Chicks up for a Challenge - 100% for 100 days til Christmas!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 100% for 100 days til Christmas!

Snowbrocade
09-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi all!

Some of us were very sucessful on our last 100% challenge.

This time I have calculated 100 days til Christmas starting on 9/16!!

Sign in and attain that slim bod to wear your holiday outfits!!

This saturday post your goals and and how you plan to achieve them.

This has been a very active group so please plan on checking in as often as you can. Checking in daily can really keep you on track and/or get you back on track quickly!

I know we will have lotsa winners on this thread and give ourselves a wonderful gift of a slimmer healthier body.

Cheers all!

Sno

miatutu
09-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Thank you for posting this. I am in. I just started back up a couple weeks ago. Doing good so far but was just thinking today that I need a support system to help me get through the upcoming holidays. Exactly what I needed at the perect time.

Leggo50
09-14-2011, 09:02 PM
This is so exciting, thank you for this! I joined a gym early last month and I'm supposedto lose 50 pounds by January 1, 2012, so this will align almost perfectly with my goal. I look forward to this journal with all of you!

Snowbrocade
09-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Miatutu and Leggo: welcome!!

You both have a head start and this will just add to our momentum. We will do it together!!

sno

indiblue
09-15-2011, 03:54 AM
I have never done a challenge before- I would love to join this one! I am at the tail end of my weight loss and want to get to goal (10 more pounds) by Christmas. I've been lazy and complacent lately, so hopefully this will get my rear in gear.

Officially committing!

CaliforniaDreamer
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Great Idea. I want to lose about 45 lbs by Christmas.

tyla
09-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm in! Want to lose the last 10 lbs to goal.

Snowbrocade
09-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Indiblue: welcome!!

Tyla and dreamer--yay you came over here!

AK Mom
09-16-2011, 03:49 AM
I want to lose 15 pounds (be 160). That is about 1 pound a week.
I plan to:
1. Ride my bike 7 miles 3 times a week
2. Burn at least 300 calories on cardio at least 5 days a week.
3. Count calories, logging everything I eat. With a net calorie intake of around 1000 a day (after subtracting the calories burned on cardio)
4. Not give up!!!!!

indiblue
09-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome!! I'm pumped about this challenge.

My specific goals are:
1. Lose 10 pounds/get to goal by Christmas
2. Cardio 1-2x a week/lifting 2x a week
3. IF (intermittent fast) when I can- i.e. on days when there aren't major social events that involve eating before 12 pm :)

lobon
09-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Count me in!
Goals are:
1. Lose 10 pounds by Christmas
2. 10k goal time 1'15
3. Ride at least 2 50 mile bike rides

I really want to increase from sprint triathlons to olympic distance next year so I have to work on riding/running faster and longer this offseason. I'm also planning a tropical vacation for the spring ;)

kateleestar
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM
YEY! I started this withmyself the day before yesterday, so I'm at 98-on-plan right now :lol: ... I realized the other day it would put me at 12/23, which would "give me a day to shop" LOL.. I'm nuts. Anyways, I was hoping one would start!

I'm in! I think I'm also in another one, but thats cool.. the more support the merrier!! WE GOT THIS!!

Goals:

SW: 218
GW: 195

1) Remember that I hold on to water like ITS MY JOB, lol, and to not let it get to my head.
2) To keep the "inspiration" pic as the backround of my phone and when I'm feeling like I'll slip, look at it.
3) To eat as cleanly as I can. Whole grains, veggies, all good things, no bad things.
4) To "run" the 5 races I have scheduled between now and then. To not freak out the next morning when I'm up 3lbs from water, sigh.
5) To stay between 1400 and 1900 cals.
6) To keep going.

I weigh daily, when I remember.. which seems to be every day but Saturday..

Anywho, thanks for starting this! I'm subscribing! :D

NoMoreKnit
09-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Count Me In! Just joined this week.
SW: 210? No scale at home, Tighttt 18's

Goal 1: ONEderland
Goal 2: 180 by Christmas! (2lbs per week)

mamatomany
09-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Alright I've been a member forever now but never post so its time to kick these last 15lbs.
I would really like to have one more baby but would like to get under 150 before I get pregnant again. So my goals are:
Starting weight: 162
Goal weight: 147
Exercise: 5/week
Count calories and stay on plan
Excited to have some accountability :-)

Raven132
09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm in! I want to be at 169 by Christmas. This is about what I weighed before I got pregnant with my first and weight has been coming off pretty slowly, so this is a realistic goal. My starting weight is 187.

envelope
09-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I am in!

100% for me means that I am calorie counting and staying with in my target calorie range.

indiblue
09-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Best of luck everyone on your goals! They sound great.

Ate "reasonably"- considering I had lunch out with a friend and two friends over in the evening. Had 1 glass of wine and a small chocolate-coconut square I baked- the rest was on plan.

Lifted in the AM for 45 minutes.

Up 1.5 lbs, pre-morning bathroom and post-lifting yesterday, so I may be retaining a bit of water. Not worried.

Okay, off for a day-long hiking trip today!

miatutu
09-17-2011, 10:35 AM
I am so glad I joined this thread. I need someone/thing to be accountable to. It helps keep me on track. I am going to try to drink my water. Have not been drinking nearly enough and I need to give up the coke zero. I want to keep doing my walking everyday. I want t add another 10 minutes to my walk by the end of next week and work out 4-5 times a week. I am doing good with my 1400 calorie daily and want to keep that going as well. I want to start adding more veggies to my meal plan and cut my carbs down to only one or 2 servings a day. I weigh in every 2 weeks because if not, I will go crazy weighing myself everyday and that can sometimes have a negative effect for me. My SW was 245, CW 235 and hopefully I will end up somewhere in the 210-215 range by x-mas.

KaylaL4107
09-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi all ;) I love the idea of doing a challenge for Christmas. My goal would be lose 50lbs by Christmas. My starting weight is 190 and I would like to be around 140 for Christmas. I plan on drinking plenty of water, packing my diet with fresh fruit and veggies, and working out 4-5 days a week. Good Luck to everyone.

Sakai
09-17-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm in!
it's so hard on the 3rd shift to drop weight. I never thought it would be so difficult. So for these 99 days, I'm not going to give up. I plan on being 100% vegetarian. I did it for 70 days last year with great results. I think my only cheat will be the thanksgiving turkey ^.^
today we went out for dinner after work. We normal go out to eat once a week, maybe once every 12 days. I had a cheese omlet with hash browns and an english muffin with water. that's not so bad, the bad was the ice cream I had right after. Only one scoop, but it had so many sweet toppings. But it's my middle of the work week hoopla, and I felt like dairy. (Curse you dairy!!)
Been veggie 5 days...99 to go.
weight goal 220 -17 pounds to go.

Snowbrocade
09-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi all!

it is so great to hear all your goals--very inspiring!! It feels good to have a specific time frame.

My goal is to be at 189 by xmas--that is 41 pounds which is a little high but I always lose more the first week so hopefully that will put me within range. I have had no problem with losing 2-3 lbs per week on average when I stay on plan, drink lotsa water and eat lotsa veggies.

I have been struggling with tendonitis in my heel which means I havent been walking. I plan to start lifting weights 3x per week and do calisthenics every other day. My current eating goals are to count calories and stay below 1500.

Drink 96 oz of water per day. No coffee. Post daily and reaffirm my goals.

Welcome to all! It is all possible if we stay focused and remember that being slim feels so food--a feeling that food will never give us!

Sno

Snowbrocade
09-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh and a big incentive is the after christmas sales--last year there was a bunch of amazing deals at the Gap and I want to stock up in a smaller size!

luckyme0510
09-17-2011, 07:18 PM
YAY!!! For some reason I was extremely excited about the idea of doing a Christmas Challenge. I usually never do challenges. I never even go to the Chicks Up For a Challenge tab... I feel like it was meant to be :) Hopefully you gals will keep me accountable!

So my weight goal for Christmas is 159lbs which means I have 37 lbs to lose by then, which I believe is completely realistic if I stay away from the holiday junk food. I plan on getting there by following South Beach, basically lots of veggies and protein and little to no carbs depending on my mood. Today is actually my fourth sugar free day and I am so proud of myself!

One of my biggest motivations is thinking about myself in smaller jean sizes for Christmas and actually wanting to take pictures.

Sakai
09-17-2011, 11:41 PM
it's my morning (7:30 pm)
And I'm having a problem I seem to have more often than not...what to eat?
I'm not fond of cereal, as the cereal+ almond milk = solid lump in my gut. I've had eggs in the last 4 main meals, I'm kind of egged out. I plan on a fruit smoothie for lunch, so i don't want one for breakfast. I have a big pile of squash and other such veggies from the garden holding down my kitchen table. perhaps I'll chop some up and simmer it in a little veggie broth. I had a late dinner, so I'm not really hungry. But if I don't eat breakfast, I'll be starving as soon as i get to work.
maybe one of my goals should be planing out my meals so i don't have this issue.
Question! I'm about to drop $2k on a piece of exercise equipment. I can afford it, but it will really drop the padding in my bank account...but will also drop the padding around my middle. Would it be worth it? I figure quality will be worth it, but it's so much $ to spend with a few clicks of the mouse.

April Snow
09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm in!!

I have been 100% on food since I started on May 22, and this month, added in exercise in a more consistent way. For Sept, I have been trying for 30/30 but I think I will build in a few rest days off into my plan after that.

Initially, I was looking to be in Onederland by Christmas but I am having even better progress than I expected. Tomorrow is my official WI day so I'll be back to update with my current weight and to figure out what I want to set as a challenge.

April Snow
09-17-2011, 11:59 PM
actually, I'll go ahead and use my current weight, knowing that I am giving myself a bit of a head start so my goal is a little bit more aggressive than I would usually try for. But I know that this is a good week, and that will help keep me motivated! lol!

CW: 217.8
GW: 193

plan: Dukan Diet Cruise phase and 20+ minutes of exercise or walking every day (with occasional rest days)

omgzitsmiranda
09-18-2011, 12:06 AM
I tried to do 100 days 100% and then hit a wall majorly lol.
So I started today again. 1 day down :)
99 to go! ----> Also, 99 days until Christmas :)

aleksandra
09-18-2011, 04:20 AM
I love the idea! :) I've already written down a countdown in my weekly planner :) yay! :D
I'm starting with 163 and I plan on hitting 150-155 by Christmas. If I reach my goal, I'll get myself a ultra-cute-flattering-sexy-gorgeous dress on the sales :o
To reach my goal, I plan to stick to my 4x/W workout routine. As for the eating, I'll just stick to my routine of adding as much fruits and vegetables as possible to my meals, avoiding animal fats (they give me digestive problems), eating enough protein and having dark chocolate as an alternative to sweets.
The only thing that bothers me is my wednesday and thursday schedule (partially even my monday schedule), because I'll be at Uni all day and I need to figure out some stuff (probably multiple snacks) to bring along that is healthy and will keep my full during the whole day. :dizzy:

indiblue
09-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Day 1:

Went on a hike, ended up being about 1 hour of hiking/mixture of very strenuous + ambling around. That was good.

Food:
2 boiled eggs
1/2 slice non-wheat bread + ~ 1 tbs peanut butter
1/2 banana

1 apple
about 1/4 c hummus + 4-5 tortilla chips
1 chocolate coconut square (oops)

small portion of fish tikka (baked)
about 1 c of rice
1 small bowl lemon coriander soup.

Water: LOTS

I think I'm still holding on to a lot of water weight, which is no good. I've been feeling bloated after dinners so I'm trying to cut sodium, oil, aspartame, and wheat and eat a lot lighter (mostly fruits, yogurt, lean proteins).

IF'd yesterday, started my eating at 1 PM. Worked out great.

Sakai
09-18-2011, 12:44 PM
off work and too achy for a work out. I think I'll just jump on the trampoline for a bit eh?
Snack-half an apple with peanut butter
lunch -smoothie with chia seeds and protien powder + fruit.
snack - peach
dinner.- avacado with tomato and roasted green chilli with a little cottage cheese + serving of tortilla chips.
1 coffee
1 tea
4 water
feeling bloated right now. I wonder if it's because of the dairy I had yesterday?

miatutu
09-18-2011, 12:59 PM
hoping today goes better than yesterday. I did my walk, stayed in my calorie range but just feel like I could have done better. I did a lot of snacking and kind of felt like if I had made better choices I could have had bigger better meals. I just felt cheated at dinner because I snacked my calories away during the day. I tried drinking my water but it didnt happen, so hopefully I will do better today. The baby has a cold and the hubby and kids have 3 baseball games to play today, so I may have to forgo the walk and do an exercise video instead. Stayed on track for breakfast, have a butternut squash baking in the oven now for lunch and not quite sure about dinner yet. Well, I better go fill up my water cup now that I'm thinking about it. Have a great day everyone.

luckyme0510
09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
It's noon of day 5 on South Beach for me. I had a big salad for breakfast. FIVE days without sugar, I can't believe I've made it this far. TOM surprised me this morning ( I've been irregular since January for some reason) so I was extra proud of myself that I was able to say no so sugar even though I was pmsing.(Sorry, tmi). I'm feeling too tired for exercise today, I'll probably just do some housework since I have to do it at some point anyway. I'll probably need to be on 3fc for a lot of the day today, it's what I do when I feel like I might be capable of falling into temptation.

Good luck to you all! Stay on track, Christmas will be here before we know it!

April Snow
09-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm going to finish out my 30/30 exercise challenge and then convert that ticker to track the 100 days but 1/1 so far!

And I had a great WI for the week - down 4.4!! So hoping to get 20 lbs more during these 100 days.

SW: 217.8
CW: 213.4
GW: 193

CaliforniaDreamer
09-18-2011, 03:01 PM
DAY 1 was: 9/16/11

My weight goal is to be at 232 by Christmas.

My exercise goals are to jog/walk for 30 minutes and to increase by 30 minutes every month & to try to start running.

My diet goals are to stay in between 1500 & 1800 calories, eat more vegetables & fruits. Also eat less red meat and more chicken & fish (lean meat).

Coco12
09-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I am in - I have gained 30 lbs -after losing 96 - and I can't stand the scale going in the wrong direction but have felt helpless to stop it - I think this will help !
I have a plan to cut out eating between meals ( 1 snack a day)
and cut out sugar and white flour.

Thanks for this

Sakai
09-18-2011, 11:57 PM
You can do it Coco12!!
Cutting off sugar and white flour is tough...If you've done it before then you know you might have strong cravings/withdraw type feelings.
My BF has a gluten intolerance and when we started cutting out wheat it was really rough on both of us. We loved bread and cereals....even gluten free bread and cereals didn't seem to help.

One day at a time. I also find it helps to journal your feelings at the moment you think you're about to cave into cravings. I find that by the time I'm done writing out the reason I want this food and the reasons I shouldn't have it, and remind myself of my goal, I really don't want the food anymore or i pick a healther alternative. this helped me greatly when I was finally giving up meat.

But stay strong and you'll see that scale move back in the right direction!

free1
09-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm in....A regular 18 by Christmas

omgzitsmiranda
09-19-2011, 12:09 AM
You can do it Coco12!!
Cutting off sugar and white flour is tough...If you've done it before then you know you might have strong cravings/withdraw type feelings.
My BF has a gluten intolerance and when we started cutting out wheat it was really rough on both of us. We loved bread and cereals....even gluten free bread and cereals didn't seem to help.

One day at a time. I also find it helps to journal your feelings at the moment you think you're about to cave into cravings. I find that by the time I'm done writing out the reason I want this food and the reasons I shouldn't have it, and remind myself of my goal, I really don't want the food anymore or i pick a healther alternative. this helped me greatly when I was finally giving up meat.

But stay strong and you'll see that scale move back in the right direction!

I've recently starting dealing with a gluten intolerance, which makes eating incredibly difficult [at least to me..] BUT along with the gluten problem came a lactose/dairy problem, which eliminates basically everything else I could eat minus fruit LOL.

What kinds of things do you eat?

April Snow
09-19-2011, 12:10 AM
2/2

Just finished a WATP Cardio Slim video. And I have also cooked my healthy, on plan food for the next 3 days. Chicken soup, roasted eggplant, and beef with broccoli for lunches and dinners. Breakfast on my plan is the same thing every day, 2 tbs of oat bran made into a porridge.

I love the relaxed feeling of knowing it is all just ready and waiting for me. (I don't like to eat leftovers after 3 days, so I'll cook something again mid-week)

indiblue
09-19-2011, 12:12 AM
sakai your food yesterday sounds delish!

miatu sorry about the tough day! Maybe you can just walk around the baseball field while your kids play and get some exercise in that way. Butternut squash sound awesome.

luckyme congrats on 5 days!!

----

PHEW. I FINALLY got rid of the 4-5 lbs of water weight I've been carrying for a week now. I feel so much better this AM. I can't believe how much water I had to drink to lose it all....

Ate:
1 c chickpeas with old bay seasoning
1 small guava
1 apple

1/4 c yogurt
2 egg whites + 1 egg
1 c freshly made spinach soup (yum!)
1 coconut-chocolate square

Plus a LOT of nibbles and bites here and there.

Calories were lower yesterday because I've been bloated and (tmi sorry) backed up... for some reason dropping my calories yesterday seems to have helped me drop the water weight. (Drank about 4 L of water yesterday).

Anyway, back to normal today!! Yay!

Snowbrocade
09-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Hi all!

I posted earlier today with some responses and it hasnt shown up. I want to acknowledge all the hard work we are doing--looking for the best way to eat and be healthy and lose weight.

It takes a lot of determination and tenacity to lose weight and the more we take an opportunity to make healthy choices, the stronger we get.

I wanted list all you incredible people and just give you all a great big :cheer: and :hug: cuz we are fantastic!!

AprilSnow
California
indiblu
sakai
miatu
luckyme
Omgitz
free1
coco12
aleksandra
leggo
tyla
akmom
lobon
katelee
carlyc
mamato
raven
kayla
envelope
sno

Would it be helpful for me to list our goals together???

NoMoreKnit
09-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Weekends are hard for me, our get togethers revolve around food and football. Went over my calories but didnt get all reckless and self sabotage YAY. 100% today, going to get new sneakers and maybe an exercise dvd today. My calorie goal from livestrong is only 1070 and its challenging to eat that little!!

indiblue
09-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Reporting in for Day 3!

IF'd until 1 PM: a good time to for me.

Ate about 85% on plan.
2 c spinach soup
1/4 c sauteed veggies
1/4 c chickpeas with old bay seasoning
1 apple

~5 oz grilled fish
handful of grilled veggies
1/2 piece of toast with butter
1 reasonable slice of berry pie

Looking at this makes me think calories may have been a little bit high, but I didn't feel stuffed after dinner so that's good.

Exercise: 40 minutes lifting

carly congrats on not going crazy with calories and enjoy the new sneakers/exercise dvd! sounds like you deserve it!

April Snow
09-19-2011, 01:48 PM
I think I am a day behind on counting, but I've been on plan all month so I guess now I'm 3/3 and working on day 4 today.

omgzitsmiranda
09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm working on day 3 now :)
Things are going good so far!

miatutu
09-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Staying on track today. I am drinking my water, which that in itself is a step in the right direction. Had a OB/GYN appt. today and didn't look at my weight. I weigh in every 2 weeks and since they weigh me with shoes and clothes, I didn't want to see the number and be dissapointed. It is so hard or me not to step on that scale every day.
Hope everyone else is doing a great job today too.

luckyme0510
09-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Kudos to you miatutu for having the will power not to weigh yourself everyday. I tried that once and it didn't work out. I have improved though in that I only weigh in the morning when I first wake up and THAT'S IT! Before I used to drive myself nuts weighing myself every time I went to the bathroom, it was as custom to me as washing my hands. And I know that weight fluctuates throughout the day so I don't even know why I would torture myself that way.

Anyway, day 6 without sugar is almost complete. I've been feeling like I was going to lose my mind today too :( I'm hoping this is going to get a little easier sometime soon. I am now down to 195 so I am extremely happy about that, it's the only thing keeping me from eating the things that I shouldn't. As for exercise, I was too tired today as well, but I definitely plan on going to the gym tomorrow, enough is enough.

tyla
09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
This is Day 4 :)

April Snow
09-20-2011, 12:24 AM
4/4 - did a 2 mile WATP tonight! For me, making sure to get in the exercise is my biggest hurdle, although after this month, I am going to build in some rest days into may plan so it will be ok to take a day off sometimes and still be on plan.

Sakai
09-20-2011, 12:53 AM
I've recently starting dealing with a gluten intolerance, which makes eating incredibly difficult [at least to me..] BUT along with the gluten problem came a lactose/dairy problem, which eliminates basically everything else I could eat minus fruit LOL.

What kinds of things do you eat?

I have a lactose problem in fact. Which is bad because I love dairy, cheese is my weakness as is ice cream. And I'm a vegitarian fully, not even chicken or fish. So...no meat, very little wheat, and no dairy... it get's pretty rough when meal time comes around. For the most part we stick with tried and true veggie meals that are simple and yummy and best of all fill us up. "Fake meats" are a lifesaver when it seems the meat texture is all you're craving. I've made meatloaf and burgers and "Chicken" enchaladas and they came out great with the meat replacements.

Beans are my friend. Their cheap, easy, full of protien and their are so many different kinds. I add avacado to everything, it adds good fat that fills me up and gives everything a creamy texture.

the main thing is the plan, we plan our meals days ahead so where never stuck wondering what to eat and go off diet. it's very hard to gout out to eat because there's very little out there with the no meat/no wheat/no dairy rules we have. We always end up cheating where we can. He can have meat and dairy and I can have wheat. but we try to cheat very little.

ETA :
Snack-pear
Lunch Carrots and broc+ a bit of ranch dip +a serving of cheese and a serving of almonds.
Snack-peach
Treat- a rice krispies treat
2 coffee
3 water

It's my weekend now. I plan on a main meal of stuffed roasted pablano pepppers all chopped up with "chik'ken" and made into puffy tacos. I've never made puffy tacos before. I hear it's the same as making indian fry bread, only with corn flour instead of wheat flour. cross your fingers for me.

omgzitsmiranda
09-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Day 3 done!
97 to go :)

NoMoreKnit
09-20-2011, 11:01 AM
So I didnt drive 30 minutes to civilization to buy new shoes yesterday, but I did go under my calories plus walked a mile pushing the stroller. In a great mood this morning, I think just working on bettering myself makes me feel better!

indiblue
09-20-2011, 12:27 PM
April and Carly nice job on the exercise!

tyla we are both working on the last 10 lbs! Good luck to you :)

DAY 4:

Exercise: 35 minute run
IF: Started eating at 1 PM.

Food:
1 c ff yogurt + 1 c frozen berries
2 egg whites + 1 egg
1 apple

~6 oz grilled fish
1 c pineapple
10 cookie wafers (oops :o)

Doesn't seem like a lot of food but it came in at 1349 on MFP. Too much fruit and not enough veggies, I know. Trying to finish up the fruit we had lying around. Really, really bad about those cookies.... they totaled 320 cals :(.

But cals overall are on-plan. Hurrah!

Snowbrocade
09-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Day 4/4

I got confused! today is day 4 since we started on Saturday.

doing well very happy to be on plan and not feeling stuffed!!

sno

miatutu
09-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Stayed on plan eating wise today. i have not worked out for the last 2 days because I have a real bad case of poison ivy. I cant put on my shoes, and if I start to get hot and sweat I itch worse than ever. But other than that doing good.

indiblue
09-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Day 4/4

I got confused! today is day 4 since we started on Saturday.

doing well very happy to be on plan and not feeling stuffed!!

sno

I live in Asia so I am always 1 day ahead :D. Sorry if that is confusing- I changed my numbers so I think I'm with you guys now!

Congrats on staying on plan and not feeling stuffed!! A great feeling.

April Snow
09-21-2011, 12:15 AM
however many days it is, I'm on track! lol!

I just did 30 minutes of Wii Fit steps while watching the biggest loser. over 3100 steps!

JazzyPeggy
09-21-2011, 01:02 AM
I debated whether I could do this or not. Really commit to stay on program until Christmas. But after watching Biggest Loser tonight and one of the contestants saying he was already off his BP medicine, I thought I can do this, I need to do this. I would love to lose 25 pounds by Christmas.

Sakai
09-21-2011, 04:20 AM
I haven't seen biggest loser in almost 2 years! i didn't even know if it was still being taped. I gonna have to Hulu all the episodes or something.
The puffy tacos turned out hard to make but very yummy.

but
I Just bought a treadclimber...$2,500 :faint: empty bank account aside, I'm super excited I've been wanting one for three years and Been trying to save up for it. I was very afraid to spend so much money all at once, but I knew I was getting quality that will make me and my DF healthy. I hope it comes soon! I spent so much on it, I'm gonna be on that thing every chance i get.

lobon
09-21-2011, 08:06 AM
checking in, day 5. I'll be weighing in Friday morning but so far pretty good.
My goals are mostly fitness related- improving 10k run time and increasing cycling distance. I did a 4 miler that was about 30 seconds/mile off 10k goal but I could have pushed more- I wanted to play tennis right after ;) Big bike ride planned for Saturday if the weather cooperates this week. I have been falling into the trap of emotional eating after having a couple of miserable days at work, but at least I've been pretty moderate in quantity of my bad food choices.

Coco12
09-21-2011, 09:00 AM
I have not been able to post much because I am on 12plus hours a day in the office I expect it to slow down in a couple weeks and Ill have more time to log on. So far so good with this 100 day challenge.
I have lost 2 pounds so far and only slipped a tiny bit on my food plan (I had some sauce on my sandwich from the cafeteria.) I will have to start packing my lunch as well as my breakfast now that I am working 7am to 7+pm. It is easy to talk myself into poor food choices when I am tired hungry and don't have any healthy food with me.

So thanks for being here for me I will log in again Saturday if not before.

kateleestar
09-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Good morning, all!! I'm still on plan and I'm VERY happy to say that I'm back down to 218 from my TOM-induced-water-weight-222... WHEW. Stupid body. ANYways, all on plan this week, no cheats, everything accounted for. If it's not planned, its not going past my lips!! :lol:

I think I'm going to make this http://www.katheats.com/?page_id=551 for dinner... YUM. I'll have to make "real" pasta (whole wheat!) for DH as eating spaghetti squash would not be enough for him.. I'd need to make like, 4, lol...

Have a great on plan day everyone!!

NoMoreKnit
09-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Went under my calories yesterday plus got a good workout in! My sister is working out with me, her sneaker mangled her pinkie toe so instead of walking we did pushups (well, we attempted) situps, leg lifts, and curls. Some fat cells were def crying after that!! OH and NSV, put on a pair of jeans that I used to have to wear an elastic hairband to "button" and they button! Mega Muffin Top of course but they Button!! 10 days in, i'm pleased! I'm excited to weigh in but I dont have a scale at home.
Enjoy your day!

Sakai
09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Last day of my weekend.
DF and i split two small vegan pizzas. I chopped up some onion, bell pepper, roasted green chili and some jalapeno and cooked it down for about half a hour and added it to the pizzas (they were plain soy cheese)
Had one more puffy taco (to get rid of leftovers)
Had half a natural rasberry licorice- 50 cals (I hated it so I only ate half.)
Had two servings of pita chips wioth hummas
2 alcoholic (sp) drinks.
1 tea
1 water.

tyla
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Day 5 :)

Indiblue, thanks for your well wishes. Best of luck to you, too!

JOLINA
09-21-2011, 02:01 PM
:candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy: :tree::candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy: :tree: :candy:

I'll join all of you til the Holidays.
I just checked my BMI and I can lower it a point or 2 if I stay on plan the rest of the year!

I count my calories and lose about 1 pound/week. So I hope to lose at least another 14 pounds by December 25.

I hope everyone here becomes healthier and slimmer by the Holiday Season! :xcheer:

TELL ME I CAN'T
AND I'LL SHOW YOU I CAN!
:tree:

miatutu
09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Well under my calories for today, so I'm doing good food wise. Need to up my water intake again. I tried to do some standing situps. My poison ivy is spreading so I still can't work out or walk. Calling doctor tomorrow to see if I can get the shot or medicine for it. I don't want to gain or stay the same because I can't exercise due to this stupid rash. Everyone seems to be doing well. Keep up the good work.

Snowbrocade
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM
HI all:

doing well--had a nice roasted chicken breast for dinner with a tad of hummous for taste.

my heel is much better so I did a few laps walking today.

Cheers!

sno

indiblue
09-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone!

Day 5 complete:
IF: Started eating early, at 11:30 because of my yoga class. Not sure why, I usually exercise on an empty stomach without problems.

Exercise: 45 minutes mild/moderate yoga

Food:
200 g ff yogurt + 1 c frozen berries
1 tbs peanut butter
2 morningstar veggie "sausage" links
2 c homemade lentil/veggie soup
7ish wafer cookies + 4 twizzlers (baaaad)

Calories overall came to around 1300. Not bad.

miatu what is a standing situp? I am intrigued!
sno congrats on the heel!
Carly way to go on the NSV!

April Snow
09-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I've got a cold today and feel lousy but didn't want to break my streak, and anything in Sept. is not a planned rest day. So I did 20 minutes (my minimum) on the Wii. Not the best workout ever, but it was movement I would not have otherwise had so it counts.

envelope
09-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I had a good day. I ate breakfast at home and then was out of the house for the rest of the day. I packed enough fruit/vegis/snacks to get me through the entire day and I just finished my cals for the day with a yogurt.

Making sure I have enough grab and go foods is key to keeping my cals on the lower end of my range on days that I am on the go from morning til night.

omgzitsmiranda
09-22-2011, 12:55 AM
So far so good! :) Staying in under calories probably too much less, but i'm just trying to listen to my body. I need to up it a little more so hopefully my weight will keep dropping. But I'm starting to see a difference now which helps. Some pants are way too big already and the "tight" ones are getting looser. yay!

tyla
09-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Today is day 6 :)

lots2go
09-22-2011, 09:34 AM
I wanna join!! I need all the motivation/accountability I can get :)
My goals:
-Lose 15 pounds which would make me 179
-Stay on plan every day
-drink my water
-weigh only 1 time per week

I'm Rebecca 31 yr old mom of 4. I'm following WW Points Plus. Can't wait to get to know you all!!

iaradajnos
09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi folks. I haven't had a chance to catch up on my readings on everyone's success and challenges. It's been busy with a couple fast approaching deadlines that are taking up office and personal time.

I've been following the 100% for 100 days this year, but didn't switch over to this new link. I have some mixed feelings as I've enjoyed participating but my family doesn't celebrate the holiday so I wasn't inspired as many are.

I am commiting to 100% until the end of the year. My family leaves for Asia on Dec. 24 to visit in-laws for the first time in 10 years. I hope to lose some more though it's been a very slow process--even with 100% follow through.

It's good to start at Day 1 for me as I had a Cap'n Crunch/Peanutbutter Crunch cereal overload. Haven't had it in years but they're giving vintage-like t-shirts away with 4 proofs of purchase. Can't believe I fell for it but, "oh my goodness--I really missed that flavor". Hmmm. I'm kind of done for now and won't buy more.

indiblue
09-22-2011, 12:35 PM
hi lots2go and iaradajnos! welcome! :wave:

Day 6: GREAT!!
IF: Started eating at about 1:30 PM
Exercise: 30-40 mins of mild yoga

Food:
1 c lentil/veggie soup
1.5 c milk + 1 scoop optimum nutrition protein powder

1 c peanut tofu veggie curry
1/4 c rice
1 pear
1/2 c yogurt + 1 tbs honey
~10 mini chocolate chips

YAY! No crazy dessert or Twizzler/cookie splurge during the evening!

off to bed :)

Sakai
09-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Feeling a little down today....
Breakfast-cheese w/extra from my lunch dish
snack-banana
lunch- cooked onion, potato, roasted green chilli, Kale, and 2 small eggs + grapes
snack-peach
dinner -baked potato w/ cooked onion, bell pepper, green chilli, garlic. with greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and a serving of shredded cheese on top.
1 coffee
4 water
1 cream soda (Virgil's all natural)
8 days meat free.

miatutu
09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Still hanging in there. I went over may calories by like 50 today. I was picking while making dinner. no exercise today, but I got medicine for my poison ivy. It is steroids. a 10 day pack. They say they can make you gain weight. I hope they don't stall my loss while I am taking them. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some exercise in.

Indiblue- they standing abs is just like hip hop abs. Standing chrunches and lifting my legs. I usually put on a music channel and do it for a few songs. I can really feel it the next day.

lots2go
09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
hey, indiblue....what is IF at the beginning of your post?

April Snow
09-22-2011, 11:12 PM
still sick but still worked out - 30 minutes of Wii Fit

btw, I don't post my food but I have remained on plan - today is my 4 month anniversary and I've been on plan the whole time!

indiblue
09-23-2011, 12:07 AM
thanks miatutu!

April congrats on staying on plan for 4 months!!!! incredible.

lots2go It's called Intermittent Fasting. There are a number of people here who do it. The name is a misnomer- it's not actually "fasting" but rather eating all your food in a shorter "window" of time. The health effects include feeling fuller faster (interestingly enough!) when you do eat, thus preventing snacking and grazing, and your body burning a greater percentage of fat instead of lean muscle during the hours you are not eating. (The reasoning for the latter is that there are hormones your body releases after you eat that suppress the fat-metabolizing process and utilize carbohydrates instead. If you aren't eating for a longer period of time, those hormones are not released and your body uses fat for energy, not carbs.)

Google "Lean Gains" for more info- it's a great blog with all sorts of studies and articles on the health benefits of IF. I really like IFing- it is not a diet that helps you lose weight (because it doesnt restrict the amount of food you eat), but it is a method that helps me stay within my caloric limits and I do feel some body recomposition effects of it :)

Sakai
09-23-2011, 12:12 AM
hey, indiblue....what is IF at the beginning of your post?

IF stands for Intermediate Fasting (sp)
There's a huge thread about it in the diet forums.
In a nutshell it's where you fast for a certain number of hours a day everyday or a few days a week.
For example...say...everyday I fast for 18 hours (including sleeping) so I have a 5 hour window to eat. Or I have a 16 hour fast and have 7 hour window to eat my calories. Or say I only fast every other day.
some have 24 hour fasts once/twice a week. (fluids don't count if they are under 50 cals I believe)
You can get more info on google

Snowbrocade
09-23-2011, 01:51 AM
HI all!

tired today--noticed I kept thinking about stuff to eat that would make me feel better--

It is the opposite--not eating something will make me feel better!! I can just imagine how it will feel in December when I will be wearing a much smaller size and feeling much more comfortable and sexy!!

cheers all!

Iardajnos: I thought about the whole holiday thing--I dont really celebrate xmas either but it is such a landmark day that I went ahead anyway--somehow 100 days til solstice didnt pack the punch for me!! anyway glad you could make it!

tyla
09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
TGIF! Day 7! :D

April Snow
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I've been following the 100% for 100 days this year, but didn't switch over to this new link. I have some mixed feelings as I've enjoyed participating but my family doesn't celebrate the holiday so I wasn't inspired as many are.

We're Jewish so I don't celebrate Christmas either but I figured it was still an easy date to remember and keep track and 100 days was a nice round number to work for, with the great support from others on this thread.

omgzitsmiranda
09-23-2011, 12:01 PM
So far so good :) Now I just need to get my exercise in check and not let life stress get in the way.

NoMoreKnit
09-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey Ladies. Feeling the burn this morning after my workout, Woot! I worked at an Army training facility and we have an outdoor gym that i've gone to twice this week, it's all steel equipment and uses your own weight as resistance, PHEW! There are about 8 types of equipment to work diff areas. Leg Presses and Rowing are the hardest things to do but my arms/shoulers are what is sore today. Weighed wed and was dissapointed to only see a lb loss since last weekend but then it was TOM the next day so hoping that will change monday.

Sakai
09-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Morning everyone!
Feeling a little better today.
Calories today add up to just over 1300
Breakfast-serving of cheese+ serving and a half of hummus + serving of pita chips.
Snack-banana + three dried figs.
Lunch -squash dish with onions, mustard greens, potatos. + grapes
snack - nectarine (sp) + four dried figs.
Dinner - Red chilli menudo
2 coffee
6 water.

ETA a bit down that my weight isn't moving down, only going up a little and then back to where i started and back up again. >.<

April Snow
09-23-2011, 07:27 PM
still dealing with my cold but got a good Wii Fit workout in today.

Snowbrocade
09-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi all!

well it has been a good week for us, I think!!

My goals for next week is to write down all that I eat and to eat more veggies.

Sno

indiblue
09-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Day 7 check in!

IF: started eating at 12:30 pm
Exercise: 30 minutes lifting

Food: Good I think! I didn't measure dinner, but soup was really low-cal and I (hopefully) overestimated how much veggie pizza I ate. Still came in around 1200/1300
1 latte
1 c yogurt with 1/2 c strawberries
1/4 c leftover peanut tofu veggie thai curry

20 almonds

~1.5 c homemade broccoli soup
~ 2 slices homemade veggie thin-crust pizza

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

lots2go
09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you ladies are doing great so far!!! I had my weekly weigh in on Friday and *woot woot* I was down 4.8. It was my first week, so I know next week will be much less, but hey, I'll take it when I can get it!

I ran this morning...I'm training for a 1/2 marathon at the end of november, so today was a "long run" 7 miles. Next week its a "really long run" lol, 11 miles!!! I've never gone more than 9 so it will be a real challenge. My goal for this week is to STAY ON PLAN!

Have a great weekend girls :)

indiblue
09-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Day 8 (saturday) complete!

IF: Started eating at 12 PM
Exercise: Very mild- walking around and tossing a frisbee in a park for 45 mins
Food:
~3 tbs peanut butter
1 medium banana
1 c yogurt + 1 c frozen strawberries

1 slice very thin crust homemade veg pizza
1 c homemade broccoli soup
1 c steamed spinach
1 cappucino
1 plum

No idea how much PB or pizza I ate- tried to overestimate. cals came to ~1250... but that's a pretty big estimate.

PS lots2go CONGRATS!! 7 miles is awesome.

Sakai
09-24-2011, 01:11 PM
First week done and gone!

Breakfast- serving and a half of hummus + serving of cheese + serving of spicy sweet potato chips.
snack- banana + raisins
lunch- potien/fruit smoothie + grapes
snack- peach + rasins
dinner Bowtie pasts w/ homemade spinach pesto w/ nuts
Late night snack - 5 cal sugar cane stick

Missy Krissy
09-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone, I just joined 3FC, and I'd like to join in the challenge. I'd like to loose 20lbs by Christmas, but I want to be sure to set myself up for success, so instead I'm going to say 15lbs by Christmas (putting my weight at 166, a little over 1lb a week). My plan is to keep my calorie intake under 1400 and to get an hour of cardio in at least 4 times a week.

Snowbrocade
09-24-2011, 04:55 PM
HI all!

we are doing so well--a wonderful start to a life-changing 100 days!

so my first week I have lost 6 lbs :carrot: which is about right for my first week. I expect it to slow down now but not too much--I am going to make sure of that. It feels good to be on track and in the groove.

This week I want to keep track of all food eaten and keep my cals between 1200-1400. I will increase my veggies which is crucial to losing. I will confront my thinking about food with the image of me at the holidays in a much smaller size.

Have a wonderful 100% day!

Sno

Snowbrocade
09-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome to MissyKrissy~!

omgzitsmiranda
09-24-2011, 05:52 PM
HI all!

we are doing so well--a wonderful start to a life-changing 100 days!

so my first week I have lost 6 lbs :carrot: which is about right for my first week. I expect it to slow down now but not too much--I am going to make sure of that. It feels good to be on track and in the groove.

This week I want to keep track of all food eaten and keep my cals between 1200-1400. I will increase my veggies which is crucial to losing. I will confront my thinking about food with the image of me at the holidays in a much smaller size.

Have a wonderful 100% day!

Sno

You're doing awesome! Giving it your all feels amazing. I'm a week in now! :)

tyla
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Today is day 8! :D

Sno, thank you for making this The 100 days until Christmas Challenge. I always look forward to Christmas like a little kid. Can't wait to start decorating. In prior years, I always messed up during the holidays leading up to Christmas, like Halloween and Thanksgiving. This challenge is going to help me stay more disciplined this year! :thanks:

April Snow
09-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I did 30 minutes of walking this morning. It felt ok at the time, but I ended up feeling awful later on and had to take a nap (still dealing with this cold). I think I will wait until the evening tomorrow so that I won't still need a full day's worth of energy afterwards! lol! (esp. because tomorrow is my son's birthday party, so that's going to take a lot of energy right there!)

miatutu
09-24-2011, 08:54 PM
One week down. I weigh in every other week so I am looking orward to my weigh in on monday. I am still sufering the poison ivy but managed to get shoes on for the first time since monday. I went or my walk, but only did half the distance because I started getting itchy. BUT, i ran a small protion of it. I told my 12 y.o. son who runs cross country that I want to be able to run a 5k with him this spring. Hopefully I will be able to. Stayed on track with the eating today. Worked the childrens fall fest today and spent alot of time bending over picking things up and had a CC meet this morning in a huge park were we had to walk alot so hopefully i burned some extra there. Everyone sounds like they r staying on plan.

Sakai
09-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Miatutu- It's sounds horrible having posion ivy. How did you come in contact? I'm glad you got something to help take care of it because it sounds like a nasty thing to have to deal with.
The mountains in my area are (so I'm told) covered in posion ivy and posion oak. Though I've crawled up and down those mountains for years I've never developed anything. (maybe I'm not reactive to it?)

Weight dropped suddenly from being frozen for two weeks to bam! 3 pounds down in two days. Rather odd @.@ but I'm not complaining.

envelope
09-25-2011, 08:07 AM
sno - WoooHOOO! Nice start to this challenge.

Mia - Almost 2 years ago my son who had just turned 10 told me he wanted to run a 5K. He kept talking about it and talking about it. So during the summer of '10 I did the C25K program and we ran a 5K in the Fall. I could never keep up with him, but we both ran it. This morning we are about to head out to our first 10K race. I know he will finish long before me, but we will meet up at the finish line and celebrate our accomplishments.
YOU will run a 5K with your son!

April Snow
09-25-2011, 10:45 AM
100% on plan is paying off in a big way - down 3 lbs for the week, and a total of 12 lbs so far for the month.

Next mini-goal is Onederland!!

indiblue
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
april congrats!! that's quite a loss!!
envelope hope the 10k was excellent- can't wait to hear about it!
sakai congrats on the whoosh! that's how my weight drops too :)

Day 9:

IF: Started eating at 1:30 PM
Exercise: 1 hour walk
Food:

LOTS of potato chips :(
ff yogurt + 1/2 c strawberries
1.5 c ff milk + 1 scoop protein powder

grilled shrimp-tofu-pineapple-bell pepper for dinner.
small handful of chocolate chips
grilled banana

No idea how much of the grilled shrimp/tofu/veggies I ate. Have a feeling I went quite over calories today :(

I have no idea how much I weigh right now. I have been totally irregular for 4 days now so my weigh-ins are inaccurate. Hoping things will settle down soon and I'll see at least a 1lb drop.

miatutu
09-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Was way under on calories today. I didn't feel hungry though so that was good. Didnt do any real exercising but went to the flea market and three othert stores shopping so was moving. I weigh in tomorrow morning. Can't wait. I hope to see a 5 pound loss for the 2 weeks. Hopefully more:)

Sakai: the poison ivy is the worst. I have never had it before and don't even now what it looks like. We moved to the country this summer and we were cleaning out some overgrown weeds and bushes. Me and my husband both got it. His was even worse than mine. Hopefully only a few more days and the blisters will be gone. Thanks for asking.

Envelope, thanks or the encouragment on the running. The bit I did was hard or me to recover from, but that is to be expected since it was my first time. I was on the c25k site yesterday. Once my poison ivy is gone for good I plan on starting the program. Hopefully that will be next Monday.

Sakai
09-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Went a little off plan with a cheese craving this morning after work. But it wasn't far off plan and a little cheese didn't throw me too far over calories being that I was under calories yesterday. bean and TVP chilli helped with protien.

I'm gonna struggle to keep on plan during the weekend. (I munch when i get bored) but the weight loss should motivate me to not ruin it in two days.

I also hope to get word about my treadclimber soon. Information about the shipping should of come today, but it's sunday...sooo I'm hoping it comes tomorrow.

miatutu
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Just weighed in. I lost 5 pounds over the past 2 weeks. Was hoping for a bit more but thats okay. That has me down 5 for our challenge and a total of 15 for the month. Not a bad start.

JOLINA
09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Miatutu...You are doing great, despite the poison ivy.
I got poison oak a few years ago. I itched and had blisters for 2 weeks.
I know the misery you two are going through.

My neighbor got poison ivy on his butt when he was out camping and wiped his bottom with poison ivy leaves in the middle of the night... Most embarrasing. :D

I am counting my calories and keeping track of everything on LoseIt.com
I did manage to lose another pound last week.

Keep up the good work everyone!

:hug:

The heroes of children are not their recognized political leaders.
The true heroes of children are small people, silent, unknown ...
it's their moms losing weight, getting healthy, and spending more time with them...

tyla
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
This is day 10! :D

CaliforniaDreamer
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM
DAY 10.

Sw: 275
Cw: 278 ( gained 3 lbs *TOM*)
Gw: 232

Snowbrocade
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi all!

smokin' day 10!

great job miatutu!

Sakai
09-26-2011, 10:28 PM
My Treadclimber is here!! :hyper:

I went to the dentist, when shopping, came home and went to bed. My man stayed up because it now our weekend and he wanted to have some private man time with the playstation. I woke up hours later, he was asleep, I came into the living room and with blinking sleepy eyes missing their glasses, I focus on three MASSIVE boxes in the lifing room, and I see just one word on them....Treadclimber.

I squealed like a schoolgirl. :o

Amazing day 10!!
I'm down 4 pounds since the start of the challenge, So I hope exercise will help that number grow ^.^

indiblue
09-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Day 10

IF: Started eating at 1 PM
Exercise: 40 minute run
Food:

1 c steamed spinach
1/2 c yogurt + 1 tbs honey
25 almonds

2 eggs + 4 egg whites
1/4 c refried beans (low fat, homemade)
1 slice chocolate cake :( :(
LOTS of nibbling on chips :(
lots of nibbles/bites here and there

CRIKEY. I have GOT to stop nibbling and grazing. I'm not way over calories, but I should be doing so, so much better. I am COMMITTING now- if I cannot count it, I won't eat it.

sakai congrats on the treadclimber!! can't wait to hear how the workouts go
miatutu 5 is awesome!! way to go.

everyone else, keep up the great work!

April Snow
09-27-2011, 12:02 AM
did 30 minutes on the Wii while watching TV - 2900 steps.

When I started my plan on 5/22, I thought that there was maybe a chance that I would get to Onederland by the end of the year. But staying completely on plan with food and now, with activity, is propelling me along faster than I could have imagined, and now I'm looking at getting to that goal so much sooner that my goal for this challenge is several pounds under 199. Just the idea of that is blowing my mind - and I'm so glad to have this challenge and everyone posting here keeping me on track.

NoMoreKnit
09-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Still here ladies, limping along after a long weekend. I'm off every monday and these three days home are hurting me. Never went over 1700 calories but was not healthy with my choices. Bought a scale today, should be here by the end of the week. Bought some cute dark wash jeans at target in a juniors 17 that I WILL BE IN at Christmas, hopefully loose! Ready for Onederland SOON!

indiblue
09-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Day 11 (Tuesday) complete over here!

IF: Didn't really IF today because I was cooking a huge lunch for guests- nibbles and tastes here and there as preparing.
Exercise: 35 mins lifting

Food:
Didn't measure at all. For lunch and dinner grazed on homemade hummus, baba ghanoush, pomegranates, lo-fat tzaziki, a little bit of baked falafel, and some pita. All home made, only the hummus had oil in it- everything else was extremely low fat/low cal.

Also had 1 1/2 peanut butter cookies and 1 glass of wine. Not perfect, but the rest of the day was so lo-cal I think it was fine.

carly I did that recently too- a pair of jeans that were just a bit too small. Hope we both get into ours by xmas :)

Snowbrocade
09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Day 11 (Tuesday) complete over here!

IF: Didn't really IF today because I was cooking a huge lunch for guests- nibbles and tastes here and there as preparing.
Exercise: 35 mins lifting

Food:
Didn't measure at all. For lunch and dinner grazed on homemade hummus, baba ghanoush, pomegranates, lo-fat tzaziki, a little bit of baked falafel, and some pita. All home made, only the hummus had oil in it- everything else was extremely low fat/low cal.

Also had 1 1/2 peanut butter cookies and 1 glass of wine. Not perfect, but the rest of the day was so lo-cal I think it was fine.

carly I did that recently too- a pair of jeans that were just a bit too small. Hope we both get into ours by xmas :)

Oh, Yum! I love all that stuff! It is so healthy too. must get yr recipe for hummus!

Day 11 is going great! I am off to my knitting class now.

sno

omgzitsmiranda
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Things are going good on this end :)
Glad to see you all are doing well!
keep up the good work!

April Snow
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Still here ladies, limping along after a long weekend. I'm off every monday and these three days home are hurting me. Never went over 1700 calories but was not healthy with my choices. Bought a scale today, should be here by the end of the week. Bought some cute dark wash jeans at target in a juniors 17 that I WILL BE IN at Christmas, hopefully loose! Ready for Onederland SOON!

ha, I just ordered some jeans from Target too - they were having a crazy online sale yesterday. I got 15s and 13s. I tried on some 15s the other day (non-Target) and they fit, although they were way too baggy in the legs, so I'm hoping the Target ones are cut smaller. I don't mind if they don't fit yet, if they are cut right, I know I will get there soon! And then the 13s I know for sure won't fit yet, but will be nice to have ready and waiting for when they do!

NoMoreKnit
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
The ones I got are super tight in the thigh with a flare leg. I really thought I might could get in them (hAhaHA, they wouldn't go over my hips)
Denial is still in full force :)
Just goes to show you the differences in sizing, I was all excited because my 18 Old Navy were loose thinking I could get in a 17.

April Snow
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
The ones I got are super tight in the thigh with a flare leg. I really thought I might could get in them (hAhaHA, they wouldn't go over my hips)
Denial is still in full force :)
Just goes to show you the differences in sizing, I was all excited because my 18 Old Navy were loose thinking I could get in a 17.

sounds like we are very similar in size! I have some ON 18s that are falling down on me now, and I'm switching over to junior sizes so they will hopefully fit better. And it's very possible the 15s that I tried on just happened to be bigger - they are the only pair I tried so it's not like I can say that I routinely fit into them.

So I won't be surprised if the 15s I got from Target don't fit yet but they won't be delivered for a week or so anywayl Hopefully I'll at least be closer to them fitting by then! I figured the 13s are a couple of months away or more, but since it was buy one, get one free, it made sense to get the smaller size to have for some inspiration!

miatutu
09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Had a pretty good day today. Made some whole wheat pasta with roasted butternut squash and a white sauce. So yummo and when I figured out the cals, it was less than 200 per serving. (about a 1 1/4 cup) Even the kiddo liked it. Was at CC meet all afternoon, so did some walking there and did a quick workout vidoe this morning. TOM is on his way so feeling bloated. Pants feel tight. Just gonna have to wait this week out and hope the munchies don't get to me too bad. I am hoping to get back to my normal walking routine tomorrow. I really need to incorporate more exercise other than walking though. Gonna search the on demand on tv and see what all they have to offer. My birthday is coming up and would like to be officially one size smaller. Need a reason to go shopping.

April Snow
09-28-2011, 12:00 AM
3260 steps in 30 minutes on the Wii Fit while watching Biggest Loser!

tyla
09-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Day 12 :D

NoMoreKnit
09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Great day yesterday! Glad to be back at work with the fitness equipment to make me sweat. Went under my calories even after a yogurt treat! Made signs that say "100% for 100 Days" for my fridge and cupboard at home to deter mindless snacking. Now I need to hang them :)

NoMoreKnit
09-28-2011, 10:54 AM
And Buy One Get One Free?? Of course that wasn't in the store. I got one pair for $19, marked down from $35, not too bad.

miatutu
09-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Another day almost done. Haven't exercised yet. Been on the run with the kiddos all day. Just came hame and had some yummy leftovers from yesterday. Hoping the baby will go down early and I can get in an exercise video. Going to new doctor in the morning. Gonna see if I can get all my bloodwork done and see what she has to say about my weight loss plan. Me and my son are going to do an exercise challenge for oct. I want to make sure I am being more physical, and having someone in the house to push me is what I need. Everyone keep up the great work.

indiblue
09-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Day 12!

DOWN 1.5 LBS!! Finally!!

Exercise: 45 minutes intensive yoga
Food:
1 c okra + 1 tomato + 1 onion + 1 tsp oil + spices, all sauteed
1 c yogurt + 1 tsp honey
1 c pomegranate, mint, and cucumber salad

25 almonds

~5 oz grilled fish
1/4 piece of naan (wow that was hard to keep in check)
2 tbs sambar rice

April Snow
09-29-2011, 12:03 AM
35 minutes on the Wii Fit tonight

Snowbrocade
09-29-2011, 04:06 AM
ha--april and carly I was just thinking about what size I want to be by christmas--I would be totally psyched to be a size 14 tho I do have some size 12 jeans I would love to fit into (as in my pic!). Thinking about those jeans really gives me a boost--I was so happy to be at that size and I will be again--it is right there for me!

I was within calorie range today but a bit higher than usual--sunflower seeds! Oh well at least it wasnt pancakes!

take care all

sno

tyla
09-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I made it through a rough day yesterday. I was tempted all day long. But I didnt give in like I wanted to. As hard as it was to start, I decided to exercise instead, and kept myself super distracted.

Today is day 13.

NoMoreKnit
09-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Morning Ladies. Still OP for 2 weeks, worked out yesterday for 35 minutes. How many calories is everyone aiming for per day? I am tracking calories on the livestrong site and it says for current weight of 203 to lose 2 lbs a week I can only have 1036 calories per day. Does that sound about right?

miatutu
09-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Goodmorning everyone. Had my dr appt. this morning. New doctor. She is very happy with my weight loss plan and 15 lb loss. She said to stay with it along with the exercise. I have to get a ton of bloodwork done though. YUK! Anyhoo, I am making lunch right now. A red coconut curry with butternut squash, green beans and zucchini. A huge serving is only 220 calories. My house smells yummy. And I am making black lentil curry and chicken ticka masala for dinner. I love all of the spices in indian foods. It makes up for the lack of rice or noodles which I would normally be having. Plan on getting in a walk later and some exercise when the hubby gets home. Hope everyone else is having a great day!!!

Sakai
09-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Setback

Weight was finally going down only to shoot back up over the weekend (Curse you weekend!! *shakes fist*)
But I have a sneaky feeling that it's TOM...as I've started to break out badly like I always do before TOM... only the signs of TOM is a week early @.@ So maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better about gaining it all back.

My treadclimber is put together and kicking my butt twice a day..so hopefully the weight will shift downward again. i can only go for 20 min before the cramps start. But 2 20 mins makes 40 minutes of activity I wouldn't normally get. Good enough for me. ^.^

Missy Krissy
09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
CarlyC - All of the research I've done on CC says to not go below 1200cal/day. My limit is set at 1300/day, every 3rd or 4th day I allow 1500.

8 days on plan for me! Bought a scale yesterday and it read 172.2 (nothing but my birthday suit on). 2 Weeks ago at the gym I weighed 181 (with my workout clothes on). Obviously I can't measure how much I've lost from then to now accurately, but there was a loss and my pants fit better! On my way to being in the 160's for Christmas ;)

indiblue
09-29-2011, 11:19 PM
sakai don't get down- if you are doing everything right then it doesn't matter if the scale goes up a bit a few times a month! I gained 4.4 lbs overnight and kept it on for a week (water retention, constipation, blah blah blah) and then it just fell off in two days earlier this week. Keep on truckin'!
miatutu All that food sounds delicious! I love Thai and Indian food too. (I live in India so I get lots of the latter!) Congrats on a great doctor's visit!
Carly There isn't a magic calorie number that no one can go below- 1200 is one of those annoying dietary myths that won't go away. There was a good thread about it in the WL Support Forum recently: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/236285-i-dont-understand-magic-1200-calorie-number.html.

The most important thing is that you are getting in ALL YOUR NUTRIENTS and PROTEIN and FATS. The lower you go the easier it is to accidentally "spend" 400 calories on pasta- which may fit into your caloric limits but which uses 30% of your daily calories and gives you no protein, almost no vitamins, and just a bunch of empty carbs!

I am on 1200- sometimes lower- because I'm very short and close to goal. I have to be VERY careful to plan out my day to ensure I reach 70-80 g of protein a day, all my vitamins, fibers, etc. As a result I have had to cut WAY down on my carbs and eat almost no grains except once or twice a week. No fruit juice or other empty calories. One-two glasses of wine a week, max, usually none. It's hard! But doable- you just have to be super accountable.

tyla congrats on making it through a tough day!
MissKrissy way to go for 8 days on plan!!

DAY 13- GREAT DAY!

IF: Started eating at 2 PM
Exercise: None, rest day
Food:
1 c sauteed okra, tomatoes, onions, spices
1 apple
1.5 c roasted garlic and rosemary cauliflower

11 almonds
2 tbs hummus
2 tbs baba ghanoush

salad of shredded red cabbage, carrots, mint, cilantro + rice wine/fish sauce dressing
100 g steamed shrimp
1 scoop protein powder + 1/2 c skim milk + 1/2 banana

April Snow
09-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Morning Ladies. Still OP for 2 weeks, worked out yesterday for 35 minutes. How many calories is everyone aiming for per day? I am tracking calories on the livestrong site and it says for current weight of 203 to lose 2 lbs a week I can only have 1036 calories per day. Does that sound about right?

that sounds low for your weight, even if you are not active.

I don't subscribe to the "never go below 1200" theory - my plan doesn't have me track calories but I did for a little bit out of curiosity and I am routinely under 1200, although I eat whenever I am hungry so I'm not worrying about it. But if you find it a struggle to stay with 1036, I would go higher and see what happens. All of the calculators are just rough estimates, and the only true calculator will be your body and how you feel and whether you are losing weight. If you are too tired and hungry all the time, then you need to eat more no matter what some calculator says. And if you feel great and are losing weight, then you are at a good number, even if it's below the "magic" 1200.

April Snow
09-30-2011, 12:10 AM
day 12 done - 33 minutes on the Wii. I should mix it up more and do some other stuff, but my 7 year old loves watching me use the Wii and begs me to do it. Over the weekend, I'll do some WATP too, which I think is a better workout but I don't have the time or energy to do both on weekdays!

Sakai
09-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks Indiblue I know it's gotta be water that caused the sudden weight gain. I ate well but had a salty snack three times over the weekend, and it must be my TOM as well. I'm feeling bloated, tired and just a little snippy.
So I'm downing all the water i can stand. Had a bunch of carbs just now for breakfast because I need them to get started so I won't drag my knuckles at work.
I had one cup cooked potatoe, one cooked parsnip, a small tomato plus two eggs for protien and fat to kill my hunger.

I'm finding it very hard to cut back on carbs. I'm not sure if I'm just stubbornly addicted to them, or if my active job makes my body crave them. but my carb to protien ratio is not good. I find myself starving two hours before lunch time. I know fat and protien kills hunger, but if there's no carbs, I feel as though hunger is back much sooner than it should be.
I eat at 8:30...P.m
Work starts at 10:00
Break at 12:00 (starving by now, Sometimes I have protien and fat or just fruit.
Lunch at 2:00 A.m
Break at 5:00 (fruit here)
Home by 7:00 (starving by now but I go to bed in two and a half hours so I try to eat a small simple meal with as little fat as possible. I average around 1300-1400 cals a day, (sometimes a little more, some days a little less)

I don't know if i'm not eating the right things, or just not enough...@.@

tyla
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
TGIF!!!

Indiblue, congrats on your weight loss! I'm so slow at losing weight, that I'm not getting on the scale for a while. That only discourages me.

Today is day 14!

NoMoreKnit
09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the replies, If i change my activity level from sedentary to light activity it said I can have 1336 calories. I've been fluctuating between 1100-1700 for the past two weeks, and am very pleased to report my scale came in today and reads 199.0!!!!
ONEDERLAND YAY!!! Par-Tay!

NoMoreKnit
09-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Another issue I am having is going over my sodium every single day!! I am double where I am supposed to be for the past two weeks. I have been eating boarshead cracked pepper turkey/ or buffalo chicken deli lunch meat which is super high in sodium (710 mg) and any of the prepackaged 100 cal snacks are way high too. Something I need to work on!

NoMoreKnit
09-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm ready for my ticker so i'm being a post ho :)

I've got to do better this weekend. Our life revolves around food! Having a party? What are you bringing to eat? Birthday? Lets go out to eat! Football Game? Appetizers out the wazoo.
Plan for this weekend is move my dusty treadmill off the back porch and up to my moms (two houses down) so she can start her own WL journey and I will get some movement in on my days off.
Saturday morning I am taking my three year old daughter and a friend of hers to see their first play/musical, 101 Dalmations! I am excited, hope they will sit still/quiet for 45 minutes!

April Snow
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Carly -

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO on Onederland, that's fantastic!!!

I'm really hoping I'll get there by Halloween - at least it's really good incentive for me to just step away from the candy bowl for the whole month! lol!

miatutu
09-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Carly Congrats on the milestone!!! Keep up the great work.

Totally pms'ing today. Grouchy and all I do is keep looking in the fridge to snack. Wish TOM would just come for his stay and move on. My dad is coming in for a visit tonight. Will be here for almost a week. Haven't told him I was dieting, so I wonder if he will notice. Its only 15 lbs, and we only see each other a couple times a year so I don't know if it is enough or him to see. Will wait and see. Went to go walking and it started raining. Going to do some dance central later. Love that kinect. Hopefully I can hold of on the snacking for the rest of the day.

indiblue
09-30-2011, 11:45 PM
tyla I'm super slow too. 11 lbs in 9 months! (Though I did take a few months maintenance break in there.) Good for you for figuring out what works best for you. Can't wait to see what your next weigh-in reveals!

Carly big congrats!!!

miatutu have a great visit with your dad. I love when parents come to visit. Hope the rest of the day you were able to shoo away the munchies :)

DAY 14

Exercise: 30 minutes moderate yoga + 30 minutes lifting
Food:
1.5 c roasted cauliflower
1 apple
1 bell pepper and cabbage salad + 1/3 slice of thin crust pizza
two bites of hummus
a few sips of my fiance's peanut butter banana smoothie

1.5 c kidney beans
a bunch of black-bean brownie bites (gluten-free recipe- they were good!)
1 glass red wine
1/2 custard apple
nibbles at a party: 4 chips + 1 tbs spinach artichoke dip, a few tiny bites of cheese, 3 pieces gnocchi

Ok, so didn't do so great on keeping the nibbles under control today. But I didn't go crazy at the party so that was good.

April Snow
10-01-2011, 12:48 AM
we didn't get home until 9 pm but I still did 30 minutes on the Wii to get in my last day for my 30/30 and to keep going on this one!

Sakai
10-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Trying very hard not to munch before work!!
Scale is slowly going back down again, but still have a couple of pounds to go to get back to where I was four days ago.

I seem to be stopped up :o In the past two days, I've seen very little of the inside of a bathroom (other than right after drinking glugs of water.) I'm not sure if I want to add more fiber in my diet just yet. I'll give my body another day to see if it regulates itself. Maybe I'll mix some fiber cereal in my Greek yogurt or something tomorrow. Bran Buds always seems to work for me.

17 days meat free.

miatutu
10-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Well my dad did notice that I have lost some weight! YAY!!!! But when he came last night he decided he was hungry went and picked up pizza and breadsticks and I had a small breadstick. Boo!!! well, it was one small one. Could have been worse. I have already did my exercise for the day. Me and son have an exercise challenge for this month. Going to go shopping when everyone else gets home from going out to breakfast. I knew they would try to go out to eat so I got up and ate right away so I wouldn't have a reason to go. Only god nows what I would have had if I went. Probably their yummy pumpkin pancakes. OK. Now I'm, drooling. Anyhoo, everyone have a great day.

indiblue
10-01-2011, 01:43 PM
sakai congrats on the 17 days meat fee! I don't eat meat either and love it :)
miatutu YAY what a great NSV your dad noticed. way to go on just eating a small breadstick!
April WTG on the wii!!

DAY 15 complete over here in the Eastern Hemisphere!

IF: Didn't start eating till 330! Felt great, yay!
Food:
100 g steamed shrimp
1 bell pepper + 1/4 c baba ghanoush
few bites of banana
1 gluten-free black bean brownie

1.5 c homemade refried beans (hoping my fiance didn't put too much oil in them!)
1/4 c homemade salsa
few tbs of fat-free yogurt
cabbage
red cabbage + carrot + rice wine vinaigrette salad
~2 real brownies :( (Only ate them because we had guests over and they were sitting in front of me for a long time... bad, bad idea.)

April Snow
10-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I updated my football ticker for this challenge - I think I have the days right??

tyla
10-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Day 15 :D :woohoo:

Happy October 1st!

Snowbrocade
10-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi y'all!

just checking in on day 14! I am enjoying reading everyone's posts! it is very inspiring. plus I like looking at everyone's ticker.

my goals for this week are to keep trying to eat more veg, stop eating after dinner and keep track of all food on fitday.

cheers!

sno

Sakai
10-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Happy first day of October!
First off- my work hours got changed last night so I have to go into work a hour early. Least I get to go home a hour early. (i hope)

breakfast -hummus and sweet potato chips and a fruit 2 day drink
snack-half apple slices w/peanut butter.
Lunch- quiche w/ grapes
snack-peach
dinner - oatmeal w/fruit...Fat free yogurt w/ fresh strawberries & bran buds
cheat - 120 calories of nacho flavored bugles.

Bathroom issues still haven't resolved themselves...it's been 3 days, this is not normal. I've lost my appetite (sp) yesterday, and am eatting only because it's time to eat. I feel only slight hunger pangs if any at all. if this keep up, i'm going to the doctor's on monday. Strange thing is, weight is still going down. @.@

April Snow
10-01-2011, 10:29 PM
45 minutes of exercise today - some Wii Fit and some WATP.

omgzitsmiranda
10-02-2011, 03:11 AM
I'm still around, just haven't had a lot of time to post and look around on here :) But things are still going good. Doing my official weigh in for the week tomorrow! Here's hoping it's good, but we shall see!

NoMoreKnit
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
So Excited! Scale at noon friday was 199.0, this morning was 195.8!! So excited! Got an Omron pocket pedometer from walmart.com, regularly 32 on sale for 13, it tracks distance/calories burned also. I walked 4600 steps friday including my 30 mins of aerobic exercise. What was depressing is that it only said I burned 72 calories during my workout. I had been estimating around 200 burned for activity. I think it is probably more accurate than my estimation!

Sakai
10-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Things seem to be doing a little better now. Thankfully. still have little appetite though.
I didn't hit the treadclimber yesterday because of the work hours change threw me off a little. Now I'm more adjusted and I should be back on the work-outs.
weight is still moving down just in time for TOM to start putting it back on >.< 1. 8 pounds left to lose before I'm back to where I was last week. Tomorrow is my friday and I'm afraid I'll just put it back on.

tyla
10-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Day 16 :D

April Snow
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
did 30 minutes of Wii Fit, but just playing around with my son, so then I did a 2 mile WATP.

I'll probably do some more Wii Fit steps later while watching TV - I want to get in a habit of having to "earn" my TV time! lol!

miatutu
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Well, today has kinda sucked. Having a bit of a cheat day, I must say. Not totally horrible, but over my cals for the day by probably 200. I did exercise still. TOM is here and it has rained for the last 3 days, so we havn't been able to really do anything. With my dad here and watching football, all everyone has wanted to do is eat. I already have tomorrow planned out, so it will be back on track tomorrow. Just hoping I can keep my mouth closed the rest of the night. They r talking about going and getting ice cream now. They went out to breakfast the past 2 days, and I have stayed home. They r killing me. This is my first truly bad day in 5 weeks, so hopefully it won't hurt too much. I don't weigh in for another week, so I have the next 7 days to work it off. Hopefully everyone is doing good, and finishing up a great weekend.

indiblue
10-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Just a quick swing by to check in for Day 16!

Exercise: 30 minutes moderate yoga + 1 hour casual walk
IF: Started eating 1:30 PM
Food: could have been better! Ate about 200 calories of chips... but did get a LOT of protein in.

Snowbrocade
10-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Hi all!

well I have been eating too many carbs and my weight has been creeping back on so I had a high protein day today. just need to break the trend.

cheers all!

sno

April Snow
10-03-2011, 09:03 AM
did I get a day ahead of myself again? I thought we started on the 16th? I guess I have to stay on plan today so my ticker isn't a liar! lol!

I'm doing this through the end of the year anyway, so even if I have an extra day on there, I am not stopping at 100 anyway!

NoMoreKnit
10-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Morning Ladies. Back up a lb this morning but i'm not stressing over it. The weather is beautiful here FINALLY, some chilly mornings feel awesome. Everyone have a great OP day!

kateleestar
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Morning! I've got 89 days left of my 100-on-plan.. and I'm doing GREAT! :) Just wanted to pop in and say HI and say KEEP IT UP LADIES!*

*and gents! :lol:

Great job!

Missy Krissy
10-03-2011, 11:36 AM
carly - This is a little late, but congrats on onederland!!! Way to go:bravo:

miatutu - Nice job on that nsv!

For me it's been 12 days on plan. Yesterday was tough, DH and I spent the afternoon at the in-laws house, and MIL put out a huge plate of cheese and crackers (she knows it's my favorite snack). She even handed me a cracker with some cheese on it to try (aside from DH the family doesn't know I'm working to lose weight). I was pretty good though, I only ate 3 crackers with very small amounts of cheese on them and factored those calories in to my day.

tyla
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Day 17 :D

JOLINA
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
April Snow, You are doing great! It looks like you'll break through 200 before the end of this year.

I am losing really slow, as usual. I lost 1 more pound last week.
Now that it is cooler, I started walking more.

:running:

I've come to embrace the notion that I haven't done enough in my life.
I've come to confirm that one's title, even a title like President of the United States,
says very little about how well one's life has been led.
No matter how much you've done or how successful you've been, there's always more to do,
always more to learn, and always more to achieve.
~ Barack Obama ~

Sakai
10-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Things seem back to normal now, so no Dr. visit for me. :carrot:
Slightly lower weight today than this time last week :D
but it's the weekend now and I'm terrified I'm going to go right back to where I was. I'm keeping a pack of gum on me to chew on when I have the urge to munch, which I'm sure I will. (i eat when I'm bored)
I also have my treadclimber to kick my butt all weekend this time. Hopefully come my monday I woulnd't of gained more than a pound or so (better than 4 or 5 like i normally do)

April Snow
10-03-2011, 11:51 PM
about 35 minutes on the Wii including 3200+ steps in 30 minutes.

I kept saying that once I finished my 30/30 days of exercise in Sept, I'd take a rest day but I don't want to stop! I did, I definitely could have talked myself into a rest day but once I got going, I felt really good and so glad I did!

indiblue
10-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone! Happy Day 17!

Exercise: 40 minute run
Food:
1 bowl vegetarian hot pot (tofu, bok choy, clear broth)
30 almonds (oh man they are so good haha)
1/4 c yogurt

1 c fresh pineapple
1/2 homemade pizza with cauliflower crust, spinach, and tomatoes
handful of chocolate chips

Came in under calories and still felt SUPER full... thank you protein + hot soup + lots of cheese + low carb!!

Snowbrocade
10-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi all!

my low carb yesterday was useful and I feel much more on track!

sno

tyla
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Day 18 :D

Sno, I agree with you when I eat too many carbs and feel blah, it helps to go low carb the next day.

miatutu
10-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan. Trying to do the same here. This weather has been so horrible, I haven't been outside in days. Rain everyday or a week now. Its supposed to let up tomorrow. I miss my walking. My dad goes home tomorrow so hopefully my diet will get back to normal then. Did good yesterday, and hopefully will do so today. I am thinking of trying to do some low carbing to get me back on track. Will see if I can work that one into my diet. My son is going to show me how to do the step tracker on the wii so I can do that while watching TV in the evening. Didn't exercise for the past 2 days. Need to give myself a kick in the rear. Help remotivate me please! Everyone have a great day.

NoMoreKnit
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
6700 steps on my pedometer yesterday! Still at 196, darn pleased with it though. Left the pedometer attached to my pants pocket last night though so no tracking today. Everyone have a great day!

indiblue
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Carly, miatutu, tyla, snobrocade, april, sakai and everyone else! :wave:

Day 18 complete over here :). I'm a fan of the low carb stuff too- it's been going great for me these past few days.

Exercise: 1 hour intensive yoga
Food:
20 almonds
1 smoothie (2 tbs peanut butter + 1 banana + 1/2 c milk + 1 scoop protein powder)= YUM

1 bell pepper
1 c roasted cauliflower
100 g yogurt + 2 tbs honey
~150 cals worth of dark chocolate
(bunch of nibbles on some mac 'n cheese and chips, but nothing I'm worried over since my calories were a bit low today)

Can you guys believe we're almost 20% finished with this challenge?? How time flies!

April Snow
10-04-2011, 11:51 PM
30 minutes of Wii steps (while watching Biggest Loser!). That was on top of going on my son's field trip today with lots of walking in that too. So a good activity day.

tyla
10-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Today is day 19 :D

Indiblue, you're doing an excellent job!

NoMoreKnit
10-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Morning Ladies!
Starving Here! Not enough calories yesterday, wanting to munch out today.
I left my pedometer again, DOH!
I'm eating 16 wheat thins to curb appetite until lunch.
Hope everyone has a great day!

indiblue
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
April I love when fun active stuff counts for exercise... I think that's the best kind. Hope you had a great field trip with your son!

tyla aw thanks!! The past week has been POP mostly because I'm limiting my carbs... today was a little more difficult because I ate dinner out. Congrats to you too- I hope we both hit our goal in these 100 days.

carly hold out with those wheat thins! Lots of water! You can do it!

Today: Day 19 finished
Food:
20 almonds
~100 g yogurt + 1/2 tsp honey
1 egg + 2 egg whites
2 small chocolate poppyseed cookies

~250 g steamed fish? (really guessing on the size. It was like 1.5 decks of cards)
~1/4 c rice?
a few bites of some friends' dessert (no idea what it was or how to count it)

I just finished counting up my cals and I may have come in just at around plan. Phew. Even if I underestimated a bit, damage shouldn't have been too much more than 100 or so cals.

Ugh. Eating out is so hard. I live overseas, so no chains. No nutritional info available for these restaurants! Everything is always a gamble....

miatutu
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Hello everyone. another day almost done. Wasn't feeling to well. Ate pretty well today. Mostly fruit and veggies. A couple bites of pasta salad, and a spoonful of peanut butter. My dad went home so hopefully my eating will go back to normal. Will be quite busy for the next ew days. I have a party every weekend for the rest of the month, so I want to try to do good the rest of the time in case I go off plan those days. Everyone keep uip the good work.

April Snow
10-06-2011, 08:18 AM
still plugging away, watching my tickers move forward!

NoMoreKnit
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Do you have to remake a ticker every time you lose a pound?
NSV- work pants are getting comfortable!! Not loose yet but not cutting off circulation!
12 weeks till 2012!!

tyla
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Day 20 :D

No weight loss, but my clothes are looser and my hubby complimented me this morning. I've lost inches due to the exercise I'm doing, so I'm staying off the scale to keep motivated.

Snowbrocade
10-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi all!

I havent deserted just havent been able to get this site to come up on my internet the last few days.

my motivation hasnt been good--I keep doing one step forward one back. I have decided to set smaller goals that I might have more success with.

goals: weigh daily, write down all food.

Sno

indiblue
10-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Day 20:

Exercise: 35 minutes lifting + 10 minute yoga warmup
IF: Didn't IF (on purpose)
Food:

1/2 c skim milk + 1 scoop protein powder

the fish part of a fish curry (skipped the curry)
small piece of roti (bread)
1/2 c dal (lentils)

small bowl of pumpkin soup
1.5 c broccoli

Hard to calorie count today since my lunch was eaten out, portion sizes unknown. I think I was fine. The last week has been super restrictive so I really felt I needed to loosen up a little yesterday. Am back on track today. Weight still holding steady... 7 lbs to go!

April Snow
10-07-2011, 12:17 AM
2 mile WATP tonight.

I made my exercise goal 20 minutes minimum but so far this month, it's been 30 minutes or more every day!

tyla
10-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Day 21! :D

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!

Glad to see everyone doing so well.

miatutu
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I am on track for today. Had a bit of a blowout last night. Had a bad afternoon and ate it away. But today is a new day, right?
Anyhow, I tried on a pair of my size 16 Levi's that I haven't fit in for 4 to 5 years....and they fit. They went up and zipped easily. A bit of muffin top but not to bad. With the past week of not staying on track, I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully when I weigh in on Monday the scale will have moved a couple pounds too.
I have a party tomorrow, so hopefully I can stay on track through the weekend.

indiblue
10-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Sorry for the bad day miatutu, but congrats on the jeans nsv :)

Day 21:
Exercise: 45 minute run
Food:
1/4 cauliflower crust pizza
1 c broccoli
1 apple

2 twizzlers + 4 swedish fish (pre-run sugar boost)

2 c white bean and shrimp salad
1/2 c tomato basil salad
1/2 c carrot soup
1/2 c pear salad
1 moderate size slice of cake.

tyla
10-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Day 22 :D

April Snow
10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
just did a 45 minute walking and sculpting routine - WAY harder than the WATP ones I've been doing. whew!

indiblue
10-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Day 22

Exercise: 35 minute walk
Food:
20 almonds
1 cup chai
1 bowl pumpkin soup
1 apple

2 scrambled eggs
1 morningstar veggie burger
1 c fat free yogurt
few handfuls of frosted mini wheats cereal (snack attack...!)

Sakai
10-09-2011, 04:18 AM
25 days meat free!
Went to the fair today, Calories are unknown.

Breakfast
2 med eggs + potato

fair food - half a small cheese pizza ( = one regular large slice)
half small basket of fries
half basket of mini donuts.=6 bites..(so worth it)
water.

Had very little food today because we got off work and ate breakfast, went to the fair to watch the horse show, then came home and took a nap before going back to the fair. after comming home, we were so tired (not enough sleep) that we went right to bed.

envelope
10-09-2011, 09:58 AM
It looks like everyone is doing great!

April Snow
10-09-2011, 10:31 AM
keep going everyone!

I'm still on plan and down 2.2 for the week!

indiblue
10-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Day 23. Today was TOUGH.

I just wanted to eat eat eat snack snack snack all day long.

No exercise- today was an off day. I made banana muffins for my fiance and I think tasting one of them is what set me off. Too much sugar/carbs and it was before my IF window opened- 11:30. Bad idea on my part.

Food:
1-2 banana muffins :(

1 bell pepper
1 c snap peas, steamed
100 g tuna fish

10 almonds
1 cup milk + 1 tsp cocoa + 1 pack splenda = homemade hot coco
few bites of yogurt, small bite of peanut butter

1 pear
1.5 slices personal pan pizza (veg)
2 egg whites + 1 egg

Went over my cals today thanks to those darn muffins. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

miatutu
10-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Seems like everyone is doing pretty good. I stayed on plan today pretty much. I had a couple bites of icing o the cake, but other than that, I was under my calories for the day. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope the few bad days I had didnt make me gain. Will see in the morning. Have a good night everyone.

April Snow
10-10-2011, 12:39 AM
still a little sore from yesterday's cardio sculpting workout so I took it a little easier today and did 35 minutes on the Wii. That's always my fall back, as the minimum I can do and still be on plan for activity. And it did feel good to move and loosen things up a bit.

Sakai
10-10-2011, 05:05 AM
off day for me yesterday.
Didn't eat much but had a lot of bad calories due to movie popcorn and ice cream afterwards. (curse you dairy!) It's one in the morning and I just finished a hour on the treadclimber because i was feeling so icky, I just couldn't make myself get off until I finished a whole hour and I'm sure I'm gonna get back on in a while again.

menu for today is veggie spring rolls with noddles, and a bit of miso or egg droppp soup later, not sure which one yet. ^.^

Right now I gotta get back on my feet and clean the kitchen before I can do any cooking later.

.. . . .

P.s. I almost slipped yesterday morning when I had a cup of mac n' cheese...i didn't notice it had beef bits in it until I stuck the spoon in it. LOL. I ate the noddles but fed the beef bits to my doggie...she didn't mind the frezze-dried meat. next time I'll pay more attention to the snacks I pull out of the cupborad. ^.^

miatutu
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone. Just weighed in and I'm down 4 pounds for the 2 weeks. More than I expected because of me slipping up for a few days. I am now considered class I obese and not class II anylonger! I am very happy. Everyone eep up the great work. Have a great day!!

NoMoreKnit
10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Yay for results! Still truckin' along here. Not really 100% this weekend but back to it today!

JOLINA
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Miatutu, you are doing great!

I lost another pound last week. Am getting closer to my goal this year.

I just came back from the thrift store with some work out clothes for this winter.
I'll need more exercize this winter so I can continue with the weight loss.

:woops::ebike::tread:

AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY GOD CREATED CHOCOLATE.

tyla
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Day 24 :)

miatutu
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Jolina, congrats on another pound gone.
Thank you to everyone on this board. Without you guys to turn to through the rough times, I don't know what I would do. This is such a great support group.
Everyone have a great week and eep up the great work!

April Snow
10-11-2011, 12:32 AM
30+ minutes on the Wii - over 3000 steps watching The SingOff. I had to work until about 8:30 (worked a normal day in the office but then came home and worked another ~3 hours) but I was not going to miss my on plan day!

indiblue
10-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Day 24: Almost turned out a great day... made some last minute bad decisions!

Exercise: 30 minutes moderate yoga
Food:
200 g ff yogurt
1 morningstar garden patty
1 c steamed spinach

2 c cauliflower-carrot soup
1 c pineapple
some bread from my fiance's burger (weird, I know.)
then... cake that my neighbor brought over (not sure how much, it wasn't a ton), and a LOT of sesame seed squares (called 'til chikky" here in India).

No idea the calories, but I probably went over. UGH. Didn't get enough protein yesterday either.

Scale up by .5 today.

I am making a commitment to be POP today!! It will happen!

tyla
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Indiblue, I think you're doing a great job. The scale doesn't always reflect daily fluctuations in our bodies, so don't let that throw you. Are you visiting India or live there? I find it fascinating that you're there. How's the weather these days?

Today is day 25! We're a quarter of the way from our Christmas goal! :)

indiblue
10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Day 25 complete over here, almost time for bed!

Exercise: 45 minutes lifting
Food:
1 c steamed spinach
1 c cauliflower-carrot soup
200 g yogurt
15 almonds
1 tbs peanut butter

2 c channa masala (Indian-style chickpeas)
1/2 piece of chapati (wheat tortilla)
1/2 c pineapple

tyla you are so awesome, thank you for the support! You are right- what we eat today isn't always reflected on the scale the next day. I was definitely up today, hopefully just water weight.

And yes I live here, which always makes dieting and fitness quite interesting! Will be here for another 9 months. I kind of can't wait to return to the land of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tempeh, avocados, and all that delicious stuff. I was in the US for 2 weeks in May and lost 1 lb not even trying- it's just so much easier to get amazing health food there than here. (That said I LOVE Indian food so I really can't complain!)

Good luck to everyone!!! 25% of the Challenge Complete!!!

tyla
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Indiblue, thanks for the information. What are you doing there? Teaching? I lived in Europe for a couple of years, and it was difficult for me to stay at my goal weight, too. Maybe it was because I was homesick. When I got back to the good 'ol USA I dropped weight immediately. Wish it was that simple for me these days. You're doing fantastic. Keep up the great work!

NoMoreKnit
10-11-2011, 03:42 PM
25% Complete?! WooHoo!!
Wow, seems like a lot of us were slacking this weekend. I think after 25 days we needed a little sugar :) As long as we are all back OP!
I didn't even track this weekend, it sure is hard to remember what you put in your mouth from two days ago :(
And the scale reflected my Ben & Jerrys Clusterfluff this morning, up 1.6lb, but i'm sure it's mostly just water weight.

April Snow
10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
woohoo on Day 25 and 25% done!!!!

indiblue
10-12-2011, 11:31 AM
tyla we are here for my fiance's job. My background is in human rights work and I've been doing consulting related to that and similar stuff (free and fair elections, etc) here :)

Day 26:
Exercise: 1 hour moderate yoga
Food:
1.5 c steamed spinach
1 c bean salad (chickpeas, kidney beans, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, bell pepper, gorgonzola)
homemade hot chocolate (1.5 c milk + 2 tbs cocoa + 1 tsp vanilla + 1 equal)

1.5 c cauliflower-carrot soup
1/2 c pineapple
1/2 piece of whole wheat tortilla
~.75 c channa masala (Indian-style chickpeas)
1/2 c 100% fruit juice

Despite how virtuous I feel about my food choices today, my carbs were sky-high (200 g) and so was my sugar (81 g!!! from milk and cauliflower mostly, but also the fruit juice). Calories overall were a little over :(

I feel like I have NO margin for error. Just a few sips of fruit juice to wash down my dinner and bam- more than my daily amount of sugar in just a few sips.

Uurrrg! May have to tighten up even more. Le sigh.

tyla
10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Day 26! :woohoo:

April Snow
10-12-2011, 11:02 PM
mixed it up today on the exercise - 10 minutes of steps on the Wii, a Biggest Loser 10 minute cardio video and then a Denise Austin 12 minute cardio video.

NoMoreKnit
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
My pedometer read over 7700 steps last night! A new record! That's with my 30 minute workout, plus walking 1/2 mile to a friends house last night. I walked to her house a month ago and was huffing when I got there, last night it didn't even phase me! Getting Stronger :carrot:! Scale was down to 192.8 this morning from 194.6 Tuesday, i'm pleased as punch.

tyla
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
April and Carly, excellent job with your workouts!! And Carly, congrats on your weight loss!! :bravo: :congrat:

This is day 27 of eating within my range and exercising! :D

indiblue
10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I agree, way to go on workouts guys!!

tyla, nice job eating right and exercising for 27 days!!!

Day 27
Exercise: 45 minute run
IF: started eating at 1:30 or 2, can't remember.
Food:
1 serving pea soup
1/2 c roasted okra
1.25 c skim milk + 1 tsp vanilla + 1 equal + 1 tbs cocoa

1 apple + ~1 tbs peanut butter

family style dinner at a restaurant, not sure portions. steamed fish, fish curry, fried prawns, coconut rice, appam (flat bread made from rice). Inputted highest possible amounts into My Fitness Pal and still came out under calories (including running calories), so here's hoping...

Day 3 of weight up 1-2 lbs... yuck.

miatutu
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Haven't posted in a couple days, but it looks like everyone is doing fantastic. Tuesday stayed OP. Yesterday, did pretty well, but snuck in a few bites of scallopped potatoes right before bed. Doing well so far today too. Going to it a walk in when Husband gets home. Very busy the next couple days. Having a b-day party for my son on Sat. Going to try to stay away from all the goodies. Gum will be my friend that day. Have to keep the mouth busy somehow:) Been drining soda the past couple days. Its diet, but I think I look bloated when I drink it. I had 2 cans yesterday and one today. I have been drinking my water too, so at least thats a good thing.
My sons school is going to start offering Zumba classes so I think I am gonna give it a try. A lot of the teachers take it. Hope I don't make a fool of myself. I just need to try something new.

tyla
10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
miatutu, just to let you know, Zumba is a lot of fun! I took it last quarter, and I wish the instructor was teaching it this quarter. She's not. I would definitely take it! Have fun!

You probably feel bloated after drinking diet colas, because I've heard they retain salt. I used to love drinking those things, but when I stopped I started dropping a few pounds. Good luck to you!

Indiblue, you'll be back to your weight in no time. I always gain when I go out to eat, too. It's the stupid salt.

miatutu
10-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Well, the walk never happened. It has been raining for at least the last 6 hours. I am going to look for some new exercise videos so I have something new. Stayed under my calories today. Have to bake brownies tomorrow, so that will be tough. My dinner was a little salty today too, so I know I will retain water or a few days. Good thing I don't weigh in for another 10 days.

tyla
10-14-2011, 09:42 AM
TGIF!!

Dy 28 :D

NoMoreKnit
10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
TGIF x2!! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Down another lb this morning, WOOHOOOO!

April Snow
10-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I had my first day of not being 100% on plan yesterday. I ate some pistachio nuts and a couple of fun sized bags of m&m's. I just checked the package and 3 fun size bags are 220 calories, so this was only about 150. I've been having awful PMS and I decided that it just wasn't worth trying "eat around" these cravings because I've tried that in the past (pre-Dukan) and it didn't work.

I actually feel good this morning - I was a little nervous about how my body would react but no problems and I slept really well. I think maybe I needed a little bit of extra fat or something? But I actually do feel better than I have for a while. I've been having a very stressful time the past week so I've been sleeping poorly and this was the first night that I slept solidly.

I hope it doesn't have a terrible impact on the scale, but with all the bloating, I've already been up for the week anyway and this was only .2 higher than yesterday.

Back on track today! I don't get to move my 100 days ticker but I am already planning on going until the end of the year, so I will make up the extra day then.

indiblue
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
April I'm impressed this was the FIRST time you were not 100% on plan. You're doing great and didn't let yourself get too far off course. It's hard to do with M&Ms! Great job.

Day 28.
Exercise: None, rest.
IF: started eating at 1 PM
Food:
1 serving pea soup
1/2 c roasted okra
1 carrot (lol trying to log everything...)

2/3 c raspberries
15 almonds

5 oz tuna + mustard
2/3 c bean salad
some nibbles of my fiance's quesedilla + a couple sips of his raspberry shake (not worried about tracking them because I was about 300 cals under for the day)

Trying to be SUPER strict- eating pretty much only protein and veggies. I have not lost anything in weeks!

miatutu
10-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I can't quit nibbling. I did so good all day. Me and my son were making treat sacks, and from there it all went out the window. I'm chewing gum like crazy just to keep occupied. I hope tomorrows party goes okay. I didn't eat a ton of junk, but all of those sweet nibbles do add up. I am waiting for hubby to come home so I can walk. Its to cold to take baby with me and I have to get out of this house.

miatutu
10-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Goodmorning everyone. Did curb the nibbling and went for a walk last night. Only drank water for the rest of the night. I am going to eat a filling protein rich breakast and hope it can keep me real full. The party is late aternoon, so I plan on having just a snack or 2 before the party and then a nice sensible meal at the party. That way if I do decide to have a treat or 2, I won't totally blow my calories for the day. Wish me luck or actually sticking to this plan. I will need it. ;)

NoMoreKnit
10-15-2011, 10:39 AM
April, I'm impressed too, your dedication is inspiring :) And so are you Indiblue! Miatutu glad you went for that walk last night, good luck staying OP today!! Hope the party goes smoothly. Didn't get my workout in yesterday, my babysitters husband is in the hospital and my mom didnt feel good so I left work early to get the kids from Mom.

April Snow
10-15-2011, 11:17 PM
thanks everyone! I was nervous before that if I went off plan, I'd gain back everything overnight and/or I'd never get back on track.

Now that I know neither of those two things will happen, I can relax a bit. I am still trying for 100% on plan from now until the end of the year, but I know the world (or my diet) will not end if that doesn't happen.

It's actually been a relief to have the pressure gone - I didn't realize until it was gone how much pressure I was feeling about it.

Here's to tomorrow - a fresh week for all of us!

indiblue
10-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Day 29:

Exercise: None, taking a week off from my usual routine
IF: started eating at 12 PM
Food:
1 serving pea soup
1/2 c roasted okra
1 carrot
15 almonds

1 egg + 2 egg whites
1/2 apple + 1 tbs peanut butter

1 bite each of: tiramisu, chocoalte cake, lemon cake (invited by our neighbor for cake for their daughter's birthday)
1 serving vegetarian hot pot (tofu + spinach asian style soup)

Had to estimate the desserts of course, but I think I was on track with calories.

miatutu
10-16-2011, 10:55 AM
I got through the party pretty well yesterday. I spent so much time cooing and entertaining I really didnt munch that much. I did have a brownie while cleaning up and I really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I also had a drink last night ater all 18 kids left. I needed something ater that. LOL. But other than that, I think I made it through pretty good. Before I would have been eating chips and cookies every chance I got. Woke up this morning and went for a walk before the baby woke up. Nice. I am also putting myself on another mini challenge. To work out every day for the next 2 weeks. I am going back to my old town for a halloween party on the 29, and everyone hasn't seen me in a while. I would like to drop another 3-5 pounds if possible. So I am going into mega workoutr mode. When I have something to looking forward to, it is easier for me to stay on plan. Hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their weekend.

indiblue
10-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Way to go miatutu! I'm with you- when I'm hosting I feel more in control of what I eat, and I stay busy so I don't just keep wandering back to the buffet.

Haha and yes, after 18 kids you do deserve a drink.

Day 30:
Exercise: 1 hour walk
IF: started eating at 12 PM
Food:
OMG SO MUCH SNACKING TODAY. Could never quite get full.
1 serving bean salad
big salad of red cabbage + rice wine vinegar + fish sauce + lemon juice
1/2 custard apple

1/2 serving tofu and bok choy soup
few bites of lemon tart and chocolate cake
1 very small cheese pastry

2 carrots
100 g yogurt

about 25 spicy peanuts
1/4 c rice
1/4 c dal (lentils)
some roasted veggies

It is difficult to measure my evening calories- I was at a friends house and we all sort of nibbled family-style on the dinner. But calculated everything else, should have been about on target. Plus, passed on so many desserts, which are always my weakness.

Scale is still the same. I think I'm averaging 1 lb a month, if that!

NoMoreKnit
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Ugh Indi, I hope the scale moves for you soon, you are working soo hard!!
I went over my calories both days this weekend, just a few hundred not a free for all binge. Blechhh. DH brought home chinese food Sat afternoon and a friend cooked lunch for us Sunday, chicken crescent roll casserole and candied sweet potatoes. Phew looked up those calories this morning on livestrong, about 500 a piece!! Uuuurk, didnt taste like it was worth all that!

indiblue
10-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Carly thank you!!! I feel like I'm working hard but it's not perfect... and I think the closer you get to goal the more "perfectly" on plan you have to be. So I can't complain as long as I'm sneaking in little treats here and there (like a few bites of lemon tart or something)... sigh!

Oh man all the food you mentioned sounds amaaaazing. A few hundred cals isn't much- you can easily decrease a few days during the week by 100 cals each to make up for it. Or just move on. :)

Day 31
Exercise: None, intentional, taking time off
IF: started eating at 1:30 PM
Food:
1/2 serving tofu and bok choy soup
huge red cabbage salad (1/2 head) + rice wine vinegar + fish sauce + lemon
1 tbs +1 tsp peanut butter
2 morning star veggie links

1.25 c roasted cauliflower with olive oil
1 very small sweet potato, roasted, with olive oil
1/2 pomegranate

10 almonds
2 tootsie roll midgets
1 mini reese's peanut butter cup
2 squares of sesame seed bars (tiny)

Came in under calories, but went over sugar today. Should have stopped after the almonds!

Happy ALMOST 30% of the challenge everyone!!! Keep up the good work!!

tyla
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Day 30 in range and exercising. :)

I know what you mean, INDIE, it seems the closer you are to goal, it's just harder for the weight to want to come off. But I have to remind myself, we are also a lot healthier for it. Wow, it's almost30%? I'm impressed with all of us!!

NoMoreKnit
10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Indi & Tyla- You have both put in so much work already, look how thin you guys are!! You are doing great and the best part is you are STILL trying! That says a lot!
Proud to have stuck with it for 30%!! Can't wait until 100%
Back to work today, always easy for me to eat well stuck in an office 10hrs a day. Got my drawer full of healthy snacks and salad for lunch.

Keep On Moving Ladies!

tyla
10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Day 31 :)

Carly, thanks for being encouraging and supportive. I really appreciate that! Sometimes it gets a little discouraging when you work so hard at it, but, after several weeks, you only lose .6 of a pound!

Congrats on your 19 lbs. lost!! And staying strong for 30%!

Let's keep going~~~

indiblue
10-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Way to go everyone! Keep up the good work :)

Day 31

Exercise: 45 minutes moderate yoga
IF: started eating at 1 PM

Haha, today wasn't so great. Definitely not 100%! I did a good amount of cooking and thus nibbling/tasting/stealing bites. 45 minutes of yoga then went to pick a friend up from the airport who was visiting. I had fish for dinner, which was great, but then had WAY too much pumpkin bread that I had cooked earlier in the day. It was a low-fat, healthy recipe, but still. Too much is too much! And two glasses of wine. Oops!

Cals were probably at maintenance level- I calculated up until dinner and then mentally calculated after that.

Feeling fine this morning, will just be more careful today. I did get a compliment though from my friend visiting (who hasn't seen me in a year) that I was looking "thing and fit." Yay!

April Snow
10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
I got my days messed up again - on plan yesterday but I'm a day behind from missing a day so I need to remember to NOT change my ticker tonight - because I WILL be on plan today

NoMoreKnit
10-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Morning Ladies!

Wow Indi , "Thin and Fit" What a great compliment!! YAY for NSV!!

April, you are doing so good, what an inspiration, I can't wait to lose 50!

Everyone have a great OP day!

Where are some of our other ladies??
Come out, come out where ever you are!!

tyla
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Day 32 :)

April Snow
10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I can no longer access this website from work most of the time (I think it may be the old browser we have, because it's fine from home) and I've got limited time once I'm home at night.

on plan today so I can catch up to my ticker!

indiblue
10-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Quick update on Day 32:
Exercise: 30 minute walk
IF: Started eating at 12:30
Food:
1 cucumber, carrot, bell pepper salad + bit of EVOO + dill
2 eggs
1 small cup chai
dinner... didn't count- refried beans (homemade) + 1/2 whole wheat tortilla + corn salad + bit of yogurt + LOTS of this sesame seed bar dessert.

Day 2 of being not perfectly on plan, but I think I ate at maintenance or just above. Really committed to being POP today!

NoMoreKnit
10-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Morning Chicks! Down another 2 lbs to 189.8 this morning! I know it will slow down soon but maybe just maybe I will hit 170 before christmas?!?! Super Pumped. Worked out in my dressy flat suede boots yesterday, dumb choice. My feet are really sore this morning. Brought my sneakers today though!

miatutu
10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Hello ladies. It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. I have stayed OP for the last 3 days. I even did my exercising. I should be on plan today also, because I will be busy most of the day. We are almost 1/3 of the way done. Yay!!!

tyla
10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
This is day 33 :)

Carly, congrats on your 2 lb. weight loss!!

indiblue
10-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Congrats on 33%- 1/3 of the way done everyone!!

Another quick post from here. My friend is still here and I'm letting my diet go a bit. Grrr.
Exercise: 45 minute walk

I ate fairly well yesterday until dinner, then had too much rice and tastes/licks of the dessert I made. Not sure the cals.

Having a big dessert party at our place. I am not worried about eating too much, my sweet tooth has been at bay lately since I've cut back on sugar. Will try to be as vigilant as possible on counting...

tyla
10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
IT'S FRIDAY!! And we made it a third of the way! Congratulations, everyone! We're all going through different stresses, so this is a big deal! :yay:

I'm happy to say this is day 34. :)

Indie, you're doing an excellent job considering your friend is there.

Have a great weekend!