Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions - Why isn't there an Atkins section in 3 fat chicks?

Wishing
01-27-2003, 01:16 PM
I mean SB has heir own section and they are lo carbing. I was jsut wondering with so many on Atkins why we don't have an Atkins board? I'd sure like to see one that way I wouldn't have to spend time reading all the lo carb things that don't apply to Atkins stricter style. I mean there ae hundreds of lo carb diets out there. Don't want to be seen as complaining tho because these are wonderful boards. But was still wondering.

nasus40
01-28-2003, 07:16 PM
sugar busters have come down here too but their meal plans are low carb but combination. most people here do atkins or have done it or are doing a very similar plan. so far it has been benificial as i am not atkins but Protien Power but the plans are soo similar it styles. (dispite what many people say)

Ruthxxx
02-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, we all share similarities in our low-carb plans. I guess people who want "pure" Atkins post on the Atkins website but I notice that over there they have non-conformists too.

I am following Dr Bernstein, Nasus is on PP, there are CALP folks, WW low carbers here. At one time there was a pure Atkins breakaway group but I notice they are following other LC plans too.

If folks want a pure Atkins section, it can be brought up to Jennifer and Suzanne but lots of folk like to switch back and forth on different plans and would probably stay here.

Jennifer 3FC
02-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Hello, and thanks for the inquiry! Sugar Busters isn't low carb. It is a low glycemic plan that includes fruit and grains on the plan. They are more of a balanced plan than a low carb diet.

If anybody reading this would like some extra forums in the low carb section, please PM me and Suzanne, Ruth and I will have a chat about it. If you are new to the forum, look at the bottom of my post and click the button that says 'Send PM'.