Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #1  

Default New at Forums, but need help staying motivated

I'm hoping this helps me stay motivated so I can lose 30 pounds.

I started honestly trying on the 31st. I have actually somehow lost 4 pounds so far, but I am sure I will gain it all back this weekend.

Good Luck to everyone!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Sara
sarawg333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

It's not uncommon to lose a big chunk of weight when you first get started, so don't think you'll gain it back. Just stay focused, and you'll keep losing!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

There are a lot of ways to stay motivated. When I first got started, I loved looking at the goal stories and pictures on the goal forum. Seeing how much those women have lost really helped me to keep going. I also found motivation by telling my husband, mother, and best friend about my goals. I text them every weigh-in (every Friday morning) with how much I've lost and what my current weight is. That keeps me motivated because I don't want to report a gain to them.

I've been working at this since the beginning of July, hardcore since the end of July. Now that I'm in the thick of it, I can find motivation within myself. All I have to do is look in the mirror, see how much more tone and defined my body looks, and that's it! I'm off to the gym! Or I think of how exciting it is to see a 2 pound loss on the scale, and it's easy for me to avoid high calorie meals.

It gets easier as you go, but at the beginning, 3FC definitely helped me. Just reading everyone's daily struggles - and being able to relate to them - helped me a lot.

Good luck to you!
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I'm new here too.
Losing a lot in the beginning is very common, it's usually water weight. But that doesn't mean you'll gain it back! Just keep at it, you're doing great so far.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/156/125

Height: 5' 4"

I am on a journey to lose 30 pounds too Sara. I am also new here... I am disgusted with how I really comforted my emotions with food. My journey starts Monday and I will post frequently to motivate myself and hopefully motive others. Thank you all for this wonderful site and for supporting healthy lifestyles. - Aidan.
AidanThirty is offline   Reply With Quote