South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily SBD Chat, 9/8

Good morning!

At least the clock says it's morning, it's still pretty darned dark with all the black clouds and rain here. Getting home last night was a nightmare. I kept having to detour because of closed roads. A lot of schools are closed today, but the girls have a 2 hour delay, so I'll be trying to make my way over there soon. We're getting more flooding now than we got during the hurricane!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage I can already tell I'm going to need a second pot today. It's that kind of day around here too. I've been doing last minute room searches for the weekend. I realized we need a little more space to accommodate DW's sleep needs now so back to the drawing board. I've narrowed down to a few places and will make a reservation by 10. Then I'm off to the Co-op for a work shift so we can get our working discount again. After that a visit with a center director friend who has asked me to be on her board. Not sure how sane that is but I'm considering it. I'm trying to limit my "running the roads" so am combining everything I need to do in town into this one trip. That means meals for the next few days too! We will eat out one meal a day but committed to eating in the other two, so some planning for that necessary.
Of course I also need to load the dehydrator before I leave - zucchini chips for snacking and shreds for the crockpot I'm finally feeling a little better about my winter stockpile, though still a lot to do. They moved tomorrow's appt. later so I won't have to rush in the morning and DD is getting out of work early so we will get to spend some time with her, both good things. Hmm, I sound like I've already had enough coffee

Happy Thursday Chicks!

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-08-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, the weather situation down there sounds awful! Be very careful. It is very dark and gray here too but no flooding.

Cyndi, you sound like you are on a roll - whole wheat, of course. (Sorry!) I am still not finished dehydrating stuff and must try to get some zucchini this weekend at the Brockville market.

Donna come to clean this morning, for the first time in a long while. (She stopped in the spring when Ted's cancer worsened and has been in recovery mode since his funeral four weeks ago.) She is planning to bring her YorkiPoo with her. It's a delightful little pup but I wonder how much work will get done. I hope I don't end up puppy-sitting because I do have lots to do today.

I found some kale seeds yesterday but they are 60 days to harvest time and I doubt that they will grow much in the shorter daylight days. I will throw in spinach though. The Swiss chard is still growing madly. I cut it back to an inch and it just starts up again.

Time for coffee and meal planning. One more day until Friday!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday! TS Lee knocked out our internet. After hours on the phone with Bellsouth, Hubby finally has the big computer up, but the router has died. I'm sitting at the big desk with the big computer, but that feels too much like work!

I'm still hanging in there. Weight loss is slow, but progressing... Yay!

Have a great Thursday, Chickies!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started! Sorry about your extremely poor weather conditions. Take care and I hope it doesn't worsen.

Cyndi, yes, it sounds like the coffee is working it's magic this morning. Safe travels as you head out for errands. Hmm...another board...do you have the book, "Meditations for Women who Do Too Much"? I guess there are several of us who could use that one.

Ruth, I hope everything runs smoothly today. I seem to remember that yorkipoo is very small and underfoot.

Chelby, Glad you're here with us! Slow weightloss is certainly better that heading the other direction!

I've been up and at 'em. Trying to clear away niggles so I can really get something done. I need an assistant. Pool...Kirk has a dental appt...and I was thinking I'd get caught up with rescue pups. They just keep rolling in...very lucky for those who arrive.

Ok, back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-08-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, all!

Cottage -- be careful out there! Surprising they aren't cancelling school for your girls if it is as bad as it sounds!

Cyndi -- I hope you find the perfect place to stay Sounds like a great birthday weekend!

Ruth -- I have never planted a fall garden, but all this talk is inspiring for next year! There is a perfect spot where I pulled beans to throw in a bunch of seeds. Have you grown spinach in the past?

Chelby -- Keep on keeping on! Slow and steady wins the race

HI Debbie!

Well today is the start of day 8 of P1 for me. Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2 lbs! I'm happy with that, the scale really keeps going in the right directly.

We're off work in my household today, gf is cleaning the house while I take the dogs to the dog park. I think I get the winning end of that deal! The weather is perfect so it should be a great day for it.

Then, tonight, the first night of NFL football! I'm a huge fan and have a fantasy football team, so that will be fun. I'll make some chili, although it will be a little similar to the taco bake we've been eating for two days. Hmm....

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - Sorry to hear about the flooding. I saw the warnings on the national weather map; I usually check out your neck of the woods still since my son is nearby.

Cyndi - Busy! How do you season your zucchini chips? I tried making them once for a trip myself and was not loving them.

Ruth - Enjoy the puppy and the clean house.

Chelby - No internet!? How did we ever go without? And without cell phones!

Debbie - Another busy chick! Have a great day.

Angie - Good for you! Chili and taco bake - yum to both.

So now that my nest is empty I am finally feeling bored! And then I read about all your busy lives and think I need to find something to do with myself. Not sure what that should be, though. I've been to two grocery stores in two days and neither had decent spaghetti squash; I've been hankering for deep dish pie. On to plan B for dinner and leftovers instead.

Today DH and I are going to join Sam's club. They have a special deal. We dropped our membership there years ago to defect to Costco but Sam's is closer and has some different items (like yummy yellow cherry tomatoes). That is the most excitement for my day

My eating has been back on track for a few days and I am feeling better already. And finally, maybe, got rid of my "road trip and post-road trip binging" weight.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Katie, yay for getting the household in order and for a ticker moving down! What kind of dogs do you have?

Karen, have fun at Sam's. Our rescue org. gets most of our dogs from Kansas. I'm sure the shelters have dog walking opportunities...and get some exercise in the process. I love stocking food at our food pantry, too. Same thing..combine volunteer and exercise.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's STILL raining! The schools decided to cancel for the day, and Cindy told me to go home while I still can. Woohoo!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy afternoon Cottage! Hope you made it home without incident.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Hey all -

Not sure why I thought I would be on here MORE this week - it has been CRAZY - the flooding, the roads, the insanity of the first week back for both me and the kids . . . OI.

Last night was DD1's Open House for the new middle school - on the second night of school. The poor teachers did not even know which kid was which yet!

I am still maintaining at this point, and getting ready for the half marathon on the 18th - I can tell you, I will be having some off plan food afterwards, but I am feeling in control of it, and not as like it will be a binge situation.

Everyone stay safe, and
Be well -
Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

debbie when you said katie I think you meant me? we have a wirehair pointer mix and an american bulldog mastiff mix
Closed Thread