Weight Loss Support - What do you hate most about being fat

sexychick
09-09-2011, 10:37 PM
I hate the fact that people always make fun of me! :(

Aileen
09-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Not loving myself or letting anyone love me.

kelly315
09-09-2011, 10:58 PM
The word "fat,"- the fact that I can't be accepted for what I am, and that I can't accept myself for it either.

canadianwoman
09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Not being to be able to physically do what I want to do and as fast as I would like to.

fromthebox
09-09-2011, 11:33 PM

+1

DeeDeeHunnie
09-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Low self-esteem, and people thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not (never been).

nrz242
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Feeling uncomfortable, physically and psychologically

sweck08
09-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Always thinking to myself that I am ugly and nobody will ever like me the way I am. Never feeling comfortable in my own skin and constantly worried about what others think.
Those thoughts have changed now, thank goodness. I now am more confident than I ever have been my entire life!

RJ 1980
09-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Seeing someone in the mirror that I don't recognize. In my mind I'm thin.

Also, feeling uncomfortable in my own body, having no confidence.

Lovely
09-10-2011, 02:41 AM
I HATE huffing and puffing up stairs. I HATE that walks were like torture sessions on my knees and lungs. I HATE that I was having trouble breathing while laying down. I HATE that my back would hurt. I HATE that my ankles were swelling.

Luckily, with every step forward, these things are going away bit by bit! :D

DietVet
09-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Hmmm. I'm surprised and saddened that so many of you have internalized your weight and feel unloveable because of it. (Or more likely, you have externalized your lack of self-love and gained weight because of it...) We're all entitled to love and respect regardless of how much weight we carry. Truly. But then, we all have to believe that for ourselves. I believe all the same negative things about myself when I'm thin as well as when I'm fat. And I believe all the good, worthy things about myself fat and thin as well.

What I hate most about being fat is how hard it is to find decent clothes, especially professional clothes. I swear my boobs are at least 2 sizes bigger than what fashion industry norms believe they should be and hardly anything that isn't a knit fits on my upper body. Also, I hate, hate, hate my stomach. It bulges and I feel like it lets me down. Booo stomach!

But really girls, you have to figure out how to not hate yourself for being fat. It will chase you when you've lost the weight too, and then where will you be? Self-love is critical to just about everything.

Meeel4121
09-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Feeling uncomfortable... sometimes psychologically (when I'm out with friends), but mostly physically.
I can't wait for the day when my thighs stop rubbing against each other, that and the magic moment when I walk out of a clothes store and actually feel better about myself.

Kahokkuri
09-10-2011, 04:36 AM
I hate that I waste so much time thinking negatively about my weight.

lin43
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
In my mind I'm thin.

I feel the same way, but for, perhaps, a different reason. I feel like I'm the reverse of an anorexic in that I look in the mirror and the body image I have of myself is thinner than I really am. When I look in the mirror, I think, "I look pretty good!" But that image of a healthy-sized me doesn't jibe with my current clothes size and weight--LOL!

I have to admit that I'm among the minority who feels okay where I'm at even though I know, objectively, that I need to lose more to get into a healthy range. Nevertheless, it seems as though I've actually become more confident as I've aged. Ironically, part of that had to do with me finally coming to terms with the fact that I had lost some of the beauty of my youth. I was always considered "the pretty one" and was vain, to be honest. As I've aged, though, my hairline has begun to recede and my hair has begun to thin (and this started in my mid-30s). Also, I have the typical wrinkles of someone in their 40s and my body is sagging more than it used to. I went through the angst of losing all that a few years ago, and it seems that going through that actually helped me realize that I'm of more value than just my looks. That is one of the realizations that has had the biggest impact on me.

diamondgeog
09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
You can hate being fat and absolutely love yourself. I actually think it is a good thing hating being fat. If you didn't why change? In fact I think hating being fat is an affirmation of loving yourself. You want to be healthier and have more energy in life.

I am a guy so perhaps that is why my hates are more centered around health. But I hate cheating myself out of a healthier and more energetic me. But that is great motivation for all the positive steps I taking now. 18 lbs down since July 15 and no hamburgers or fries at all during that time! Previously 2-3 times a week doing that.

Beach Patrol
09-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Many reasons.

Hate not being able to do my own pedicure because my stomach is literally in the way (altho that IS getting better!!!)

...hate not being able to wear really cute clothes (again, getting better!!!)

...hate feeling like I've "let myself go"

...hate the pain on my joints (getting better!!!)

...hate feeling self-conscious when I eat desserts or anything fattening when around other people

...hate seeing myself in mirror or photos (getting better!!!)

...hate standing next to really thin people, feeling judged (even tho I know damn well I'm most likely not)

...hate it all, really. BUT LOSING & LOVING IT!!!! :cb: :woohoo: :yay:

Martina
09-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't see myself as fat. Sure, I'm 200 pounds but really, who cares? I used to be a size one, and to be honest I look better now than I did then. Mainly I want to be healthier, that is my ultimate goal.

I do, however, not like all my physical limitations. Some of those are due to health problems not related to weight, but some are definitely weight related. So weight related physical limitations would definitely feel good if they were gone!

RRB2
09-10-2011, 06:54 PM

^^^
That. Even though DH tells me he loves me daily, I don't really believe it (we've been together for 15+ years) and I was 100 lighter when we met. I cannot allow him to love me like that :(

Napia
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Interesting question.

* My overall appearance. But having lost 40lbs and going down four sizes is starting to change that — quite a bit.

* The fact that my diabetes was most likely due to my weight gain both of which have led to a whole lot of health issues

* The fact that being diabetic means that I absolutely HAVE to lose weight and exercise fairly relentlessly not only to lose weight but also to have any measure of control over my disease.

* The fact that I have to exercise and eat healthy for the rest of my life. Guess that's not such a bad thing though. LOL. So I really can't complain about that!

Aileen
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
^^^
That. Even though DH tells me he loves me daily, I don't really believe it (we've been together for 15+ years) and I was 100 lighter when we met. I cannot allow him to love me like that :(

I don't know what to tell you that will help change the way that you feel, because I feel that way and always have. Don't let go of the love your partner has for you...I lost the man and life of my dreams because I wouldn't let him love me because I didn't love myself. Don't lose that person.

anr121110
09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I hate looking at myself in pictures. I still see myself 80 lbs lighter and it's a shock when I see how heavy I've gotten :(

Mimzzy
09-11-2011, 01:26 AM
I hate the looks people give me, I hate not feeling comfortable in my own skin, I hate that I don't like being intimate with my boyfriend and I hate being sad and constantly thinking about it. The list could go on and on, I take comfort in knowing that I have taken control and am actively trying to change! We should all be so proud of ourself, it takes a strong person to commit to change and give it everything we got!

SoHereitGoes
09-11-2011, 02:02 AM
I've got quite a list ahaha.
1) How when I genuinely am not hungry and do not want something tasty that is offered, people push it on me like I'm lying.
2) How I feel really self-conscious and am basically completely covered, arms, legs, everything even in the sweltering heat
3) Being paranoid any time I'm out with thin friends/family that I'm being stared at or judged
4) Contributes to my issues with self-worth. I feel like I'm ruining everyone's day when Im out in public. I know this isn't solely about weight, but that's a HUGE part of it
5) Always feeling like there's a pretty girl hiding under all of the ickkk
6) People expect me to be borderline dead after any mild-moderate physical activity
7) The 'you carry it well' and the 'you don't look that big!" remarks. Um, I could lose a small person in weight. Don't lie to me.
8) Feeling like I have to overcompensate in other ways to make up for what I lack physically. I'm obsessed with vanity, hair, makeup, you name it.
9) How it's the first thing someone throws in your face when you get in a p!ssing match.
10) Feeling guilty whenever I eat even if I'm genuinely hungry.
11) Feeling out of place at the gym like I'm a freakshow.

Think that's enough for now.

Oh, and *noob wave*

hometowngirl
09-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Not wanting to go out, not wanting to buy new clothes & not wanting to start a relationship even though I am lonely. I can't expect a guy to love me until I am happy with myself.

SunnyJee
09-11-2011, 05:02 AM
I have a strong facade, but I guess I'm still deathly afraid of falling for someone who won't like me due to my body. I look good in clothes, but naked...well, there's still so much I dislike. And until I am ok with me, I don't see how I'll let anyone else near :(

katTV
10-04-2011, 09:50 PM
I hate the fact that I am in medical school, eating the same 2 slices of cheese pizza lunch as my classmates and feel guilty for it. Or that I have to constantly hear how lazy fat people are when I'm sitting here busting my *** right alongside these people.

MrsTee
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Feeling inferior to thin people. People who are not as smart, funny, pretty, or interesting as me I still feel are up the ladder from me as a FAT person. Society places us only slightly above people with leprosy ( apologies to any 3fc -ers who do ACTUALLY have leprosy - tough to be fat AND have leprosy....)

kaplods
10-04-2011, 11:03 PM
I hate that I am expected to hate myself, and that refusing to do so is seen as a defect.

I used to believe that hating fat was mandatory for weight loss, so when I couldn't muster enough sustained hatred to lose the weight, I'd go off the diet.

I learned that hatred of any kind wasn't a prerequisite for weight loss. Using diet and exercise to love and pamper the wonderful me has worked out so much better than using it to punish the horrible, hate-worthy me.

I don't have to hate anyone or anything to succeed, and that works out much better for me, because I'm not very good at sustaining hatred for anyone. I don't hold grudges - not even, maybe especially even against myself.

Sunshine73
10-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Hmmm - I've got quite a list.

I hate

Not being able to find cute clothes that match my personality
Being afraid to try new things because I might be "too fat" to do them
Not being able to do the things I'd like to do because I AM too fat to do them (amusement park rides, horseback riding, etc.)
Being laughed at, ridiculed and made fun of because of my weight
Being self conscious about eating in public because I know people look at me and judge what I'm eating

Ryler832
10-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I dislike the rolls of fat hanging over my pants.

MustardFan
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I've never been so big that it interfered with my life/mobility. For that, I am thankful. However, I've always been chubby, or...bulky.

-Always starting a new diet.
-Always telling myself I'll get fit by a certain date and...
-beating myself up for staying the same weight by the set date..
-ruining vacations because of low self confidence and disappointment about my weight which I just mask by being rude to everybody while looking at all of the fit people having fun.
-Thinking people will love me more if I was skinny.
-Thinking that weightloss= praise and gaining weight equals failure.
-Not being able to wear a bikini.

I could go on and on, but it's a vicious cycle. Getting fit is so much a psychological thing with me than anything. It's funny, I grew up and still have my mom as an example- she used to be a blonde bombshell in her youth (she's still young-ish, 46!) but has now gained weight. However, she has no qualms about her body. She loves herself the way she is. And it is so refreshing to see someone who is slightly overweight and not give a damn if anyone says anything and looks at you funny. She says, "if someone has a problem with my weight- it's their damn problem!". Sometimes she annoys me because I want her to get fit to remain healthy.

gagalu
10-05-2011, 04:12 AM
everything

IsobelRose22
10-05-2011, 05:57 AM
-Being the biggest one at family get togethers, My mum, sisters, Aunt and cousin are all much much slimmer than me. (They're all very positive about anything I do and never ever tried to make me feel bad about my weight, so this is more my own issue)
-Not feeling comfortable going out on a night out, clothes shopping, or doing the things I want to do, because my confidence isn't great (getting better though).
-Terrified that if I try going to a fun fair or theme park i'll get stuck in the rides.
-I really hate feeling like I have to cover up completely because I hate my arms and legs.
-Being dumped over my weight.

IsobelRose22
10-05-2011, 05:59 AM
Oh and finally...

-Hating the camera. I spend my life detagging myself in facebook, avoiding the camera, and if someone does catch me I feel like I have to vet the photo to see if it looks alright. Its gotten so bad that there aren't any photos of me that go below the shoulders.

Unna
10-05-2011, 06:27 AM
I hate frequently adjusting my clothes - while walking, sitting, etc.

I hate that my boyfriend is still thinner than I am!

I hate that I feel like I am letting my body hold me back a bit.... why can't I just stop snacking and overeating?

berryblondeboys
10-05-2011, 08:20 AM
There are so many things I hate about being fat:

1. I hate I allowed it to affect my health - including developing blood sugar problems. I can control them with diet now, but I cannot just eat whatever way I want. I did that to myself by getting fat.

2. I hate that I have ruined parts of my body forever because of being overweight. And surgery really isn't an option (and that just leaves different scars).

3. I hate that I wasted my 20s and 30s so fat - the prime of my life - the time I could have been so much more vibrant and pretty and sexy - I hid behind fat.

4. I hate that I put my husband through all of that. He worried about me, my future, our future. And of course it affected his attraction to me. He never stopped loving me, but wasn't as attracted to me.

5. I hate that being fat allowed me to feel less confident. I know it cost me job opportunities too.

tethatsme
10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
people thinking I was pregnant

berryblondeboys
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
people thinking I was pregnant

Or being pregnant and people can't tell until I'm in my 8th or 9th month.

MaryTylerMoore
10-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Sheesh, I could write a book about what I hate...
I hate...
~what being fat has caused with my relationship with food.
~that all the clothes on the clearance racks are sizes 2-6.. never my size.
~that I can always find "trouble spot" on my body.
~that my mother finds it so easy to point out that I'm fat and that I overeat.
~that I fear pregnancy. I hope that when I'm pregnant, I'm skinny so people can tell and so I get the classic baby bump.
~that I have never worn a bikini in public.

Let's hope these all get better!

lora m
10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I know I won't ever have a perfect body because of the ageing process, some loose skin (not that much). So I can easily point out problematic areas if I wish to, during maintenance. Still, generally I much prefer the way look now to the way I did when I was fatter.

When fat, I hated...

~sitting in a chair with arms and finding it too snug
~sitting on public transport and feeling squashed up to other people
~quickly tiring and getting breathless on hills or climbing stairs
~more joint pains
~more limited choice of clothes and finding that most were unflattering
~thighs rubbing together in a skirt in summer
~feeling older than my age

Bethedee
10-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I hate not being beautiful. Everyone is beautiful in some way except me. I just can't, don't, feel that way. Every time I look in the mirror, I see the results of failure. I spend so much time afraid of whenever I'm next going to drop the ball and start gaining again. Every time I drop it, I get a little heavier than the time before. I want to turn around; I want to run in the opposite direction. I want to be able to run period. I go to a beautiful college with a huge pond, and out the windows I see the leaves of the trees around the pond change color, and I want to be able to run there on the trails. I want to run and not feel so much pain. I want to look in a mirror and not feel so much hurt.

Jojo381972
10-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I hate that:

*I know I can be thinner as I was that person twenty years ago. It gets me upset that I allowed myself get to where I am now. It also motivates me to get back to where I was.
*It takes so long to lose weight and that it is a daily struggle that not everyone has to go through (thin people).
*I can't feel overly good in my clothes (that is slowly changing).
*Most of my friends are thinner than I am. I hate being the fattest one in the photos.
*I hate that I can't wear a bikini.
*I hate feeling less pretty compared to thin people. I want to turn heads too.
*I hate feeling obsessed with losing fat. Maybe being totally focused isn't such a bad thing.

JaneDoe357
10-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I hate not having the confidence I used to have. I hide from cameras, it's hard finding clothes that flatter me, I don't feel sexy with my boyfriend. I absolutely hate obsessing over food, whether something is too fattening, too many carbs, too much sugar, etc. I feel like I spend most of my day figuring out what I CAN eat that I actually enjoy. Basically, I hate thinking about my weight all the time. I just want to be able to enjoy my life without the constant nagging in my head about how I look and whether I'm going to gain weight or not.

MZwoods
10-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I hate being stared at when out in public, and going to restaurants. I hate not being able to wear pretty clothes and most importantly I hate not being healthy.

Panacea86
10-07-2011, 05:43 PM
-Fearing mirrors/reflective surfaces
-Never being photographed (I don't even have a before picture! ****, I don't have an after picture!)
-Clothes not fitting
-Not feeling sexy
-Believing every thin woman is worth more than I am
-Looking older

luckyme0510
10-08-2011, 02:31 PM
*I hate that I feel embarrassed to order something fattening at a restaurant, but I feel just as embarrassed to order something healthy.

*I hate that I ruined my body forever, even when I finally lose this weight I will never look as sexy or feel as confident as I did before... I am COVERED in stretch marks.

*I hate it that my husband doesn't show people my picture anymore. I know he always used to show people he met a picture of me 60 lbs ago.

*Someone else mentioned this, and I'm going to second it... it's actually one of the things I hate the most... Readjusting my clothes all the time, my clothes always want to bunch up in the most unflattering ways. I also hate wearing an undershirt all the time... even in the summer.

*I hate the general feeling of being big. I feel like I wobble. I feel like I'm always trying to squeeze in or out of something, whether it be clothes, a desk, the car.

*After the last 20lbs that I gained I developed a double chin. I hate that when I'm reading a book in my lap I can feel my double chin being squished between my chest and regular chin... grosses me out.

*I hate how insanely jelous I feel of naturally skinny people (such as my sister who eats way more than I do and is a size 0). I don't want to be a size 0, I just really love to eat and I wish I could do so freely without the repercussions like some other people.

bellastarr
10-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Pretty much everything.

Feeling like no matter where i go people look at me and think omg she's fat, i wonder what she eats, etc

Feeling unworthy of anyone to love me, being afraid to date/put myself out there

Feeling like i could be pretty if i wasn't fat

ALways thinking how fat do i look in this

Feeling embarrassed when i run into someone who hasn't seen me

Even getting compliments now of "you look like you are losing weight" makes me uncomfortable because it is a constant reminder that even though i've lost i still have a long way to go

Feeling like a freak always eating salad, thinking skinny people must be judging me saying to themselves she must eat more than salad cuz look at her

FreeBird3
10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I hate the fact that I let insecurities about my weight rob me of having a chance to be in a relationship with a man that I've been in love with for nearly 20 years (we met when we were teenagers...we are now in our 30s). Ever since I was a little girl, my family and relatives have told me that I need to lose weight because I'm fat. Looking back on my pictures as a child and teenager, I was NEVER fat. However, in Asian cultures, anything above a size 6 is considered fat. :(

Anyway, to make the long story short...I found out that my childhood love is now engaged to be married. I'm SO angry at myself for not pursuing something with him. He may or may not have been "the one"....but now I"ll never know for sure. We both confessed that we had a crush on each other and up until 2 years ago he would keep on hinting that he wanted more...but all I could think of to myself (thanks to my negative up bringing) was let me hold off until I lose just 15 lbs...then I won't be embarassed for him to touch me.

:( I'll never know now. I hate myself for letting my poor self esteem get in the way of my potential happiness. I saw a picture of the woman that my childhood love is going to marry. I kick myself because, even though she is indeed an attractive woman, I can soooooo compete with her...she's not skinny, but not fat...she is curvy...and I'm curvy....I could have got him if only I felt like I was "pretty enough" for him. Thanks family for distoring my body image when I was a girl...cost me my chance with him.

sticking2it
10-09-2011, 03:21 AM
I hate how much time gets waisted! Either wasting time beating myself up for being fat or not doing what I want because I am self conscious or physically un able to participate. The good times I have missed because of being fat and un healthy! No more wasted time!

laali
10-09-2011, 07:36 AM
1. Shame. What a useless emotion, and I've wasted so much time and energy being deeply ashamed of myself. I've completely curtailed my life b/c of this stupid persistent headtrip. I never thought I'd live the life I'm living the way I'm living it, all in large part to zero self-esteem. I'm not clueless, so why can't I ever seem to separate my appearance from my sense of self-worth?!

2. The way that comments about my appearance are apparently supposed to double as some sort of friendly greeting. Like, others alongside me get the "hi, how've you been?" but i get "wow, you've lost weight!" or "you're looking so much healthier than last time I saw you" or something else body-related. No matter how genuine/good-natured the comment, I always read into it, and take it as a deep-down snipe when there is (probably) none intended. And no matter how I was doing prior, it makes me feel worse to even be noticed and called out for my appearance in this kind of way. So, I miss out on things b/c I can't deal with the inevitable judgment/commentary, instead of just shrugging my shoulders or blowing it off lightly. Totally envious of people with good self-regard.

...Working on how I think about these things, but UGHhhhhHHHh.

hotcakes65
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
just finding it harder to walk up the hills that i used to. i lost two stones two years ago and put it back on i can remember how much easier hill walking was then which is my hobby

Kendi
10-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I hate everything about being fat! I hate never being able to find cute clothes to fit me, I hate hearing doctors tell me I need to lose weight.... as if I didn't already know! I hate walking upstairs and breathing heavy, I hate how disgusted I feel looking at myself, I hate how people look at me like I'm just a big mass of nasty flesh and not a human being, I hate how my stomach feels when I try to eat healthy but am always hungry, I hate how much easier it is to gain weight than to lose it, I hate when people in a classroom start scooting their desks further apart so I can fit, I hate how every time I hear the word fat the first thing that comes to mind is myself, I hate how much influence my weight has on me (I've never been happy with my body), and I really freaking hate how I feel like less of a person the higher the number on the scale is! :/

toastedsmoke
10-10-2011, 12:32 PM

THIS!

WannaBeLoserAgain
10-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Seeing my pictures in photographs. I do not see myself looking so heavy until it is photographed.

I hate the discomfort in my joints. I hate the fullness in my stomach.

Emerald Eyes
10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
My husband thinks I'm the most beautiful person in the world. He honestly does, and he makes me feel beautiful.

I hate it when I hate myself so much that I'm ashamed for him to touch me at all. I'm honestly not even that big-- my heaviest has been 135lbs (just barely in the overweight catagory), but if I don't stop now I'll be much bigger in no time.

I hate dreading clothes shopping-- and when I need to go back for the bigger size.

summerlove
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Feeling particularly discouraged today :(

- How uncomfortable and unhealthy I feel with myself. How gross I feel sitting on the subway with my stomach pooling over the waistband of my pants after a long day at work
- How clothes that looked great when I was 10 pounds lighter (my lowest :( ) and now they look bad
- My low energy and self confidence
- Thinking about how my stomach and thighs look chubby when I'm getting intimate with my boyfriend (who is the love of my life and loves me not matter what)

DClady
10-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Being sweaty! I hate to be the stereotypical sweaty fat chick, and I live in DC where it's like 100 degrees and swampy in the summer. All of this extra "insulation" does NOT help!

Icey21
10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Never feeling beautiful, not finding clothes to fit like i want, always thinking i am ugly, or seeing myself before i get a shower =(

dominodreams
10-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I hate my back pain. I had spinal fusion surgery when I was 14 and now, 12 years later, I have two compressed disks and my back hurts every day. I have to use a heating pad at work and a few years of sitting on a heating pad at its highest setting appears to have started cooking my flesh - my lower back is darkened and mottled and uglier than any of my stretch marks.

Losing even 10lbs would make great strides to helping my back pain, but losing 30-40lbs would... Well, I don't know... But if I don't get healthy now I could be using a cane by the time I'm 30...

mkendrick
10-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Hmm, well, I'm going to change the original question to "What do you hate most about not being at maintenance weight?" Because I feel crummy about myself whenever I'm out of my range. So crummy that I feel like I might as well be 180lbs again.

I hate wasting any minutes of my day being unhappy with my body. I wasted too many years being unhappy with my body. Pretty much from the age that I recognized that my body wasn't the standard definition of "perfect" until I was about 22. And that's such a sad state to be in. When I'm at my goal weight, I love my body for what it is. No, it's still not the standard definition of perfect, but it's MY body in its best form, and I love it. When I'm away from that goal, I just feel like I'm wasting my time.

JollyGreenSteen19
10-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I hate how I look and feeling embarrassed being seen by family members or high school friends I haven't seen in years. Sometimes you see that "look" like a double take on their face at how fat you've gotten and it kills!

I also hate clothes not fitting above all. I feel like I wear nothing but elasticy stretchy waste stuff... and maternity shirts O.O. I hate to spend money buying expensive "plus size" clothes that are fashionable because I think I am going to just lose weight anyways.... I just spent $100 on new fat scrubs and those are almost too tight now - I ripped a pair getting into my car one day.

I hate huffing and puffing over ONE flight of stairs.

DaughterOfVenus
10-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I hate being "the funny friend."

DaughterOfVenus
10-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh, and I hate wasting time trying everything in my closet on just to find something that doesn't make me feel completely embarrassed to be seen in.

FunSize
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Not doing anything because of my weight. I never want to see family or friends. I always say "I need to lose X amount before I can call that person", etc. I am putting my entire life off because of my weight.

DaughterOfVenus
10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
OH! And waking up in the morning with my feet hurting so much I can barely hobble until they warm up.

noelle8310
10-18-2011, 06:19 PM
I hate how I look and feeling embarrassed being seen by family members or high school friends I haven't seen in years. Sometimes you see that "look" like a double take on their face at how fat you've gotten and it kills!

I also hate clothes not fitting above all. I feel like I wear nothing but elasticy stretchy waste stuff... and maternity shirts O.O. I hate to spend money buying expensive "plus size" clothes that are fashionable because I think I am going to just lose weight anyways.... I just spent $100 on new fat scrubs and those are almost too tight now - I ripped a pair getting into my car one day.

I hate huffing and puffing over ONE flight of stairs.

Amen to just about everything you said. I hate not being able to wear all of my size 8/medium clothes that are now collecting dust around my house. I hate that I am still wearing maternity pants because I was so sure the weight would melt right off and my daughters are now 14 months old (oops). I HATE when people don't recognize me, and then they say in that fake nice voice, "Oh it's because you have brown hair now!" (I used to be blonde) and I look at them and say, "Haha, no it's because I am 65-80 lbs heavier than when you last saw me." (depending on when they last saw me) I played volleyball in college, and could lap my teammates when we were running in practice. 2.5-3 years later, and I probably would struggle running a lap. I just want to be better than I was before.

Princess Squish
10-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Absolutely all of it.
The look, the feel, the stares, the words.

crimsons
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
One word: Chico's.

Smiling_Sara
10-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I hate the fact that people always make fun of me! :(

:hug: I haven't had this happen to me much. I hate that others do suffer this. i hate bullies.

What I hate most?

Shopping at plus size stores

My HUGE muffin top

My double chin

Feeling unworthy and not loving myself, and feeling that because of this, nobody else can love me.

Natasha1534
10-18-2011, 09:25 PM
When I was bigger, I hated that I was scared to meet new people. I always feared the initial meeting and the "OMG, I didn't know she was THAT big" that I always assumed they were thinking. 95 pounds lighter I don't have those same fears.

MrsTee
10-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Feeling inferior to everyone who is thin. IN these days of political correctness FAT is the only acceptable category of people others can make fun of, laugh about, talk about on radio etc.
Big debate here about charging extra for obese people to buy an extra aeroplane seat if they don't fit under the arm rest clearly.
The stuff people are saying about obese people - its really scary that it has become so acceptable to say oh heavens yes they bring it on themselves lazy slobs - and has frightened me off flying again...

Cali Doll
10-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Hmm, well, I'm going to change the original question to "What do you hate most about not being at maintenance weight?" Because I feel crummy about myself whenever I'm out of my range. So crummy that I feel like I might as well be 180lbs again.

I hate wasting any minutes of my day being unhappy with my body. I wasted too many years being unhappy with my body. Pretty much from the age that I recognized that my body wasn't the standard definition of "perfect" until I was about 22. And that's such a sad state to be in. When I'm at my goal weight, I love my body for what it is. No, it's still not the standard definition of perfect, but it's MY body in its best form, and I love it. When I'm away from that goal, I just feel like I'm wasting my time.

Everything she said. Expect, for me, replace "180" with "230".

CloudySky
10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
There are so many things I hate about being fat. Seeing my husband look at other women and feeling insecure like he would rather be with someone who looked like that... not blaming him for it if he does... thinking my "hot" days were already over ten years ago even though I'm only 28... Wearing the same holy clothes I've had for years because nothing looks good enough on me to waste money on... people always thinking I'm pregnant. The pregnant one is the worst and is actually what drove me to go to war on my fat. Someone confidently made a comment to my other kids about their upcoming brother or sister and it was just one time too many for me. It's one thing if someone hesitantly asks if you're pregnant or something, but people are sure I'm pregnant. I just say, "I'm not pregnant, just fat, thank you." I can't wait to never hear that again.

Alwaysbeenbig
10-19-2011, 04:32 AM
I hate the fact that I have denied myself normal experiences growing up becasue I was embarrased about my weight. So you know what I mean:

- Not wearing/trying makeup because I was fat so it didn't make any difference to the way I looked. I literally felt like the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" was made for me.

- purposely avoiding going out in public because I didn't want to burden my friends. In my head it was "I mean really, what person wants to admit that they are friends with a fatty"

Basically It was self sabotage through my entire teen years and then I got out of high school, decided that I had some control and continued to gain 70lbs (35kgs) in 2 years and it is still there, making everything even worse.

