Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/172/145

Height: 5'9.75

Default Two year journey has lead me here!

Hello everyone!

I just found this forum a couple of weeks ago and it has become my most favorite site on the interwebz

Though I have ALWAYS tried to lose weight ever since I was 14, I was never really overweight until two years ago. I don't know why but the last semester of college, I gained thirty pounds and reached 209. The highest I had ever been in my entire life. I was mortified and scared. My pants didn't fit, my boobs (always pretty large) were taking over my body, and i was not healthy.

Summer of 2009 was spent dieting with the Belly Off! diet (from Men's Health), I lost about 11-14 pounds which dropped me down to 198-196 (it would vary.) Still not ideal but at least I was no longer in the obese BMI range.

I met my fiance fall of 2009 and maintained my weight loss. Still wanted to loss weight and get fit because he is a stick and I wanted/want him to be able to pick me up.

Summer of 2010 I decided to become even more healthy. I had already changed many of my habits but I had one vice that wouldn't die. I chugged diet sodas and articfically sweetened liquids by the cartload. Three or four cans a day was normal and I would drink even more usually. I knew they weren't good for me because I would feel a gnawing feeling in my stomach and I always got REALLY hungry after drinking them. So one day at work, I looked down at my 20 oz Diet Dr. Pepper and decided that was my last one. I fell off the wagon one time since then and it has officially been a year. In that time, I dropped another ten pounds. I do believe that I had a sensitivity to aspartame/sacchrain/etc. and that is why it hurt me so much. It probably wouldn't work for many people.

Another year has passed and I have maintained the weight loss. I've realized that I do better if I have small weight loss goals but make MAJOR changes. In 2009, I learned a lot about nutrition and made significant lifestyle changes in my food choices. In 2010, I changed what I drank. Now in 2011, I have added intense exercise. I never thought I could exercise but I have been doing so for the past month and never want to go back to NOT exercising. I can already run 30 mintues straight and I am trying to increase that number. I'm also working out with weights and my fiancee has said that he can tell a difference in a good way I've only lost four pounds but i like to think of it as a slow but steady process, especially when I get depressed.

I hope I don't come across as braggadcious but I am really excited about my progress and how I have maintained. Most days, I could just wake up and find out I have lost all my weight and am now 125 pounds. It is so hard and it is such a challenge. I don't know how the rest of you have done it but I do know that I love reading the other stories. You guys are very encouraging and inspiring.

~ J

P.S. I'm working towards a mini-goal of getting back to my college weight which was 179 by December 17th which is my wedding. According to the BMI, I know that this is still "overweight" but I know that I looked and felt good at that weight.
thinnerthanhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and congratulations on what you have done so far. This is working for you and , really that is what most of us try to do, find something that works. Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your success thus far!
Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #4  
Go Hard!

S/C/G: 227.4/132/127.4

Height: 5'0"

Welcome and good luck reaching all your goals! I am trying to get off of drinking diet soda right now and it's not so easy!
SC Vitamin C is offline   Reply With Quote