Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 03:20 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Mon 9/19

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, its been an extremely LONG day for me. I am just getting home after being on the road since 3pm but I totally had my packets with me with ice water and my veggies so I was completely OP. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am off to bed now......

Here is to a fantastic new week!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7'

Geez, Wuv, what a loooooong day for you! Congrats for staying OP, but really, you are always OP so I think I would be SHOCKED to hear otherwise!

Have a great day everyone. I have been having weird sleep issues lately. I've been waking up a few times in the night and I wake up so tired in the morning! This is new for me. Anyone else notice that their sleep is different being on IP?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  

Good Morning Wuv...you've really done some traveling girl! Glad to have you back.
Good Morning all IPers! Another week to stay OP and get those scale numbers and feel GOOOOOOOOOOD in clothes!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. I was OP on the weekend and am ready for Monday..as ready as one can be for Mondays! I have zuccini pancakes made for lunch and am off to exercise. My gym Boot Camp starts up so I will be seeing my trainer..more motivation.
Have a great day IPERS!

tried the WF Raspberry vinagrette..it was quite good for a change!

Stolaf.. I do wake up at night a few times..but do not know if it is IP as I had trouble sleeping before IP. Taking the calcium pills at night helps.

Last edited by Maile; 09-19-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I was up 1.6lb on my scale this morning but i think its water retension for some reason as i've been wearing my engagement ring on my middle finger as its too big now and this morning, i couldn't get it off and i've never had this much of a hard time. what could be causing water retension when you drink 140oz+ water a day?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Stolaf..Could it be the increased thryroid pills? I do wake up at night a few times..but do not know if it is IP. Taking the calcium pills at night helps.
Just in case this applies: don't take calcium within 6 hours of taking thyroid medicine. It seriously interferes.

Last edited by Linden; 09-19-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! This weekend flew just as fast as the others. I had a lot of homework to do and also wanted to keep up on the house work so I didn't have one down moment and I missed the whole weekend chat.

I was OP all weekend. My husband's band played Fri night out of town and I thought we'd have time for dinner beforehand but we didn't so I ate my choc/pb puffs and waited until after midnight when I got home and just fried a couple eggs real quick. Saturday I skipped a shake because I was busy and didn't finish my breakfast one until lunch time. Yesterday I was pretty good but only ate half of my bar while I listened to today's lecture at about 9. (Yep, I'm a day ahead on lectures for once!) I am down 1 pound from Thursday. Weekends are my big losses usually so I don't think this will be a stellar week. TOM is due around Saturday so it may mess things up the next few weeks.

I have to ask, is anyone else obsessed with what they are eating affecting their loss? I find myself wondering, "should I eat all of this because when I eat more I lose better but I don't want to eat too much either and slow myself down". It's absolutely redic! If I eat what the sheet says, no more no less, I WILL BE FINE! I just want to get to goal so bad and want to do everything I can to make it come faster. And for what? I'm scared to move to phase 2, terrified of 3, and hate to see what happens in 4. Crazy lady I tell ya!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #9  
Maile

Hi Linden..I learned that the hard way about the thyroid medication..that is why I take the calcium supplements later in the day.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #10  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! This weekend flew just as fast as the others. I had a lot of homework to do and also wanted to keep up on the house work so I didn't have one down moment and I missed the whole weekend chat.

I was OP all weekend. My husband's band played Fri night out of town and I thought we'd have time for dinner beforehand but we didn't so I ate my choc/pb puffs and waited until after midnight when I got home and just fried a couple eggs real quick. Saturday I skipped a shake because I was busy and didn't finish my breakfast one until lunch time. Yesterday I was pretty good but only ate half of my bar while I listened to today's lecture at about 9. (Yep, I'm a day ahead on lectures for once!) I am down 1 pound from Thursday. Weekends are my big losses usually so I don't think this will be a stellar week. TOM is due around Saturday so it may mess things up the next few weeks.

I have to ask, is anyone else obsessed with what they are eating affecting their loss? I find myself wondering, "should I eat all of this because when I eat more I lose better but I don't want to eat too much either and slow myself down". It's absolutely redic! If I eat what the sheet says, no more no less, I WILL BE FINE! I just want to get to goal so bad and want to do everything I can to make it come faster. And for what? I'm scared to move to phase 2, terrified of 3, and hate to see what happens in 4. Crazy lady I tell ya!
Itsabouttime..Sometimes I feel as crazy..I also wonder if what I ate affects things..even though it is all OP. When i am worried about the scale not moving, I do not eat restricteds for a day or two to try to get it going..or stick strictly to fish and chicken. On my calm days I just eat and enjoy the IP packets! I am about to plunge into Phase 2 and also find the change scary!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

I hear you about obsessing! I am finally just relaxing and eating what is on the protocol sheet and not worrying about it. I ate a lot of zuchinni and broccoli this weekend because that is what I had on hand and I could afford it. I would love to have asparagus all the time but it is expensive! Then I talk to my sis-in-law and she tells me things that she reads about dieting like some people are sensitive to caffeine and the coffee could be stalling my weight loss. I have a cup in the morning with my IP cappachinno. So you are not alone. But you know what? The weight is coming off regardless, so just hang in there. We can do this together!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #12  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

I am not quite sure why I am cheating on my diet this much, I had a horrible weekend since I wanted to stay OP but yeah right! I did not, not even remotely. Saturday was not as bad, I drank some wine and nibbled here and there, but Sunday... OMG! I ate like there was no tomorrow, I had a cheeseburger with fries for my lunch, and in the morning, the church I went to was celebrating its anniversary and they had cake and all kinds of sweets and of course I ate that and to top it all, once I arrived home, I ate a bag of popcorn. I was so disgusted with myself and thought of course I would pay the price by tomorrow.

Luckily though, today, my weight went up by only 1.5 pounds! which is far less than what I imagined, and luckily my stomach does not feel bad as much as when I cheated last time.

Anyway... cheating is bad, I will be straight back OP, I decided to have a restricted a day since it helps me staying OP.

I am so proud reading about WUV how you stayed OP with all the travelling you did, way to go girl I wish I have your phone number so I can call you everytime I feel like cheating and you will lift my spirit up

Hope all of you are doing well.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Geez, Wuv, what a loooooong day for you! Congrats for staying OP, but really, you are always OP so I think I would be SHOCKED to hear otherwise!

Have a great day everyone. I have been having weird sleep issues lately. I've been waking up a few times in the night and I wake up so tired in the morning! This is new for me. Anyone else notice that their sleep is different being on IP?
I had the same problem for the first 3 weeks. I started taking 3 mg of melatonin about 1/2 hour before bed and that had helped. You might want to start at 2 mg and then go up if needed. I have noticed it helps a lot with stress too.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I haven't been sleeping well either since I've been on this diet. Does anyone know why that might be? Maybe it's all that waking up to pee, and then it's hard to get back to sleep. Advil PM has been my friend.

Sorry to hear about the bad day yesterday Sandra. Monday is a new day, new week and a fresh start. I've been struggling this last weekend too and am now in a stall because of it. Hang in there. We can do this!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

I am not quite sure why I am cheating on my diet this much, I had a horrible weekend since I wanted to stay OP but yeah right! I did not, not even remotely. Saturday was not as bad, I drank some wine and nibbled here and there, but Sunday... OMG! I ate like there was no tomorrow, I had a cheeseburger with fries for my lunch, and in the morning, the church I went to was celebrating its anniversary and they had cake and all kinds of sweets and of course I ate that and to top it all, once I arrived home, I ate a bag of popcorn. I was so disgusted with myself and thought of course I would pay the price by tomorrow.

Luckily though, today, my weight went up by only 1.5 pounds! which is far less than what I imagined, and luckily my stomach does not feel bad as much as when I cheated last time.

Anyway... cheating is bad, I will be straight back OP, I decided to have a restricted a day since it helps me staying OP.

I am so proud reading about WUV how you stayed OP with all the travelling you did, way to go girl I wish I have your phone number so I can call you everytime I feel like cheating and you will lift my spirit up

Hope all of you are doing well.
I know!! I had a run in with chicken noodle soup this weekend and seem to have a heck of a time keeping my poop in a group come Friday nights. I know I feel like crap afterbut I just feel I need it! I think it is because I have been sick for the last 2 weeks and just want comfort food. I also have been lacking on the sleep because I am up coughing and blowing my nose all night so I think not enough sleep has a lot to do with it This is a new week. I think I will try to make a chicken noodle soup with miracle noodles, chicken, chicken broth and veggies for dinner and see if that helps.
Closed Thread