Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/172/145

Height: 5'9.75

Default Eggs & Livestrong

hello everyone!

i have just started calorie counting and using the Livestrong site. After researching, I realized that eggs are good for controlling hunger and the cholesterol actually helps lower the bad cholesterol. However, when I tracked it today on MyPlate it automatically put my cholesterol over the recommended percentage. The rest of my day I had very little cholesterol (at the MOST 90 mg) but because of the eggs I am way over in my intake.

I am concerned about this because I don't want to have a stroke or anything but I thought eggs were good for you.

How do you all incorporate eggs?

Thanks!
thinnerthanhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

If I were to make an omlette with 2 or 3 eggs, I instead use 1 whole egg and the other eggs just the egg whites. I don't like the yolk anyways but that's where the cholesterol is coming from. How many eggs are you having a day? I can't imagine if you're eating just a few it would be that bad for you. Sometimes the online trackers can be a bit skewed in my opinion!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I typically don't worry about my cholesterol when I have eggs. But, most days I also run way under on cholesterol so when I do go over, it's really not bad.
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/172/145

Height: 5'9.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi702 View Post
If I were to make an omlette with 2 or 3 eggs, I instead use 1 whole egg and the other eggs just the egg whites. I don't like the yolk anyways but that's where the cholesterol is coming from. How many eggs are you having a day? I can't imagine if you're eating just a few it would be that bad for you. Sometimes the online trackers can be a bit skewed in my opinion!
well, like today i had two eggs. i might try the one whole and one egg white. i'll just keep an eye on it. i've never had any problems with cholesterol at the doctors or anything so I'll try and not worry about it. which is hard to do for a worry-wart
thinnerthanhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #5  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

two eggs shouldnt send you over. eggs are a great protien choice for the mourning especial if you cook them without oil and salt, i at the begining of mmy dieting was having 1 or 2 a day and it kept me fulfilled. the reason i slowed down was uhmm to do with the acompinied toot tooting.. lol
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #6  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

I tend to go 1 whole egg + 2 whites, but because of calorie concerns. The newest research indicates that the cholesterol in yolks does NOT increase cholesterol in humans. --perhaps do a google search. (I'm not able to find you a link right now! I think I read something in the NYT...?)

If the calories work out for you, do it and don't worry too much about cholesterol.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote