100 lb. Club - Giving up before I even start?!?

View Full Version : Giving up before I even start?!?

Jen Jen
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I am new to the forums, but not new to yo-yo dieting. I am 37 years old, mom to 3, wife, sahm, fat... miserable...

If you looked in my kitchen you would find some Slim-Fast in the fridge, some Nutrisystem foods in the pantry, a couple of Weight Watchers books and a points calculator, a number of weight loss books, cookbooks, etc. I've tried it all.

And I'm currently at my very highest weight, 320 pounds.

How did this happen? And why can't I find the strength to change it? I am here because I REALY, REALLY, REALLY want to change it. I NEED to change. I am afraid my body is just going to give up on me... if I don't change.

I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can walk up the stairs... and yet, I continue to eat, and am afraid to exercise.

There is my candid introduction. I really want to change. I am ready to start. Don't know where or how yet, but I know that I'm ready.

Thanks for having me! Can't wait to get involved!

Jen Jen ;)

Somni
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi Jen Jen, welcome!

The best place to start is with some kind of plan in place. Calorie counting is always inexpensive and easy to do, there are some great sites out there to help you - fitday, myfitnesspal, sparkpeople, etc. Just picking a site and starting to track - and track honestly and accurately - can help you be more aware of what kind of goals you need to set.

Even if all plans are ultimately about eating better and getting healthier, it can take a little time and some trial and error to find the one that works right for you. For example I've been doing WW and happy with that so far but there are definitely many others that have tried WW and decided it just wasn't for them. If you find yourself struggling, just don't give up - change your plan of attack if you need to, but keep reminding yourself that this time you're going to do it! Take advantage of these great forums, they are an invaluable source of wisdom and support. :)

As for activity, take it slow with some walking or low impact exercises in the water, on the elliptical, etc, whatever you have access to that you think you can commit to. Diet is going to be much more important to your weight loss, but personally I've found regular activity helps give me a routine and keeps me on track, I'm happier, sleep better, have more energy, etc.

Slimjem
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi Jen Jen!
You have really come to the right place for support. There are some great cheerleaders and motivators for each other here. Good Luck on your journey. You are not alone. It sounds like you already have a few good resources at home (WW cookbooks). Keep us posted on your progress.

Gale02
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
:welcome:

You've taken a great first step by coming here and putting yourself out there. There are so many fantastic resources on these boards, and I know that you can find a plan that will fit! The people here are really understanding and supportive, I would say ask, ask, ask... no matter what the question people are willing to answer it.

Good luck, you can do it! :cheer2:

PreciousMissy
09-15-2011, 06:09 PM
:hug: Hi Jen!!!!

It sounds like you've tried many different diet but haven't found the one you want to stick with and that's ok. I've tried a lot too. As a matter of fact I've tried two in the last 2.5 months because the first one wasn't working for me. I'm hoping I found the right one this time...so far, so good!!

My suggestion is not to say "it's all or nothing" when you start out. Try making little changes like no mayo on your sandwich, or eat half the potato chips you usually do...each week keep adding in healthier changes. Then maybe one week start measuring out your food. If a serving size is 1/2 cup, then measure out 1/2 cup and that's all you should eat of that food. Then maybe the next week start writing down and counting calories.

Little changes can make a big difference!

TransformingMyself
09-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Jen, Congrats on taking the first step to a healthier you! Losing weight is hard for everyone, whether you need to lose 10 lbs or 100 + lbs. If it was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy. Just remember to take it one day at a time. Start out making small changes. One thing that helped me was, I asked myself every day "what do I want more", the answer was right there. I wanted to be healthy and fit more than anything. That pushed me each day. You can and will do it! We are here to help in any way we can. ((hugs))

linJber
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm going to risk expressing an opinion that may not be very popular. First off, welcome to the board (that's not the unpopular part!) And congratulations on deciding to get healthy. I want to tell you that you can do this. I am 60 years old and had been overweight (252 tops) since I was about your age. My first advice (still not the unpopular part) is that you will never regret starting now. I wish I had figured this out when I was your age. Now the opinion - and it's just my opinion, for what it's worth - sometimes going all out is the way to go. No baby steps. Just start eating correctly right NOW - this very minute - the way you know you should eat for the rest of your life. I don't mean to sound harsh or terribly opinionated. And just because this worked for me doesn't mean it will work for even one other person. But this is why I'm saying it:

Cutting out the sugar and junk and most white carbs greatly reduces your cravings for these things. If you don't crave them, you can resist them more easily. Decide that you want to be healthy MORE than you want a bowl of chips, M&M's, cake, whatever. Remind yourself that you will regret it if you fall too far off plan and that the moment of wanting something will pass. Make every food decision you make - one at a time. Choose ONE TIME to pass up the extra helping of "whatever." Next time, maybe you won't pass it up - just decide again when the next time rolls around.

You've been on a lot of different programs - I bet you know exactly what you should eat to be healthy and what causes problems for you. I bet you anything you want to bet that you can stay on a program of your choosing if you allow yourself to do it to the best of your ability every single day because you are worth it. And while I am suggesting going all out, allow yourself to make a mistake without getting all messed up over it. Just start over again RIGHT NOW. Once I came to the conclusion that this is not a diet, that this doesn't end, it all snapped into place. I think you're there. You want to be healthy for you and for your family. Lean on us - we'll give as much support as we possibly can. We're in this together. We will pull each other along.

Lin

KatMarie
09-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Welcome, Jen! Knowing that you're ready, that's the first step...you're there. About a year and a half ago, I reached that point, too. I'd had enough, it was time, I was ready. I haven't looked back since. You can do this!! Lots of support and inspiration are here for you. Lots of different plans, find one that works best for you and make it a life change. Good luck!

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow! You have a great cheering squad here! You can do it!

Think of this as a new way of life. Take your new way of eating slow. Don't expect a lot of weight loss to be shed fast. It takes time to build your new life style of eating....or you will gain all the weightl back once you go back to your old eating habits.

We are here for you.

Madame Souza
09-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Jen, Welcome!
You have come to the right place. You will have so much support and people cheering you on and celebrating your victories.
One thing that might help is to commit to your weight loss journey for a year. Look at it like no matter what, a year is going to go by. You can work on getting healthier or you can continue to not get healthy. Commit to the year and commit to putting yourself and your diet first. You deserve this. Make time to exercise, even if it is just walking around the block and build from there. Eat a little bit healthier each week. You can do this!

Lori Bell
09-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi and welcome to 3FC. Trust me when I say, "Been there, done that". I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now. It sucks, I know it does.

I totally and completely agree with what LinJber said in her post above. I, too, couldn't do the baby steps thing. I needed a change, and I needed it fast or I was afraid I would die and leave my kiddo's motherless and my husband a Widower. I couldn't afford the risk of taking all the time in the world. I jumped in with both feet. I chose calorie counting as my plan of attack and stuck to it day after day after week after week after month after month. The weight came off pretty quickly and I felt wonderful after the first week of getting the junk out of my system. I felt so much better that I knew right then and there that there was no turning back. Cheating was not an option *for me*. I saved the treats for maintaince...

Anyway, like linJbar also said, there are many different paths. You need to find the one that works best for you. There is no "right way"...except to stick with it for the rest of your life! :)

Hang in there and never give up. :hug:

April Snow
09-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome Jen!!

I'm going to agree with Lin and suggest that while starting with baby steps can be good, there is also something to be said for just going all out. My motto on my profile here says "stick like glue" because that was what I set out to do. I have been on plan for almost 4 months and have stayed on plan every one of those days. This is the first time in my life that I have done this but crazily enough, the longer I've stayed on plan, the easier it's been!!!

I will say that I did not add exercise as part of my routine consistently until this month - I did walk some but not consistently. For me, it was enough to focus on getting my eating routine well established first, as that is generally the primary basis for losing weight - the exercise definitely helps and it's great for fitness and toning but following the correct eating plan is going to be a far, far biggest aspect of the weight loss itself.

free1
09-15-2011, 10:16 PM
FIRST....start with a big hug to you...you've made the step that so many others are dying to make....I would echo the above. If you look at the end of the road, it's going to seem overwhelming. Set small, reasonable goals...like the first 10 pounds. Think positive, talk positive and remember that healthy will feel so much better.

Here's to you and a great start :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
You can do this! Make the commitment! Take little steps at first.

Thighs Be Gone
09-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey there. So many of us can identify with your feelings. For what it's worth, here are my tips.

1. Figure out your biggest downfall and WHEN you are doing the majority of your overeating. For me it was late night. Change that time. I started going to sleep earlier.

2. Use as many whole foods as possible--meaning unprocessed.

3. Set your house as your castle of success. Get rid of whatever it is you are having problems with. Be honest with yourself. If you can't have a jar of peanut butter, DON'T! I even lock up things from myself.

You can do this. There is no reason you can't. Decide today that you are worth it. Time will pass anyway so you might as well decide that when you look back in thirty days, you will have experienced success. The hardest part is getting going. Just do it.

You have absolutely, unequivocally, found the very best place for not JUST support but REAL ANSWERS! If you are legit in your efforts, you will find what you need here.

Lovely
09-16-2011, 09:50 AM
So many good pieces of advice and encouragement already!

Welcome to 3FC :) We really, really, really want to see each and every member succeed. And, as you can already see, we all follow slightly different paths and use different methods to the same end... BUT... we love to support everyone in eating healthier and moving more :yes: No matter what that means to the individual.

The good news is that it's never a bad time to start thinking about your health. Big or small changes, doesn't matter to start... they're all good!

Couple things I'd like to emphasize.

1) Find support. Doesn't matter if it's 3FC, or another online source. Could be a friend or relative. Maybe you want to join a support group like TOPS (tops.org) or Weight Watchers or OA. But, find support and lean on them whenever you need to. Support never judges. Support knows what it's like and will push you in the right direction.

2) You're human. This is NOT the time to be a perfectionist to the point where you'd quit if you made a mistake. If you were learning to ride a bike, would you give up if on the first try you didn't balance and fell over? No! The whole point of learning is accepting the fact that there will be mistakes and hard times. There is no avoiding this. Learning requires us to dust ourselves off and continue going no matter what.

3) Make plans you know you can stick with. Don't start out expecting to run a marathon a day if you can't run a block. Having unrealistic expectations puts undue pressure on ourselves, creates frustration, and can often lead to burnout and then quitting.

4) This last one is going to sound odd, but it needs to be said. The ultimate goal of this process is not to lose weight... it's to stick with it. That's not to say we don't want to reach our goal weights. That's not to say that we don't want to lose weight. HOWEVER, there are bound to be weeks when the scale stalls, or when we have a gain. There are going to be ups and downs all along this journey. The BEST thing you can do for yourself is to tell yourself that "Giving up is NOT an option." No matter what goes on, if you stick with it, if you keep making improvements, changes WILL happen. It won't be overnight, but the good habits you build will make a difference... IF you stick with it.

You can do this. :yes:

PaulaM
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the Board. This place is great, so many wonderful and helpful people. You can do it. From where I'm standing you are still very young, you have the rest of your life to be slim and healthy. I find checking in to this site regularly helps a lot, especially if you are feeling "weak" - there is always something here to inspire you to keep going

aliasihaya
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
I totally understand where you're at. I've done the exact same thing. Bounced around from program to program meanwhile never really changing my lifestyle. I've recently started weight watchers, but what I've finally done is gone to one of their meetings. I find that it's a bit cultish. :-) However, there is soooo much support because everyone has been where I am. I'm actually looking forward to my second meeting tomorrow. So I agree with the comments that sometimes just getting on this site or other online forums will help. It's definitely helped me. I do find other people's stories encouraging. Plus it helps me reinforce daily what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

It's definitely not easy, but I'm finally starting to believe that it's possible. It is a daily struggle for me. I constantly have to remind myself why it is that I'm doing this. But at the moment I'm focused on fixing my eating behavior before getting into physical activity. I wish that I could do both at the same time, but I know that if I don't take baby steps then I won't stick with it.

