Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Sept. 12-18

Yuck. Yesterday I hit 128, which seems to be some sort of mental barrier for me. I was doing ok, I didn't do a whole lot yesterday and was fighting the impulse to eat out of boredom. We took my dad out to dinner, and I ordered a tuna steak with veggies and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette. The salad was awful. I asked for no tomatoes or onions because I don't enjoy them raw, and apparently the only other thing on their salads is cucumber, so it was just a plate of leaves. The "vinaigrette" was terrible, it hadn't been mixed at all, just a layer of vinegar covered with a layer of oil. So when I poured it on my leaves, it all seperated, so I had some oily ones and some vinegary ones. Whatever. Then the meal shows up. The fish was ok, but they had put white rice on the plate where I'd asked them to leave it off, and the veggies had been sauteed in oil, and were completely disgusting. I tried to eat them, but they made me want to vomit. I ended up eating some of the rice just so I wouldn't be hungry later. My weight was of course up this morning. I'm feeling incredibly frustrated and angry about it still. Sorry for ranting, I just needed to get it out. I'm just going to try to detox today, and stick as closely to the plan as possible

B: 8 oz. Naked Juice
L: WW bagel w/ lowfat cream cheese (this is for a work thing that I can't escape without offending someone)
D: Baked Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Brown Rice

Again, sorry for ranting, but thanks for listening.

Last edited by CPTSayrah; 09-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #2  

Don't worry, it's important to have somewhere to rant when things are going badly! It's so frustrating when you end up having to go off-plan and don't even get to enjoy it. I hope you have a better day today.

Yesterday:
B: Ww pancakes, veggie sausages, banana
L: Oolan (veggies in coconut sauce), brown rice, raspberries
D: Brown rice pilaf with veggies and halloumi
S: 1 dark chocolate brazil nut

Exercise: 30 mins walking, 45 mins Wii Fit
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #3  

Cool

ok, so I figured out that the bagel was causing most of today's anxiety, and that I was trying to figure out a way to eat it without eating too much. There was no way to do that, so the bagel had to go. I figured out a way to get out of eating it, and came home and ate my peanut butter and jelly instead. I felt much better the rest of the day. Here is what today really ended up looking like:

B: 8 oz. Naked Juice
L: WW PB&J, Sunchips, String Cheese
D: Grilled Chicken Wrap, veggies

Thankyou Pilgrim for being so supportive. No one else really seemed to understand why I was so upset.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #4  

Ok, so clean eating again today. No cheating, no getting freaked out about calories, just eating what I'm supposed to.

B: Kashi Waffle w/ Agave Nectar
L: WW PB&J, Sunchips
S: Kashi peanutty dark chocolate bar
D: Grilled Chicken, broccoli and turnip greens
Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #5  

I think some of the emotions around dieting are difficult to understand for people who haven't done it, or have only ever done it for short periods of time.

Yesterday:
B: Ww bagel w/peanut butter; banana
L: Veggie frittata, ww crackers, blackberries
D: Leftover pilaf, grape juice
Exercise: 1 hr 30 mins walking, 10 mins yoga

Today:
B: Ww bagel, peanut butter, banana
L: Leftover pilaf, blackberries
D: Steak pita from the Sonoma Cookbook (quorn instead of actual beef), grape juice

Exercise: none because I stayed home with a mild fever. Would really like to be done with being ill now! This is the third time in as many weeks.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'6"

I havent been on in a while - I kept getting that script error thing that would then crash my web browser, but they seem to have fixed it thankfully. Also been busy at work and with school things, and my parents are visiting from England at the moment. I've lost 1lb more though. It is very slow going (still haven't given up the nightly glass of wine) but at least in the right direction. I've still been doing a Jillian Michaels DVD each day, but not this week as I have caught a cold from my baby, who has just had croup, poor boy.

Yesterday:
B: 2 slices multigrain bread w LF cream cheese
L: leftover zucchini fritters (delicious!) w roasted beets and tomatoes
S: spinach salad w roasted peppers
D: minestrone soup - made w various veggies, WW pasta, kidney beans, bread, red wine

It looks like you are both doing really well! Sarah, you are also heading in the right direction despite the frustration with eating out (I hate it when I attempt to eat healthily out and it doesnt work out as i had planned) - and you are so close to your goal! Pilgrim, sorry to hear you are not feeling well again.
gardenermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #7  

I'm so sorry you are both sick. Hopefully you guys can kick it and start feeling better soon.

B: Kashi Waffle w/ agave nectar
L: WW pb&j, sunchips
S: almonds
D: Baked Chicken, Broccoli, Brown rice, Wine
Old 09-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #8  

It's going to be cold here this weekend, but I don't trust it...I think we're going to have an indian summer.

B: 2 boiled eggs, WW toast
L: WW pb&j, sunchips
S: kashi peanutty dark chocolate bar
D: baked chicken, broccoli, brown rice, glass of wine
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #9  

The weather is turning here too (Atlanta) - its very fresh in the mornings, just lovely. My parents are over from england though, and they find this unpleasantly hot!

Yesterday:
B: 2 slices multigrain bread w LF cream cheese
L: leftover minestrone w seedy bagel
S: spinach salad w roasted peppers
D: potato/tomato gratin w a little blue cheese baked on top. Roasted cauliflower, red wine.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:09 AM   #10  

Thanks, Gardenermom! I need to be a bit more regular about updating, I missed a day again. I'm still getting over whatever virus was causing the fever, feeling very dehydrated, so probably retaining water, too :-(

Wednesday:
B: Ww bagel, peanut butter, banana
L: Salad bar, ww bread, blackberries
S: Ww crackers, goat cheese mini babybel
D: Buffet at an awards ceremony at my son's school - not much choice, so I had 1/2 egg mayonnaise sandwich, 2 sl quiche, 2 veggie samosas (which astonishingly did not have potato in them!)

Yesterday:
B: All Bran, low-fat milk, pear
L: Halloumi vegetable stack from work canteen, ww bread
S: Apple, ww crackers, goat cheese mini babybel
D: Ww giant couscous with veggies and beans, 2 glasses grape juice (I was feeling dehydrated and short of vitamins, so allowed myself an extra one to make up for not having it the night before).
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #11  

Yesterday:

B: granola w skim milk
L: veggie burger (beans, seeds, veggies) in a slice of WW bread w slice of cheese
S: spinach salad
D: 3-bean chili, wild/brown rice, red wine

Exercise: fast walk to pick kids up from school. feeling better...need to start DVD workouts again.

Have a good weekend!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #12  

Ugh, I had two difficult days in a row. Our eldest went off to university for the first time yesterday, so on Friday we had a celebration dinner for him at a pizza place, and yesterday we drove him to uni and had a very quick lunch at a fish and chip place. So I ate:

Friday:
B: Homemade ww bread w/peanut butter; banana
L: Mediterranean Steak Salad from the New Sonoma Cookbook, with quorn steak instead of beef; ww bread; raspberries
D: Salad bar, 1/2 small veggie pizza, apple juice

Yesterday:
B: Ww bread, peanut butter, banana
L: Veggie burger, salad, sesame seed roll, chips, 3-4 battered mushrooms
S: Mini babybel, ww crackers
D: Qunoa salad, grape juice, raspberries

Exercise:
Friday: 30 mins Wii Fit, 40 mins walking
Saturday: 50 mins walking

Those two meals out won't have helped my weight. But the worst thing is that white flour really messes up my digestion now that I'm not used to it any more :-( Plus I'm really missing my son, even though he's not been gone 24 hours yet!