Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 9/12 - 9/18

Diana3271
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

shishkeberry
09-11-2011, 08:47 PM
:lol: I didn't realize you were making a new thread. I should have just posted here!

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I am on plan! Tomorrow is weigh day.

mamakat
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
ItsMyTurn He's going to Dragoone (I think that's how you spell it). He of course will stay with his dad in Glendale (with pool) and then drive 3.5 hours there and back for the day. He's also working at the Heard Museum while there to make the trip worth the money/expenditures. I hate when he leaves for long periods of time. If we lived in AZ I'd at least have friends and family to go see. It sucks to be this isolated. Anyway :p

Shish I hope you start feeling better and get some food in you. I'm struggling with that myself. Couldn't DF have called in and let them know he had a seizure, I would think he'd have to rest after that. IDK though as I have never known anyone who has had them. Hope his tongue heals soon :)

Looks like tomorrow's exercise will be mowing the lawn as we didn't do it this weekend with our long walks and all. While walking in our neighborhood we saw many many lawns that died due to the salt water. DH said he wish he would have thought of something to get the water onto our grass. :lol: On the day of the flood he was practically crying because of the water. He cracks me up.

Have a good night everyone and see you tomorrow :)

Diana3271
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I am on plan! Tomorrow is weigh day.

I hope you have a great weigh in. Let us know how it goes. :carrot:

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Official weigh day.... 180.5 (down one pound)!

Goal: Stay on Plan! Stay focused! And....Stay ACCOUNTABLE!

DZackery
09-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Morning,

Just thought I would check in for the day. Another week begins, so I will probably be MIA or lurking for the nex few days. I have my first formal observation by my UCF coordinator tomorrow and I go to take one of my last two teaching certification tests on wednesday morning. OMG for $150 I hope I pass it the first time.

Anywho...off to wake the kiddies. Happy day to all! :)

still
09-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone!

Weighed in this AM at 173, but I'm sure a lot of it is water weight, as we went out for dinner last night. The food was very salty, almost too salty for me these days. Guess my taste buds have changed a bit. Other than dinner and the sodium (I was on plan as far as calories go) I've had a rockin' on plan weekend!

My little dude starts preschool today! Holy cow!

IsabellaOlivia, you asked in the other thread about not liking plain water all the time. I flavor mine with lemons or lemon juice a lot, but I add a touch of splenda to cut the tartness. The other thing that I do is cut up cucumber slices and add them to water! It tastes so good, so crisp and yummy.

mamakat
09-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Weekly weigh in 231.2 a total loss for the week 2.6 lbs. Not bad. I saw 230 yesterday, but I'm OK with this number too. :)

berryblondeboys
09-12-2011, 07:19 AM
And more ovuation weight gain is piling on. 1.2 pounds in one day, 2 pounds in 2 days wow! No wonder I usually never see any weight loss for a few weeks usually. My hormones go gang busters on adding water weight! At least with this delayed ovulation, I got a break from the stall and I understand what's happening.

Diana3271
09-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Hello and Good Morning! :wave: Let's make it a great week! :carrot:

Weigh In: 146.0 (TTOM)
Down: .6

WannaBeLoserAgain Great job on that pound!

DZackery Good luck on your exam and all of your goings on this week! Have a great week!

still Great job on the on plan weekend! Give the little one an extra hug for the first day of school!

mamakat Congrats on the 2.6 pounds!

Diana3271
09-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Berry Hang in there. At least you know and understand what's going on with your body.

jomatho
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Hey there, just stopping by really quick, had a crappy sleep last night but still had to get up with the kids this morning so I had my coffee, and now I feel like I can't fall back to sleep. Plus, if I sleep today, I probably won't get a good sleep tonight :dizzy:. We'll see how the day goes. I cancelled my morning walk with my friend and don't feel like I could run right now either. If it has to be a day off from working out, so be it. My mind wants to work out because I hate to miss a day so soon again, but right now my body is saying nooooo.
I lost my water weight from yesterday, back to 182.2. Thought I would be lower than that this morning since I was only 183.6 last night before bed and I am usually about 3# down in the morning, but not today for some reason. Maybe because I didn't sleep well and also I am weighing in 2-3 hours earlier on the weekdays than the weekends. My weight continues to drop in the mornings. Wonder why that happens?
Not sure if I stopped back by yesterday, but I did get a 3 mile run in, it was a little bit of a rough one, had to work through the mental wanting to stop thing.
Eating was on plan yesterday too, although I was under calories and I have been trying to watch that, especially on days I workout. Will make sure I eat all my calories today.
Hope everyone has a great day/week :wave:

mamakat
09-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Jomatho my weight drops during the morning too. My lowest weight is normally during 10-11, but since I'm waking up and moving around now with the kids I decided to take the first weigh of the morning. It's higher, but it still shows a weekly drop.

Hope you can get some rest :)

berryblondeboys
09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Jomatho and mamakat I usually weigh the least right before dinner and when i first wake up. Since I have to take thyroid medicine, I weight first thing in the morning and then drink a big glass of water and take the thyroid pill.

I usually lose 2 lbs during the night, but last night only 8 ounces. I'm soooo holding water - still from that salty food and from ovulation gain. I'll probably gain more before losing again too. My hope is for this cycle to get to 70 pounds lost. That would make me sooooo happy!

Vixsin
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow am I glad to see last week go and get gone! After the wonderful wedding, party-filled weekend I had, I was immediately sent straight to CrazyTown because of all of my newly acquired school work that was piled up. Not to mention a house that needed cleaning and everything else that life has to offer.

I feel like I am finally able to peek my head out again. I weighed in at 190.8 which is down .6 from yesterday. I am happy about that. I did great with my eating yesterday. I planned out all of our meals and stuck to it. So far today, I am on track as well. I got a GREAT workout in yesterday...I did 40 mins on the treadmill run/walk and then Bob Harper's 20 min beginner strength routine. It was amazing.

My exercise for today is going to be house cleaning for my hour after work. I'm going to try for a 30 min incline walk tonight after Maxwell goes to bed. Nothing too hardcore because I want to do strength/jog again tomorrow.

__________________________________________________ __
Diana: Good Morning!! :wave:
Shish: :lol:
WannaBe: Great job on that weigh in! You're doing great!
Mamakat: I need to mow my yard too. My house is starting to look like it's abandoned! :lol:
DZ: Good luck on Wednesday if we dont see you!!!! :crossed:
Still: Cucumber slices in your water? Really? I find that interesting.
Berry: I think my ovulation stuff is starting too. I'm drinking water like a FIEND!!!
Jo: Great job on getting rid of that water!

Ill check back later at lunch!

themilesawaygirl
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick check-in to say I'm back from holiday. Not had time to post today but I'll try and get on this evening and catch up a bit. Hope everyone is well. x

Sum38
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
LOL...I was left behind again, just talking to myself :) :)

K9Owner
09-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi All :wave:
I'll be back later for an update!
Sooooo glad it's Monday!

:carrot: I DID GOOD on a WKND!! :carrot:

ItsMyTurn
09-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, catch up time... here we go...
*mamakat* Yay on your loss!! :carrot: That's a pretty significant loss in a week too!!!!! Glendale would be part of the Phoenix Metro area, but with a pool it's doable (that's how we cool down). I'm not familiar with Dragoon, so now have learned my "something new" for today :) Have you all ever thought of moving back in the area? I would definitely count mowing the lawn as exercise, it's exertion for sure! Unless you have a riding mower, then that doesn't count, :lol:

*Linda* Great job with your weigh in! One pound less to lose in the big spectrum!

*DZ* Hi!!!! Good luck on the certification test!

*Nikki* Amazing how our tastes change and what we become accustomed to. Your son is getting so big, pre-school is quite a milestone! :)

*Melissa* At least you know enough to understand why the scale is moving in the other direction instead of not knowing and worrying ;)

*Diana* Great job on your loss!! .6 loss is way better than seeing the dreaded gain during TOM :)

*Jomatho* Sorry to hear of your restless night - sounds like it threw ya out of whack. I have no doubt you will stay OP with nutrition if you need a rest day with fitness :)

*Vixsin* Great job on your workout - sounds like you had a crazy week last week!

*Miles* Welcome back!

*Kristiina* I was back there with ya! :lol: ! Glad we caught up with everyone now though

*Krystal* Glad to hear you did well over the weekend! YAY!

As for me... I snuck on the scale to see myself down some more, and SOOOO close to Onederland goal. My official weigh in is Wednesday and despite physical limitations the last week plus, I am confident if I don't hit that goal, then I will only be a shake away. I ate my calories that the nutritionist set for me yesterday, and trying to hit it again today... I know it is double important on the days when exercise may not be able to happen :)

DZackery
09-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Checking in for 5 seconds while I have it. Getting everything ready for my observation tomorrow. I have a fabulous day planned out as long as I get my homework done tonight. :) Youngest DS got sent home today with a "fever".....grrrrrr.....least DH was great enough to leave work and get him. Anyway, DS #2 got in trouble at school so he is going to bed early. I'm off.

Diana3271
09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Jomatho Did you get a workout in? I hope you rest better tonight.

Vixsin Hi :wave: Good to see you. Glad you had a great weekend!

TheMilesAwaygirl Hi :wave: Glad to see you back.

Sum I keep forgetting about posting a link to the new check in. Sorry about that. Now, what's my excuse for talking to myself? :rofl:

K9 Great job on your weekend!

ItsMyTurn Woo Hoo! I can't wait! We are getting ready to have a new member to Onederland! :dance: I am so happy for you!

DZackery It sounds like another action packed day for you. Hang in there.

Diana3271
09-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Total Approx 1445 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (705 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
6 ounce sirloin 275 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 220 calories
Dove Dark Chocolate 50 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog
TF Fire 45

Vixsin
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Leftover spaghetti and meatballs for Maxwell tonight. I stuck with my chicken breast and salad with some balsamic that I had for lunch. :drool: When I get on a kick....I sure get on it! LOL

Managed some quality time with the treadmill tonight! :yay: That's a victory all by itself...2 days in a row. Seems like such a long time ago when I was in the groove of a regular workout routine. I am happy and anxious to see those days return! :) 25 mins today - got a little run, 1 2-minute sprint and some major incline walking. It felt great! I worked up more of a sweat than I thought I was going to.

:crossed: Hoping that I'll see some downward movement on the scale. I am desperately trying to get back into the swing of things before TOM's water shows up!!

Today has been good. I plan on doing it again tomorrow. :) Feels good to be back in the swing with you guys!!! :grouphug:

ItsMyTurn: Hang in there! You're right there!!! You're doing great.

K9: :wave:

K9Owner
09-12-2011, 11:10 PM
:flow1: HI ALASKAN!!!! (I know you're reading this) :flow1:

Miles: Glad to see you back! How was your trip?

Star: :yay: Look at that TICKER!!!! Celebrating early with you, gf!! :yay:

DZ: Thanks for the website info, but we, unfortunately, DO NOT have one of those shops here! Darn it! Good thing I like online shopping!

Vix: Great job staying OP. You are one BUSY mom! :crossed: Hope the scale cooperates with you soon!

Diana: :wave: I love seeing you and Magnum. :hug:

Kristiina: Were you answering yourself as well? :rofl: We give meds for this where I work! :D {totally kidding}

WannaBe: :yay: on your loss this week!

MamaKat: Hope you guys are drying out by now! :crossed: NO MORE HURRICANES!!

Nikki: What are you planning to do with all your “spare” time while Liam is in school?

Melissa: Hope ovulation water weight leaves you soon! Glad you’re enjoying Zumba so much :)

Jo: :hug: Sleep will make me stall every time! Which just so happens to have been for 6 straight weeks! :tantrum:
BTW, repeat to self throughout the day—“I am a strong, fit runner. I train 3x/week” Then, say the “strong, fit”
part with a GREAT DEAL of emphasis—like you’re literally shouting to yourself --STRONG FIT!
Eventually, you will convert the bad thoughts into positive ones and that dreadmill will not be so dreadful! :D

K9Owner
09-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Afm

I made an entire post and erased it! :tantrum:

Sunday
1258 total cals
Walk:250
Water: 72 oz

Monday
1483 total cals
Walk: 303
Water: 80 oz

still
09-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Hello, everyone!

K9- Well, yesterday I went grocery shopping -by myself- and made cupcakes for a friend's birthday. I think I might use the extra time to sneak extra workouts in, so my evenings aren't dominated by exercise. Yay for you, rockin out your weekend! I have a hard time with weekends, they tend to get away from me tracking wise.

Vixsin- Yay for hitting the treadmill two days in a row! You are totally getting back in the groove!

Diana3271- Hi! :wave:

DZackery- good luck on your observation today! Let us know how it goes!

ItsMyTurn- I know! I feel like my little man was just born yesterday, and now he has a book bag and teachers and I ask him what he did in preschool and he giggles and says "play" and won't say anything else. You are so so close to Onederland, we are all here ready to celebrate with you! What an accomplishment!

Sum- Hello! How are you feeling?

themilesawaygirl- Hi! :wave:

Melissa- Hello! wow, almost to 70 lbs lost. You are an inspiration to me.

mamakat- Hi! :wave: Funny thing, about your spider stories- I'm usually TERRIFIED of spiders. But yesterday DS and I were playing outside and a really big, weird looking one ran by, and I took a close look at it and thought, wonder if mamakat would know what kind this is? :)

jomatho- Good for you, sticking to your run even when you wanted to quit.

Wannabeloseragain- Hi! :wave:

Shish- :wave: Hi!

As for me, morning weigh in was back to 171, just like I thought it would be. I had a great on plan day yesterday, coming in at roughly 1400 cal. My workout buddy bailed on me, but I still dragged myself to the gym and did a light workout for about 150 cal burned. Its nice to see my weight creeping back down again- it was a little disheartening to keep on plan and watch my weight creep up, due to the meds.

I did not get enough sleep last night at all. I'm draggin this morning.

DS had a fabulous first day at school! He loves it and can't wait to go back.

Hope you guys all have a fabulous day!

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Morning everyone. I think I have ovulated, so now we shall see. .4 of the water weight left me which is GREAT! Body Pump this evening, but man, I need to start cleaning my house. It's a wreck!

mamakat
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Day #2 without DH, he made it to AZ alright, sort of...bad flights. I had issues with my neighbors, this neighborhood has always been weird. With construction, I've been parking a street away. Well yesterday after dropping off the kids, I found my neighbor's car in my driveway, in my spot! Well if I have to walk they darn well should be or at least not park in my spot! So I was a grumpy puss yesterday and I tend to let everyone know...including the crackhead neighbor!

OK, rant over. I got half the mowing in yesterday as my kids are not cooperating with me, punks :p I'd like to do the boardwalk walk again, but the sun has been so shiny :lol: I think only crazy people complain about the sun.

ItsMyTurn we have been discussing moving back for some time now. DH's father's house is an official hub of the company so AZ is a good idea to put in a real office. DH just doesn't want to rock the boat with the other two partners, but after a stint in the hospital (me) he realized we don't have a support system here and he had to take the kids with him to AZ for a week while he worked. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and that was really hard for him and expensive! Flying your kids to a babysitter in near insane :D

Still I don't know spiders by name, except the wolf, tarantula, daddy long leg and black widow. But if you ever get the chance (usually in a web) if you look close you'll find that some outdoors spiders (in my house in doors too) are really beautiful in color. Some have stripes and some have spots. The really big ones like wolfs spin cone webs that are super cool. And did you know that daddy long legs aren't spiders at all...they don't spin webs. Yep, I'm fascinated. Don't get me started on snake :p

Sum I hope you are feeling better.

Krystal how are the walks coming, are you enjoying them?

Diana good morning :wave:

DZ trouble at school so soon? How are the bites?

Oh my goodness look at the time. I need to get dressed and run the kids to school! Geez. If DH isn't here to keep me on track I will wander off into the woods. I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

Diana3271
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I have noticed that this month I am more tired with TTOM, especially in the morning when I try to wake up. I am even getting to bed earlier.

Weigh In: 146.4 (TTOM)
Up: .4

zoodoo613
09-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Mornin' everyone.

I've been in such a funk that I haven't had much to say, though I've been in here following everyone. It was mostly just the normal stuff that's been going on, topped with the WORST PMS I've ever experienced. Part of me suspected that's what it was, but TOM also hit several days early, enough to make me question what was going on. Week long headache, bad case of the stuff-your-face, and just miserable emotionally. I haven't exercised in over a week. Didn't track food over the weekend. I didn't go nuts, I just didn't track. Bodies being what they are, however, I saw a new low this morning, 189.4. I probably wont' see it again for a while, because that's the way I tend to do things, but it's nice to break into a new decade after toying with it for 3 weeks.

lissvarna
09-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I've been eating better & working out daily for 2 wks and I saw my first loss today, 1.5lbs! Yay :)

Diana3271
09-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I've been eating better & working out daily for 2 wks and I saw my first lost today, 1.5lbs! Yay :)

lissvarna Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congratulations on the loss! Keep it going!

mamakat
09-13-2011, 09:02 AM
lissvarna :welcome: congrats on the loss...keep going!

zoodoo nice to see you. sorry things are bluck for you right now but happy that you are seeing the new low. seems like lots of ladies are having trouble with TOM. what a pain. hope your week gets better :)

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Mornin' everyone.

I've been in such a funk that I haven't had much to say, though I've been in here following everyone. It was mostly just the normal stuff that's been going on, topped with the WORST PMS I've ever experienced. Part of me suspected that's what it was, but TOM also hit several days early, enough to make me question what was going on. Week long headache, bad case of the stuff-your-face, and just miserable emotionally. I haven't exercised in over a week. Didn't track food over the weekend. I didn't go nuts, I just didn't track. Bodies being what they are, however, I saw a new low this morning, 189.4. I probably wont' see it again for a while, because that's the way I tend to do things, but it's nice to break into a new decade after toying with it for 3 weeks.

I'm sorry you've been in a funk - TTOM hormones and all this rain and cloud cover doesn't help the mood at ALL. But on the new low!!!

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Day #2 without DH, he made it to AZ alright, sort of...bad flights. I had issues with my neighbors, this neighborhood has always been weird. With construction, I've been parking a street away. Well yesterday after dropping off the kids, I found my neighbor's car in my driveway, in my spot! Well if I have to walk they darn well should be or at least not park in my spot! So I was a grumpy puss yesterday and I tend to let everyone know...including the crackhead neighbor!

OK, rant over. I got half the mowing in yesterday as my kids are not cooperating with me, punks :p I'd like to do the boardwalk walk again, but the sun has been so shiny :lol: I think only crazy people complain about the sun.

ItsMyTurn we have been discussing moving back for some time now. DH's father's house is an official hub of the company so AZ is a good idea to put in a real office. DH just doesn't want to rock the boat with the other two partners, but after a stint in the hospital (me) he realized we don't have a support system here and he had to take the kids with him to AZ for a week while he worked. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and that was really hard for him and expensive! Flying your kids to a babysitter in near insane :D

Your life in AZ and your life on the coast in CT has to be completely different worlds - newer homes, older homes, dessert, wet weather year round, no snow, ssnow, etc Wow... Being a northern US states gal, I don't think I would be happy in the south, but you are a southern US gal, right? I don't know... moving close to support always seems good to me.

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Your life in AZ and your life on the coast in CT has to be completely different worlds - newer homes, older homes, dessert, wet weather year round, no snow, ssnow, etc Wow... Being a northern US states gal, I don't think I would be happy in the south, but you are a southern US gal, right? I don't know... moving close to support always seems good to me. But then, your kids are almost grown too.

Diana3271
09-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Zoodoo I hope you start feeling better. :hug: Congrats on the new low on the scale! :carrot:

K9Owner
09-13-2011, 09:31 AM
ZooDoo: Sorry you are in a funk! Hope you feel better soon!

Lissvarna: :welcome3:

Celebrating 160 days today :carrot:
I have felt sooooo thin over the past few days.
I think this new regime is working well! :crossed: hoping this plateau leaves soon!
It is going to be gorgeous and HOT here today :sunny:
You all know I will LOVE that!
I am going to work a few hours tonight, so I have a busy Tuesday.

My MIL kept my older K9 while Riv was with me last week/wknd camping, and I am going to take her a "happi" gift as a "thank you" at work. She will be so surprised! I haven't decided what to take yet. I want to get her an Edible Arrangement of some sort. I enjoy making these for friends. Below is one I made.

Happy OP day to all of you. I'll check in later today.

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 09:44 AM
ZooDoo: Sorry you are in a funk! Hope you feel better soon!

Lissvarna: :welcome3:

Celebrating 160 days today :carrot:
I have felt sooooo thin over the past few days.
I think this new regime is working well! :crossed: hoping this plateau leaves soon!
It is going to be gorgeous and HOT here today :sunny:
You all know I will LOVE that!
I am going to work a few hours tonight, so I have a busy Tuesday.

My MIL kept my older K9 while Riv was with me last week/wknd camping, and I am going to take her a "happi" gift as a "thank you" at work. She will be so surprised! I haven't decided what to take yet. I want to get her an Edible Arrangement of some sort. I enjoy making these for friends. Below is one I made.

Happy OP day to all of you. I'll check in later today.

That is great! I haven't made one of those yet, but I plan too! Way better than chocolates or cookies... Though... I think I want to make a cookie bouquet for my mentee this year instead of giving her flowers when she does the nutcracker performance.

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Hmmm... I'm realizing that when I make a smoothie for breakfast that a. it satisfies my need for something sweet in the morning. b. it's quick and easy c. My son loves it for breakfast too and it's far healthier than the poptarts he often grabs and d. it keeps me full for a long time despite being under 150 calories.

I think I need to make smoothies every single day - I can change up the fruit too to keep it interesting. Today was mango and blueberry - yum!

Vixsin
09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Down 1.4 this morning! :cheer2: Thank you routine! I will never doubt you again!

So....YAY!!!!!! LOL :woohoo: :woohoo:

It feels good to know exactly what to do and then DO IT. It amazes me how our bodies pay off sometimes. I am focused today too. All food is packed and thinking stir fry for dinner tonight. Today is treadmill...I'm going for my 3rd attempt at: 5min @ 3.5 mph, 10min @ 5.5, 10 min @3.9 w/inclines, 5min @ 5.5, 5min @ 3.9 w/inclines, 5min @ 3.5. After that, I want to do Bob's 20 min strength.

Sidebar to Bob's strength workout: Holy sneaky sore muscles, batman!!! I did the workout Sunday afternoon and by last night, I could really feel it in my chest. My abs hurt big time too. The ab section is not long at ALL! I am amazed at how much of an impact it had on me right away. As sick as it sounds, I'm looking forward to seeing how sore I am once I actually add weights to the workout. LOL
Lissvarna: :welcome2: Congrats on that loss!

mamakat
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
never guess what is crawling out of my hair this morning. They are actually driving me crazy right now. This is the third time this summer!

vixsin congrats on the loss, awesome.

Berry yes, I'm a southern girl, although I was born in IL (moved to AZ at 11mos). It was very hard moving here with an infant as I had no idea what to do with babies, never held one until I had one. Diapers were a mystery :) My kids have never had a babysitter and have never been left alone for great periods of time, although my eldest is old enough to babysit. It would be a whole different world if we moved as I have never made friends here and back in AZ I have several. I wish DH could just do, but I would never ever pressure him. I love CT, love, love, love it. But I hate being so isolated and lonely. I miss talking to people and having a friend on friend time. It's weird to think I have been friendless for over 15 years. BUT that's life :p

OK I have to go find away to get these buggers out. They are bugging me. If its the webs on my glasses its the itch in my scalp. I swear if I didn't love them, I'd hire an exterminator :p JK little guys, Kat loves you :p I crack myself up. They are tickling my ears...shower here I come!

jomatho
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
never guess what is crawling out of my hair this morning. They are actually driving me crazy right now. This is the third time this summer!

vixsin congrats on the loss, awesome.

Berry yes, I'm a southern girl, although I was born in IL (moved to AZ at 11mos). It was very hard moving here with an infant as I had no idea what to do with babies, never held one until I had one. Diapers were a mystery :) My kids have never had a babysitter and have never been left alone for great periods of time, although my eldest is old enough to babysit. It would be a whole different world if we moved as I have never made friends here and back in AZ I have several. I wish DH could just do, but I would never ever pressure him. I love CT, love, love, love it. But I hate being so isolated and lonely. I miss talking to people and having a friend on friend time. It's weird to think I have been friendless for over 15 years. BUT that's life :p

OK I have to go find away to get these buggers out. They are bugging me. If its the webs on my glasses its the itch in my scalp. I swear if I didn't love them, I'd hire an exterminator :p JK little guys, Kat loves you :p I crack myself up. They are tickling my ears...shower here I come!

I just threw up in my mouth! Going to take my own shower now, just in case. . .

mamakat
09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Jomatho LOL sorry. I think it's short hair. I'm growing it out :lol: Oh and I'm putting on my shoes and going for the walk. I washed my hair.

jomatho
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Jomatho LOL sorry. I think it's short hair. I'm growing it out :lol: Oh and I'm putting on my shoes and going for the walk. I washed my hair.

:lol: I am not scared of everyday spiders (big ones, thats another story), but once you start talking about them nesting on my body somewhere or crawling on me, :yikes: then I start getting the heebie jeebies. Where I used to work, the hallways had drop ceilings and every once in a while, you'd be walking and one would be hanging right in front of you. Don't even want to know about the ones I didn't see that took a ride on my head or shoulder! My dad is somewhat like you, he will catch them in a dixie cup and piece of paper and let them outside! Drove us girls crazy.

jomatho
09-13-2011, 12:11 PM
So today is better than yesterday, caught up on some sleep last night and got my workout in right away since I was a slacker yesterday.
Did the usual workout today, walk for an hour with my friend and 2.5 miles of running on the treadmill BUT,
I am having a nutrition problem of sorts now. I cannot seem to get through my workouts without my stomach growling like crazy and my energy waxes and wanes. I actually got off the treadmill after 1 mile and went to eat a granola bar (only because it was the easiest thing to grab), then continued on my run. It stopped the horrible empty pit feeling in my stomach, but didn't seem to help with the energy and I didn't like the feeling of food in my stomach while I finished my run. I have been resisting it, but I know I need to start eating before working out, just trying to figure out what I should eat. Can't eat fruit or yogurt in the morning, too sweet, but may be able to do oatmeal or a protein drink, but I am thinking the emphasis should be carbs, right? Also, why do you guys think I used to be able to knock out a good workout before eating and now I can't? Matter of fact, I am hungrier across the board lately. I may have to start a new thread about this, it is perplexing and frustrating me to no end. I still have plenty of fat for my body to burn, that's for sure!
I guess I should just experiment the next couple days and see what feels best. Any suggestions are welcome, what works for you guys for pre/post workout snacks if you have them?

themilesawaygirl
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Jo - when I used to make it to my morning work outs (feels like an age ago, has only really been a couple of weeks) I used to have a banana first thing, then it takes around 45mins to get to the gym so by then that would be just enough to keep me going.

When I've worked out in the morning I always make sure I have a protein breakfast when I get to the office - how do you like eggs on toast, or a simple ham & tomato salad? I can't count the number of times I've been told the importance of having protein pre/post workouts, it really does make a difference :)

Also, maybe you're finding the workouts harder because you're in a rut? Have you tried doing something totally different to kick start your metabolism? If you get used to something too much your body can start to fatigue more quickly. Try something like skipping / HIITS training for a couple of days and see if that helps re-awaken your energy!

Good luck to you!

jomatho
09-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Jo - when I used to make it to my morning work outs (feels like an age ago, has only really been a couple of weeks) I used to have a banana first thing, then it takes around 45mins to get to the gym so by then that would be just enough to keep me going.

When I've worked out in the morning I always make sure I have a protein breakfast when I get to the office - how do you like eggs on toast, or a simple ham & tomato salad? I can't count the number of times I've been told the importance of having protein pre/post workouts, it really does make a difference :)

Also, maybe you're finding the workouts harder because you're in a rut? Have you tried doing something totally different to kick start your metabolism? If you get used to something too much your body can start to fatigue more quickly. Try something like skipping / HIITS training for a couple of days and see if that helps re-awaken your energy!

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the suggestions, I may be able to do a banana, that's not as sweet to me as fruit or yogurt. So is it carb before and protien after, or should I add some protein before also? Post workout is easy, that's usually breakfast and most often eggs and an english muffin or something like that. Not sure about the rut thing. I wasn't running much at all this summer, so this is the first month in about 3 that I am really putting much mileage in. You know as I have been thinking about this, I wonder if the walk beforehand is the difference. Since we have been walking, this is the first month I am pushing my running again. Maybe that hour of walking before is just enough to deplete my glycogen stores.

K9Owner
09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Jo: Pre-running fuel should consist of a non-processed carb & a protein.
I usually eat PB Oats before a run, but have been known to eat a Powerbar as well. I do better if the snack is between 200-300 cals, depending on how long I'm running.

Other suggestions:
2 T Almond or PB, banana, 1 slice of Ezekiel bread :drool: (~380 cals 52 carbs 11 protein)
Greek Fruit Yogurt, like peach or strawberry-banana for carbs (~160 cals, 19 carbs 14 protein)
Green Monster (whey protein, banana or plain greek yogurt, almond milk, spinach, flax) (~325 cals 32 carbs 32 protein)
Friendship No Added Salt Cottage Cheese w/ fresh pineapple (~ 140 cals 17 carbs 17 protein)

Vixsin
09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Jo: I've heard and read many times that we should have a carb and protein approx. 45 min before working out and then have protein within 45 mins after working out. It makes a BIG difference for me when I workout after work. I have my snack at 3pm if I plan on being on the treadmill by 4. I've noticed a difference in my energy. Hope you find what works for you!! :hug:

mamakat
09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

OK I am exhausted! Another 90 minute walk in the sun. I had a terrible headache afterwards, but I'm super duper glad I did it. Now I've got to come up with a dinner idea and then go buy it at the store. Waa, I'm so tired. But I've got to do it. I said I would make my calories and I'm going to do my best to do it. I've eaten 600 already :) So what can I eat low carb and 1,000 calories? Any ideas?

Hope you all have a good evening. :)

DZackery
09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Just a quicky for the night. I need to get studying for my test tomorrow. The evaluation went pretty good but it was a rough start to the morning....

1. Alarm went off at 5, hit snooze and woke up a free-king 6.
2. Forgot to pack lunch.
3. Supervising teacher had car trouble and got there late.

EEEPS! Everything went well except I sweated like crazy from nerves and I felt barfy before school. LOL Comments were positive, with a couple suggestions...like be more animated when your doing the morning music *lady, you're lucky I'm even singing.* LOL

MamaKat- HEHE DS #2 is trouble. He's not bad...just...lively.:devil::D LOL He really tries very hard to please but he's just turned 5, very immature and extremely smart...He apparently did not like the results of his bad behavior grade yesterday because he brought home a smiley today. ;):carrot::hug:
Well hope everyone has a great night!

Thanks for all the good lucks!

Vixsin
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Managed a great workout. 35 min on the treadmill. walk/jog/incline walking. Love it!! Tomorrow's plan is Yoga. More reading to do for school tonite. :crossed:

jomatho
09-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the snack suggestions guys. I probably won't run tomorrow, just a walk because I have to come right home at 9:00 to call the vet. One of my cats is not eating and acting very sluggish the last couple days. Poor thing. I may have a snack prior to my walk though just in case they can't see him until later in the day and I am able to run. I bought some bananas today and will try banana with peanut butter to start with. Sounded so good I had one right when I got home from the store! I also bought some unsalted almonds for another option.
K9, that green monster sounds delish! I am going to try that when I go to the real grocery store for greek yogurt (just went to the fruit market today). Did you get your cartwheel in today? I laughed when I saw that at the bottom of your post the other day! :lol:
Vixsin, you are on fire girl, I can read the enthusiasm in your voice!!!
DZ, sounds like a hectic day, hope you get to relax a little now.
MamaKat, you are tearing up those workouts! Hope you found something good to make the kiddos!
Zoodoo, hope you are feeling better today!
Diana32, :wave: hi there!
Berry, :wave: hi there, hope you had fun at Zumba today, your smoothies sound yummy.
Sum, glad you could join us over here in this thread :lol: Hope you are feeling better!
ItsMyTurn, another cheer for you :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: you are soooooo close!!!
Larry, Hi there :wave:
Still, :wave: hi!

Diana3271
09-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I just got home, so this will be a quick post.

DZackery Good luck for tomorrow!

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Shared salad 100 calories
1 grilled pork chop 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 15
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (both workouts) w/weighted gloves & #10's

berryblondeboys
09-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Just got back from body pump. I do body pump 3 times a week, try to do step twice a week and Zumba once a week. However, I wasn't able to get into my step class for tomorrow, so I'm doing the spinning class instead. I got myself bike shorts to hopefully help with the butt numbness. Need some cardio and that's what's offered for tomorrow.

Larry H
09-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I have been in the hospital for the last 2 1/2 days. :( I was walking a huge flea market near St. Petersburg, Florida on Sunday. All of a sudden the same symptoms appeared that I had experienced before my heart bypass. Pain in the left ribs, pain in the left shoulder, pain in the left arm, perspiring and nausea. I told my wife we needed to go to the hospital and get this checked out. The closest was only 2 miles away, St. Petersburg General and we went there. We were fifty seven miles away from home.

Tests showed I had an abnormal EKG. They compared it with my last EKG taken post bypass surgery and it had changed significantly. The staff cardiologist said it was good that I came there because in his words "this was the real thing". He also said that I had not had a heart attack. I was admitted to the ICU, stabilized and transferred on Monday by critical care patient transport to the Florida Heart Institute where a heart catherization was done the same day. They found that the smaller of my two bypass grafts had narrowed. Not enough for surgery or a stent, but enough to reduce blood flow to part of my heart and cause pain.

The good news is that I am told this can be treated with medicine changes. They increased my Lipitor from 20 mg to 80 mg and in spite of low blood pressure they increased my Lopressor blood pressure medicine from 25 mg to 50 mg.

I have always had low blood pressure and I am afraid I scared the heck out of some of the nurses the last couple of days with BP readings as low as 76 over 42. Most of the time my readings were in the mid 90's over 50 or 52.

I was discharged today and I am back home feeling good. :carrot:

Larry,

shishkeberry
09-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Oh Larry, I'm glad you're home and that you're going to be ok!

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Larry: We like 90s, even some 80s--but 76! What The *&%@
So, I'm glad you're better! I hope you have a BP cuff at home. If not, now would be a great example of a time to purchase one!

Sophieeex3
09-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey everyone! Im new to this weight loss community and I feel like ive finally found a place where I could vent about my weightloss woes and wishes.

Im the type of person who will start a diet plan, stick to it 3 days max and then get tempted by the new mexican place that opened by my house. Or ill stick to a diet plan for 3 days, start reading about other weightloss diets and then decide that my plan wont work and I should change it. I went from atkins, to HCG, to 17 day, to calorie counting to WW. So frustratinggg!!!!! I havent even stuck to any of these plans for more than 3 days!!!
If I dont lose weight visibly fast, I lose motivation and give up. HELPPPPP

jomatho
09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Sophieeex3, :welcome: This is a great place to come to be accountable!

jomatho
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Larry, so glad you are okay and back home! I was just wondering about you yesterday! Thanks for letting us know.

Diana3271
09-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

I'm thinking today will be my last day of TTOM. If so, this will probably be the shortest TTOM for me, ever. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Things can change quickly. ;)

Weigh In: 145.4 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

Larry I was also just thinking about you last night. I was hoping that you were just busy and nothing else was going on. :hug: I'm glad you are back home and feeling better.

Sophieeex3 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

berryblondeboys
09-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Larry Not trying to sound morbid on you, but when you have surgery coming up, can you have someone update us. Anytime you leave for a fews from now on, we're going to get worried.

mamakat
09-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

As exhausted as I was yesterday, I couldn't fall asleep til past 2 and then had to be up for the kiddies at 6, but was up at 5. I'm tired :( I have decided not to walk today, no matter how loud it calls my name. My blisters are so bad right now, they hurt without shoes. So I will do the bike. I made my calories on the dot yesterday. I thought it was a funny typo but it wasn't. MFP says 1610 and that's exactly what I ate :lol: that's too funny. Yesterday turned out to be a really good day as far as food and exercise :D

What will today bring?

Larry I'm so glad you're home, what a scare! I'm glad things can be fixed by meds. I hope you're feeling better :)

Sophie :welcome: what is your plan now?

I'm running a bit slow today. I actually had to take the kids to school in my pjs. It's a good thing I can use my driveway again. Last night I took the kids to BK and coming out I saw the big moon. I got so excited and blurted out 'Look the moon in pink'. I really can't wait til my new glasses get here. Wearing shades is distorting my vision :p But the moon was pretty last night. :lol:

Have a great and healthy day everyone!

berryblondeboys
09-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Last night I took the kids to BK and coming out I saw the big moon. I got so excited and blurted out 'Look the moon in pink'. I really can't wait til my new glasses get here. Wearing shades is distorting my vision :p But the moon was pretty last night. :lol:

Have a great and healthy day everyone!

Pink Moon! :D:D:D I saw the moon last night too coming home for the strength training class - love it when it's big and bright like that! Taking a nap this morning???

zoodoo613
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Mornin'!

Larry, glad you're home safely! Take care of yourself.

Just exhausted today, once again. I fell asleep last night and something woke me up and I had trouble getting back to sleep. Then it was up early for work. I need a break!

So today is my 6 month mark. Can't say I've been "on plan" for all that time, but I'm still trying. It's far and away the longest I've every tried. I'm 31 lb. down. I'm certainly not breaking any speed records, especially since the first 10 were in the first month. But all I'm asking of myself is to keep trying.

mamakat
09-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Berry, I really don't want to nap, but I'm so stinking tired. My eyelids are actually closing on their own. I think I'm gonna hit the gym early today in hopes it will wake me up. :D

zoodoo congrats to 6 months, sometimes slow is good. I think it sticks more when its slow AND if you do have bad days, you can catch yourself before to much damage. Or at least that's how I see it :) You are doing great.

I've been craving cereal lately. I crave the crunch and milk and of course SUGAR, but I'm not gonna do it. Nope, it can call me all it wants, I refuse :p so there cereal. OK, I'm going downstairs to the gym, push ups here I come!

MsMediator
09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Hello to all,

This is my first post. I like the idea of accountability.

I weigh more than I would ever like to. I am in a 12 step recovery program and am looking to add this forum to my support system.

I congratulate everyone here for their accomplishments and congratulate those who are still working on their victories. I hope to come back and post some good news as I continue in my journey of recovery.

Vixsin
09-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Ms Mediator: Welcome aboard! This is a great place to find support!
Larry: Glad you're ok! I'm with Melissa...if anything comes up, is there any way to update us?

Just a quick one for me today. I've got a lot of work to do! The plan for tonight is Bob's Yoga.

Larry H
09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Larry Not trying to sound morbid on you, but when you have surgery coming up, can you have someone update us. Anytime you leave for a fews from now on, we're going to get worried.

Melissa and Vixsin

I found out that the Brooksville, Regional Hospital. where I am having my kidney removed has WIFI internet access for the patients. My DW will bring me my laptop computer so I can update everyone.

Larry,

Sum38
09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Jo What about just plain yogurt? It is not sweet at all? -- Top it off with Qacker natural granola?

Sum38
09-14-2011, 11:15 AM
zoodoo613 and Larry Hoping that both of you are feeling better!

berryblondeboys
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Jo What about just plain yogurt? It is not sweet at all? -- Top it off with Qacker natural granola?

I mix a smoothie every morning with a cup of homemade plain yogurt, a few berries and blend. Love it in the morning.

berryblondeboys
09-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I have taken studio cycling (spinning) only once and I didn't like it much. Today, I really had no choice as the class I wanted to take was full, so I signed of for studio cycling.

Boy, what difference this class was. First of all, I had bike shorts - no more ouchie nether regions. Second, they had computerized bikes so you were better able to adjust and know what you were doing. And thirdly, a better instructor - a LOT better. So, it was good. Still not my favorite class in the whole world, but I would put it up there with about Zumba with my favorite being bodystep and bodypump.

ETA: OK, it is really, really motivating to see how close I am to the end 'main' goal. Not sure how long it will take me to lose 11 more pounds as the weight loss is slowing down, but I can see how far that turtle has traveled! I love these tickers!

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM
TOM is here--ruining my day!

So, at least 3 times since April, I have had a dream about being at a party. 3 different parties with different sets of friends I know. But they have all had one common denominator--we are eating Italian Creme' Cake!!!

They are typically around TOM.

Last night, I had a dream where I was at a wedding party, without the wedding and the hostess served the most wonderful Italian Creme' Cake.

I woke up in complete HUNGER and CRAVINGS for cake.
I drove to my local market, 2 of them actually, in search for this cake and settled for coconut instead.

Breakfast Today: 1.5 slices of it 885 cals, 108 carbs, 6 protein, and 48 grams of FAT! :yikes: (approximate numbers from Livestrong)

Totally NOT worth it!

I hate these dreams!

jomatho
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Sum and Berry, don't know about the yogurt in the morning, I think I will try things until something feels right. This morning I decided to have a banana wrapped in a pc. of toast, and felt nauseous for a good while. So probably too many carbs or too much sweet for me. Tomorrow I will try the banana with peanut butter and see how that settles. I will probably work my way around all of the suggestions eventually and see what works, so thanks for those too! I wasn't able to run to see how the extra fuel felt because the vet was able to see my cat right away, but I did get my walk in. May run later today yet after my "real" breakfast settles. The good news is I am not hungry right now! I probably shouldn't judge anything on this week because I am a week out from ovulation and sometimes I get nausea during that this time of month, yay me.
Berry, I was just noticing today that you are closing in on your initial goal quickly! You must be so excited!!!:carrot:
K9, Step away from the cake!!!!:nono: You've worked too hard to waste it on cake that isn't worth it.
Zoodoo, happy 6 month anniversary!!!
Mamakat, cereal will only make you feel icky at this point!
MsMediator, :welcome:

mamakat
09-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Jomatho I won't eat cereal...I'm a good girl :D I used to get nauseated too the week before TOM which sucked b/c trying to get pregnant and then getting nauseated made for a roller coaster of a ride. Every month I thought "this is it" and it wasn't...I'm sooo glad that's all done with! Sorry I had to do happy dance for myself. :) Glad you got your walk in. I too tried a banana for energy alas it did not work.

I got in 30 mins of biking and 23 push ups. Yay me, I can lift myself up 23 times...:lol:

Krystal dang it, now I want cake. Man, I couldn't imagine what I'd be like if I dreamed about it. I wouldn't ever wake up :p Don't do it girl friend :)

Nanna7
09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey there, sorry to have disappeared on you.

Recent trip to the Doctor wasn't good. Before she told me she was moving and I would be getting a new Doctor she informed me that I have type II diabetes. Another pill to add to my daily regime, stick my finger everyday. Wonderful....... My whole medical journey over the last 2 years has been nuts. Hopefully my Thyroid is under control now. Started out taking 25mcg of Levothyroxine and now we are up to 125 mcg. , that's quite a jump. One thing I am grateful for though is I went through menopause at a very young age. 42......so I don't have to worry about the TOM thing with water weight etc. I hear you guys mention it all the time and I am so glad I don't have to deal with it.

My eating has just been nuts. Haven't been able to do anything right. So I have decided to attempt low carb eating again. Keeping a close eye on the fats. I just cannot do this low calorie low fat thing. I just can't. So I drug out all my Atkins info and figured up a grocery list with several recipes. Went to the grocery store just a bit ago, and tomorrow morning I will begin anew. I know I should start now, right?

Sum38
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Ladies and Larry,

I am going to go on Southbeach diet. Anyone wants to join me and be accountable?

Sum38
09-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Here is my mealplan for the next three days. I will eat same breakfast, lunch and snack and vary dinners. -- Reason why I will eat same the same three days; recipes are hard to make for one portion.

BFAST:
-- 2 x Sausage and cheese cups 140 cal
SNACK 1
-- Lettuce wrap w/shrimp 80 cal
LUNCH
-- Indian Tomato Soup 122 cal
SNACK 2
-- California Wrap 140 cal
DINNER
-- Day 1 -- Steak Au Poivre 204 cal
-- Day 2 -- Five Spice Salmon Steak 251 cal
-- Day 3 -- Spice Rubbed Chicken 248 cal

SIDE DINNER DISH
-- Cheesy Baked Artichokes 110 cal
-- Salad 60 cal + dressing 100 cal

DESSERT
-- Chilled Espresso Custard 110 cal

Total is around 1200 cal per day

berryblondeboys
09-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Sum You must be feeling better!

ItsMyTurn
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Larry - So sorry to hear of your hospital stay and all the heart issues. I sure do hope the new med doses help! I will keep fingers crossed for you and good thoughts heading your way!

Nanna - Sorry to hear of your appt going as it did. My son has had to prick his finger for years... plus has growth hormone shots nightly, and his testosterone injections into his muscle has just been increased from once a month to once a week.... he would be sooo able to sympathize with the misery. I sure hope you are able to keep those numbers stable!

Congrats to those who have losses (sorry, but near 4 pages since I last caught up... can't do personals for all that, lol). Also, I want to thank you all for the cheers! :) Official weigh in was today, but have decided that I will weigh tomorrow just to insure accuracy... apparently I was giving myself food poisoning without realizing it...don't laugh, it's possible, LOL!!!! Now that we all figured it out, I am starting to return to normal a bit now...and should be full force again in a matter of a few days - but today's weight is likely influenced with water weight... so just want to make sure. I am missing Onederland by the skin of my teeth!

Sum38
09-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I am :) Thanks Berry.

I went and purchased all needed items. I have the breakfast cups in the oven. About to make the soup.... I will try to precook all I can tonight and put them in fridge in portion sizes...call me @nal :eek:

Bethedee
09-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm just starting out! First weigh-in! 213 today, hopefully less next week >.< I'm cutting calories as much as I healthily can, and I'm working out every day. Running is really hard for me because I'm so out of shape. It's majorly painful!

berryblondeboys
09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey there, sorry to have disappeared on you.

Recent trip to the Doctor wasn't good. Before she told me she was moving and I would be getting a new Doctor she informed me that I have type II diabetes. Another pill to add to my daily regime, stick my finger everyday. Wonderful....... My whole medical journey over the last 2 years has been nuts. Hopefully my Thyroid is under control now. Started out taking 25mcg of Levothyroxine and now we are up to 125 mcg. , that's quite a jump. One thing I am grateful for though is I went through menopause at a very young age. 42......so I don't have to worry about the TOM thing with water weight etc. I hear you guys mention it all the time and I am so glad I don't have to deal with it.

My eating has just been nuts. Haven't been able to do anything right. So I have decided to attempt low carb eating again. Keeping a close eye on the fats. I just cannot do this low calorie low fat thing. I just can't. So I drug out all my Atkins info and figured up a grocery list with several recipes. Went to the grocery store just a bit ago, and tomorrow morning I will begin anew. I know I should start now, right?

Nanna - Just the winter I had hypothyroidism, high bp, high cholesterol and tested in the range of Diabetes II. They got my thyroid under control, I ate lower carb (net under 100 and gave up rice, bread, pasta, sugar, potatoes, etc) but keep in fruits and whatever veggies I want and I try to get my fats from olive oils, nuts and such - things that don't tend to clog arteries.

And... in 5 months my BP was back to normal, my cholesterol was back to normal and my blood sugars were back to normal with fasting and with the A1C test - all done by diet and exercise and fixing my thyroid. So, the only medication I take is thyroid meds.

More and more research on Diabetes suggests that low carbing is the better approach because it doesn't spike blood sugars. I don't even have to do the frequent meal thing - that's just important if you are taking meds and have to worry about spikes. And, whenever I do eat something with carbs, I always pair it with protein (ie. everyday almost I ate an apple with cinnamon and peanut butter). Oh, cinnamon - studies have shown it lowers blood sugars too.

Nanna7
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM
It seems I have been overweight all my life. starting as a very young teen and it has just progressed through the years.
Now as an adult, I take 2 pills for ^ blood pressure , thyroid pill, potassium, lasix, metmorfin and an aspirin in the morning. More lasix in the afternoon, and then blood pressure and cholesterol meds at night. But I don't have high cholesterol....:shrug: All my Docs doings when I had that stroke a few years ago. I have never had ^ cholesterol. So I don't get it. And how could they say the stroke was caused by my ^ fat diet. It was a blood clot that caused my stroke.:shrug: But I am going to be more careful this time. Watch the red meat. Just have that occassionally. I have done this before and had great success. So I know I can do it again.

Sum38
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
I feel so accomplished! -- I made breakfast cakes, Indian lunch soup, shrimp snacks and artichoke side dish for the next 3-4 days!

Kitchen is a disaster...lol

mamakat
09-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

Well I made it through the day without a nap, well it wasn't like I didn't try :p I swear I laid around for 2-3 hours trying to fall asleep. I also drove extremely fast and wreckless while out today, which means...mania. I'm gonna be super mad if I can't fall asleep tonight.

I took DD out to buy shoes (second time for school shoes) and after 4 stores, still no shoes. Ugh, I hate shoe shopping with her. On the plus side, I got a new yoga mat that extra padded (great for push ups :)) and I did a heck of a lot more walking than planned. This is good b/c I ate an entire small pizza (with the works) all by myself (minus the crust of course). One meal a day and boy was it a calorie filled meal :)

Nanna good to see you back. It seems a lot of us are taking meds for thyroidism. I have Hashimoto's and take Levoxyl. I wish that exercise and diet would get me off of all my meds but thats not gonna happen so I'll just keep chugging away. I hope the best for you on your low carbing, it's a hard diet but it really does work :)

Sum I'm glad you're feeling better :) South Beach is low carb, right?

ItsMyTurn I can totally believe slowly poisoning by food. I'm amazed haven't done that to my family myself :p I stink at cooking and even worse I usually don't know when somethings gone bad. Glad you are feeling better...biting my nails for your Onderland :)

Bethedee :welcome: I tried to run a few weeks back with my DS, I lasted maybe 30 seconds. :)

Well I'm off. I hope you all have a wonderful night. Take care!

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I feel so accomplished! -- I made breakfast cakes, Indian lunch soup, shrimp snacks and artichoke side dish for the next 3-4 days!

Kitchen is a disaster...lol

:love: THIS!!!
Geaux Kristiina!!!
Wanna come wreck mine next???

DZackery
09-14-2011, 07:53 PM
:carrot:I passed:carrot:I passed:carrot:I paaaaaasssssseeedddd!:carrot:

Whew! I can breathe for a couple more weeks. Next observation isnt for a couple weeks and I am going to schedule my Subject Area Exam for end of sept/beg of oct. That way just in case I dont pass, I have time to take it again....I have to wait 30 days.

Ok...DS #3 is in bed and #2 is headed that way. I'm off! Then to bed *I'm pooped*

jomatho
09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
:love: THIS!!!
Geaux Kristiina!!!
Wanna come wreck mine next???

No kidding! I'm going to Kristiina's house to eat this week! I will even clean up the kitchen!

Diana3271
09-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm getting ready to watch one of my favorite shows. Survivor! I'm glad it's starting again.

Wanna hear some drama? We went to eat dinner tonight. DH and I were going to share a salad. This place puts almonds in the salads. As you know, I have been avoiding all nuts and legumes due to a potential allergy. I told the waitress that I am allergic to nuts and not to put the almonds in the salad. The salad came out. I was half way through it and noticed there were almonds in there. :mad: I used another fork and removed the nuts. She came back when we finished and about fell over. She was so upset. She said that her DIL gets anaphylactic shock from almonds. Hopefully I am not allergic and won't have any type of reaction. Drama! I can't avoid it, no matter how hard I try!

Bethedee Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Diana3271
09-14-2011, 08:02 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Shared Salad 100 calories
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Checking in for what has turned into a MOST disastrous day!
TOM literally reeked havoc on my entire body! I haven’t felt so bad in a long time.
I went to see Brandon—my Chiro. THANK YOU, JESUS for CHIROPRACTIC MEDICINE!
When I have an adjustment, I can’t exercise that day, so no walk today.
When I left his office, I had a thought to go get fast food, which is rare. I rarely eat fast food. This is weird, b/c I just thought about it. I didn’t really crave it, but I can think myself into eating bad food! I didn’t give into TOM so easily with lunch as I did breakfast! I came home & was nice to myself!
I ate, took a Lortab, and iced my back—then took a 3 hr nap!
I feel 110% better, but my tummy is very bloated :barf:

Today’s Menu
:censored: 885
Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich on Orowheat Thin, Pringles, Cranberry Tea, TFM Healthy Heart Mix: 530
Sante Fe Chicken Wrap: 609
Total: 2024

Water 72 oz
No walk
THIS SUX!!!!

Please, friends, DO NOT follow my pathetic example today!

Did I mention, I worked 5 hours last night??
We installed a new admission system at work, and I went in to "help out" for a little bit, b/c they were short--as usual, what's new??
WORST 5 hours at work in a loooooong time!
I'll tell you, some nurses just don't know what they are doing! And I try not to criticize my colleagues to much, b/c they always have us so strapped, but you know it's bad when report starts off with these words, "All the patients are safe!" Uh oh, you're about to tell me a Christmas list of things that ARE NOT done! Perfect!
So glad I hadn't committed to a 12 hr shift!

Tomorrow, I am going to see Jeannie--my masseuse. I can hardly wait. It's been waaaay too long!

Larry H
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
@#*& Hospital stay. My weight is up by 10 pounds to 220.:mad::mad: The IV drips sure must have added up because I did not eat hardly anything while in there. I had one turkey sandwich on Sunday, that is all I had for the day. On Monday evening they brought me a TV dinner after my angiogram because the kitchen had closed for the day and that was all I had on Monday. On Tuesday I got a cardiac diet breakfast and lunch. For dinner at home I cooked some vegetables and ate vegetarian.

9/14/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1379 (122 under)
My sodium was 1645 mg which is 354 mg under my goal of 2000 mg

No exercise today other than some light gardening.:(

I see my cardiologist tomorrow and I will find out what his plan for my treatment will be.

Larry,

Sum38
09-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Krystal and Jo and the 10 hungry teenager boys....lol I am the food hub :)

Come on over!!! Better yet, PLEASE be my SB buddy!!!!!

Sum38
09-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Larry (((((HUG))))!!!

Larry H
09-14-2011, 08:23 PM
I just had a thought about my 10 pound hospital weight gain. I had saline drips in the hospital and I think saline is high in sodium??:?: Krystal may be able to tell me if this is right.

If so you all have seen in the past what sodium does to my weight causing rapid high water weight gains. Hmmm I wonder???

Larry,

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Diana: :hug: I do wish people would be nice to you!

Bethedee: :welcome3:

DZ: :yay: Geaux Girl! So glad you did well!

MamaKat: You’re scaring me, friend! The mania side, to me, is often worse than the depression side of Bipolar. I hope you get to rest tonight. :hug:

Donna: Defo try out the cinnamon caps!! I use the Gaia brand. I’m not saying they are miracle caps, but you can try it before committing to DM drugs. Oh yeah, and from your earlier post, the only thing you have to do to guarantee success in failure is Quitting! I can say 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, that when you quit, you WILL gain!

Star: I can’t wait for you to share your progress with us tomorrow! :yay: And OMG, stop poisoning yourself {like you did it on purpose, right?} Feel better soon! :hug:

Melissa: All I have to say to you this evening is WAY TO GO! You have managed to completely turn you life around—the right way—within one year! What an amazing accomplishment and example to your family! You are soooo close to goal! Share with us, if you will, what it is like to be where you are.

Larry: Yes, Saline drips are nothing BUT a type of salt-based fluid. What in the world did they have you on saline for? Do you recall the rate on the pump? Were you dehydrated? When you go to your Cards MD, ask him what your EF is and let me know, pls. {If I'm not being to personal}

Kristiina: You are about 2-3 months late with me on SB. Until I see if this plan will break this plateau, I have to stay where I am. But I may go back to the beach for a couple weeks if this doesn't do it. You know me, I'm not married to ANY diet plan, just the one that happens to be doing the trick at the time! Have you done SB before?

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Larry: DOH! It just occurred to me! Your pressure was 76/?, of course they had you on saline!! It is for hypovolemia! But dang, with your heart history, you should have been on Dopamine!

Larry H
09-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Larry[/B]: Yes, Saline drips are nothing BUT a type of salt-based fluid. What in the world did they have you on saline for? Do you recall the rate on the pump? Were you dehydrated? When you go to your Cards MD, ask him what your EF is and let me know, pls. {If I'm not being to personal}

Krystal

I may have been dehydrated on 9/10/2011 in the Cardiac MD office my body water percentage was 39.8% - Quite low

As I understood it they were trying to raise my blood pressure by adding volume via saline.

EF Do you mean Ejection Fraction??

Larry

nanmalott
09-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Have either of you tried using Crystal Lite tea in your water? It tastes so good you feel like you're cheating. No sodium and if you use the little packets only 4 calories. WAY good.

nanmalott

K9Owner
09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Larry: yes! your ejection fraction!

Larry H
09-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Have either of you tried using Crystal Lite tea in your water? It tastes so good you feel like you're cheating. No sodium and if you use the little packets only 4 calories. WAY good.

nanmalott

I like variety so I use:

Crystal Light Natural Pink Lemonade 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Crystal Light White Grape 5 Calories 5 mg Sodium
Crystal Light Sunrise Classic Orange 10 Calories 0 mg Sodium
Ocean Spray Cran-Lemonade 10 Calories 20 mg Sodium
Ocean Spray Blueberry Lemonade 10 Calories 20 mg Sodium
Ocean Spray White Cran-Peach 10 Calories 100 mg Sodium
Hawaiian Punch, Sugar Free 5 Calories 0 mg Sodium
Thirst Quencher Cherry Limeade 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Thirst Quencher Grape 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Great Value Energy Wild Strawberry 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Great Value Energy Peach Mango 5 Calories 0 Sodium
Winn Dixie Lemonade 5 Calories 35 mg Sodium

Larry,

ItsMyTurn
09-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Mamakat and Krystal.... I so know that eating bad turkey isn't good for you, but the funniest part is this (thank goodness I can laugh now, lol)... at the start of the weekend I asked DH if it smelled funny to him (I had just put together a smoothie, so couldn't feel the slimy, lol)... he said it didn't smell that bad. I was like "and you're sure?" He says "sure! I'd eat it if I did turkey". So I made three sandwiches to get me through... packed them in bags... ate one/day over the weekend and one on Monday... plus grabbed some to just eat alone in the afternoon on Sunday. He comes to me Monday night and says... "ummmm, honey? I had to throw out the turkey, are you ok having just provolone and lettuce on your sandwich tomorrow?" and I didn't understand... 'there was near a pound of turkey, why throw it out'.... he answers... cause it was rancid bad! LOL!!!! Oy vey! Geee, that might be the culprit! LOL! So didn't have any yesterday or today and things have "calmed" down again... not completely normal, but no pain, no... gross things, lol. Super yay for getting back to normal!!!! So tomorrow night I plan on throwing on my knee brace and hitting the gym... I so miss my strength training!!!!

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Checking in. I am scale watcher and I am seeing new numbers for next week!

K9Owner
09-15-2011, 01:33 AM
I know there are many coffee drinkers on this forum & since I'm a sucker for a nice S'bux Pumpkin Spice Latte' in the fall, I thought I'd be a dear and share this sweet find off MFP with you all!

:coffee: Enjoy! :coffee:

Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine)

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top

shishkeberry
09-15-2011, 01:42 AM
K9, that sounds awesome! I love pumpkin spice drinks. I'll have to try that when I make my pumpkin tarts this year. I have a recipe that I found for 100cal pumpkin tarts. If anyone wants it, I can link it when I'm not on my mobile.

mamakat
09-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Larry I live off of Hawaiian Punch SF mix. OMG, I feel like I'm cheating all day long when it's punch. I also do Wyler's pink lemonade, it's not as sweet but it cuts the icky water taste. :)

mamakat
09-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Diana the sad thing is there are a lot of people THAT allergic to nuts and some of them just being near them can be dangerous. Restaurants/food industry know this (everyone knows it) and yet when you say "please no nuts, I'm allergic" and still get them (hidden or mixed in) it could be fatal. It may not be the case with you and picking out might be fine, but the restaurants need to be more vigil. I order a salad without croutons (low carb but more importantly gluten reasons) and when they come on I get mad. According to some doctors even traces of crumbs can upset the digestive tract. We don't "see" the reaction, but because of the Celiac's I don't absorb two major vitamins/irons/minerals: vitamin d and iron. I realize restaurants can't know the ins and outs of the human body, but no should mean no and not just because we're snotty customers.

But then what would life be like without some kind of drama, right?

Sum38
09-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Diana did you have any troubles?

Krystal; I have made some SB meals, but never followed it religiously. This time I am trying to follow it. -- I will hate phase 1...

I have atleast next 3 or 4 covered, which it will make it a lot easier. I placed my meal plan on fridge door; that way I won't cheat :lol:

SB may be the ideal diet for me because I have ceiliac.

So off I go to have my pre prepared egg and sausage cups for bfast :)

I will do 3.5 mile walk later.

Everyone have a FAB day!!

Diana3271
09-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 145.2 (TTOM is still trying to hang on)
Down: .2

Sum My reactions don't normally show up immediately. It can take up to a day. :dunno:

jomatho
09-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Morning everyone! Quickly checking while the kiddos are in the shower. I had a good on plan day yesterday, although eating was a little under cals. Had it all planned out on mfp, but missed a few small feedings, I have to go delete those and see where I ended up. I am really trying hard to not go under on my calories. I work out hard and need the fuel. Oh well.
Walked 1 hour in the morning and still got my run in later in the afternoon, another 3.5 miles. I felt really good running yesterday, hoped to get in 5 miles, but had to stop to drive the Mom taxi.
I will run again this morning, plan to have a snack pretty quick here, but adding protein this time. Ugh, food doesn't even sound good to me right now.
Ok, gotta crack the whip, get these kids moving!!!

Later for personals after my workout. . .

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Floating a bit! Down almost a pounds which means I've broken into a new decade as zoodoo puts it. 70 pounds lost!!! I can feel how close I am now!!!

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 07:51 AM
I know there are many coffee drinkers on this forum & since I'm a sucker for a nice S'bux Pumpkin Spice Latte' in the fall, I thought I'd be a dear and share this sweet find off MFP with you all!

:coffee: Enjoy! :coffee:

Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine)

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top

This sounds fantastic!

mamakat
09-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Berry :congrat: on the 70 #s down...awesome job...can I be you when I grow up :) You're inspiration!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

I took nightly meds super early last night then fell asleep around 9.45 :) I didn't wake up til 5.55 five minutes before wake up...awesome. I have no idea what time the kids went to bed, can't even guarantee they did. DH told me to drink a tall glass of whiskey to ensure sleep (he's very bad pushing liquor on me :p) of course I don't drink. I'm a good girl :p NOT. Even with all that sleep, I'm tired, but it might just be that I haven't fully woken up yet.

I have gained like 2#s. I'm sure it's water and not worried about it, but still hate to see it go up and not down or the same. I normally don't see that. Pizza is probably the culprit :shrug: IDK. I woke up extremely hungry and of course had to wait an hour (thank you Hoshi) before I could scarf an Atkins bar. Now my tummy is happy :)

I hope you all have a great and healthy day. :)

K9Owner
09-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi All :wave:
I've been up a couple hours now. I woke up with a headache (rare) and generalized all over body ache! I took care of all of these aches rather quickly with a Goody's Cool Orange and a 20 min soak in Village Naturals Body Salts for Aches and Pains. I promise, between this and BioFreeeze, I wouldn't know what to do after Brandon!
From yesterday, I feel 110% better at this hour.

Last night, just for laffs {b/c I was feeling 50 lbs heavier}, I stepped on my scale. In 14 hours, I packed on 3.2 lbs of water and it was ALL in my tummy! I really felt horrible. TOM hasn't been THIS bad in a few months.
2 lbs of it is gone this morning--thank goodness!

I do feel better today and lucky for me--no cravings! But I''ll still likely see an increase on my scale tomorrow for weigh-in, just b/c TOM is here. Guess I'll have to wait til next week to see if this altered plan is working or not.

I'll have to say, I feel so much better being off Splenda. I didn't realize how addicted I had become. Another thing I've learned--Don''t trade an evil for an equally bad evil!

:grouphug: Happi OP day for us all!

Nanna7
09-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Morning.....

Diana that's awful. And I do agree, restaurants need to be more careful.

I have a pan of MIM's in the oven. Normal recipe calls for making it in a coffee cup. But I saw where someone baked them in the oven also. Muffin in a Minute will bring some additional fiber to my plan. K9, Also made with cinnamon ;)

I have what I need to make this plan work. If I fail, it is my own doing......but I think I will be fine. No, I know I will be fine.

That gym I was going to sign up for, 10$ a month? Well, they aren't opening for like 3 more months. Yes, the 10$ a month is a good deal compared to 30$ a month. But I am not paying for something I can't even use right now. I can get it free on Fit TV, well, I pay for the cable, so I may as well get something extra out of it right?

MMMMM I smell the muffin loaf....breakfast is calling...
ttyl

jomatho
09-15-2011, 11:01 AM
So I had a terrible workout today! My friend couldn't walk today so I told myself it would be a good day to get a longer run in. I ate my snack which consisted of 1/2 banana, a thin crust of toast so about 1/2 pc bread, and 1 TBSP. peanut butter. I felt awful for at least 45 minutes after eating it, but to be safe, I waited an hour before getting started. I had no energy whatsoever! I walked some of it, ran a measly mile and then had to walk again. I got off 3 TIMES to go to the bathroom- dummy me drank 20 oz of water on top of my coffee this morning, that pb and banana toast made me thirsty. Ugh! I think it is too much food and I am going to skip the fruit and bread. Back to the drawing board. Maybe I would be better off with just protein, no carbs. That goes against most pre workout recommendations, but every body is different.
At least I got something in, better than nothing and I have learned from the past that if my body doesn't want to do it, it's just better stopping and trying again the next day. It's different if if is a mental game, I usually win those, but the physical game the body usually wins.

jomatho
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Floating a bit! Down almost a pounds which means I've broken into a new decade as zoodoo puts it. 70 pounds lost!!! I can feel how close I am now!!!

That is a-ma-zing!!!!!Way to go :bravo: I am so proud of you and a little envious I must admit! Oh to be 70 pounds down! I am fighting tooth and nail to get to my 50 mark! You certainly make this seem effortless (I wasn't about to say easy :nono:) Keep up the hard work, and I'm glad to be a part of your journey!

Sum38
09-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Jo, maybe you need to take a week off? Sometimes that does wonders.

Sum38
09-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Berry That is amazing!!! Fat to fab :) :) :) Pictures coming soon?

K9Owner
09-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Jo: I hate to hear this! Don't give up, gf. Just keep trying things until you find what works for you!

jomatho
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
K9 and Sum, Thanks girls, I'm fine, I just didn't have the workout I'd envisioned today and I am getting a little frustrated with my hunger and energy levels. There's always tomorrow right? I do love to run on most days, but maybe I am pushing myself too hard and need to forget about my Sept. goal (which I have already decreased) and just run a few days a week. I will think about that today.

ETA: I also cannot forget hormones are at play this week, so my body may be a little whacky from that.

Nanna7
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
ETA: I also cannot forget hormones are at play this week, so my body may be a little whacky from that.

Now, that is quite the possibility girl. Hormones are crazy, do awful things to us. Keep your routine however you decide. The hormone thing WILL pass....:hug:

Nanna7
09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
OMG, those MIM muffins were awful. So grainy. Put a little cream cheese on it and that seemed to help a lot. I still have 3 more from the pan I made, may take a break from those after their gone. I had never tried them, always thought they sounded good. ( wrong) !

mamakat
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
3 miles and last one barefoot! Oh my gosh I didn't even wait til I got home before I threw those piece o :censored: shoes away. I tried wearing an older pair but after a mile and a half I had to sit and take my shoe off (bleeding). I sat for an hour on a bench on the boardwalk talking to an alcoholic who was drinking out of a plastic bag. The man cried telling me his life story! I have not talked to a single person outside my family and doctors for a year and the first person I do talk to opening statement is "that condom wrapper was here when I got here and so was the cigarette butt", ewww!

Today of all days I didn't take my cell so I couldn't call a cab to get the heck out of there. Looks like its back to my own gym until DH gets back home. I have to put my feet up. DD wants to go shoe shopping I don't think that's gonna happen. I hope you all have a better than I have. :)

K9Owner
09-15-2011, 02:13 PM
MAMAKAT: I have not talked to a single person outside my family and doctors for a year and the first person I do talk to opening statement is "that condom wrapper was here when I got here and so was the cigarette butt", ewww!

I am SERIOUSLY :rofl:

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 02:24 PM
3 miles and last one barefoot! Oh my gosh I didn't even wait til I got home before I threw those piece o :censored: shoes away. I tried wearing an older pair but after a mile and a half I had to sit and take my shoe off (bleeding). I sat for an hour on a bench on the boardwalk talking to an alcoholic who was drinking out of a plastic bag. The man cried telling me his life story! I have not talked to a single person outside my family and doctors for a year and the first person I do talk to opening statement is "that condom wrapper was here when I got here and so was the cigarette butt", ewww!

Today of all days I didn't take my cell so I couldn't call a cab to get the heck out of there. Looks like its back to my own gym until DH gets back home. I have to put my feet up. DD wants to go shoe shopping I don't think that's gonna happen. I hope you all have a better than I have. :)

You have such adventures and crack me up, but I sure wouldn't have wanted to be you today with no cell phone and stranded with bleeding feet! Take care of those feet girl! And don't socks help??? (I used to be the queen of bleeding feet from blisters, so I feel your pain).

mamakat
09-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Krystal, the craziest part was the reason why I didn't get up when he said that...I've never mentioned this before but I'm a writer. Today since it was overcast I wanted to people watch and was planning on sitting on those benches even before the blisters. So instead of running away from the guy, I talked to him. I was thinking the whole time, he could be a character :p I gotta say, he opened up super easy about a lot of stuff and I'm not sure if it was because he was already drinking that he'd answer my questions so easily :shrug: I guess as far as my people watching purposes, he really fit the bill. But still I didn't like feeling stranded with the blisters and crappy shoes. So either I take a phone next time are better shoes. :D

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 02:32 PM
K9 and Sum, Thanks girls, I'm fine, I just didn't have the workout I'd envisioned today and I am getting a little frustrated with my hunger and energy levels. There's always tomorrow right? I do love to run on most days, but maybe I am pushing myself too hard and need to forget about my Sept. goal (which I have already decreased) and just run a few days a week. I will think about that today.

How much are you eating every day? Is it possible that you are low on energy because you are eating too little and burning too much?

I exercise an hour about 5 times a week (I always plan on 6 days, but it ends up being about 5 because something always comes up to interfere) and I'm eating 1400 calories a day - some days 1600, some days 1200 - all depending on how I feel for hunger that day.

You are exercising more than me, so burning more than me and eating the same or less? Your body just might be dragging and hungry because it's not getting enough. An hour of fast walking burns over 350 calories. And you are walking PLUS running on top of that. Your body might be rebelling.

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 02:39 PM
That is a-ma-zing!!!!!Way to go :bravo: I am so proud of you and a little envious I must admit! Oh to be 70 pounds down! I am fighting tooth and nail to get to my 50 mark! You certainly make this seem effortless (I wasn't about to say easy :nono:) Keep up the hard work, and I'm glad to be a part of your journey!

But we started at different points. It's getting much slower now that I'm down to the 180s. I can't create as big of a calorie deficit. If I had started at your weight, I wouldn't be this far along, but struggling through more slowly.

Don't be envious - you are doing great and didn't let yourself get as high a weight as I did. I cringe when I realize I used to weigh 90 pounds more than I do now... That's just crazy!

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Berry :congrat: on the 70 #s down...awesome job...can I be you when I grow up :) You're inspiration!!!!

How can you say that when you have done so awesomely on this journey and that's WITH physical limitations - hats off to you Mamakat! You're an inspiration!

mamakat
09-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Berry I was wearing socks. I guess it would have been smarter if I didn't throw them away too, but I thought I would look silly walking down the street in socks. :lol: Of course I didn't look ridiculous walking at a fast pace carrying a water bottle and barefoot. :p Sometimes my anger gets the better of my brain. I might have been able to walk even faster with the socks as I was dodging all the debris from Hurricane Irene. There hasn't been a street cleaner yet. Now I'm worried I'll get an infection. I cleansed them then drenched them in peroxide...OMG that was painful!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring :p

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Melissa: All I have to say to you this evening is WAY TO GO! You have managed to completely turn you life around—the right way—within one year! What an amazing accomplishment and example to your family! You are soooo close to goal! Share with us, if you will, what it is like to be where you are.

K9 - you are BETTER than where I was or am currently. You never let yourself go like I did. You never took your health for granted, like I did. I'm just trying to play catch up to where YOU are.

Sum38
09-15-2011, 03:07 PM
mamakat Ouch :( -- Get some Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister Cushions...they have worked great for me in the past.

Nanna7
09-15-2011, 03:14 PM
You guys and all this running. You are awsome. Be glad when one day I can do that. I'm lucky to do a couple miles at a relatively fast pace. But run? Lord no......they would probably issue an alert for an earthquake.......lol

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
You guys and all this running. You are awsome. Be glad when one day I can do that. I'm lucky to do a couple miles at a relatively fast pace. But run? Lord no......they would probably issue an alert for an earthquake.......lol

Running isn't necessary. Some of the healthiest people I know are walkers. And, it does improve. When I started in January, I would huff and puff walking across a parking lot. I started with walking in place on the Wii balance board with the game "Walk it Out". Then. I started walking in place on the floor with the nunchucks. Then started using the aerobic step and took out slower and slower songs. And started Leslie Sansone's walking videos and some easier aerobic videos. And I started walking outside faster and faster (walking in place is way, way, easier than walking in real life). And finally this summer after 6 months if building endurance, I started going to the gym and I can keep up with most everyone except the really fit.

So, you'll get there. One step at a time.

Sum38
09-15-2011, 04:34 PM
I can't run. Even before I shattered my ankle, I was not able to run. Each time I tried; my ball joint in hip area would get inflamed. So I walk. Walking does not hurt my joints.

zoodoo613
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I can't run either, but I would love to. I grew up as a runner, and have given it a try at various other points but always end up hurting myself. I still have hopes though. I'm not going to try it until I reach 165, in the hopes that that won't be too much weight to take the pounding, and I'm going to start really slow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

jomatho
09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
How much are you eating every day? Is it possible that you are low on energy because you are eating too little and burning too much?

I exercise an hour about 5 times a week (I always plan on 6 days, but it ends up being about 5 because something always comes up to interfere) and I'm eating 1400 calories a day - some days 1600, some days 1200 - all depending on how I feel for hunger that day.

You are exercising more than me, so burning more than me and eating the same or less? Your body just might be dragging and hungry because it's not getting enough. An hour of fast walking burns over 350 calories. And you are walking PLUS running on top of that. Your body might be rebelling.

You are right! If only you had figured that out a month or two ago!!! :lol: I think that was my problem prior to the last couple weeks, I finally did the math and realized I was asking my body to survive on about 500 calories (net after exercise)! I have increased my intake for almost 2 weeks now and am starting to lose again (hoping it continues). I now try to net around 1400 so depending on what I do in a day, I am eating 1400-1900 calories. Oh, and I also changed my goal to try to lose 1# a week rather than 2 and that gave me more calories. So I am definitely not starving.
I have been more diligent about logging my food and am noticing I am not as high in protein as I thought I was, plus myfitnesspal already sets a low protein goal, so I am pretty low, like only getting average of 75g per day. I have upped my goal to 30% protein (fat 30% and carbs 40%). So now I am shooting for 125g per day. Good Lord, I wonder how much muscle I lost by eating too little protein and too few calories???? I was probably losing a pound of muscle for every pound of fat I lost! Live and Learn!
I am hoping the increased protein will help, but it is not as easy to increase it as I thought! I tried really hard today and I am currently at 65g and haven't had dinner, but not sure I can find something for dinner that has 60 grams of protein! Ha! How much protein do you eat in a day being a low carber? I did some research to come up with those numbers, but now I am questioning them.

Sum38
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Running got me thin tho. I think I was around 140 lbs ( I would love to be there NOW), and in 3 months time I was hovering around 120 pounds. That was 5 x week running. I started around 1.5 mile and at the end I was running 6 miles. -- I started having hip pain, but I kept just running, silly me... then it got so bad, I was not able to do anything for a few months :(

jomatho
09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I can't run either, but I would love to. I grew up as a runner, and have given it a try at various other points but always end up hurting myself. I still have hopes though. I'm not going to try it until I reach 165, in the hopes that that won't be too much weight to take the pounding, and I'm going to start really slow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

I started really, really slow! People could walk faster than I ran, heck, I could walk faster than I ran :lol:! I am just now getting to a respectable pace, but still slow to most runners, and it has been 9 months since I got back at it!!!

jomatho
09-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Running got me thin tho. I think I was around 140 lbs ( I would love to be there NOW), and in 3 months time I was hovering around 120 pounds. That was 5 x week running. I started around 1.5 mile and at the end I was running 6 miles. -- I started having hip pain, but I kept just running, silly me... then it got so bad, I was not able to do anything for a few months :(

Yes, I have a hip that can act up at times too. I believe it was Vixsin that said she read if you have hip problems with running you could possibly have a weak core and that is me exactly! Need to work on my core!!! I hate core exercises with a passion!

berryblondeboys
09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
You are right! If only you had figured that out a month or two ago!!! :lol: I think that was my problem prior to the last couple weeks, I finally did the math and realized I was asking my body to survive on about 500 calories (net after exercise)! I have increased my intake for almost 2 weeks now and am starting to lose again (hoping it continues). I now try to net around 1400 so depending on what I do in a day, I am eating 1400-1900 calories. Oh, and I also changed my goal to try to lose 1# a week rather than 2 and that gave me more calories. So I am definitely not starving.
I have been more diligent about logging my food and am noticing I am not as high in protein as I thought I was, plus myfitnesspal already sets a low protein goal, so I am pretty low, like only getting average of 75g per day. I have upped my goal to 30% protein (fat 30% and carbs 40%). So now I am shooting for 125g per day. Good Lord, I wonder how much muscle I lost by eating too little protein and too few calories???? I was probably losing a pound of muscle for every pound of fat I lost! Live and Learn!
I am hoping the increased protein will help, but it is not as easy to increase it as I thought! I tried really hard today and I am currently at 65g and haven't had dinner, but not sure I can find something for dinner that has 60 grams of protein! Ha! How much protein do you eat in a day being a low carber? I did some research to come up with those numbers, but now I am questioning them.

Well, these are my totals from the last week:

Thursday: 1112 calories 44 fat 73 net carbs 89 protein. No exercise
Friday: 1285 calories 72 fat 79 net carbs 74 protein. No exercise
Saturday:1514 calories 77 fat 122 net carbs, 69 protein 1 hour exercise
Sunday: 1802 calories 84 fat 163 net carbs, 69 protein, 1.5 hours exercise
Monday: 1438 calories 87 fat, 94 net carbs, 59 protein, 1 hour exercise
Tuesday: 1262 calories, 61 fat, 86 net carbs, 75 protein 1.5 hours exercise
Wednesday: 1401 calories 56 fat, 80 net carbs, 51 protein, 1 hour exercise
Thursday: 1388 calories, 60 fat, 105 net carbs, 85 protein, no exercise

I don't buy into the high protein diets as protein is hard on the kidneys, so I eat a fairly high fat diet, but much of that fat comes from vegetable fats- olive oil, canola oil, nuts, peanut butter, then dairy, yogurt 2% milk fat) and string cheese and then lean meats.

K9Owner
09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
I feel like a million bucks right now! Jeannie, my masseuse, has the most powerful hands of any woman I know of her size. After a trip to her and Brandon, 2 Village Natural baths & 1 to come, I really feel fabulous! However, I don’t think I feel fabulous enough for my Cooper-Young race tomorrow night! :( There’s always another race this season and Cooper-Young will be here next year.

I was absolutely HUNGRY today! WTH!! Not really having cravings, but just hungry.

Today’s Menu
Cottage Cheese & Pineapple: 140
Greek Yogurt w/Raspberries & 1 tsp Agave, FF Cheese Real Egg Omelet, Lakewood Cranberry Juice: 359
Cabbage, Broccoli, Chicken, & Wild Rice Soup, Green Beans: 253
½ Powerbar, Siler’s Mixed Beans: 315
Dinner: ??? (Something that is ~ 360 cals)
Total before dinner: 1067

Walk: 150
Water: 80 oz

Sum38
09-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Somehow I am not hungry today It never happens :lol: I skipped morning snack and I doubt I will have my evening snack either. Calories are kinds low.

Walk: 45 min at 42 mph

Foods
Breakfast
Sauce - Salsa, 2 tablespoon 9
turkey cups, 2 serving(s) 348

Lunch
Indian tomato soup, 0.5 serving(s) 75

Dinner
Steak Au Povre, 1 serving(s) 288
Cheesy Baked atichokes, 1 serving(s) 104

Snacks
lettuce wrappers with shrimp, 1 serving(s) 180

TOTAL: 1004 cal

mamakat
09-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Ugh, I didn't make my calories yet again, but I couldn't go shopping for dinner so had a small chef salad no dressing and only half the lettuce (dog loved eating the other half). My feet burn so bad so DD served the salad, but there wasn't any main course type food in the house for me. Oh I have learned a very good lesson...well, until the pain goes away then I'll forget :p

I hope you all had a great day.!

Diana3271
09-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Quick check-in. I have to get up an hour earlier tomorrow morning. I will have more time for personals this weekend. Sleep well and enjoy your evening.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Meatloaf 500 calories
Collard Greens 100 calories
Stewed okra + tomatoes 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Lift (Powersculpting workout w/10's)
TF HIIT 15
500 Jump Ropes

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Checking in for the day. I could do Jump ropes...How long does it take you to do 500?

Diana3271
09-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Checking in for the day. I could do Jump ropes...How long does it take you to do 500?

Hmm, I really don't know for sure. I do 100 at a time and then take a breather for a minute. I guess it takes about 10 minutes or so. :dunno:

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
What type of Jump Rope do you use?

Diana3271
09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
What type of Jump Rope do you use?

I use the same jump rope that I used in high school. :o (jumping rope was my choice of exercise when I lost weight in high school :D) It's a plastic beaded jump rope, with hard plastic handles with a counter in the handle.

Vixsin
09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Must get to bed on time!! Will update everything tomorrow. Doing really well!!! Down .6 today!! No exercise yesterday. 30 great mins on the tread tonight. Eating has been really good and drinking lots. Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow! Thinking about you guys!!!

Larry H
09-15-2011, 10:30 PM
My weight is up by another 5 pounds to 225 today.

That makes a fifteen pound gain in three days. :?::?:

It must be continuing effects of the sodium in the IV as yesterday's sodium was only 1645 mg.

My appointment with my cardiologist went well. He said that my narrowed artery could be controlled by medicine adjustment. He changed my Lipitor from 20 MG once a day to 40 mg once a day and my Lopressor from 12.5 mg twice a day to 50 mg twice a day. He also wants me to take the following over the counter supplements, CO-ENZYME Q-10 100 mg once a day, L-Carnitine 500 mg once a day and Resveratrol 150 mg once a day.

He says I am in great shape and he cleared me for the kidney removal surgery on October 3rd. He also scheduled me for a Lab Chem 7 in his office next Wednesday and a follow up appointment with him on October 13th.

"Krystal" My Cardiologist said my EF was normal and was 50%.

9/15/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 818 (533 under):carrot:
My sodium was 1577 mg which is 423 mg under my goal of 2000 mg :carrot:

I have decided to drop my sodium goal to 1500 mg in view of my single functional kidney and my heart disease. It will be a real challenge to achieve this but I will find a way.

I asked my Cardiologist whether the salt substitute "Also Salt" was safe for me to take and use for cooking. It has 356 mg of Potassium Chloride in a 1/4 tsp serving. My doctor said that since I was tolerating a 500 mg potassium pill each day that using the salt substitute would be OK provided I stop taking the potassium pill if I plan to use the salt substitute. Taking both on the same day would be too much potassium for a single kidney to process.

By the way I had dropped 29 pounds since my last appointment with him and he sure was pleased with that.:D:D

Walked one mile today

Larry,

Diana3271
09-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: Have a fabulous Friday and an even better weekend! :carrot:

I had to get up an hour earlier than normal. I have some extra stuff to get done before I can start my weekend! TTOM hung around for another day. Yesterday was my last day. It was still shorter than normal, which is fantastic! Hopefully, I will start getting rid of some water weight now.

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .4

still
09-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Good morning everyone.

Weigh in this morning was 172. Yesterday was a terrible off plan day. Stress and tiredness led to me eating 3 cupcakes and a bunch of sunchips, obviously outside of plan. So today is my new, fresh day and I'm sticking with it today! :D

Hope you all have a great day!

berryblondeboys
09-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Larry But they also said you were dehydrated, right? Have they addressed that so that you are getting enough liquid in your diet? You are bound to gain some wait from the needed water that was missing - now not 5 lbs a day, but some of that weight you gained in the hospital isn't just from sodium... it was to replenish your body of fluids too - and too little fluid is hard on the kidneys too.

berryblondeboys
09-16-2011, 06:39 AM
No change on the scale for me this morning - but that's good - meant yesterdays one pound drop wasn't a fluke!

Larry H
09-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Larry But they also said you were dehydrated, right? Have they addressed that so that you are getting enough liquid in your diet? You are bound to gain some wait from the needed water that was missing - now not 5 lbs a day, but some of that weight you gained in the hospital isn't just from sodium... it was to replenish your body of fluids too - and too little fluid is hard on the kidneys too.

That is a good point Melissa, Thank You. I had not thought about that. Of course you are right. With the dehydration in mind, I will not return all the way to my prior weight right away. How much of the 15 pounds is excess fluid and how much of it was restoring me to normal body water percentage I do not know.

It really does not matter because as long as I stay on plan with my eating I will be losing fat. That of course is all of our goals. We want to lose fat, not to worry about water fluctuations now matter how large.

Larry,

K9Owner
09-16-2011, 07:31 AM
FINALLY!! A NEW LOW!
:carrot: 1.4 lb LOSS :carrot:
{take that TOM}

Larry H
09-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Krystal :congrat: and :bravo: on that 1.4 pound loss. You have stuck with it despite ups and downs and that paid off. Way to Go!!

:carrot::cb::dancer::twirly::sunny::jig::high::bro c::dance::flame::goodscale::yay::cheer:

Larry

Sum38
09-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Krystal; you were saying you were feeling thin! Congrats!!

Larry; I hope your water weight gets under control soon!

Berry Yay on the pound!

Sum38
09-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Weight 157; down 0.5 pounds

Plan for today:

Exercise: walk 3.5 miles

Meal plan;

Bfast
turkey cups
salsa

Lunch
tomato soup
shrimp wrappers

Snack
California rolls

Dinner
Spice rubbed chicken tenders
Cheesy artichoke hearts
Spinach salad with vinagrette dressing

Total cal 1003; leaving room for evening snack

shellsbrood
09-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi, all! Sorry, I haven't checked in for a while. We're homeschooling now, so that's taking up a TON of time. If I'm not teaching the kids during the day, I'm correcting/grading/book keeping and getting ready for the next day in the evening. :dizzy: It's worth it, but a lot more busy than I thought it would be.

I finally broke into the 160s this morning (only barely - 169.6). It took me an entire month to lose 1 pound. The weight loss has definitely slowed to a molasses trickle! :lol:

Miss you guys! I think you you all often. Take it easy, Larry! That's an order. ;)

jomatho
09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Melissa, thanks for sharing your numbers, very similar to what mine were the last two weeks just move a little fat over to carbs, but that is where my protein was at, generally.

I guess I should do a little more research on the whole protein thing today, hmmm. I did get my protein up to 112 yesterday, which took a lot of shuffling and planning of the meals. Which in turn helped keep my sodium down, so that is a bonus I guess. I'm so confused. I certainly don't want to stress my kidneys!

K9Owner
09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Diana: I don’t think I’ve aggressively “jumped rope” since the 7th grade! I remember it keenly, b/c we had a “Jump-Rope-A-Thon” @ our school to raise $ for the AHA! :lol:
I won an award for “Wildest Hat”!

Nikki: I was going to ask about you today if you hadn’t checked in! That’s exactly the RIGHT thing to do…the very next meal, just get right back on it. :hug: Hang in there, gf.
We struggle WITH you!

Vix: :crossed: for your loss this week!!

Larry: WoW! I was somehow expecting your EF to be in the 40s! :yay: you!!!
The Resveratrol is new to me. I see many of our patients on the other 2 you mentioned and they seem to do well on them. Do you take Omega 3 as well? Your Potassium comes in mg???? :dizzy: I have never seen this! We give 20,40, & 80 meQ (milliequalivants).

Melissa: :yay: for the pound!!

jomatho
09-16-2011, 08:10 AM
FINALLY!! A NEW LOW!
{take that TOM}

SAAWEEEEEEET!!!! You deserve it! :cp::cp::cp:

Nanna7
09-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Mornin everyone....

The scale said I was down 3 lbs :carrot: I'll take it.

MIM w/cream cheese and coffee for breakfast.

Going to the store today, gotta find some supplements to take. Just can't remember what to buy....:dizzy: I think 1 was magnesium, I'll have to look it up. Defintely a multi vitamin though......

Stuffed mushrooms for supper last night with sauteed zuchini. My girls really like that. If I can cut their carbs in at least 1 meal a day. I think that will be good. Not much telling what they eat at school........

Have a good day !

jomatho
09-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Diana: I don’t think I’ve aggressively “jumped rope” since the 7th grade! I remember it keenly, b/c we had a “Jump-Rope-A-Thon” @ our school to raise $ for the AHA! :lol:
I won an award for “Wildest Hat”!

Nikki: I was going to ask about you today if you hadn’t checked in! That’s exactly the RIGHT thing to do…the very next meal, just get right back on it. :hug: Hang in there, gf.
We struggle WITH you!

Vix: :crossed: for your loss this week!!

The Resveratrol is new to me. I see many of our patients on the other 2 you mentioned and they seem to do well on them. Do you take Omega 3 as well? Your Potassium comes in mg???? :dizzy: I have never seen this! We give 20,40, & 80 meQ (milliequalivants).

Melissa: :yay: for the pound!!

I believe Reservatrol (sp?) is what is found in grapes/wine. Krystal, you and I have enough reservatrol to last us a lifetime :rofl:

jomatho
09-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Mornin everyone....

Going to the store today, gotta find some supplements to take. Just can't remember what to buy....:dizzy: I think 1 was magnesium, I'll have to look it up. Defintely a multi vitamin though......

Have a good day !

WOW!!! :bravo: All these losses today! We have an amazing group!!!

K9Owner
09-16-2011, 08:18 AM
I believe Reservatrol (sp?) is what is found in grapes/wine. Krystal, you and I have enough reservatrol to last us a lifetime :rofl:

:rofl:
JOMATHO: U JUST MADE MY DAY!!! :love: u!!

mamakat
09-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Sum congrats on the loss.

Diana I wish I could jump rope. I tried it last year at my heaviest, OMG that's a lot of work!

Shells congrats on the loss. wow homeschooling, that's a lot of work.

Nanna awesome on the three pounds down!

Krystal yay, you did it, but then I knew you could.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day :)

berryblondeboys
09-16-2011, 09:27 AM
FINALLY!! A NEW LOW!
{take that TOM}

Awesome!!!

berryblondeboys
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Mornin everyone....

Stuffed mushrooms for supper last night with sauteed zuchini. My girls really like that. If I can cut their carbs in at least 1 meal a day. I think that will be good. Not much telling what they eat at school........

Have a good day !

Nice! That's one of the great things about making yourself healthier - it helps the rest of your family get healthier too!

Larry H
09-16-2011, 09:55 AM
QUOTE=K9Owner

I double checked the prescription bottle and you are right. It is in MEQ. I am taking K DUR 20 MEQ. I eat a lot of the Omega 3 fish but I have been considering taking supplements of Omega 3 as well. I just haven't done it yet. I am a little afraid that my medicine cabinet will start to look like the vitamin and supplement aisle at CVS :rofl:

:rofl: Jomatho was right it is the antioxidant found in Grapes and Wine.

I belong to the original 12 step program. I have not had a alcohol drink of any kind for thirty five (35) years now. With my history I think I will stick with the supplement instead of the source.:D:D:D I am glad that you are both able to drink and enjoy it. All pleasure was gone for me by the time I finally quit.

I quit smoking also in 1978. This way I can concentrate all my energy on simply being a nasty old man. :rofl:

Larry,

Nanna7
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
WTG everyone on the lbs lost!!

Vixsin
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
It really does not matter because as long as I stay on plan with my eating I will be losing fat. That of course is all of our goals. We want to lose fat, not to worry about water fluctuations now matter how large.

You have nailed it right on the head, Larry!!! :hug: You keep on keepin' on and the scale WILL follow! We are all thinking about you!!! :hug:

K9: Congrats on your new low!!! Look at your hard work paying off!!!! Great job! :high: I agree with what Still said too with it paying off since you were feeling thin all week this week!!! Yay you!!!! :yay: :yay:

________
As for me...

I hate not posting for one day. I miss you guys! I love how you have all become part of my daily routine again. :)

I was incorrect yesterday. i didn't lose .6 it was only .4 yesterday but that's ok. I'm down a full 1lb today to 186.6. :woohoo: I am so happy that I was able to get a treadmill session yesterday. I LOVE to exercise. I love how it makes me feel. I seriously had myself talked out of it yesterday and I had to force myself onto the tread and WOW! what a difference! Love it!

Today is super busy. Chances are, I won't be back here until tonight. I am on plan and I am with you guys!!!!!!

jomatho
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
You have nailed it right on the head, Larry!!! :hug: You keep on keepin' on and the scale WILL follow! We are all thinking about you!!! :hug:

K9: Congrats on your new low!!! Look at your hard work paying off!!!! Great job! :high: I agree with what Still said too with it paying off since you were feeling thin all week this week!!! Yay you!!!! :yay: :yay:

________
As for me...

I hate not posting for one day. I miss you guys! I love how you have all become part of my daily routine again. :)

I was incorrect yesterday. i didn't lose .6 it was only .4 yesterday but that's ok. I'm down a full 1lb today to 186.6. :woohoo: I am so happy that I was able to get a treadmill session yesterday. I LOVE to exercise. I love how it makes me feel. I seriously had myself talked out of it yesterday and I had to force myself onto the tread and WOW! what a difference! Love it!

Today is super busy. Chances are, I won't be back here until tonight. I am on plan and I am with you guys!!!!!!

Wow! Congrats Vix!!! I love those days of a whole pound melting away. They come far and few between, enjoy it!!!

K9Owner
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
:yay: Vix, Donna, & Kristiina :yay:
We're all just a BIG bunch of LOSERS today!! ;)

***begging, pleading, & asking nicely for an e-vite to this party next Friday!!***

jomatho
09-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Got my walk in and it is just killing me to not go for a run, but I am sticking to my plan (no running on my walking days). My GF can't walk again until Tuesday, so I will run at least 2 days this weekend, if not 3. I will see how my legs feel. I am really looking forward to it.

Still researching the protein thing. . . So far, imo the benefits of upping protein outweigh the negatives, so I think I will still shoot for 25-30%. I was wrong yesterday in my calculations though, it should be based on ideal body weight not current. As a moderately active woman (exercise 4-6 days/week for 30-60') I should consume 0.6-0.7g protein for every pound of ideal body weight. Or for a highly active woman (exercise daily for 60' or more) it would be 0.9-1.0g protein per pound of ideal body weight. I think I come somewhere in the middle, so I used 0.8x145=116g. Not sure I could eat much more than that, and most days it will probably run around 100g., which is better than I was getting, for sure and comes in at about 25%.

Benefits of enough protein:
increased satiety/feeling fuller longer (fat helps with this too)
keeps blood sugars stable (although fat helps with this too)
fewer calories per gram (more bang for your calorie buck compared to fat/carbs)
prevents lean muscle mass loss
essential for numerous bodily functions
30% of protein is burned by digestion alone compared to 5% of fat

Signs of too little protein:
tired, sluggish
susceptible to illness
failure to build muscle
bone loss

those at highest risk are those on low cal diets less than 1200cals
vegans
athletes eating too few calories

Too much protein can cause
weight gain (only if the increased protein puts your calorie total too high)
dehydration
bone loss due to calcium excretion (this is how the kidneys are affected because they have to get rid of the calcium and too much of this can cause stones)

Thats what I have come up with so far, but this is an ever evolving process for me and I am sure I may need to do some more tweaking as I go. I hope a little more protein will help with my hunger levels.

What do you guys think?
I really don't think what I am talking about would be considered "high protein" by any means.

jomatho
09-16-2011, 12:13 PM

***begging, pleading, & asking nicely for an e-vite to this party next Friday!!***

Ummmmm, I had better get an invite next week!

jomatho
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
QUOTE=K9Owner

I double checked the prescription bottle and you are right. It is in MEQ. I am taking K DUR 20 MEQ. I eat a lot of the Omega 3 fish but I have been considering taking supplements of Omega 3 as well. I just haven't done it yet. I am a little afraid that my medicine cabinet will start to look like the vitamin and supplement aisle at CVS :rofl:

:rofl: Jomatho was right it is the antioxidant found in Grapes and Wine.

I belong to the original 12 step program. I have not had a alcohol drink of any kind for thirty five (35) years now. With my history I think I will stick with the supplement instead of the source.:D:D:D I am glad that you are both able to drink and enjoy it. All pleasure was gone for me by the time I finally quit.

I quit smoking also in 1978. This way I can concentrate all my energy on simply being a nasty old man. :rofl:

Larry,

You? Nasty? I don't believe it!

LindseyLou
09-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi ladies & Larry! :wave:

So...it's been a few days since I have been on here. It's been a rough few days so I'm just now logging on. Food wise yesterday and today have been quite good. Wednesday wasn't too bad...I slept a lot of the day. I ended up going to the doc's on Wednesday for my Fibromyalgia and got new meds and boy are they kicking my butt! I am so drowsy it's ridiculous...yesterday I slept on and off all day. I feel like a granny falling asleep this much. I'm thinking I may need to cut back on them or gradually up the dosage. Anywho, I ended up getting up on Thursday so dizzy I was sick to my stomach and was just plain a mess!!! So, I called in to work, to be told that was fine, just feel better.
(And the RANT begins...)
Later on I had a voicemail telling me to look for a new job. Weird, right? So, I called my boss back and she told me that the Doc I work for just didn't feel like I was a good fit for him, it wasn't that I called in sick. Awesome. Come to find out they are hiring another chick with way more experience so I feel like I was the temp, ya know? Just there long enough to find others that were more experienced and all I had to do was make one mistake and it was an excuse to say "it's just not working out" after I was told multiple times how good of a job I was doing. They were in a situation where their last technician was leaving and I was the only person they interviewed that could start asap, so I feel used to say the least. I don't know how else to feel about it honestly, I did all I could do. I've NEVER had this issue at any other places I've worked. They have always praised me and on several occasions I've literally been begged to stay! The even more awkward part is Monday morning I'm supposed to come drop off my scrubs and time sheet. Oh how I am loathing this...any advice on how to deal with the situation? My plan was to just walk in calmly and give the office manager my things and leave, not bring the "letting go" up at all. I try to avoid conflict. ;)

Well, I guess I'll stop this rant...I could go on all day. ;)

I hope you all are doing fabulous...I'm going to try and catch up on personals. :D

Sum38
09-16-2011, 01:59 PM

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl: Yup, we are the big fat losers :rofl:

LindseyLou
09-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Diana – You’re doing awesome as always...from your food plan to your workout regime! :D

Vixsin – Girl, 89 pounds lost!!!! :bravo: You are AWESOME!!

Larry – I’m sorry to hear about all the issues with sodium, but certainly glad to hear you’ve talked to your doctor and he was impressed with your weight loss thus far! You’re doing amazing!! :D

Berry – Gosh, it’s been so long since I’ve been on here…70 pounds gone! You go girlie!! :high:

K9 – Congrats on the new low! :woohoo:

Sum – Congrats on the loss! And your dinner is making me drool just thinking about it! Yum! :D

Shells – You rock! :D Love your profile pic btw!

Jo – Still kickin’ butt I see?! :D Interesting info regarding the protein. When I tried a high protein diet I definitely noticed I felt full...I couldn’t finish my meals sometimes!

Nanna – Congrats on the 3 pound loss!! :bravo:

Anyone else I forgot I apologize...:wave:

LindseyLou
09-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Here's my plan for today...

B – yogurt 140, small banana nut muffin 200 (340)
L – PB & J 280, applesauce 80 (360)
S – strawberries w/sprinkle of sugar 60, banana 90 (150)
D – 4 oz. steak 240, grilled asparagus (10-12 stalks) 70 (310)
1160 so far...

Sum38
09-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Sorry Linds!

I would take the high road. You never know if you "need" them in sometime in the future. -- They can only say that you are classy and mature.

Thank you for the opportunity and wish everyone well.

Kill with kindness. The new girl may end up being a total @#$% and they will miss you.

jomatho
09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Nice to see you Linds! I agree with Sum, getting angry won't get you anywhere. If you are curious, you could just ask the mngr. what you could have done differently to have been in better standing. It's obviously not you, and you are better off without them. Find something where you are appreciated. Sorry about the FM and the new medicine kicking your butt!

jomatho
09-16-2011, 03:26 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl: Yup, we are the big fat losers :rofl:

Big Fat Losers :rofl: I just got that :rofl: Not big fat losers, but big fat losers :rofl: Okay, I'm blonde, sometimes it takes me a minute :lol:

Nanna7
09-16-2011, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Larry H;4035120I belong to the original 12 step program. I have not had a alcohol drink of any kind for thirty five (35) years now. With my history I think I will stick with the supplement instead of the source.:D:D:D I am glad that you are both able to drink and enjoy it. All pleasure was gone for me by the time I finally quit.
[/QUOTE]

Larry that is so awsome. I finally ended up divorcing my husband because of this. He could never see that life had so much more to offer......
That is an absolutley wonderful thing to be able to say to someone.

Nanna7
09-16-2011, 03:42 PM
QUOTEI belong to the original 12 step program. I have not had a alcohol drink of any kind for thirty five (35) years now. With my history I think I will stick with the supplement instead of the source.:D:D:D I am glad that you are both able to drink and enjoy it. All pleasure was gone for me by the time I finally quit.

Larry,

What a wonderful thing to be able to say to someone Larry. Wish my husband could have seen that life had more to offer ..........

Sum38
09-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Big Fat Losers :rofl: I just got that :rofl: Not big fat losers, but big fat losers :rofl: Okay, I'm blonde, sometimes it takes me a minute :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I was wondering if someone would not get it, and report me.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

berryblondeboys
09-16-2011, 03:51 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I was wondering if someone would not get it, and report me.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Eh... I must be even blonder - I don't get it.

zoodoo613
09-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Eh... I must be even blonder - I don't get it.

Fat is being used as a noun, not an adjective.

How's that for stripping the humor right out of it.

berryblondeboys
09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Fat is being used as a noun, not an adjective.

How's that for stripping the humor right out of it.

Still took me a second... gee whiz... brain cells aren't firing today - must be that they are frozen in this cold snap!

zoodoo613
09-16-2011, 04:06 PM

You, at least, were trying to make a joke. I was once playing cards (or maybe it was dominos) with a morbidly obese woman that I knew, but not well. It was an atmosphere where we all jokingly insulted or griped to each other when someone made play that we didn't like. I don't remember what she'd said or done, but I called her a "big fat liar". I was mortified, but of course, once you've said something like that, there's nothing you can say to make it better. Of course I hadn't meant to comment on her weight, just on whatever move she'd made in the game, but the comment hung there like a lead balloon.

ItsMyTurn
09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Holy cow, gone for 24 hours and look at what is missed! LOL!

Super job all on the losses!!!! :carrot: How awesome is this crew? The most awesome!!!!

Jomatho - I think your protein increase is smart...and you have done and found correct research that backs my knowledge too

I hope everyone is having a kicking day and totally on plan :)

Nanna7
09-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Looks like I made a double post to Larry....sorry bout that.

I totally missed the F word....lol

Grilled Talipia and salad for supper tonight.

mamakat
09-16-2011, 08:13 PM
yay, my glasses finally arrived. well now I can read while I'm laid up. I better be better by Thursday, I'm not missing Colbert! I ate almost an entire rotissiere chicken and still didn't make my calories...probably a good thing as I can't work out.

Hope you all have a good night :)

Sum38
09-16-2011, 09:11 PM
In real life both my DH and I are real smart butts. -- Our kids NEVER fully believe anyone and always analyze and critique what people say, before accepting their facts....after all they grew up with us :rofl: -- It is a good skill and bad skill to have. When they run into people with no sense of sarcasm....well; they just "adapt" :)

Sum38
09-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Nanna Just last week I made tilapia with lemon-garlic-BUTTER sauce. It was devine. I love food, I love to cook! Hence the weight :(

How did you season it?

Vixsin
09-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Nanna: Tilapia tonight? :drool: :drool: :drool: I :love: me some tilapia!!!

Dinner on the fly tonight for us. Wings and french fries. :eek: :yikes: I did great! I had 6 wings and 4 steak fries WITH ketchup! :drool: That actually kept me going for a bit because I was tending to Maxwell (he doesn't feel good). After he went to bed, I had a luna bar. I estimate to have come in between 1700 - 1750ish tonight. No exercise tonight...have MUCH schoolwork to do so that I can go out on the town tomorrow! :yay:

Was going to be doing a memory walk for Alzheimer's but I don't think we will. Not with Maxwell's cough. I'm dropping him off at my parent's house tomorrow and I feel like we should be taking it easy as much as possible before then.

Sorry for no more personals now. I've got to get my reading done and then get to bed by OR BEFORE 11pm!!!!! Sidebar - really, really proud of myself!!! I have gotten 7hrs of sleep, some nights more, every night this week!!

have a great night all!!

ItsMyTurn
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Donna - the fish sounds wonderful

Kristiina - You crack me up... my husband and I give everyone a ripping so often that no one would ever be able to tell if we actually critiqued the other one, LOL...therefore it did pass on to the kids, LOL

mamakat - Hooray for new glasses!!!! No going out in a hurricane with this pair, LOL!!!!

Vixsin - I hope Maxwell feels better real soon!!!! I am so glad you have been getting good sleep! That's awesome!!!

Diana3271
09-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
Stewed Okra + tomatoes 100 calories
Collard Greens 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Oh, internal clock, how I hate you! :( I should have went to bed earlier last night, but I didn't.

Weigh In: 145.2
Down: .4

K9Owner
09-17-2011, 06:40 AM
I hear you Diana!
I haven't slept this restless in a few weeks!
I've been up and down literally all night!
I do hope TOM packs his bags and leaves today!
He's on my nerves something mad!

Kristiina: I think you're my long-lost sister. I always questioned if I were adopted when I was younger!
Isn't "adaptation" fun!!! :rofl:

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 07:13 AM
K9 I even had a hard time falling asleep last night. The funny thing is that TTOM was "officially" very short for me and is over with. But, I woke up feeling bloated and didn't sleep well. I feel as if it's still TTOM. :dunno: Weird! I must have some type of hormonal thing going on.