Everyone is different in the way that they have to pursue this. But I agree with everyone that it's a great first step to join this site. Hopefully the support will help you like it's helping me. Good Luck!

cajun moma
09-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Welcome Jen :hug:,
I'm a sahm of three also and I really relate to your story. Worrying about not being around for my kids was and is still my biggest motivation. This site is a wonderful place to start. My advice would be to come here often, wether its to ask, vent, or just read and be motivated by others. I try to come at least once a day. The most important thing is never quit. When you fall, get backup and try harder. Your worth it, and so are your kids. Best of luck on your journey. :)

SnowboundChick
09-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome. I'm also a Mom of 3 but I work outside the home full time. I'm 36 and married. So I know how you are feeling. You have to find a plan and the commitment to do this. I'm glad you posted because reading this thread was a good kick in the butt for me. If you need an online buddy, you can send me a message any time! Welcome and jump right in there is tons of support here.

rachaelm
09-16-2011, 02:17 PM
I like to look at the Mini Goals thread. It really helps me to see other people succeed. Makes me think, "Hey, if they can do it, I can too"

Don't give up! Even if you're not "perfectly on plan", that does not mean you can't be next meal.

Jen Jen
09-17-2011, 12:24 AM
I am so overwhelmed by all of your words of encouragement...

I am ready.

THANK YOU!!!!

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-17-2011, 08:44 AM
:carrot: You can do it! Read the forum and get and give encouragement, you can lose the weight.

124chicksinger
09-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Jen. I would repeat everything said here by the other insightful and caring members. You see you've come to a great place, right?! There are 100s of weight loss "plans" out there, but here is the bottom line. At our heaviest weight we are consuming a definite/certain number of calories daily to stay there. To lose 1 pound in one week, we reduce that number by 500/daily, or 3500 weekly. Everyone has read this information at some point in our weight loss journey. So we already know that....but then we go off to find a "plan" where that information is hidden or built in and not so "in your face" so to speak. I know for me I forgot that information over the years. So, it isn't about dropping your current consumption to 1200 daily, or finding and following a "one fits all plan" - its about finding a "this fits ME" course of action, reducing from the current calorie consumption 500 per day, nothing drastic required, and it is not about deprivation and working a plan that is not sustainable in the long run.

If tomorrow you decided to consume, and feed your family, nothing but salad and grilled fish, no one would be happy. Not you or your family members. However, if you make little substitutions, like low fat milk for whole, part skim cheeses instead of full, light bread instead of regular, pasta whole-wheat blend for regular, and maybe instead of fried chicken, make oven-fried chicken...and eat just a little bit less when you've made "regular" foods, your calories consumption would decrease, and you'll see successes at the scale.

I'm not advocating any diet over another--but whatever you choose to do I definitely suggest going to a calorie counting site as a start to get some incredibly useful information (there are plenty out there) and entering your height and weight and a small weight loss goal. Don't go entering 120 pounds as your goal...because what I'm suggesting is 20 pounds of weight loss from your current weight, for now -- and you'll find out how many calories you need daily to achieve it. Skimming 500 off your current is doable. Then, you can always return with another goal and find out how many calories needed to achieve that goal. Rinse and repeat!

We all love to eat; the less we weigh, the less food we need to both maintain that weight, and to lose more weight. So a good part of it boils down to a deficit of calories.

Get involved, get aware.

Lastly, track everything. It actually starts out kind of fun, like a game. The best part about that is, we are creatures of habit. We routinely find ourselves eating the same things...so eventually we know that a slice of rye bread has 80 calories, and so does an egg. Also, so many convenience diet foods - microwave popcorn for instance - list the calories per serving right on the front of the box!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to leave you with a little inspirational story. My daughter was classmates with a very heavy first grader. His mom and dad were heavy as well, so a bit of it was genetics and some environment and habit. His mom decided she had enough. She set about a plan for herself, and never told her husband or son or anyone else until it was obvious she had lost weight. What she did at home was....kept the regular jar of mayo when it was empty, bought a jar of reduced fat and emptied that into the regular jar. She took regular oil/vinegar type salad dressings that separate with the oil floating on top, and over the sink she squeezed the bottle upright (it dripped all over her hand...but was effective in getting most of the oil out) and then added back in some vinegar and water to replace the oil. Same dressing taste, less calories. She switched from Wonder white bread to Wonder wheat...and when that was "in place" she kept the bag and bought light wheat, and put that into the regular Wonder wheat bag. She replaced the whole milk in its carton with 2%. She bought reduced fat cookies and put them into the regular bag. Reduced fat peanut butter filled the regular jar. Whole grain less fat corn chips filled the regular corn chip bag. Same with snacks that came in low fat and/or low sugar varieties. Same with puddings and jellos. Same with cheeses. Lower salt potato chips for regular! Fat free sour cream for regular. Reduced fat and or lower sugar ice cream for regular. Sugar free Fudgsicle pops for regular. It really is hilarious the lengths she went to so her husband and son wouldn't know that they too were eating better! She started making the baked-fried chicken that you coat with yogurt and crumbs....she never let them see her do it...they didn't have a clue they were eating yogurt! She was doing all of this over a period of time.

Of course, eventually she had to fess up, but by then it didn't matter. Her husband had dropped 20 pounds, her son 10, and she was able to just buy the lighter foods and leave them in their packages and she herself went on to lose 200+ pounds and her husband 80 and her son 30!

So the point is....little changes make a big difference, and it isn't all or nothing. Believe me, I know all or nothing -- I was struggling just 2 weeks ago with the same notion. The people here are some wonderful people. I give a shout out to Lovely especially who is very wise and, well, lovely :). When you need a rope to come pull you back up into the boat, come here and you'll always find someone able to help you!

That you're here and ready to do something, you've already begun and I wish you the best.

Donna

dragonwoman64
09-17-2011, 10:44 AM
4) This last one is going to sound odd, but it needs to be said. The ultimate goal of this process is not to lose weight... it's to stick with it. That's not to say we don't want to reach our goal weights. That's not to say that we don't want to lose weight. HOWEVER, there are bound to be weeks when the scale stalls, or when we have a gain. There are going to be ups and downs all along this journey. The BEST thing you can do for yourself is to tell yourself that "Giving up is NOT an option." No matter what goes on, if you stick with it, if you keep making improvements, changes WILL happen. It won't be overnight, but the good habits you build will make a difference... IF you stick with it.

You can do this. :yes:

whether you go all out, or do baby steps, I would second and third the above sentiment. and for me starting with baby steps has allowed me to get closer and closer to going all out. the two sound like opposites, but they can lead you to the same goal. if baby steps doesn't work for you, go all out (and vice versa).

I was at about your weight when I started, and I walked. I walked about 6 short blocks then back again, and kept it up every day. Started doing some home exercises, like marching in place. I hated it at first because it was difficult, but it got easier. And the eating got easier. I had days off the diet, then meals off. Yes, it slowed down my weight loss, so they're are pluses and minuses to that. It did help me get past other eating problems I had.

I've seen people here have great success with the idea of making a "one year" commitment to their program.

well, you can see many of us can relate to where you are, some of us responding are at goal, near goal, in the middle (myself). Hang in there, and regroup and make a plan, people here can give you lots of great feedback.

toastedsmoke
09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Welcome Jen Jen! You can do this! You really can. Just make a commitment to yourself. I started this journey almost 3 years ago (Jan 2009) and yes, I could have been at goal in 1 year or whatever it is but I was "young" and "human" or any myriad of other excuses and here I am nearly 3 years ago, not yet at goal, but MUCH MUCH better off than when I started.

I confess I didn't really have a mass burning of my favourite foods, or make an announcement to anyone (family or friends) or anything. I just decided that I was DONE with being obese and I wanted it badly enough, that I was willing to do anything it took, whatever it took, to get there. For me, that did not involve giving up my favourite foods. There's very little I NEVER eat.

What has helped me?
1.) Calorie Counting: This has been what has helped me the MOST. I do eat better now than when I started but I confess it's not always as clean as it could be. With calorie counting, nothing is off limits to me. But at the same time I'm really really strict. Once I've set my calories for the day, e.g. 1500, that's it. I confess I've had days when all I've eaten is a few XL servings of cake. It's not nice, I promise, especially when you eat them in the afternoon and you're starving the rest of the day and all you have room for, calorie wise, is a garden salad, no dressing. I have this app "Tap n' Track" on my iPod that I use to track calories. I take it EVERYWHERE and would be lost without it. Before that I used a calorie counting book I got from Amazon. I like calorie counting because nothing is off limits AND it allows you to play flexibly with things like low-carb or low-fat or whatever on the side.

2.) Nothing is irreversible: It's never too late to stop myself! No matter how far a binge has gone. Better to have eaten 2500 calories by dinner time and pulled the reigns, than to think "I've already blown today" and munch another 2500 by bedtime. Tell yourself to stop.

3.) Exercise and track your exercise: This could mean a walk or marching in place during commercials whatever. Time everything. Record it at the end of the day. There are resources (not very accurate, but still) such as the Tap n' Track app but there are others, that will estimate how many calories you burned based on your weight and how long you were active for. Tracking you exercise and calorie expenditure gives you a healthier respect for what you put in your mouth.

4.) Weigh yourself regularly/often: Some people say the scale drives them insane. And I'm one of those people. But I have to confess that my level of accountability to myself when I'm weighing myself often (1ce a day or 2ce a week), is sooooo much greater than when I avoid the scale.

5.) You don't have to do everything: My mom is also one that has a million diet books and is up on all the latest in diet, fitness and nutrition. She's about 200lbs overweight because she is overwhelmed by all the nutrition. You don't have to try everything or do everything to be successful. You don't have to eat only super foods, or only organic foods, or avoid a class of foods, or pair only certain types of foods together, or eat a special pre-packed diet. You can do these things and be successful, but you can also be successful without doing them. A lot of people here are successful eating real food for every meal whether that's one meal a day or 6 or 7 meals a day or anywhere in between.

6.) Start easy: I believe in starting as you mean to go on. But I also realize that cold turkey can be really really daunting and discouraging. I started by reading labels and following serving sizes exactly. Whether I was full or not at the end and counting calories that way. I didn't yet have a food scale so I used measuring cups and spoons. I also planned my meals a week in advance and listed the calories for every meal so that I knew what I was allowed to consume before I exposed myself to food. I did that for a few months until my appetite shrank a little and I kind of was in the zone to continue.

7.) Join a Challenge or get a buddy: There's always a challenge starting up or going on 3fc. I find the team challenges especially really really helpful because sometimes we're better to other people, than we are to ourselves. I may allow myself to make bad decisions if left to myself, but if I know my team is depending on me, I tend to do better and try harder and make better decisions. If you don't WANT to join a challenge, of get a buddy, then participate here actively. Share your struggles even the most trivial. There's usually someone on who'll reply pretty quickly. I'm not on any other WL forums so I don't know about those, BUT I can tell you you've come to the right place. If you stick with it, stay active on here, and are serious about really making changes from today, you will be supported and advised and helped, and hugged and commiserated with and celebrated with etc on this forum. 3FC rocks!

Truffle
09-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Welcome, Jen Jen!

Thank you all for sharing--subscribing.

DreadPiratePanda
09-24-2011, 08:09 PM
WELCOME!!!! I'm pretty new here also. :) I know we can do this!

InsideMe
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey Jen Jen,

Welcome girl! I haven't read all the responses so this is a response to your original post. I read it and immediately what you wrote reminded me of myslef, and how fearful I was before I started. Don't let that fear over take you, fear keeps your stagnant or it makes things worse. You are stronger and better than that fear. You have the desire to lose, concentrate on that and start small. Take that desire and put it into small good habit first, maybe first diet, or making good choices first and see how that makes you feel, build that confidence cause that desire is already there. You have a choice right now, to continue the path you already know...you know where the fear leads you, or you can start a new path and take it step by step, and little steps that you feel good about. You have come to the right place for support, this place is great! I know your going to do great!

Arctic Mama
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I have to agree with Lin and Lori, I have spent three years losing weight by baby steps and it has worked - I am down about sixty pounds and have kept it off for the most part. The problem is, I could have been to GOAL by now if I hadn't been fighting overeating and cravings this whole time. I am still a fan of moderation, but some things, like sugar, cant be easily done in moderation by those of us who react to it. We unnecessarily white knuckle our diets to keep our 'treats', when just saying no and breaking the cycle for a few weeks can free us from most of the daily food issues we struggle with.

I am back after a short break where I regained about eight pounds, because I got eating junk and tried to cut back instead of just saying no to it. And the cravings, overeating, and constant daily struggle have NOT been worth it. So here I am, the queen of moderation, shutting out the sugar completely to gain a little food sanity.

We have all been where you are, at some point or another. I had to lose the weight to save my health and give my kids the mlm they deserved. And I'm still not there - day to day we work hard and do our best, and I can confidently tell you that if you don't give up you cannot fail. Despite the sugar cravings yoyo I accidentally subjected myself to, I'm back and working hard and you can do it, as well! As long as we are alive it isn't too late.

I am absolutely rooting for you!