Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default 4 Week Challenge, Give it A Try!

Welcome again to our 4 week challenge. Anyone is welcomed to join! If you want to get the weight off bad enough then you CAN do it! It took me 8 months to reach my personal goal of 64 lbs lost.It might take some of you less than that or more than that. The point is to Not give up. If you cheat one day ....it happens. Start fresh on your next meal or the next day. It happens to everyone. By forgiving myself many times for doing this I have been able to reach my goal. My main goal is to keep the weight off, which I have done for the past 3 months. I have gained 1-3 lbs but I lost it right away.Basically by doing the right things .Below is my before and after link.That before picture is really me and so is the after picture !
http://www.getting2goal.com/success/gen.php

If you want to join just send me a PM and let me know how many lbs your goal would be for this 4 wk challenge? You dont have to listen to me but try to keep it real. It's very hard to try andlose 10-15 lbs in a month. In fact almost every doctor will tell you this is not a realistic goal.The heavier you are the more you will lose in a month. You dont need to post your weight if you dont feel comfortable doing so.Just let me know how many lbs you'd like to shoot for. The challenge ends Feb 27. Every saturday we weigh in and post if we lost/gained or maintained. If you dont lose ,please DONT give up. I have gone through weeks of no loss at all. After eating right and exercising like a mad woman. It can be frustrating I know! Stick to it and you will get results! There are a bunch of great people that have joined the last few challenges and have had great success! There are always great tips on lowfat meals posted often.Exercise tips also. If you are reading this then you are on your way !

Gen...Goal ..( Maintain current weight)

Rusty..Goal 4 lbs

bobsgal..Goal..8 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

Dipsntwists..Goal 8 lbs

Madcat..Goal..5 lbs

Choci..GOal 12 lbs

grizzlyschick..Goal 5lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs

Lidian..Goal 4 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 4 lbs

angieMe..Goal 8 lns

Appleblossom..Goal 6 lbs

Clarita..Goal 5 lbs

Kina.. Goal 5 lbs

Bayle_b Goal.8 ..lbs

melekalikimaka..Goal..9 lbs

Gen
194/130/130 (at goal since Oct 2002)

Last edited by Gennel; 02-08-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #2  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Gen - chalk me up for a 4 pound goal! Spring is coming!!
Old 01-27-2003, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I'd like to join in on your challenge. My name is Stephanie. I'm 25 and have 2 children. My son will be 5 in February, and my daughter is 2. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager, but really started gaining when I went to college. The freshman 15 and on top of that I got pregnant. My all time highest weight was 292 lbs. That was when I was pregnant with my daughter. I originally started "dieting" for the millionth time on July 29, 2002. I weighed in at 275 lbs. I am now at 247 lbs. My goal for this challenge will be 8 lbs. That's 2 lbs per week. My ultimate goal is 160 lbs. Good luck to everyone.
Steph
Old 01-27-2003, 10:54 AM   #4  

Hi ladies. I'm in for sure. I'm going to set my goal at 8 pounds again. I've set that goal for each of these challenges and not managed to reach it. Still, I've lost a total of 10 pounds and 8 is a realistic goal. Even if I only lose 1 or 2, I'm still better off than I was when I started. Here's to a successful challenge for all of us!

Jen
238/228/140
Old 01-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #5  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

I've been away training for a week so I've been out of the loop which seems to be growing like crazy!!

Welcome to all the newbees

Okay, I'm going to aim for 8 pounds this time. I'm already off to a bad start because (in support of troop 50) I bought some girlscout cookies. Thin mints at 40 cals per cookie so ration is the word!

Okay Ladies, lets work hard this month, you see how quickly they pass? I mean wow! Where did the month go? Well, good seeing you, I hope I actually change my avatar this month. I want to show my progress.

-Dips-
Old 01-27-2003, 11:39 AM   #6  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Guys!

Count me in again... but this time I'll set a more realistic goal of 5 lbs, ok? I'm also hoping that the chaos that is my life will slow down so that I can be a better participant in the thread.

Wow, Gennel, I've never seen your before and after pictures before. Whoo hoo!!! baby...

Sherry

Last edited by Madcat; 01-27-2003 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:48 PM   #7  
Hardcore UFOs

I'm in! I'm in! I'm shooting for 12 pounds this time. I've got a LOT to lose, so it's coming off faster at this point. I'd love to get into the 250s... we'll see.

Good luck to everyone! We can do this!
Old 01-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #8  
determined chick!

Angry hi everyone

Welcome to all the newbies! Kina- congrats on the honor !! Gen- put me down for 5 lbs this time. I want to be more realistic with my goals. My doc's still checking me for what could have caused my seizure so my activity list is still really restricted right now. I realize it's going to be a little harder for me this time, but I gotta do it even if I have to learn to exercise a little easier than before. God willing I'll be back to the gym and work soon. Well congrats to all the losers. Take care. Di
Old 01-27-2003, 02:43 PM   #9  

Hello, it's so nice to read everyone's posts, I love coming here! I'm going to shoot for 6lbs this challenge. That seems very doable. This prossess is so rediculously slow sometimes! I am so frustrated with he pace. I'm going to have to slack up a bit for a couple of days as my knee is hurting and I think I'm getting mastitis (a breast infection, I'm nursing). I think I've been pushing too hard with the running. I only did 3 miles today aND I'm going to take tomorrow off. Hopefully I'l be ok by Wed. Did I mention hat my shoes are rubbing a blister on my foot? It's not going well here!! Cheers to our new challenge and have a great one guys, TTFN,
Old 01-27-2003, 03:02 PM   #10  

Hi everyone!

I'll be glad to do another challenge, but I will set my goal for February 27 at 4 lbs which would put me at 140. I am in a stage where the loss is very slow but I did lose 14 lbs between early November and Christmas, so maybe my body just needs a rest at this weight! Will carry on with the usual fitness & healthy eating of course!

Lidian

178/144/135
Old 01-27-2003, 03:17 PM   #11  

I am in on this one too. I had a loss of 8 lbs for the last one so I am aiming for 4 lbs for this one. I know it isn't alot but I am slowing down with the weight loss. I am going to take it slow for this one.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:42 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default I am in a hurry...

Hi. I just adopted another Keeshond from the animal shelter today so I am in a hurry. I will try to catch up on everyone later tonight after things calm down a bit.Maybe I will post a pic of my newest baby. LOL

Gen put me down for another 8 pounds. I am so excited because I should be in the 150's by the end of this month. WOOHOO!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 03:46 PM   #13  

I'm going to shoot for 6lbs this month, that will complete my goal of losing 10 by March. (By the way Gen, I lost 4 during the last challenge, not 2.)
I have a bad feeling about today though. It's kind of a blah day....I will try to go jogging later.
Laney, have you ever tried Thor-lo socks? They are awesome. I have never gotten a blister wearing them and I have finished a few marathons back when I had the time for all that training. They are a little pricey but they are well worth it.
Well I hope to stay away from chocolate today. It's going to be tough.
Oh, by the way, my son was invited to a birthday party at a rock climbing gym and I got to climb aroud a little bit too. It's a great upper body work out. I used muscles I forgot I had. I'm thinking maybe I could try this once a week or so, especially since it's a kid friendly place too. It was fun!!
Old 01-27-2003, 04:57 PM   #14  

Nice to see you all back for the next challenge. Hi to all the new people too!

I am going for a goal of 5lbs for this next challenge. I lost 4lbs last challenge so I think if I push myself it is do-able.

I am keeping a food journal now so hopefully that will give me more accountability and keep me away from the chocolate.
Good Luck everyone!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:16 PM   #15  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Wow! I thought this was a new thread...you busy bees!

Gennel put me down for 5 lbs.

Talk to you all later...I have a list of to do's.
Kina
Closed Thread