100 lb. Club - SEPTEMBER NSV's!

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER NSV's!

Sandi
09-01-2011, 09:14 AM
NSV's are Non Scale Victories! There are a million cool things that happen along the way that have nothing to do with the scale....what are yours?

Today I went shopping in my closet today and am wearing a brand new outfit!! :D

Sandi
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
*bump*

dini22
09-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Excellent Sandi! Closet shopping is the greatest! At least, on the way down. :)

It is official: The smallest size jeans at LB are too big. I've been hiking up these pants all day. Woo hoo!

PghGal
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I'll chime in.

Back in June, I purchased a shirt from "the LB" (Lord I cannot wait until I don't have to shop there anymore!) that was a little on the tight side. It's one of those shirts that shows your muffin-top even when you don't really have a true muffin-top (if that makes any sense to anyone else but me). Anyway, today I pulled it out of the closet and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's BAGGY!

After losing only 1 lb this week, it's a big-time NSV for me. :D

caramelkitty
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Looking in the mirror and thinking "hmm i look good" :)

MrsTee
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I love shopping in my closet !!!

I have had a range of probably 6 sizes in my wardrobe for years now, but now I've thrown a lot of 26s out - even though I like the clothes - I WILL NOT BE THAT PERSON AGAIN.

I wore what I called my "try on" pants yesterday, pants that 4 months ago did not ( and I mean DID NOT) do up, only barely shimmyed up my legs, and they fit beautifully, not a pull or a tug anywhere, buttons and zxippers slide up, no bulging or straining, and the side pockets are loose and comfy. AND with them I wore a shirt I bought ages ago a size 24 but a small (made in China) size, that did not go anywhere near doing up.

A great feeling to start September with.

Looking forward to some more at the end of the month...there's a nice business suit somewhere in there.......hmmmm.....

GonnaTurnHeads
09-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I think I saw the slightest twinge of abs today. There is a shadow on the sides of my abdomen - the goes UP AND DOWN - not horizontally from the fat rolls!

And I have visible defined quads now - without having to flex!

InsideMe
09-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I have a collar bone!!! And I have definite shoulder definition again I'm loving it! My legs are thinning out and are totally looking hotter!!! I can wear a skirt again above the knee ;) I did groceries today and I can carry many more bags than I ever could and still walk up the stairs to the front door and up the stairs to the kitchen without getting winded! I'm getting to bed at a decent time cause I'm actually TIRED from exercising and what a sound sleep I get now too! Waking up refreshed is so much better!!!! There's more but I think I wrote enough LOL :)

justaloozer
09-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I am a size 18 in LB! I started out a 24! And I am a 14/16 in tops there!

I have lost a cup and a band size in bras!

I was able to zip up a coat that I could not even get the zippers to touch a few months ago. The coat is still tight but I can still zip it!

runningfromfat
09-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Today I'm wearing a suit for work that is the smallest item left in my closet from my adult life (I still have a skirt and dress left over from high school to fit into ;) )!! :carrot:

The pants to the suit are actually listed as a size 9/10 so I'm pretty excited about wearing them today. :D

desertmouse2010
09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
My knees don't hurt anymore when I walk and my favorite "fat day" blouse is WAY too big for me. :woohoo:

PreciousMissy
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I see my boyfriend on the weekends and last weekend he kept staring at me. When I asked him what was wrong he said (in a concerned voice) "Your face looks thinner..." YAY!!! It's supposed to haha! He knows I've changed my eating habits, but didn't know how much I had lost so far.

Riddy
09-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I have a variety of sizes in my closet (don't we all?) :p and yesterday I put on one of my "small" skorts - it's too big! :D

Rainbowgirl
09-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I've lost an inch from my waist in 9 days. I think that's pretty impressive :)

TooManyDimples
09-15-2011, 08:34 AM
I finally have the towel overlaps when I wrap it around me victory!

Also I went looking for a jacket yesterday in Burlington. I found a 14/16 that I really liked and figured I could get it on but that it wouldn't button. Nope! It buttoned right up and wasn't tight at all. That was an awesome feeling. =)

hpnodat
09-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I keep having to pin my pants & wear a belt. I've closet shopped so much I've run out of clothes & need to go to a store to buy new pants.

I realized yesterday that the pain I was having in my Knees isn't as bad as it a month ago.

I can tell my face is thinner when I look in the mirror.

When I put on a 2X Tshirt I don't feel a need to stretch it out around the sleeves and the bottom. I can wear it comfortably.

It's easier to tie my shoes.

linJber
09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Great job - everyone! I had a little NSV today. I was on a job site measuring the area we are buiding cabinets for. The contractor and the electrician were there. We got into a discussion of how we would have to modify a cabinet to allow electrical access. The plans were on the floor and I had to make a sketch to show them what I itended to do. I just knelt on the floor with them, drew my sketch and then got up! WooHoo! Six months ago, that would have been an event people would pay money to see!

Everyone - have a great day. Staying on plan is a NSV every day for me.

Lin

butterflymama
09-15-2011, 08:30 PM
2 NSVs today

I looked down and I couldn't see my belly past my breasts :D

And

The pants that were my first "yeah these pants that I couldn't due up last year fit me now perfectly and are a size 16" are too big! I wore them today and spent the day hiking them up :yay:

Aletheia
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
I went to Kohl's this afternoon because I needed a comforter (winter setting in) and decided to get a new sweater. Tried on a cute argyle v-neck, but the 1x was TOO BIG!! I found the same sweater in the regular girl section...and the extra large fit!

Sure it was just the one brand (that tends to run large) but damn it I'm thrilled!

1049jess
09-16-2011, 12:07 AM
I am wearing dresses again... and getting compliments on my outfits. It feels awesome to pull some things from the depths of my closet, pair them with a newer wrap and some leggings, and get compliments.

I also climbed up on the counter in my classroom today to hang something on the wall. I had no trouble getting up or back down. My balance is better, I feel more steady on my feet, and I'm getting around so much better. :)

PreciousMissy
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I love reading these! I just want to pat everyone on the back!

LaMariposa
09-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I took a picture with my friend and she uploaded it on FB and I saw collarbones. I teared up, not even gonna lie. It had been FOREVER since I had seen them

desertmouse2010
09-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I went shopping in my box of clothes that are/were too small. Three of my shirts now fit. :flow1: