Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 9/05 - 9/11

Diana3271
09-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Hmm, I am real close to the top of my maintenance range this morning, 149.8. The soy sauce in the Japanese food last night is evil for sure. It's doesn't help that I ate all of my food on top of that. I am up almost 6 pounds since I started my Staycation. I ate so much better when we went out of town for vacation. :lol: This week I am suppose to get my hair cut. We normally go to a little Japanese restaurant. We already discussed that we are NOT going this month. The little place doesn't serve as much food as what we get at the other place (the place we went to last night).

I'm feeling rotten this morning (like I am hungover from a bad drunk :lol: was the party really that fun? ;) :lol3: you know the feeling ;)) But I am glad that I am getting back on track today.

Another observation that I have made about myself, I prefer to have a single day that I go off plan rather than multiple days.

berryblondeboys
09-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Diana you know most of that gain is water. There is no physical way that you can eat so much food as to gain 6 pounds in 2 days. And I personally don't count water weight as a gain. My guess is that you'll be back to normal in 2-3 days and you know too that you can't lose 5-6 pounds of fat in 2-3 days either.

But if you aren't comfortable going off plan for more than one day, then don't do it. If it's not enjoyable, then what's the point?

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Berry Good Morning! I totally agree, but right now it is feeling good to get back on plan. ;) How is your DS this morning?

berryblondeboys
09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
he's hacking up a lung with coughing, but no fever yet this morning. Maybe they got the right medicine now.

mamakat
09-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Diana sorry you feeling hung over. I hate that feeling and totally get the "was it that great of a party" feeling. You know you best. Partying for more than one day isn't that great anyway, we never feel up to enjoying the daytime...even if the endulging is food. Glad to hear you're getting back to being OP. :)

Berry how is DS doing? I hope he's feeling better. I feel so bad for him. I hate when our babies get sick. Sending good vibes his way. :)

Monday WI...I made it to 233.8. Officially 50lbs down. That's cool. That is a third of the way gone. I haven't crowed about it to my family. I sort of feel like keeping this one to myself...sort of like being in love and not wanting to kiss and tell. I'll probably say something, it's hard not to boast that I'm absolutely fantastic :p

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. :D

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 09:34 AM
he's hacking up a lung with coughing, but no fever yet this morning. Maybe they got the right medicine now.

Good news!

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Monday WI...I made it to 233.8. Officially 50lbs down. That's cool. That is a third of the way gone. I haven't crowed about it to my family. I sort of feel like keeping this one to myself...sort of like being in love and not wanting to kiss and tell. I'll probably say something, it's hard not to boast that I'm absolutely fantastic :p

Mamakat Great job! :bravo: Crow your heart out! You deserve the kudos today! Have a fabulous day! :carrot:

ItsMyTurn
09-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Diana - I hope you are able to get back on plan with no issues and sure you will see that weight drop back down to where you body no longer feels like it's rejecting it ;) I think it's funny though that you ate better going away then being home... shows you sooo know how to do this ;) That would be reassuring to me

Berry - Glad you son seems to be pulling out of it a bit.. coughing that stuff up is a great thing to clear him out. When DD struggles with pnuemonia, we also set up vaporizer with some vics in it to help. Seems forever for it to take its course, so hope he is feeling better soon

mamakat - 50 lbs down???? LOOK AT YOU!!!!! YAY!!!~! :carrot: How absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! You rock!!!! Seriously...that is a ton of weight and a huge milestone! Tell the family, shout from rooftops that you rock and you are so doing this :D

Larry H
09-05-2011, 10:14 AM

mamakat A big :congrat: and :bravo: to you!! 50 lbs is huge, try picking up 50 pounds and carry it with you all day. You have to feel better!!

:cb: :dancer: :twirly: :sunny: :jig: :high: :broc: :dance: :flame: :goodscale: :yay: :cheer:

Larry,

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 10:23 AM
ItsMyTurn It's all a learning process and I'm still learning! ;) Have a great day!

Larry Hi :wave:

jomatho
09-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Morning everyone! Forgot to come back and report in yesterday. I got in my workout as planned, one mile walking on the treadmill for a warm up and 5 miles running, :woohoo:! That was a good one for me and that was my goal this weekend. I will run again today, but most likely a shorter one, I will see how I feel. Planned out my meals yesterday and was on plan, but very hungry all day. That is two days in a row of the hungries, so I hope they are over now, as TOM is just about done. I hate the hungries.
I slept in a little late today, so I should get my butt on the treadmill, so no time for personals right now, but I hope to be back later.
Anyone else having issues with this site? From my ipad, it is running ok, but from my laptop it is really bogging and sometimes just hangs up and I have to restart the window. Very frustrating. Only happens on this site too, other sites are running fine, so I don't think it is my computer. Maybe it is just really busy this weekend?
Catch y'all later, need to go sweat!

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
jomatho Great job on the run! The site is having some issues. I have problems at work because I am using IE there. At home I am using Firefox and it's just fine.

ETA: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/242205-script-error.html

jomatho
09-05-2011, 10:33 AM
jomatho Great job on the run! The site is having some issues. I have problems at work because I am using IE there. At home I am using Firefox and it's just fine.

ETA: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/242205-script-error.html

I am using IE, and I saw that thread yesterday, fixed my compatibility problem and am not getting a script error anymore, but still issues of pages not loading all the way, etc. I hate to switch from IE because I have everything set up just the way I like it. Weird that it is only happening here. And now, for the last 10 minutes, everything is working fine. But before that, I had to reload, close, reload and then I was able to get in. Maybe I will have to post in the problems thread again. Something changed with this site between middle last week and now. Not sure what it is.

DZackery
09-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Does spending 4 hours cleaning my house count as exercise? Well if so then great and if not....at least my house is clean. OMG it was disgusting. I swept, vaccuumed, mopped, dusted, cleaned bedrooms, folded 3 loads of laundry and generally picked up. I am done. :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I am checking in! The accountability really helps! I finally lost some weight! I worked 2 nights and stayed on plan!

jomatho
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
DZ, heck yeah that counts as exercise!!! And 4 hours to boot! That is awesome! I need to do a big cleaning day this week sometime too.
Wannabe, way to go losing the weight and staying on plan! I agree, accountability is a major part of being successful!

jomatho
09-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Got in my running, chose to do intervals instead of mileage and man, they were hard!!! Haven't done intervals in a couple months and it shows :lol: I was alternating between running (hard) and walking (fast). Put in 60 minutes of this with warm up and cool down included ( 30 minutes of intervals). Doesn't sound like much, but I feel like I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone. So to be fair, I am only counting the mileage I was actually running, and that's where I came up with the 1.5 miles.
I almost had to quit early because I could feel my stomach growling while I was running. That is almost unheard of. I don't know if it is still a TOM got the hungries kind of thing or if I have just been increasing my metabolism that much, but man, I have never ever been so hungry that I could feel it while I was running. The last two days I had to eat before I worked out because I was so hungry and today, I though I was okay, but I guess not. Won't make that mistake again, need to eat before working out now, maybe my body is trying to tell me there isn't as much fat to draw from anymore (ha ha, that can't be it). Seriously, what a pain.
Everyone must be having a good labor day, not much happening on our thread today!

Nanna7
09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
:mad: :devil: :sp: :fr: :tantrum: :bomb: :censored: :hot: :no: :sorry: :rollpin: :crazy:
Good thing there is a "restart" day.......

mamakat
09-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Good Evening Everyone,
Well I sprung it on them again. Tomorrow school starts, my little boy will be a Sophomore! I wanted one last day with them. So I picked an easy place, but still it didn't go well. :lol: They at least walked 45mins before they gave up. I LOVE that I'm more energetic then they are. DS and I did two 30 sec jogs...that's as much as I can do with being so top heavy. He was so sweet keeping me going a quick pace.

He amazes me, how fast and agile he is. I wish he'd join Track but he's not a sporty dude. It's too bad because I think he'd do great in it. I'm making him do extra curricular this year, but he's fighting tooth and nail. We got a letter this week informing us that my DD is gifted...:lol: if they only knew. She nearly died on us at 2 months then the doctors told us she would always be small and maybe a little slow. Ha, she was walking by 8mos. and talking in full sentences by 11mos. Drs. were stunned. And you can't really describe her as small, she has the same size foot as me and is only 11. Cracks me, kids are so cool. LOL can you tell I love being a mom?

So I got in one last hike and made another goal. It was a good day. Oh and wearing my prescript sunglasses felt so wonderful. I was the driver so I had to wear glasses so I wore my purple ones. I could see! I'm going to try to wear them in the house as I am getting terrible eye strain without the proper prescript.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Berry how is DS? I hope he is doing better.

Nanna you are correct, things like dieting can always restart. :)

berryblondeboys
09-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Does spending 4 hours cleaning my house count as exercise? Well if so then great and if not....at least my house is clean. OMG it was disgusting. I swept, vaccuumed, mopped, dusted, cleaned bedrooms, folded 3 loads of laundry and generally picked up. I am done. :)

Sure does count. I spent 4 hours the other day doing it too. I only counted 2 as actually exercise as I do about 2 every day in cooking/clean-up, but yep, moving is moving is moving. you don't need to be running in place to burn calories!

Some of my best weight loss came during the weeks I was gardening too!

berryblondeboys
09-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Good Evening Everyone,
Well I sprung it on them again. Tomorrow school starts, my little boy will be a Sophomore! I wanted one last day with them. So I picked an easy place, but still it didn't go well. :lol: They at least walked 45mins before they gave up. I LOVE that I'm more energetic then they are. DS and I did two 30 sec jogs...that's as much as I can do with being so top heavy. He was so sweet keeping me going a quick pace.

He amazes me, how fast and agile he is. I wish he'd join Track but he's not a sporty dude. It's too bad because I think he'd do great in it. I'm making him do extra curricular this year, but he's fighting tooth and nail. We got a letter this week informing us that my DD is gifted...:lol: if they only knew. She nearly died on us at 2 months then the doctors told us she would always be small and maybe a little slow. Ha, she was walking by 8mos. and talking in full sentences by 11mos. Drs. were stunned. And you can't really describe her as small, she has the same size foot as me and is only 11. Cracks me, kids are so cool. LOL can you tell I love being a mom?

So I got in one last hike and made another goal. It was a good day. Oh and wearing my prescript sunglasses felt so wonderful. I was the driver so I had to wear glasses so I wore my purple ones. I could see! I'm going to try to wear them in the house as I am getting terrible eye strain without the proper prescript.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Berry how is DS? I hope he is doing better.

Nanna you are correct, things like dieting can always restart. :)

yay you! So both our boys are sophomore! Cool! Adrian's fever is gone today (THANK GOODNESS!) but he's still really weak. We're going to have him stay home tomorrow and then start on Wednesday. Seems the new antibiotics did the trick.

My older son is gifted too, but pair that with really bad ADHD and wowzers - brilliant disorganization. He'll need a wife and secretary his entire life to keep him together.

My younger son is probably gifted too, but it's harder to tell with him as he's so far ahead in some things and so far behind in others. I really don't care as long as they are happy and can do what they need to do in life. And, of course, he is high functioning autistic/aspergers. My plate is full with very bright, but otherly challenged kids. I am sooooo thankful I've been able to stay home with them these past 8 years. We all needed that!

And, I like your new avatar! Oh, and one more thing... my son too, can't get him to join anything (save band). he HAS to this year though. Would love him to do cross country but he can't do that and band. So, he'll have to figure something else out, but he is VERY non-sporty.

mamakat
09-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Berry I beg Ian to join band/music of any kind. He is his father's son. They can both play ANY instrument they touch. But with ADD he has a problem of sticking with anything. He gets bored too easy. He got in a lot of trouble last year because he was bored doing classwork. The teachers hated giving him bad grades because he was acing his tests and a super sweet kid, but they HAD too. I told them to ignore the fact he's so sweet, he knows it and works it :p He's an artist so we are going that route...hoping for San Francisco (maybe) after high school. He says he wants no wife or kids so I'm gonna keep him :D If he goes to SF I'm going with him. :lol:

We are hilarious together. Him with ADD and me with short term memory loss. I can't wait to see how we'll do this year. This year Scotland is in middle school so they have to wake up the same time...man this house is going to get very busy. Luckily DH is the boss, he will have to start later in the morning because we only have one bathroom!

I'm glad Adrian is doing better. I hope he and the little one have a wonderful school year :)

stacygee
09-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone! I am on day 10 after my surgery. Hopefully I'll be able to start logging in again. My surgery was 6 hours and the tummy tuck has been VERY painful. The breast lift hasn't nearly been as painful as the tummy. I was worried about gaining weight while being bed ridden but I've lost about 10 pounds. I think from the pressure of the compression garments or all the drugs. Just not eating much. I'm not going to change my ticker though... not sure where I'll settle in the end. I am hopeful to move around more this week. I stayed drugged up and in bed all last week. I am just getting able to get myself out of bed.

I hope everyone here is doing well.... any good news?

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Mamakat Love the avatar!

Nanna Yep, tomorrow is a new day. Today was my new day! It felt good, too. Hang in there. You can do it.

Stacy I was thinking about you this weekend. I am so glad that you checked in. Congratulations on getting the surgery. Can I say OUCH, OUCH, OUCH! :eek: :yikes: I am glad you are doing OK. I am such a chicken when it comes to surgery.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am so glad that I got back on plan today. We can go to the steakhouse another day. I will look forward to it.

Total Approx 1355 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (550 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (440 Calories)
Curry chicken 240 calories
Curry zucchini & yellow squash 200 calories

Exercise
Michelle Dozois Cardio Interval Burn

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Stacy I don't know if I could do what you did.... Ask me as I get closer and have to deal with this belly flab and worse my arm bat wings. I guess I should say, never say never. Hoping the pain goes away for you really soon.

For me, I don't k own where my resolve of steel went. Today I gave into a piece of lemon pie I made. Why? I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted it and that kind of mentality scares me. I need to figure out what is up with that!

DZackery
09-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Morning, Back to normal routine. I am sitting and enjoying my blissful silence for approxomately 12 more minutes. I got all that grouchy out yesterday on the house. I can now walk across my floor without feeling dirt. LOL I even vaccuumed behind TV's, under beds and couches. Anyway, I'm off to enjoy a few more minutes of this unknown quiet before I take mine in to school and then go babysit 67 others. :) (they switch classes so we actually have 67.)

still
09-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Hi everyone!

First of all, Mamakat, so glad to see you back and safe!
Larry- good luck at the urologist. We'll be thinking of you.

Things are great here! Still on the high weight side (weigh in was 174 today), but I'm still staying relatively on plan. Haven't been able to go to the gym this weekend, as it was closed for the holiday but have been working in exercise where I can.

The good news is that my doctor called Friday, and told me my TSH test results came back again at 48 (the first test was 54). That is very, very hypothyroid, which is where the hair loss, fatigue, and weight gain is coming from. So they doubled my meds, and in a week or two I should be feeling human again (and losing the extra weight!) I'm so excited- I've been really frustrated with my fatigue level especially.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

mamakat
09-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Still sorry about the thyroid. It's so bizarre how one little thing takes such a strong hold over a person. Last year when I was going through absolutely everything my thyroid also slowed considerably. That fatigue is the worst. Of course it was hard to determine what was what, but it's like a miracle when the meds start to work. Oh what a difference. I hope it will be soon for you. :)

The house is alive and people are actually doing constructive things. DH has decided to work out...yay. DS just finished his shortest shower ever and DD is trying her best to straighten out her curly hair (it's a rainy day :lol:). Wow school is really here. Another year of alone time, I need to get a job. I get easily bored without them and easily frustrated with them. What a basket case. I'm not gonna like this week at all.

I hope you all have a great and healthy day. :)

Diana3271
09-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a fantastic on plan day! :carrot:

I knew I was probably going to have another gain since we ate so late the night before. Hopefully I am done with the gaining. I'm glad we didn't go to the steakhouse yesterday and I stopped with our staycation splurge when I did.

Calories for yesterday: 1355
Weigh In: 150 (Hopefully I won't have any more gains after today. This is top of my maintenance weight.)
Up: .2

Does Larry have a Dr's appointment today?

For me, I don't k own where my resolve of steel went. Today I gave into a piece of lemon pie I made. Why? I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted it and that kind of mentality scares me. I need to figure out what is up with that!

Berry Do you think it was emotional eating? Your DS has been pretty sick lately and that's very stressful.

The good news is that my doctor called Friday, and told me my TSH test results came back again at 48 (the first test was 54). That is very, very hypothyroid, which is where the hair loss, fatigue, and weight gain is coming from. So they doubled my meds, and in a week or two I should be feeling human again (and losing the extra weight!) I'm so excited- I've been really frustrated with my fatigue level especially.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Still I am so glad that you and the Dr's are staying on top of things. Thyroid problems are very frustrating. I gained a lot of weight prior to my original diagnosis, got up to almost 400 pounds. :( I hope you have a fantastic day, too!

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Still I'm sorry the thyroid problem is taking so long to get under control. it is amazing how one little hormone out of balance can throw everything off kilter!

mamakat Ah, the first day of school jitters. It's always a special day.

Diana You'll start dropping that water weight quickly and be back to your lower end maintenance range soon.

OK, the little guy got himself out of bed himself just before I needed to wake him up. Time to start the morning scramble of breakfast, getting lunches, etc.

Larry H
09-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Larry- good luck at the urologist. We'll be thinking of you.

Still, Thank you for the thought. I am glad to see the doctor has identified your thyroid problem and that it can be treated with medication. That is great!!:carrot:

Larry

Larry H
09-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Does Larry have a Dr's appointment today?

Diana, Yes it is with my Urologist at 2:30 this afternoon. The appointment is to discuss test results, diagnosis and the treatment plan.

So far I know the following:
(1.) I am having daily severe pain in the left kidney area.
(2.) I have a large stone in my left kidney that they have tried unsuccessfully to smash on four different occasions.
(3.) The doctor's office called me and said the cat scan showed "something on the right kidney" and they sent me immediately the following morning for a nuclear kidney function scan at the hospital.
(4.) The technician at the nuclear scan said my left kidney was atrophied and is not working.

My attitude remains very positive,
I woke up this morning. Every time I wake up I consider myself to be in good health" :D:carrot::D

I will post later today and let everyone know what the urologist tells me.

Diana3271
09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Larry I will be keeping you in my thoughts today. Please update as soon as you know something. Keep that positive attitude! :bravo:

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Larry I will be keeping you in my thoughts today. Please update as soon as you know something. Keep that positive attitude! :bravo:

Dittoing Diana's post. Staying positive is the only way to go because where does feeling negative get you? Plus, answers are better than not knowing.

stacygee
09-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Berry- I am surprised I went through with it... surprised at myself. But now iit gives me even more reason to stick to a good eating plan. don't want to go through all this pain just to gain a belly back. My husband would kill me.
But, lemon pie sure does sound good.

Larry: I hope you have a productive doctors appointment today and they come up with a plan to get your kidneys functioning quickly and painlessly.

Mamakat: I love the sound of my family being constructive (or cooperative) in the mornings. But, my DH NEVER decides to workout!

Still: Hope those thyroid meds kick in quickly for you.

As for me I am off to the plastic surgeon today. I still have drains attached to my abdomen and am hopeful they'll be removed today. He is going to check all my incisions... hopefully all will be well.

jomatho
09-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Stacy, great to hear from you!!! Glad all is well with your surgery and hope your appt. goes well today. Can't wait to hear about your results! I was starting to wonder about you, glad you checked in.

MzJuicyD
09-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey guys! I must admit that I have been avoiding 3fc because i am sooooo ashamed. I was doing so well then BOOM! Everything went downhill fast! It all started when one of my best friends and coworkers got diagnosed with lung cancer. I am having a real hard time dealing with it because cancer has killed a lot of my family, including my own father. It scares me to death.

A week after i found out about my coworker I went on vacation to Florida for a week and ate like a mad woman. Now that i'm back i just cant seem to get readjusted. However, today I started counting calories again and decided to give myself 30 days to weigh in. I hate that I keep failing...

mamakat
09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
MzJuicy welcome back, sorry about your co worker, cancer sux. I like to think of it as a challenge though. Better living better chances, or that's what I'm hoping :)

mamakat
09-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Well it's officially staying at 50 pounds down so I have to make a call to the Gyno. I promised I'd call once I hit 50. I seriously just don't want to go which is absolutely stupid. Although she said she got all the dangerous cells out I'm still unsure what she'll say this year. I get antsy with it. But a promise is a promise and I've still got my ovaries to worry about. Blah I hate my family's genes. So I'm calling and making an appt as soon as I post, now that's accountability!

I hope you all have a great day. :)

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey guys! I must admit that I have been avoiding 3fc because i am sooooo ashamed. I was doing so well then BOOM! Everything went downhill fast! It all started when one of my best friends and coworkers got diagnosed with lung cancer. I am having a real hard time dealing with it because cancer has killed a lot of my family, including my own father. It scares me to death.

A week after i found out about my coworker I went on vacation to Florida for a week and ate like a mad woman. Now that i'm back i just cant seem to get readjusted. However, today I started counting calories again and decided to give myself 30 days to weigh in. I hate that I keep failing...

First, I'm sorry about your friend. It is so hard to watch the people around you struggle with something of that magnitude, but please, please, please don't think of yourself as a failure at this weight loss journey.

You have had 20 plus years of wrong messages about food. You, like most of us here, had an unhealthy relationship with food - food for comfort. Food for joy. And of course, have probably been fed the 'bad' foods since young childhood.

Unlearning all of that about food takes time and trial and error. That you keep getting up and brushing yourself off and trying again is a huge testament to your strength and determination. I hope you realize that. You will learn what works for you to help you stay on this path to better eating and living. It just takes time. And while many here seem to drop that weight so fast, we don't know the whole story and it's not the only way to take this journey. Getting healthier and fitter is all that matters and every right decision and every minute of exercise makes a positive difference. Internalize that and BELIEVE IT.

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Well it's officially staying at 50 pounds down so I have to make a call to the Gyno. I promised I'd call once I hit 50. I seriously just don't want to go which is absolutely stupid. Although she said she got all the dangerous cells out I'm still unsure what she'll say this year. I get antsy with it. But a promise is a promise and I've still got my ovaries to worry about. Blah I hate my family's genes. So I'm calling and making an appt as soon as I post, now that's accountability!

I hope you all have a great day. :)

Good for you... reminds me... I haven't had such a visit since my son's birth 6.5 years ago!

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Berry- I am surprised I went through with it... surprised at myself. But now it gives me even more reason to stick to a good eating plan. don't want to go through all this pain just to gain a belly back. My husband would kill me.

I have told myself that if/when I have kept this weight off for 2-3 years and I still have major stomach and arm flab, I will talk to my husband about surgery. Well, that's if I am having problems with it self-esteem wise. Right now I'm majorly disappointed with my major bat wings. I HATE my arms. My stomach... man, it's such a lost cause with pregnancy stretch marks and flabby skin that I've gotten so used to it that it almost seems impossible it could be made better. But with clothes, you can't hardly notice. My arms though - they are there flapping away in every exercise class, and in short sleeved shirts and such. yuck. My arms look so much like my 78 year old grandmother's arms, just not wrinkly.

My entire body - Inner and outer thighs, boobs, upper arms, stomach, butt, hips, back of knees are full of stretch marks. Half of them are from growth spurts in my teens!

I hope you have before the surgery photos so you can compare to the after!

mamakat
09-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Berry!!!!!!!!! Make an appt. Please. :)

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Berry!!!!!!!!! Make an appt. Please. :)
I will, the years of neglecting my health are over. I just need to find a new doctor as mine sucks. And then to find a good gynecologist and a urologist and perhaps a physical therapist... good grief, I sound like I'm falling apart!

mamakat
09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Berry I know how you feel. I saw so many doctors last year that I was doing my best to avoid them this year...hehehe except the shrink, that's mandatory (at least in this house :lol:). But I'm a loud voice when it comes to the Gyno, I skipped 2 years and had I not gone last year...well, enough said. I want to shout to women everywhere, go go go. But I totally get how hard it is to find one.

I had a great one who helped with fertility troubles with DD and just as I was moving along finally we came to a snag. He and I didn't agree on religion matters and I had to find a doctor at 5 months pregnant. That was hard. But now all that's done and I have my baby girl...LOL not a baby anymore. I'm so thankful for her. :D

So all you ladies reading this...go,go,go!!! :D Be happy, be healthy!

ETA first day of school and they both forgot important things. She forgot her glasses and he forgot to eat. Ugh we had the eating problem last year. He won't eat in the cafeteria! I have no idea how to fix this problem. :S

IsabellaOlivia
09-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Today I consumed 1682 calories.

jomatho
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Here it is just past 6 in the evening and I have eaten all I am allowed for the day. That is highly unusual for me. I really hope the hungries leave me soon!
Finished my hour walk with my friend and then ran 2 miles on the treadmill.
That's about it, just waiting for the kiddos to come home, one is at football practice still and the other is at a football scrimmage out of town. We will be busy tonight getting binders and such organized. Gotta love the start of the school year, bleck.
Juicy, I am so glad you are back! Don't ever be ashamed with us, we are here to support you no matter what! I am so sorry about your friend :hug:
Berry, you are too hard on yourself. We all have flaws, but most people don't notice our flaws like we do. When I look at your pictures, I don't see bat wings, I see a well proportioned, curvalicious beautiful woman. :hug:
Gotta run pick up kid #1. . .

Diana3271
09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I hope Larry checks back in soon.

MzJuicyD Hi and Welcome back! :wave:

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Very Large BBQ'ed bone in chicken breast 500 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
~TF HIIT 15
~KCM's 30 MTF Bootcamp - Weights Premix - w/#5, #8, #10
~Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

Larry H
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Well I had my visit with the Urologist today.

My right kidney is perfect no problems:D My left kidney that has been giving me a lot of pain frequently is:

1. Atrophied
2. Has a large stone
3. Is not functioning
4. Has NO unusual growths or tumors

Now the bad news, I have been scheduled for surgery on October 3rd to have my left kidney removed. I am told this will be about a three hour operation and will require a 3 or 4 day hospital stay as it is major surgery. :(

The good news is I will have a sudden weight loss on October 3rd, how much depends on how much that left kidney weighs. :rofl:

Larry,

berryblondeboys
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Well I had my visit with the Urologist today.

My right kidney is perfect no problems:D My left kidney that has been giving me a lot of pain frequently is:

1. Atrophied
2. Has a large stone
3. Is not functioning
4. Has NO unusual growths or tumors

Now the bad news, I have been scheduled for surgery on October 3rd to have my left kidney removed. I am told this will be about a three hour operation and will require a 3 or 4 day hospital stay as it is major surgery. :(

The good news is I will have a sudden weight loss on October 3rd, how much depends on how much that left kidney weighs. :rofl:

Larry,

I'm so sorry that you are having to have another major surgery, but I'm so glad that you have a perfectly functioning kidney remaining and that you have lost all that weight to take the stress off your body when it goes under anesthesia again. You've saved your life more than once, my friend.

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Larry, praying for a speedy recovery!

I am checking in for the accountability! Geez....I can't even spell the word! Spell check seems to catch this word every time. :-)

mamakat
09-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Day two of school, I'm exhausted even though I went to bed early. I must of felt their loss yesterday as I did not want to get out of bed yesterday. Its funny how I go through this every year. You'd think by now I'd be used to it. My neighbors' youngest son went off to college last week and the other one moved to Maine. I'm not sure I will ever be able to handle that kind of separation.

I did manage to get 30 mins of biking in although my heart wasn't in it at all. I still haven't managed to up my meal intake. Ever since the hurricane I've been down to one meal a day. I just have no want for food. The MFP keeps telling me I'm eating way too few calories. I'm trying, but it's really hard. So far my body isn't going into starvation mode so I guess that's a good thing. We'll see how today goes.

Larry sorry to hear about your up coming surgery, but glad that it can be fixed. I laughed too when you mentioned the weightloss of the kidney. I thought the exact same thing after the hysterectomy. I was sure that was a lot of dead weight...well I was glad to get rid of it any way. Alas, it wasn't significant enough to change my scale :p But it gave me hope to carry on. :) You are in my thoughts!

Berry how is DS doing? Will he make it to school today?

Krystal how are you doing?

Shish how are you doing?

ItsMyTurn how are you doing?

Jen how are you doing?

DZ how are you doing?

I hope everyone is doing well. I also hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. :)

Diana3271
09-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! We are headed for the weekend! :carrot:

Weigh In: 149.2
Down: .8

Larry Ditto what Berry said. Sorry about the surgery. You are in such a better place now to have it done, though. Are there any special dietary changes that you have to make until then? Or just keep doing what you've been doing? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

berryblondeboys
09-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Well, got up before the sun to help my older son get ready for school this morning. He wasn't even difficult to wake up, so I think he was partially excited/a bit nervous as well. Made him a smoothie for breakfast and packed his fancy bento thermos thingee for lunch with spicy Indian leftovers.

He's been gone for 20 minutes and the little guy doesn't need to wake up for another 45 minutes, so I'm killing time between the two kids rush to get up and off to school.

Did bodypump last night and it was HARD. I'm having some knee pain with lunges, so I think I need to see a physical therapist to figure out WHY I'm so stiff (I have so very, very, very little flexibility) and see if I'm just doing lunges wrong or if my body just isn't made to do them properly (which is possible) and if that's the case, what exercises do I do in their place?

I'm taking step class today, but when they come to the lunge section (and they always do), I'll have to skip them. I'm getting really afraid I'm going to damage something and that would SUCK!

All time low today which is odd in the middle of my stall out. I think I know why though (as I have figured out my rhythms). Last month my cycle was REALLY short, so period and ovulation gain came back to back close as I ovulated on day 10. This month, I'll probably ovulate late (which is what I tend to do if my cycle gets off - it self regulates itself to go back to an average of 28 days). So, this month's menstruation gain finally came off, but the ovulation weight gain hasn't started yet. Most months I drop midway between the two, but usually not enough to get back down to my previous lows and I've never had an all time low in the middle of that). So, we'll see if tomorrow is a gain, same, or loss as I gear up towards ovuation. Did you all follow that novel? LOL

Bought myself a wind breaker/rain coat yesterday. it was only 63 for a high and raining and my old rain coat was a size 24 (it was always too big for me as my top size was a tight 20 at 275. Now I can literally zip myself and my husband up in it). New raincoat is a size L. Not sure I'll ever need to drop down another size as I have big boobs. So now I'm prepared for fall completely. Still need sweaters and a winter coat for winter, but we'll get there when it gets here.

ETA: Just looked at my 750 miles done for 2011. I just tabulated and to keep on track for finishing for the year if I were to do a steady pace throughout, I would need to be at 697 today, so I'm ahead of the game (which I knew), so it seems I'll meet that goal which is awesome!

Diana3271
09-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Berry Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Nanna7
09-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Morning.....

Larry, glad you found out what was wrong, sorry you have to have surgery though. Happy thoughts coming your way.....

I got a bit of good news yesterday. Got a call from a new gym that is opening up right down the street from me. If I go today and get signed up, which I plan on doing. I can get locked in at 9.99 a month for the 1st year. THAT is a good deal. So along with some grocery shopping today, I plan to stop in there.

I bounced and bobbled for a couple days, but I got my Mojo back. Just be glad to see him stay in one place for a while.....lol

Diana3271
09-07-2011, 08:25 AM
I bounced and bobbled for a couple days, but I got my Mojo back.

Nanna You get a big thumbs up on that one! :bravo:

ItsMyTurn
09-07-2011, 09:38 AM
I miss a lot when away.

Larry - that's a rough way to lose weight, lol... but I sure do hope it's a smooth recovery and surgery for you!!!

Mamakat - You are looking great in your new pic!! Sorry you are so exhausted now that school is in session, seems we need to adjust our bodies to match new schedules ;)

I am still having some medical issues that have slowed me a bit.. also seems to be taking up my time to do the same things as usual, so apologize for not checking in so much and for lack of personals. I have been totally on plan except for bringing myself up to calories (I have to shoot for 1200)...and have skipped some days of strength training due to this whole mess... but... still trucking forward! My apologies for lack of personals. I will try to catch up later (work has been slammed so was unable to while there yesterday).

mamakat
09-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Okay so since the flooding and city repair my street is now under construction. I got DS to school, but won't be able to pick him up by car. His school is over a mile away and a lot of it up hill. BUT I feel like he'd stay in the parking lot if I wasn't there to tell him I can't get out of the drive. So I'm thinking I should walk there. It's raining and that's a far distance but I have been hiking much further. I could use this as my exercise for the day. I'm wondering though would it be embarrassing for him. I could wait just on the other side and wave from a distance...lol I really not sure how this will go over. But I think I'm gonna do it. I'm thinking an hour should be enough time, right?

jomatho
09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone! Just a little procrastination before I get after cleaning this house.
Went on my walk this morning and I think I will stay off the treadmill and use housecleaning as my other workout for today. That should be good and also serve as a running rest for me.
I was good last night and didn't eat after 6 (since I already ate all my calories), so I stayed on plan.
My sodium was pretty high for me yesterday at 3500, so I am watching that today. Some days I just seem to select more high sodium foods than others and often don't realize it until the end of the day when I finish entering in my logs. I was up 0.2 on the scale, may have been a little sodium blip. Again, I was s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g this morning (felt like I should have been down 10 pounds), but I chalk that up to eating dinner earlier than usual.
We have a leak coming from our fridge/freezer, so we have a repairman coming to look at it either this afternoon or tomorrow. I have to move all the stuff from the freezer down to the big freezer in the basement, because we think it has something to do with when the freezer is defrosting. Either that or an internal water line that takes the water to the door, which would also be on the freezer side. I hate stuff like that. I guess I will get my freezer cleaned out though, that is the one positive. I just hope it is fixable, I hate to have to buy another fridge/freezer, this one is only about 5 years old. They just don't make things like they used to.
I should run and get my million and one things accomplished today, I will check back when I need a break later, hope everyone has a great day!!!

jomatho
09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Okay so since the flooding and city repair my street is now under construction. I got DS to school, but won't be able to pick him up by car. His school is over a mile away and a lot of it up hill. BUT I feel like he'd stay in the parking lot if I wasn't there to tell him I can't get out of the drive. So I'm thinking I should walk there. It's raining and that's a far distance but I have been hiking much further. I could use this as my exercise for the day. I'm wondering though would it be embarrassing for him. I could wait just on the other side and wave from a distance...lol I really not sure how this will go over. But I think I'm gonna do it. I'm thinking an hour should be enough time, right?

I think an hour would give you enough time with the hills. Sounds like a great workout, and I have to laugh because my kids would probably stand there and wait forever too. If you don't feel up to it when it gets closer, or the weather gets worse, could you call the school and get a message to him? He'll be embarrassed either way, they all are at that age. Let us know how it works out!

jomatho
09-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I miss a lot when away.

Larry - that's a rough way to lose weight, lol... but I sure do hope it's a smooth recovery and surgery for you!!!

Mamakat - You are looking great in your new pic!! Sorry you are so exhausted now that school is in session, seems we need to adjust our bodies to match new schedules ;)

I am still having some medical issues that have slowed me a bit.. also seems to be taking up my time to do the same things as usual, so apologize for not checking in so much and for lack of personals. I have been totally on plan except for bringing myself up to calories (I have to shoot for 1200)...and have skipped some days of strength training due to this whole mess... but... still trucking forward! My apologies for lack of personals. I will try to catch up later (work has been slammed so was unable to while there yesterday).

Personals is not a requirement! Just do what you need to keep yourself on track and accountable and don't worry about the rest. We're here for you no matter what. Sorry about your medical issues and that they are stealing time from you, there is already not enough time in a day, let alone with that happening. Hang in there and I hope things are easier for you soon!

Vixsin
09-07-2011, 10:09 AM
-----Enters the forum in a whirlwind of confetti, dust, bits of streamers, and glitter..-------

WHEW! I'm back! Back from the bestest Labor Day weekend ever! A close friend of mine got married and boy, did we party. :lol:

190.0 on the dot this morning and you know what? I'm ok with it. I am really looking forward to the quiet, boringness that is my regular routine. :)

I've missed you guys! I'll try and get caught up. LOL I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!!

:grouphug:

berryblondeboys
09-07-2011, 11:03 AM

Does he not have a cell phone? So you can text him what's up and ask what he prefers?

berryblondeboys
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyone else having problems adjusting their ticker? Tried to add 4 miles for the step class and it won't let me. Weird.

mamakat
09-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Berry he does have a cell, did he take it is the question or would he turn it on if he did take it. He can't remember to eat so I can't expect him to remember his phone as I forget mine all the time. He's a sweet kid and says nothing embarrasses him. I asked if I could work at the dollar store across the street from his school, he said go ahead. I asked if I could work at goodwill, he said go ahead. I suspect if a mom appears at school with purple or blue hair anything is easy after that. :lol:

He's old enough to walk home, but because of my ditsiness I sometimes am late so he waits. I just don't want him waiting in the rain. He won't take a bus so either way he has to walk. Every kid in town knows I'm his mom and I don't have purple hair anymore so I'm less embarrassing :D I'll just wave from across the street so no one sees me waving at him. Ugh, creeper alert :lol:

He could choose a different path home, but something in me thinks he won't. I'm pretty cool (according to DD) as far as mom's go. She says lots of kids wish I were their mom as I'm goofy and kidlike. Of course that gets me no respect, but I'll take what I can get. :)

Jomatho I'll let you know how it went. I'm sure I manage the hills. Theres a huge hole right in front of my driveway with lots of men :) So I definitely should go. I once called the school for my son and they paged him 3 times, he never heard the page. I think he doesn't listen to the speakers because it's too distracting.

ItsMyTurn no need to worry so much on personals, we like hearing that you are doing well, but we all know that things do detour us. I still haven't managed to eat a meal yet and it's 12 already. I hope things get better for you. :)

Vixsin glad you had a nice weekend. :)

shishkeberry
09-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi everybody! I have regular internet again! Sorta! Haha, we got wifi in my house, but the charging cord to my laptop is missing. I'm using my room mate's desktop. It's very strange. I had only my mobile for internet for more than a year so having everything the right size is disorienting. I gained a few lb in water weight but it's starting to go down now. I lost a lb of it this morning. I'm at 245.6. I'm off to go pick up my DS from school, but I'll be back later. WITH PERSONALS! WOW!

berryblondeboys
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Raining so hard here with so many streets closed and sidewalks flooded that for the middle and elementary schools all walkers have to be picked up from school. Henry is technically a walker, but I always go to pick him up - either by car, scooter or walking. It was a ZOOOOOOOO at the school - didn't help their parking lot was closed because it was completely flooded.

Now that I've done the kid pick up for both of them, I'm finally taking a shower after gym! LOL Glad I waited as I got soaked later too.

zoodoo613
09-07-2011, 04:25 PM
It's been raining all day (and night) here too, but the really heavy stuff isn't moving in until tonight. The county I'm in did OK during Irene, but the surrounding counties where among the worst hit by floods. I hate to think of what all this rain is going to do to them.

mamakat
09-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Well I over estimated the time it would take to get to DS's school. I sat under a big tree for 1/2 an hour texting DH. It began to rain heavily when DS appeared we waited a few minutes under the tree and then began our walk. He didn't even seem phased that I was there. :) I feel bad b/c his back pack weighed a ton. I offered to carry it, but he was a sport and walked with while singing to me :D He sang the whole way home!

I ended up falling asleep after changing out of my wet clothes. DD came with expectations that we'd go shopping after the construction workers left for the day. BUT she didn't complain when she found me zonked. The weather is crushing my muscles, but I refuse to let it get my spirit. I really enjoyed that walk, I may do it for fun until the weather gets bad.

New NSV...a few years ago I found a windbreaker in my closet. I did not buy this jacket and have no idea whose or how it got there, but I've been wearing it (sort of). It fit over my arms and was long enough to cover my butt, only it never closed/zipped. Well it did today! It also wrapped around my waste when it got too hot to wear. Nothing ever fit like that before. I smiled all the way :)

Hope you all have a good evening and stay dry :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-07-2011, 08:36 PM
I am checking in for my accountability. The weight loss is going so slow, but I am hanging in there. Every little bit counts!

Diana3271
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I didn't have enough food tonight at the restaurant. I had to cook me some vegetables when I got home. The restaurant changed their menu. Not good!

Total Approx 1325 Calories & :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (585 Calories)
Spinach/sliced tomatoes 50 calories
Blue cheese crumbles (about 4 tiny crumbles) 50 calories
About 5 small croutons 50 calories
Sliced sirloin steak 250 calories (high guesstimate)
I brought my own packet of salad dressing Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette 35 Calories
Steamed cauliflower & asparagus 150 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

ItsMyTurn
09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
mamakat - congrats on the windbreaker NSV!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I am so jealous of everyone's rain! It's been forever since we got some here and it's so stinking hot.... according to the weather, we should hit a high of only 99 over the weekend, here is hoping they are right!!!!!

Diana - I hate when places change menus on ya, especially when you liked what was already there! :)

Diana3271
09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
ItsMyTurn Ha Ha I hate leaving a restaurant hungry, too. I never quit feel right, even if I do eat more later. We have had cooler temps and less humidity. I am so glad for the better weather. I wish I could send some your way.

berryblondeboys
09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I wonder how many calories I burn while working in the kitchen? I spent about 3.5 hours on my feet with doing dishes, making dinner, making bread and cinnamon rolls and the savory mini pies for lunches tomorrow. Of course, the kitchen is a wreck again, but i'll wash up those dishes tomorrow - my treat to myself with my mother in law gone.

My app says that it burns 760 calories, but isn't that part of the "low active" lifestyle I say I have? So confusing, so I never count the long hours of working in the kitchen and just say that I am a bit more active than being sedentary.

The sedentary lifestyle and low active lifestyle is a difference of 600 calories a day. I think leaving it as low active is better.

When I just did that I realized that to lose 2 lbs a week at my current weight, it says I could only consume 790 a calories a day (not counting exercise). Eek! I changed that right quick as if I see something that low, it will discourage me!

Edited to correct the stupid autocorrect mistakes my iPad makes.

Larry H
09-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Still 210 lbs today

1404 calories which is 97 under my my Wednesday goal of 1501 :carrot:

Two hours of yard work before it started raining.

Larry,

K9Owner
09-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Ö..enters the thread shortly after Vix, doing cartwheels over all the glitter, confetti, bits of streamers, dust, and CALORIES Iíve consumed in 6 days!
Did I say cartwheels? HA!! :rofl:
You all let me know when you see this humpty dumpty feeling, wannabe back on plan so bad it is killing me, water weight gain though the ROOF, over-calorie consumption nurse manage even one cartwheel in my present state!

:flow1: HELLO Everyone!!! :flow1:

Rarely do I say this, but I AM THRILLED TO BE AT HOME!!!
After leaving Gilliganís Island, going to my parentís house for a nite, we ended up at :sunny: SimpliciTy :sunny:
SimpliciTy is our getaway spot in Arkansas, on the Spring River! DH and I have 1.4 shaded acres, completely riverside!
We have been working on getting the land paid off before we build a cabin on it, but who knows when that will be! We have an RV on it though, with water and electric, and itís really nice to go for a few days and get out of the busyness of the city!
Iíll tell you, I had a great time with the fam and all, but gosh, Iím so glad to be home! There is only so much of my parents I can take, if you know what I mean.
I have been off plan since I gained last week and there is NO WAY Iím stepping on that scale to record a weight on Friday! I have seriously eaten so many :cookie: I think I may turn into one!

I am going on a cruise in October with my mom and dad for a week. I hope I can regroup before thenóemotionally and eating-wise!

Diana3271
09-08-2011, 07:18 AM

Weigh In: 146.8
Down: 2.4 pounds

K9 I know that feeling. You just have to get back on track. I planned to have 4 off plan days for Labor Day. I started feeling so full and bloated that I decided to stop with the off plan eating. I lasted for 3 days. My weight had also gotten to the top of my maintenance range. I didn't like that either.

berryblondeboys
09-08-2011, 07:36 AM
We're going to float away in an ark soon.

Tuesday: 1.83 inches of rain.
Wednesday: can't find an accurate source but 4.8 by 1:30 pm and rained more (all day more), so I'm thinking it has to be about 6-7" for yesterday and could be more.
Thursday (since midnight): 1.5 inches of rain and it's still raining.

This is double what we got from Irene. We just don't have the winds to go with it.

Since my mother in law has left we have had two hurricanes, an earthquake and the plague in the house. Last time she was away for two weeks the plague hit the house. Does that mean she can never leave???? This is so unfair!!!

And up .2 on the scale.

mamakat
09-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Ugh, these construction guys are driving me mad! Every time they hit the road to bust it up my house shakes. My dog is going crazy and already we've had to ask if we could get our cars out of the driveway...they didn't even give us a chance to take the kids to school. Now I'm parked on a different street and their giant truck is in my driveway...how nice of DH to offer it to them. We are the only ones who can fit that monster in their driveway. LOL bet the neighbors hate us. Parking is at a premium on this street and our drive can fit 7 cars easily.

Anyway none of that has to do with weight loss except now I have to walk a block to my car :) I did not sleep a wink last night. I'm having a terrible time with Bruxism and my brain won't shut down again. I hate when I can't stop over thinking every little matter. To top it off, I only ate 500 calories yesterday, it's been like this for a week now. DH was a bit upset I didn't eat his dinner, bluck it was gross. I couldn't even look at it. I'm thinking this anti-anxiety med is not doing it's job!

And already I've had a crying fit this morning. A friend of DH's posted crap on Facebook and like an idiot I read it. Now I'm a hysterical monkey screaming "why?" Poor DH having no idea what to do. It's gonna be tough this week. I might just shut down earlier than planned so I don't see anymore unwanted things. I don't think my poor heart can take it :( On the bright side I'm not eating due to emotions...:lol: Something has to be bright, right?

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. Keep smiling :)

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 08:00 AM
k9 - I am so glad you are happy in your surroundings, yet still had a great time :) OP for a bit, but back on target is a great thing... you got a rest, but you also know how to pull it back around :)

mamakat - I am so sorry your emotions are toying with you so bad and getting in the way of your sleep. Not being able to sleep, almost seems like an amplifier to those emotions in the day too. Hopefully that will improve real fast for you. OMG, a big truck and you can't park your car in the drive cause of it...that's hilarious! Sounds like something my DH would do to "make their job easier"...men are so funny!!

Scale went down again, I am tickled about that. Not able to do the exercise thing right now due to medical issues and TOM misery...but hoping in another couple days I will be able to pick it back up. That is my stress relief... so for the sake of other people's survival, I hope nothing huge comes up until I CAN exercise again, LOL!

Diana3271
09-08-2011, 08:28 AM
ItsMyTurn Congrats on your weigh in. Sorry about the TTOM misery. Mine should be showing up soon with tons of baggage to boot! ;)

zoodoo613
09-08-2011, 08:42 AM
So, I don't know what to say. It's been a pretty bad week. Foods been all over the place. Not always a lot of food, but a lot of bad food (pizza, wings, hot dogs, chips, mac and cheese) I didn't track 2 days because I was travelling. And now, perhaps because of all this, perhaps not, I've got a headache going on day two. I never have headaches.

I've been trying to reel myself back in. Surprisingly, I didn't do too bad yesterday. I had an incredible craving for mashed potatoes. I generally put them in the "bad" food category, but I managed to have some without going nuts on calories for the day. I'm going to a dinner meeting tonight, so that's another obstacle. I don't even want to go, but feel like I have to. Gah, what a funk.

And to top it off, it won't stop raining. That's not doing much for my mood, although I realize that I'm lucky that it's only my mood and not my property or life that's being affected.

Where'd that motivation I was feeling a couple weeks ago go? I want that back.

berryblondeboys
09-08-2011, 09:12 AM
So, I don't know what to say. It's been a pretty bad week. Foods been all over the place. Not always a lot of food, but a lot of bad food (pizza, wings, hot dogs, chips, mac and cheese) I didn't track 2 days because I was travelling. And now, perhaps because of all this, perhaps not, I've got a headache going on day two. I never have headaches.

I've been trying to reel myself back in. Surprisingly, I didn't do too bad yesterday. I had an incredible craving for mashed potatoes. I generally put them in the "bad" food category, but I managed to have some without going nuts on calories for the day. I'm going to a dinner meeting tonight, so that's another obstacle. I don't even want to go, but feel like I have to. Gah, what a funk.

And to top it off, it won't stop raining. That's not doing much for my mood, although I realize that I'm lucky that it's only my mood and not my property or life that's being affected.

Where'd that motivation I was feeling a couple weeks ago go? I want that back.

Sorry it's been rough. And yes, where does that motivation go? Why does it fade in and out? that's the hardest part - keeping that constant vigil/persistence.

Hope the day gets better.

berryblondeboys
09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Scale went down again, I am tickled about that. Not able to do the exercise thing right now due to medical issues and TOM misery...but hoping in another couple days I will be able to pick it back up. That is my stress relief... so for the sake of other people's survival, I hope nothing huge comes up until I CAN exercise again, LOL!

it's hard when life/pain intervenes with our plans, but you are doing great and should be very proud of that. Hold onto that as you weather through TTOM. Hormones got to me this past month too. Even when you KNOW it's hormones, doesn't mean you can control the Urgh.... feelings.

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
On Plan! Working the next two nights. I have to stay on plan, weigh day is Monday.

berryblondeboys
09-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Ugh, these construction guys are driving me mad! Every time they hit the road to bust it up my house shakes. My dog is going crazy and already we've had to ask if we could get our cars out of the driveway...they didn't even give us a chance to take the kids to school. Now I'm parked on a different street and their giant truck is in my driveway...how nice of DH to offer it to them. We are the only ones who can fit that monster in their driveway. LOL bet the neighbors hate us. Parking is at a premium on this street and our drive can fit 7 cars easily.

Anyway none of that has to do with weight loss except now I have to walk a block to my car :) I did not sleep a wink last night. I'm having a terrible time with Bruxism and my brain won't shut down again. I hate when I can't stop over thinking every little matter. To top it off, I only ate 500 calories yesterday, it's been like this for a week now. DH was a bit upset I didn't eat his dinner, bluck it was gross. I couldn't even look at it. I'm thinking this anti-anxiety med is not doing it's job!

And already I've had a crying fit this morning. A friend of DH's posted crap on Facebook and like an idiot I read it. Now I'm a hysterical monkey screaming "why?" Poor DH having no idea what to do. It's gonna be tough this week. I might just shut down earlier than planned so I don't see anymore unwanted things. I don't think my poor heart can take it :( On the bright side I'm not eating due to emotions...:lol: Something has to be bright, right?

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. Keep smiling :)

Yes, I think the new meds are causing more problems than solving and lack of sleep can't help with anything - that and too little food. Though, you did take a nap yesterday afternoon which probably didn't help with the sleep last night. I hate that about naps. Obviously if we nap, we need the sleep, so why does it mess up so much at night! Grrr...

Hope today's a better day.

Vixsin
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Good Morning all! :grouphug:

Down .4 this morning to 189.6 Glad to be back in my routine! Although I'm not getting enough sleep. I need to buy some 8 hour videotapes for the VCR I use to record my camera's feed.

Massive amounts of school work to get done this week as well. Definitely feeling the pressure of the load this week. Have my clothes and going to try to get a run in after work. I think that will really help.

Missing you guys and feeling bad that I can't do personals. Life has gotten so busy for me. I am focused and I am on plan today!

mamakat
09-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Berry :lol: I'm thankful for that nap and the one I just had. I'm amzed anyone can nap with those potty mouthed men outside. I'm gonna go for a walk. I'm gonna walk to the boardwalk then walk the board walk and then come home. I'm just not in the mood for biking. AND if I'm tired tonight, I will not nap :D

K9Owner
09-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I would say good morning, but it's afternoon already!
I slept a long time last night, and I still feel tired.
I need a holiday from my holiday.
So, I have new goals for myself, and since I never start anything on Monday, I'm starting today.
I have gotten some fabulous feedback concerning my weight GAIN and plateau and am ready to put my plan into action--uhm, as soon as I make it to the market.
Here's a sample of the revised plan, which I plan to do for a week, maybe 2.

1. Walk for 45 min/day. No running. (I may do 2 a-days--1 with the K9s)
2. Abs 2-3x/week for no more than 15 min.
3. Start using real eggs/egg whites for breakfast instead of EBs for omelets.
4. Limit Splenda to 2-3 pkts/day. Limit food using artificial sweeteners. ( I really love sweet things. This will take MUCH effort!)
5. Set food limits to 1400-1450/day, without calorie cycling.
6. Add 2 more veggies to my day.
7. Add 2 complex grains to my day.
8. Limit water intake to 80 oz/day.

This is just some of the things I am going to try to break the 6 wk plateau I am experiencing.
I am taking the advice of 3FC and MFP friends, so we'll see how this works.

Before I went away this weekend, I was pretty headstrong on starting this regime. I may have been diverted a bit, but I am still hovering around the same weight as I was before I left, so I am confident I can do this for a couple of weeks to shake things up a bit.

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 02:22 PM
ItsMyTurn Congrats on your weigh in. Sorry about the TTOM misery. Mine should be showing up soon with tons of baggage to boot! ;)
Diana - I totally feel your pain. In all actuality, mine hasn't been too bad now that it's kicked in.... but this peri-menapause crap is for the birds! I have PMS now that includes emotions I have never had before, the moods are killer to me, and the hot flashes are crazy cause the heat wave we are on is causing them to kick in constantly lately.... I will be glad when this stuff all ends someday, lol...at least the monthly visitor. Thanks for the congrats!!!! I did a happy dance like you wouldn't believe when I saw that number on the scale!!!!

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
You aren't kidding! I sure do hope the rain subsides for you all soon too - there is no way that is helping with moods. I am truly happy your home and property is not having to "weather" damage though

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 02:33 PM
You staying on plan as your focus is more important then doing personals ;) Sounds like you sure do have a full plate! I love that a lot of us seem to have a ton going on, yet this is still a very involved thread! Congrats on the .4 down :carrot: That is so awesome!!!

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
K9 - I sure do wish you luck breaking the plateau. It looks like you are doing what it may take to kick the notch on the loss belt again... keep yourself focussed and no doubt you will succeed!!!!

jomatho
09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi friends! Poking my head in real quick before I run out to pick up DS. I thought I posted last night, but it didn't get past my draft, so this is my accounts of the last 2 days.
Yesterday, 1 hour long walk outside and housecleaning all day (took a break from running). Calories were on plan, but forgot I was trying to avoid sodium when I chose to make chicken teriyaki for dinner :dizzy:. Other than that it was a good on plan day.
Today, another hour long walk outside and then 2.5 miles running on the treadmill. I have to get going with my miles if I am to make my Sept. goal and still be able to take a rest here and there. Plus, more housecleaning, about another hour and a half, things I didn't get done yesterday that were still bugging me. Keeping my sodium low so far today, but I have really had to think out of the box (Larry, you are my hero). For example, I just had oatmeal for lunch, ick. On target calorie wise at this point too, so doing well.
Hoping to have a little time later to check back in, but if not, catch y'all tomorrow :wave:

still
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Weigh in 174 again today. Yesterday it was 173, I think. I'm trying to stay accountable and keep making healthy choices, though with how busy I've been I've been forgetting to track as I go. Tuesday I did very well- came in at 1460 cal plus worked out on top of that. Yesterday I blew it and had cake and ice cream for snack, plus pizza for dinner. Today I'm back doing well, tracking, and staying at an acceptable range eating wise. Won't get to work out tonight, as I have a staff meeting at work, but I'm definitely hitting the gym tomorrow.

I'm not expecting my weight to budge for a bit (I just started my new med levels Friday, and I expect it takes a week or two to really get there) but I'm happy with myself for being able to keep on keepin on.

Big hugs to all of you :hug::hug: Seems to me we're all struggling a bit right now. We can do this! :dust:

mamakat
09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I didn't get to walk after all. I ended up chatting with my high school girlfriend through facebook for like 2 hours! So I biked, but I didn't like it :P I'm exhausted. I'm definitely telling doc I do not want to stay on this med. It's not helping stress and it's kicking my butt. Anywho... hope you are all doing well.

shishkeberry
09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
I wonder how many calories I burn while working in the kitchen? I spent about 3.5 hours on my feet with doing dishes, making dinner, making bread and cinnamon rolls and the savory mini pies for lunches tomorrow. Of course, the kitchen is a wreck again, but i'll wash up those dishes tomorrow - my treat to myself with my mother in law gone.

Savory mini pies? Do you mind sharing the recipe?

I woke up this morning to 247.4. Yuck. But then I had to pee a lot today and now I'm down to 244.2. I guess I let go a lot of water from the sodium I've been eating lately. I'm trying a 24hr fast today (I dabble with IF sometimes) so I can't eat anything until 8. I don't know if I'll do it since everyone else eats dinner at 6:30. Maybe I can eat dinner and then try it tomorrow. I just have to stay away from the kitchen after dinner. I want this water weight gone! It's weird that half of my brain is ok with it because I knew it was coming, but the other half wants to throw a tantrum and scream "IT'S NOT FAIR!" :lol:

Update on our financial troubles, my roommate found a new job very quickly and he starts next week. I finally got my DD's ss card so I put in the application for food stamps today and I've been putting in applications myself. Apparently I qualify for an extension on my unemployment but I can't do it online anymore (have to mail the claims in now) and I have to be actively searching for a job twice a week. They're giving me a pass for the past month since I didn't get the forms until two days ago. Wouldn't that be nice if it came all at one time? We held off on the car seat since I weighed and measured my daughter and she can still squeak by in the one we have now. She's a half pound under the weight and a half inch under the height requirements. If we get that unemployment that's the first thing I'm going to do. I'd like to get myself a digital kitchen scale as well but I know that's at the bottom of the list.

Oh, and only 11lb to go until my BMI is under 40! Woohoo!

Have a great day, everyone. :)

berryblondeboys
09-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Lots of good news shishkeberry!

Well, the recipe. See, I thought of getting the Williams Sonoma mini pie maker because that would make such great lunches, but then realized taht I could do the same thing in a large muffin tin and oven.

So, I have a 6 count muffin tin (4" across the top of the muffin part). I make pie dough (or you can buy frozen) and I roll it out and using a very large cookie cutter (can't recall if it's 4.5" or 5") i cut out the dough and shape it.

I took a smaller cookie cutter the same size as the base of the muffin tin and cut out a slice of colby jack cheese (could be any kind of cheese), then I ladled 2-3 tablespoons of salsa into each cup. This time I used store bought salsa as we had it on hand in case Irene took out our power, but I would usually make fresh. The kind of salsa I had also had black beans and the black beans is a nice addition for flavor, texture and nutrients, so perhaps mix some black beans in with salsa (which is what I'll do next time when I make it fresh). Then, I took the rest of the slice of cheese and tore it up and put it on top. Baked it in the oven for 30-45 minutes until it seemed done.

So, each mini savory pie had 1/8 a pie crust (80 calories), one slice of colby jack cheese (60 calories) and 2-3 tablespoons of this salsa and 3 tablespoons was 32 calories. Not messy and great for lunches.

I'm going to be doing a lot of variations on mini pies for lunches too.

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
jomatho - look at you go! All kinds of mileage! So wonderful! Running/jogging with my RA doesn't work, but love walking/biking/elliptical/swimming...things with a bit less impact, so totally admire your running!

mamakat - Talking to an old high school friend actually sounds like a great way to spend some time. I totally agree with getting off the meds if they are not serving the functions and making you not feel right

still - way to stay accountable! Seems we are all doing dive-ins real quick here at times lately, as time allows :) But you are still heading in the right direction with desire! :)

shish - you have a lot of good news! I am sooo happy for you!!! So very glad to hear the roommate found a job so fast and that you are getting an extension on your unemployment... also very happy you got the ss card so you could get other assistance in place...that is so wonderful and will hopefully help lift some stress and worry off of you :hug:

berry - I love your creativity! What great ways to make foods interesting and fun!

Diana3271
09-08-2011, 08:14 PM

It seems that I have been kinda busy at work lately with closing out my books, etc. I will do better with personals this weekend.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
~Bob Harper's Beginner Weight Loss Transformation w/5's, 8's, & 10's
~TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Larry H
09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Still 210 pounds but that is not unusual for me to stay the same for a period before another loss.

9/8/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 1380 (29 over) :carrot:

My sodium was 998 mg which is 1002 mg under my goal of 2000 mg:D:carrot::D

I went to the Air Force Base Commissary today and there on the shelf was PB2.
I have been looking for PB2 for a long time so I could try it out. Holy Cow!! it is good. Tastes like regular peanut butter but only 45 calories a serving instead of 190 calories for regular peanut butter.

No exercise today my Kidney pain seems to have gone into high gear. Six different events today lasting from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. The pain has increased a lot. I am so looking forward to October 3rd and getting rid of it.

Larry,

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Diana - Don't worry about the personals, you take care of business girl! :)

Larry - So sorry to hear of the increased pain. I can't wait for you to be rid of that as well... I cannot imagine what a relief that will be for you

K9Owner
09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Star: You are so encouraging! Thank you for being here! Hey, someone is about to be in Onederland!! Who could that be??? ;)

Jo: You never know how wonderful oats taste until you try to do SBD & restrict them for 2 weeks! Put a little PB2 or PB and some banana Flavor with a dash of cinnamon to wake them up a bit. I put a little Agave in mine today with PB and banana flavor :drool:
I :love: oats!!

Diana: Thank you so much for your wisdom on this thread! IDK if your suggestion to me will help my situation, but I am trying it regardless!

Nikki: :hug: Keep pressing on, friend! Hope the meds are correct this time!

Shish: Lots of things going on for you! BIG :hug: gf! When you’re able, I’m telling you, that cranberry drink is NO fluke! 1 day and the water weight is GONE!

Melissa: Those mini pies sound yummo!! I may have to make some using these new Artisan wraps I bought today!

Larry: I’m so jealous! I want PB2!! I am contemplating ordering online. Only 1 health shop within 100 miles from me sells it! Go figure!
:bravo: on the 210! You’ll be in Onederland soon as well—and all BEFORE your 1 year anniversary!! That is just UNBELIEVABLE to me.
I’m sorry you’re in such pain. Praying for you, sweet friend!

MamaKat: :wave: Hiya gf!! Hope the floods and rain and all those workers leave soon. I already know that’s miserable!!

ItsMyTurn
09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Krystal - looking at your post and in my head saying "and WHO is the encouraging one?" LOL!!!! Love this! Everyone lifting everyone when they need.. so nice!!!!! Thank you... I am so ecstatic to be SOOOOO close to onederland! I thought it would take so much longer than it has (and was prepared to stick with it anyway), and have been pleasantly surprised to receive tips from some folks who did synopsis of my situation and gave very effective advice and it's WORKED! :) Super yay!

K9Owner
09-08-2011, 10:22 PM
AFM
I am such a dork!
I used the days in Jan on MFP, before I started really using the app, and entered a few days of 1400-1450 cal/day menus. I included work day food as well, b/c I want to SUCCEED at work! I went to the market, cooked, and went for my 45 min walk today! :carrot: It was hard to limit the water, b/c I am used to drinking all day, but I managed!

FF Cheese Omelet (EB), Cottage Cheese, Polaner AllFruit, Ĺ Wheat Sandwich Thin 327
NOW Green Monster, Cranberry Juice 440
PB Oats w/Agave 295
Chicken, Cabbage, & Wild Rice Soup, Mixed Beans, Greek Yogurt w/Raspberries 388
TOTAL: 1450

Walk: ~169 (I forgot my Polar!)
Water: 80 oz

No Splenda or Caffeine today! :woohoo:
I started taking Cinnamon Caps today!

shishkeberry
09-09-2011, 01:08 AM
I know you said what it was before, but what's in the cranberry drink, k9? I'm thinking I might try it. Most of the water weight from the other day is gone, but I'd like to give it a go next time (and there will be a next time :lol: ).

berryblondeboys
09-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Morning everyone! We got lucky with the rain yesterday. Where we live we only got light rain all day. In the county we used to live in Virginia, flooding was FIERCE and schools are canceled today and nearly all my online firends were reporting flooding in basements, through walls, etc. Holy crap! Lee was way worse than Irene. It's supposed to rain again today, but not as bad.

New low on the scale today. Down .6 on the scale.

Diana3271
09-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :dance:

I am moving slow this morning! In fact, I overslept! :yikes: I rarely do that! I think it's because TTOM is getting ready to start.

Weigh In: 145.4
Down: 1.4 pounds

mamakat
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Berry glad you're doing well as far as Lee. I haven't even heard of this storm, guess DH didn't think I needed to know. :)

Diana hope you wake up soon. I didn't want to get up either. Oh man, I am exhausted.

Krystal I hope your new plan works for this plateau. I couldn't go without caffeine. I did swap from diet soda to coffee. I get my fix in the morning and then the rest of the day water.

ItsMyTurn you are so close to Onderland. You are doing fantastic. :)

Shish sounds like things are starting to get better, I'm glad.

MFP has lowered my calories yet again. Now I have to readjust my thinking, not really. I'm still struggling with eating. I managed two meals yesterday...yay me. It's not even 8am and I'm already dreading working out and that's not like me, so I think it's the new pill. I definitely letting the doctor know this is no good. I will give him his month to "see" how things go, but I'm feeling extreme fatigue as though I'm anemic or my thyroid is acting up and I know that that isn't possible. If I keep feeling this way, I might not exercise and I don't want to lose that.

I hope you all have a great and healthy day. :)

Diana3271
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
mamakat I hope you start feeling better on the new meds. :hug:

mamakat
09-09-2011, 08:28 AM
BLAAAAH they cut my water! I was mid load and I need a drink, how could they? ETA nope they broke the line :( First hurricane now construction workers, will we never get a break. I have to go buy water. ;D

Diana Thank you. One thing for sure, I have fought to be where I am and I like being here so no way am I gonna let this stop me. I will fight tooth and nail even if means stopping a med. It's supposed to help with anxiety and in my opinion its just causing more...so no way am I gonna keep it. I must have my work outs :D

K9Owner
09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I feel like my body is from outer space today! It defo has a mind of its own!

2 weeks ago, I was very strict and OP even on the wknd, without any days over 1600 or 1800 calsólet alone any 2k cal days. I also ran my bum off! I gained 1.2 lbs.

This past week, I go camping, eat whatever I want (3 days between 2200-2700 cals, 1 day over 3k cals), I didnít run, but only walked, and I lost 0.2! I had been 2 lbs higher on Sunday, but did the cranberry thing Wed/Thurs and lost all of it Thurs! :dizzy:

Iím @ a loss & Iím not mathematical!

Diana3271
09-09-2011, 09:44 AM
K9 Do you like asparagus? It seems to help with water weight, too. Well, it does something. :lol: I like to have it in my omelet when I'm feeling bloated. I have been having an asparagus + other veggie every day this week.

I kinda got lost, are you down this week? A new low?

jomatho
09-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Morning all, having a tough time getting myself motivated to do something today. Woke up with a headache, but that is finally going away, thankfully.
Mamakat, does MFP automatically tell you to lower your cals, or did you go in a redo your weight and all that on you own? Hope you get water back soon! I hate being without power or water, you don't realize what a pain in the neck until you don't have them.
Diana, don't you hate it when you oversleep? Thank goodness you don't have to punch a clock! TGIF
Berry, congrats on your new low(s) and glad you were spared the worst of the rains. Those pies sound delicious. I like to make homemade hotpockets with bread dough with various ingredients, but I like your idea better. Do you think you could use bread dough instead of pie dough? Also, can you pick them up and eat them, or do you have to use a utensil to eat them? Sorry for all the questions, but I love stuff I can make ahead and freeze for the kids and DH and that opens up all kinds of ideas in my brain. My poor kids have taken PB&Js all week.
K9, tell my why you entered days in Jan? Is that so you could plan out a sample day and then copy it? I love any ideas to be more efficient! You are so going to bust this plateau, I can feel it! Here is some :dust: for you! I had to laugh at the cartwheels talk. I tried to do one when my kids were a little younger and we were outside goofing around, I practically broke both my wrists.
ItsMyTurn, Cheering for you as you get close to Onderland :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Oh, and I am right there with you on the perimenopause crap.
Larry, I have yet to try PB2, but if I see it next time I go the the health food store, I am picking it up for sure! Is it powdered or actually like PB?
Shiskberry, sounds like things are looking up for you, I am so glad! Wow, that is a lot of water weight to lose in one day, I wish I could do that! What was your previous low?
Still, its probably really hard to lose right now until your meds are where they need to be, great job with the workouts, are you still pretty tired all the time?
Zoodoo, hope you are having a good day :wave:
Juicy, Hi there :wave:

K9Owner
09-09-2011, 09:51 AM
K9 Do you like asparagus? It seems to help with water weight, too. Well, it does something. :lol: I like to have it in my omelet when I'm feeling bloated. I have been having an asparagus + other veggie every day this week.

I kinda got lost, are you down this week? A new low?

I'm down from 150.4 last week to 150.2 this week, but my low is 149.6 this time around.
Funny you mention asparagus, my hairdresser was telling me yest she had been doing the herbal HCG thing (why ppl buy into these rip-off herbal things is beyond me) and she said all she ate was apples and asparagus b/c of the diuretic effect

I like it, but in pasta dishes with parmesan cheese!

K9Owner
09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Jo: That is EXACTLY why I chose to enter them in Jan. Itís easier for me to look at a meal and say, well, thatís 300 calsóI can have that today or itís 400 cals, thatís too many left for the day. It never works if I try to plan out what Iím eating for a week on a Monday. I never know if Iím going to have a sweet-tooth craving kinda day! Thank you for the :dust: I need all I can get!!

mamakat
09-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Jo every time I lose 10lbs it asks if I want to redo my goals and calories. if I hit yes then it sends me there to do just that. it's almost like a goal in of itself. if it pops up, I know I've lost 10lbs :D

water is back on, thank goodness :)

Vixsin
09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Good Morning All!

I'm down .4 to 189.2 this morning. Yay for that. Managed 30 great minutes on the treadmill last night. I challenged myself and ran faster last night. I ran at 5.5. I felt so strong. I did a 10 min and then a 5 min. That was really great!!

I still need to get that videotape I was mentioning. I'm still only getting 6 hours of sleep and that isn't enough for me so I'm still feeling really run down. it doesn't help that I neglected my school work all holiday weekend and now am paying the price.

Friday though! :yay:

Sum38
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't even dare to weigh myself :eek:

I have this stupid lupus and it is acting up :( I have a fungal and bacterial infection in both of my ears, and my left eardrum burst.

So I am miserable, and eating everything I can get my hands on :lol:

I say, next week will be my week :)

berryblondeboys
09-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Berry, congrats on your new low(s) and glad you were spared the worst of the rains. Those pies sound delicious. I like to make homemade hotpockets with bread dough with various ingredients, but I like your idea better. Do you think you could use bread dough instead of pie dough? Also, can you pick them up and eat them, or do you have to use a utensil to eat them? Sorry for all the questions, but I love stuff I can make ahead and freeze for the kids and DH and that opens up all kinds of ideas in my brain. My poor kids have taken PB&Js all week.

yes, you can pick them up and eat them or you can cut into them. I also plan to use bread dough/pizza dough for some other recipes. I love this pan I got (versus the electric pie maker, which people seem to love too).

I wish I could link to it, but it's not on Williams Sonoma's page yet. It's called the Brookster pan (to make those half brownie half chocolate chip cookie things), What I like about it is that it's the shape of a pie pan versus a muffin pan and there are 6 of them, so I can make six at once. Might buy a second pan to make 12 at once now that I know how easy these things are to make.

A regular muffin pan/tin would work too, but it would be more steep sided and smaller. This brookster pan is the same shape/size as those mini pies you can buy in the grocery store sometimes in the disposable aluminum pie tins.

They are really great, because they fit in my son's and husband's lunch box (which can keep food cold or hot): http://www.zojirushi.com/products/slgre (http://www.zojirushi.com/products/slgre)

K9Owner
09-09-2011, 11:11 AM
WoW Melissa! That is some lunch jar! How did you find such a clever item?

K9Owner
09-09-2011, 11:12 AM
I have this stupid lupus and it is acting up :( I have a fungal and bacterial infection in both of my ears, and my left eardrum burst.

Sorry you are feeling bad.
Hope you feel better soon!

berryblondeboys
09-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Sum so sorry... chronic illnesses SUCK!

berryblondeboys
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry you are feeling bad.
Hope you feel better soon!

I found it at my local international food market (for a bit less than I can find it online). I bought one for my husband and one for my teenage son. They both love it. Still not keen on it being plastic containers but it's hard to find everything and that it's a thermos and keeps foods hot or cold is great. My teenager was SICK of sandwiches.

I have a different lunch box for the first grader and that's been working great too because he can see all his food and it's easy to get open and close and great for little hands. It's a planetbox.

shishkeberry
09-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Shiskberry, sounds like things are looking up for you, I am so glad! Wow, that is a lot of water weight to lose in one day, I wish I could do that! What was your previous low?

My lowest low was 243.2, but I saw a 243.0 today after I took a nap. :)

Good Morning All!

I'm down .4 to 189.2 this morning. Yay for that. Managed 30 great minutes on the treadmill last night. I challenged myself and ran faster last night. I ran at 5.5. I felt so strong. I did a 10 min and then a 5 min. That was really great!!

Great job! A brisk walk at 3.0 is about my limit on the treadmill. I'm impressed!

BLAAAAH they cut my water! I was mid load and I need a drink, how could they? ETA nope they broke the line :( First hurricane now construction workers, will we never get a break. I have to go buy water. ;D

Diana Thank you. One thing for sure, I have fought to be where I am and I like being here so no way am I gonna let this stop me. I will fight tooth and nail even if means stopping a med. It's supposed to help with anxiety and in my opinion its just causing more...so no way am I gonna keep it. I must have my work outs :D

I really hope you and your doctor find a med that's right for you. :hug:

Oh my goodness, Sum, feel better soon!

My water weight is gone and it took an extra .2 with it. :D Oh my goodness, football is here! I can't wait until Sunday! My Ravens jersey fits me now and we're playing our worst rival. I'm hoping we can mess Ben's nose up again. jk, kinda lol! I can't stand Roethlisberger. :stir:

jomatho
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
My lowest low was 243.2, but I saw a 243.0 today after I took a nap. :)

AWESOME!!! :bravo: :carrot::carrot::carrot: Did you do anything special to get rid of the water, or just wait it out?

shishkeberry
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
AWESOME!!! :bravo: :carrot::carrot::carrot: Did you do anything special to get rid of the water, or just wait it out?

I just waited it out and had a low sodium day yesterday. I tried to drink more water but I'm not very good about it.

jomatho
09-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I just waited it out and had a low sodium day yesterday. I tried to drink more water but I'm not very good about it.

I've been watching my sodium last couple days too once I looked at my weekly logs!!! Yikes. Again, Larry, you are my hero for how low you get your sodium every day!

jomatho
09-09-2011, 06:04 PM

So sorry your Lupus is acting up :(. Hoping you feel better soon and are able to kick some butt next week!

ItsMyTurn
09-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Kristiina - So sorry to hear of the flair up... sure do hope you feel better real soon

shish - Great job on the loss!!!!

Melissa - That looks like a great find on the lunch containers for teen and DH... nice

I am missing a ton of you, but that's all that is on this page and I can't remember jack from the other page cause of fielding work at the job right now, lol. I will try to catch up later :) Happy Friday all!!!!

Larry H
09-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Larry, I have yet to try PB2, but if I see it next time I go the the health food store, I am picking it up for sure! Is it powdered or actually like PB?

It is powdered, you mix 2 Tbsp of it with 1 Tbsp water. The consistency mixed is like creamy peanut butter and in my opinion it tastes great.

Larry,

Larry H
09-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I've been watching my sodium last couple days too once I looked at my weekly logs!!! Yikes. Again, Larry, you are my hero for how low you get your sodium every day!

jomatho No you have gone and did it. Mt hat doesn't fit anymore with all the compliments you have been sending my way. LOL

Larry

IsabellaOlivia
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM
1200 cals today.

Been struggling with sleep since starting anti depressants, and lack of sleep makes me have zero physical energy. Walking up the stair seems like a challenge:P I've also just started therapy to deal with personal issues. My lifestyle change has made me more phyiscally healthy, now I'm hoping therapy will make me more emotionally healthy.

Diana3271
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I normally go to bed too late on the weekends and end up waking up too early (that internal clock thing). I am going to try to get to bed early tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow! Have a great evening! Sleep well!

IsabellaOlivia Hang in there. I hope everything (meds/therapy) start coming together and working for you. :hug:

Sum I'm glad you checked in. So sorry about the lupus flare up. :hug:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 100 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories
Ice cream 100 calories

Exercise:
1000 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 55 EZ

ItsMyTurn
09-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Melissa - I am so glad you got to avoid the flood waters. Hopefully weather will break for you soon so you can see some sunshine and let things dry out a bit. Congrats on the new low!!!!

Krystal - Dork or not... have to tell you, to play around with MFP like that to get the totals of meals sounds pretty clever to me! Love it! Way to go on the walk!!!! You are kicking butt!

Diana - Sorry you overslept... sometimes those mornings just sneak up on a person! :lol:

Mamakat - Thank you! I sure was proud of the new numbers :) I think it's wonderful that you hit another mini goal that prompted possible adaptations through MFP!!!! You can add me on there if you wish: StarIsMoving is my name on there. I have GOT to get more active on mine and remember to keep logging... I am so bad at it. I sure do hope that getting off those meds and being put on something different will actually help with anxiety and make you feel more yourself

Jomatho - The peri is making me feel half crazy. Messing with body and emotions... glad to know I am not alone on that end though. Glad your headache improved..that doesn't sounds like a good way to wake up

Vixsin - Hopefully sleep will come your way soon. Great job on the loss!

Larry H
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
An interesting day, I had an appointment for a "Diet Program" at my cardiologist's office at his request. I did not know what to expect and found it strange to ask me to it in view of my success in losing weight.

It turned out to be a seminar and sales presentation for the Ideal Protein Diet.
I declined to enroll and went home. It appears like I made the right choice because I researched high protein diet and "one" kidney. The overwhelming consensus is that I need to avoid High Protein diets and as a matter of fact a low protein diet may prove very beneficial to the continued health of my remaining good kidney. I did not know any of this, I was mostly not able to afford the cost of this diet. Good for me!!:D

My weight remains at 210. A whoosh is due anytime and knowing this helps me be patient.

9/9/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1350 (451 under):D:carrot::D
My sodium was 1369 mg which is 631 mg under my goal of 2000 mg :D:carrot::D

I was in meetngs almost all day today so no exercise.:?:

Larry,

K9Owner
09-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Larry: :yay: for using your head on that one! No way you could withstand high proteins at this point! Itís because protein contains Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Nitrogen molecules. The Nitrogen molecules are huge and they leave the body via the kidneys (like most other things).Iím not exactly sure the amount you should limit it to per day, but your nephrologist should be able to shed a little light on that # for you. I am surprised that your Cardio recommended this to you with the amount of weight you have lost on your own!

Shish: :yay: for the water weight to finally leave you!

Diana: After searching high and low, I FINALLY found some ďNo Added SaltĒ cottage cheese, at the Fresh Market, of all places! Itís Friendship Brand. I canít remember if this is the brand you recommended or not, but I actually like it!

Jo: PB2 is a little harder to get your hands on than the health food store. If you go to the website ( PB2 (http://65.181.154.96/)) you can find a distributor in your area. The closest one to me is 100 miles away. Uhm, can we say AMAZON! :lol:

Isabella: I hope you feel better soon with the new meds and therapy. :hug:

MamaKat: You know, I have never had MFP ask to change my cals---probably b/c I canít seem to lose more than 10 lbs on the site! :rofl:
Oh, btw, gotta love the side effects of Western medications. If I had to take so many diff things that our government regulates and mandates, Iíd go see Jesus 1st!
Hope you feel better soon!! :hug:

Vix: :wave: Hiya

K9Owner
09-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Occurred to me, I didn’t post my day yest.

Friday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Allfruit, FF Cheese Omelet (Real Egg Whites), Orowheat Sandwich Thin 348
Chicken, Cabbage, Broccoli, and Wild Rice Soup, Greek Yogurt, Raspberries 328
2 Twisted Pinks ~165
Santa Fe Chicken Wrap :drool: 609
Total: 1450

Water: 80 oz
Walk: 135 + (I walked a lot yest, but on my 45 min walk, my Polar said 135)
Cartwheel: 1 :rofl:

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Diana: After searching high and low, I FINALLY found some ďNo Added SaltĒ cottage cheese, at the Fresh Market, of all places! Itís Friendship Brand. I canít remember if this is the brand you recommended or not, but I actually like it!

K9 That's the exact brand I had mentioned. I am glad you found it. It does taste different and takes some getting used to, if you are used to regular cottage cheese. I was amazed at the amount of sodium in regular cottage cheese. Crazy!

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 07:06 AM
It appears like I made the right choice because I researched high protein diet and "one" kidney. The overwhelming consensus is that I need to avoid High Protein diets and as a matter of fact a low protein diet may prove very beneficial to the continued health of my remaining good kidney. I did not know any of this, I was mostly not able to afford the cost of this diet. Good for me!!:D

Larry I think you made the best choice for your body. You have done an amazing job on your own, without the added expense of a special diet. Keep up the great work! :bravo:

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Well, I got into bed early, but I laid there for a little while. I was up at 6 am. I think I got close to 8 hours of sleep. That's great for the weekend. I always end up going to bed late and then waking at my usual or close to my usual time. I end up not getting enough sleep. So I am happy with my sleep last night. Hopefully I can do the same tonight.

I am up on the scale this morning. I was 100% on plan yesterday, so it's OK. I'm thinking it's because of pending TTOM. It seems like one month it starts at 21 days and the next it's 28 days. This is a change from what it used to be. This month is looking like a 28 day month. Tomorrow will be 28 days, so it should be starting any time now.

Weigh In: 146
Up: .6

berryblondeboys
09-10-2011, 07:16 AM
An interesting day, I had an appointment for a "Diet Program" at my cardiologist's office at his request. I did not know what to expect and found it strange to ask me to it in view of my success in losing weight.

It turned out to be a seminar and sales presentation for the Ideal Protein Diet.
I declined to enroll and went home. It appears like I made the right choice because I researched high protein diet and "one" kidney. The overwhelming consensus is that I need to avoid High Protein diets and as a matter of fact a low protein diet may prove very beneficial to the continued health of my remaining good kidney. I did not know any of this, I was mostly not able to afford the cost of this diet. Good for me!!:D

My weight remains at 210. A whoosh is due anytime and knowing this helps me be patient.

9/9/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1350 (451 under):D:carrot::D
My sodium was 1369 mg which is 631 mg under my goal of 2000 mg :D:carrot::D

I was in meetngs almost all day today so no exercise.:?:

Larry,

That's one thing people don't take into consideration when they eat super high protein diets - it's hard on the kidneys to process. Fats and carbs are easier on the kidneys. Of course, carbs are 'out' for me because of blood sugar issues, so that leaves fats. Well, fats (meat fats) are hard on the cardiovascular system. So, how to find that right balance? So, I eat a 'lower' carb diet high in nonmeat fats, but have also upped my protein too - just not super high.

Basically, balanced eating is good and then with our own body's quirks we have to figure out it's best balance.

berryblondeboys
09-10-2011, 07:21 AM
This morning when I stepped on the scale, I was like, well there it is, the ovulation gain is starting. But then I came back to the scale, thinking: "Wait a minute...186.4? That's DOWN not up." and then reweighed myself. My brain had seen the 186.4, but processed it as 188.4. So... down .8 this morning. Hmm.... I wonder if I'm having an anovulatory month? Weird, but I'll take it... I'm less than a pound from losing 70 pounds! Woohoo!!!

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Berry Congrats on being down .8! :carrot:

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Ok, so this morning, I've already yelled at DH and I am even getting on my own nerves. Guess what??? TTOM just started! Coincidence? I think not! :rofl:

DZackery
09-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Good Morning! I'm sorry I havent been around. This week has been insane. My oldest DS is on his way to healing from brown recluse bites.....and I just realized my youngest now has a similar but not exactly the same expanding sore on his knees and elbow. I'm going out of my mind.

Meanwhile...the scale is still being mean to me. It just wont budge!!!:mad: I see a small decrease, eat right for another couple days and then it all comes back. I'm just so :?:. I just don't get it. I've been eating well, exercising, drinking water, and I walk allllllll bloody day!....NOTHING.

Sorry...just a vent moment.

Happy Day to everyone else.

mamakat
09-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Larry I agree (I think with Krystal) why suggest a diet when you're already doing wonderfully? It's great now that we can research before we decide something. Some of my doctors even suggest it before we make changes. I read a little on the IP diet it sounds hard, so restrictive.

Diana glad you got some sleep. I'm not like the internal clock myself. I used to be able to sleep til 10 on the weekends, now I'm up and ready to go by 8. And normally I have nothing to do.

Krystal To be honest I wish I understood medications more, but I know for a fact that I can not live without them so I take them. The anti anxiety I can live without, the others are sort of keeping me from seeing Jesus :p

ItsMyTurn I'll definitely friend you on MFP. I log in first thing in the morning. I have a lap top right next to my bed so its easy. I think if I had to go to a computer I wouldn't be on it as much :)

Berry congrats on the loss and being soooo close to 70# down. That's so cool. Glad you made it through the stormy weather. How was the first week of school?

I didn't work out yesterday, but I did end up driving for 2 hours and walking a bit looking for a stupid video game. It's a good thing I like to drive we ended up in rush hour traffic (all the city workers coming home) ugh that's a lot of cars. Took the boys to a really big mall and DS friend was in awe. I didn't think our mall was that small, but this one had three levels! The kid cracked me up. I love watching them light up when they get overwhelmed with happy stuff.

Oh and something very strange occurred. Mind you, we were supposed to go to one store in town and then back home. I NEVER EVER wear shorts...I only own one pair and I bought them by accident. It was hot yesterday so I tried them on 18 (not only did I accidently buy them I bought them too small). Well they fit so I wore them (around the house). But then like a dork didn't change thinking only one store. Four stores later and a mall and I catch a glimpse of myself in shorts, in public...my knees!!!! I took a good look and smiled, it was OK. :lol: It's nice knowing I'm doing just fine in my self esteem these days, such a nice break from my old self.

Have a great and healthy day everyone.

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 09:40 AM
DZackery I hope everything is OK with your DS! Those B. R. spider bites can be nasty. Sending healing thoughts your way. Your body could be reacting to the stress that you are feeling right now and not letting go of the weight. Stress can effect you like that. :hug:

Mamakat I'm glad you wore those shorts! :carrot: Keep working on that self-esteem! :bravo: Great job!

DZackery
09-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Diana- Thanks for that thought. I'm worried that my youngest has somehow contracted Staph in what were already open scrapes from falling on the sidewalk. It's going around the school system right now and highly contagious. I've been taking pictures last night and this morning so that I can compare day by day.

It's definately testing my faith in homeopathics. I'm a big believer in them but I've never used them to treat Staph before. The weekend is forcing me to just stick to my guns. I know that doctors are treating Staph with Bactrim, a sulfa antibiotic so I started treating them with Hepar (the homeopathic version of sulfa antibiotics without the side effects). I'm used to using Hepar because it's my go to med for anything bacterial but Staph scares me as I almost died from a bad bout of pulmonary MRSA back in 08.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm just trying to steel my believe in eastern medicine. People act like I'm a bad mother for not using mostly western medicine on my children. It makes me a little insecure about it. My kids havent been on anitbiotics, painkillers or fever reducers in almost 5 years thanks to my common medicine cabinet collection of Belladonna, Hepar, Ledum, Apis, Aconitum, Arnica, and Calendula. These items have made sure that instead of compromising my kids' digestive flora and immune systems, they recover from illnesses intact. But it's not normal, especially out here for this type of medical treatment. So people look at me funny like I'm crazy or something.

Crap...rambling again...ok I'll stop...I'm gonna stick to my guns and keep treating them for this issue. (Though if it's not starting to clear, I may take the youngest in just to test for Staph so I know which way to go.) :)

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 10:59 AM
DZachery I don't always go the way of modern medicine, either. I wouldn't even know where to start with what you have going on. Maybe have it tested to see. Staph is serious stuff.

I am scared to admit this. As soon as I say something it will bite me in the butt. KWIM? I had all of the childhood vaccines and I ended up getting allergy shots as a child. I have never nor do I plan to have any of the flu vaccines. I have read up on the stuff and I don't like what I have read. I have less incidences of cold/flu compared to people that I know that have gotten the vaccines. Now that I have admitted this, I am going to die for sure! :yikes: :faint:

DZackery
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Diana-

I learned about the homeopathics through the racehorses. We started using them on the horses about 12 years ago and then on us and about 5 years ago my now 8 year old got an ear infection on a friday afternoon (of course we couldnt go to the doctor.) So I called mom and asked about what I could give him. She recommended Hepar. And it went from there. I had my 3 year old over swine flu in about 48 hours, have taken care of ear infections and other basic PITAS. If you are interested in any of it here are the basics of what I keep for everyday stuff...with 3 kids. :)

Belladonna- Inflammation/Swelling/Pain/Fever
Arnica- Swelling/Bruising/Soreness
Aconitum- Virus
Hepar- Bacteria
Ledum- Pushes "poison" out of the body, whether it's venom or mucus
Apis- General antivenom for insects/spiders etc.
Calendula- Healing agent for the skin, good for bites, scrapes, burns, etc.

All of these are made by Boiron and cost about $6. The calendula is not internal, it's a topical gel, ointment or cream (depending on your preference).

Just figured I would provide the basics for any interested parties because I have saved many doctors bills by using the stuff. :)

ItsMyTurn
09-10-2011, 12:11 PM
DZ - YOU are the parent... YOU know what is best for you child no matter what anyone else "thinks". Every parent does things differently..and is entitled to do what THEY believe is best for THEIR child ;) Stick to your guns, get it tested if you think it's best...but You do for YOUR child what YOU think is right.... don't think there is a sentence in that paragraph that says "if it's not the normal, it isn't right..... or..... if everyone else says it's wrong then it must be", LOL! I am a parent of 2 disabled out of the 3... we do rely some on modern medicine, but there are also things I use to help that are naturals... it's how I think is right for MY family ;) See how that works? You have no reason to let it play on insecurities... just relax and follow through on your thoughts of what is right for you family :) And as always... this is just my opinion.

DZackery
09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
It'sMyTurn Thanks! And....I did a little research and found out that treating Staph with Hepar is spot on. :carrot: I have found that treating things myself instead of relying purely on the opinion of a doctor has taught me alot about how things present, heal, work etc. (Though the doctors don't like when I ask their opinion, ask why they have that opinion, then give them my own and ask for feedback.) LOL :D It makes it where they have to sit in the room for more than 30 seconds. HAHA

HEHE...My own personal joke....

My oldest DS with the brown recluse bites is my stepson. His mother is.....according to my pastor, a person that should receive a whole bunch of love from me....(in other words...I can't STAND her!) Anyway, she saw the bites on DS and flipped her lid. I started telling her how I had started treating it and she looked at me and said "Well you don't have a medical degree" and started telling me how she wants to listen to someone who went to school for 8 years.

SO! First of all....the pediatrician who is gonna giver he his opinion probably went to college for 12 years, not 8. AND! let's say he did gradate in 8 years. I have been in college for 8 years! So my opinion should count. :D

Oh and she does things like telling me before we take him in to get the wounds tested "Well I'm not trying to be a b**** but they arent going to listen to you because you arent anybody to him.

WHAT!?! I've only helped raise him for the last 7 years!

Jeeze...I love her so VERY much. ;)

jomatho
09-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Good afternoon! I have had a great morning so far, slept in :yay:, down a whole pound on the scale :yay: and got my workout done right away, another 3 miles to add to my ticker :yay:.
I have a lot of replies to make, but will have to get back to them later, much to do right now :wave:

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
DZackery I really like Boiron and Hyland's products. In fact, I took my Boiron Cyclease PMS this morning. I needed all the help I could get! I was getting on my own nerves. :lol3: I am feeling better since taking it. I have some of the ones you listed. I am going to copy your list for future reference, though.

As a side note: I found out about Ignatia Amara after my Dad passed away. This product was a Blessing and got me through some really tough times. I would highly recommend it, if you are dealing with grief.

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 12:47 PM
down a whole pound on the scale :yay: and got my workout done right away,

Jomatho Congratulations on the pound and for getting that workout in! :bravo:

ItsMyTurn
09-10-2011, 12:55 PM
jomatho - congrats on the pound down! :carrot: !!!!

DZ - I am glad you stay to what you believe. I don't have to deal with the step-parent/bio-parent tug of war (thank goodness cause I don't think I would do well)... but I do face challenges. This is also why I insist we all go to DO and not MD when we go to doctors. Ours knows that I like natural when possible and is open to all suggestions/additions/options that I put forth to her and I am soooo thankful! Now DD is stuck doing IV treatments and such that nothing else has worked with... surgeries and such too... but... for the smaller things, we treat with vitamins and such. My colon has been helped TREMENDOUSLY with my supplements (that I researched and doctor agreed to let me try)... I have the prescriptions she also gave "just in case"... but have not needed them other than Vicodin until the supplements got built up in my system. I love love love our family doctor (and that is rare and huge for me, lol).

mamakat
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I like Hyland's restless leg remedy. They are the only ones I found with quinine. Quinine helps with muscle cramps/pain.

still
09-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Hey everyone! Weighed in at 172 this AM, another pound down. I think my meds are starting to really work for me. And, of course, all the healthy choices I've been making lately, those can't hurt either, right? ;)

Yesterday was on plan, 1570 cal and a 45 minute workout on the stationary bike. I'm just checking in quick before I hit the gym today for my goal of three workouts this week! Woot!

Hope you all have a great day!

Sum38
09-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I ventured out last night to see the 1/2 time marching band show.

I also ventured on scale, and it was not that bad...156 lbs....up a few pounds but I thought it would be way more.

K9Owner
09-10-2011, 06:16 PM
DZ: Where do you buy these homeos?? I'm VERY interested & thx for sharing such valuable info!

It's the weekend! I'm working it! Hope everyone has a nice couple days. If it's gorgeous weather-wise where you are, no need to ask if it's a good idea to get out and enjoy it! :lol: It IS!!

:flow1: GET OUT THERE!! :flow1:

mamakat
09-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I got out! I walked to the boardwalk, then walked the boardwalk then walked back home. The sun was HOT today, I had sweat rolling down my neck. That's a new experience for me :p I'm exhausted now. :)

I hope you all had a great day and will have a wonderful night :)

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 08:53 PM

We had breakfast for dinner and it was soooooo gooooood! :drool: This was probably one of my favorite dinners that I have made in a long time!

Total Approx 1585 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
Chicken Flatbread Sandwich 300 calories

Dinner (870 Calories)
Grits w/eggs + crumbled sausage and French toast w/blueberry "syrup"
Yellow Grits 140 Calories
2 eggs 140 calories
1 cup of egg whites 100 calories
2/3 cup turkey sausage crumbles 80 calories
2 slices white wheat bread 110 calories
Blueberry "syrup" made with 2 T blueberry preserves + water 100 calories
Coffee w/cream + sugar 200 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's Basic Step and Body Fusion w/#10

berryblondeboys
09-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Busy day today, but I got in a workout and got everything done I planned to do. Tomorrow morning, Zumba. I love earlier morning workouts because then I'm done for the day and I a. don't need to think about it and b. it doesn't interfere with other plans.

Of coruse, 9 am isn't overly early and starting next Sunday I won't be able to do Zumba on Sundays any longer because of Sunday school, but, that's next week. This week I can go.

Diana3271
09-10-2011, 09:39 PM
K9 I'm not sure where DZ purchases her products. In the mean time this may give you some info.

http://www.boironusa.com/
http://www.hylands.com/

This is where I purchase: http://www.vitacost.com/Homeopathic-Remedies-Products

berryblondeboys
09-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Well, up .8 from yesterday... Gotta laugh. Reason is probably two fold - one, I hate higher sodium food yesterday and two, my body is probably gearing up for ovulation. It's all OK, I ate about 1500 calories total, exercised for an hour, so that's all OK.

Today I'm doing zumba.

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Checking in and being accountable is the way to go to lose the weight. Tomorrow is official day. Today was 180.5 and that makes me happy! I can feel the extra weight off of my belly.

Diana3271
09-11-2011, 08:13 AM

I am so glad that I didn't start TTOM last week. That would have been disastrous combined with the staycation gain! ;)

Weigh In: 146.6 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Berry Enjoy your Zumba class!

WannaBeLoserAgain I hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

DZackery
09-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Good Morning! I think I might be needing to join my DS's in loading down with the homeos this morning...scratchy throat. I dont have time to get sick. I have a formal observation tuesday morning with my UCF coordinator and I have to take a big certification test on wednesday morning! Body be better~!

Diana- I am going to have to try the cyclease PMS. I can't stand myself when TOM comes. I'm really awful; horrible temper, nasty mouth, and miserable cramps. Plus now that I have an IUD it loiters around for 10
fa-reeking days. I am also going to check out the grief one you mentioned for my SIL. She lost her 15 y/o son to suicide about 6 months ago and I know she still has a tough time with it. Maybe I will ride over today. I have to go to town anyway to get the studt book for my test.

ItsMyTurnWhat is the diff between a DO and an MD? I love our pediatrician. He was my ped. and he is pretty open to my different home treatments. He's extremely aware of his patients and just fabulous. Unfortunately he is trying to retire and keeps putting the kids with whoever is the new and current PA. (No one ever likes them so he gets a new one) I always make him come check out the kids even after the PA....tactless, I know, but honest. :)

mamakat-I am going to have to ask my mom what she uses for "tie-ups" in the horses nowadays. Thats where they are basically one big charlie horse. It doesnt happen often anymore now that she is learning the different things that can cause it...ovulation and such but when it does, it releases horrible amounts of lactic acid into the muscles and it's difficult to get them back on track quickly. The quinine might be somthing to try.

k9-I buy my stuff either at 1800homeopathy.com or for my more common stuff I get it at Mother Earth Market. They have a website and lots of locations. www.earthorginsmarket.com

Diana3271
09-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Diana- I am going to have to try the cyclease PMS. I can't stand myself when TOM comes. I'm really awful; horrible temper, nasty mouth, and miserable cramps. Plus now that I have an IUD it loiters around for 10 fa-reeking days. I am also going to check out the grief one you mentioned for my SIL. She lost her 15 y/o son to suicide about 6 months ago and I know she still has a tough time with it. Maybe I will ride over today. I have to go to town anyway to get the studt book for my test.

DZackery I hope you start feeling better. How is it going for your DS with the BR spider bites? Yes, you need to try the Cyclease PMS. It helps me. So sorry for your SIL. That has got to be horrible for her. Just awful! The Ignatia Amara is really good stuff. Here's some reviews:

http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-Ignatia-Amara-30X
http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-Ignatia-Amara-30C-160-Pellets
http://www.iherb.com/Hyland-s-Ignatia-Amara-30C-160-Pellets/9720?at=0

jomatho
09-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, up .8 from yesterday... Gotta laugh. Reason is probably two fold - one, I hate higher sodium food yesterday and two, my body is probably gearing up for ovulation. It's all OK, I ate about 1500 calories total, exercised for an hour, so that's all OK.

Today I'm doing zumba.

:rofl: I am up 0.8 today too! Oh, you somehow made me feel just a little bit better this morning! Not that I want you to gain too, just knowing I am not the only one that follows an awesome 1# loss with a 0.8# gain :dizzy:.
I was out all day yesterday and we chose to stop at Subway for lunch. I ordered a 6" turkey sub with lots of veggies on 8 grain bread. I also had a bag of baked lays chips. I felt good about my choices and was very satisfied until dinner. I was shocked later in the day when I entered in the info into mfp to find out I ate 1500mg sodium just in that lunch!!!!!:yikes:!!!!! Needless to say I was way over my sodium goal yesterday, so I am hoping that accounts for the gain. Oh, and I had a few buffalo wings last night with my fam during a football game and those tacked on another 500mg! 6 little tiny wings!!!! So I put this out there for all of you so you don't make the same mistakes I did. You know, I have never felt good after eating subway, I always thought it was because I used to eat a 12" sub, but now I wonder if it is the sodium overload thing????? I know processed meat has a lot of salt, but that is a h*ll of a lot of salt!!!!! If I make a sandwich at home with turkey, it doesn't have that much, what gives? What do you guys get at Subway if you eat there?

