Exercise! - Personal Trainer Attachment

View Full Version : Personal Trainer Attachment

liliesinmycereal
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
My favorite personal trainer left my gym and I'm not sure if I'm going to like my gym as much. Have you ever had this happen? It's not even that I trained with him,.. I just talked to him every once in a while and analyzed how he trained other people so I could improve my own workout. It feels so weird. I can't talk to the other trainers the same way I talked to him because he seemed like he genuinely wanted to help people. I was even starting to consider having him as my actual personal trainer when I begin the maintenance phase so that I'd stay on a good path. It all happened so fast it was like the day before he left that I found out. :(

tuende
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I get that- I have a favorite instructor at my gym. She's just a bada$$ and the classes are so much more fun (and I work so much harder) when she's teaching! She was gone for a week and the subs were fine, but just...not the same :). She's not going anywhere- that I know of- but I'm moving in February and I feel like wherever I end up, no one's going to compare! I think it's natural to click with certain people, but I have to keep in mind that I'm the one putting in the work, I'm the one who has to commit to the workouts and I can take what I've learned from the awesome instructors and trainers at the gym and continue to do that wherever I end up!

liliesinmycereal
09-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah I did notice I worked out harder when he was around.. I need new motivation that will help keep my workouts strong.