20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #1  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Autumn Beauties week 8 chat 9/19-9/25

New thread. Hope everyone had a good weekend! I will post the stats tomorrow when I come home from work. It's 8:00 here and I am sadly ready for bed and don't think I'm coherent enough to figure out percentages right now!

@Brown, I do the same thing sometimes when I have to be up early. I end up sitting up half the night worrying about the next day instead of making sure I get enough sleep.

@Rated, don't get discouraged. Our bodies are weird sometimes. Just keep doing what you're doing!

@mhill, it's okay! It happens!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you're all having a great day! I'm finally feeling like i'm ready to hit the gym again after being sore the last few days and recovering!
I've got class tonight then to the gym I go!
Hope you're all having a great day!!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #3  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies. Just thought I would check in with you guys.. I haven't really had the time to get on the computer last week with everything that me and my husband had to do. I missed Sunday weigh-in due to me and my hubby being out of town for a funeral the entire weekend. This starts a new week for me and you guys will most definitely see me around like always .. My goal for this week is to get back on track with my water intake & exercising.. Most definitely haven't lost anything lol .. I'm still in the 180s...
Old 09-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #4  
Making myself fat-free.

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday. Hope everyone is having an amazing week. We had some gains last week (including myself), but that's okay! We're here to support each other. This week, as a team, especially with the new people on board, I think we should make an effort to relate to each other and get to know each other on a more personal level. So, I would like everyone to post why they are undertaking this journey and any personal thoughts they would like to share about their life related to weight loss.

Here is the stats this week:

Autumn Beauties Week 8

Biggest Loser

Brown - 6 (3.59%) You did amazing this week! So glad to have you on our team!

Honorable Mentions:

Meliz +.6 (+.24%)
Pinksnowdays +1 (+.40%)

Unofficial members:

Sibi
Pacsunmama
islandvet
alsten02
lilneezy
my2cats
savanahfloc
skittlez
streeps
snowwolf
ashley329
Lainey M
s rosa

2 freebies used:
mhill0823

1 freebie used:
Pinksnowdays
kamsmoma
meliz
Old 09-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #5  
Making myself fat-free.

I'll start with posting some personal information.

I am 25 years old and have been married a little over a year. Recently, my doctor told me that at my weight and having the issues I do, getting pregnant is pretty much not a possibility. Upon hearing this, my husband and I decided to go off the pill and see what happens, because if it is going to be hard to get pregnant I don't want to be protecting myself from it maybe happening. Eight months later, and I'm still not. So, after a talk with my doctor, I decided it was time for me to start losing weight and not only get healthy but also increase my chances of getting pregnant in the future.

It's been slow with a lot of up's and down's. My husband started dieting with me and has lost 25 lbs to my 7 lbs. And while I am incredibly happy for him losing weight and getting healthier, I sometimes resent that it comes so easily to him, when I'm the one whose health is at risk and he had a little bit to lose with no health issues. I'm starting to learn not to compare myself to him and just be happy that I have someone I love in this journey with me.

Years ago, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which definitely affects me being able to work out. Some days, just getting through work is enough to wipe me out and make me feel sick. So, I've had to stick with mostly cutting calories and trying to get some extra movement in when I can tolerate it. That has made me lose slower than some, but I am still quite happy with the progress I have made.

I sit down all day at work, but I have to walk about 3/4 of a mile to my desk from my car and then back at the end of the day. Plus, I have started getting up every 2 hours and taking a 5-10 minute walk even if it's just taking the long way to get some ice and water or walking the opposite way that everyone else does from my office, so I don't walk by the free candy bowl and steal some chocolate on the way by..

Some words of wisdom I live by recently:
Slow and steady does win the race.
Everything in moderation.
"Success is obtained by people who try, and keep trying."
"Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday."
"The odds of hitting a target go up dramatically when you aim at
it."
Mal Pancoast

I could go on for a long time with inspirational quotes probably, but I'll just say that we're in this together - we all want the same thing. Let's be here for each other as a team!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

My story... All my life I have struggled with being overweight and I could never motivate myself to do anything about it. I was recently diagnosed with pcos and in the last few years I've been through a lot with my moms health problems and it just clicked one day. I needed to lose weight and get healthier for myself, my future and to make my mom worry less about me!!! That woman is my world and I would do anything for her, the last thing I need is to give her more reason to worry about me! So here I am, almost 50 pounds lighter, happier and on the right track to a healthier life! Weight loss has made me feel better, brought back my time of the month after almost a year and just overall iimproved my life thus far. I'm blessed!!
Plus I have you wonderful ladies here for such great support!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

I'm 27 years old and I started this journey with the purpose of changing my life for the better. I wanted to get a better handle of my emotions and not lose it over insignificant things. Healthy eating and exercise were recommended. I decided to lose weight as well, since the new changes would make it easier to do so. As for my weight, I have always been fat and until recently realized that I have also been obese for over a decade. I gained most of my weight as a teenager. Every year since I started middle school I would go up a size to match my age. It was horrific. I stayed at an 18/20 until a couple of years ago, where I went up to a 22.

Two months in and I'm glad to say that I am feeling better. I am happy/content for the most part. There are down days, but they don't persist for long. I've since come to the conclusion that exercise is a great anti-depressant for me and whenever I feel down and don't feel like exercising, it's when I most need it.

As for weight loss, it hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be. If my main purpose was to lose weight, I would have quit several weeks ago after not seeing results. It wasn't until I joined this challenge that I started seeing significant losses. While weight loss isn't my main goal, it is a great motivator for my new lifestyle. I view it as a gift for eating better and exercising. Despite having said that, I was frustrated last week with my gain. Just another reminder that weight loss isn't linear nor easy.

Last edited by megmix; 09-22-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Hello Beauties! I'm sad to report that my weight hasn't been budging much this week. I've increased my minimum daily calories to 1400 to force myself to eat more without guilt. I also started drinking milk again this week and haven't noticed any side-effects. So I may not be lactose intolerant like I thought I was.

I have been great with exercise this week, with a mix of walking and yoga. Today I didn't do my walk since my heart palpitations came back. I have been thinking about the future and maybe that had caused me more stress than I realized. I spent most of my energy today trying to calm myself down. If I feel better tomorrow I'll walk.

I hope you're all doing well!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #9  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Hi ladies! Quick check in for me... things have been super busy, I probably put in about 70+ hours at work easily this week and brought home more stuff to do this weekend. Little nervous about the weight in tomorrow my stomach has been upset for a few days now and my weight has been way up and down throughout the week.

Hope everyone is doing well!! I'll post my bio tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #10  
Making myself fat-free.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the stories! I'm so glad I have you ladies for support.

Hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow. I weighed in today at 250, which means I'm almost on my way down to 240s, yaye!

Will post more later - I'm off to do errands and go look at a kitten we "might" be getting! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone

I had a good week so I can't wait for weighing in. I went to a core class on Monday and my abs still hurt today so I am def. going back next Monday since she kicked my butt.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #12  

Can I be removed from the challenge? Thanks.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #13  
Making myself fat-free.

Yeah, sure, Brown. Is everything okay?
Closed Thread