(sorry bad day)

Alwaysbeenbig
10-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Oh God!

How's this today I was walking in a local shopping centre only to here this from a mother who was saying no to a young child getting a milkshake.

"You are not getting a milk shake! I said NO! Do you see that girl there?" (pointing to me) "Do you want to be fat and ugly like her? No? Then no milkshakes!"

I was so embarrassed I went straight to the car and drove home. I have had some cruel things said and done to me, but this one takes the cake. :(

yoyoma
10-19-2011, 08:23 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

That is appalling!!!

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I caught a lot of crap when I was young from other kids, but most adults have a modicum of social skills. She obviously does not, and she is teaching her child a lesson that she is not intending to teach. I feel very sorry for that child too. I'm glad that you are in a position to take charge and you are likely never to see her again. I know it hurts a lot but her comment says much more about her than you. That poor child is stuck with that terrible mother and is not likely to learn about consideration for others.

You are fighting a tough battle and you don't sniping on top of everything else. You will have to look ahead instead of behind and leave her in the dust.

:hug::hug::hug:

Kattt
10-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I hate that when I was fat, people treated me so differently than they do now. People made fun of me, and disrespected me my entire life. And some of the same people who look me up & down now, interested... couldn't even look me respectfully in the eyes when I was even just 20-30lbs heavier. Some "friends" were even embarrassed to go out in public with me.

I'm happy that I have a few close loved ones that treat me the same regardless of my weight, and I love them dearly for their acceptance.

Baicane
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
EVERYTHING! I hate feeling like I can't wear what I want and I hate knowing it is never going to stop.

pointspluspioneer
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I hate the fact that my weight is on my mind 99% of the day and that i've wasted ALOT of years this way :(

I can't accept the fact that my bf loves me for me!

Charin
10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
I just reached goal recently but I can definitely relate with most of these.

I hated the pain in my knees
Snoring/sleep apnea
Having a closet full of clothesnthat didn't fit me.
Not being able to keep up with the kids.
Always being the fat mom at the park or the pool
Being overly uncomfortable in the summer, hot, sweaty, etc.
Because I was continuously gaining weight, always having to get new clothes for the coming season, as previous years wouldn't fit me. So just getting a few basic pieces to get by, always in a larger size and which of wouldn't look great in my ever expanding body.
Feeling watched judged whenever I was eating .
Etc tc

Oh, always having my pants pinching me at the waist
Getting too close to my husbands weight for my taste( he is 8 inches taller and just in general big!)
Having a skinny 7 year old daughter who otherwise looks just like me, so I could imagine people saying "she looks just like her mom except her mom is fat" I wanted us to look alike with no caveats..

Could go on and on.

Oh and that lady was beyond rude and not s good example for her kid, wow.

Snowfeather
10-19-2011, 11:16 PM
I hate the feeling of it, and it makes me feel ugly. And my behind is always bumping into stuff :P

CloudySky
10-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Agreed that mom did an atrocious injustice to her daughter teaching her to treat other people like some kind of animals on exhibit who are at the mercy of her scrutiny. And that is on top of the fact that she made her daughter feel like not being fat should be at the top of her to do list in life. Just plain awful.

I also hate that relief that comes when cooler weather approaches and you think, "Good, now it will be easier to cover myself in clothes!" I would like to never have to worry about warm seasons approaching that will require less clothes for comfort.

Natasha1534
10-20-2011, 11:53 PM
OMG, I can't believe I forgot this one...I hated walking into classrooms (be it college or high school or whatever) and the feeling of having to SQUEEZE through the rows of desk and hope and pray that I didn't make too much noise when I finally FOUND a seat. I would try to get to class EARLY so that I didn't have the whole class there looking at me as I made the walk of shame, LOL

Callmesmall
10-21-2011, 12:09 AM
thin people (who have never had a weight problem), look at you and think that they are better or have something over you.:cry:

dancinginpaint
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry for you and that child that the woman acted that way... She is not worth your time and emotion.

I dislike paying so much more for hideous plus size clothing, $50 for an ugly huge flower print shirt in crappy fabric. Really? That is all designers have to offer?

Swim suit shopping also, in general any shopping.

Worrying what my DH is currently thinking about my weight, whether i'm up or down.

Feeling guilty or ashamed about meeting DH's co-workers, for fear they will pity him in having me as a wife.

The fear of running into people I have not seen in years.

Having a girlfriend who doesn't want to hang out and talk much and fearing its because I have gotten fat and she is embarrassed.

I don't need attention from other men or women, but it would be nice if they didn't act like my fat is contagious if we bump by each other, or walk by each other in tight quarters.

le sigh :(

delilah007
10-21-2011, 02:13 PM
that i dont love myself the same way i feel like my husband looks at me different even tho he says he loves me the way i am and that i cant fit back into my old size 7 jeans

magraba
10-21-2011, 04:56 PM
+1

+2

Bridget Jones
10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
1. Shopping in overpriced plus size stores, missing out on fun fashion trends (calf boots, etc.)
2. Being squished while flying
3. Dreading photos at special events
4. Running like a turtle in molasses
5. Wearing a suit of armor to the beach
6. Feeling uncomfortable in shorts - I haven't worn regular shorts outside in forever
7. Boring halloween costumes - I want to be Xena, Lara Croft, etc.
8. Wide feet make some shoes impossible - or worse, it looks like someone is baking bread in your shoes
9. Putting up with dimwittery in relationships because of low self-esteem
10. Always having to find a shrug or some such ridiculous cover up for my arms
11. Feeling like the ugly sister because I'm fat, when in actuality I look just like my thinner sisters

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Callmesmall
10-21-2011, 11:46 PM
1. Shopping in overpriced plus size stores, missing out on fun fashion trends (calf boots, etc.)
2. Being squished while flying
3. Dreading photos at special events
4. Running like a turtle in molasses
5. Wearing a suit of armor to the beach
6. Feeling uncomfortable in shorts - I haven't worn regular shorts outside in forever
7. Boring halloween costumes - I want to be Xena, Lara Croft, etc.
8. Wide feet make some shoes impossible - or worse, it looks like someone is baking bread in your shoes
9. Putting up with dimwittery in relationships because of low self-esteem
10. Always having to find a shrug or some such ridiculous cover up for my arms
11. Feeling like the ugly sister because I'm fat, when in actuality I look just like my thinner sisters

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Stop reading my mind.... LOL. Thanks for sharing

afchicana
10-23-2011, 11:47 AM
After gaining 30+ lbs in 2 yrs (moved away at the same time...depression is a b*tch) I am so ashamed and embarrassed to see people now that we've moved back. I've basically been hiding out in the house ..not good for weightloss..but now that I've got my treadmill/treadmill desk (see post in fitness) I've strapped myself to that so I'm trying to do something about that.

afchicana
10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I always forget about the airplane seat thing until I'm boarding the plane (at least twice a month) and then I try to convince myself that the seats are just smaller now because of the cheapo airlines.

GwenSue
10-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I hate the stares and the name calling.
I hate how family is not supportive (Calling me fat and unattractive and then 2 hours later 'surprising' me with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, which I did not ask for.)
I hate how my husband's family stares at my double chin and stomach.
I hate not having clothes that fit me properly.
I hate not being attractive to my husband.
I hate going out in public.
I hate feeling ashamed for how I look.
I hate the hanging skin from current weight loss; I have 100+ pounds to go, how uglier is this going to get?
I hate dreading having my picture taken. I have hardly any pictures of me with my children.
I hate how I can't ride a horse because I weigh too much. I used to ride all the time.
I hate not having ANY friends or being able to make them after moving up north. Who wants to be friends with someone who is obese?

Bridget Jones
10-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I hate not having ANY friends or being able to make them after moving up north. Who wants to be friends with someone who is obese?

This is one I'll have to strongly disagree on. I have amazing, incredibly supportive friends who don't care what I weigh. They love me for the person I am and the feeling is mutual. When I'm focused on weight loss, they're supportive, and when I'm having a tough time, they're there. I'm fortunate, but I'm also just as good of a friend to them. We go through breakups, disappointments, new jobs, lost jobs, etc.

I think anyone who wouldn't be a person's friend because they're overweight is a person with serious judgment issues, and anyway I wouldn't want to be their friend in the first place. Who needs that kind of judgment from people who are supposed to love you? Could you imagine if every person struggling with some personal issue couldn't have any friends?

You may be having trouble making friends because of your own shame/attitude toward your weight, but being fat alone does not mean a person has no friends, or their friends are somehow not genuine.

MsFierceFab
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
I hate how my relationship with my father is now damaged due to him constantly making cruel remarks about my weight.
I hated how everyone commented on "How big" i've gotten throughout my childhood.
I hated not being able to find cute clothes in my size. Having to constantly shop online.
I hated how my jeans would only last 3 months due to my thighs rubbing
I hated how I was invisible to guys when I went out with my slimmer friends
I hated how every guy i dated never introduced me to their friends or family
I hated how fat I looked in pictures
I hate how I was nicknamed "big girl" throughout my whole life
I hated my double chin

Jadeybaby
10-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I hate that I am scared to let anyone close to me because a lot of the time I feel worthless

Pag0206
10-24-2011, 08:21 PM
I hate worrying if my bottom will fit in that particular chair. I hate that I cannot fly because I dont think I can fit in the seat.

Steph7409
10-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I hate hating myself for being fat.
I hate that I've used being fat as a way to isolate myself.

kirsteng
10-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I hate worrying if my bottom will fit in that particular chair. I hate that I cannot fly because I dont think I can fit in the seat.

Amen to this one!! This is SO me! One of the problems of being both overweight and pear shaped - aargh! :devil:

GonnaTurnHeads
10-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I hate feeling like the hulk around all my girlfriends.

kelly585
10-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I would like to feel sexy... its been way to long!

Rainy
10-26-2011, 02:14 AM
I hate feeling like I'm not good enough for the guys I'm attracted to. They always go after the small, petite athletic girls... and I'm tall, chubby, and not so athletic.

It kind of isn't fair since I know I can offer them a super personality... That and deep down I feel like I'm a thin person, it just doesn't reflect on the outside.

4theloveof
10-27-2011, 12:34 AM
My family are big beach-goers in the summertime, and I HATE being on the beach on vacation and feeling like everyone is looking at/judging me and my one-piece/thunder thighs. For once I would like to walk down the beach in my bathing suit (no cover up!) and feel confident!

I also hate that my weight holds me back from relationships. I never even try to pursue anything with guys (even if there's a hint they might be interested) because I'm SO SURE that they don't want to be dating a fat girl. I've definitely missed out on opportunities because of that.

Most of all I just hate looking in the mirror and being so unhappy. Because I see my fat self, but I also see what I could be if I just lost the weight. Which is why I'm here now.

KittyKatFan
10-27-2011, 01:05 AM
So many things I hate. Not sure I can choose just one...

I hate that, EVERY single morning for two decades, my first thought when I wake up is my weight.

I hate that my nonexistent self-esteem has resulted in my being alone in my house every single Friday and Saturday night. I have accepted that I will be alone and die alone, and that is sad.

I hate that I am smart and good at my job, yet others get promoted. Not sure if it is my appearance or whether my lack of self-confidence keeps me from being considered a good leader, but either way it comes back to my weight.

I hate that I have to shop for clothes through mail order catalogs because I'm too fat to wear anything in the store.

And I hate that I have missed out on great opportunities because of my weight: I didn't go go-Karting because I was worried I wouldn't fit in the go-Kart. I didn't go to the amusement park with my work group because I was worried I wouldn't fit in the rides. I have avoided travel because of airline seats and because I worry that people in the country I visit - who I will never see again in my life - will make fun of me. How pathetic is that???

I hope I have the power to change things for the better...

Samantha18
10-27-2011, 01:36 AM
I hate that the simplest things are 10x harder than they should be. Like walking up a flight of stairs or even tying your shoes.

I hate how I'm stuck with a life I don't want. Everything is just passing me by. I should be at college right now but instead I'm at home, and I only leave the house maybe once every month or two, and have no job. I've also missed out on any hobby I've ever wanted to try. I feel like I've missed out on everything my whole life since I've been fat since I was a kid. It's hard waking up and knowing you've never got to do a single thing you dreamed of.

I hate how I have no self-esteem, which makes it impossible to want to get out of the house or live my life at all.

I hate not getting to wear clothes I like.

I hate being invisible. And if I'm not being ignored, my weight is all anyone sees.

JollyGreenSteen19
10-27-2011, 09:37 PM
So many things I hate. Not sure I can choose just one...

I hate that, EVERY single morning for two decades, my first thought when I wake up is my weight.

I hate that my nonexistent self-esteem has resulted in my being alone in my house every single Friday and Saturday night. I have accepted that I will be alone and die alone, and that is sad.

I hate that I am smart and good at my job, yet others get promoted. Not sure if it is my appearance or whether my lack of self-confidence keeps me from being considered a good leader, but either way it comes back to my weight.

I hate that I have to shop for clothes through mail order catalogs because I'm too fat to wear anything in the store.

And I hate that I have missed out on great opportunities because of my weight: I didn't go go-Karting because I was worried I wouldn't fit in the go-Kart. I didn't go to the amusement park with my work group because I was worried I wouldn't fit in the rides. I have avoided travel because of airline seats and because I worry that people in the country I visit - who I will never see again in my life - will make fun of me. How pathetic is that???

I hope I have the power to change things for the better...

Oh gosh I feel so much the same on everything. I think about my weight every morning, and at least 20 times a day since then. I feel like people treat me more harshly because I am fat - like I'm more annoying to them, where as I think if fI was thinner people would take me more seriously and like me more. I hate how people judge what I eat, like fat people can't eat.... if you try to eat healthy, theyt hink it's pathetic, if you bring McDonalds and eat Starbucks pastries they give you a dirty look. I hate it when my co workers/class mates stare at my food judgingly. I also hate where I have to get my clothes from. I hate shopping at Lane Bryant... I went there once with my mom to get bras and someone approached me thinking I worked there. Yup, you're fat and at this store, you must work here. Since moving back to my hometown after college I am TERRIFIED of going to even the grocery store cause I am worried I will see someone from high school or something, and they will see I went from fat to VERY fat. I'm also equally horrified to go to amusement parks, etc. I got kicked off a ride once because the lap bar couldn't go down. I haven't flown since I was 250 lbs and am scared to do it again. I don't like that I'm too afraid I won't be able to do activities, like paddle boating, because the life vests don't fit or I am too big and rock the boat getting in/out. I'm afraid that lab coats at work won't fit or that when I have to wear a belt with air supply for some hazardous work the belts don't fit!!!!! I also hate feeling like my husband isn't sexually attracted to me... he would rather watch porn than seduce me (I was overweight when we met, and have gained 80 lbs over the course of 4 years of dating), so living in a sexless marriage is tough. I occasionally look through his internet history, and it really hurts when I see days when he's looked at all these websites instead of looking forward to his wife coming home.

vanillasunshine
10-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Awh :( :hug: to everyone.

I used to hate myself but I love my personality now and I think that over powers anything physical about me. But some people choose to judge the outside first and I can't help but let it get to me sometimes.

I do hate that I can never seem to find clothes that fit right. I also hate when I get made fun of. It doesn't happen often but when it does I feel like I'm in elementary school all over again. I also hate that I've passed up going out with friends because all of them are skinny and I felt like everyone would notice me like a sore thumb. (I'm slowly getting over that and going out and I wish I had done that sooner!)

And I hate that I'm always uncomfortable.

Alwaysbeenbig
10-28-2011, 07:24 AM
I hate that I have to perform a gymnastics routine in order to be able to clean the inside of my car, without missing any spots. lol.

madmadz
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
I hate that being fat has prevented me from getting pregnant for the last 5 1/2 years.

FireFlying
10-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I hate feeling uncomfortable in clothes.

Plus, I hate my back fat. It just...hangs there. lol

cheerios
10-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't have much confidence and looking in the mirror when I try on clothes and just feel ugly in them.

JollyGreenSteen19
10-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Hmmm. I'm surprised and saddened that so many of you have internalized your weight and feel unloveable because of it. (Or more likely, you have externalized your lack of self-love and gained weight because of it...) We're all entitled to love and respect regardless of how much weight we carry. Truly. But then, we all have to believe that for ourselves. I believe all the same negative things about myself when I'm thin as well as when I'm fat. And I believe all the good, worthy things about myself fat and thin as well.

Thanks for saying this!!!!!!!!!! It saddens me to read too. I got engaged at my highest weight , and married at not my lower, and am back at my highest. There are men out there that are less attracted to some thin chick and more attracted to smart, confidant woman who loves who she is! "Fat" can be fabulous with our curves and ample chest. I just went to a comedian last night who gave a shout out to the bigger girls, we are temperpedics but sleeping with skinny girls is like laying on a futon frame :)

MissNikki930
12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
The number one thing I hate...clothing options. I can spend hours in the plus size section and find nothing! I can walk into a store, look at the "normal" sizes and immediately find tons of things I'd love to wear. On top of that, good plus size clothes can be so much more expensive and the decent looking stuff never goes on sale. I am 25, I do not want to dress like a granny. SO frustrating!

deblosingit
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
When I was at my highest weight, I snored really badly. It was so bad that my husband slept in the spare bedroom. I hated that!

I am happy to say that since I have lost almost 75 lbs I no longer snore and my husband is back! Yaaaay.

ArtyKay
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
I hate not feeling good about how I look. I hate that I avoid cameras and avoid drawing attention to myself because of how I look.

I hate that my husband is thin and fit and I'm flabby and out of shape. I don't feel like its fair to him. He's amazing and gorgeous, and he deserves to be married to a physical equal. He's never said anything about my weight, by the way, this is just what's in my head.

Also it impedes my sex life and that sucks. I don't feel comfortable being naked and that makes sex less enjoyable than it can be.

Most of all I hate that I'm not as CONFIDENT as I should be!!!

Edit: Ohh, and back fat. No matter how I try to dress, I always have that big roll of back fat. :( boobs front and back.

MeganTheMushroom
12-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Not looking at all like a health-conscious, active vegan... all because I can't keep from binging...

Ali524
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I hate that to the world I am invisible.

And I also hate not being able to fit on some roller coasters. :(

lm3898
12-07-2011, 10:18 AM
TOP FIVE:

1. Thighs rubbing together.

2. People ignoring you/staring at you - contradiction but I either get ignored for thinner friends or stared at [while thinking in my head everyone is seeing how fat/lazy I am].

3. Not feeling happy/sexy around my husband [though he's never said anything].

4. Feeling like it's going to take so much energy/effort/time to start over again.

5. Comments from my mother...

sontaikle
12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I hate feeling uncomfortable in clothes.

Plus, I hate my back fat. It just...hangs there. lol

I hated that too :( Bugged the crap out of me in the summer!

SophieSophieSophie
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Summer ! having my clothes stick to me, my thighs sticking and chaffing and being generally hot and sweaty. I hate that all my boyfriends mention that I could lose a few, or one even came out and said that he was embarrarsed to be seen with me I was so fat ! a**hole is bald now...that'll teach em !

baker23
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I hated that I got treated differently and dismissed more because of my weight
I hate that my body issues controlled my personality, and made me an extreamly shy person around people I don't know well
I hated not fitting into movie theatre seats and always asking for seatbelt extenders when I flew.
I hate that I can't seem to let myself get close to anyone because I always feel they'll judge me. This has caused every relationship i've had to fall apart :(
I hated shopping for shapeless, HIDIOUS clothes in plus sized stores that were way to expensive and not worth the fabric they were made from
I hated feeling judged everytime I ate something in public
I hated people telling me I would be pretty if I could only lose weight
I hated people judging my character before they knew me based on what I look like. This still happens. I am in pretty good shape and because of my height I wear my weight well. I've been called a B***h more times then I want to admit, from people who don't even know me. People always find a way to put another down...

I hated the Big granny underwear I had to wear
I hated that I was the fat funny friend
I hated summers because I felt like c**p in a swimsuit
I hated my double chin, enormous theighs, and the to many fat rolls to count
I hated going to the doctors because I knew I would get asked my weight
I hated dressing rooms because nothing would look good on me
I hated being obsessed with my weight. Thinking about it all the time wasen't healthy
I hated buffets for fear of being judged even more. Just because I'm overweight dosen't mean i'm going to eat everything -.-
I hated how much physical activity made me sweat. walking up stairs, walking home from school, moving around the house to clean.

I used to be extreamly miserable in my own body. When I started my weightloss journey I realized that just because my body changed dosen't mean I would. I had to accept my flaws, and just try and be the best I could. I needed to stop hating life so much, and go out and enjoy it. I'm 23 now. And for the past 2 years thats what I have been doing :) I'm finally in a good place, even if I still have a few more pounds to lose. I'm finally accepting myself for who I am

MsDana
12-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Feeling uncomfortable, physically and psychologically

Exactly that! I'm not worried about other people and what they think or say, but I'm currently 30 lbs overweight and physically, I feel awful.

racrane
12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
There are so many things.

I hate being judged. I hate knowing that men look at me when I'm thin and not so much when I'm heavier. I hate being so scared of the number on the scale. I hate how "thick" I am. I hate feeling rolls on my body that I didn't have a few years ago. I really hate how big my boobs get when I'm heavier (I can't run as easily then). Most of all, I hate how much I hate myself now. I wish I didn't feel this way.

Sophieeex3
12-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Being my biggest de-motivator. My fat is physical and phsycological obstacleAllowing the physical fat be a hinderance to being an active and great dancer, a hinderance to a potentially great social/college life, a hinderance to finding new love, a hinderance to expressing myself through clothes I wish I could wear. A hinderance to truly being me.

stimkovs
12-09-2011, 10:53 AM
8) Feeling like I have to overcompensate in other ways to make up for what I lack physically. I'm obsessed with vanity, hair, makeup, you name it.

I can totally relate to this.

When I was 80+ lbs bigger then I am now, I loved leopard print, and glitz, and glam and neon and giant cleavage and sky high stillettos. now i see it was anything that would get me attention.

i had lots of facial peircings, neon red hair, acrylics done etc.

now, that i am more comfortable in my skin, i no longer feel the need to draw attention to myself. i feel as though beiges and blacks and creams, and were plain things are more fitting.

i wear almost no makeup, i just "throw clothes on" and i am COMFORTABLE in them, i look good, and i feel good about it.

isn't it great how that changeS?

Christy1972
12-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Not being to be able to physically do what I want to do and as fast as I would like to.

This is the same way that I feel..I hate being tired of being tired!!:(

Lyn2007
12-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I hate the pain of knowing I could be better, that I am failing myself.

caliyah
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I hate the pain of knowing I could be better, that I am failing myself.

i relate to this a lot. i always feel like i didn't do myself justice....i could be better

RoxyPenny
12-11-2011, 06:48 AM
I hate trying on clothes and never finding anything that fits; hate sitting down and feeling my belly bulging against my waistband;hate being self conscious abt standing in front of a group; hate having to try hiding the belly when taking pics; hate always being the slowest in the group when walking down the hallway and then being out of breath; hate feeling so tired all the time; so many things to hate abt it.

ilovelosing
12-11-2011, 05:36 PM
I can relate to almost all of the previous posters...
1. I hate knocking things off of desks with my "huge" thighs/butt
2. I hate having to turn sideways to squeeze between rows of chairs
3. I hate that I'm just the "funny" one to my guy friends. Never the pretty or dateable one...
4. I hate my double chin. HATEHATEHATE!

Oh well, once I lose enough weight I won't have to worry about these things anymore. :)

GobabyGoGO
12-12-2011, 05:55 AM
1)myself
2)how I feel health wise
3)feeling unattractive
4)the awkwardness
5)the self doubt
I simply do not feel like myself nowadays I hate it! I know the weight is to blame

WannaBeLoserAgain
12-13-2011, 07:54 AM
I hate the way I look at my face in the mirror. I look ill when heavy, I look healthier now that I am lighter.

ArtyKay
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
I hate that I'm not as good in bed when I'm fat:o...physically and emotionally. :(

reallystruggling
04-30-2012, 04:54 AM
I HATE THAT MY THIGHS RUB AGAINST EACH OTHER AND MOVE MY SHORTS UP TOWARDS MY CROTCH!!

It's absolutely the worst feeling ever, especially when it's already so hot outside!!!

-sorry if someone has already posted this.. BUT IT'S JUST SO ANNOYING!!-

JollyGreenSteen19
05-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I hate the rare mirror situation where I catch a view of the back of me.... I think I can look shapely in the front but I hate my back fat and how lumpy all that looks.

LeilaJey
05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Not fitting into clothes right.
Insides of trousers wearing out because my thighs rub together.
Not being able to wear dresses in the Summer because my legs will rub together and it will be painful.
Feeling uncomfortable.
People watching what I'm eating.
Being afraid of sitting on things in case I break them.
How wide I am when I sit down.
How fat my cheeks look when I smile (are they trying to eat my eyes? ;))
Feeling weighed down.

Shaper
05-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Insides of trousers wearing out because my thighs rub together.

I have had to retire many pairs of pants because of this. Friction-damaged pants are something I hope to leave in the past ... along with the pounds that made them possible.

Only Me
05-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Definitely the thigh rub is up there, for the worn out pants and the shorts creeping upwards reasons.

basementcat
05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Legs rubbing together and ruining my jeans.
Stomach rolls and lovehandles visible with any type of clothes.
Huge breasts :(
Not being able to find my clothes size.
Looking like a green hippo in scrubs.
Fat face, makes my dimples show less :(

tricon7
05-07-2012, 12:18 PM
11) Feeling out of place at the gym like I'm a freakshow.

I go to the gym, also, but it's not the people who are in ultra-shape who motivate me. It's the people who are really out-of-shape who are exercising and have decided to get in there and get it done.

Elladorine
05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Feeling claustrophobic in my own body, that it physically holds me back and traps me. It's like wearing five layered leather coats that can never be taken off.

Walking into a store like Hot Topic to check out the cool, funny t-shirts and knowing that only the men's will fit me, not the women's. :(

Feeling ridiculous for wanting to wear makeup and nice clothes. Is it odd that dressing up in any form only makes me feel fatter sometimes? Like I shouldn't be bothering since there's no hope of feeling pretty anyway?

Knowing that my stomach is the biggest part of my body, and only finding jeans tailored for an hourglass figure, no matter the size, which always cuts into my stomach and gets insanely baggy in my thighs and butt.

Spending most of my life being a walking doormat since it felt like it was the only way I'd be accepted and liked. And spending most of my adult years being "one of the guys" among male friends that chatted up a storm with me but was never the one they flirted with.

That I'm still obese after losing over 100 pounds.

PinkLotus
05-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Having to shop in plus size stores. Most of them are way overpriced. The ones that aren't overpriced have a crappy selection. I know it's more material, but why should my size 16 jeans cost $20-$30 more than my friend's size 10's??
Looking around a room and realizing that I'm the fattest one there (sadly, I do this to myself way too often).
Having to take several pictures at different angles to get a decent one where I feel like I look at least somewhat presentable.
Feeling like a terrible role model for my daughter (which is why I'm here) and being terrified that she'll end up like me.

reallystruggling
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I totally agree about wearing out your pants!! Why can't manufacturers make the thigh region thicker on plus-size pant?? Sound weird, but how practical would that be!!

JollyGreenSteen19
05-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Didn't even think about the whole ruining my thighs!! I have a uniform I have to make last another 3.5 months, it's got a hole in the thigh returning after patching it up. Just hoping I sit right and no one notices........

I really hate being afraid to fly or go to movie theatres. I can barely fit into a movie theatre seat. I also hate all of my clothes, and looking so dumpy frumpy all the time. I feel SOO self conscious, even just going into the grocery store, terrified of seeing someone I know.

JollyGreenSteen19
05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Looking like a green hippo in scrubs.
(

I hear you. Scrubs are the least flattering clothes for anyone.

TexaninItaly
05-08-2012, 07:56 AM
I hate that I can't find clothes that fit because I live in Italy. I have to order them from the US and have them shipped here. Italians are not heavy so there aren't 1X or 2X clothes here. The Italian 2X is equivalent to the US XL.

Kahokkuri
05-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I feel your pain, TexaninItaly! I got excited once when I saw Adidas shorts on sale at my local mall, only to find nothing in my size. Apparently my American XL's are a Japanese 6X and my store/Japan only carries up to L or XL.

reallystruggling
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm living in asia too, and EVERYTHING IS TINY!!!! even online, they think a US size 4 is XXL!! crazy!

irishcanary
05-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I am sick of not being really hot. Its awful to say bit i want to be super slim and i want guys to drool all over me. I want to be that girl who guys just chat up and fancy. Sick of being okay looking. I want to be HOT.