Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #1  

Default Day 2 Done and Feeling Good...

I'm surprised! I decided to go ahead and start, in spite of the sinus infection (I was feeling at least human again), and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected from what I'd heard about the first few days.

Yesterday I did get a pretty bad headache mid-afternoon but outside of that, it's going rather smooth. I'm also REALLY surprised at how NOT hungry I am. In fact, last night, I had to force myself to eat my #5 Medimeal. I'd had my 4 and my L&G and I was stuffed but I figured I better eat all 5 meals so I had soft-serve for dessert. I'm finding that tonight I'm feeling the same way. I have my Dutch chocolate shake in the fridge to have in a bit but I'm really not hungry.

The food tastes pretty good too! I've had 2 of the soups and they were yummy. I did soak them for about 30 minutes before actually cooking since I'd seen that tip online and it works well. But the softserve and shakes are yummy too. Not at all chalky like I had thought; the strawberry one tastes a lot like Slim Fast. About the only complaint is the bars. They are good(especially peanut butter) but I guess the sugar alcohols in them is the culprit. They bloat me up terribly and I also find that about an hour after eating I start having an after-taste. So, I'll finish off what came in this month's pack but I think I'll skip them next time around. All the added water had me up in the middle of the night peeing about 3 times, lol. I even made sure I drank it all before 6 p.m. to try and avoid that but no luck. Hopefully that will curb as I move along.

The real challenge is not wanting to dive into my husband's plate. Even though I was fully stuffed and not hungry, just seeing those old comfort foods and being use to giving in all the time, even when I'm not hungry, was hard to watch him eat without picking off his plate. But, that's just learning that I don't NEED those things and will-power, not a MF issue. But, to make it easier on me, he's agreed to eat his junk for his lunch at work so I don't have to see it and have a L&G with me in the evenings. He could stand to lose a few lbs himself so maybe cutting back on his dinners will be good for both of us.
EvilPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Good news! I'm glad to hear of your success!

Yeah, watching other people eat tempting foods can be hard. I just remind myself that it is "not my food." (And if it's not on my plate, it is by definition "not my food." )

Good luck! Keep checking in!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  
Bacon makes it better.

S/C/G: 135/128/106

Height: 5'1.5"

It sounds like you are doing great! I think the fact that you feel full is a positive sign. I can't wait to hear how your are doing, please keep us updated.
SkinnyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there, Evilpink. It does get better. Don't be shy about doctoring up the food to suit your taste. We all have our favorites and our dislikes. You can order just 1 of something on your next order if you're not sure.

Medifast is teaching me just how mental losing weight is. I thought this would be very physically demanding, but it's not. It's got to be very hard watching your hubby eat a completely different meal - going out and watching my friends eat carbilicious things kills me a little. That's great if he will eat lean & green for dinner with you.

Keep it up - you're doing great!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #5  

@ Riddy <Medifast is teaching me just how mental losing weight is.>

I seriously JUST now told DH that the hardest part of this is getting over the eating just to be eating (boredom, stress, etc). I told him that I am honestly NOT hungry, and I'm really not. I'm on day 4 now and by the end of each day I still have at least 1 MF meal that I still have to eat (tonight's it's 2) but am just not hungry. But, I definitely still have those moments (late last night was one), where I just want to eat for no other purpose than to be eating. But, I suppose that's what got me into this mess in the first place, huh? LOL. One thing that keeps me motivated with the MF though is that I PAID for it. I think to myself, OK, if you go OP, you basically just wasted several hundred dollars. Money is always a powerful motivator too, lol.

But DH did well for me tonight. My L&G was basically a chicken salad. I had it with some spinach, cucumber, and white mushrooms and some chicken breast diced up in it with a little herbs and some light ranch. He had half a steak left over from his dinner the other night so he had that with a big salad; his had a little more in it; tomatoes, olives, carrots, and broccoli, and of course he got to have more ranch but just seeing him eating salad too was plenty helpful even if his did have more stuff in it.

I did have a bad craving today for fruit though. I work as a caregiver with seniors and I took one of my clients grocery shopping. I, suprisingly, did well and didn't drool in the bakery or anything, lol, but when she went to buy her fruits - the wonderful smell and colors REALLY made me miss fruit.

@SkinnyBacon. Will do! I can't wait for my 1st weigh in on Saturday!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey! It sounds like you're doing really great. Just wanted to toss in that it's important to get all your meals in, even if you're not feeling hungry. Medifast is so low-cal that you do need those meals.

Keep on going!

Jay
Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #7  

Well, week 1's official weigh in was this morning. Down 8 lbs. Yay!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Wow, now that is amazing, isn't it? Good for you!

Jay
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Way to go!

Fast results are so motivating - keep up the good work!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote