Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/177.2/130

Height: 5'1

Default New here

HI everyone. I just found this group the other day, and after lurking I decided to join. I'm 35 yrs old, currently 177.2 lbs, down from 182. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. When I graduated high school I was over 200 lbs. I couldn't tell you my exact weight back then, as I avoided the scale like the plague. I just know I was the fat girl that couldn't fit in the desk. I decided one day that enough was enough, joined a gym and started a strict low fat diet. Within 6 months, I had dropped down to 130 lbs. I kept the weight off for 3 years, until I got pregnant. After my daughter was born, I went up to 165, and pretty much stayed there for about 10 yrs. Last week, my husband and I went away for a few days. When we came home, I tried to put on a pair of shorts and couldn't button them. Once again, light bulb moment...enough is enough. I started right then and there eating more veggies, and replacing some meals with salads. I also cut out sodas, alcohol and fast food. I even went through the cabinets and gave away probably $150 worth of processed foods (boxed pastas, sauces, breading products, etc). I've lost 5 lbs since last Thursday (less than 1 week). I got excited and decided we were going to go vegan...but that only lasted 1 day. LOL So now we're incorporating a lot more veggies, which isn't all that easy to do since the only veggies you'd normally find in this house were canned peas, corn, and french style green beans drowned in sugar.
This is a struggle, I'll admit. I'm trying to learn to like fresh veggies and cut down on the processed sugars, and trying to convince my 12 yr old she won't die without McDonalds and chicken nuggets at the same time. Anyhow, I'm happy to be here, and look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Stacy
katiezmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/240/140

Height: 5'4

Hi Stacy! Im new too! With a similar story as you, just 10 years behind. Im 25 and have finally decided its time to get seriously serious about getting rid of this pregnancy weight! We've done it before and we can do it again! Good luck!
RealOCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/177.2/130

Height: 5'1

Good luck! I wish I would have started 10 yrs ago, when the weight would have come off easier. But, I was to busy chasing a toddler with a military husband...and I still thought I looked pretty good. LOL Now it's just gotten to where I'm tired of being tired, and I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror again.
katiezmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum both of you! Glad you found us! Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote