Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy dont know where to start!

Well im obviously new to this! Im currently 182lbs. and this is the biggest I've ever been. Even when I was pregnant I was only 170lbs! Before I wad pregnant I was 135-140 depending on the day. Well that was 3 years ago...my weight has been slowly slipping on me this past year. I was in a bad accident in April and in may I had to have surgery. Well since then I have gained 14lbs. On Tuesday my mom and I joined joined TOPS. I don't really even know where to start as far as exercising goes. Or what I should be doing. I have cut my diet down to 1500 a day but I know that wont do it alone. So I guess im just wondering if anyone has any tips to get me started. Thanks for reading!

Kari
fightingsiouxforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

Actually, cutting down your food intake will absolutely help you lose weight. It's the most important thing when it comes to taking off excess weight.

Not to discourage you from exercise, though. Because movement and activity is GREAT for our bodies.

How to start? Well. What can you see yourself doing? Taking walks? Climbing stairs? Adding in a few extra steps by parking further from the stores you frequent?

You don't have to start big. You can do anything, and then build up from there.

Some people like doing workout DVDs, because they're very convenient. Even saying to yourself "I'm going to workout 15 minutes a day, three days a week to start" and then DOING it is better than doing nothing. Then. The next month you raise the bar a little "20 minutes, four days a week". Or any combination that you're comfortable doing.

Best of wishes on your journey~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #3  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Hi Kari,

Welcome to the board! I don't really know anything about TOPS, but I hear it's a great program. I wish you much success with it. You will also get some great advice on these boards, so look around and maybe join a challenge to help stay motivated.

As for exercise, I absolutely love the Leslie Sansone walking dvds. I do the 3-mile walk ones 5 days a week, and I am starting to see my leg and arms tone up and my tummy getting flatter. Check them out on amazon.com. There are lots to choose from and you can read the reviews, plus they're a great price on there, too.

Best wishes to you!

Last edited by sandcar150; 09-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #4  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

I am a Dvd person myself... with 2 kido's at home it is all about convenience for me!! I personally LOVE insanity because it is total body conditioning. I have had great results so far and am only half way through the program. It is crazy hard though and not for everyone but it really works!
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #5  

I am right there with you. This morning I began my journey by taking a walk. I am just going to take it one day at a time and increase my exercise daily. Little things will add up!

Good luck to you!
heatherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/241/200

Height: 6' 1"

Hey Kari, welcome.

When I started several months ago, I simply decreased my food intake, lost weight. I really did not like exercise so did not do much until one day I just decided to go for a short walk , slow and oddly without any prompting I saw myself walking more, eventually doing things I have not done in decades.

Congratulations on taking the monumental first step . As it's been mentioned before just take it one day at a time.
jandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Thank you all for taking the time to reply! Ive been reading a lot of forums lately because I want to find a work out dvd that I can easily do by myself at home. Well I think my next endeavor will be buying Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've heard Nothing but good things about it and im kinda excited to get it!

I did somewhat of a "mini workout" yesterday. I went bow hunting with my step dad. Sounds simple right? Not at all! I had to walk over a mile thru a field to get to another field wearing my clunky hunting boots, carrying my bow, 2 five gallon buckets, and binoculars! I thought I was gonna die! But I know I had to have burned a few calories!! Haha. The walk back was a little easier but still rough! I get to do it all over again in a few hours so I should go prepare myself for another butt kicking! Hope everyone has a good labor day weekend!!
fightingsiouxforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/170/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Njm1013

I just started a Medifast diet today. 50 pounds to lose. I was looking for a recipe for a suitable salad dressing.
Njm1013 is offline   Reply With Quote