Mini-Goals - Down 15!

View Full Version : Down 15!

RicecakeEater
09-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Okay, so 15 might not show up a lot, but I'm PREEEEETTY proud of myself.

Never before have I lost a substantial amount of weight. Never. I've always just gained. I've finally figured out how to make a lifestyle for myself that makes the weight come off and keeps me healthy.

Now I've lost 15 lbs. It took a long time, and I know I could probably lose it faster, but I feel like this is healthy, and I don't feel like I'm going to burn out.

I notice guys looking at me a lot more, not necessarily at my body, but they're just showing genuine interest, not just looking at me and being like "ew."

I'm really happy... my friend and I just got back from the waterpark earlier, she was wearing a bikini, and I know even though it'll be a while until I can pull one off, I'm on my way! My body is starting to look less blocky and more curvy. :)

Encouragement is wonderful for me, really! I'd love to hear how you felt when you lost your first 15 lbs, or how you plan on feeling/rewarding yourself! Thanks for reading ;)

Andynoo
09-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Woohooo!!!! so excited for you! congratulations! ive only just lost my first 5lbs but i cant wait to lose another 10!! thank you for posting your victory on here, gives me encouragement to keep at it :D

Crazy Newfie Jen
09-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Wtg!! I reached that goal last week so I know how you feel!! It feels great!! Keep up the awesome work!!

20togo2011
09-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Congrats! 15 is a lot!!! I've lost only 10 and I'm all happy and merry go round;). Keep up the great work!

tinneranne2
09-13-2011, 01:19 PM
that's AWESOME. congrats girlie! theres nothing like realizing for the first time that you CAN do it. keep it up and you'll get there!

I identify with you hugely. I had never lost weight before either and I've lost 16lbs in seven months, so I totally feel on you the slow weightloss (admittedly my effort has been inconsistent and half-assed at best.)

This is a lifestyle change, so slow and steady is a perfectly valid technique.

I hear you on the changing shape thing, I finally go in a little at the waist! I haven't done anything to reward myself...seeing the scale is awesome enough to keep me going.

Laurawr
09-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Well done! I hit that mark about a week or so ago, and I can identify completely with the awesomeness of it! Nothing better than realising you're on your way and that you can do it.
When I hit the 20lb mark, I rewarded myself with some new make-up that I've desperately needed for quite a while. It's always good to have a little bit of positive reinforcement to keep you going :)

runningfromfat
09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Good job, 15lbs is nothing to sneeze at, keep up the good work!

BTW, I love me some Zoidberg too. :love:

Sophieeex3
09-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Congratulations!:) I know how hard it is to lose, I've never lost more than 5 lbs and im trying so hard to break the 200lb barrier. As long as your happy and more confident in your skin, that's all that matters- not the number on the scale. Each lb is a success and a representation of your strong will and the faith you have in yourself.