WW At Home - How often to you weigh yourself?

View Full Version : How often to you weigh yourself?

nancylmrn
09-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Ok chicks I started back on Monday and wanted to see if I was making any progress even though my past losses I don't seem to see the loss until day 6. So here it was the begining of day four and I had to check and am down 2.0 which is awesome but it does not count until Monday morning.

Do any of you check during the week? If you do how does it effect the rest of your week?

Hikermc
09-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I weigh daily - sometimes twice a day - and I know that's not really recommended! It works for me, though, since it's more out of curiosity and a desire to hold myself accountable than anything else. One of the reasons why I got to my high weight was because I didn't weigh myself more than a couple times a year. Now I tend to weigh myself at night and in the morning, but if my scale says I gained a pound overnight I don't obsess about it. The home weigh-in that matters most to me is the one I do a couple of days before my official Tuesday weigh-in, since at that point I feel like I can really see a trend of losing or gaining but still have time to do something about it before my official weigh-in.

k5linderman
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I only weigh myself once a week, I find that I feel better about it because you can fluctuate so much with each meal I never can really get a good idea where I stand. Plus when I wait a whole week and I know I have been a good girl I get a nice surprise!

I tend to do it on Monday's, I always dread Monday mornings since its the start of a new work week and weighing in gives me something to look forward to! :cp:

SC Vitamin C
09-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Once a week every Friday morning. More than that and I will start obsessing and piss myself offfor no real reason.

Lovely
09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I weigh every morning, and have a chart for curiosity's sake.

However, I only officially count my Monday morning weigh-ins for adjusting my tracker and tickers.

nancylmrn
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Everyone seems to do something a bit different I guess it is all coming down to a personel choice. I weighed again this morning and noticed the scale wanted to go up a bit so I think for me I may just keep it to once a week that way I don't get all freaked out?

I have not tried taking my measurement that is just beyond scary to me, do you rely on your clothes to tell you inches lost?

KTPayne
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I normally only weigh myself once a week but sometimes I'll get on the scale in the morning as a modivation. I do my weekly weigh in on Saturday mornings

Aileen
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I weigh myself far too often and on too many different scales. I weigh myself when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed at night on my scale at home. I weigh myself up to 3 times a day at work when I use the washroom. I weigh myself on Monday and Wednesday nights when I go to class and I weigh-in at my WW meeting every Friday morning.

It's compulsive and I should stop because I think it's actually causing my weight loss to stagnate. The WW weight is the official measure because it gets recorded, but if I'm not down on the other scales throughout the week I start cutting calories, flushing, and exercising like crazy so that I have a loss on the WW scale. Sometime I think it backfires because I'm cutting too many calories and don't have enough energy to benefit from my workouts.

How do you know you're not getting out of hand if you only weigh in once a week?

dancerchickchic
09-10-2011, 10:56 AM
I weigh myself daily, but like others who have written above I pick one day in the week (thursday for me) to make it my official weight for that week.

I find that if i veer off track of my diet I will be able to see it when I weigh myself. It gives me the extra kick in the butt to get back in gear or have an extra good workout.

This doesnt work for everyone. You have to be able to understand that fluctuations in weight is normal. So, whatever works best for you.

BreathingSpace
09-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Once a week every Friday morning. More than that and I will start obsessing and piss myself offfor no real reason.

Me too! Even though I REALLY want to do it, it's just going to depress me if I'm up one morning because of an extra salty meal (or whatever reason my body decides to go up). I figure I have a better idea of my "real" weight if I just do it once a week.

Plus, if I've lost 3 lb overnight, that's a good indicator it's not a "real" weight loss of fat, but fluid shift. Nothing for me to get too excited about. :)

nancylmrn
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
well the true test is tomorrow morning my first offical weigh in...and Saturday night was not a good night for me had some cheese and wine yikes! but first time in a week that I went over my points usually I am under

nursemandi
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
i weigh myself twice a day..once in the morning and once at night before bed. it's a terrible habit but i can't stop, lol. it's my weird way of keeping myself motivated...strange, but true.

Tudor Rose
09-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Once a week: Monday mornings when I wake up.

If I try and do it midweek it screws with my head :-P

toothlady
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I weigh almost everyday....It helps to keep me on track! My WI day is Monday but I weigh on Friday to help keep myself on track over the weekends.

Neicy0909
11-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I weight myself at least 7 times a day and it is driving me crazy and I have decided to put my scale away and only weight in on Tuesdays at 1 pm( my regular WW weight in and as the other poster stated your weight can go up and down all day STOP it

bubsy111
11-20-2011, 12:24 AM
I weigh myself on Sunday mornings. I used to weigh myself some nights before bed but have quit doing it because it was depressing to see the difference between the a.m. and p.m. scale. The most accurate time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning according to Dr. Oz.

bubsy111
11-20-2011, 12:27 AM
i used to weigh myself at night and in the morning but it was kinda depressing to see the weight difference from the morning and pm scale. Your best time to weigh yourself for an accurate weight is first thing in the morning according to Dr Oz. so I know only weigh myself Sunday mornings. :)

Koshka
11-20-2011, 02:40 AM
I weigh myself all the time. Well, not quite but usually at least a couple of times a day. I like seeing the normal fluctuations as it keeps me from getting crazed when something results in a temporary weight gain that isn't "real" weight gain.

I just got a new scale today at the Apple store. It is hooked into Wifi and whenever I weigh it sends my weight, bmi, fat percentage to a web page and also downloads to my iphone. It will allow me to chart the changes so is cool.

This week I started exercising more intensely so wasn't surprised when I didn't lose anything (I didn't gain anything either, but just stayed the same). Because I had weighed during the week I was prepared for it so I didn't have a big emotional reaction when I weighed in (although I do hate to not have a loss even though logically I know that I shouldn't expect a loss every week).

Zemelle
01-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I weigh myself almost every day, when feeling fat, I tend to skip it. I hate being weighed at the doctors office, their scales are off. I almost took a 3lb weight with me to prove it today, but found the self control to let it go.

beesparkle
01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I weigh myself once a week. I did at first weigh myself in the morning and then after the whole day at night before Bed. That was depressing. So every Monday once a week for me.

Your weight does do different things when you weigh in too much on scale in week. That truly you are only guessing and still not 100% knowing what you weigh till the final day of weigh in. I kept dpoing it did it. Do you know. Time my weighed in for 2 weeks I stayed same weight before I came into 3fatchicks site. Then I loss 3 pounds. Doing the points.

I was really beginning to get too paranoid. Not worth it.
It is not a diet it is Learning To Have Healthy Choices. I have to take it to heart.

SanityNow
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I weigh every morning, and record the weight on a calendar I have by the scale. This keeps me focused. And makes me less sensitive to the day-to-day fluctuations. I'm losing about a pound a week, and if I look down the weights for, say Tuesdays in January, I see how even though the weight fluctuates, there is a down - trend.

chubbybunny29
01-28-2012, 11:49 AM
I have been weighing a couple of times a day, but it was getting to me. My sister, who is also losing weight, made me promise to hide the scale from myself. So I'm now holding on until Feb 1 to weigh again. Its kind of motivating because I have time to really make a change in my weight, rather than it being just a few hours away.

tessendicott
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
I try to weigh myself once a week on Wednesday mornings, however, I'll take an occasional sneak peek during the week to keep track of how I'm doing.