Larry H
09-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I gained 5 pounds on Thursday and I lost that same 5 pounds on Friday. I am now at 220 pounds for the third time in a couple of months. :?: Now I know what Yogi Berra meant when he used to say "It is like deja vu all over again"

9/16/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1157 (644 under)

After much procrastination I lowered my daily sodium goal from 2000 mg to 1500 mg yesterday. The results of my first day are, Drum roll please;

My sodium was 1498 mg which is 2 mg under my goal of 1500 mg. :D:D:D
A squeaker for sure, but I like it!!

I did 3 hours of gardening yesterday and 2 hours of yard work in 93 degree temperature yesterday. I have to get all caught up before my kidney removal surgery on 10/3/11. My activity will be severely restricted for several weeks post surgery.

Larry

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Larry Great job on the sodium! Keep up the good work.

Larry H
09-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Larry; I hope your water weight gets under control soon!

Thank you Kristina! I think the only way my water weight is ever going to get under control is if I get very strict with my sodium intake. A little sodium increase and I retain water like mad. I believe that it is due to having only one functioning kidney.

Larry,

Sum38
09-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Krystal :hug: We even look alike :)

Sum38
09-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Down a pound!
This south beach lifestyle is working. I feel "thinner". According to the book, during the first 14 days, one loses belly fat; which is my problem area, and my belly feels that it is going down :) :) :)

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Sum Great job on that pound!

Larry H
09-17-2011, 08:06 AM
I finally broke into the 160s this morning (only barely - 169.6). It took me an entire month to lose 1 pound. The weight loss has definitely slowed to a molasses trickle! :lol:

Shells congrats on the pound. down is better than up!

I'm down a full 1lb today to 186.6.

Vixsin Way to go on a full pound loss!!

Larry that is so awsome. I finally ended up divorcing my husband because of this. He could never see that life had so much more to offer......
That is an absolutley wonderful thing to be able to say to someone.

Donna, No one should have to be around us when we were drinking. Glad you made the wise choice and got out safe.. A huge well done on your 3 pound loss!! That is awsome!!

Down a pound!
This south beach lifestyle is working. I feel "thinner". According to the book, during the first 14 days, one loses belly fat; which is my problem area, and my belly feels that it is going down :) :) :)

Kristina Congrats on that pound.

Larry,

Sum38
09-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Weight 156; down 1 pound.

Plan:

Walk 3.5 miles

Bfast
Turkey and egg bfast cups
salsa

Lunch
Tomato and veggie soup
Shrimp lettuce wrap

Snack
Celery and laughing cow cheese

Dinner
Salmon
salad w/dressing
pepper and onion mix

Total calories: 840
***** I will add snacks if hungry. I will add some avocado to salad at dinner if I don't get over 1000 cal during the day.

Vixsin
09-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm up .2 to 186.8 today. I went to bed on time but my sleep was restless last night. I have an assignment due for school that I really haven't started so that is bothering me.

Thank you for the well wishes for my little man. He has allergies and when the seasons really start to change, he ends up with a cough. I'm jamming meds in him like it's going out of style. LOL :crossed: Hoping that it doesn't turn into a sinus infection like it usually does.

I've had about 350 cals so far this morning. I had a pb and jelly sandwich for breaky today. That sandwich is NOT going to be enough!!! I'll add another 250 to it if I need to in a little while by having a greek yogurt with some multigrain cheerios in it. that should take me until lunch.

So today is full of a little bit of everything. LOL I had a flat repaired yesterday and I have to go back today because my tire is STILL leaking. Looks like I'm going to get a new tire today. YAY for it being free and not because of vandalism! LOL As I mentioned, I have school reading and idea jotting down to do today so I can write my paper tomorrow. I'm also supposed to babysit at a friends house today for a few hours. Dropping my Maxwell off at my rents house today and I AM GOING OUT TONIGHT!!!! I am going to get my dance on! Planning on 3 drinks today. Depending on the day's eating....THAT plan may change! LOL

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL saturday!!!

Sum38
09-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Good job Larry. I seem to hover around 2200 -2500 per day :(

Sum38
09-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Vix Have you had any more vandalism problems?

berryblondeboys
09-17-2011, 08:40 AM
I had the munchies SOOOOOO bad yesterday, I mostly fought it off. Ending the day around 1620 calories, but that's about 200 more than I like to get in especially on nonworkout days.

I didn't give in because I'm so close to that 70 pounds lost thing that if I overate, I could put myself back OVER the 70 pounds lost and that would make me sad and mad. Also, in the back of my head I wondered, "I wonder if I'm so munchy because my body is ready to drop some pounds???" And guess what? I had a 1.8 pounds drop this morning. Not sure it will stick, but I'll take it!

BodyPump later this morning. Oh...and my husband came home early yesterday because of a fever. He still has it - this has been the WORST summer/early fall for family health. I'm the only one spared so far (well, and my MIL, but she is away on vacation).

Sum38
09-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Congrats Berry! 72 pounds is amazing. That is a whole supermodel :) You must feel like a new person.

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Vixsin Have fun tonight! :cheers:

Berry Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! :carrot:

jomatho
09-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Well, so much for being lower on the weekends because I sleep in, I was up 0.8 today :yikes: I haven't had that much of a gain in a long while. I blame ovulation, course it could be the lunch meat sandwich I had for dinner last night too, or a combo of those. Sure wish I was on the losing side of things like the rest of you!!! Oh well, I will keep plugging away. I really think I am to the point where I should only weigh once a week, but what if today was my weigh day and I only showed 0.2 for the week when yesterday it would have shown a pound for the week? The scale gets on my nerves, but knowing I was just 182.0 makes me feel better about today's weight. I guess it would all even out in the end, but still I don't know which is worse?
Kristiina, congrats on that pound! We are not sarcastic in my household at all :no::no::no:;)
Berry, congrats on your 1.8!!! That's a biggie on top of your pound the other day!!!:woohoo:
Vixsin, hope DS feels better soon. I have a sick one right now too, low grade fever, sore throat, sniffles, hoping it doesn't turn into a cough and go into the chest. He has been resting in bed since Thursday after school. Sounds like a lot of crap is going around right now.
Larry, great job on the sodium. Do you have to worry about how much you sweat and sodium loss? Do they ever check your sodium/electrolytes? I still don't know how you do it. I had one day this week at 1400mg (by accident because I was trying for more protein) and the rest were 2300-3000mg and one over that!!!! I don't worry as much on the days I run because I sweat buckets when I run and I figure I lose a lot that way, but maybe I am wrong? You still are my hero!!! And Yogi's statement "It is like deja vu all over again", I have felt that way practically all summer!!! I hate the 180's.
Diana, darn hormones, I feel ya!!!
Nanna, you have me thinking about tilapia too! The last time I made it, I pan "fried" it and it was good, but I had it on a sandwich the next day and it was even better! Ooh, and I made tilapia tacos a while back, those were good too, maybe the girls could have those to make it fun and you could just skip the shell. Now you have me thinking. . . I love food, can you tell?
ItsMyTurn, thanks for the encouragement with the protein, not sure I can keep it up, yesterday I came in at 90g, I had a greek yogurt snack planned for the evening, but just didn't want it and I cant see eating when I am not hungry at all. Focusing on the nutrition part of things is hard! Too many things to balance.
Mamakat, :yay: for new glasses!!!

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Jomatho Good Morning. Hang in there and keep working your plan. I hope you have a great day.

jomatho
09-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Jomatho Good Morning. Hang in there and keep working your plan. I hope you have a great day.

Thanks Diana, just getting on the treadmill now ;).

Nanna7
09-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Nanna Just last week I made tilapia with lemon-garlic-BUTTER sauce. It was devine. I love food, I love to cook! Hence the weight :(

How did you season it?

1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Actually fried it on the backside of my grillpan with a couple tbsp of olive oil.

This seasoning was intended for Blackened Salmon. But I tried it on the Talipia and it was awsome !

mamakat
09-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Jomatho You are not the only one not losing this week. I just don't report it :p I only count Monday WI's but I weigh every day. I try not to get bummed about it until Monday. I figure I'm not going to see much of a loss for awhile as I'm still laid up. I think my right foot has an infection...it is killing me.

DH is home, maybe now I'll get some real food. I didn't cook once while he was gone. Come to think of it, I didn't do anything while he was gone. This was not one of my better "adult" weeks. I was more like older teenage sister with a car and a few bucks to spend. Oh well, we made it through anyway. DD caught a cold from her friend who is always sick, she better not give it to me!

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Nanna7
09-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Saturday Morning....
I am in my element today. Wanna know why?
293.8 today................................down from 299, down from 305.:carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot:

Diana3271
09-17-2011, 10:43 AM
jomatho I hope you have a great workout. I plan on doing a mall walk later today.

mamakat Enjoy your weekend, too!

Nanna Look at you! Great job! :carrot:

jomatho
09-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Good Saturday Morning....
I am in my element today. Wanna know why?
293.8 today................................down from 299, down from 305.:carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot:

I'm reading 3fc from my iPad while running and I had to step off for a second to say WOW!!!!!,!,,!,!,!,!,!

DZackery
09-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Morning,

I slept until 10:30, yes thats 10:30 in the morning. I'm not feeling super frisky today. I'm grouchy...and i want everyone to leave me alone. But of course DH is doing school work, as usual (the one I'd like to be out here helping me out) and then the boys are just...unbearable today. I swear, as a senior at the university level I dont spend as much time doing hwk as he does. I think he found his excuse not to deal with the kids.
Well someone has a wake up call coming....because for 6 years!.....I went to work, went to school, dealt with children, cooked, cleaned, washed, and found time for hwk usually in the middle of the night. Just cause he works full time doesnt mean the rest of his time needs to be locked up in god blessed silence while I have to go to internship all day and not get paid, get hwk done, transport kids, help with their hwk, cook, clean and wash.

OK....my rant is over....better here than out loud in front of the boys. Sry...I'm just a little....overwhelmed.

Vixsin
09-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm reading 3fc from my iPad while running and I had to step off for a second to say WOW!!!!!,!,,!,!,!,!,!

And now I'm feeling the overwhelming urge to hop on my treadmill!!!! :)

jomatho
09-17-2011, 11:39 AM
And now I'm feeling the overwhelming urge to hop on my treadmill!!!! :)

GO!!!

ItsMyTurn
09-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Donna - Great job!!!

Jomatho - Make that treadmill hurt! LOL!

ItsMyTurn
09-17-2011, 12:11 PM
As for me:

:dancer: I have some news.... :carrot: ... I stepped on the scale.... :hyper: even with the hubster knowing... :sssh: and it said..... 199.4!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you see that?????? There is a "1" in front of my weight now!!!!! :mag: It's true, my husband saw it too! :yay::goodscale:woohoo:

K9Owner
09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
:yay: STAR!! :yay:

ItsMyTurn
09-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Thank you Krystal!!!!! I was sooooo proud and happy! It dragged so hard this last week... but officially made my 2nd mini-goal!!!! :)

shishkeberry
09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow, you're all doing so well. Congrats on everyone's losses.
I've been having a yucky week and I can't seem to stick to my calorie goal. I've been eating at almost maintenance for 3-4 days now :( no change on the scale at all this month. I'm still at 244. I did so well last month and now it seems that I've stalled. This sucks. I guess it could be worse though. I'm still doing better with eating than I used to before I started.

LindseyLou
09-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Down a pound!

AWESOME! :high:

LindseyLou
09-17-2011, 12:38 PM
So today is full of a little bit of everything. LOL I had a flat repaired yesterday and I have to go back today because my tire is STILL leaking. Looks like I'm going to get a new tire today. YAY for it being free and not because of vandalism! LOL As I mentioned, I have school reading and idea jotting down to do today so I can write my paper tomorrow. I'm also supposed to babysit at a friends house today for a few hours. Dropping my Maxwell off at my rents house today and I AM GOING OUT TONIGHT!!!! I am going to get my dance on! Planning on 3 drinks today. Depending on the day's eating....THAT plan may change! LOL

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL saturday!!!

Holy cow! You're one busy chick this weekend!! Have a fun night tonight! :D

LindseyLou
09-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Sorry Linds!

I would take the high road. You never know if you "need" them in sometime in the future. -- They can only say that you are classy and mature.

Thank you for the opportunity and wish everyone well.

Kill with kindness. The new girl may end up being a total @#$% and they will miss you.

Thanks Sum! You're right!!

LindseyLou
09-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Nice to see you Linds! I agree with Sum, getting angry won't get you anywhere. If you are curious, you could just ask the mngr. what you could have done differently to have been in better standing. It's obviously not you, and you are better off without them. Find something where you are appreciated. Sorry about the FM and the new medicine kicking your butt!

Thanks Jo! I talked to the manager about it...she never got real specific, just that the Doc didn't like how I was doing things. I honestly, think they are just letting me go because they interviewed/found someone with more experience and this is an easy way to say "goodbye" to me. Oh well...:dizzy:

LindseyLou
09-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Morning ladies & Larry!

TGIS!!!! :carrot: I am off to go grocery shopping then to a baby shower, but I wanted to stop in and say hello to you all! I hope you have a fabulous day and weekend! :D

K9Owner
09-17-2011, 12:52 PM
So, here is a new photo of me, with curly hair from last night. I didn't have time to straighten it before I went out, but you can see the difference in my jeans from last Dec--compared to the other pic!

mamakat
09-17-2011, 01:05 PM
DZ :hugs: Isn't it funny how moms are supposed to manage it all and not get overwhelmed and dads just never quite get it? Yes, yes, they work just as hard and sometime harder (in my case :p) but moms NEED that break even if it's just for 2 or more hours. A breathe is all we ask for.

ItsMyTurn Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

Krystal you're so pretty.

Donna did I say congrats yet, can't remember, congrats on the pounds down.

I can't remember if I said good morning or not. Well, good morning everyone ooops good afternoon. Hope you all have a great and healthy day.

berryblondeboys
09-17-2011, 01:24 PM
So, here is a new photo of me, with curly hair from last night. I didn't have time to straighten it before I went out, but you can see the difference in my jeans from last Dec--compared to the other pic!

From what little we can see of you - you look great!

berryblondeboys
09-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Morning,

I slept until 10:30, yes thats 10:30 in the morning. I'm not feeling super frisky today. I'm grouchy...and i want everyone to leave me alone. But of course DH is doing school work, as usual (the one I'd like to be out here helping me out) and then the boys are just...unbearable today. I swear, as a senior at the university level I dont spend as much time doing hwk as he does. I think he found his excuse not to deal with the kids.
Well someone has a wake up call coming....because for 6 years!.....I went to work, went to school, dealt with children, cooked, cleaned, washed, and found time for hwk usually in the middle of the night. Just cause he works full time doesnt mean the rest of his time needs to be locked up in god blessed silence while I have to go to internship all day and not get paid, get hwk done, transport kids, help with their hwk, cook, clean and wash.

OK....my rant is over....better here than out loud in front of the boys. Sry...I'm just a little....overwhelmed.

I feel you big time. When my husband was getting his PhD. For FOUR long years I worked full time and and did all the childcare stuff and everything else. Packed and moved us twice with no help either.

It's just true that men don't multi-task very well. SOme can, but not all can and most women can (but not all). So, it does turn out to be an unbalanced load sometimes. Just remember, that with his bettering his education, you all will benefit in the end... just hold on and try to keep sane - and asking for more help too.

ItsMyTurn
09-17-2011, 01:45 PM
shish - Keep your head up girl! You stalling is better than adding 10 Lbs, so you are able to just get back at it and see your work pay off :)

Lindsey - enjoy the shopping and hi! :)

Krystal - Great pics showing the differences! You look amazing!

mamakat - Thank you so much! I am so excited! I called my mom in Maine cause I was busting with excitement! Oh wow... I gotta change my ticker, totally forgot... my brain is too excited to think! LOL!