Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 07:06 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Talking Join Me Please...................

In wishing Jiff a HAPPY ONE YEAR WLS ANNIVERSARY

Jiff, what a year this has been for you. We are all so glad you are here with us.

As dear peachie has said......this surgery saved your life.

Jiff we appreciate your wisdom.

Enjoy today!

Debbie
Old 01-29-2003, 07:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

JIff! Yes, I remember this day! You have had a wonderful year and this next one will be great too! It was so wonderful meeting you this summer in real life. Hugs and tears are great!

Have a wonderful day, you intelligent, strong, beautiful Chick!
Old 01-29-2003, 07:52 AM   #3  

OH YEA ,JIFF!!!! YOU get the Strippers!

(well, HEY! it IS kinda like your Birthday!)

peach
Old 01-29-2003, 09:10 AM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Talking Have to come out of lurksville for this one!!

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Here's some big bucks to enjoy those male dancers with !

YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY !!!

Old 01-29-2003, 11:21 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

aawwwww shucks ladies!!!! you are THE BEST... and as of this morning, i'm down a total of 261 pounds, and 164 since the surgery. it really HAS been quite a year. and i even called the surgeon to wish us both a happy anniversary and to ask if i could have a glass of champagne [he was too busy to talk]

i checked the clock when i got to the gym this morning.. it was 9:05. at that time a year ago, i wasn't quite out of surgery, but by 9:30 the surgeon was telling peach that i was fine, but i also came out of the anesthesia fighting..

what a difference a year makes!!! no more wheelchair. no more cane!!! and i can breathe and laugh and make peachie's life difficult!!!!

more later, you wonderful ladies.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:36 PM   #6  

Default Congratulations!

You are truly an inspiration. As I wait for surgery approval, I read your story and posts I know I'm making the right decision. Keep up the good work. Have a great day today. You certainly deserve it!

Lorrie
Old 01-29-2003, 03:53 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

one somber note, though. as i was going in for the surgery, debk was being admitted for an extremely long, near-death stay in the hospital from WLS-associated complications.

a bittersweet kind of day... but we're both alive and well and so much more active!!!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 06:00 PM   #8  
Senior Chicky

Yea Jiff, I thought about that this morning when I read this. I was Blessed enough to have a sweet angel keeping me posted on both of you.

I have definately given my Thanks that you both are here to be a part of my life - healthy, spunky and wonderful. And probably driving Peachie crazy!

J (who you know gets overly emotional at these kind of thoughts!)
Old 01-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #9  

Janice? would you like a tissue? A dirty joke?

peach
Old 01-29-2003, 07:25 PM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

Jiff I wanted this to be your celebration! But, thank you for remembering me. It's been a little tough today thinking back to what happened to me a year ago. Daughter mentioned to me this afternoon, "today is the day, one year ago that we found out what **** was." Hey, you would be proud of me, I even ignored the curse word.

But ya know what..........Jiff and I are healthy and happy........and skinnier!!!!!!

Debbie
Old 01-29-2003, 07:55 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

janice darlin.. i thought is was peachie that kept you informed... not some SWEET ANGEL!!!!!

AND DEB.. yep.. your family has certainly come back from what was probably the scariest time of their young lives. hope they appreciate it! it's obvious that they havent' forgotten it. and they do indeed love you, as they should!
Old 01-30-2003, 12:06 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I am always a day late!
Jiff you are an inspiration to everyone. I am so glad I have gotten to know you. I hope you had a very reflective day yesterday. Even though it seems like you have done what you have had to do, the change in you has been remarkable. I am saying this so poorly, but I hope you get the jist.
Congradulation!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:42 PM   #13  

Jiff!

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for being here!!!

Essie
LapRNY 1/6/03
-22 lbs
Old 01-30-2003, 10:19 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

<bowing> thank you ladies... and you're doing great, chickie.. how's it going??
Old 01-31-2003, 09:06 AM   #15  
Hang In There

Jiff, you are especially inspiring for me. I need you to keep all the stuid stuff ole Alvin does in perspective. While you are the poster child for WLS, he is the oposite. IMO (and not very humble opinion) But, he's healthy and happy and still loosing. I guess as long as his doctor is happy, I should be too.

Sorry I digressed, this is supposed to be about YOU and your sucess!!! Keep up the good work and keep cheering all of the rest of us on. we need you.
Closed Thread