Announcements and Forum Help! - Script error

View Full Version : Script error

Natasha1534
09-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Anybody else getting a message that a script has stopped running when trying to load pages??? I got it when I clicked "go advanced" on my August Exercise Challenge post in the SBD forum and again when I tried to go to the 300+ forum. This site is the ONLY one giving me errors, so it doesn't seem to be on my end.

***EDIT*** On a side note, it locks up my entire computer when this happens. Not just the internet...I was at work and it locked up my CAD system as well.

Loli
09-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Yep. I'm getting the error too.

April Snow
09-01-2011, 11:45 PM
yes, me too. but it only seems to be happening at work on IE, not at home where I use Firefox (unfortunately, we can't install a new browser and I don't think it will go over too well if my "business necessity" is that I need to be able to read 3FC! lol!)

GettinFit
09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
This has been happening to me too!

djs06
09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
It works on 2 out of 3 computers I use- the third is the only one I use IE on- so that might be what it is.

pamatga
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Me too! I was cussin out my computer since this is as old as dirt but now I know it is others. That makes me feel good :flow1: sort of:?:

Suzanne 3FC
09-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm not experiencing any errors. I'm using Firefox on a Mac.

I see that two of you mentioned it only happens when using IE. Are the rest of you using IE or do you also experience it on other browsers?

Also, did you happen to notice if the same ad appears when this happens? Sometimes it can be narrowed down to bad ad code.

Let's get as much info as we can and we'll pass it to tech :)

OnaMi
09-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Ok let me see if i can explain this :D My nephew helped me cause that's that was happening to me on JUST this site also.
There is a compatibility button,next to the refresh button up at the top of the page.I had clicked that once by mistake and he said that's what was causing that "script" message to keep coming up.Once i clicked the compatibility bottom off..I haven't had any problems.

jomatho
09-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I was having script errors constantly on this site only the last few days too, very frustrating! Thank you Onami, the compatability button clicked off seems to have fixed my problem. Strange that we all just happen to have clicked that button on recently? I was ready to throw in the 3FC towel (yeah right, who am I kidding?)

Stepping Out
09-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I wasn't even able to access 3 FC! The "script error" prompt would come up, and the screen would freeze. One of your sidebar ads must be triggering the problem. I tried the "compatibility view" feature, and it doesn't work :mad:

Suzanne 3FC
09-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm very sorry that this problem is persisting. I've passed it on to the higher-ups to take a look at. It is the holiday weekend so I doubt we'll hear anything right away, but rest assured that it will be looked at.

April Snow
09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I have the issue using an old version of IE that doesn't even have the compatibility button, so it does seem like it's something else going on.

Thanks Suzanne for getting the tech people to look into it!

michigangirl
09-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Good morning to all, I also have had this issue with this site and I have not clicked on the combatibility button. My screen froze on me several times before I was able to get this far in my visit. Linda

TooManyDimples
09-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Never mind. =)

jomatho
09-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I posted yesterday that the compatibility button unclicked helped with not getting script error messages, but I am still having loading issues, screen freezes and I have to reload or restart. It is only happening on this site and not all the time, which leads me to believe it is an ad issue. I am using IE 8 and have been having the issue since about Thursday or Friday. Sometimes I too am unable to even get on the site, but I persist because I am addicted to this site and eventually am able to get in. I have heard that those using Firefox are not having issues but don't want to change my browser, but that may help others.

Suzanne 3FC
09-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I think the IE compatibility button only helped temporarily.

I know everyone must make the choices that are best for them, and in some cases the choice is made for them such as those that access us from work. But if you have a choice and are open to the idea, using a browser such as Firefox is a great option.

Firefox doesn't REPLACE IE so you can still use IE any time you want. It's just an additional browser you can choose to use when you want. It's much faster, safer, and more efficient than IE so most people that try it stick with it.

Google Chrome is also good.

Suzanne 3FC
09-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Before posting: Since this does appear to be an Internet Explorer issue, it would probably help tech pin it down if everyone could tell us which version of IE you have.

Also, if possible, please let us know which ad banners appear on the page when this problem happens in case it can be tracked down to a bad ad. Since the problem seems to have started on Sept 1, it's possible it could be a new ad campaign causing this problem.

Thanks!!

jendiet
09-06-2011, 04:06 AM
i have IE 8 and I am getting a script error message.

April Snow
09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm running IE 7 on a Windows XP Professional platform.

One of the ads that just locked it up was for Invisalign

Stepping Out
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm running IE 8 on a Windows 7 system. I noticed an ad for Invisalign right before my computer froze up.

Watkat
09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Me too. IE. Can't be on the site longer than 5 minutes and I get the script error message.

EZMONEY
09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I have IE and for the last few days 3FC has been a real problem....pages freezing up...and jumping around when I click on them....not real familiar with what is going on.

Not happening on anything else I go to.....

Suzanne 3FC
09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Before posting: Since this does appear to be an Internet Explorer issue, it would probably help tech pin it down if everyone could tell us which version of IE you have.

Also, if possible, please let us know which ad banners appear on the page when this problem happens in case it can be tracked down to a bad ad. Since the problem seems to have started on Sept 1, it's possible it could be a new ad campaign causing this problem.

Thanks!!

IBobi
09-07-2011, 07:05 PM
OK look slike we have a pretty clear IE issue... so far I see reports on version 7 and 8. Anything else?

And: is anyone seeing this error NOT using IE?

Paul

djs06
09-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm using version 8. This time I got a slow script error message. At the time, Fiber Choice was in the ad banner.

PghGal
09-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I have the same issue when I'm at the office (unfortunately, we have to use IE). We have IE 7. I didn't notice the banner because my screen didn't load the whole way ... it causes my comp to freeze up every time.

I use mozilla firefox at home and never have any issues with it.

sheramama
09-07-2011, 11:51 PM
It keeps happening to me for the passt week or so...Invisilign and intergrative nutrition are the banners this time....it's usually invisilign. IE 7

EZMONEY
09-08-2011, 12:17 AM
IE 8 here

Natasha1534
09-08-2011, 01:27 AM
When it happened to me it was at work and, as several of you mentioned, IE is my only choice there. At home I only use Firefox and, for what it's worth, I'm having no problems w/ the site from home. ;) Not sure what version of IE we have at work...and I don't know what the ads were either. If it happens again, I'll pay attention to the ad and let you know. ;) Thanks for having everyone look into.

Satine
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
IE 7 here ....I usually don't see any add, I just get a message stating that " a script that is trying to run is causing errors", and then locks this page up for me

pamatga
09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I am using IE8 and I will get a pop up box that asks if I want to continue to use this script as it is causing IE to perform slowly then freezes up and I have to reboot my computer entirely. No ads were showing at the time.

OnaMi
09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
It seems to only happen when the Invisalign ad is showing on my Computer.Was able to use this site all day w/o seeing the error message and just now,the Invisalign ad shows up and the script error re-appears.

mhill0823
09-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Mine keeps progressively getting worse:(

ShoeCrazy
09-12-2011, 08:04 PM
It didnít happen all weekend, but it has happened twice tonight. I get a box that says:

Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

In the box, it gives me an option to click YES or NO. Even if I click yes, my computer locks up. I end having to go to Task Manager to end the program.

Fluffy in Florida
09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I get this error too. I do only get it in IE (work mandates IE even though IT knows it's crap) :( I don't get it on Firefox at home...go figure a good browser doesn't keep giving me crappy errors. :D

EZMONEY
09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Most of last night, as I tried to get on from time to time, the 3FC page just kept freezing up...again...

then at the bottom it says IE Explorer is trying to locate the page...3FC is not responding....same as before....this happens a lot....

not a problem on anything else...FB...ESPN...not one other site for me.

bargoo
09-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Most of last night, as I tried to get on from time to time, the 3FC page just kept freezing up...again...

then at the bottom it says IE Explorer is trying to locate the page...#FC is not responding....same as before....this happens a lot....

not a problem on anything else...FB...ESPN...not one other site for me.

Same problem here.

kateleestar
09-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Yep, me too. But mine just started doing it this week.. Maybe Monday afternoon?

Help! :lol:

pamatga
09-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I switched to Mozilla firefox and I have even gotten that on another weight lose site with MF. I am wondering if this could be some kind of hacker trying to get into some people's computers or some tracking cookies from advertisers? I saw that Suzanne, the 3FC administrator was on here making some inqueries last week but has anyone found out any more?

bargoo
09-22-2011, 01:00 PM
So I downloaded Firefox. Still having the problem .

IBobi
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi all -- is anyone still reporting this issue?

Stepping Out
12-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes. I'm using IE 8, and I still get "script error" messages and the occasional frozen screen.

popspry
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Just had this issue - firefox on a mac

Riddy
12-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, suddenly I'm getting the script error again, too.

DrivenByAmbition
12-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I had this issue yesterday in firefox. Copy and pasted url to IE and it worked. I think it has something to do with the ads.

Violet73
12-07-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm having this error pop up when I come here. It doesn't happen with any other site I'm on. It doesn't run slower though when I click on it. This happened a while back too.

EmilyLarnder
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
yes, i get this error too... Only on Internet Explorer. When I use Safari or Firefox, I do not have this problem.

MiVidaLoca23
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Anybody else getting a message that a script has stopped running when trying to load pages??? I got it when I clicked "go advanced" on my August Exercise Challenge post in the SBD forum and again when I tried to go to the 300+ forum. This site is the ONLY one giving me errors, so it doesn't seem to be on my end.

***EDIT*** On a side note, it locks up my entire computer when this happens. Not just the internet...I was at work and it locked up my CAD system as well.

My computer was doing the same thing.. it was very frustrating... I finally updated my IE and now it seems to be doing fine. Maybe you could try updating your browser? I also "Googled" how to fix this problem, and many solutions came up in my search... good luck, if you haven't already fixed it :)

tyla
12-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Having problems, too.

Ruthxxx
12-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I use Firefox exclusively and have no problems. Maybe worth a try?

Natasha1534
12-21-2011, 12:48 AM
I use Firefox exclusively and have no problems. Maybe worth a try?

I also use Firefox exclusively. Oh wait...no, at work I have to use IE. I can't remember if I was at work or at home when I had the issue.

jess1
12-21-2011, 12:23 PM
It happened to me yesterday, too, and I was using IE at work. It comes and goes... maybe tomorrow all will be better?

Amarantha2
12-22-2011, 03:01 AM
It has been happening to me for a few days. I do not desire to change my browser as this is only happening on 3FC and I don't like to run a lot of different browsers on one computer. This did happen here to me months ago and cleared up. It is not on my end. No worries, just sayin' ... :)

glynne
12-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I have had the problem from time to time, but not very often. But in the last few days, several times during a few minutes as I try over and over to use 3FC (:o sorry ~ I'm addicted ~ LOL). I have IE ~ not sure what version. Didn't know to pay attention to the adds, but this morning when I got the script error message ~ the add was for Migraine Centers of America.

Amarantha2
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks to everyone who shared about the recent problems. Lol, I always think it is only me if no one else is having a problem.

I have been stopping the script from running instantly and that seems to have cleared it up for now.

I also am addicted to 3FC, especially at this point in my journey, but I just want to use the browser I like, which is IE.

Amarantha2
12-22-2011, 08:35 PM
You know, you are right. If that ad is not there on the right, that is when either the script error occurs or the screen locks on the site. Thanks!!! :)

Re the add-ons. I am afraid to try that as I really need all those add-ons and probably would mess up the computer trying to do that. Thanks for posting it, though. Might be an option.

FrouFrou
12-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Glad to know I am not the only one!

Amarantha2
12-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks, 19Deltawifey! I'll try it!

FrouFrou, I'm glad I'm not the only one, too!

JOLINA
12-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I am not too computer savvy. But I did upgrade my browser.
And it took me about 3 hours to figure it all out.
That did not help at all. I get more script errors now.

Doing the add-ons, then undoing them is just too much for me.

I am looking for another diet site without so many ads, where I won't have the problems. It's too bad I have these problems, as I really like this site.
But I am just too frustrated to continue anymore.

Amarantha2
12-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Hmmm. I found some advice on microsoft.com to click "no" when script errors happen on IE. I had been clicking "yes" to stop it from running, but all that happens is it stalls the 3FC page and I can't shut it down and so I have to completely shut down my computer.

So just now I clicked "no" when the error popped up (it has been continuous for about a week) and the page stopped its stalling act.

I'll browse some more and try it again when it pops up.

I really love this site, wish this would stop happening.

Amarantha2
12-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Woot! That seems to work. I've been on here a few minutes and moved about the site and posted and nearly every time I click to open a thread the script thingie pops up and I click "no" and in a second the page stops trying to lock and becomes responsive.

I hope this is the answer for moi! :)

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all who celebrate!

EZMONEY
12-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Woot! That seems to work. I've been on here a few minutes and moved about the site and posted and nearly every time I click to open a thread the script thingie pops up and I click "no" and in a second the page stops trying to lock and becomes responsive.

I hope this is the answer for moi! :)

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all who celebrate!

Thank you...I hope that works for me...I have had nothing but trouble here for the last few days...once again!

Amarantha2
12-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I've been on twice this morning just lurking and no script error window! I don't know if that is related to what I did yesterday but I am going to continue doing that.

Amarantha2
12-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks Carly! I will try that. I am totally sure the problem is on this site, maybe coming from just one ad. Can't say.

I logged on awhile ago and it popped up and I clicked no but it kept popping up over and over and I kept clicking no, over and over. It did not lock the screen though but it would not stop.

I will find somewhere to report this because maybe the thread hasn't been seen with the holiday and a lot of us are being affected. Maybe there is an easy solution that we don't know about.

Violet73
12-26-2011, 03:03 PM
It's becoming really annoying and it's actually making me not come to this site as often. Every time I click on something new on this site I get the script error. This does not happen on any other site. Can the moderators not fix this? I don't want to have to use Firefox just for this site as Firefox slows down my computer for some reason. ugh...

sportmom
12-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Using Chrome and I get the same. Info box says: "Waiting for ib.adnxs" so I think it's ad related. Am getting the United Mileage Plus/Facebook ad each time.

juliana77
12-26-2011, 11:14 PM
It keeps crashing Safari on iPhone/iPad for me. Very frustrating, I hope the bad ad gets sent to time-out :)

EZMONEY
12-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Hope to stay on long enough to say I have crashed here at least 5 times today...

really really sucks!

3rd or 4th day in a row for trouble

dgramie
12-27-2011, 12:06 AM
im using chrome and having the same issue. I even got a different computer and having issues as well.

sportmom
12-27-2011, 12:32 AM
i timed it and am getting 2 mins to load between pages, even when choosing the avatars pages in the user cp. getting cache messages with adnet, double-click and other rotating messages during that 2 mins. I'm starting to remember maybe why I stopped coming about 2 years ago now! This is really BAD! Every page load, every time :(

patchworkpenguin
12-27-2011, 12:33 AM
I've had this trouble for a few months now. I don't get the script error, my computer just freezes, but I do get a window that tells me that '3 Fat Chicks isn't responding'. It only happens on Chicks. The text usually loads quickly, so I believe its the animated ads, usually the ones on the right of the screen.

osaunt
12-27-2011, 01:03 AM
I been having the same issue for ~a month and it's sooooo frustrating. I have a mac running Safari, I hope they sort out the problem soon.

GettinFit
12-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm still having the "script error" issue too. It happens on my home computer and work computer. It's so frustrating. I hope it goes away soon:(

ceejay52
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm having problems with the ad's. They take to long to load.

Ruthxxx
12-27-2011, 06:16 PM
This problem has once again been referred to the techs. Remember that the 3FC MODs and ADMINS no longer have complete control over this site but we do (and have) referred this problem to Internet Brands.

patchworkpenguin
12-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Ruth, Thanks for letting us know that the situation is being looked into.

Amarantha2
12-27-2011, 09:53 PM
EDITED: After I posted, I saw your post, Ruth! Thanks!

EZMONEY
12-27-2011, 11:04 PM
big problems for me tonight here

JoJoJo2
12-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't get the script error message, but my computer freezes up whenever I visit 3fc.

I think it is best that I just stay away - :wave:

Violet73
12-28-2011, 01:19 AM
This problem has once again been referred to the techs. Remember that the 3FC MODs and ADMINS no longer have complete control over this site but we do (and have) referred this problem to Internet Brands.

Internet Brands? :?: The mods don't have complete control? Are we at risk of getting viruses on our computers now?

mandalinn82
12-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Violet - Internet Brands, a company which owns a large number of forums and websites, including FitDay, CarsDirect, ApartmentRatings.com, and others, owns 3FC and has for some time. The moderators and admins still manage the boards on a day to day basis, keep the spam out, etc. Again, this change isn't new, and likely, the forum is somewhat safer from viruses now that the infrastructure is managed by a larger organization.

Violet73
12-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Violet - Internet Brands, a company which owns a large number of forums and websites, including FitDay, CarsDirect, ApartmentRatings.com, and others, owns 3FC and has for some time. The moderators and admins still manage the boards on a day to day basis, keep the spam out, etc. Again, this change isn't new, and likely, the forum is somewhat safer from viruses now that the infrastructure is managed by a larger organization.

ok, that's good to know! thanks! I just hope they get the problem fixed. I don't have the script error or have problems with my computer slowing down on any other site. I think the script error just started about a month ago.

Sheila53
12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Another person with the script error. I tried the add-on trick, but it's still giving me errors. At least it's not freezing up as much as it was. I do hope the company fixes it sooner rather than later (although it's been going on for a while now). If there is anything we can do to put pressure on Internet Brands, please let us know.

Suzanne 3FC
12-28-2011, 08:46 PM
I haven't heard anything from tech, but I would like to toss out another vote for Firefox :)

I know some people are resistant to use a different browser. And based on some private conversations with a few members, it seems that there's some confusion about using a different browser for the first time.

Firefox will not replace IE so you don't have to give anything up. It is an alternate browser you can choose to launch from time to time as you wish. Most people simply choose never to go back to IE, though, once they realize that their entire internet browsing experience is faster, more efficient, safer, and error free.

Internet Explorer is notoriously buggy, so sometimes the script errors are not actually errors in coding, but simply design flaws in IE. I'm not suggesting that is what is happening today, as I don't have a clue what is causing the problem. I don't even experience it because I use Firefox :)

www.firefox.com

Sheila53
12-28-2011, 09:34 PM
I sent a note to Internet Brands. The reply (actually there were two replies) sounded as if they didn't realize there's an issue. One response said "We are currently investigating the issue and will fix it immediately." I can tell that hasn't happened, but it was nice of them to reply. I've been a member of 3FC for almost a decade and shouldn't have to change my browser to view a website. I've designed websites--a website should be accessible to all browsers.

glynne
12-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I was resistent about using another browser, but missed being able to interact with my group of friends. Several of them were using Firefox and helped others of us know how to get it/use it. So, with their help and the help of my DH, I now have added Firefox and am once again able to enjoy 3FC. I still use IE for all the other stuff, as I am used to it, but sure am glad to be able to come here once more and I don't miss the frustration I was having.

Violet73
12-29-2011, 01:30 AM
I sent a note to Internet Brands. The reply (actually there were two replies) sounded as if they didn't realize there's an issue. One response said "We are currently investigating the issue and will fix it immediately." I can tell that hasn't happened, but it was nice of them to reply. I've been a member of 3FC for almost a decade and shouldn't have to change my browser to view a website. I've designed websites--a website should be accessible to all browsers.

Especially one this size.

dgramie
12-29-2011, 01:29 PM
hvent had any issues today using google chrome on this site. I am thrilled to be able to post here again!!

IBobi
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Our techs have indeed been trying to replicate this issue with limited success... if you can update us as to the current status of the IE issue, we'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Paul

mandalinn82
12-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Paul,

I was able to replicate in IE only, both last night and this morning. I use Firefox normally, but wanted to try to do some troubleshooting.

Sometimes when I loaded a page, not every time, the ad on the side bar would fail to load. When that occurred, invariably, I'd get the same script error. Because the ad didn't load, I can't point you to which ad it was, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that it WAS an ad causing the issue.

I can browse for an hour without hitting the problem, with ads loading just fine, then start hitting it every time I navigate to another page (which is also consistent with an ad-based problem - I'll see the same 5 ads for a time period while looking around the boards, then switch to another set).

I also wonder if this ad is in and out of 3FCs rotation, as the problem (and posts in this thread) seemed to spike in Sept and then again in Dec. I didn't see many reports of this issue Oct-Nov, so maybe the ad in question wasn't being rotated in, or we've hit another ad with the same error.

EZMONEY
12-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Angie added Firefox today for me to see if that changes things....

so far so good.

patchworkpenguin
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I have noticed that the problems come and go in cycles. Some days its fine, slower than everywhere else I visit on a regular basis, but other days its a challenge just to get on at all. I seem to have the most problems when the top ad is Blue Cross/Blue Shield. When I see that one appear I just give up. I feel the problem is the most animated ads, also, the ones that keep changing even after the text is loaded.

sportmom
12-29-2011, 08:39 PM
It had been behaving well during the day. I see problems occur from about 3 pm eastern thru midnite. NEver in the mornings or daytime. It started up again today as I was trying to post a quick reply. Lost my reply :( Was on the I'm New Here post, in case that matters.

Steph7409
12-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I downloaded Firefox - works like a charm. Everything loads quickly.

Natasha1534
12-30-2011, 05:48 AM
I only have the problem at work when I am using IE. If I had the option to use Firefox there, I would, as it is my preferred browser and has been for years.

Thanks for having it looked into. :)

Paint Lady
12-30-2011, 10:02 AM
The problem is definitely still occuring. Any luck figuring it out?

j-ann
12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I use the Safari browser. Don't get a script error but the browser freezes up for minutes at a time and it usually occurs associated with an ad not fully loading.

This morning it was working fine until I went to post something and wanted to go to the advanced posting screen from the quick post screen. Boom .... dead in the water.

This is getting old. It's been at least a month since this stuff started to occur.

Ruthxxx
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Believe me ... this problem has been reported to IB, our website owners. In the meantime, switching to Firefox seems to be the solution.

dgramie
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
mine seems to be working better with firefox.

sportmom
12-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Now with Chrome I'm getting the "Oh Snap!" errors. I know that's a Chrome thing, but it doesn't happen on any other site.

sportmom
12-30-2011, 08:53 PM
..........and so then even Chrome started TAUNTING me with hip, cool language, I decided it must be time to grow a long bushy tail and head over to Firefox. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sheila53
12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
I use IE and didn't have much trouble yesterday. Today I got the script error, but it didn't freeze up the browser to the point where I can't even close it (which it normally does).

Amarantha2
01-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Has been really bad the past week, could not even get on, box kept popping up, instantly locked computer!

I do not desire to switch to Foxfire, because IE is the more standard browser and works best for me.

But not meanin' to be cranky and Happy New Year to all! Woot!

ETA: Have been posting and reading the site, no problems! Woot again

patchworkpenguin
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm hesitent to post this because I don't want to jinx it:dizzy:, but Chicks has worked much better these past few days. Still loads very slowly, but I haven't had the 'stalling/locking' problems in the past few days. The last stalling problem was with a rightside ad for a new TV show called 'something of Lies" which just kept shifting pictues, but I haven't seen it since.

Amarantha2
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Popped back on to see if my luck holds. No box is popping up saying there is a script error and locking my computer.

I don't want to jinx it either.

I am still using IE and intend to continue doing so, so maybe the techs were able to fix that, bless them.

Woot!

Amarantha2
01-01-2012, 06:21 PM
It's back! Bye, lol!

EZMONEY
01-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Froze on IE this morning...went to Firefox and the freezing stopped.

Violet73
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
I haven't had the script error now in a couple of days so maybe it's gone :)

patchworkpenguin
01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
the weekend everything was fine but today it took me 8 stalls just to get the first page to load.

Mostly it was that dreaded top Blue Cross Blue Sheild ad again.

Tina
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
I still get the script error. I do not want to go to Firefox because I've been satisfied.
A friend gets frozen out - not even a script error.
Any time table on when this might be fixed?

Sheila53
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
And I've been able to get in today with no issues for the first time in a long time (using IE). Weird!!

Violet73
01-03-2012, 08:28 AM
It's back :(

Sheila53
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Agree with Violet73. It's back. So darn frustrating!!

patchworkpenguin
01-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Yesterday and today are pretty good, but I each morning I've had a stall both related to the Blue Cross Blue Sheild ads, whatever is on the right side of the screen never loads.

ddc
01-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I've been using google chrome the last couple of days and haven't had a problem. It's been a little slow at times, but no lock ups.
My IE has been locking up off and on. Really can no one figure this out???

glynne
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I finally started using the Firefox and have not had any trouble. I would rather have stayed with IE, but it was endless frustration, and I missed being able to come here too much.

IBobi
01-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I've reported this as ongoing to tech.

Thank you for your patience!

Paul

EZMONEY
01-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Froze on IE again for me tonight...

switched to Firefox and it's been fine.

sportmom
01-04-2012, 01:22 AM
FF has been fine. I've finally given up on IE when I noticed a bug in my BodyBugg application - food logging. Switched to FF to run the application and it worked perfectly. So yeah, IE is full of glitches, it's really not just this site. I think it may not be finely tuned or sophisticated enough to run some of the graphics. I know for sure it could not handle the meal entry on BodyBugg and kept hanging up on a previous meal even when I tried to move on to the next meal. So, if you have any other issues, even small, on other programs that you use, consider it may also be related to IE.

patchworkpenguin
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
So I got my Hubby to download Firefox. It does work faster but I have another problem now. I'm vision impaired so I can't read 'normal' print, and we can't figure out how to enlarge the print size like I can on IE.

Any suggestions???

glynne
01-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi Penguin ~ I had that trouble at first too ~ then my friend helped me to get the letters bigger ~ here is what she told me: two ways to make the print larger: you can go up to the top, click view, click zoom, and increase.... or you can hit the control (ctrl) button at the same time you hit the + button to increase.

I did the ctrl key and the + key and kept poking it until I got it as big as I wanted. Nice ~ and the size I chose kept that same every time I go back in ~ I didn't have to readjust every time. Hope this helps.

patchworkpenguin
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
We downloaded FF and it worked fine for 3 months but then this past week the computer started to slow again. Hubby checked and found that our WiFi card was slow {?} and installed another card in the USB. This really sped everything up including IE. The 'first unread' option by the thread titles works again on 3FC and its been a year+ since that worked.

My beef with FF is that it worked great on 3FC but was slower on the other forums/sites I frequent so I had FF for one site but used IE for everything else.

Hope this info helps someone else!

EZMONEY
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Same here Penguin

Amarantha2
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
For me the script error ended a couple of weeks ago, not sure of date. I was able to come back on 3FC (knock on wood) and post as usual, plus enjoy reading the forum. I don't post here every day but the site means a lot to me.

I didn't do anything. I have IE and like it and never even entertained changing to FF, which is just not a browser I would use for my purposes. I also do not use two browsers on one computer as for me it causes problems.

I only experienced the script error on this site and assume the owners fixed it and I thank them! But for me it had nothing to do with IE.

Huzzah, nice to have it working again! :)

Riddy
02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I got fed up with IE for constant locking up, and switched to Google Chrome last week. NO lockups, and NO script errors, either. ~~knock on wood~~