DZackery
09-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Diana-I think most of my issue is a combination of being newly in the school system again, stress from these kiddies being yucky and allergies all wrapped into one. I dont really feel sick so I'm gonna go with mostly allergies. Belladonna and Ledum will help me out since I dont have any of he fancy shmancy "allergy" liquid my mom has. LOL Perhaps a visit is in order! ;) "oh mooommmyyyyy....do you have anything for scratchy throat and clear allergy snot? hmmmm???? *puppy eyes* *blink blink*"

Oh, fun fact...

White Blood Cells-

Yellow- Job well done
Green-Working
Red/Black-Eeeps! Infection!

Both DS's are doing good. Neither is having any systematic symptoms, just the loacalized skin issues. Those seem to be under control.

I believe DS #3 just got a mild staph infection in the already open wounds he had but those are finally this morning looking like they are solidly on their way to healing.

DS #1 has some pretty gruesome wounds but color is good and healthy, I have 2 that I am still a little concerned about but they havent gotten worse and I havent seen them yet this morning so....we'll see. I think they just had more venom then the others and may have also gotten some staph in there.

Deciding whether to go to church this morning.

Oh my, it's late, be back later.

mamakat
09-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I got to sleep in today, that was nice. DH noticed I lost some inches, that was nice. Having coffee now, that's nice. Good morning so far.

DZ I'm hearing Brown Recluse and thinking isn't that a very poisonous spider? I thought those were in CA and Australia...I don't know anything about spiders. I myself have them all over my house and don't kill them, but the only ones that are poisonous are the black widows and they don't come into the house like the wolfs and other cool looking spiders. Every year I find a nest of them in my hair. No kidding, my DD freaks out when these tiny white spiders start crawling out or flying on their webs. I don't know where I pick them up. This year I was typing on my computer and I thought a hair was floating in front of my glasses. Nope, little guys were trying to catch a breeze with their webs. It's against my rules to kill them, but they aren't poisonous either. They do bite though :p

Jo I can't remember the last time I was at Subway, but it was for my son. He loves it. As he was ordering I was thinking I could have the tuna...I like their tuna w/ pickles and a little onion. I almost starting ordering then remembered "duh, I'm on a low carb diet, no bread!" I don't like their salads, so I waited til I got home.

Ok I'm on the wrong page so I can't see everyone's post. So I'm going to say hello to everyone :wave: hello. And that I hope you have a great and healthy day. I'm off to read a book and stay quietly in my room :)

jomatho
09-11-2011, 10:36 AM
DZ I'm hearing Brown Recluse and thinking isn't that a very poisonous spider? I thought those were in CA and Australia...I don't know anything about spiders. I myself have them all over my house and don't kill them, but the only ones that are poisonous are the black widows and they don't come into the house like the wolfs and other cool looking spiders. Every year I find a nest of them in my hair. No kidding, my DD freaks out when these tiny white spiders start crawling out or flying on their webs. I don't know where I pick them up. This year I was typing on my computer and I thought a hair was floating in front of my glasses. Nope, little guys were trying to catch a breeze with their webs. It's against my rules to kill them, but they aren't poisonous either. They do bite though :p

Are you pulling our legs? Seriously? I would say those anxiety meds are working properly then because I would FREAK OUT if that happened to me!!!!!:yikes:

berryblondeboys
09-11-2011, 10:49 AM
jomatho I had a very high sodium day yesterday too. First, I had a big beef jerky stick (like a huge slim jim). That was my oh so nutritious lunch on the drive to Virginia. Then for dinner, I had a Bacon Angus burger at McDonald's - sooooo salty and then I had a tiny piece of pizza (frozen trader Joes). Only unsalty things I had yesterday was a atkins nutritional bar and a sliver of apple spice cake at the meeting I went to. HOW I kept things under 1500 calories is amazing with all that, but I just made sure I didn't eat MUCH, but I ate so much salt.

mamakat
09-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Jo I have always liked strange creatures. When I was a little wee lass I had tons of crazy pets including a tarantula named Agatha and several chuckawalas, protected lizard in AZ. My brother and I brought home so many stinking weird things that my mom just had to give in, really she just didn't have in her to care. I try to teach my kids to love spiders like I do, but DD is terrified even of Halloween decorations. She has been a super sport this summer as we have had several really cool spiders come in and make homes. The are big and beautiful colors, stripes red and black, orange and black. I was amazed she didn't freak. She has even watched them eat :)

The hardest pet I've had was a hedgehog (I really miss her). Her food was of crickets and meal worms. I HATE worms. But stores will sell them dead and she didn't like them. SO I would have to stick my finger in the bucket and twirl it around to make sure I wasn't getting a bad batch. NOW that was tough. Ewwwww :( Spiders are way easier to deal with.

Well that was my appetite suppressant for all you. Now I know you won't eat for days. :lol:

ItsMyTurn
09-11-2011, 12:39 PM
ItsMyTurnWhat is the diff between a DO and an MD? I love our pediatrician. He was my ped. and he is pretty open to my different home treatments. He's extremely aware of his patients and just fabulous. Unfortunately he is trying to retire and keeps putting the kids with whoever is the new and current PA. (No one ever likes them so he gets a new one) I always make him come check out the kids even after the PA....tactless, I know, but honest. :)

. www.earthorginsmarket.com

The difference that I have taken notice of the most is that MD will look to treat symptoms and the issue.... the DO will look to help you with train of treatment YOU are comfortable with and treat the whole body, not just the initial issue. I will give a couple examples: I went in to get my knee checked on knowing it has gotten worse, but not willing to do narcotics.... so they taught me the ice massage for it, as well as doing the x-ray and mri on it... but also asking if it effects the ankle, the thigh, etc... my daughter went in with complaints of feeling worn out and they knew of her severe ra... they looked into treating the pain and also the depression (that THEY found due to treating body, not JUST the obvious)... on other words... you don't like prescription medicine? They will work around that as much as possible... you worried that the something being bothered isn't the full problem? They will find out. This is a problem we have had in our past in our family. I took DD several times to doctor for her ankle...they had done (kid you not) over 12 x-rays... couldn't find anything wrong... a year and half later, finally changed her dr to a DO... she started sending to specialists to figure out the train, something wasn't right is what I told her and she totally followed through... severe polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis was found within a month. Or... my heart.. I kept going for breathing issues. My old dr said it was probably anxiety. I didn't think so... I almost passed out on the job. I went to the DO.. they sent me to cardiologist who, discovered VERY fast that I was in need of a surgery, probably had just a week's window to get it done before I may no longer be here to get it... amazing to me. DO's is what we insist on now. Wow... I really rambled... hope that helped though

ItsMyTurn
09-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Hopefully those with high sodium will get it down again today... remember to combat it with water! :) Pesky sodium!

I am in awe over the spider nests in hair Mamakat... wow

Jomatho - I am with you... I would be totally freaked

LindseyLou
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh ladies...how awful am I? I post one thing then I'm MIA for like 2 weeks...:( I have been so incredibly busy it's not even funny. Started a new job about 3 weeks ago and started back to school full-time so needless to say I'm exhausted! Lately I've not been feeling well at all, lots of joint pain and whatnot so I've been completely slacking as far as exercise goes. BUT, I'm trying to keep my food on track since I'm not working out at the moment. :^: I might attempt some Pilates tonight...

Anyways, here is my plan for today...

(got up late..it was closer to lunch time so no breakfast.)

L Ė pesto, chicken & provolone panini 500, strawberry applesauce 80 (580)
S Ė banana 100
D Ė pork chop 200, grilled corn on the cob 150, grilled asparagus 50 (400)
S Ė frozen strawberry bar 80
1160 so far...I'm going to shoot for staying under 1400 today. :)
Shooting for 80 oz. of water today too...

DZackery
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
MamaKat-Yes Brown Recluses are extremely poisonous. The venom causes blistering and necrosis of the flesh. The habitat extends the southern united states from CA all the way to FL. :)

ItsMyTurn-Very interesting. I am actually currently happy with both my doctor and my kids ped. BUT if ever I feel like they are not listening, I will remember a DO as an option.

K9Owner
09-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone :wave:
I made it through a Saturday night at work OP!! :woohoo:
Everyone ordered Chinese takeout—a fave of mine—and I said NO!!
Despite them all eating in front me, I refused all of it!!

Saturday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Pineapple x2 280
S’bux Double Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte w/ 1 tsp Agave’, FF Omelet (Real Egg), PB & Nilla Wafers 481
Rotisserie Chicken/FF Cheese Sandwich on Orowheat Thin, Ĺ TBS Mayo, Greek Yogurt, Raspberries, Baked Lays, PB Nilla Wafers 663
Total: 1424

Water: 72 oz
Walk: 385

No Splenda!
Triple caffeine! :yikes:

If I can manage one more night!!
And wouldn't ya know it, TOM is due this week :tantrum:
Have any of you EVER lost the week of TOM??

Repeat 472 times....I WILL STAY OP....I WILL STAY OP....I WILL STAY OP....I WILL STAY OP.....I WILL STAY OP!!!

K9Owner
09-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi Linds!! :wave:

IsabellaOlivia
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Saturday was 1369 calories.
My workout was Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30.

I'm really fed up with drinking water all the time. Is there anything else I can drink that is reasonable in calories and taste good. And no artificial crap.

mamakat
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Isabella I can only think of tea iced/hot and coffee.

mamakat
09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Another weekend gone. DH surprised me and asked if I wanted to go on that 4 mile walk again. I hadn't planned to exercise today, but what a nice day it was. The beach was super breezy and lots of people were out enjoying the sun. It's a long walk! I'm still not eating much more than two meals a day. Last night I ate a few bites of food and got so full feeling that I didn't think I was going to keep it down. I have no idea why this is happening. I get the aversion to food, but the physical distress was weird.

Anyway, I hope you all had a great weekend. Tomorrow is WI for me, can't wait to see what it brings. DH is going to AZ for the week so I've got kid duty all week long. This means cooking, shopping and open house. Ugh, what a week to leave me on. :lol: He does it to me every year too. I got ambushed one year by teacher conferences...I told him to never do that to me again. But here we are :) Anything for the kiddos.

Have a good night everyone.

ItsMyTurn
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Lindsey - Hi!

DZ - That has worked for us :)

Krystal - I actually have, matter of fact, did this week :) LOL! Remember I said I was scared of the scale, but it behaved, and all was good, LOL! You can do it too!!!! Although my weight is higher to begin with, so probably had a better shot at that then you do? My body holds onto water weight, but lemons squeezed into water, warmed up, then drank at night, seems to help with that

Isabella - I love to drink water, but when feeling like I want something else, I also drink vitamin water, and we keep crystal light in the house.

Mamakat - Great walk!!! I am so glad you have someone to go with you, must make the walk feel less like work :) Tell DH to pack light clothes depending on the part of AZ he will be in. If it's the Phoenix/metro area, we have not been below 100 except the last 2 days... and even then, they are looking at 99 all week. Just as a heads-up :)

Diana3271
09-11-2011, 08:34 PM

IsabellaOlivia How about adding lemon or lime to your water. You can add some stevia if you need it sweetened. You can also have any type of tea or herbal tea. Again, sweeten with stevia if you need it sweetened.

Total Approx 1455 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (650 Calories)
Grilled Mahi 200 calories
Pita 200 calories
Sauce 100 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (440 calories)
Chicken salad sandwich
Chicken 120 calories
Mayo 70 calories
Lettuce & Celery 50 calories
Premeasured ice cream cup 100 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

shishkeberry
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Last night was pretty bad. Through circumstance I ended up not eating anything at all (busy during the day and then I slept from about 5-11pm). I woke up when some friends of ours came over. DF was making dinner for all of us. At one point we went outside for a cigarette and my DF started having a seizure. He has epilepsy so it happens sometimes. But while I was standing over him trying to keep him from hurting himself, I started feeling extremely dizzy. I tried to sit down on the chair on the porch but I came to in the front doorway. I guess I passed out from lack of food? I'm really not sure. I've gone that long without eating before. Anyway, bad timing, right? I felt so bad because my DF was having a seizure and I couldn't help him. He's ok now, he slept a lot today and I made some chicken salad with the leftovers from last night so we ate a lot of that today. I feel bad that he has to work tonight, though. Maybe they'll send him home early.

So, I decided to take this as a "free" day of sorts. I didn't go nuts but I didn't measure or calorie count anything. I still made a note on MFP of what I ate but I'm not sure of the numbers.

Sorry for no personals. Today was really hectic. Our old roommate just showed up to get some of his things and it's about damn time, too! He says he'll be back on Tuesday for the rest but I doubt it. He's said that twice now and then just didn't show up on the day he said he would. I can't stand him. Ugh. But on the positive side, my Ravens totally whooped some Steeler butt and I couldn't be happier. My jersey fits nicely since I've lost this weight and my team had an awesome start to the season, especially since we're such bitter rivals with the Steelers. Unfortunately, the Giants lost so DF is moping a bit.

Diana3271
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
shishkeberry I'm glad everything ended up being OK for you and your DF. You've had a rough weekend. :hug:

shishkeberry
09-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, we're ok. He bit his tongue and had trouble eating today but he seems ok, just a little worn out.

ItsMyTurn
09-11-2011, 08:50 PM
shish - So sorry to hear of all the events of the weekend for you. I am glad you both are ok now though... tired for sure, but ok. It sounds like your natural sugars went too low... on days when you don't feel like eating, at least try to get a piece of multi grain or wheat bread into you and that grain will help hold your natural sugars at level.

Sum38
09-12-2011, 10:07 AM
So sorry shishkeberry! I hope DF is better!!

Do you think the cigarette on empty stomach caused you being light headed? -- when I was a smoker it used to go "right in my head" if I was hungry.

Sum38
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Krystal I always lose it with TOM. I can't stop eating. And that is when I usually crave for all the bad stuff. -- You are on the same cycle than I :) :)

Sum38
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
LindseyLou A BIG HUG!!

Don't get burned out :(