Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/169/169

Height: 5'9

Talking There is strength in numbers...

I've been lurking for the past few weeks..trying to get a feel of the forums..I decided it's finally time to post and introduce myself..My name is Mandy, I'm 32 years old, and from the midwest..I've been fat pretty much my whole life, beginning around age 10..I've never been a yo-yo dieter, or a dieter of any sorts, really..I'm tired of being fat..So I decided to get off my a**, get real about food, and do something about my weight..I am calorie counting..I can still eat the foods I like, but within reasonable amounts..Learning how many calories are in some foods, leaves no doubt about why I am fat..And I personally can't see sustaining permanent weight loss by following all the crazy diets out there..

I try to work out every day..But in reality it averages out to 5 days a week..Even though I'm young, I workout using "Sweating to the Oldies"..I know the dvds are not what some consider hardcore cardio..But I love Richard Simmons..He makes working out fun with his endless supply of enthusiasm..

I'm here hoping to meet lots of new friends, who are on the same weight loss journey as I am..I want to give and gain support, strength, and share ideas with others..I'm open to all this site has to offer

Last edited by TilttedHalo; 09-06-2011 at 10:59 PM.
TilttedHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Glad to have you join us on your journey

If you've been lurking, you might've already noticed the Calorie Counters section, as well as the 30-somethings and all sorts of other areas.

I've got my own Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies 80's style DVD. No shame here. Every once in a while it's a fun way to move around. And I kind of dig the cheesy positivity in it! (Like a lot) People can say what they want, but I feel like he's got a genuine heart for this stuff.

Losing weight, and choosing to watch what I eat has been an eye-opening experience.

Very happy you decided to stop lurking and introduce yourself! I hope to see you around the boards

Best of wishes on your journey~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a solid plan that will lead you down the road to success.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote