Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/156/125

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 pounds of fat to expell by end of year

Hello everyone,

I'm Aidan. I have 31 pounds to get rid of by end of the year and I plan on doing this with discipline and healthy eating. My workout will be moderate walking, as I truly hate the gym.

I am basing the science on my new eating habits on the BBC documentary "10 things you need to know about losing weight" (which can be watched online for free, just google the information). Technically, I have 4 months to lose 31 pounds, and I think this is a very healthy approach and very doable. I just really need to stick to this and get this fat out of my body once and for all.

I also have realized lately that most of us lose control with food because we mask pain with the comfort of food. I will no longer allow myself to use myself as a bully of my own body, jeopardizing my health only because I'm unhappy about someting. I will channel my unhappiness and will try to surrender what I cannot control. I have to give myself a lot of credit for achieving what I have achieved so far. I think that's going to make a big difference in my relationship with food. I want food to be a necessity but not an escape. I just ordered "women, food, and god" and I can't wait to read this book about the same topic.

Good luck to all...

Last edited by AidanThirty; 09-06-2011 at 08:24 PM.
AidanThirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Good luck to you Aidan! Please keep us posted on your progress.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #3  
bfk

S/C/G: 218/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Good for you! I just started this week and am of the same mindset. I need to be done with the destruction and just make the proper choices. I have indeed chosen to be overweight in the past, but I have now chosen to shed this weight and be healthy. Everytime I am tempted I will remember this is a choice to either retain the fat or lose it....and "I" will choose to lose it.

The book sounds interesting. You should give us a book review when you are finished.

We can do this....
bfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #4  
bfk

S/C/G: 218/216/135

So Aiden, how are you doing with your commitment? Today I went a little over plan. I'll have to bike extra long tomorrow to make up for it. I will do it this time and have taken on your pledge.
bfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

That was a great documentary. I especially liked the dispelling of the one lady's belief that she had a slow metabolism. I've been known to blame my weight all my life on just being one of those people with a slow metabolism, but that probably isn't the case. I even tried the suggestion of blending my meal into soup because it would keep me full longer...it was awful LOL. I blended a 3oz chicken breast, 1/2C brown rice, 1C of steamed veggies, and 1C of water with some spices and couldn't finish it...I had it for lunch and dinner that day and still tossed 1/4 of it out...it's definitely filling!
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote