Weight Loss Support - Could really use some motivation!

View Full Version : Could really use some motivation!

serendipity907
09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I've been away from here for a while, but I feel like now is a good time to return!

Since my teens I have had a rather dysfunctional relationship with food, I'm now 20 and have just finished a long stretch of counselling. I eat pretty healthy, but let myself have treats too.

My main gripe now is that whilst getting over my issues, I gained a fair bit of weight. I needed to gain a bit, but now I feel as though I'm getting too big.

I'm not really sure where to begin with losing weight now, I think calorie counting will be the way to go for me.

I typically want to eat something like this, it would be about 1500-1600 cals:

AM: Toast x1/cereal/yoghurt/fresh OJ/
Lunch: Sandwich/1 fruit/glass of milk/Chocolate bar
PM: Veggie burger (Without bun)/Heaps of green veg-broccoli and peas etc with a little l/f butter)/Cereal bar etc.

I currently eat around 2000 calories, so a little more than listed above but similar things.
I realise some people may suggest cutting various things from that (Chocolate :p) But I feel like it's important that I don't deprive myself. I'm not trying to be perfectly healthy, just reasonably.

I guess I'm looking for anyone in a similar situation, maybe someone looking to get back on track etc. I'm finding it somewhat hard to find motivation to lose weight since I finally feel like I don't *need* to diet, but my jeans are getting rather snug, and I'm feeling a little out of shape. I feel the healthiest I have done in years, but i think I will feel that much better if I slim down a little.

Rana
09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Do you exercise? If you're feeling out of shape, it's not only the weight, it might be lack of exercise too.

Also, you may want to consider to do some slight substitutions that still keep you full but are healthier for you and lower calorie.

I agree that you don't need to lose a lot of weight, maybe you just need to eat healthier and have a regular exercise/activity.