SweetPea.....glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Tippy......glad you are enjoying your bread machine.

This week I have the last 4 days of doing well with being OP with WW. When I leave here....to walk on the treadmill....this will be my 3rd day of walking for me....for me that is good.

Have a great day everyone.

April
Old 01-30-2003, 02:38 PM   #10  

Not much going on today. I really don't have anything profound to say. I am not feeling very well. My throat is scratchy and I am knid of sick to my stomach. Do you think you can pass the flu through the computer. lol

I be back tomorrow and hopefully I will feel better.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:37 PM   #11  

April, get the dog to the vet! It sounds like it got into something and ate or drank it. It could be serious! I know of a dog that died of internal bleeding and it never showed any symptoms until it was too late.

Leenie, I agree about small men. I think that SOME of them feel they have to compensate for "something" small in their britches.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #12  
Peg

Yea, thats so true about small men.

Thanks Leenie for the recipe, I'll give it a go.

Poor doggie!! I do love dogs so much, I have one that is a german shepard mix, he's like the boy I never had. I brought home a stray a few days ago, gave him to a pet store. I've done this one time about 6 years ago, I brought home a stray, we all fell in love w/ him, he ended up having parvo and died. :sad: abut I can't seem to help it, I bring home anything (animal) that looks like it needs a home, out here I gotta be careful I don't bring home a coyote midtaken for a dog, they run around allover.

have a good thurs. take care.
Closed Thread