Old 09-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143/125/115

Height: 5'2

Default Losing motivation; I need a pep talk.. :(

Hi guys! I'm on my last 23 pounds... and well; let's just say the last two weeks of starting Ideal Protein has been a two weeks full of cravings, nausea, headaches, and fatigue. I can't even bring myself to eat 4 cups of veggies today, because the taste of them make me so nauseous. I am losing sight of my goals! Urgh, I wanna be able to eat all my favorite foods. >< I need some encouragement, or something to be able to see the light at the end of the road.
xjennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjennyd View Post
Hi guys! I'm on my last 23 pounds... and well; let's just say the last two weeks of starting Ideal Protein has been a two weeks full of cravings, nausea, headaches, and fatigue. I can't even bring myself to eat 4 cups of veggies today, because the taste of them make me so nauseous. I am losing sight of my goals! Urgh, I wanna be able to eat all my favorite foods. >< I need some encouragement, or something to be able to see the light at the end of the road.
Are you making sure you are following the program to a T? Missing supplements or not drinking enough water can have you feeling yucky like you listed above. Try the recipes, there are a bunch that might calm some of the cravings. Are you eating restricteds? If so how often?

Don't give up, it's the worse thing you can do. Remember the quote, Don't give up what you want most for what you want now!!
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #3  

I only eat one restricted a day, and I've been really slacking on water. =\ I try really hard but I hate watching other people eat in front of me, especially if it's super yummy!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I don't mean to be negative by no means but it sounds to me like you are not ready to lose the weight you need or want too. Watching people eat super yummy foods is something you will have to get used too, remember this is a lifestyle change. Those super yummy foods is what got you to where you are today. You had mentioned in another thread that you really miss eating your favorite foods, those again are probably some of the things that got you to where you are today. I miss a lot of the foods I used to eat but I also realized that those foods are not good for me and got me to where I am now or should I say was.

Try adding more sea salt to your diet if you are feeling fatigued or have a headache maybe your body needs more salt.

If you truly want to get to your goal you will have to come to terms that eating those veggies will help you get there. Your water is VERY important, you MUST drink at least the 64ozs in a day. You CAN do this if you really want too, you have already lost 23lbs. That in itself should be enough motivation! Stay strong!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I only eat one restricted a day, and I've been really slacking on water. =\ I try really hard but I hate watching other people eat in front of me, especially if it's super yummy!
Try cutting out the retricteds for a week or two. See if it helps with the cravings. Water is key so get a water bottle and track how many cups you are drinking, aim for 100 ounces. It really does help lose quicker too! If you can find it Mio is a good water add on that is free on this program. There are some others too just make sure they are flavored with Splenda or Stevia/Truvia. I agree about seeing other people eat in front of you. The worst is cake and pizza. Sigh! I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow and that's what will be there. BUT I also know that I'm going there 24 lbs(maybe more) lighter than a in July! So that just makes it all worth it!
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #6  
Doing it my way!

S/C/G: 199/176/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I'm feeling the same! I had been going strong since March. Seems the last couple of months its really an effort to prepare/eat healthier meals. It's not that I am craving my favorite foods, because I had one day a week where I could ate what I liked. Just that I am losing my will to put in the effort. I only have 17 more pounds to go. I guess I can start by drinking my water the way I had been doing, I noticed that I have slacked off on that too as I will drinking it before like there was no tomorrow. I know I can do it, and so can you, it's just a matter of staying motivated, we have to stay motivated. I will do what I was doing before, and that is take out an old pair of pants that are now too big for me, put them on, and reflect on where I was, and where I am now. Maybe you can do the same. There is light at the end of the tunnel! We have to stay focused and be proud of the success that we have had thus far.

Steph
StephT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #7  

Thank you so much guys!

Steph, you're awesome. I wish you the best. You can do it, and I'm gonna try my best too.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/154/135

Height: 5ft 1

My coach actually said if we were having really bad cravings, go ahead OCCASIONALLY and have one teaspoon of the item you are desiring. That usually satisfies your craving and desire to test the yummy item.
SVermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #9  

Oh wow, did it hinder your weight loss at all?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #10  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVermonter View Post
My coach actually said if we were having really bad cravings, go ahead OCCASIONALLY and have one teaspoon of the item you are desiring. That usually satisfies your craving and desire to test the yummy item.
I would think that would set you up for failiure... because you will go from having a teaspoon to having a cup.. and so on..

Last edited by JellyMae87; 09-04-2011 at 03:30 PM.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I would think that would set you up for failiure... because you will go from having a teaspoon to having a cup.. and so on..
Exactly what I was thinking but didn't say it....ha
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #12  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I'd never be able to have one teaspoon of anything. Actually one of the things that is keeping me so good in the face of everyone having yummy stuff all around me this weekend is knowing that if I give in and go off ketosis I will be dealing with cravings.

To be honest, I haven't really been struggling. I have had no cravings or hunger so I haven't really been very tempted.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/154/135

Height: 5ft 1

Having the one teaspoon has not hindered my weight loss at all, and many times was all I needed to feel fulfilled and get me over being "sick" of this diet. I dont know if I could of lasted without this.
SVermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #14  

What exactly leads to being off of ketsosis?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Being on any weight loss or life change program is not easy..but you have to want it..you have only been on a few weeks..so you have to ask yourself why you started to begin with and tell yourself for 6 weeks you can do anything...after that 6 weeks look at yourself honestly and see what progress you've made..then if your happy go another 6 weeks..
This is not about cheating or having a spoonful..thats what got us here to begin with..to be successful you have to stay on program and not look for ways to cheat but to succeed..
Good luck...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote