South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #1  

Question Will my scale ever budge again :(

I lost 15 lbs on my way to my goal of 25 lbs. I was on the SBD and then eventually modified it a little when I moved to Mexico for a few months. I lost an extra 5 lbs in the last month and a half and now for three weeks my scale has been at the exact same weight.

Food Diary:

Breakfast

3/4 C Special K (can't get Kashi Go Lean here)
1/2 C 1% milk

or

whole wheat/flax bread
1 tsp natural peanut butter (no preserves, no sugar added)

Lunch (usually late in the afternoon as is the custom here)

1 C Gazpacho with 5 croutons
Salad with Chicken, Pears, and Goat Cheese with balsamic dressing

or
1 C bean soup
Chicken with lemon and 1/4 c brown rice

Dinner

Homemade Soup - greens, broccoli, carrot, beet, lentil - it varies - made at a local organic store
Flaxseed Tostada (organic raw food product) with hummus or lentil spread

Dessert

Usually a tiny bite of sugar free dark chocolate or Baskin Robbins s/f candy

I drink ice tea, water or agua de jamaica (hibiscus water) with no sugar for most of my drinks

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate the feedback as I feel so frustrated. Prior to coming to Mexico I was barely exercising - however here I am walking at least a mile a day.

Thank you!!

Laurie
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Laurie, looking at your menu, I see that are you are eating a lot of starchy grains. Perhaps that is the reason for your stall? I suggest cutting back to one or two servings a day, and maybe that will get that weightloss ball headed in the right direction again. I know for myself, eating more than one serving of starchy grains a day will cause me to stall.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Eat more protein & less starches would be my advice too. Don't be afraid to use more fats (2 Tbs. PB). More satiety and really good for you. I'd be starving after that breakfast. Dinner looks low in protein, high in carbs also.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I say more veggies! cooked and raw!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

More veggies! Agreed!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #6  

I appreciate the responses. I wish I was a true veggie eater - I am working on it. I have just never eaten the "good" ones and it's a struggle. That is why I have the homemade soups so that I get my veggies - they are all organic and are full of veggies.

I do find it difficult to balance the carbs as there isn't really a guideline for it once you are in Phase 3 (from what I can tell). At least 3 days a week my breakfast is Huevos Rancheros (one corn tortilla w/2 eggs and salsa - along with 1/4 c black beans). So I'm not eating cereal every day, just a few of them.

I'll do my best to eat more veggies - guess I might be stuck for a while if that is the issue.

Thanks
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

What about an omlette with fajita style peppers and onions topped with salsa? I only eat eggs (when the focus of the dish) with salsa.

My husband makes a turkey meatloaf that's pressed flat into a rectangle and sprinkled with parm and mozzarella cheese and stuffed with spinach and sometimes tomatoes. It's then rolled up and the ends closed. It looks a lot like a jelly roll. Good way to sneak in veggies. My four year old eats that.

Try spaghetti sqash with pasta sauce in place of regular pasta. It is slightly different but it's still really good. Smoothies are another great way to sneak in veggies. Also, the zucchini hashbrowns are good. Roasting vegetables can tame some of the flavors and textures you may not like.

Good luck finding something that will work for you.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 09-07-2011 at 05:21 PM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Are you in phase 3? From what I thought, it meant maintenance and you don't enter phase 3 until you have reached your goal...
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Phase 3 is the maintenance phase. If you are still looking to lose weight, you should remain on phase 2. On phase 3, there are 3 grains, and 3 fruits allotted to us daily....many of us gain with that many grains, so we remain within phase 2 guidelines for our maintenance.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote