Thighs Be Gone
09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Who do you miss?

I miss Julie08.

I miss Lori259.

I miss Rockin' Robin.

I miss Jamie.

Who do you miss?

Love going to all the missing 3FC Peeps today that have helped me along the way.

dragonwoman64
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I do miss Rockin Robin, probably others who's 3FC name I can't recall

josey
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
That's a good one.

I have seen so many come and go since January!

I definitely miss:

Amandie

and

Laura G
Izzadawn
OhMyDogs
greeneggsandtam
ShanIAm
GailMarie (who left a rather dramatic last note: just a quick note to say that I have given up...so happy for those who can stick it out)
and many more

Beck
09-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Eliana; I felt I could relate to a lot of her posts.

cherrypie
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
lol I miss lots of people but I just don't know their names. I tend to recognize people by their avvy or sig

Glory87
09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
It can be painful to read through an old thread and see all the dear friends who are missing these days. Wish folks would stop by to check in, doesn't have to be weight related.

Thighs Be Gone
09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
YAY! Love to see you on here Glory. Will never, ever forget your all important post--it needs to be a sticky.

Suzanne 3FC
09-13-2011, 11:05 PM
I miss Meowee (rest in peace)
Hefty1 (who I believe also passed away)

I always enjoyed reading posts by NightengaleShane and LovesBassets, both of which have not been seen in a long time.

I miss Meg!

nelie
09-13-2011, 11:27 PM
I miss all those too Suzanne!

Others:
Gardenwife and Howie
Pookie88
and another RIP with FresnoBeeDude

Suzanne 3FC
09-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Holy cow, I just did a forum search for another member I missed and she's still here! She just tucked herself into one thread has hasn't ventured out of it in a very long time. So you never know, some of the missed may not be missing after all :lol:

milmin2043
09-14-2011, 01:59 AM
I miss Eliana and Rockin Robin also. I was just thinking of them both the other day and wondering how they're doing.

Glory87
09-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Wow - Meg is gone? Sometimes, it's so insidious. I don't read every post, every day, so I just don't notice when I haven't seen a poster in awhile.

I have a fabulous sweater set that Meg found for me in one of our shopping threads, whenever I wear it, I think of it as my Meg sweater.

Glory87
09-14-2011, 03:37 AM
YAY! Love to see you on here Glory. Will never, ever forget your all important post--it needs to be a sticky.

I had a really hard time with the boards after RR left so suddenly with no goodbyes. It made me deeply question what is the POINT of internet relationships - the reality of them, I guess. I had always considered 3FC friends to be real friendships, so it kind of shook me up a bit. Made me feel really low.

So, I mostly lurked for a few months. I am FB friends with a lot of the posters I dearly love, so that made me feel a bit better. And hey, I missed the support and community (gained 5 lbs while I was away!). I love this place, I need it and the posters in my life!

nelie
09-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Glory, you are a wonderful, beautiful person and dont forget that.

I should also say Meg had a move and lots of major changes in her life. All sounded good but it trumped her ability to be a mod and regular poster. I miss Meg dearly but understand her decision to step down as mod and back a way a little. We miss her as a mod, we miss her as a member and as a friend.

4myloves
09-14-2011, 10:21 AM
MrsJim

All of my McSkinney's Loozing Floozies--I'm FB friends w/them, of course, but it's not the same as here.

Thighs Be Gone
09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Glory, I understand your feelings toward RR. I felt low about it myself and it definitely contributed to me taking a break from 3FC. I wish her well but I still don't understand why no goodbyes--although I do know what happened to her. Maybe the no goodbye thing was her own choice.

I need 3FC too and the posters. So many ladies here have helped me transform my life into what it is today.

MindiV
09-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm sure y'all didn't miss me and my incessant questions... :) But when I stopped posting it wasn't even a conscious choice. Just kinda...happened. Life got busy and things got in the way. The weight creep was getting to me and I had to step back, stop obsessing as much and just relax.

I'm glad I'm back now, though.

EZMONEY
09-14-2011, 12:00 PM
LILYBELLE ~ she was having health issues

COUNTINGDOWN ~ All seemed fine in her posts, Christian Encouragers, then vanished....like so many

SOUL BLISS ~ hinted she may have to leave the site.....:?:

djs06
09-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Lessofsarahtolove (another RIP to add to the list)
Howie and Gardenwife
Gretchen- ToLose85
Jen- TeapotDynamo
RockinRobin
Br00klyn
Melsfolly

There were a bunch more. Some of those are from YEARS ago though.

Lovely
09-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Soul Bliss! I remember her. I always liked her posts.

I also remember ShyMoment around a lot. This was years ago, though.

I'm positive there are lots more people I've missed, but I usually remember avatars/signatures better than I do names.

PS - I had no idea FresnoBeeDude passed away. That made me sad to hear it...

Suzanne 3FC
09-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Lovely, did you have an account some time ago? A lot of members don't realize that we can merge accounts together, in case you forget your login and sign up again. We'd be happy to fix you up :)

nelie
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
PS - I had no idea FresnoBeeDude passed away. That made me sad to hear it...

His brother actually posted to let us know but here is one of the threads about it. He died from drowning while training for a triathlon.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/182812-3fc-member-fresnobeedude-passes.html

Lovely
09-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Suzanne - You can?! I didn't have any idea that was possible, actually. I'll go send a note or post that in the proper threads. Thank you!

Nelie- Thank you for the link. Seems he passed away while I was on a long hiatus from 3FC. What a sad thing to have happen. :(

EZMONEY
09-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Soul Bliss! I remember her. I always liked her posts.

I also remember ShyMoment around a lot. This was years ago, though.

LOVELY ~ SHYMOMENT posted in Christian Encouragers in July, I just happened to remember it wasn't too long ago and looked it up....she hasn't posted since but here is what she had to say then...

Thought I would let everyone know I am still around. Up and down and up and down lol. Well after 1,000's of dollars in tests they know WHAT ISN'T wrong with me lol. After about a billion pills and pokes I am back on track lol. Yes, I was bigger than ever but with God's help and less meads lol I am going in the right direction. In the last three months God has covered my mouth enough for me to take off 18 pounds. Yup, pretty much right where I started 4 years ago but I am going to get where I want to be because Jesus isn't going to let me let myself down. Going to get there, going to get there, going to get there. Giving up isn't something I believe in !

midwife
09-14-2011, 01:39 PM
I, too, treasure many of the relationships I've made on 3FC, but sometimes people do not present themselves in a truthful or accurate manner, so take it all with a grain of salt.

For example, I am really a 15-year-old boy.

Suzanne 3FC
09-14-2011, 01:49 PM
:lol: Good point, midwife! Over the years we've seen a few members here that were not entirely what they seemed :eek:

Many, many moons ago (late 90s), I was a member of a BBQ listserv. I didn't post, but followed for the recipes (I was an avid smoker in my previous life) I recall a lot of hoopla when one of the manly men turned out to be a female journalist who had infiltrated the group. S/he had built up quite a reputation as one of the guys, was very knowledgeable on the topic, and was considered a friend by all. I've never forgotten that as a lesson of how we can't always trust who we think we can online.

Sadly, that has been the case even on our own forum. But for the most part, we are lucky to have a truly compassionate and close community, so missing members is understandable.

Lovely
09-14-2011, 02:00 PM
LOVELY ~ SHYMOMENT posted in Christian Encouragers in July, I just happened to remember it wasn't too long ago and looked it up....she hasn't posted since but here is what she had to say then...

Thought I would let everyone know I am still around. Up and down and up and down lol. Well after 1,000's of dollars in tests they know WHAT ISN'T wrong with me lol. After about a billion pills and pokes I am back on track lol. Yes, I was bigger than ever but with God's help and less meads lol I am going in the right direction. In the last three months God has covered my mouth enough for me to take off 18 pounds. Yup, pretty much right where I started 4 years ago but I am going to get where I want to be because Jesus isn't going to let me let myself down. Going to get there, going to get there, going to get there. Giving up isn't something I believe in !

Thanks for posting the update, EZ!!

saef
09-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Eliana and Ubergirl.

NightengaleShane, who was "before my time," technically, but posting regularly when I was a lurker.

And yes, Meg.

4myloves
09-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Sometimes I get *happy* when I think I'm missing someone, because I'll do a member search and realize they've moved to the MAINTAINERS FORUM!!!!

:) (paperclippy, allison)

That being said, Noodles913's posts were so helpful to me when I was still learning about PCOS.

EZMONEY
09-14-2011, 07:37 PM
LILYBELLE ~ she was having health issues

COUNTINGDOWN ~ All seemed fine in her posts, Christian Encouragers, then vanished....like so many

SOUL BLISS ~ hinted she may have to leave the site.....:?:

I want to clarify my above post. There have been many over the years I have been here that seem to abruptly leave, then come back later on. I have missed posting with many more. I just worry about Lilybelle because of her health issue, Countingdown because it was so abrupt and Soul Bliss because she lives/d near me and we had common geographic conversations.

dragonwoman64
09-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Lessofsarahtolove (another RIP to add to the list)
Howie and Gardenwife
Gretchen- ToLose85
Jen- TeapotDynamo
RockinRobin
Br00klyn
Melsfolly

yes! I remember many of these people, wow.

toraziyal
09-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm new here, so I don't know anyone yet, However, over the years I been a member of various forums including one gaming forum where when people stopped posting it made me really sad! At times I spent so much time on those forums that these people became my online family. So I know what you mean, even though some of us have never met and will probably never meet in person, it can be sad when we stop hearing from someone.