South Beach Diet - Anyone know if soups are allowed on SB?

seabiscuit
09-20-2011, 03:43 AM
Hey there chickies,

I am wondering about soup and whether it is allowed on SB. I see in my SB book that broth is under foods to enjoy but I don't see any other soups listed. I am guessing creamy soups are out but I was wondering like french onion, italian wedding, black bean if those are okay?? I would appreciate all insight. Thanks!

Lexxiss
09-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Welcome Amy!

Congratulations on your WL, so far. Do still have a SBD book to read through.

Perhaps someone else will chime in about the canned soups. I make all my own soups now and would take soup in a small thermos.

Best wishes!

cottagebythesea
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Welcome, Amy! Soups are absolutely allowed on SBD, and you'll discover many delicious recipes in our recipe section for each Phase. Some canned soups are SBD compliant, but check the ingredients to be sure.

Browse around our forum, and check out our FAQ section, as well, to find answers to many questions and also helpful hints and suggestions.

Good luck!

murphmitch
09-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Canned soups are really hard to sort through. Their ingredient lists are quite long with lots of non-beachy additives....white potatoes, white rice, noodles, corn, sugar, modified food starch, corn fiber, etc. You have to really read the labels & most are not good. I have eaten Progresso Lentil and I like Amy's Organic Black Bean Chili & eat that occasionally. If you don't have time to make your own soup, you could keep a can of one of these handy. When I have nothing ready for dinner, I have heated up a can of beans, added salsa and shredded cheese, and had a marvelous meal!