Old 09-02-2011, 03:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Weekend Chat 9/2/11 - 9/5/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all....I WI today and have my 'weigh-in day' routine going.
First, I don't eat or drink anything until I weigh in and second, I wear almost the same outfit from week to week.

Right now I am really thirsty but I don't want to have an water weight showing up on the scale.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Good Luck Stolaf!

Yesterday was rough. Lots of stress at work and lots of heat and humidity outside. And I was hungry and lethargic all day. I finally ate my 2nd packet at 3 PM and then decided I didn't need a fourth packet, I would just eat veggies at dinner. I was falling asleep reading yesterday's posts by 7 PM, and they were very motivating. Thanks all!

Looking forward to the long weekend. Planning to remain OP. Trying to have less red meat this week - but do have an excursion to Johnny Carinos planned. I know I've had steak there, but hopefully they have salmon or something on the menu too.

Remain strong!

Last edited by JoLoMN; 09-02-2011 at 07:30 PM.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks Carla for starting the daily thread.

I'm hope today since daycare is closed for training. My son is turning 4 on Monday, and I am about to begin the construction of the "Dinosaur Train" cake. I will have to post a link to pictures when I am done. The nice thing about constructing fondant cakes is that they are so much work, you really don't feel like eating it when you're done.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #5  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everybody

I have the hugest smile on my face today because of my NSV yesterday ! I want to shout it over the roof so everybody would know and yes, I already posted it on my facebook page here is the story:

Yesterday, as all my clothes are getting loose on me, even my tops, I decided to go buy some shirts, luckily, I still have old good classical pants from about 6 years ago that I am using now, but nothing for my tops, so as I went to the mall and got my eyes on these nice work shirts, I looked into them and they were 1x to 3XL, so I looked at the 2XL first and thought, yeah, maybe this one would fit, but then my mom said, no it looks big, and I was chocked ! Really !!! ok then, let me try the 1XL thinking it would never fit... funny how we don't really see ourselves well... Anyway... I took the 1xl shirt and tried it, and surprise surprise... I could not buy it because it was too big on me ! I mean are you kidding me???? Me not buying a shirt because it is too BIG??? hein ??? since when?? I always, I mean ALWAYS bought clothes just because I can fit in them not because I particularly like them and here I am with a shirt I liked and it was too big!!!

OH MY GOD! I guess it is true what they say: nothing feels as good as being thin (or something like that lol

I really hope you all would have a great long weekend.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
First, I don't eat or drink anything until I weigh in and second, I wear almost the same outfit from week to week.

Right now I am really thirsty but I don't want to have an water weight showing up on the scale.
Thats funny I do the same thing..but I do have a piece of Ice if I need one to suck on..and I wore the same outfit until it got to big and then I got the same outfit smaller...Good luck this morning...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everybody

I have the hugest smile on my face today because of my NSV yesterday ! I want to shout it over the roof so everybody would know and yes, I already posted it on my facebook page here is the story:

Yesterday, as all my clothes are getting loose on me, even my tops, I decided to go buy some shirts, luckily, I still have old good classical pants from about 6 years ago that I am using now, but nothing for my tops, so as I went to the mall and got my eyes on these nice work shirts, I looked into them and they were 1x to 3XL, so I looked at the 2XL first and thought, yeah, maybe this one would fit, but then my mom said, no it looks big, and I was chocked ! Really !!! ok then, let me try the 1XL thinking it would never fit... funny how we don't really see ourselves well... Anyway... I took the 1xl shirt and tried it, and surprise surprise... I could not buy it because it was too big on me ! I mean are you kidding me???? Me not buying a shirt because it is too BIG??? hein ??? since when?? I always, I mean ALWAYS bought clothes just because I can fit in them not because I particularly like them and here I am with a shirt I liked and it was too big!!!

OH MY GOD! I guess it is true what they say: nothing feels as good as being thin (or something like that lol

I'm so very very excited for you...and your right" nothing taste as good as thin feels"
Keep up the good work...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #8  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

That's so great Sandra!! What a great NSV! Our image of ourselves does tend to be very skewed!!

Stolaf would do the same thing I could but my weigh ins are always at 1:00 because I have to go during lunch hour. So I have my shake in the morning drink no water all morning wear my lightest dress clothes and starve to death before my weigh in!! I also take all my jewelry off and use the restroom right before I walk in!! Ridiculous!! I'm always at least 2 pounds heavier on their scale so I technically use mine

I had the nonrestricted pancakes for breakfast finally! I got some crispy cereal. They were good with WF syrup!! I have to say the texture was a little weird to me but it may be because I haven't eaten anything "bread like" in 6 weeks!!! I am glad to have an occasional alternative to a shake though and have it be nonrestricted!!
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

GM IPers,here's to everyone having an awesome OP week-end!!
sheenasg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning everybody

Congrats" What i great feeling!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post

You are so lucky you can go in the mornings. I am sure I'm a lot thinner in the AM before all the veggies and water. At least my weigh in times are consistent.
Gooood Luck!!!!!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #12  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Good morning everybody

That is so exciting about clothes being too big for you! Wonderful! I am sure you will enjoy shopping more from now on.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #13  
Maile

Good morning. I am glad to read that others do the same thing on WI day! I had to change from morning to afternoon which of course made it difficult for the first PM WI. I also wear the same clothes, take off jewelry and watch the water!
Well..I call it another successful Ideal Protein Social Encounter. Some very good friends invited themselves over after dinner and brought pizza. Everyone had pizza and wine. I sipped water. I am getting better at doing this and not feeling sorry for myself. I really was Ok with talking and enjoying them without food. Fortunately it was not one of my favorite pizzas..LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All,

Great NSV's already today. I have a question. I found out last night I won't be able to make my WI today and because of the Holiday the clinic is closed until tuesday. I have alternative product that I can use, but my question is, will they "kick" me out of the program for not buying food for 1 week? Thanks in advance. I won't be back on-line until either very late tonight or tomorrow. Have a great day and for those traveling "be safe".
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #15  
Maile

SOCCERMOM: If you have time, it helps to whip the egg whites with the baking powder and extract..even if you just do it with a fork. Then add the packet. I also add a tiny bit of h20. It is nice that they are unrestricted!!!!!