20-Somethings BL Corner - Lovely Leaves week 7 chat 9/12-9/19

SMSDREAMER2007
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Here is the new thread ENJOY!

DivineFidelity
09-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Well, I was ONCE AGAIN at 243.6 this week. I'm getting so damn sick of seeing that same number every day. I need to really buckle down on my eating habits. Usually I'm a little bit lax with what I eat, but I work out and that makes up for it if I go over...and I think that now that I'm not working out, I'm maintaining instead of losing because of those extra calories I'm probably consuming. I can't really change what I'm eating until i get paid again, which is thursday, but I guess I can try and eat less of what I have. It's a strange concept to me, not finishing what's on my plate...so I'm going to have to come up with some new food ideas that have portion sizes a little bit smaller so that I'm not going overboard with my food.

It has really been awfully quiet. I know that school has started and everything (trust me, my 5 week government class is KILLING me)....but seriously...I feel it is so important to prove to myself that I can focus on my health even with all of this other stuff going on in my life right now. If I can eat healthily and take care of myself when I'm a full time student with a full time job who also has a second part time job and has obligations to her family as well....I know I'll be able to take care of myself for the rest of my life. I really honestly hope you ladies aren't falling off track and are just struggling finding the time to be chatty. I wish you all the best of luck this week!

ruby5839
09-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Hello! Sorry I've been MIA. I was sick last week and had very little energy and nothing to report. I took the week off of working out. On the bright side, my heavily liquid diet helped me get my weight back on track! I'll try to be more chatty this week :)

SMSDREAMER2007
09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Divine, I hear you. I think we all need to make that commitment too! Have you tried using a smaller plate to eat off of? It tends to help a lot of people. Plus, when you think about it the size of the dinner plates from the 50's and earlier were actually the size of what we now call bread plates.

Ruby, Welcome back! Sorry you were sick :\

SMSDREAMER2007
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Right. So we do have a rule here at the 20 somethings biggest loser that says you MUST participate in chat at least once per week. Meaning that without doing so you can not be the biggest loser of the week. I have been really lax on that rule knowing that life happens. Unfortunately it has gotten to the point that no one is participating in chat and only reporting their weights. There is another rule that says if you don't participate in chat for 2 weeks you are eliminated. I have sent notices to all who have not been participating in chat. I haven't eliminated anyone for lack of participating in chat YET. Again I know life happens. Unfortunately I will be starting to do that type of elimination next week. We are a team and need to stick together. Our health is just as important as divinefidelity has pointed out. This week because of the lack of chat I have decided there will be only one honorable mentioned. If you did not participate in chat regardless of your stats you will not be biggest loser or honorable mention for the week.

Lovely Leaves week 6
Biggest Loser
Smsdreamer2007-2.4lbs (0.95%)

Honorable Mentions:
DivineFidelity -0.0 LBS(0.00%) (wtg on maintaining! at least it isn't a gain, the number still sucks though I know.)
Eliminated from Competition:
jaimie1980
katylil
Bee Optimistic
Kristina29
Hothealthy4life

2 Freebies Used:
Hothealthy4life
Jelbele

OVERALL % LOST: 0.25%

1 freebie used:
Chloekinsikle, mommy1028, kuritsu, Smsdreamer2007, toastedsmoke, ,SugarRomeoTango, DivineFidelity, KittyKat

Challenge for the week: Stay Perfectly on plan with calories every day!

P.s. Who completed last weeks challenge?

KittyKat1465
09-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Am I not in the competition anymore?

DivineFidelity
09-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I didn't do the challenge last week SMS, but only because I'm not supposed to be doing much physical activity yet (which sucks and I REALLY REALLY just want to go to the gym...). I don't count calories or anything, so I'm going to make this week for myself stay perfectly on plan. This time I'm trying to lose the weight just by making the right choices with my food. Water instead of soda, PB&J instead of a cheeseburger...things like that. The scale was down a tiny bit this morning...so I definitely think the balance I had found when I was exercising wasn't good enough for me when I wasn't. I'll have to eat a little less until I can get up and get active again....but I can deal with that. I'm aiming for a LOSS this week.

EDIT:
By the way, I guess I should mention there is a wildfire about 2 miles away from my house right now...and at the moment it's moving away from my house...but if the wind shifts it could very easily jump the highway and then I would have to evacuate....and in that case I probably wouldn't be on for a while until things got settled. It's crazy. I've been hearing about all of these wildfires all over Texas and I was thinking well that really sucks....but it feels a lot more real now that it's so close to home. It has given me a whole different perspective on these fires. Someone needs to bring some rain to Texas before we all burn up...

kurisitaru
09-13-2011, 10:43 PM
I have been slacking a little. ><
It's easier to run to work and then just focus on home work at home. I haven't been making my meals like I should ><
Maybe I should invest in lean cuisines for lunches at work?
Those good at all? Or not so much?

SMSDREAMER2007
09-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Kitty - Yes you are. I might have forgotten to add your name to the list of freebies used. I also think the system wouldn't let me send you a pm cant remember why, you and 1 other person I had issues mailing.

DivineFidelity- Understandable ;) Feel better heal up and stay safe! You have been active in chat so even if you fall below for a week or so in terms of chat you'll be fine ;)

Kuri- I hear ya girl I been laxed a bit too!

If I sounded a bit mean in my post I am sorry. I started these back up again thinking I could get us together to support eachother and I know part of that not working is my fault for not being able to be here as much as I thought I would be. It's just frusterating I love havint TBL challenges for the 20 something and I love running them but if people aren't going to participate like they agreed they would it kind of gets boring ya know? Life happens, Happens to everyone. This is supposed to be fun not something people dread. Depending on how the end of this challenge goes will determine if I run another one or not. HUGGSSSSSS all, Love my lovely leaves!

SugarRomeoTango4852
09-14-2011, 11:06 AM
@ SMS: I am not sure if I did last weeks challenge to be honest. I didn't keep track last week because things were really hectic for me and I wasn't at my house. Good suggestion for the smaller plate too! I recommend a blue plate (avoid red or orange as they tend to make up eat more).

@Ruby: welcome back! A lot of us have been missing so it isn't just you. :hug:

@Divine: YES! Break your same scale number track. Down a little is still the right directions (as opposed to my scale going up lately :mad:). Hopefully you will see a woosh soonish and all that weight that has been plaguing you will drop. That is how I am trying to lose weight (with a little exercise thrown in). I hope the wildfires stay away from your house and be safe!

@Kuru: I am pretty sure most of us have been slacking (I know I have >_<). As for lean cuisine, while they aren't terrible a much better choice is making your own meals. There are copious amounts of sodium in those frozen meals but they are good in a pinch. I would say you could get away with it once, maybe twice, a week but I wouldn't do it everyday. Good Luck and let us know what you decide.

In my own news...I had an awesome number appear on the scale this morning. So it's time to buy a new scale because it was TOO awesome. Apparently in two days I went from 250.3 to 219.7. I weighed myself four times and that number kept coming up. I assume it was supposed to be 249.7 but I can't handle the heart break of seeing the teens when i know I am in the 40s or higher =(.

I do have a real victory though: a while ago I mentioned my MC Hammer like pants (my tents) and I finally broke down and went pants shopping. I got myself 3 pair or size 20s (I haven't fit in anything but 22/24 in years) and they fit great. They aren't tight and (bonus) they have belt loops so as the weight drops off I can keep them up (something my other pants lacked). I am looking forward to them getting looser and looser.

creolebarbie
09-14-2011, 11:21 AM
@SMSDREAMER2007 i ALSO hAVE SEVERE PCOS. AND WAS WONDERiNG iF YOU COULD GiVE ME SOME TiPS ON YOUR WEiGHT LOSS. EATiNG ETC!!! ANY ADViCE WOULD bE WONDERFUL!

creolebarbie
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
ALSO LADiES i WOULD LOVE TO jOiN iS iT TO LATE?

KittyKat1465
09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh ok. Well I am back. I will check in a couple times a week. Crazy busy right now. my godaon is due any day now so I am preparing for that.

DivineFidelity
09-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Well everyone...I'm back up on the scale again. Ugh. At this point I'm at 244.3....and I don't understand WHY?!? I'm getting so frustrated.

Oh, I guess I should mention that my house didn't burn down, they got the fire contained.

Oh yeah...and now I'm sick. I went to the doctor and I'm on antibiotics and he's putting me back on an inhaler so that when I start exercising again my asthma won't act up as much. I hope it works. lol

I'm going to go lay down now. I feel crappy. =/

SugarRomeoTango4852
09-15-2011, 10:00 AM
@ Kitty, welcome back. Congrats on the godson.

@Divine: I am sorry you are sick, it seems like you can't catch a break lately. =( Feel better

mya
09-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't participating for a while, ladies. I'll do my best to be here more often from now on.
I haven't been exercising lately, which makes me drop less every week and lose muscle too. Crazy scary math classes make me want to just lay down when I'm home and not studying. I know working out helps a lot with the stress of it all, so I'm getting back to it soon.

@Divine: Why don't you get a kitchen scale? I bought mine a couple of months ago and it really helps. I have always eaten healthy, but I have a big problem with portion sizes. I can eat a pound of carbs in one sitting, which is why I have been overweight all my life. The point is, it doesn't take a lot of work to measure your food and you learn how much you should be eating after a while.

DivineFidelity
09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
mya, i've thought about a kitchen scale before...the problem is that I live with my parents and my sister. I don't use their kitchen because the counters are all covered with boxes of old mail (dating back to hefore I was born...my dad is definitely a hoarder) and all sorts of broken kitchen appliances. I try and clean up as much as I can, but after just a couple of days it's back to how it was. I cannot WAIT until I can finally move out and have a real kitchen. If I have to cook at home, it's in the microwave. Otherwise, I go to my friend's house a couple days a week and cook bulk meals that will feed me for a few days. I wouldn't have a place to keep a scale...at least not in my own house. It is hard to be excited about cooking healthy food when you're stuck living in such a pigstye. My room is my safe haven in this house...its clean and uncluttered. It's the only room in my house I don't find stressful. =/

SMSDREAMER2007
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Cre- This challenge is in its 7th week. As Of right now I am planning on started another one in mid oct. Keep an eye out for that one ;) Also, send me a PM of what you are doing/ tried and your symptoms and I would be happy to give you some suggestions ;)

SRT- Try taking the battery out and putting it back in...My scale tends to do that from time to time too.

Mya- I hate math class to!!!

Divine- What about getting tupperware and individually sectioning the food out into cal controlled containers then label them with what is in it and how many cals so you can easily track what you are eating?

On my side. Hoping to see the 240's this week!!! Sooo close. So we will see what happens.

DivineFidelity
09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
SMS- I do have tupperware like that and I do portion it out...I just haven't figured out how to figure out how many calories are in one single portion when I cook it in bulk, you know? A lot of the times I'm making something like soup from scratch, or some sort of stew in a crock pot...and I have no clue how to figure out how much a portion size SHOULD be, and what the nutritional info for that portion would be. I just kind of guess...and I'm probably not doing a very good job of it judging by my progress (or lack thereof)...

KittyKat1465
09-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Divine - I have a small kitchen scale and it is fabulous! You can keep it in your room.

Just checking in for the evening! I am only 3lbs away from hitting my 50lbs lost mark! Never thought I would see that day!

DivineFidelity
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, I have a general non-weight loss related question for you guys...

I've had a pixie cut for probably almost a year now. I love it. It's simple and easy and I can just get up and go in the morning...but I have been thinking of growing it out. Right now it's got some red coloring in it that has grown out, and it's bugging me. I'm either going to need to dye it darker and grow it out, or cut it again (which would cut off all the red because my roots are like an inch).

I've attached a picture of my hair now, a picture of how my hair looked a couple of years ago when it was long, and a picture of what my pixie has generally looked like. I would LOVE some opinions....because I'm really torn and have no clue what to do =/

toastedsmoke
09-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey team, sorry I've been MIA for over a week. I had the longest journey home from vacation (in which I thought I was going home a day later than my ticket was booked and that was a mess). Then I got the flu on the plane because I catch every respiratory virus going, and have been sick as a dog for a week. Finally finished my antibiotics (for mild pneumonia) and coughing my brains out the past couple of days.

The best part of being home is that I'm back to my workouts now that I'm feeling better. I'm still a bit shaky with food but certainly not as bad as when I was away. I'm kind of busy catching up with work-y things and deadlines so it's hard to sometimes find the time to come on 3rd but that's no excuse. We're a team, I should be there to support AND I do need you guys too to keep me on track.

DF: I think you're so pretty, it doesn't really matter what you do with your hair. But since youve had your pixie do for so long, why not try growing your hair out and dying the parts you don't like. Your body is going through a change right now, so why not your hair too? Worst case, if you miss your pixie too much you can always cut it again. I also cosign on the kitchen scale. Otherwise you can use cup/tbsp measurements alternatively. My kitchen scale is flat and pretty small and has a zero function so I can weigh foods in plates and bowls. Doesn't take up much space at all. It was also really cheap. ALSO re: calculating calories when you've made a big batch of something. What I do is keep track of ALL the calories of everything I'm adding, all the ingredients (e.g. 1lb of beef, 6 large potatoes, 1tsp of chopped garlic,2tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of olive oil etc) and come up with a total, usually a large number e.g. 720calories. I decide how many portions I'm going to get out of the whole pot. E.g. 6 large bowls making sure I note how large I consider a large bowl to be (e.g. a half-bowl of noodles). This is important if you're going to share the pot with people who don't share your portion size values. Once you decide how many portions you think you can get out of your pot, you divide the number of calories by the number of portios. So in this case, each half-bowl serving of the noodles would be 120 calories.

DivineFidelity
09-15-2011, 10:44 PM
toastedsmoke - Well thank you! I used to feel really beautiful with the pixie cut. I chopped it all off when i got down to my lowest weight (180 pounds)...and since I've gained most of that back...I have felt like I don't look as feminine with the pixie. I loved it when I was skinnier, and I felt like it made me look more mature (people were always mistaking me for a high school kid with the long hair)...but right now in my fat pants and baggy solid color shirts at almost my highest weight, I guess I feel a little too manly. I don't have the money to buy nice clothing that fits me right now, because HOPEFULLY it wouldn't fit me for too much longer...and if I can get back down to 180 I've got plenty of nice feminine clothes that would make me feel a lot more confident with the pixie. I'm just concerned about all of the awkward stages that it would have to go through to grow out. I'm not big on having to do anything to my hair in the morning that takes more then 5 minutes...and I have VERY thick frizzy hair that I was always having to straighten when it was long. I don't know how I would look with it growing out, or how I could style it that wouldn't make me look like a crazy person...I don't know. I love the short pixie. I think that will always be my favorite style for sure....I think the only reason I want to grow it out is because I've gained weight and I don't feel pretty anymore. Those pictures I posted, those are good pictures of me....but there are some that just make me think "oh god how could I have let it get this bad"...

example (if it will let you see it):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2120108916307&set=t.501670698&type=3

I feel like I look like the Michelin Man....seriously. I don't FEEL that big, but I know that I look that big.

This was me at my lowest weight, and I think the pixie looks SO MUCH better on me when I'm small.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/36393_407333610698_501670698_4343753_6528566_n.jpg

I'm also trying to decide if it's WORTH growing it out...because I know if I grew it out, once I got down around 180 pounds again, I would cut it all off again. Idk. I'm torn.

KittyKat1465
09-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Divine-I think you should grow it back out. I think the long hair suits you. Plus long hair is good for autumn/winter where short hair is good for spring/summer.

DivineFidelity
09-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Divine-I think you should grow it back out. I think the long hair suits you. Plus long hair is good for autumn/winter where short hair is good for spring/summer.

If I grew it out, by the time it was long again....it would be spring, possibly summer. lol.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-16-2011, 01:00 AM
I think you should grow it back out agian too DF. Also when you make your food the big batch...add the calories of every ingredient you are putting in the dish to get the total calories for the whole batch then divide that by how many tupperware bowls that is going in to (i.e. you made a box of pasta the whole box is 1400 cals, jar of sauce whole jar is 1500 cals together the dish is 2900 divide that by 7 (there are 7 cups in the typical box of pasta) for 1 serving of pasta that would be 415 cals then just label that amount on the tupperware using tape and a marker along wiht the name nad date you made it). For pasta and soup a serving is typically 1 cup. For meat I serving is typically 3 oz. For casseroles, a serving is 1/8 a casserole dish (approx). or meatloaf 1 serving is typically 1/5 a loaf (check serving size for your meat you use and how many servings are in the weight you are using).

girlonfire
09-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Ugh, I've been working 7 day weeks two weeks in a row and I finally get 2 days off spent packing up all my stuff. Moving out of my house and the accompanied stress led to some bad food choices :(. Sorry I've been so MIA, I took too many overtime shifts. I'm going back to 40 hour weeks and get settled into a routine/new place (with internet!), so I am going to be more involved in this challenge! I feel like the worst teammate ever :(. Down a couple pounds this week though.

toastedsmoke
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM
@DF: I wasn't able to see the Facebook pic, but I completely understand about startling yourself in pictures. At my highest, I didnt think I looked that big and I certainly didn't feel big. I was 22 and it wasnt reallynaffecting my life in terms of things I wasn't able to do because of my size. It was Christmas 2008 pictures that a relative posted on Facebook and tagged me in that really gave me a wake up call. Plus also weighing myself and finding I was close to 300lbs. The strange thing is that now after 90lbs, I'm more aware of the chub and "feel fatter" to myself than I did when I was 235 (when for some reason I felt slim and spent like a year at that weight). It's crazy. Pictures are definitely wake up calls though. Maybe in growing out the pixie, you don't have to grow it long. Maybe you could keep the short easy maintenance do but go for something a little longer up top so you can have a bang (side-sweep or straight) that will allow you to keep the back short but give you a little more hair to play with so you feel a bit more feminine pre investing in your new girly wardrobe in a few pounds.

@chloekinsicle: Sorry you've been so busy with everything. But yay for moving to a hopefully better place and sanity returning to your life at work! I was away for ages too so I'm a pretty crap teammate too, don't worry. Congrats on your loss and here's to a downward trend and good weightless karma for you and all of us!

I didn't get my workout in yesterday (other than what i consider a slow 1-hr long walk with a friend who's trying to lose weight and get into shape) because of procrastination and busyness and now I'm thinking of doubling up workouts today. However, I'm worried about being super sore and thus retaining water as it IS pretty close to Sunday weigh-in day. Hmmmm... I'll try to just listen to my body maybe and see how it goes...

SMSDREAMER2007
09-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Chloe - icky!!! Im sorry bout the long work weeks But YAY on moving...even though it's stressful..It is exciting!

Toasted- I defo would just listen to your body.

Weeelll...I jumped on the scale for the fun o it today and I hit a new decade and all time low! 248.2 WOOT WOOT! Can't wait to see what sunday brings me!

kurisitaru
09-17-2011, 12:37 AM
So tired.............. I suck in that my work outs this week are non-existant. I just walk when I get the chance and that's IT.
I feel like a slacker, but I am so mentally exhausted that by the time I get home it takes so much out of me just to sit down and study. I have too many classes and too many clubs I'm a part of... what was I thinking?

toastedsmoke
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey team, so yesterday I ended up doing a workout and a half (90minutes-ish instead of 2hrs). I'm a bit sore today and retaining a bit of water, I can tell, but hopefully tomorrow will bring great things.

kurisitaru: I definitely understand. I thought I wanted to apply to med school and so I was in a lot of things that I thought would look good on my application to the detriment of my personal social life. Even if you DO enjoy all the things you're doing, you're only in college once. You may not be able to take it easier with school work, but you probably can with extra-curriculars. You should have time to yourself, to pursue personal interests, relax a little. Clubs are supposed to be fun, not exhausting and certainly not taking over your life. Take it from a Biochem & French double major who was on 5 club e-boards and spent her entire college life in classes, labs and club meetings, I intensely regret it (the loss of social life with friends, the not taking advantage of my school's excellent gym, fitness classes etc- not that it crossed my mind at the time)! Hopefully you can find a way to scale back in some way.

ruby5839
09-17-2011, 08:29 PM
@toastedsmoke: Glad you got a nice long workout in. Hope you're feeling better!

@kurisitaru: It is so impressive that you are involved in so many clubs and doing school full-time! I know that feeling of being exhausted after a busy day. I always found if I managed to squeeze a quick workout in first thing I had more energy for the rest of the day and I didn't have to worry about it later. But otherwise you'll just have to try your best to eat on plan. Good luck!

@SMSDreamer: Congrats on the all-time low!! I'm sure it'll be even nicer on sunday! :)

@chloekinsicle: Hope things have settled down for you. I hate when my routine gets out of whack. Working overtime is tough.

@Divine: You look great with both long and short hair! But it sounds like you want to grow out your hair.

@Kittykat:Congrats on almost reaching 50 lbs lost!! :carrot: Very inspiring! :D

I'm having serious laptop problems with the trackpad. It's possessed! So I've been avoiding the computer hoping it would fix itself. It hasn't so I'll have to take it in to get checked out. Weightloss wise, I've been pretty good about exercising this week. I just got my TOM for the first time in 2 months so hopefully that won't majorly affect me on the scale, but it is wreaking havoc on my self-control for chocolate cravings! :lol:

kurisitaru
09-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I went for a bike ride today. I volunteer at this darling kitty shelter. Everyone meet Panther:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k153/fffcrystal/Panther.jpg

He has nerve damage so he can't close his mouth. His tongue always sticks out. He's around 14 years old, been living in the shelter for 7 years, no one wants him because he's a little gross with that mouth. But he's the sweetest cat in the world. Every time I go there, I want to take him home, I can't though... I have a kitty at home that would eat him alive. =/

Anyway, I love volunteering there, gives me an excuse to ride my bike on weekends. ><
And to stay out of the kitchen where all the yummy foods are... my room mate has the munchies lately.... I ate some of his cookies. ><
Oh well, I didn't go too overboard I hope.

Thank you for the advice as well. I'll do some of the club activities, but I don't think I'll go for "president" or anything. I can't handle that much to do this time around. I need to get my head into two main things: School, and working out. After that it's work and clubs.

girlonfire
09-18-2011, 12:32 AM
kurisataru- OMG! He is too cute! I love kitties and volunteering at animal shelters.

Ugh, just when things are about to settle down I get in a car accident! Even worse, since I was turning (making a left, oncoming car accelerated to beat me and hit my rear passenger wheel) I am automatically at fault! Nobody was injured, but I am not looking forward to seeing my premiums go up.

The silver lining is I've been so stressed my appetite actually went down and while my car is in the shop, I have to bike everywhere.

Riestrella
09-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Lost 2 lbs this week! Woohoo!

DivineFidelity
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
kurisitaru - Wow, such an ADORABLE cat. He looks exactly like my cat, except with his tongue hanging out.

my cat being a goofball >> http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/307477_10150317008145699_501670698_7926139_6448243 34_n.jpg

chloe - I'm glad to hear that you're okay! It sucks about your car...but at least now you get more exercise. I wouldn't worry too much about one accident. Your premiums will go up...but I dated a guy once who had like 6 accidents in 3 years and couldn't even FIND and insurance carrier that would take him on when his expired. That's when you know you're in trouble. lol

Riestrella - Congrats!

Well I'm a little bit frustrated. I went to a friend's house for dinner last night...and she cooked this AWESOME pasta casserole bake thing. I have no idea what it was...but it had whole wheat pasta and baked chicken and was super tasty. It wasn't until later that evening when I was asking for the recipe that I learned it was LOADED with salt. Now I'm up a pound, and I'm almost 100% it's just water weight. I'm honestly surprised I didn't retain MORE water with the amount of salt she put in that thing. I can't believe I barely tasted it when i was eating it. I don't think about people putting salt in food when they cook, because i never cook with salt. I just ignore it if it's in a recipe or something...because I don't feel it's necessary. I'm mad at myself for not paying more attention to what I was eating...but I was just trying to have a nice dinner at a friend's house. I counted the chicken and estimated the calories for the pasta bake and I was pretty close...I just didn't realize how much sodium it had. Oh well.

On another note. I'm still sick...I feel awful....I HAVE to go back to work tomorrow if I don't want to lose my job. I think I'm getting to the point where I should be able to go back, even though I don't feel my best. Hopefully with one more day of rest I'll be feeling better. Oh, and I feel like these antibiotics are making me bloat. I feel HUGE. =/

kurisitaru
09-18-2011, 03:09 PM
chloekinsicle Sorry about the accident. Sucks, but it is good you have motivation to bike now. My family always likes to backseat drive with me. I wait until I'm 100% sure I can make every turn. lol... sometimes I can go and I'll still pause. Pisses my family off. They freak out if I sit there for another minute. I don't care too much though, I've never been in an accident and I'm never late, so clearly I'm doing something right.
Anyway, good luck with the biking. If you're like me, you'll leave the car behind and just bike unless you need the car. It's nicer I think.

DivineFidelity Your cat is sweet. Your cat looks like my cat a little. Except mine is evil. ><

ANYWAY
I gained 1.2 lbs... which pisses my off because I worked my butt off for the past two week to lose a measly .6 lbs a week. And now I gain it all back within ONE WEEK because I pretty much decided I NEEDED that latte, and that it would be OK to have all that chocolate, and that I didn't have TIME to log things in fitday, and that it was FINE if I didn't work out.
I mean. >< UGH.. my fault entirely. This week, I'm really going to get into it again. I really want to lose weight this year instead of gain like I ALWAYS DO in the school year. ><

Wish me luck guys...

DivineFidelity
09-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Well, I decided to try dying my hair before I went and cut it...and it's a LOT darker now (see attached picture), and I think I like it better. I'll probably avoid cutting it for a while. I might go get the bangs and the very back trimmed at some point, but not for a couple of weeks at least.

I went to the grocery store completely prepared just a little bit ago. I sat down and planned what I was going to eat for the entire week. I'm trying the new weight watchers points plus program (without paying for it...i'm too broke for that), and so hopefully it will work. I've had success with Weight Watchers original Flex Points program, but I haven't tried points plus. It's more counting then I wanted to have to do...but until I learn to control my cravings better, I think that I need that number hanging over my head that I'm not supposed to go past...because it will stop me from going overboard. I also brought our family Wii upstairs into my room (the room it was in, we don't use and it's kind of under construction. No one had turned the Wii on in almost 6 months...and I have a big room and a 42 inch TV in my room). I'm planning on doing some simple Wii Fit Plus exercises. I'm not supposed to be exercising for another two weeks, but I really feel fine and I want to get up and get moving. I figure if I don't do anything too strenuous, I'll be fine.

I WILL get below 243.6 this week!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
New thread posted ;)