Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Default Phase 3

Is there anywhere to read or where people talk about this currently? I know its hard to have a permanent place as people are not in Phase 3 very long. I'm trying to study up on it and while it seems simple, making those breakfasts is actually confusing me. "Life after Phase 1" Sticky is just not cutting it and its old and so much jibber jabber to read through just to get to one bit of good info. I'm really just looking to have good breakfast combo ideas or understanding of how you get the grains/fruits/protein/dairy/fat out of a protein/carb/fat/fruit. Sorry if I'm being totally airy about this Phase 3 thing.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Is there anywhere to read or where people talk about this currently? I know its hard to have a permanent place as people are not in Phase 3 very long. I'm trying to study up on it and while it seems simple, making those breakfasts is actually confusing me. "Life after Phase 1" Sticky is just not cutting it and its old and so much jibber jabber to read through just to get to one bit of good info. I'm really just looking to have good breakfast combo ideas or understanding of how you get the grains/fruits/protein/dairy/fat out of a protein/carb/fat/fruit. Sorry if I'm being totally airy about this Phase 3 thing.
Look in the thread for Maintainers or experienced IP'er's....I saw some breakfast combo's somewhere in one of those I think...I'll see if I can find them for you.

Well I found this, maybe it will help ya.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...breakfast.html

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 09-05-2011 at 01:10 AM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #3  

Thanks wuv! I am welcoming any other tips on Phase 3. Looks like I will be needing to make one trip to the store to see brand options and record nutrition facts, make calculations and then go back and purchase what works together and adds up to the correct amounts.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #4  

Oh I am going to check out the experienced/maintainers too, I will post questions to them too probably
Old 09-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Oh I am going to check out the experienced/maintainers too, I will post questions to them too probably
Hi wildflower,
I start phase 3 on Wednesday and here is my plan:
1 plain Greek yogurt
1 cup strawberries or blueberries
1 slice whole grain bread, litely buttered
1ounce cheese

Or
2 eggs
1slice whole grain toast, slightly buttered
1cup of the berries
1ounce of cheese

You may need more options but I reviewed these with my coach and she gave me a thumbs up. She also have me a sheet with several examples of phase 3 breakfasts.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/140.3/140

I started Phase 3 last Thursday. Its very scary. So far I seem to be roughly maintaining- how about you guys? I had a great breakfast today:

1/2 c Quaker Oatmeal Pancakes (makes about 3) Carbs 30 gr
I then threw in some of my 1 cup of blueberries while it was cooking.
I then had about two tablespoons of WF maple syrup
1 Cup 0% fat Greek Yogurt plus the rest of the blueberries
1/2 serving of Blue Diamond baked almonds (about 12)

Yuuuuuummmo! Worked out to 459 cal; 56 carbs; 11.5 g fat and 30 gr protein.

Tomorrow I am going to have 1/4 c of Bare Naked Maple Granola with 1 cup of 2% Greek Yogurt; plus a piece of low fat cheese and a piece of low carb toast (made with flax seed) Total on that baby is 494 cal; 52.5 carbs; 13.5 fat and 36 protein.

I love these breakfasts!
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #7  

Thank you guys for posting these breakfasts, will really help me through the 14 days when I get there (which is soon ) I found a couple of others in the Maintainers thread as well.

Is the Phase 4 breakfast the same as Phase 3 breakfast?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/140.3/140

Seems to be although I am told it isn't as key to have it all in one sitting. My coach said you could have your protein before you leave for work and then have a bowl of fruit and toast at work for instance. Be interesting to see what the old timers say.
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #9  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thank you guys for posting these breakfasts, will really help me through the 14 days when I get there (which is soon ) I found a couple of others in the Maintainers thread as well.

Is the Phase 4 breakfast the same as Phase 3 breakfast?
I know this has been posted before but maybe it will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 3 - Ideal Protein-2.pdf (291.9 KB, 118 views)
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

For Phase 3 I have the following:

Option #1
English Muffin
blueberries, strawberries, banana (mix them up for 1 cup)
Greek Yogurt (8 oz.)
Canadian bacon or turkey bacon
1 egg

or

Option 2:
English Muffin
Blueberries, Strawberries, banana (mixed up 1 cup)
Peanut butter (1 T)
Cottage Cheese (1/2 cup)

I like both breakfast options -- thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I had peanut butter and cottage cheese. And I have missed fruit so much!

The fruit -- I just use whatever has been cleaned -- usually mix blueberries or strawberries with 1/2 banana -- DH has the other half banana with berries.

DH is also on Phase 4 -- he has the very same breakfast as Phase 3. He has Phase 2 lunch with cottage cheese or some other fat and then Phase 1 dinner with me with baked sweet potatoe. He likes the same thing day after day. He also has IP protein snack once or twice a day.

Hope this helps!
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
I know this has been posted before but maybe it will help.
YUM! I can't wait for phase 3! I can't imagine prepping and eating all that before work. I might need to make it simple during the week and eat like a queen on weekends. I would probably take my breakfast to work and eat it around 9.

thanks for posting that PDF!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Here are some examples of phase three that I was given.

The All American:
1/2 grapefruit (blah), 2 eggs, 3 piece of bacon, 2 slices stone ground wheat toast, butter, coffee or tee

the Country Boy:
1 cup mixed melon (cantalope/honeydew) 2 - 4" quacker oatmeal pancakes with pecan halves, 1 small smoked pork chop, IP maple syrup, 8oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea

Country Boy 2:
1 c. blueberries, 2 eggs, 1 serving quacker brand 5 minute grits (ack) 3 pieces of bacon, 8 oz 1% milk, coffee or tea

The Ragin Cajun:
1 C Cantalope, 2 egg + 3 egg white omelet, 1 30z Andouille or Boudin (whatever that stuff is) 2 tbsp sauce picante, 2 pieces stone ground whole wheat toast, butter, 4 oz 1% milk, coffee or tea.

The Nature Valley:
1 C mixed berries, 8 oz plain low fat yogurt, 1/3 C Muesli, 1 piece Carb Balance toast, 1 tbsp almond butter, coffee of tea.

Now, I have a couple of my own ideas but they haven't been approved by my coach yet. I will copy them but use at your risk.. lol. (this is what I have typed for my coach)

Sherry’s Menu Ideas- Phase 3

Breakfast Burrito:

Whole Grain Low Carb Tort 1 or 2 scrambled eggs
3 pieces of bacon 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese
Taco Bell Sauce
have to have that, until my green chile gets approved

Served with coffee, vanilla RTD and a fruit.

On the Run Breakfast:

1 C. no fat Greek Yogurt ½ scoop Whey Protein Crisps
1 C. Fruit 75 Cal. 1 gr. fat, 3.5 gr. carbs, 14 gr. Protein
A few Walnuts

Served with toasted Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thin and a packet of PB2 Peanut Butter, and of course coffee & vanilla RTD. PB2 has 1.5 gr. Fat, 2 gr carbs, 2 gr. Fiber 1 gr. Sugar, 5 gr. Protein. Oh wait, there’s no fat here, shoot! How about full fat Greek yogurt, or butter and PB2 on the toast? Lol.

What do you think of my new & improved Green Chile? I love you Green Chile, we have been divorced for way to long!

Boneless butterfly chops. 2 cans Rotal (extra hot)
1 C. Tomatoes 1 can Green Chiles
1 C. Jalapenos Garlic
Water

BUT... instead of thickening it with flour & water, I could use Xanthan Gum.

I had kept this from older posts here, and found it helped me alot.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Here are some examples of phase three that I was given.

The All American:
1/2 grapefruit (blah), 2 eggs, 3 piece of bacon, 2 slices stone ground wheat toast, butter, coffee or tee

the Country Boy:
1 cup mixed melon (cantalope/honeydew) 2 - 4" quacker oatmeal pancakes with pecan halves, 1 small smoked pork chop, IP maple syrup, 8oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea

Country Boy 2:
1 c. blueberries, 2 eggs, 1 serving quacker brand 5 minute grits (ack) 3 pieces of bacon, 8 oz 1% milk, coffee or tea

The Ragin Cajun:
1 C Cantalope, 2 egg + 3 egg white omelet, 1 30z Andouille or Boudin (whatever that stuff is) 2 tbsp sauce picante, 2 pieces stone ground whole wheat toast, butter, 4 oz 1% milk, coffee or tea.

The Nature Valley:
1 C mixed berries, 8 oz plain low fat yogurt, 1/3 C Muesli, 1 piece Carb Balance toast, 1 tbsp almond butter, coffee of tea.

Now, I have a couple of my own ideas but they haven't been approved by my coach yet. I will copy them but use at your risk.. lol. (this is what I have typed for my coach)

Sherry’s Menu Ideas- Phase 3

Breakfast Burrito:

Whole Grain Low Carb Tort 1 or 2 scrambled eggs
3 pieces of bacon 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese
Taco Bell Sauce
have to have that, until my green chile gets approved

Served with coffee, vanilla RTD and a fruit.

On the Run Breakfast:

1 C. no fat Greek Yogurt ½ scoop Whey Protein Crisps
1 C. Fruit 75 Cal. 1 gr. fat, 3.5 gr. carbs, 14 gr. Protein
A few Walnuts

Served with toasted Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thin and a packet of PB2 Peanut Butter, and of course coffee & vanilla RTD. PB2 has 1.5 gr. Fat, 2 gr carbs, 2 gr. Fiber 1 gr. Sugar, 5 gr. Protein. Oh wait, there’s no fat here, shoot! How about full fat Greek yogurt, or butter and PB2 on the toast? Lol.

What do you think of my new & improved Green Chile? I love you Green Chile, we have been divorced for way to long!

Boneless butterfly chops. 2 cans Rotal (extra hot)
1 C. Tomatoes 1 can Green Chiles
1 C. Jalapenos Garlic
Water

BUT... instead of thickening it with flour & water, I could use Xanthan Gum.

I had kept this from older posts here, and found it helped me alot.
Cool! Let us know what your coach says about your ideas.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I have another example similar for Canadians, with brands of bacon, and bread if I can find it , I will post it as well.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote