South Beach Diet - Torture working in a restaurant! Any tips?

jerseygiiirl
09-19-2011, 01:08 PM
So first day on beach And boom I have to do a catering party! Nice breads, pasta Ans potatoes! I'm chewing gum like crazy. We have pasta fagoli soup, can I eat for the beans and skip the pasta or not a good idea?

southmplsgirl
09-19-2011, 01:13 PM
I would skip. I am a restaurant general manager and it takes a heck of a lot of planning and willpower, but the longer you stay strong and don't dive into the things that are in the "grey" area, the easier it becomes.

Good luck!

Lexxiss
09-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I'd agree, and say skip.

Ksquared
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Skip the gum and have a big ice cold bottle of water for cravings.

Gum is a good helper for stomach bloat, since you suck in alot of air while chewing gum. It's also alot of empty stuff you do't need. Water will be a much better help. Will fill you up and make you feel full, will help reduce those cravings. If you feel like you are hungry, take a big ol drink of water and wait about 20 minutes. if you still feel hungry have something to eat.

Ruthxxx
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Skip. When I am working with food, I chew gum and wear surgical gloves. If I have not been the one to cook the food, I imagine it came from one of the most unsanitary kitchens I know. I also try to have something on plan before I work - even a glass of milk helps.

Shannon in ATL
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I work in a restaurant, too. I have to pack food and snacks in a lot of days or I go off the rails.

jerseygiiirl
09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Water is definetly been my friend! And cucumbers!!