General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #1  

Default Modified VLCD,Please tell me what you think..

So.. my plan is to do all an liquid VLCD mealplan monday through thursday.. up to 800 calories a day. 600 Calories from 6 100 calorie shakes a day, and two fruits. I guess its not all liquid since I am including fruit, I am a full time student, so the fruits will help me stay on plan
I will be making the shakes at home, from a high protein/low carb mix.
On the weekends, friday through saturday, I will have time to hit the gym. So I would increase my meal plan to 1200 calories. 6 shakes, 2 fruits, and the rest will be completed with protein and veggies, with the exception of saturday night being a cheat meal.

The reason I am not doing VLCD the whole week is I think my body could get used to this, and i would have a hard time introducing foods later on. I think by increasing my calories on the weekend, I could lose without putting my body through too much... Plus with a cheat once per week, this is something I could work with..

Thoughts and opinions? and if anybody is interested in doing this with me.. diet buddies welcome

I will be using wheybolic extreme 60 as my protein shake..
DailyStruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

VLCD's are really only supposed to be done with dr. supervision. I am concerned about you getting all the nutrients you need. Have you considered something less drastic? Though I know it's tempting to go for the faster weight loss, more moderate means might be more long-term. Every time I've tried something radical I've failed, and it's made me feel worse about starting over. You also don't mention your starting weight. Most people should NEVER go below 1200 cal/day. Though I don't believe in "starvation mode", I do believe in literal starvation and nutrient imbalance and this kind of thing eating your muscle mass if you stick to it for too long. I would really encourage you to either (a) talk to a dr./nutritionist to figure out how to best do this if you are really stuck on the idea of a VLCD or (b) consider a less extreme, more balanced diet.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezziePS View Post
VLCD's are really only supposed to be done with dr. supervision. I am concerned about you getting all the nutrients you need. Have you considered something less drastic? Though I know it's tempting to go for the faster weight loss, more moderate means might be more long-term. Every time I've tried something radical I've failed, and it's made me feel worse about starting over. You also don't mention your starting weight. Most people should NEVER go below 1200 cal/day. Though I don't believe in "starvation mode", I do believe in literal starvation and nutrient imbalance and this kind of thing eating your muscle mass if you stick to it for too long. I would really encourage you to either (a) talk to a dr./nutritionist to figure out how to best do this if you are really stuck on the idea of a VLCD or (b) consider a less extreme, more balanced diet.
Is it really that bad If i only do the VLCD monday through thursday? and although i didn't include it in my original post the protein shake is full of vitamins plus I will be taking a multivitamin, this is much less drastic then previous diets I have done such as the HCG diet, which I have lost weight on successfully, but gained some back because I had some surgery done on my mouth and went on an ice cream diet Due to me being a student, I prefer not to do HCG diet during the school semester.
DailyStruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezziePS4037554
VLCD's are really only supposed to be done with dr. supervision.
I agree. Good luck with your choices and I hope you find a way to lose safely.

Last edited by JessLess; 09-18-2011 at 07:09 PM.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote