Lighten Up! - Anime enthuiasts?

View Full Version : Anime enthuiasts?

liliesinmycereal
09-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I was wondering if there was anyone else on here that loves anime! I used to watch it all the time and want to find some new series to watch! I like animes like Kimi ni todoke, Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Haibani Renmei, Mushishi, Ghost Hunt, Ayatsuri Sakon the Puppet Master.... :carrot:

sontaikle
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I love anime!

Or well...I did. I haven't watched a new series in a while. I fell behind in grad school. My little brother recently got into anime and recommended a bunch of series on netflix for me.

My favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun and Ranma˝.

liliesinmycereal
09-13-2011, 01:53 PM
I just rewatched Trigun a couple weeks ago. I forgot how much I liked that show. Have you seen Baccano?

sontaikle
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Nope! I haven't heard of that one :) I'll have to look it up.

Trigun's awesome, isn't it? I'm not really sure what exactly I love about that show, but I can always go back and rewatch it again and again. I have fond memories of sneaking into the basement when I was 15 to watch it on adult swim.

Lovely
09-13-2011, 03:02 PM
I used to be a pretty big anime/manga fan back in middle school & through high school (that's starting 15-16 years ago).

I do still catch a few shows online every once in a while. If you're looking for recent, Gosick is one of the better new ones I've seen.

My all-time favorite will always be Sailor Moon, though. I don't even regret that time I cosplayed as Sailor Jupiter. Fond memories. Even if I completely stopped watching anime or reading manga altogether, I will always love that show.

sontaikle
09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
ooo cosplay! That is one of my weight loss motivators ;)

I've cosplayed as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Milly from Trigun, Inuyasha from...Inuyasha, A random Pokémon Trainer, A Shinigami from Bleach, Link from Zelda..and a couple more I probably can't remember. I used to go to conventions quite a bit.

I have a list of cosplays I want to do once I hit goal.

Rainbowgirl
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM
I used to really love anime. It has to be in Japanese though with English subtitles. I hate, hate, hate dubbing.

My favorites are:
Sailor Moon (all of them)
Fuushigi Yuugi
Fruits Basket
Ah, My Goddess!
Chobits
Vampire Princess Miyu
Ouran High School Host Club
Ayashi no Ceres

liliesinmycereal
09-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I've never cosplayed but I do like EGL! I just bought a couple Fruits Basket dvd and I own Ouran too! I must watch the Fuushigi Yuugi. My friend told me it was a good series. I'm not a fan of dubbing either unless I saw the show dubbed when I was younger.

Bethedee
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I watch Death Note every day, even though I've already seen it. I love the deep vibe of it. My all time favorites are Ah! My Goddess, Death Note, Spiral, and FLCL. Has anyone here seen FLCL?

liliesinmycereal
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
I have seen FLCL! I just bought Spiral but haven't watched it yet. I'm now excited to watch. I like the live action Death Note. Have you seen that? I need to watch the anime movie of Death Note.

Michi702
09-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I used to be much more into anime than I am now, but I still go to an occasional con and it's something my boyfriend and I like to watch. Sailor Moon is my favorite, but when I was younger I was really into InuYasha. I've seen a lot of stuff from FLCL, Death Note, Yu Yu Hakusho, some Gundam & mecha series... kind of all over. Yuu Watase and Ai Yazawa are two of my favorite manga/anime authors in particular.

Ok that sounded super random :dizzy: but I'm just in an all over the place state of mind right now.

sontaikle
09-16-2011, 04:03 AM
So who had to watch FLCL multiple times to understand it? *raises hand* :rofl:

liliesinmycereal
09-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Raises hand* I'm not even sure I still understand it and apparently the anime series is different from the manga...

OOOoo I own some Yu yu hakusho!!! I'm not a big fan of Sailor Moon I used to be when I was younger but then all the new stuff came out and I stopped watching it. Maybe I will try looking at it again.

sontaikle
09-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I've never read the FLCL manga. I'll have to try that :)

I really miss Sailor Moon. I started watching it again a few years ago but didn't finish. That's another one I have fond memories of as a child :D

Bethedee
09-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Ai Yazawa is Nana, right? Oh my gosh I LOVE Nana. Such a great manga series. I also read the first 24 AhMGs and all the petshop of horrors.

Soft Speaker
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Fellow anime watcher and cosplayer here! :)

I just got into cosplaying but did a Pikachu outfit recently :3 I plan to do Yoshi after a little bit of weight loss.

I recommend these animes if you haven't seen em:

*Code Geass
*Clannad (and the afterstory)
*Full Metal Alchemist
*Macross Frontier
*Angel Beats
* Soul Eater

and these are series but if you aren't familiar with the Miyazaki films (aka: totoro, kiki's delivery service, ponyo, etc) then you should definitely check those out too :)

Rainbowgirl
09-28-2011, 03:36 AM
I just finished watching all the episodes of Tokyo Mew Mew. Ah, such a cute show! :) Not sure what I'll move on to next, as I watched 52 episodes in under a week (oi!) but I have a few I'm looking at.

Bethedee
09-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I found Fruits Basket the other day and watched the whole series in two days. I had no classes and had already done most of my homework; was looking for a reward. It was just so endearing. I'm looking for a new anime to watch that is similarly lighthearted but kind of romancey. Ideas?

Rainbowgirl
09-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Bethedee, the one I'm watching now is kind of lighthearted and romancy.

Full Moon wo Sagash*te.

uh.. you'll have to google it b/c 3FC doesn't like the sh*te part of the name >.<; Replace the * with an i.

Peachy Pie
10-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Omigosh! I LOVE Full Moon! I do like anime but I prefer manga. Anything by Arina Tanemura or Yuu Watase. I used to be really hard core into it but lately it's something I don't think about a lot.

Cosplay was always one of my big weight loss motivators as well. c: I did go as an Eevee gijinka from pokemon to Sakura-con and that was fun.

Series I like:
Imadoki
xxxHolic
Full Moon O Sagas*ite
Absolute Boyfriend
Ceres Celetial Legend
The Gentleman's Alliance
Kamichama Karin
Loveless

I could go on forever... OTL:dizzy:

Rhiannon27
10-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Gantz, Blood Plus, and Elfen Lied are just a few of my favorites. :) Love anime.

Rainbowgirl
10-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Omigosh! I LOVE Full Moon! I do like anime but I prefer manga. Anything by Arina Tanemura or Yuu Watase. I used to be really hard core into it but lately it's something I don't think about a lot.

Cosplay was always one of my big weight loss motivators as well. c: I did go as an Eevee gijinka from pokemon to Sakura-con and that was fun.

Series I like:
Imadoki
xxxHolic
Full Moon O Sagas*ite
Absolute Boyfriend
Ceres Celetial Legend
The Gentleman's Alliance
Kamichama Karin
Loveless

I could go on forever... OTL:dizzy:

Ah, I have to admit I was a sap and sniffled during the last few episodes of Full Moon. I <3 Takuto and Meroko. I'm actually making a plushie Takuto (in cat form) soon. So cute. Next would be Meroko; I loved her in bunny form.

Karin from Kamichama Karin looks a lot like Mitsuki when she was younger, except with lighter colored hair.

Right now, I'm getting into "Chibi Vampire Karin" and so far - it's pretty good. Her dad, "Henry", is hilarious and her mother is equally funny, what with beating on everyone. And the fact that she has explosive nosebleeds? Priceless.

Kamichama Karin is next on the list as are a few others I can't think of at the moment >.<; Oh "Sugar Chara" is one I'm trying to get into too.