Simply Filling/Core - Weekly chat Sept 12th-18th

View Full Version : Weekly chat Sept 12th-18th

jojo23
09-12-2011, 04:46 AM
I weighed yesterday and I don't want to talk about it:mad:

beach bum
09-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Called the doctor for an appointment for my blood test,but of course he's on vacation so I was told to call his stand in,if I should continue with Flosomax for my osteoporosis.As I saw a law suit on TV that the drug causes fractures in the legs and arms. I talked with my pharmacist and he told me now they company is saying not to use the drug more that 5 years.The replacement office told me not to take it until my doctor comes back in 1 1/2 weeks. When he comes back I'm going to ask him to set me up with a bone density test. I also need a colostomy test.

Have to go to the bank for condo business and than I heading over to Leo's grave. So I have a busy schedule today. Tomorrow I start my first walking tour with the Club, we meat at 9 at the center and & come home after 10 AM. Alice didn't want to join me this time but I already know the woman so I 'm not going to feel lost in the group. I'm going to ware my braces just in case I need them as it going to be a long walking/hike thingy.

JOJO-Thanks for the pages,as sorry about your W-I Here's to next week.

ontarget
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
I weighed this morning, too, and don't want to talk about it. Thank goodness OA is tonight. I have taco soup for lunch. I'm at high school agriculture classes, so I just have a sec here. Ya'll have a good day.

nancy237
09-12-2011, 07:23 PM
My usual slow start Monday..I am getting motivated finally at 6:30.

I weigh everyday & never want to talk about it ;)

ontarget
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
:lol: Nancy.

Tejas
09-12-2011, 08:10 PM
OK, let's agree that this week we won't talk about IT.

I can't seem to get control back after the Labor Day feasts. Oh well, it will come.

jojo23
09-13-2011, 04:46 AM
By gum it was windy yesterday. When you looked through the window it seemed such a lovely bright day, then you noticed the birds flying backwards and the trees nearly bent double.
I don't know how you all coped with the heat this summer. I can think of nothing worse than a heatwave. I start whinging if one lasts for a week here.

Vickie
09-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sanity is starting to creep into my brain again. I need to get control.

Jojo....hope you don't fly away.

Sandra, it seems like you are working a lot?

Rhonda, how's your knee?

Mary Ann, are you better from your fall?

I got on the scale again and it's still where it was. That means I've put on the brakes, now I need to get started again in the right direction.

Doctors appointment today for Jim. Just routine; then some errands.

nancy237
09-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I need a morning routine that gets me moving early..
My body tendency is to wake about 9 and take til noon to get motivated.
Once I get going I get lots done usually.

I need to walk , run errands, or do something every morning to get me in motion. Need ideas from all you smart chicks. Remember I am brain dead til my second cup of coffee ...

I have started a night routine I like of getting in the hottub about 9ish with a glass of wine & then getting in bed to read. Melatonin seems to be helping the sleep problems.

beach bum
09-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Walked with my walking group this morning and I did well 1.4 miles until my hip gave way and I had to sit for a while,our director is such as sweet guy he stayed with me until I was able to walk again, but I was so slow that the others were on where way back from the marsh. I walked back with them and I was winded. I guess I"m not a good walker anymore now that my knee and back [neck area & lumbar section] aren't working properly. Not going to quit as I'm determined to walk with the rest of the group by some of our 6 week program. Hope I'm better by next weeks walk.

Sorry Ladies,for all your weight loss woos, ever since my tummy-ache several weeks ago don't feel like eating. Like today I set up a dinner plan of Ham steak with mashed potatoes and veggies, and than when I got home from walking I had the 1/2 ham steak and 1/2c of potato salad on a bed of lettuce. Tonight I will eat lite again.

VICKIE-I still have twinges in my back,but its getting better,I walked today with my group wearing my back & knee braces.

NANCY-I'm the wrong person to advice you about morning,as I'm not a morning person, either is my friend Rita. I'm up and ready to go,but I like to sit on the computer until 10 AM and than I go out doors to get my walking,shopping and other activities done before I come home and have my main meal. In the afternoons if I don't go out with my friends I do some house work each day and than by 3 I start watching my TV program.

Have to go and get some chores done

Have a great day

Vickie
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Nancy, Jim has trouble sleeping too. It's a viscious cycle of staying up late and sleeping late. That's me. I read that one should not use the computer or anything backlit several hours before bedtime. When I was doing old Core, I had a little recipe that helped me sleep AND gave me my second milk for the day. I'd warm 8 oz of skim milk in the microwave and add about a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and a bit of splenda to taste. It helped a lot, was comforting, not fattening, and good for my old bones!

I'll let you know if I think of others.

Tejas
09-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I do either Vickie's warm milk routine, or wine in the hot tub, or melatonin. I don't know about wine AND melatonin, but if it's only a bit of each it's probably OK. I'd be drowsy in the morning if I used both at the same time I think.

I've read the stuff about no computers before bed, but I do read in bed. I don't fall asleep easily either.

Nancy, does it really matter if you prefer to take your time waking up?

nancy237
09-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the ideas...I am having a sleep over at my cousins tonight...

I don't like days where I sleep late and just get moving at noon..It just makes me feel behind before I get started..
Also I need to get a good sleep schedule going before I go back to work..

I never thought about melatonin & wine being a problem because I though melatonin was so natural..I need to read up on that..

Vickie
09-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm doing eye tests today, getting the mailbox repaired, and fighting with Sears. Sound fun? Come join me!

We met with the landscaper yesterday. He says taking care of our backyard filling in behind the pool will be no problem and not off the map expensive. I was happy to hear that. He's going to also pull out a couple of old ugly bushes in front and replace them with something else and relocate the stones that were under the pool to the front of the house. Should be nice and give us a little better curb appeal.

Gotta run.

Love and hugs to you all!

beach bum
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM

Had a bad night so again so slept until 9AM. Going to take it easy today,but I will go down to the beach and get some walking done as I have to get my speed up for the walking group.I felt bad to have left them so far behind and had to have the director walk with me alone and not them.

Will be back later have a great morning.

Tejas
09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Yesterday we beat the 1980 record of 69 days of 100F temperatures. We have had 70 days.

But, now, right now.....RAIN!!! :dancer: :dance:

ontarget
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I have been w/o internet service for over a day. Thank goodness I'm now back online. Talk about withdrawal!!:dizzy:

ontarget
09-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Vickie, I'm glad you saw the landscaper. You sound like things will go well. :clap: I'm happy for you.

We had at least 8 hummingbirds Monday evening. This is the sign that it's about time for them to head south. Today we've seen at least 4 at once. We're going to miss those little buggers. They certainly bring a lot of smiles to both of us.

OA meeting Monday night went well. I've dropped 1 of the 4 pounds I regained last week. Guess I'd best go change my signature. Have a good day, everyone!

Tejas
09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
I should let everyone know that we're leaving early Saturday morning on a week cruise. We're flying to NYC, sailing to Halifax, then Saint John, Portland, Boston and back to NYC.

I'll be on line if there is free service on the ship. I'm not taking my computer.

nancy237
09-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I should let everyone know that we're leaving early Saturday morning on a week cruise. We're flying to NYC, sailing to Halifax, then Saint John, Portland, Boston and back to NYC.

need me along to carry your bags :D

Tejas
09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Nancy, forget the porter's job, just jump on board!

jojo23
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Rhonda Please fling the odd sausage in the starboard side life boat... second from the bow. Two of your little fat friends will be stowed away in there. The cruise sounds wonderful, just the sort of thing we would love.

If I haven't lost weight this week I shall want to know why. I am walking so much that my knees are protesting more than usual.

I get rotten nights now and again nancy... sleep pattern all over the place. I don't like sleeping tablets so just get on the computer for an hour or so, or read my book then make sure I am up around 8am so that I have a chance of a good sleep the next night. It doesn't always work. I also have relaxation exercises on an MP3 which I tend to not use these days, goodness knows why

Tejas
09-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Jojo's mentioning the tapes remind me that sometimes, I just say "sleep, sleep, sleep....." again and again, with my breath. When my mind wanders, I just go to the mantra. It's the equivalent of counting sheep.

My nieces and I were joking that it must be hormonal because every man we know just falls asleep. :lol: That's not exactly true, of course.

beach bum
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM

Had to put the A/c on in the bedroom in order for me to sleep,my bed the other night look like I had a wrestling match in it.My friend Mary is having the same problem sleeping at night. She thinks is the humidity and the full moon that causing us to do so.

I'm going out to get my working done before the humidity comes back in.Like to get back to my 2 miles/30M . I'm only a 1/2 mile away. I got my hip brace from Harriet Carters catalog yesterday and I'm going to wear it today while walking. It seems like the doctor is correct when he mentioned that I'm favoring my left leg and that's the reason my right hip is hurting.Hopefully it will work.

I guess we all have sleep problems, I have sleeping pills also but I don't like to take them as they get you draggy in the morning.

RHONDA-I really feel sorry:sorry: for you people living in the south with those wicked temps. I thought it would break by now.

SANDRA- Congrats on :cheer3:your loss.At least you lost the 1.4 that's a start.

JOJO-You lost 4 lbs,maybe your body is resting before the next loss. I know that's what they used to say at the WW meeting.My doctor told me at one time that I'm giving my body mixed signals by walking too much. He told me to walk 3 x's a week but I do 5 and rest on the weekend. I'm losing about 1/2 a lb a week but I'm eating less. Just a thought.

Have a great day

Vickie
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
I slept horrible last night too. Cleaning lady is here now. I'm too ashamed to nap while she's here. It's date night....so I'm looking forward to that.

ontarget
09-15-2011, 12:50 PM
What's with us? I slept horribly last night, too.

Rhonda, I'm hiding in your luggage. Let me out after we set sail. You two have a great time.

Vickie, enjoy date night. Curtis and I have lunch dates every now and then. Today may be one of those days.

Maryann, even during 100+ temps, I normally use my heated mattress cover. That seems to help my aching joints.

Ya'll have a good day. Let's get some good sleep tonight.

This is Antique Alley weekend. I think I have talked about it here before. It's over 20 miles of garage sales, flea markets. Traffic can be extremely congested and dangerous. Yesterday a lady was run over and killed while at her mailbox. Sad.

nancy237
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Sandra..I should look into a heated mattress pad..I plan to keep the house cold this winter to save money and just heat the bathroom up when I shower. I like to sleep in the cold as long as my bed is warm ..

I slept awful last night too. Usually once I get to sleep , I sleep great.
My cat sleeps at the end of the bed and never wakes me but last night she pestered me all night. Then I woke with a headache. Now I am waiting on my car to be serviced . I thought I heard a clunk between gears...so I am wondering how expensive this could be ..

The lady that was going to tile my bathroom free was in a traffic accident and has hurt her back.. I am taking food over .. I may just hire it out because I will feel better when that bath is put back together..Vickie..I know you can appreciate that.. My thoughts are that even when her back is better , she will be behind with things..

Just realized this post sounds gloomy , but really I am feeling better emotionally and plan to deep clean my house this afternoon.

A friend recommended the book .. Same kind of Different as Me
She said it was great..I ordered it and hope it comes in time for my beach trip next week.

Tejas
09-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Same Kind of Different as Me is great! Do read it.

ontarget
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Nancy, that's a good idea to go ahead and get your bathroom completed. I'm sorry your friend got injured.

jojo23
09-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Thanks Tejas and Maryann. Good advice and I shall certainly follow it.
We are glued to the TV this morning, and probably all day; following the rescue attempt of the four trapped miners. One body has been found overnight so things are looking a bit bleak. I know Pontardawe well, I used to visit there when I was a little girl.

ontarget
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
JoJo, that is sad news. I am so sorry.

I'm waiting on the PC Doctor to get out of surgery so I can take our new PC in for a check up. It's not right that I have to do banking on the old laptop that's duct taped when I have this brand new one sitting right here. Life goes on.

beach bum
09-16-2011, 01:04 PM

We're have a very crisp morning,had to close my window last night as the temps dropped. Had to get out to get my car registration as its due in Oct. Got it on line for $100/2 years,but I felt the cold so I must bundle up if I want to go down to the beach.

Other wise nothing new,Have to see what's in the movies this weekend,hope its something good,that Mary and I will enjoy.

VICKIE-Sorry your not sleeping well,I had those for a couple of nights.,but now I sleeping again.Don't be afraid that your cleaning lady sees you napping. It your house and you do what you want.I wish I could nap but I can sleep during the day I need real darkness.

SANDRA A heated mattress cover never heard of them. I use my sleep # bed that has a wave vibrator to have my tired body and joints.My hip just started hurting me,think I must go to the doctor and have him manipulate it back in to the socket.

NANCY-Do you have a fireplace to keep up house warm????Your joints don't bother you when you keep your house to lower temps.I'm going to use my insert gas fireplace like I did last year. It heats the whole downstairs in a 1/2 hrs and all is comfy. We bought this unit 10 years ago,it was expensive but now its paying for itself.So noise between the gears,did you check if you have transmission fluid????????I also have my car fluids checked when I have my inspection.So sorry about your friend being in a auto accident hope she wasn't hurt bad.Don't start a project before you know that it will be completed.

JOJO-Your welcome,Hope that it will be the case. Sorry about the miners,it a very sad when men are trapped below.

Have to go and start dinner

ems81wales
09-16-2011, 02:38 PM
hey ladies hope your all well?

Nancy im feeling better this week thanks still havent heard off that friend :( her loss.

I lost half a ln this week 4lbs until goal :D xxx

nancy237
09-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Maryann..I am interested in what brand gas insert you have ...

Long story but I have a $7000 insurance check for a cracked chimney from a chimney fire.. Now I must decide whether to repair
1)as a masonary fireplace 2) put in gas ventless insert 3) put in efficient woodstove

At least that is what I understood as the choices...

And yes, my bones get cold but I jump in the hottub to warm them up LOL
Robin kept the house cozy the last few years with a woodstove but I had to remove it because of creosote build up in the chimney that caused a fire & chimney damage.. He was so proud of using that old family woodstove , I am gald he didn't know it caused problems before he died.

I usually love this house in the summer because of the pool and hate it in the winter because it is cold & drafty.

My car repair turned out to be nothing..my imagination and no charge..Nice ..

I had my first session at the gym with a peronal trainer..I like her..She gets where I am at and that my first week goal is coming thru the front door and learning to use the locker & headphones LOL.

Tejas
09-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Those are great first week goals, Nancy. It took me a long time to get the locks on the lockers down :lol:

OK, folks, we are out of here at the crack of dawn. I'll check in when I can
:wave:

jojo23
09-17-2011, 03:15 AM
I have lost the 2.5 pounds I gained plus another half pound so I am a pound down and very happy, but my knees kept me awake last night, they were so sore! Going to take it easy this coming week.

The 4 minors have died. It looks like it was as soon as the water hit them. 3 got out at the time of the accident, 2 are OK but the 3rd is in an induced coma. At least the relatives no longer have that dreadful waiting and wondering time. Bad as it is, they now know for sure.

ems81wales
09-17-2011, 09:31 AM
well done jojo x

beach bum
09-17-2011, 11:07 AM

Its bitter cold:brr: out wow!! what happened to autumn I think it passed us and now winter hovering with temps 47 degrees. Our trees are getting brown no color this year caused by the salty sprays from the ocean during Hurricane Irene.

Not going out today except for milk and Bisquick heart healthy biscuit mix for my impossible pies which I'm going to make a chicken parm pie some time early next week.

Tomorrow Mary and I are going to see" I Don't Know How She Does It" With Sarah Jessica Parker, Pierce Brosnan, Kelsey Grammer & Christina Hendricks. After that we will head out to our favorite local restaurant for a bit to eat.

Got on the scale :goodscale:this morning and I now down to 162.5 the lowest I have been since early 2009. All I can say is has to do with the eating a 1 c of Greek yogurt around 3PM and than by the time supper rolls around 7PM I'm not as hungry like I was.

NANCY-When we moved into these town houses the fireplace was more of a decoration type than an working one so we decided in 2006 to buy an insert and we landed up with a gas stove insert. I have a gas stove insert by Warnock Hersey Inc.build into my fireplace.The company I bought & installed it was from the Bow & Arrow Stove and Fireplaces.

JOJO-Congrats :bravo: on your lost pounds.I knew you were going to do it. Please take it easy if you have sore knees or muscles,you need to give the body a rest I exercise :running: 5 x's a week and on the weekends I rest.

Have to go, have a gret day

ems81wales
09-18-2011, 08:58 AM
maryann its been cold here for a few weeks and the leafs off the trees have been on the floor for weeks aswell we didnt have much of a summer at all here in the uk x

pam920
09-18-2011, 11:50 AM
hi chicks. Back from my trip. Had a great time, but sadly gained 2 lbs. I knew I would. I have gained 10 lbs since I left Florida in April. I will be returning to FL in Oct, and hopefully will be able to lose it.

ems, we were both losing together and I got lazy. You are doing so great, and I need to think of you when I want something that will pack on the lbs.

jojo, you go girl. I guess I'm just lazy.

Maryann, congrats on your weight loss too. It's cooled down here. Suppose to be in 70's and low 80's, which is a nice change from the high 90s we've had all summer.

beach bum
09-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Got up too late to post this morning.It was another cold evening so I called my gas man to come over and dust and clean the gas insert so it will run efficiently during the winter months.

My friend Mary neighbor from NY wants to go to the movies with us,but she likes to eat in the theater and we go to 99 Rest instead. So Mary doesn't know if that will change her mind not going out with us. If she comes with us,I will be able to have a great conversation about good old New York.

EMS- I love the cooler days but I think our bodies are not used to it with all this heat we had in July & Aug. Our leaves lost there color due to the salty spray the ocean and wind put on them. It looks like winter is just around the corner. I'm really impressed with your weight loss you are really doing great.

PAM-Don't beat yourself up you'll lose again. Vacations always do havoc with our dieting. Thanks, Hope it will continue downward,I'd like to get to break out of the 160's before the end of the month.

Have a great day

jojo23
09-19-2011, 04:27 AM
New pages up and running