Weight Loss Support - Where does your extra weight go on you?

kelly585
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
just wondering where your extra weight goes... my extra all goes on my stomach... its like I have an upper and lower one (not very pretty). I really hate it! That being said does anyone have any exercise tips to help with my huge tummy!

meg86
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Mine is my stomach, no doubt. Second is my arms, and lastly my face.

fattymcfatty
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Yep. The gut. What has helped me is running and Jillian Michael's six week six pack. The area has improved, but definitely not great. I will never love it unless a plastic surgeon gets involved!!!

GlamourGirl827
09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Mine used to go to my hips and thighs. Since having kids and maybe turning 30 has something to do with it as well, it goes to my butt, saddle bags , and tummy. It used to have a flat butt which I hated anyway and a flat tummy, albeit soft. So I was wide from a front view and not so bad from the side. Now I feel not so bad front the front and lumpy from the side! Lol

Esofia
09-06-2011, 05:16 PM
As well as the usual all-over layer, mine goes straight to THE BELLY!

Astrild
09-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Everywhere, but especially my gut. The funny thing is I have disproportionately thin legs, and they're losing inches the fastest... all the while I still have a beer belly poking out. Strangeness to be seen...

GettinFit
09-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Mine goes directly to the stomach area too. Lately I've been doing more exercises that focus on the core area and it seems to be helping. I can't wait to get rid of my muffin top:D

lin43
09-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I thought it was my gut, but since losing weight, the few people who have noticed my weight loss say, "Yeah, I can tell in your face." So, maybe I gain in my face first. Or maybe people are being polite: After all, they won't very well tell me, "Yeah, I can tell---your gut isn't quite so big!"

TooManyDimples
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Tummy girl as well. It seems like the last 25lbs or so have come from my face, hips and thighs and the belly is being stubborn. If I could get lipo-suction on my gut and a tummy tuck I'd be so stinkin' happy and probably a heck of a lot closer to goal!

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
My gut and my arms are my weak spots, but I gained everywhere and am losing everywhere. Just that my trouble spots remain my trouble spots.

Now, about targeting one area - sorry, doesn't work that way. Fat comes off wherever the body decides to pull it from. I take measurements once a month and while some months I notice equal amounts everywhere, other months it's all from my gut or all from my waist or thighs or upper arms.

What you can do to help with trouble spots is to do strength training. I thought I would HATE strength training, but I actually really like it. I take BodyPump at the gym which is a Les Mills class. I take it 3 times a week and I'm noticing improvement with the shape of my body that I'm happy about, but yes... my trouble spots are still my trouble spots.

JustSharing83
09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Upper body - stomach, stomach, stomach! lol, I am also broad in the shoulders and have a fat face.

happynottsgirl
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Mine goes to saddlebags/thighs.

Regarding your stomach, I have noticed that when I do lower carb it flattens very fast (probably water being lost ?). Also, have noticed that when I do diet-based weight loss (as opposed to relying on exercise as well) the stomach flattens first as well.

April Snow
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM
another tummy girl, but basically everything from there on up. Flat butt, small hips and (relatively) slim legs - all my weight is in my upper body including my face and neck.

But interestingly, I am losing weight differently this time. I have lost a lot in my shoulders and arms (bat wings notwithstanding), a noticeable amount in the face and neck, some through the middle but not a lot (only went down one band size for bras with 40 lbs gone). And of course, the smaller bits get smaller - my hips look bizarrely (to me, at least!) narrow now.

At some point, the tummy will be all that's left so presumably, that will eventually get smaller as well.

kelly315
09-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Mostly thighs- and it stays on there forever. When I'm at a higher weight, the tummy (lower part mostly) but I also carry a lot in my upper arms/lower legs.

sontaikle
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
My hips! It all went there and it just about all left from there first. I lamented it at first (My curves! gone!) but now that my waist is cinching in, I'm getting the curves back ;)

Martina
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
just wondering where your extra weight goes... my extra all goes on my stomach... its like I have an upper and lower one (not very pretty). I really hate it! That being said does anyone have any exercise tips to help with my huge tummy!

Oh my goodness!! I thought I was the only one. All my weight is in my stomach, also my hips. And I too have an upper and lower stomach. My lower one hangs down grotesquely. I HATE it!!

Beck
09-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Mine goes straight to the butt and thighs first. When I lose, it's the last place to go. I lose from my arms, face, and most sadly- my boobs- first, then when I've got nothing left but little walnuts under my bra, the weight comes off the bottom half. HarumpH!!

lucky8
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
my tummy and arms i hate it :mad:

racrane
09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Hmn, I know when I was at a healthy weight and I'd gain just a little, it went to my butt. Now that I'm about 40 lbs heavier, there was a little everywhere but mostly my stomach. Now that I've been losing slowly, it's most come from my butt, legs, face and arms. I really want a flat stomach and my waist back so I'm pretty determined to keep losing...everywhere!

Gabe
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
My arms. I mean, obviously it's not *all* in my arms, but they're by far the most stubborn place. My hips like to be stubborn, too. And my chest. 'Cause there's always been quite a lot there. It leaves there first, though.

I have no freaking idea what my body shape is, but I'm darn sure it's not a pear.

kelly585
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Oh my goodness!! I thought I was the only one. All my weight is in my stomach, also my hips. And I too have an upper and lower stomach. My lower one hangs down grotesquely. I HATE it!!

sounds like we are twins from another mother! I joke about my arms and legs because they look so thin compared to my bellies! Its been about 13 years since I was thin and I was a teenager then so I have no clue what I will look like when I lose more.

Horo
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
My most stubborn areas seem to be my legs and especially thighs.

Martina
09-06-2011, 10:31 PM
sounds like we are twins from another mother! I joke about my arms and legs because they look so thin compared to my bellies! Its been about 13 years since I was thin and I was a teenager then so I have no clue what I will look like when I lose more.

My worst fear, considering that the extra stomach weight that I have is already hanging down really low, is that when I lose the weight there will be nothing but loose skin there. It makes me afraid to lose weight.

Mimzzy
09-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Goes to my stomach and hips, creating the dreaded spare tire! I hate it do much, i am going to have to do some serious toning after I lose the extra fat.

KatieC87
09-07-2011, 01:12 AM
First of all, you can't target fat loss, only muscle gained. So, you can do specific exercises to help build muscle in your abs, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose fat from those areas.

My extra weight is in my upper arms (triceps), lower stomach, and upper thighs. The rest of my thighs are fine (could use improvement but I'm happy for now), but the very tip top of them are still jiggly. Drives me nuts!

jendiet
09-07-2011, 01:30 AM
well, I have to say my stomach, then back then legs and arse...then my face. The first to slim is my face! Then my back, I look quite odd with very muscular legs, fairly thin arms, almost a sculpted butt, and a gross tummy and back fat. One thing, unlike my sister, I have hips...which I am thankful for, because I have very broad shoulders and a good sized chest.

kelly585
09-07-2011, 04:16 AM
My worst fear, considering that the extra stomach weight that I have is already hanging down really low, is that when I lose the weight there will be nothing but loose skin there. It makes me afraid to lose weight.

I wouldn't worry I don't think it would be worse off and since its somewhat slow losing weight I think we will be fine.... this is what I tell myself anyhow lol

zoodoo613
09-07-2011, 03:32 PM
All over.

My butt, hips and thighs take a lot of the brunt. My stomach is the last to gain, but even it has succumbed. I can definitely see it shrinking, but that's probably because, you know, I can see it. It's right there. I know I'm losing in other places too.

pixiegotfat
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
wow, you have a lot of happy workout smilies! good for you.

fromthebox
09-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Anyone else gain it in their upper hips/love handles? My rib cage and above is slim, my hips are slim, but I have this bump in my figure where the love handles are...

indiblue
09-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Saddlebags!!!

Chubbykins
09-08-2011, 11:21 AM
My tush and thighs.
I am lucky though to have a narrow waist and flat stomach, so when I am thin I have bit of a sexy latina figure, not the top model elf. I'm short with booty and a violin shape.

lissvarna
09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
My boobs and my stomach. I guess my chest isn't such a bad place for it to go, but my body is disproportionate because of it. And hard to find clothes that fit! I'm lucky enough that I've always had great legs despite whether I was 120 or 160.

Mickeypnd
09-08-2011, 06:06 PM
my stomach, arms, boobs, and face. I have really nice legs but my upper body suffers.

chickadee32
09-08-2011, 06:50 PM
My legs, especially my thighs. I carry a LOT of my weight in my legs. I'm not sure that I'll be able to wear dresses/skirts that show my knees even when I get to my goal weight. It makes me sad.

kelly585
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I just wanted to add that a couple days after starting this tread I had the most wonderful dream... in my dream I woke and I had the flattest tummy! I remember thinking how can this be it was just yesterday that I had 2 stomachs!
Even though it only lasted one dream I can still see my flat tummy now when I look back!

clivehamilton7
09-19-2011, 11:49 PM
My friend's extra weight goes to a doctor. She had a liposuction surgery, that's why. :D

kimmieval
09-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Weight goes to my boob and my thighs/saddlebags and but I am a pear/hourglass shape so I do tend to out on weight rather proportionally at the end, but at the first sign of weight gain-yup, its the boobs, and I am NOT a boob girl (men of course think I am crazy!)

racrane
09-20-2011, 01:16 AM
This question kind of goes here, I think: Is anyone happy to lose their boobs as they lose weight? I couldn't be happier the girls are shrinking.

gagalu
09-20-2011, 02:07 AM
boobs, hips, ***, and thighs! my measurements are 41-30-43.

Jo Kittibuck
09-20-2011, 07:02 AM
It's my stomach too... I've always had a habit of swinging up and down in a rhythm throughout this plan. I typically lose more in the arms, neck, face, upper torso... and then gain it back in the belly and hips. I'm developing a hint of a pear shape from it.

And yes racrane, I was thrilled when those suckers stopped dragging my bra down like dead weights.

Magalo
09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Mine goes to the side of my waist. My waist litterally disseapear. Then it goes to my upper thighs.

MedChick87
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Face, hips, and thighs! IF ONLY weight would accumulate in my butt and/or boobs! ahhhh

Unfortunately, my face is the first place that shows a weight gain. It sucks b/c I can't even take the oh-so-flattering "neck up" pictures and have them look good!

Panacea86
09-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, I was huge, so it was everywhere, but my trouble spots are and will always by my fat arms and double gut.

I have that crease in my stomach, and the fattest NFL linebacker arms ever.
They're slimming, but it has been slow.

KaeLynnB
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM
I've got all over...I hate my legs and hips and butt the most....Unfortunately, I know when I do lose weight, I will STILL have bigger thighs and a bubblebutt (thanks genetics! and dad!) But, its cool, as long as i have somewhat of the shape of my little sis, I would be a happy girl!! Shes 125, 5'3, and has the cutest shape ever!!

Glory87
09-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Hips, butt and thighs.

In the summer, I wear a lot of skirts and I can get definite weight creep. My waist stays pretty much the same, so skirts fit okay. As soon as I slip on a pair of jeans/slacks, I can tell if my weight is up!

melodymist
09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
My love handles and face. I wish some of that fa went to my butt! Mine is so flat!

Bethedee
09-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Definitely my butt. How good a dress looks basically depends on what I've eaten that day.

NEMom
09-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Hips, thighs and butt. Wish it went to my chest. My girls keep sagging.

Ryler832
09-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Arms and thighs.

Ryler832
09-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Hips, thighs and butt. Wish it went to my chest. My girls keep sagging.

Lol. Mine are sagging as well. Not something I imagined to happen in my 20's

summerlove
09-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Hips & Thighs

khat
09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Lovehandles & saddlebags..

This sound like a title of a country song or something..

christine123
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Love handles, saddlebags, stomach, face.