Weight Loss Support - my water promise

View Full Version : my water promise

lucky8
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM
i know that i dont drink enough water and im a monster for retaining, from tomorrow im making myself the promise of 2litres per day. I have a 2 litre water filter and im gona fill it up every morning n make sure its finished by the evening :carrot:

mzKiki
09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
You can do it! Just sit it someplace where you have to see it several times a day.

lucky8
09-06-2011, 06:25 PM
yep its going straight on my coffee table :)

Crazy Newfie Jen
09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
My trick to drinking more water was to put it in bottles to take with me when I was on the go. Also, for the summer months, I made Crystal light and put that in the popsicle trays. It tasted good, and also was a nice treat on a hot day :)

HeatherAngel
09-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I take two one-liter bottles to work every day, one with diluted crystal light (I hate how strong it is in 500ml - I use two single packets in 3 liters) and one filtered water. I keep a 3 liter jug of crystal light and a 3 liter filter jug in my fridge constantly.

I also keep a tray of bottled water in the backseat of my car, within reach. I easily drink 4-6 liters a day. I do drink coffee in the morning, too, so I like to replace that. I find when I am meeting my 3 liter minimum a day, I can be consistently down on the scale. If *I* drop to two liters a day (or less), everything slows down.

Any way you can get two liters in is great! :) PS - I follow the 'drink a minimum of half your weight in oz' rule, and you and I are pretty close in weight. That's about 3.5 liters... but start with two! Good luck! :D

Edited to add: 'Drink half your weight in oz' - hahaha :rofl: - sounds like I'd weigh something different in Australia! I meant ounces, of course. ;)

Martina
09-06-2011, 09:20 PM
You can do it!! I don't have any advice or anything, I just wanted to say you can do it. :)

steinanwine
09-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I know I'm about to ask a dumb question but why is drinking water so important?

Without forcing myself I don't drink more than a few cups of green tea a day and maybe a glass or two of water. I KNOW I need to drink WAY more water but why is it so important to weight loss?