Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #1  

Smile Newbie seeking advice

Hi guys
I'm starting preconditioning tomorrow and then I get my meal plans this Friday. So, I will only have 2 days really on preconditioning!! I'm nervous about failing . I took the women's multivitamin and krill pills twice today. They smelled awful; I am not a good pill taker which I am worried could be a problem!.

Any suggestions for someone starting out? Does anyone know an equivalent pils (cheaper) for the Glucose supplement and the Magnesium supplement that were suggested to me at the center?
CamoPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome! I buy most of my supplements at Walmart. Here is what I take:

From the center:
MRC-6
Phentatrim (just strated this to try to get me over the stall the I have had)
Healthy Woman multi-vitamin (I like this because it makes my hair/nails grow fast, but any multi is better than nothing)

From Walmart:
B-12
Calcium/magnesium
Krill
Potasium (very important because we can't eat bananas and because we drink alot of water. If I don't take it, I get severe leg cramps and charlie horses in my feet)
Relacore (mirrors the cortitrim that is offered by the center)
Vitamin C

I know that it seems like alot, but with the limited diet we are on, I feel that I need to replace the nutrients I am not getting. A multi and krill really are the most important.

Anyway, good luck. The plan really does work. I have lost 50 pounds, all of which I have held onto for 13 years, so it was definitely hard to get rid of. I love the program and the support that I get. My whole life has changed and I am doing things that I thought I would never do again (running? really? me? no?...yes, I run about 2.5 miles a day)

And remember, you are creating a new life and a new lifestyle. As long as you remember this, you will not fail. As my boss says, it is not a diet, which is always considered short term, it is a new way of eating that you should do for the rest of your life.

Stay on 3FC and you will get some great support and advice. We are always here for you.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Welcome and good luck on your journey. Evinsmom pretty much said it all .
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoPants View Post
Hi guys
I'm starting preconditioning tomorrow and then I get my meal plans this Friday. So, I will only have 2 days really on preconditioning!! I'm nervous about failing . I took the women's multivitamin and krill pills twice today. They smelled awful; I am not a good pill taker which I am worried could be a problem!.

Any suggestions for someone starting out? Does anyone know an equivalent pils (cheaper) for the Glucose supplement and the Magnesium supplement that were suggested to me at the center?

Repeat after me, "I will not fail!" Welcome and hope to see you here often. This board is a GREAT and is an invaluable support to me and the others here. It's one thing to get advice from a counselor. It's another to be able to talk to others going through what you are.

Evinsmom has great advice. If you're having trouble with the krill oil, you can do flaxseed oil. This is what I do since I have a fish phobia. I take 3 pills at each meal and no smell. More pills than if you take the krill, but like I said, fish phobia. LOL

My other piece of advice is plan, plan, plan! Everyone has their own way of doing this. What helps me is I've been using the same Ziploc bags and medicine bags for months. They are all marked. For instance, in my Wednesday bag, I have my 4 HNS drinks and 3 little pill bags (bought at Wal-Mart) with each meals supplements in them. Goal is to make sure that bag is empty at the end of the day. While this works for me, it may not for someone else. You just have to find what works for you, but this is just to get you thinking about how you can succeed.

Also, be on the lookout for drugstores have BOGO on their vitamins and supplements. I just got some MSM and B6 at CVS buy one, get one. Definitely helps stretch the dollar.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote