General Diet Plans and Questions - BUSTING SUGAR- Fall 2011

View Full Version : BUSTING SUGAR- Fall 2011

Ellen
09-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Welcome to our little corner of 3FC. We are former or current Sugar Busters. We are a small but friendly group and we welcome new friends! Come on in, grab a cup of coffee or tea and visit a spell! :cofdate:

Ellen
09-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Morning! Gonna be a busy day! Running to the mall to the lego store for some 'hostess' gifts for one of our stops on vacation. Can't wait to see the kids! Its been over a year! Then I have to prepare a lesson for my art student, and clean the house.

I am looking forward to vacation. We sure need it after the last few weeks. :)

I forgot to weigh yesterday. Right now I am more concerned about the number on my glucometer. Its coming down slowly, and that is great encouragement to me. I did cave last night at potluck and ate a small piece of key lime pie. It probably had eggs in it. Shame on me! :)

I hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

And I wonder where Mercee has gotten off to? Miss her..

Toni48
09-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh boy a new fresh thread. Eating is good. I've just got to do some walking and just can't seem to get started. Need to run to the post office today and mail my son off a box to Iraq. I'm so relived when one is off for him. Other than that not a whole lot going on today. Just try to stay cool.

Ellen- When do you leave? Thank you for giving us a new thread...

Off to finish my coffee.

CountryMom4Him
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I am happy. I have seen 139 two days in a row. That is a first. Maybe I'll actually lose the last four and reach 100 gone. Who knows. :) Yesterday I recommitted to eating well and not just within range. I don't want to get lost in the weight loss and forget that it is about health.

Toni...You are rockin' the weight loss. Woo Hoo :carrot::carrot:

Ellen..Thanks for the new board. Awesome on your numbers coming down. :hug:

Solly...Praying that your surgery goes well and you are able to walk comfortably again. :hug:

Mercee, Heartmom and Beth...(((hugs)))

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi ladies, happy to report that I am down 5 lbs. Eating has been good. I have stayed at 1200 calories all week. I even had a glass of wine last night. I think I will be able to make it work, I hope. I am loving the app that just lets me scan bar codes on food to add to my list. So easy.

Ellen, thanks for the new thread. Enjoyyour vacation.

Crystle, 100 lbs is an awesome accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself. I remember that feeling once before. You have to love your new, healthy body.

Toni, Good job on your eating. Exercise will come. I am in the same boat. It is supposed to be over 100 today and 78 on Monday. Still praying for your son's safe return. I am sure he appreciates your goodie boxes.

Last official weekend of summer. Off to a friend's pool today and another tomorrow. I hate to see summer go but it has been a hot one. Have a great weekend.

Toni48
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Happy Friday everyone. Been sitting here having coffee and being lazy. Need to get up and do some laundry. Its another horrible hot day here. Theres a cool front coming in Sunday so that will be nice. We ordered propane for our tank to get ready for winter. I dread it coming. But this summer sure has been a hot one. Eating has been good.

Crystle- Wow 139 is simply wonderful. Wow 100 lbs. I just can't imagine that. You're really doing this. It is hard to remember healthy eating is the key.

Solly- Yippee 5 lbs. is great. You've figured out what works for you. I can't wait till I can have a glass of wine. Thank you for the prayers for Scotty. It means so much to me.

Guess I'll go get a yogurt and maybe get that load of wash in.

ASLacey
09-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Good morning,

My name is Lacey and I'd like to 'join' this group ... I have started SB's this morning (one of the FEW diets I have never tried) ... my reason for choosing this plan is a.) to lose weight and b.) to learn to eat healthier. I've been on so many diets in the past and have learned lots of 'tricks', but this time I'd like to do it without all the 'game playing'. I have lots and lots to lose, but my focus right now is on the first 10 pounds ...

Have a great day,

Lacey

Start weight: 224.4 First goal: 214

Toni48
09-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Good morning all.. We're having wonderful cool weather here. I'm loving it. Eating has been good and I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. I'm so close to the 170's. Had a great week end. We grilled a pork tenderloin yesterday. Got lots done and had fun just being around the house.

Lacey- Welcome to Sugar Busters. Its great to have you. Jump right in. We're a small but nice group here. You can do it. You've taken the biggest step. Getting started. The board is pretty slow right now with the holiday.

Off to find some breakfast. Which will probably be a yogurt and fruit today.

CountryMom4Him
09-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Howdy Lacey, welcome to the board.

Toni...I know you are going to see the 170's any day now. :hug::carrot:

Just came in from an awesome 3 mile walk. It was wonderful outside. It was suppose to be my day off but I didn't want to miss a chance to get out while it was nice. It is going to warm up toward the end of the week.

((Everybody)) Hope ya'll are having a GREAT week so far.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
09-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Yea I've lost 2 lbs. this week. Out of the 80's and into the 70's. I'm so happy.

Crystle-3 miles is great. I'm finally using the treadmill.

Mercee
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Ladies:

It has been so long since I posted. I have been so busy getting my youngest son off to college out of state and his going away party and then just life. I feel terrible it has been so long. I have not been to the gyn in 2 weeks due to being out of town and a nasty sinus infection I just got over. I will be there strong tonight. I am down another dress size so I am still doing well there. Now back to getting my house back in order and myself as well. I was lurking and I saw Ellen asked about me!! Thanks for caring.

I see you ladies are all still here. I can't wait to catch up with you. I will stop by later.

CountryMom4Him
09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Howdy ya'll.

WTG Toni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is GREAT Mercee..you are doing amazing. You must be close to your goal now.

((Everybody))

Love,
Crystle

Toni48
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Good morning. Just had some oatmeal for breakfast. Am loving the cool mornings. Eating is going well. Have started walking on my treadmill.

Mercee- Its good to see you. Wondered where you'd gone off to.

Crystle- Hi lady!! Hows it going?

Solly- Where are you?

Ellen- Hope you're having a good time.

Beth- Miss you too.....

Ellen
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Hello from Boston! Enjoying our visit with my sister and her spouse. We have walked a LOT in DC and here in Boston. Today we had a late lunch on the pier at the fisherman's wharf in south Boston. It was lovely. We took a boat tour of the harbor that was pretty cool...and windy! :) I filled my digital camera's flash card, so we stopped at the Micro Center next to Harvard and MIT and I got a bigger one. We are off to New Hampshire and Maine for a day trip tomorrow and then we will head back to DC and on to Monticello and NC and home. Its been so much fun so far! Eating has been pretty good. I did eat fried seafood today but it was breaded with chickpea flour and gluten free! Lovely! Tom was very pleased to find fried seafood he could eat. I have posted some pix on facebook....

LACEY: :welcome: Come on in and chat a bit!

MERCEE: Glad to have you back! I bet you are missing your son!

Congrats to all you losers! :s:

:wave:

Toni48
09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Good morning all you buster's. Just having a few cups of good coffee this morning. Its nice to have a new week to work with. I hope to walk on my treadmill at least four days this week. Friday I go to my heart doctor for my stress test and echo cardiogram. I'm anxious to see how my blood work turned out with me eating so good. If it helped any on my cholesterol. Eating has been good except Friday. I had my first cheat day in a very long time. We went out for fried fish with some friends. And I'm so tired of chicken I just went for the fish. I planned for it and knew I was going to do it so I don't feel to bad.

Ellen- Your vacation sounds wonderful. Am loving your pictures on facebook.

Have a great week ladies....

Ellen
09-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Today we drove up through New Hampshire to Maine. The light house we went to see was gorgeous. There was a Lobster House right there at the lighthouse park, so we ate there. We both got lobster. It was SOOO good! I took a ton of pictures, and I think I may do some painting when I get home.

My sister had a meeting tonight so Tom and I are at her house alone. Her spouse is at school. She is working on her masters degree. The dog is not entirely trusting of us...its a bit funny. He does love Tom though.

Mercee
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Ellen- Your vacation sounds wonderful.

Solly
09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi ladies,sorry aboutMIAfor so long bit have had some problems. One of which is keeping mefrom typing now. Last Sunday a week, I developed another Baler's Cyst on my otherleg and it burst. Off to the ER instead of church so I could not get downstairsto get to the computer. I am having the torn miniscus fixed this Thursday so I have been off my meds and last night my right had started swelling and killing me. So I have it in a carpal tunnel brace trying to easethe pain and thesurgeon said I cannot take anything for it until after surgery on thursday. I am so drpressed. Still hacenot heard anything about my disability, so no money on my part and DH's salary does not pay all the bills. Tomorrow I am g oing to apply for unemployment until I hearon disability. Sorry for all the typos.

Toni, so glad you are in the 170's. Keep on with it, My 5 lbs didn't last long with the ER visit and being so down. It has been ugly. I am trying again, just hoping I can do it b/c pretty soon I will have to go naked.

Crystle, hope your weather has been better. Keep up the good work.

Ellen, your trip sounds great.

Mercee,glad to hear from you. A smaller dress size is wonderful. Hope your son is enjoying college.

Lacey, welcome to our group. SB is fairly easy to do.

Can't type anymore. Just wanted you to know where I was. Be in touch soon.

CountryMom4Him
09-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Solly...hang in there. It is going to get better. :hug::hug::hug:

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Good morning. Having my coffee before i jump on the treadmill. Just wanted to pop in and say I've lost 1 lb. this week. I'm happy with that. Everything is going great here.

Solly- Dang I can't believe you're having such a tough time right now. Hopefully when you have the surgery and get back on your meds things will straighten up. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I was getting concerned when you didn't show up here. You'll get on the program soon enough to lose weight. You need to get your health lined out first. I'm still doing the 17 DD.

Crystle- Hows it going? Do you have a fall garden?

Mercee- Did you get over your sinus infection?

Ellen- Guess you're busy having a great time on your vacation.

Well off to finish my coffee. Happy Day everyone.

Mercee
09-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi ladies:

Solly- So sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch right now. I pray for a everything turns around for you and your surgery goes well.:hug:

Toni- How are you? Yes my sinus infection is gone and I am back at the gym. Congrats on your loss.

Well I talk to my son everyday 2 or 3 times a day. He loves col;ege and things are going well. I really miss him, He use to sit in the kitchen and chat while I made dinner.:)

Have a great day everyone. I lost 2 pounds this week. Yipee!

darstarr01
09-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Ladies,
I have known for a long time that I am hooked on sugar but just haven't been able to stop. I haven't read the Sugar Busters book but plan on going to the library tomorrow to check it out. Has anyone had this problem and was able to control it with this diet plan. I tried Atkins a very long time ago and had no success with that. I just need to find something that will help me get this under control. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Darlene

Tanna Banana
09-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi Ladies,
I have known for a long time that I am hooked on sugar but just haven't been able to stop. I haven't read the Sugar Busters book...

Me too! Me too! I have a problem with sugar that I just can't ever seem to kick. I've read the Sugar Solution Book. I imagine it's similar to Sugar Busters. I've also read a lot about the effect of added sugars in the diet...not good!

I want to reduce my added sugar intake. I'm okay with getting sugars from fruits. I'm not sure if that's compatible with the SB diet, but that's me personally. I want to set a goal to have only one treat a week. It seems like an impossible idea right now (I usually have multiple treats per day!:o) I would love to hear about your sugar busting!

CountryMom4Him
09-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Toni..WTG on losing another pound. No fall garden this year. The drought is just too severe. Next spring if things do not change I will not have a regular garden but large containers only so I can hand water. Praying we get some relief soon.

Hello darstarr and Tanna Banana! Welcome to the board.

Ellen...your vacation seems wonderful. I'm so glad you are able to have this time.

Mercee..WTG with losing 2 more pounds. I can only imagine how much you must miss your son. :hug:

Solly...hope you are feeling better.

Beth and HeartMom...thinking of you both also.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
09-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Darn I got ahold of some cookies Friday and my sugar cravings are back. It will take me about a week to get rid of them. I had to go for my heart testings Friday. Its all day at the hospital then to the doctors office for more tests and then to see the doctor. We got home at 8:00 at night. So I've been resting up all week end. Its been cloudy and rainy here. I love the feeling of fall. Think tomorrow I might cook a pot of veggie beef soup.

Mercee- Thats so neat your son is happy and liking college. Glad you're back at the Gym....

Darlene- Welcome to this board. I hope you can find the book.

Tanna- I have 2 fruits a day. And do use truvia, sugar sub. I keep boiled eggs, cut up veggies, yogurt and stuff like that handy. I also like to keep a veggie soup in the fridge for something warm and filling. Welcome to the board too....

Crystle- I did some container gardening this year. Still have jalapenos and bell peppers going. Are you having good luck maintaining your weight or do you find it a struggle?

Solly- Hope you're doing okay.

Ellen- Welcome home. Sure loved the pictures you posted on facebook.

Hey Heartmom and Beth.....

Off to cook breakfast. Oatmeal for me.

darstarr01
09-18-2011, 10:10 PM
So I got the Sugar Busters book from the library and I read it. So has anyone found a site that actually gives you a break down of GI totals on specific foods. It sure would be nice to find examples of low GI breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Or even specific breads, cereals, or other carbs that fall into the low catagory. Hopefully I can learn from all of your success and mistakes.
Darlene

darstarr01
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Well I went back through the book and I found a chapter called Lifetime Meal Plans and it gives some suggestions, so I guess that is the best place to start.

Toni48
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Just got a pot of veggie beef soup going. Hope it turns out good. I've got to get on the treadmill yet. Wish I would do that earlier. Like right after I get up. Eating was bad over the week end. And I had to much wine.

Darlene- sorry I've been so slow getting back on. I always look on the internet for the GI on foods. And try to pick the lowest. I haven't read the book in so long I would need to go get mine off the shelf and look at it. Hope you're doing good.

How is everyone? Sure is slow over here.

Ellen
09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Hello everyone! I hit the ground running. Cooking for the senior adults at church today. :) Will do a proper post later....

DASTARR: Welcome! You can find a good GI list on Mendosa's sight. He has a LOT about the GI and GI load on his pages. He is a diabetic and uses the GI to control it. GREAT stuff there... Here is the link: http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm

Toni48
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Dang I had a bad week and gained 2 lbs. I knew I was doing bad but couldn't stop. And here I'm doing so good on the treadmill. Hopefully this coming week will be better.

Ellen- Wow you really jumped into it fast. Hope your dinner turns out good. Its so nice to have you back.

heartmom
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
UGH! Not only have I not took off the weight I gained during Boogie's surgery...I added a couple more. Feeling outta control and sugar is getting the best of me. NOTHING fits...well, elastic does. Ha. Well, I can't afford a new bigger wardrobe for Fall so I've got to get my butt in gear. I am officially recommiting myself to eating low glycemic foods and if for some reason it's not possible from time to time...then sticking with small portions and not bingeing. My appetite has just been unreal lately. Lots of stress I'm sure hasn't helped. I've learned that I can't be too strict(like induction Atkins) or I will binge eventually and it's ugly when I do. I've got to find a medium. Today I've had a Kashi bar(5g sugar) and 1 oz almonds for bf. Had a large apple earlier for snack. I will have a turkey sandwich on ww with lite mayo, pepperjack cheese, bell pepper, spinach, tomato, cukes. Afternoon snack will be plain Greek yogurt and a Glucerna snack bar. I have a veggie beef stew in the crockpot, it does have some corn in it...but it's all lean. I'm trying to focus on overall healthy foods, foods with nutrients right now instead of trying to count cals, fat, carbs, etc...Also, I have a huge addiction to Diet Cokes...drink up to 4 cans daily. My first goal with that is to reduce it down to 2...wish me luck. I plan on walking a mile at lunch...better than nothing. Okay, I'm rambling and I gotta get back to work. Welcome the newbies!

heartmom
09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Add a 100 cal mini bag of popcorn and a Russell Stover SF choclate pecan delight to that...yeah, I know my calories are kinda high today...but baby steps..and I did a lap around our local park which is 1.25 miles in 17 min on lunch...got a little sweaty, so at least I accounted for the popcorn:) Going home to see the kiddos...

Toni48
09-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Heatmom- I like how you had all those veggies at lunch time. I need to start doing that. I'm all out of fresh veggies like tomatoes and cukes.

I had 2 fresh chicken eggs, 1 slice of multigrain dry toast and a orange along with a cup of green tea for breakfast. A small container of activa yogurt for snack. A sandwich on a bread round with turkey on and mustard on it. For dinner it will be a grilled chicken breast, cauliflower and green tea. Also on my way to drinking lots of water.

Walked on my treadmill today. That makes 3 days this week.

CountryMom4Him
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
HeartMom, :hug: You can do this. Sounds like you are already setting some good goals and making steps to make it happen. Fall is a wonderful time of year for a fresh start.

Toni..those two pounds will be off before you know it. The walking will balance out the extra you may have been eating.

Ellen...Your vacation sounded like a fairy tale.:)

Solly...Hope you are feeling better.

Mercee and Beth...:hug:

Darstarr01...Good to see you posting.:)

Just finished my workout and dinner is calling my name. I missed lunch, if I miss dinner also my daughter will have a cow. She is watching me like a hawk..LOL I told her today I was the mama.:D

God bless,
Crystle

darstarr01
09-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone! I hit the ground running. Cooking for the senior adults at church today. :) Will do a proper post later....

DASTARR: Welcome! You can find a good GI list on Mendosa's sight. He has a LOT about the GI and GI load on his pages. He is a diabetic and uses the GI to control it. GREAT stuff there... Here is the link: http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm

Thanks Ellen! When I get a chance I will check on that site looks like a whole lot of info.

Ellen
09-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Not a proper post, but wanted to stop in and say hi. Dinner for seniors went great. They are always so appreciative...makes me feel good about doing it. I came home after cleaning up and took a nap! I am fighting this cold...and I have not taken a nap in months and months! I felt so decadent!

I have to clean up and prepare a lesson for my art student tomorrow. The house is a disaster area!

:wave: will do a proper post as soon as I can... meantime, :grouphug:

heartmom
09-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey guys...I'm off to a good start this morning...woke up early to do a workout and I hope to walk another lap on my lunch hour. I had a Kashi bar with coffee for bf. I don't think I will buy those again...they don't do much for hunger. I just got thru with 1 oz almonds and a 2% cheese stick. Lunch will be another sandwich w/veggies, minus the cheese today, and a Greek yogurt(plain w/cinnamon). Probably an Atkins bar for afternoon snack and maybe leftover beef veggie stew if the kiddos haven't ate it all by the time I get home...otherwise I will make an omelet with veggies and 2% cheese. It's so much harder to take it off and not as fun as putting it on:lol:

heartmom
09-22-2011, 10:31 AM
pics...

heartmom
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Well, now it won't let me load any...will try later

Toni48
09-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Four days on the treadmill. Had 2 eggs, a piece of dry toast and an orange oh yea green tea for breakfast. Lunch was a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread round. A yogurt for snack. This evening dinner will be fish and veggies with a green tea. On my second 32 oz.. of water. The day is going pretty good. Put up some fall decorations. So it looks happy and like fall in here.

Darlene- How is it going for you?

heartmom- Sounds like you're doing great.

Ellen- Don't forget to rest a bit.

Off to finish my green tea and watch Dr. Oz.

heartmom
09-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Doing pretty good today. I did a workout this morning, won't be going to walk on lunch hour since I have errands to run. Wish me lots of willpower this weekend!

Toni48
09-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Good Fall afternoon. Its a wonderful Autum day here. I've had a lovely day just doing nothing really. Didn't walk on my treadmill today. I'm taking the week end off. Had a piece of low calorie multigrain bread for breakfast with some peanut butter on it. And an orange for a snack. A tuna sandwich for lunch with green tea. An activa light yogurt for a snack. And a pork loin chop for dinner with brussell sprouts for dinner.

heartmom- My goodness have your kids grown. They're so big and beautiful. Boogie looks so handsome. And your daughter is a knock out. Hopefully your week end goes well. Aren't they hard. We'll try so hard. Good luck....

Solly
09-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi ladies. surgery went well on my leg. doing well walking. not sure why things just cant go in the right direction. get one thing fixed and something else goes wrong. being off all my meds has caused my RA to flare big time. I have not even been to bed at all last night. I was in so much pain and I tried everything from ice, heat, lotions. Got to the dr at 7:30 this morning AND talked her into giveing me 2 cortisoine shots. She didn't want to but my hand looks like a monster hand. Hand of a 100 year old cripple. Started back on my meds today. Hopefully it will get better soon. I am typing this one handed so pardon my mistakes. Still no word on disability. Have a feeling she will deny it. Hand my mri on my other leg on friday. Eating is so so. Trying to get website on my computer upstairs. haven't been able to find you guys so I have copied the site and will try later. Then I can get on all the time.

Welcome to newbies. Hopefully will be able to post more tomorrow.

Toni48
09-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Had a cheat day yesterday. We went out of town yesterday and ate out at Applebee's. But I planned a relaxed nice day. So today back on the wagon. Its nippy today so I'm slow moving. Still need to walk on my treadmill.

Solly- So happy to hear from you. I was beginning to worry. Glad your surgery is over and you're on the mend. It will be so good when your meds are back helping you again. I can't imagine how bad your hand is. Please heal....

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

heartmom
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Just a quick drive-by. Well, I didn't do it...couldn't make it thru the wkend OP. UGH. Well, I got back on track yesterday, did a good workout and did a workout this morning. Eating is good today. Not much else to report...just working(big YAWN).

Ellen
09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone! Cleaned a good bit today. Was getting ready for the painter to come and do inside repairs from the leaky roof...but he called and postponed to Thursday... The gutter guy was supposed to come and never showed up. Tom called him tonight and he is supposed to come Thursday, or at the latest Saturday. Guess this is just the way contractors are....

Eating was good today. The cupboards are very bare...so I went to the store tonight and got some stuff. I got everything I needed to make a big batch of gazpacho. I love it, and its very diet friendly...all raw veggies chopped finely and mixed with organic tomato juice and a splash of olive oil and lemon juice. I really like having it on hand for snacking.

Was considering going to water aerobics in the morning, but the only class on Tuesdays is at 8 and I have not been sleeping well and don't want to chance it. Will walk instead.....

Solly
09-27-2011, 11:47 AM
I finally got you on my other computer. Yeah.

Got good news this morning. They have finally approved my disability. It will still be a process but that is such a relief off my mind. My hand is better today. still not 100% but better.

Toni, some cheats are just planned and ok. Most important thing is to get right back on track. You are doing great with the treadmill. I am trying a little walk each day and doing my PT exercises.

Heartmom, Weekends are the hardest time for me too. We eat out and drink too much wine. We have 2 weddings this Saturday so that will be hard too. At least you got some workouts in to counteract what you ate. Hang in there.

Ellen, A walk is a nice change from water aroebics. It is cool here so it is enjoyable.

Crystle, how are you?

Mercee, hope all is well with you,

Welcome to our newbies. Hope you stay with us.

Off to make some stuffed peppers for dinner. Not my favorite, but food doesn't interest me right now. guess it is the predisone I am taking.

Have a great day.

Toni48
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Been a good day today. Walked on my treadmill and have ate good but didn't get my fruit in. I'm only having it before 2 in the afternoon. But did pick me up a nice cantaloupe half at the store today. Tonight we're having veggie beef soup.

heartmom- How you doing? Are you having a good week?

Ellen- Send some of that soup this way. Yummy. Are you in the mist of a painting mess? LOL....

Solly- Yippee girl way to go on getting your disability. I was so relieved when I got mine. And really happy to get the back pay. Glad your hand is better. Maybe things are going to start looking up for you.

Crystle- Been cooking anything good lately?

Beth- We miss you. Please stop by.

Darstarr- Howdy ho..... How you doing?

Toni48
09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Woo Hoo lost 3 lbs. this week.

Mercee
09-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi Ladies:

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Welcome to all the newbies!!

Toni- Great job on your loss!!!

Solly- Glad you got your disability.

Ellen- Howdy!! Hope you are getting the work done on your house.

Have a great day ladies. I a doing great we have been so busy but all is well.

CountryMom4Him
09-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Solly..I am SO happy they finally approved your disability. One less thing to worry about. :hug:

Toni..woo hoo on losing three more pounds!! :carrot:

Ellen...the soup sounds yummy. I just had a concoction of tomato, cucumber, onion, cilantro, lime, salt and a little reduced fat sour cream...YUM YUM

Mercee..Good to see you. :hug:

HearMom...I think weekends are the hardest for all of us. One of the teams that I belong on on SparkPeople has a "weekend challenge". Basically we weigh on Friday and Monday. Since we post the weight it makes it easier to stick with the plan. Who wants to be the one that went up the most. :)

We actually had a real rain shower with lightening and hail earlier. It wasn't very long but what a huge blessing. I wasn't expecting it so I did have clothes on the line. Good news only one thing fell to the ground. :carrot:

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
09-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Had a great lunch of salmon, brown rice and a little salad. Got my walk in today on the treadmill. So all is good.

Mercee- So good to see you. Hope things slow down a bit for you.

Crystle- Oh no thats bad something fell off your clothes line. Nice you got some rain. I turned our air on today but its suppose to cool off tomorrow.

Well Hubby should be home soon so I'll get off here.

Solly
09-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi ladies, Had my GS yesterday and had a dr appt today and therapy on my knee, then to SS to turn in some more papers. I hear they ususally deny your claim 2 or 3 times before they approve it. Went to get another opinion on my back. he said I had alot of problems. Ha-ha. He said that I should have had the screws and rods the first time, but understands why the dr did not do it for my safety. But to eleviate my leg and back pain, that is definately what i need. guess I will go talk to my surgeon again and see what he wants to do. Need to find out about my other knee next week first.

I am down 6 lbs since Monday (water) and about the same place I was last Thursday. Hope I can keep it going down. I have been walking around the block each night (twice yesterday) plus maybe the exercises at therapy are helping also.

Toni, 3 lbs is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Crystle, glad you got some rain. We have had a lot of it lately. Wish I could send some your way.

Mercee, glad you are doing good. Nice to hear from you.

Ellen, hope your painting is going well. Iknow how messed up your house can be with all that going on.

Heartmom, hold on, the weekend is coming, Try your hardest. We have 2 weddings on Sat, but probably will not get to eat at either one running to the other. still working out?

Beth, how are you?

Darstar, come on back.

Got to run, Will have the GS tomorrow but at his house. So see you on Monday,

Ellen
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone! About to head down to the garagio to throw. Was thinking of taking Tom to work so I could use the car, but he reminded me that our grandson is coming to stay with us tonight...and will probably get her around 5. I can't wait to see him! Its been two weeks, and I miss him when I don't get to see him. He is at an age where he is changing rapidly...with starting kindergarten and all...and I hate that I don't get to see the changes more. I also hate that he is growing up so fast! :( Did not weigh this week...so I have no idea how things are going. Had a chiro appt Wednesday...and I am still kind of sore from it. My coscocondritis (sp?) is flaring, which is what is causing the soreness.

:wave: Will check in later!

Solly
10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
hi ladies, was on the computer signing up for the Komen race fo the cure this sat, so hought I would pop on her a minute.

Had a good weekend, have been walking around the block each day. Did it twice today but my back and leg hurt now. I went to some stores with my DD today so probably was on my feet too much. Have some SS thing to deal with tomorrow so I might be MIA. Eating has been ok. Very mindful of what I am eating. Had fish for dinner that was delish. Aspargus and a salad and half a baked potato. Even though I had to fix it and cleanup, it was rally good.

Making a goal for this week to get out of the 190's. Going to work hard on it and try to get some exercise in too.

Ellen, I feel you pain with your flareup. Mine has been so bad. enjoy that GS. They sure grow up fast.

Toni, Crystle, Heartmon, Mercee, hope you had a good weekend,

Toni48
10-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Had to much wine this week end. Could just kick myself. But on the good side I'm back to a good healthy lifestyle this morning. Walked on my treadmill and thawing some nice salmon out for lunch today. Tonight is chicken breast. Probably on salad. Got some bell peppers to chop up for the freezer.

Ellen- Hope you had a good time with your Grandson. He must be getting so big. Sorry for your flare up.

Solly- Yea on your eating right and walking. I know how good it feels to get out of a number. Have a great weigh in this week.....

Just had a yogurt and some flax seed. Think I'll curl in the blanket for a little more news...

Ellen
10-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Hello everyone! I had my grandson until this afternoon. His dad was out of town for a wedding and got back today, and picked him up when he came to get his car that he left here. Today was early release and my daughter could not drop him off at school and pick him up..I couldn't leave today as the painters were coming. They showed up this morning and worked a couple hours using a spray primer to cover the discolored areas where the roof leaked. Tomorrow they will hang a new ceiling in the hallway downstairs, and then paint the kitchen ceiling. Next, we need to redo the carpets. Its beginning to look MUCH nicer. Now if I can just clean...haha!

Dinner tonight was buffalo wings, celery, bleu cheese dressing and cauliflower. I just bake the wings at 400 degrees on a foil lined jelly roll pan for about 45 minutes. They get nice and crispy without frying. Then I just drizzle some buffalo sauce over them. Its easy and delicious. We had quite a pile of them! (I got a HUGE bag of wings from Costco!)

Tomorrow my 40# box of boneless skinless chicken breasts comes in. Its a company that works with CSA's, and they deliver once a month. The pick up location happens to be our church. The price is incredible...only $1.49 a pound! I hope they are good. This is the first time I have ordered from them.

Its past my bedtime! So sweet dreams, everyone! :grouphug:

Solly
10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi ladies. Had togo to the ortho doc this morning. I do have another torn miniscus in my other leg. So going to get it fixed next Thursday. It wanted to do it this week but I have a wedding Sat so I said wait a week. Might as well get it fixed while I still have my insurance. Still waiting to hear from the ins co. on my disability money. wish they would hurry.Been walking around the big block twice a day. Already did once today. Going to dinner with friends so we won't go tonite. Had lunch at taco bell today. That was not good but where the girls from work wanted to go. I went by and turned in my keys, gate opener, credit card, etc. Guess I am officially done with work. Glad of it. Things are so badthere, they have even quit buying them bottled water.

Toni, I know the wine thing. I love my wine. At least you are walking on the treadmill. It helps.

Ellen, sounds like you will have a nice house when they are finished.

Off toget my GS for a couple hours before dinner.

Toni48
10-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Lost 1 lb. this week. Its coming off slowly. I think the treadmill is really helping. We went grocery shopping yesterday so I'm all stocked in. Today I get a permanet. Will be so glad my hair looks so bad.

Solly- Sorry you have to have your leg fixed. Don't know how you're walking around the block. Its great you can quit working and take care of yourself.

Ellen- Wow thats such a good price on the chicken breasts. I paid 1.97 yesterday. Hot wings sure do sound yummy. Your house is sure going to be nice after all that work...

Ellen
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
I am waiting on my little private art student. Today we are doing watercolors. I feel so frazzled though. The company that does the chicken donated a box to the church as a thank you for letting them use our parking lot. We cooked it up today and made ten casseroles with it to keep in the freezer for when folks need help. The rest I am going to use in chicken salad for the big potluck supper on Sunday.

Off to get things organized for my student. I am SO tired though! Wish I could take a nap...but no, I have to fix dinner than head out to a meeting tonight. SCREAM!!!

Toni48
10-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Nice day and got my walk in on my treadmill. Ate cereal and a banana and of course green tea for breakfast. Some almonds for a snack. A small salmon steak and brown rice for lunch and green tea, and dinner will be my favorite taco salad made out of ground turkey. So the day is going just right. Having some wine with DH before dinner.

Ellen- Your post made me tired just reading it. Thats wonderful about all those casseroles you made at the church. I can't imagine what a job that was. You should sleep good tonight.

Hows everyone doing.

Solly
10-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi ladies, my grandson is sleeping sothought I would jump on here. I tiik him to the park today and he played and then we fed the ducks. They were so tame, they were sitting on my shoes. There about 60 of them just where we were feeding them. They just followed us around. He had a good time and was so tired.

Eating has been good all week but no loss. There went my goal. Guess I enjoyed my wine too much. We have a wedding on sat and a confirmation on Sunday. Got to get my cleaning done sometime. Should be doing it now but too lazy.

Toni, one pound is awesome. You are doing so good especially with the treadmill. Hope you like your perm.

Ellen, hope your art lesson went well. That was a lot of chicken to fix. But at least you have it all frozen now.

Got2 walks in yesterday, and some at the park. May try to do the 1 mile walk tomorrow at the susan Komen walk. Have a great weekend everyone.

Toni48
10-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Well I didn't have a good eating week end. We ate at our local hamburger stand here on Friday. Plus I had to much wine this week end so not looking forward to the scale this week. I knew better. Back to the treadmill and eating good.

Solly- I'll bet your Grandson loved the park. Sounds like you're getting some good walking in. Hope you had a good week end. I have a wedding to go to next Sat. with a fish fry afterwards. Ugh....

Hope everyone else had a great week end.

Ellen
10-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I was supposed to cook for the senior adults this Wednesday, but they cancelled the program yesterday. They called me as I was leaving Costco with half the groceries for the food...sigh. So today I don't have to be cooking apple pies and prepping foods. Yay! I think I will take the free time to go down and throw some. We leave Thursday for a wedding in Chicago. I still have not decided what I will wear. I keep thinking of little details..like having to carry my cpap machine on the plane. I can't carry anything bigger than 4 oz, so I will have to buy my hair styling mousse up there, and distilled water for my machine. Ug! So complicated.

Eating has been so so. I heard about drinking fresh lime juice in water in the morning for blood sugar stabilization. Trying it out. I think its helping.

Off to find some breakfast! :wave:

Toni48
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh my gosh I'm so sick about it but I've gained 3 lbs. I can't believe in a week how I can pack it on. I know I was having to much wine and not watching my food as close as I should. It was just poor choices. Hope I can fix it this week. Of course I've got a wedding and a big cookout to go to. GRRRRR...... I'm pleased I have been walking on my treadmill anyway. So guess this is not the end of the world but just life.

Ellen- I drink a half of a lemon in a cup of water warmed every morning. I put a packet of truvia in it and it makes a nice like lemonade drink. Hope you enjoy your wedding too.

Its raining here today. Makes for a cozy day. Hope you all have a good morning....

Toni48
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Wow I weighed again and it said I stayed the same. Think I'll weigh again tomorrow and see what it saids.

Solly
10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Good afternoon ladies. My grandson is sleeping so trying to get a few things done. Having my knee surgery tomorrow so maybe I can get on tomorrow afternooon while I'm sitting in the chair. I think I hav emy disability with the insurance finalized. She called me today and is mailing me a $36.00 check for the difference when I was on short term. She is still figuring the rest so I should have all my money since April to now by the end of the month I hope. I need to get back on track.

I spent $400 at the grocery yesterday and didn't think Ibought that much. Dh did get a bunch of vitamins so that was probably $100 of it. But boy have the prices gone up. Drives me crazy,

Ellen, enjoy your trip to Chicago and wedding,

Toni, wine is hard isn't it. I have the same problem. Try limiting yourself to2 glasses that way you are not depriving yourself of it totally. Try to make good choices at your fish fry. Maybe no fries, just be conscience of what you are eating and eat small portions and you will be fine. I am down 4 lbs since Monday, how that happened I don't know, Had to go buy a bigger pair of jeans yesterday. Made me so mad. Plus I got my Dr's notes from my visit and he refers to me as obese, That made for nice reading and really made me feel lousy.

Off to get some some stuff while I can. Talk to you all soon.

candice1022
10-13-2011, 10:39 AM
hi everyone... im looking to join a stable group/posting... the ones all over 3fc can be so daunting to pick just one to follow... so this sugar busters group sounds like a good plan to me. im looking to lose 100lbs and a big part of it will be cutting out sugar all together from my home... which will be a hard task for me im a huge potato chip whor* lmao and i always have cookies and cake stuff in my home for birthdays .... but its all going... any suggestions or helpful hints or anything for me!

solly- i know the feeling my doctor says obese too and its like cant you just say large or something ugh :(

Solly
10-14-2011, 11:49 AM
hI LADIES, surgery went fine other than waiting in the dr for 2 hours. so frustrating just laying there in tha bed. Getting around on crutches. my BBF is bringing lunch and will spend the day with me. Supposed to go the Huber's (pumpkin orchard, winery food, etc) tomorrow with whle family (20 of us). so I will just go and ride in the wheelchair the whole time. Sounds pretty good to me.

Ellen hope Chicago is still warm and nice for your wedding. Have fun.

Candice I am a potato chip whore too. Just love them. But you can do it and all the holiday treats you just have to decide if you are worth it. Love yourself first. You can do this. I lost 105 lbs the first time I did this and then had breast cancer, put some on took it off, you know how that goes. Still working to get that part off.

Toni, how are you today? A lot of dr books say allow 6 days on a diet and one for a binge. You could do your wine then.

Got to run. lunch is here. Have a good weekend/

Solly
10-14-2011, 11:56 AM
hI LADIES, surgery went fine other than waiting in the dr for 2 hours. so frustrating just laying there in tha bed. Getting around on crutches. my BBF is bringing lunch and will spend the day with me. Supposed to go the Huber's (pumpkin orchard, winery food, etc) tomorrow with whle family (20 of us). so I will just go and ride in the wheelchair the whole time. Sounds pretty good to me.

Ellen hope Chicago is still warm and nice for your wedding. Have fun.

Candice I am a potato chip whore too. Just love them. But you can do it and all the holiday treats you just have to decide if you are worth it. Love yourself first. You can do this. I lost 105 lbs the first time I did this and then had breast cancer, put some on took it off, you know how that goes. Still working to get that part off.

Toni, how are you today? A lot of dr books say allow 6 days on a diet and one for a binge. You could do your wine then.

Got to run. lunch is here. Have a good weekend/

Toni48
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Well my week end killed my diet. LOL.... Seeing my Grandsons and all the family was great. So was the lovely wedding. We ran so much and ate badley. But today is back to reality day. Have eaten good and walked on my treadmill so far today. The weather is cooling down this week.

Solly- Hope you're doing good. And that you've had a good time at the Orchard.

Hope everyone had a great week end too.

Solly
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi ladies. The board is a little slow right now. Going after lunch to hve the titches taken out of my knee. I walked around on it too much this morning I think. Sitting with an ice pack right now. Went to see my nuerosurgeon this morning. We decided to schedule my back surgery for the Monday after Thanksgiving. That way I can get all my decorating and shopping done and use December to recuperate. I have Christmas dinner at my house but I figure the girls can do what needs to be done. Everyone brings something anyway.

Toni, glad you had such a nice visit with your grandchildren and DIL. Just get back on track and you will be fine. I am going to reread the 17 day diet book and either do that or WW.

Ellen, hope your wedding went well and you are home safely.

Crystle, where are you girl.

Mercee, guess you are keeping on exercising,

Candice, come on back.

Off to eat lunch. Having taco salad for dinner. Have a great day

CountryMom4Him
10-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I have been up to my elbows in alligators. :) I do not have time to read and catch up this morning but I did want to at least say howdy.

Lost two pounds this week. Only 4 ounces away from the 100 mark. :carrot:

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Solly
10-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Crystle, real alligators or is that a saying? Glad to hear from you at least.

Toni, did you make a turkey meatloaf? My family didn't like it.

Ellen, back in town yet

We are getting a Trader Joes this week. I can remember when I started SB and the only place you could find ww bread was trader Joes. Can't wait to go and see what they have. Anyone have any suggestions on great things there let me know.

I have bunco tonight. Glad to get out and visit with my girlfriends. A friend will drive me. Knee seems to be more sore this time. I start therapy next Tuesday.

I didn't weigh today. Not feeling it. Have a great day

Ellen
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Greetings everyone! :welcome: Candice!

We got back late Monday. The week has been a blur. I can't even tell you what I did. Well, all of it. Yesterday, I went to the Georgia Aquarium with my daughter, son in law and granddaughter. She was very "'cited about seeing Mimi and the fishies!" It was cute. Its really a cool place and well done. There is a tube through the largest tank that has the whale shark in it...very neat!

My little art student was sick today, so I had the day off. Good thing probably as I have not been feeling real tip top myself.

I actually lost a few pounds in Chicago. Its been hard getting back to the routine now. Yesterday, I decided to cut out dairy to see if that was causing some tummy troubles I have been having. Last night I slept MUCH better and had a lot less congestion. So, no dairy and no eggs. No corn or gluten for Tom. Its getting hard to eat around here.

Ellen
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
SOLLY: Glad the surgery went well. Hope you heal uber fast!

Toni48
10-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Good afternoon.....

Crystle- You are doing great. I've gained 2 lbs. and can't seem to get motivated. Am still walking on the treadmill though.

Solly- Hope your knee hurries up and heals. Did you have fun at Bunco. I made a regular meatloaf not turkey but it still turned out crappy. My whole dinner was a flop. LOL....

Ellen- Hope you're rested up and feeling better.

candice- What happened with you?

Well back to my laziness. I did do a load of wash.

Ellen
10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey, folks! So quiet around here. Nothing new with me. Except I went to my AK Chiro this morning and she told me a lot of my muscle pain and abdominal cramping was from Aspartame! I THOUGHT I avoided it carefully, so we talked. She tested me with my Altoids, and they have them! She told me if the percentage is low enough, they don't have to list it as an ingredient. Grrr! So I am going through all the foods we eat regularly and trying to figure out where its coming from. Not fun!

Hope everyone is doing well! :wave:

Solly
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi ladies. Sorry I have been MIA but having computer troubles. Went to PT this morning for my knee, hate going. I have the exercises at home so I plan to do those. The only good thing is the electric stimulus on my knee helps reduce the swelling. Have my GS tomorrow and Friday. He is going trick or treating at my DD's old high school tomorrow night. I hope he wears his costume. He can't decide to be Thomas or James but I don't think he realizes he is to wear the costume.

I hit a new high on the scale and a new low on self esteem. So I am back to logging my calories and trying to get some exercise in even though it will be light. I can't fit into any of my dress pants. Had to buy a new pair of jeans and 1 size bigger. Ugh!!!

Ellen, I try to avoid Aspartame, but what do you do for cereals or grapefruits, Been using agave in my hot tea.

Toni, come on you can get rid of those 2 lbs. Good for you still walking on the :tread:.. I have trying to sell mine. Only used it 2 times and paid way too much for it.

Will check in later. Have a great day.

Toni48
10-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Dog gone it I gained another lb. this week. Hope its water weight but I'll see. I'm being stricter with myself this week and watching everything more closely. Having a little slice of corned beef tonight with some cabbage. Its my DH birthday and I made him a special dinner for his day. Will pass on the cake. Still walking on my treadmill. Am pretty proud of that.

Solly- Hope you get your treadmill sold. Its to expensive for a nice one to have them just sit around. I can sure understand your struggle with your weight. I'm fighting right now with mine. I'm so tired of it always being an issue in my life.

Ellen- My goodness I didn't know a sugar substitute could be such a problem. Hope you find out where its coming from.

Crystle- Howdy ho how ya doing?

Well better get dinner finished. Have a good evening.

Solly
10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi ladies. I'm down 9 lbs this week (as of this morning). 8 yesterday. Sure it is water b/c I don't seee any difference in my jeans. But I like the number on the scale better than Monday. Still logging food and counting calories. I found a cool app on my phone which lets you bar code scan food. It is so much easier. Doing my PT exercises but that is about all. Trying to walk around the block once a day too. It is cold abd rainy here but I have been making homemade dog treats this afternoon so it feels good to me.

Toni, can you believe I had only 1 glass of wine the other night. I had the calories left so I had one. I normally don't stop at one. Jillian said the other day the number 1 thing that makes us fat is low calories sweetners. Guess we trick our brains & it craves more sugar. You should be proud to be walking on the treadmill. You go girl.

Ellen I am amazed about the amount of sugar I get each day on my total calorie count. I am over the recommended amount and I didn't think I had any sugar. Just shows you how much is in food.

Crystle, now that you are skinny, you can still post here. We miss you.

Mercee, how are you?

DH offered to stop and get some icecream on the way home from the bank and I declined. Eating my apple instead. Planning a cheat night tomorrow for dinner. We are taking my GS to the baseball stadium where they have 2000 carved and lit pumpkinsand he can trick or treat. Then we are going to a special pizza place. I will get a salad and only 1 piece & maybe 2 glasses of wine. I figure if I can have a cheat night it might help me keep going.

Have a great weekend. I have my GS tomorrow so probably won't get here

Toni48
10-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Solly- YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!!! That is great with the loss you've had. Even if it is water thats a heck of allot. Glad you're back on track. I think a cheat day is good for us.

I had to give up the wine for a bit. Just couldn't stop at one glass. Kept having more than my fair share. LOL..... I lost the lb. I gained this week so it must have been water weight. I was so happy with the scale this week. It meant after all the mess ups I stayed the same.

CountryMom4Him
10-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Howdy ya'll. I have been crazy busy. My computer time has not been as much as I would like. Weight is holding steady. I might would lose the last few pounds if I'd quit diving into the chip bag at my daughters. I don't just eat a few I attack the bag like I haven't eaten in ages. Good thing I rarely have them here at the house.

My grand babies are growing in leaps and bounds. Part of the reason I have been so crazy busy. Britt with be through with classes in Dec. I think. Then life will get back to normal for Memaw. :)

Toni..hang in there. You are doing great and the scales will catch up in no time. Good for you keeping up your walking.

Solly..woo hoo way to drop the pounds. You have been through the wringer lately. Once your body settles down from the surgery you will see a smaller size again.:hug: I'm not Ellen but I'd rather use a little real sugar than the artificial stuff. I actually use a brown colored sugar in my coffee and hot tea.

Ellen...hope you get all the food things sorted out. It has to be difficult trying to find things to eat when they keep taking them away.

Love you guys and I'm gonna try to do a better job of posting.

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
10-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi ladies, the baby is sleeping so I thought I would get on here a minute. I had about 1 hr of sleep last night. The dog kept licking his feet and thenit was everything driving me crazy. I am almost to the point I hate to go to bed. If I do sleep I have the most vivid and strange dreams. Must be the Ambien (1/2) I take.

Toni, so glad you lost that lb. Next week you will see a bigger loss. I was down another .8 this morning. My goal for next Wed is to be at 189. I did enjoy 2 glasses of wine and popcorn last nite. But have to stop there. Weekends will be the hardest.

Crystle, so glad to see your post. I agree, I would rather use a little real sugar than the other stuff. I do like the agave in my hot tea. Have fun keeping those grandbabies I know you enjoy it.

Ellen, I have requested one of those mouthpieces for the sleep apnea. The mask drives me crazy. Hope all is well with you.

I have 650 calories left for the day so I will have a salad and pizza for dinner. Hoping I can get someone to get a veggie pizza. Hope my calories are in the range or just a little over. Have a great weekend.

Amarantha2
10-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I am a former Sugar Busters person, used to love that WOE during the last phases of a major weight loss I had a number of years ago (trying to get off some regained pounds now but I don't do Sugar Busters). I count calories and always have but Sugar Busters helped me control that and feel better. Glad I found this new thread.

Amarantha2
10-29-2011, 10:47 AM
A quick ramble and thanks again for this thread that got me thinkin' ... I posted this (editing down for here as not to be too intrusive) also on another thread and will put in my blog as I had a real ephihany just now and know it will hold:

Benefits of e-reader!!! Weight loss still going slow but steady. Don't say eat less lol 'cause my current calories are very low, BUT losing some, lost the six pounds in three weeks but something missing in how I feel.

NOW, the e-reader brought me an interesting thing. Was browsing diet books for fun and they have all the old Sugar Buster books. I felt better, a number of years ago, on it than ever in my life, I counted calories easily (they tell you not to count calories but I did) and was never hungry, I reached my original weight goal and below and maintained it a long time, I did not miss donuts or other bad stuff, I occasionally strayed and did not have too much trouble as my blood sugar and habits had been corrected enought to bounce right back.

So was browsing Kindle, relaxing just now thinking of diets (my hobby) AND saw the old books I used to love. Downloaded one and started reading again. I know the plan backwards, was on it for years, although I did modify to suit my own beliefs. Light dawned that while I lost a lot of weight originally during the major phase of my weight loss, I ONLY had total success after I started Sugar Busters.

Light dawned that it would not take much to fix my eating TODAY to conform to my modified (slightly) version of Sugar Busters.

Off to grocery for sprouted bread and eggs, a favorite legal meal of mine!

Without the e-reader, wouldn't have had this epiphany or acted on it so quickly.

Toni48
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
:welcome: Amarantha....... Glad to have you hear at Sugar Busters.

Ellen
10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Hello, everyone! Been chugging along. Got a new book out of the library that gives guidelines to doing a low carb diet for blood sugar maintenance. The author is one of the biggest experts on diabetes in the country, Dr. Bernstein. He is himself a diabetic. So far, I have seen some moderate success on his plan. I hate how strict it is, but if it works as he says it will, I may be able to relax some once I get my bg where I want it.

My grandson is here. We brought him home from his house last night after we left their Halloween party. They are so silly about it. They had black chicken, a brain shaped flan, a puking pumpkin with guacamole, finger cookies, green pies, a red chocolate fountain, fresh mozzarella eyeballs, and cheese fondue in a pumpkin. There were only about 20 folks who came, so I am sure they are swimming in leftovers. I was pleased with myself. I only ate things that were ok on my plan. I ate too much of them, but at least I passed on cookies, sweets, and grains. I am guessing the parents are a bit hungover. At 2 they were still in bed. Not sure when they plan to come retrieve the little boy. They can wait until next weekend for all I care. I love having him here!

Off to play with my little sweetie! :wave:

Amarantha2
10-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Toni. I am so glad to have found this thread! I rambled a bit in my blog about the Sugar Busters plan I used to love so much and it hasn't disappointed as even following it in my modified way, I am doing better than I have been doing.

Ellen, sounds fun to have your grandson with you. Congrats on doing well at the party.

I messed up the weight ticker, apparently, as it wouldn't let me update. I did lose a pound (took three weeks, that is where I have been struggling lol). So I did a new one that reflects that from here, I have 8 pounds to go for the March to the Holidays 15 pounds and then I do think I will lose more to be back where I was before stuff happened last year.

I had a good day. Ate various things and dinner was a sort of salad of chopped spinach, tuna, a Laughing Cow Lite wedge (original) and a chopped hard boiled egg, with a bottle of chocolate coconut water. I love coconut water and though it isn't on any Sugar Busters' list anywhere, it makes me feel great (balances electrolytes, tastes great and is low in calories, not sugary, even the flavored ones).

Good night all!

square1ate
10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I am so tired everyday.I think is because of my sugar intake. I am switching tonight from lots of that to none or a little of it. Every day is a good chance for me. I am not relying on a rebate but I do rely that I will diet and exercise correctly, coffee and oatmeal. Two non sugar foods I just have to get to the supermarket for the coffee. Water will do and oatmeal no sugar, I got it.

Toni48
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Glad the week end is over and its down to business again. LOL.... I did do better this week end but not perfect. I'm eating more like I will in real life. If you get what I mean. I'm glad I made a pot of chicken veggie soup Friday it has helped.

Ellen- Hope this book gives you some answers. That's great you brought your Grandson home and gave his parents a little break and you time to play.

square1- It takes me about a week to detox from sugar. Its a real problem for me. But if I stay away from it awhile I really don't miss it. I look for products with 5 grams or less.

Amarantha- You are losing good. Congratulations. Keep up the good work...

Think I need to go put more wash in. Should have done it on the week end.

Solly
10-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi ladies, just waiting in the trick-or- treaters. Didn't go to my grandson's as I have taken him 3 other places this week and being a week night just decided to stay home and hand out candy.

still down the same 9 lbs. Figured it would slow down. Still hoping to be down to 189 by Wed.

Ellen glad you had so much fun with your grandson. They are so much better than our kids were. Ha-ha.

Toni, I had decided I need to find a way to lose and eat the way I do but healthier. Not 100% strict but tyring to only eat healthy and stay at 2500 calories. I don't want to give up my wine and some other things. That is not how I live. I sure don't know how long I have so might as well do what is normal for me. Allowing myself one cheat meal a week too.
Did you happen to see Dr Oz today. They had Tony Horton (I think invented that PS90X program).But he said heat 90% healthy and 10% not so. They applies to exercise. He said at least 5 days and just move. Doesnt have to be strenous exercise.

Amarmantha. Welcome. Good luck with this WOE. Sugar is so bad and makes you feel bad too. I don't eat sugar, but at the end of the day my tracker shows how much sugar and I am amazed. Where did it come from? It's in everything.

I did good. Still had calories left so I enjoyed a fun size Baby Ruth. only 80 calories. Now off for a warm cup of tea. See ya later.

miniDoodles
10-31-2011, 08:44 PM
BUSTING SUGAR ? Does that mean: NO man-made sugar, or is fruit okay to be substituted for recipes needing sugar :?: ??? Does anyone have some Yummy recipes for 'chocolate using 'fruit' instead of man-made sugar? Thanks :hug:

Amarantha2
11-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks, Toni! Square1, hope the sugar detox is going well!

Solly, yea, it is hard to avoid sugar, they are putting it in so many things. :)

miniDoodles, I am using a modified version of the Sugar Busters' plan, which DOES allow for some sugar, it is very low sugar but not "no" sugar. In the challenge on FB, though, I personally define sugar as sucrose (table sugar), dextrose, glucose (which is the sugar we have in our blood naturally), molasses, honey, etc., as well as anything with High Fructose Corn Sugar and I personally avoid agave nectar, which is supposed to be low glycemic, but isn't really, plus I avoid raw sugar (turbinado) or cane juice, all sugar (even though these are natural sugars and not refined).

Sugar Busters (the original book) says t'is ok to use all fruit spreads and I do that. Fructose that is in allowable fruits is ok (but not High Fructose Corn Sugar), so yea, personally if you were bustin' sugar the Sugar Busters way, I'd personally think using fruit for chocolate recipes would be good.

I don't know, really. I did Sugar Busters for years and found that there were all sorts of interpretations of it. I modify it also but I stick close. It is hard to define "sugar," actually. I think everyone has to decide for themselves.

I am having fun reviving my Sugar Busters. I found Beanitos today, a chip made out of pinto beans and whole flaxseeds (although the body doesn't absorb whole flaxseeds, they taste good.

I revamped all my goals today as I wanted to add a loss of some more pounds to get to where I want to be in March of 2012, a significant month for me. Then I will be done with loss of the regain and the extra I wanted and will maintain. I still had eight pounds to go on my holiday goal, which I incorporated.

This helped me avoid corn or something sugary.

Ten of these was very satisfying as they have protein and fiber.

Sorry to ramble, Sugar Busters' ... see ye. Have a fantastic day.

I am counting down to my goal date and from here to there is now 145 days!

Woot!

miniDoodles
11-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Amarantha :) Thanks sooo much for the Great info. about sugar. I have a big question I need answered. When we 'do eat sugar' what is the maximum grams of sugar that a Healthy persons body can daily eat? :?:
I know you'll have a great WI :) Dee

Solly
11-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi ladies, I did not make my goal of 189 by today. I weighed yesterday ater a day of not having my diuretics and I was up 3lbs. BVery discouraging. Today I was down 2 of the 3 so 1 lb over where I was last week. Not sure why. I have been eating my 2500 calopries and walking around the block everyday. Oh well, keep on trucking.

This morning I had oatmeal with blueberries, and milk with green tea.

Amarantha, good luck on meeting your goals. You have to do what is good for you.

Mini doodles, I love all those cute puppies. SB does not allow a certain amount of grams per day but I beleive you look for things under 3 grams of sugar in them. All fruit is ok with the exception of bananas, pineapple, and raisens. I think that is all. Ellen will correct me if I am wrong on those grams. She knows everthing about this WOE.

Ellen, help me out here if you will.

Toni, how does the scale look today?

Got to run the grandson is here. Think we will put up the Christmas tree in the basement today.I am pressed for time.

Oh don't know if I will be back this week. My ortho doc talked me into having my carpal tunnel fixed, one tomorrow and one on the 17th. Do I may not be able to type until Monday. Not sure about this but since I have insurance hanging over my head and they wake me several times a night numb, I guess I will do it. Talk to you soon

Ellen
11-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Hello everyone! Been busy in the garagio. I loaded up a glaze kiln last night and fired it. It fired off sometime around 3am and I just unloaded it a few minutes ago. I was kind of disappointed in a few of the pieces. I was doing an orange mug for someone and had to brush the glaze on. I MUCH prefer to dip. It looks terrible...the coat is not at all even. The glaze is very thin, so its going to be quite a challenge to patch it up and reglaze it.

The new program I am doing is actually working! My blood glucose levels are coming down nicely. This morning was almost in my target range, and has pretty much stayed down all day. I feel so encouraged! Especially when I hopped on the scale and was down 2 pounds too! Yay! I don't recommend such an austere program, but desperate times need desperate measures, and I am definitely desperate!

MINI: Keep the sugar grams per serving 3 or under. Fruit is ok, but don't go hog wild if you want to lose. Limit it to two or three servings a day. Sugar is not an essential nutrient, so cutting it out as much as possible will only be good for you.

AMARANTHA: Welcome to our corner of 3FC! So glad to have you join us!

SOLLY: Praying for a speedy recovery on your carpal tunnel surgery! My daughter just had a similar surgery on one hand then the other, and it took her a few weeks to be able to use her hands again. Take it easy and let it heal! ((hugs))

TONI: You are doing great! Its so good that you jump right back into it even if the weekend was not great! :) Results are a great motivator, no?

Amarantha2
11-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Huzzah, thanks to Solly and Ellen for the welcomes. miniDoodles, hi, I don't really know the answer to that question. I'd think it would vary. Nutrition is so complex, it is a good question.
Today I kind of switched gears from doing the old Sugar Buster's program (from the book). I am still committed to staying sugar free and low glycemic, I just realized that though the book served me well for a long time in the past, it isn't the specific set of guidelines I want to consult right now.

I posted some of my thoughts on this in my blog. It is just too much for me to worry about whether whole wheat is stone ground or bananas are ripe or unripe or whether something I eat is on the legal list or not. That served me well before but now I just need to focus on being sugar free as I define it and reducing weight and staying fit (I exercise daily).

I am doing fine with being sugar free and it is helping me control calories and also think more clearly, so on to another day.

I am glad I found this thread, thanks again for the welcomes. :)

Amarantha2
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Solly, good luck with the surgery!

Toni48
11-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Time to fix DH lunch so will keep this kind of short. We went grocery shopping yesterday, so theres lots to eat. Plus have a nice container of veggie chicken soup. Got my treadmill walk in. Thats my week in for it.

Ellen- Sorry all your stuff didn't turn out like you wanted. Hope you can fix the ones that didn't. I still drink my tea out of the cup you made me. I'm so glad you found an eating plan that is working.

Solly- I hope your surgery goes well. Its good to your carpal tunnel fixed. I had hoped I would lose a lb. but instead stayed the same. I still need to lose a lb. to get back where I was. Maybe this week. I'm drinking wine and trying to make my plan liveable.

Amarantha- Good luck with your new way of eating. We each kind of do our own thing. Keeping sugar busters in mind. I really fight with sugar...

Mini doodle- The only chocolate I have is the 70% dark chocolate. I have a square of it when I really need a sweet thing.

Off to cook....

miniDoodles
11-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Chicks, Thank You for helping me learn more about Sugar Busting & 'overcoming the sugar habit'. I enjoy the taste of sweets, so for me it will have to be about changing to healther recipes. But I simply like the food I eat, healthy or not & I also over-eat 'healthy veggies & fruit' sometimes.
I know I have a problem resisting passing the peanut butter cups, etc. @ the check-out @ Wal-Mart, etc. The stores moved 'alcohol' from the store fronts, but they keep my 'chocolate/candy' in my reach @ the check-out :(; Why not put some veggies, baby-men's items, etc in the check-out aisle & let us become addicted to healthy items. There is a registered diatician I watch on PBS that has wonferful, natural recipes & tips: zonya.com

Hi Solly, U R wonderful & me & DH R adding U to our prayer list for a healthy recovery, remember your Attitude is 1/2 of the body's healing process :smug: The puppy pic is from my last litter, I'll have a MaltePoo litter in 2 wks. :getwell:
Hey Toni48, That's a great item to keep in my car for the Holidays to stop me from buying a candy bar or choc. shake. I'll keep some 70% dark chocolate candy in it & drive 'past Burger King, Wendy's etc.' Thanks :)

Blessings to Each of You Chicks, Dee

Amarantha2
11-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Huzzah to all! Abbrevated version of something about sugar that I put in my 3FC bloggety blog! Yesterday, I accidentally drank a sugar filled Slim-Fast shake that I grabbed after a stressful meeting instead of their low carb, no added sugar variety, which despite all odds is not a bad quick protein shake. It's a long story but I drank the sugar thing and could not tell the difference, but then later could not stop eating.

Anyhow, it got me thinking about how life is going lately lol and I decided that while I intend to continue to eat "sugar free" and "low glycemic," I don't want to really have the complexity in my life of being defined by them.

I dropped out of a sugar free challenge I was doing on FB. It's not as if I am making big sugar eating plans. I just don't want to state again and go on and on as I have in the past that I will never eat sugar again lol.

Am still bustin' sugar (and of course counting calories, exercising and generally TRYING to lose this stupid weight).

miniDoodles: I hear ye on liking food. I really do, too.

Toni48, I like a square of dark chocolate now and again, also. I think the monounsaturated fat in chocolate aids in flattening my abs.

CountryMom4Him
11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
:wave: Welcome to all the new members.

((Everybody)) Things are going well. I got off base for awhile but I'm trying hard to refocus.

Solly..praying that surgery went well. ((hugs))

Ellen...that is great about the new diet. So glad your numbers are going down. :hug:

Toni..I think eating in a way that you can do for the rest of your life is way better than any single plan. I eat WAY more things than when I was strictly following the SugarBuster diet. Not only is this more doable I've lost more weight than the first time around. An example would be the Tacos I had as a treat from Taco Bell. There was NOT way in the old days I would have touched it. I did, I enjoyed it and it was worth the calories. :) I do eat on the lower end of my calorie range though.

Dinner is calling. Hope Robert gets in from hunting soon. I didn't eat very much earlier and with the workout and running my tummy is talkin':dizzy:

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the weekend.

Ellen
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Today was really busy. My mother in law is up visiting for the weekend. Today we had a picnic for church for families. Both my daughters came, and my grandkids were there. My son in law, who was a chef, graciously did the grilling. We had fun. My back was killing me the whole time though. Its better now that I have had time to sit and relax and rest.

I need to get working on my kiln load of stuff and hopefully get it turned on tomorrow evening. I need to have some of the pieces out by Tuesday morning so my friend can take them to her daughter in Washington on Wednesday when she leaves. Ug! Its going to be close and if anything goes wrong, I am gonna be in deep do do. ;)

Diet is still going well. It was not too hard at the picnic to just eat meat. I passed on all the sides, and desserts, and s'mores. All I ate was a hamburger with no bun and some chicken skewers. Tonight I made some chicken salad with my eggless mayo and ate a bit of that for supper. I feel so stoked! I must say that once you really get off sugar and emplty carbs, its easier and easier to stay away from them! I did not feel deprived and I think the scale is gonna look good come weigh in Wednesday! woot!

Off to get an extra hour of sleep. I hope it helps my sore back!

Toni48
11-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Glad the week end is over. Worked hard today and got allot done in the house. Made DH a batch of pumpkin spice cookies and hope I stay out of them. Packed my lasagna up and froze it. So I'm set to healthy eating. I'm making lean pork chops and broccoli for dinner, maybe a salad too.

Ellen- Hope your back is better. I'm enjoying the time change. I popped right out of bed this morning extra early. The picnic sounds so good. It would be so nice to have someone else cook something yummy and healthy.

Crystle-Hope you're doing fine. And running lots....

Amanarantha- Hows it going? I'll have to try the sugar free slim fast. It would be nice to have something quck in the fridge.

mini doodle- Did you have a good week end. I have the worse time if candy is in the house.

Solly- Hope you're doing okay and your surgery went well.

My gosh its gloomy out....

Amarantha2
11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Ellen, hope your sleep helped the sore back.

Solly, also hoping thy surgery went well.

Mini Doodle, How is it going? Have a good week.

Country Mom, I feel that way about now eating beyond strict Sugar Busters. I do want to get to completely sugar free again, not there yet, thought I was last week but some things happened. I follow my own rules these days and feel more relaxed about it all.

Toni: It is going great for moi and hope for ye, too. I do love the sugar free/low carb slimfast. Just can't make that mistake again of grabbing the sugar version. I swear it is packaged EXACTLY alike.

I also had another accident, maybe this is all Freudian, dunno. I bought some sugar free cranberry soda because of still having the sweet craving from the day before and drank some of the soda, twice. Turns out IT was also the sugar version. I thought sure I had picked up the sugar free, which was right next to it in the cooler at Walgreen's.

I dumped the stuff on my property, left it in the dust lol.

Gloomy here, too.

Have a good week Sugar Buster folks!

Ellen
11-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Hello everyone! I took Tom to work today so I could use the car for a meeting at church. Meeting went well...but longer than I had hoped, so I did not get much done today with the car.

Back is still bothering me some...it did seem to improve some as the MIL pulled out of the driveway, so I am wondering if it is stress related. ;)

Just had some ham as a bedtime snack, and am about to head off to beddie bye! Hoping I sleep better than last night.

Good night! :wave:

Solly
11-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi ladies. i did a post last friday, but my computer would not post it. Still one handed typing. the dr didn't tell me that i would have a cast until this friday. thought it was going to be a splint. not sure i am going to do the right hand or not. waiting to check with my back dr.surgery must have worked, theand does not go numb.

its too hard to do posts so please excuse me. just wanted to let you know i was alive. oh, i do have both of my trees up and the rest of the house decorated exceot for mt staircase. waiting on my dd's help for that & she has one more week of school & tons of homework.

bye for now

Ellen
11-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone! Had a lazy day. Went to vote with Tom when he got home. The vote was in incorporate our area into a city. It passed. Then we went to some friends and I fixed dinner there for us. It was nice visiting with them as we had not seen them in ages.

Tonight I found a great low carb, gluten free cracker recipe. Its made with almond flour...so I tried it. SO yummy! It will make an excellent vehicle for cheese consumption! ;)

Unloaded the bisque kiln this afternoon. Everything came through ok, except on small tea cup with a slight crack in the bottom. Its unusual for that to happen with pieces that have a trimmed foot ring, so I was surprised, but its not a great loss. I can use it for glaze tests.

Its time for me to crawl into bed, so I will say good night! And I will try and remember to weigh in the morning! :wave:

Toni48
11-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Happy Wednesday all... Did awful this week. I'm having such trouble getting back to eating right. The good thing is I'm still walking on my treadmill. Today I'm determined to start again.

Ellen- Sounds like you're busy making stuff to sell. Do you still have your site on Etsy? Hows your back?

Solly- Good to hear from you. Rest that arm.... I'm glad it seems like it might have helped.

Amarantha- Hope you're having good days. That soda had to be better than the homemade cookies I got into. LOL

Finishing my coffee then having a yogurt before the treadmill....

babygrant
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
New here. No time to post tonight but will check back tommorow!

Solly
11-10-2011, 09:49 AM
just checkin in. cast comes off tomorrow, yeah. still hve not decided to dothe other hand or not.

toni, struggeling too. but i dont have stuff in the house bad to eat.keep walking!

ellen, hope your back is better. had to laugh that it got better as soon as mil left.

amarantha, hope you are having a dood day.

baby grant. welcome to our group.

anyone see yhe man on GMA this morning that lost 200 lbs in 10 months, all on his own. amAZING.

Alwaysbeenbig
11-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi all!

I'm glad that I found you. I have made the decision to remove added sugar from my diet. I watched the lecture "Sugar: The bitter truth" which really made the final choice for me. I am only on day one of getting the sugar out of my diet but I must say that I am really shocked at how many foods actually have sugar in them, and for absolutely no good reason that I can think of.
Oh and the withdrawal symptoms...well if they are on the list I am pretty sure that I have them. But hopefully it will get better within the next couple of weeks. :)

Toni48
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Good morning all. Watching a good old John Wayne movie. I need to cook some breakfast. I know we're both hungry. Also need to get something thawed for dinner. I'm so out of ideas.

:welcome::welcome: To the new ladies. Its good to have you aboard.....

Solly- I hope you're having a good week end. Did you get your cast off? Hows your wrist and arm. Didn't get to see that man but I think Dr. Oz is going to have him on. Not sure.

Have a great week end.

Ellen
11-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Good morning! The weekend has been kind of busy. Unloaded a glaze kiln yesterday. It had a few tests in it, and I was eager to see them. None of them were big winners, but it was fun.

The big deal of the weekend is that this diet is really working! It is so very strict, but I have been able to stick to so far, and the results are so motivating. This morning my blood sugar was in the target range my doctor wants it in. yay! And yesterday it was just a few points above normal!! woo hoo!

Its gray and cold here in Hotlanta. And I must go get ready to go to church. Will check in later!

:welcome: to ALWAYS, and BABY! So glad to have you!

Alwaysbeenbig
11-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm only on day three of no sugar, but I am feeling so good already!!! It's amazing how quickly removing sugar has helped me!

Definitely the best decision I have made lately :)

Solly
11-14-2011, 08:46 AM
hI LADIES

Cast is off, hand is a little sore, but going back at noon today to do the right hand. It was supposed to be Thursday and I had pretty uch decided against it and he decided to move it today. It give mes 4 more days to heal. Yesterday my hand was numb from just putting on makeup. So it was a justification for me. House is totally decored, cards are ready for stamps, half shopping is done and what I have it all wrapped. So now just to finish my one daughter and SIL.

Toni, eating has been horrible. I am starving now and I won't get to eat until around 4:00 or so. I hate afternoon surgeries.

Ellen, glad everything worked out in the kiln. Glad your diet is working.

Alwaysbeenbig, Welcome. You will fee so much better when you get sugar out of your body. You are right though,it is in everything. I count calories and at the end of the day it shows my breakdown and I am amazed at the sugar I consumed not knowing there was any sugar involved.

Off to shower and run a couple errands while I can still drive. Talk to you later.

Ellen
11-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Morning! Just flying by to say hello. Did not sleep all that great, and its tempting to crawl back in bed. I want to do a lot of things today though...especially in the garagio. I may get a kiln load ready to fire if all goes well. I have three new glaze recipes I need to test.

SOLLY: Wow! Are you able to use your one hand well enough to go ahead and do the other? My daughter had to wait three or four weeks in between her surgeries on her wrists. Then she had physical therapy on each one too. Praying for a speedy recovery for you!

Off to get something done! :wave:

Ellen
11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Good morning, Sugar Busters! I have a busy day today. I am cooking for the senior adults at church. The luncheon is actually tomorrow, but I am cooking today and leaving it in the fridge for someone to heat up and serve. Tomorrow is grandparent day at my grandson's school and I am having lunch with him! :)

I better get off here and head to Costco for the groceries, then to the church to cook! I hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

Solly
11-15-2011, 10:23 AM
hi ladies, cant type well butwanted to let you know surger went well. Venen got to go ear;t. Oly problem was finding a place to put the iv since te surger was on my right hand and that i s the only arm Ii can use due to the mastecomy. Feet did not work. Aanasthesiologist said left ad would be ok since it was 7 years ago and it was a 15 min. surgery & i was not getting much fluid. so we did, hope he was right. Call in to my oncologist to make sure and what to do if not.

Ellen, it was only 1 1/2 weeks since the left hand. It is a little sore but I can use it as long as I dont it the incision, We had to di it before the back surgery and my ins runs out. No therapy mentioned. I haven't been sleeping eit her, but I am scaredto n ap during the day or I won't sleep at night. Last night took a full ambien. I got a new cpap device, Itis amouth piece with 2 hoses that go in your nose. I'm noy sure about it but that mask drives me nuts. I will give it a try as soon as I can figure it out.

:wave:to all, sorry I can't type very well.

Toni48
11-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Having my coffee and getting ready to eat a yogurt and walk on the treadmill.

Ellen- You sure have a busy day ready for you. Hope the food making goes great.... And you don't get to tired.

Solly- Wow you've had a round with the surgeries. Glad for you they're over with. Now if you could just sleep huh.... Maybe you do need a little nap in the day.

Its rainy and gloomy here. Off to eat......

Ellen
11-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I am uber excited. This morning my blood sugar levels were almost normal! The lowest morning reading I have seen in over three years! I am SO glad to have found this program, and that finally something is working! Now if the scale will start moving downwards, life will be almost perfect!

I need to head out in just a few to go to my grandson's school for grandparent day. My daughter told me I could just carry my own lunch, so I did not have to worry about finding something I could eat. My grandson carries his...yay! I was worried I was going to have to eat french fries and mac and cheese! haha!

Have a great day everyone! :wave:

Ellen
11-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Kind of quiet in here... Blood sugar is holding at a good level. Lunch with the grandson was wonderful...he is SUCH a sweet little kid! Ran around all day, tho. Had two meetings after lunch, then potluck. Came home and wanted to trim and assemble a few teapots, but it was raining and nothing had dried enough. About to head down there this morning in hopes of getting them done before my lunch appointment. Gonna be in a show in three weeks..and feeling the pressure to get er done!

Will be back... :wave:

Solly
11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
hi, quick check. still have the cast so hard to type.

toni, one more major surgery to go, the 28th. be glad when that is over. That is it forever. i'm done. Sun is shining today.

Ellen, your grandson is adorable. saw your post pm fb. glad you had a good lunch. what is t he program you are doing? my friend can't get her BS down at all. I will tell her about it

have a great day.

Toni48
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Good morning. Not much going on here. We went grocery shopping yesterday and got the stuff for Thanksgiving. We've been invited out to friends house but I still like to make a little something here so we'll have leftovers. I'll just make a turkey breast and some sides.

Ellen- Your lunch with your Grandson sounds so nice. You're busy busy with the clay. By the way did you get some more clay? You're doing great with the blood sugar. Wish my sister would do something. But she just refuses to eat healthy.

Solly- It will be great when that last surgery is over. Lots of prayers going up for you. Glad your wrists are done. This is a better year coming up....

Time to go walk on the treadmill...

Ellen
11-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone! Spent all day in the garagio. A friend was supposed to come over and pick me up to go to lunch at 11, and never showed up. I messaged her and she finally replied at 7pm- she had forgotten! Argh!

TONI: Yes, Tom stopped today and got me 100 pounds of clay. That ought to be enough to last me until after the show the first week of December.

SOLLY: The book is Richard Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, and the Diabetes Solution Diet. Its very strict carbs, kind of like an Atkins induction, but it DOES work. I too could not control mine at all...and I was taking tons of meds. Its been in the target range my more conservative doctor wanted (lower that is) and well within the range my present, moderate doctor wants. I tried everything...and even insulin did not help. This works! Its hard, but it DOES work, and once you get on it, and past the first few days, its really easy. I am rarely hungry. And then I can go eat a snack if I have to. The author is a diabetic, and a doctor...he explains it all. Good read.

I need to go fix Tom's lunch and stuff, then hit the pillows! :wave:

Solly
11-21-2011, 10:52 AM
hi ladies, one more day with this cast. I can't wait. We go to my sisters for thanksgiving so I dont have to do anything.

Ellen, thanks for the info. I sent it to my friend. She is struggeling with her levels.

Toni, we went to the grocer y yesterday too. I only got things for this week though. I love a good lefttover turkey sandwich

Not sure if i will get back before my surgery. Have lots going on this week. I will try. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Toni48
11-21-2011, 12:23 PM
What a wet ole gloomy day. Sure does feel like winter time. I put a pork roast in the crockpot this morning to cook for burritos tonight. The onions smell so good cooking. Steve will love them. Walked on my treadmill this morning and got a load of wash going. Need to start getting the stuff out of the freezer for my dinner Wed. Then we go to friends house Thursday.

Ellen- Sounds like you're doing a great job and enjoying it with the clay. Are you still on Etsy?

Solly- I'm so happy you're getting your cast off. Thats nice you don't have to cook for Thanksgiving. I'm loving going to friends house. I'll be making some things to take.

Crystle where are you?

Ellen
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone! Went to water aerobics this morning, and came home and messed around a bit in the garagio before coming upstairs and hanging up my towel and suit. Just finished a second cup of espresso and nibbled on a few things to put off the hunger until my extra lean beef patty defrosts. The kiln is off, and almost cool enough to unload. Once I unload it, I need to start glazing. I have enough bisque stuff to run another load, but I want it to dry more first. I am worried about the lower shelves on the load cooling...I think some of the stuff was still pretty damp, which can cause things to crack and explode. I did not HEAR anything...but you never know until you look!

I am hoping things work out...but Tom found a car over the weekend. The owner is supposed to take it to our mechanic today. If he gives it the all clear, we will buy it. I was expecting him to find something for HIM, but this is MY dream car! He is such a sweetie! So I have my fingers crossed and praying it works out!

My daughter texted me to let me know she was laid off this morning. She was expecting it, but their timing, right before a holiday, is really kind, isn't it? She did not get a great severance package either. She is not sure what she will do, but is thinking of going back to school. Her husband can pick up more hours at his job, but finances will be tight for them. And if worse comes to worse, she can probably find another job easily. Her experience is very good, and specialized. (dental office )

I am off to work. I have angels to finish, and a kiln to unload! woo hoo!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

TONI: Yes, I am still on etsy. I have not listed much lately, but after this show on the 3rd, I will list whatever I don't sell. I have TONS of stuff done, ready to fire or glaze, so I hope to fill out my shop some. Its been pretty sparse for a while now.

Toni48
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all....

Ellen
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Forgot to stop in and say, I got a car! Woo hoo! I LOVE it...

Solly
11-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone, just balancing my checkbook before going to the hospital. Tomorrow is the day. bags are packed. 95% of shopping is done and wrapped. Very jittery today. Guess my nerves are starting. We have to be at the hosiptal oat 5:30 am but I am glad b/c I probably won't sleep anyway.

Ellen, sorry about your D. Timing sucks. Hope she can find something quickly.

Toni, hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Your burritos sound wonderful.

Off to get ready to go to Sam's with my DD. It will probably be a week or more before I can get back on here. Take care.

Toni48
11-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Solly- Tons of thoughts, prayers and love for you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow... I'm sure it will be fine. Don't blame you for being nervous. You're sure prepared. Wish I could cook you meals....

Ellen- Your car is beautiful. What kind is that?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I sure did with good friends and great food.

Ellen
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone! I got a message from Solly...she said that the surgery went well and she ought to be going home Thursday. Wanted to pass that along! :)

TONI: Its a Scion XB- the old body style (ie boxy!) I love it!

Ellen
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I subbed in the infants at the preschool again this morning. The regular teacher is on vacation. I had four babies eight months and under! Ai yi yi! Thankfully the other teachers are all very willing to help. The classes are small, and they just chilled with a baby in their arms when I had fussy ones and hungry ones at the same time. I won't get rich doing that, but it was nice for a change of pace.

This afternoon I have my student coming, then I have to go full speed into preparing and packing etc. for the show on Saturday. I will set up tomorrow evening. I am hoping to sell some stuff, but am resigned to the idea I probably won't sell much of anything.

The kiln is hot and I am waiting for it to cool enough to open it. I may wait and let my student help me. I think she will get a kick out of it.

My blood sugar was wonderful...then it popped back up 40-50 points. Not sure why...I wonder if I did not have a touch of a virus as I had some tummy disturbances. Or it may just be a hold over from last week, when I ate some stuff I should not have. Seems like its two steps forward, one and a half back all the time! :(

Hope everyone is well...

Ellen
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Show was Saturday...did great! Just ordered myself a new cellphone with my sales money. I was surprised, but I had a LOT more than last year. I did not buy anything this year. That helped!

We went out to a farm to meet the grandson and his parents to pick out a tree. We are not putting one up this year, so it was fun to go. The place had tons of chickens wandering around, goats and pot bellied pigs for the kids to pet, and a huge inflatable slide for them to play on. There were s'mores, hot cocoa and a hay ride. It was a groupon special, and I think the farm was overwhelmed at the response!

Time for me to head to bed. Hope everyone is doing well! :wave:

Toni48
12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
We decorated Saturday. Got our little tree up and some lights around the porch. Got to talk to my son in Iraq Sunday. Found out my daughter in law and Grandson are coming home for Christmas. This is such a hard time of the year. First Christmas without Teddy. I'm trying so hard to have the spirit but its hard with Teddy gone and Scott in Iraq. Just mopped the kitchen floor. Whole house smells like pinesol....

Ellen- Its great you did good at the fair. Sounds like a wonderful day with the Grandson.

Solly- Hope you're doing good and healing well.

Crystle- How are you doing? Nice you got to spend time with the Grandkids.

Need to go hide a new present that came in the mail for DH....

Solly
12-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi ladies. First time downstairs to the computer. I came home on Thursday. I actually feel great. I still have some leg pain but hopefully time will take care of it. I have been out to dinner and then to Kohl;s (in a wheelchair) but getting out. I didn't expect to feel this good.

Ellen, glad you had such a good showing. Why no tree for you this year?

Toni, my heart breaks for you. I don't know how you survive the loss of a child. Try to be positive.

Off to pay some bills.

Ellen
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello, ladies! Waiting for my new cellphone to be delivered. I was going to go to the market today, but I have to be here to sign for the package, and I couldn't bear waiting another day! haha!

SOLLY: Good to see you posting! I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope the recovery is quick and easy! No tree for us because we are going to our daughter's for Christmas anyway...and it is just so much work! I think both of us are a bit bah humbug..and holidays make me a little sad with the situation with our son. We have some decorations up...and yesterday my sweet hubby brought me home a poinsettia.

TONI: I am so sorry about Teddy. I know it is so hard to go through these holidays the first time, and still dealing with the grief...and we really think of family and memories at Christmas. Keeping you and yours in my prayers. I am glad your daughter in law and grandson will be home for the holidays. ((hugs))

Off to do something productive! :wave:

Toni48
12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Guess I'll wrap some gifts today. Was going to go shopping but it snowed a little last night so hubby wanted me to wait a day in case the roads were slick. The sun just peeked out so it should melt this white stuff. Lots I can do in the house. I've also got to get a box together for Scott. Hopefully it will get there by Christmas.

Ellen- Oh boy a new cell phone. Hope you love it. Bet you will have a good day going to your daughters for Christmas.

Solly- Hope you are resting and doing good.

Crystle- Hope you're having a good Birthday....

Ellen
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Ran around and did the shopping for the kids event at church Saturday...its called Breakfast with Mary and Joseph and its all themed on the nativity. Its pretty cute...and they bring in live animals and have someone dressed as Mary and Joseph, and tell the Christmas story. I am helping with it, and especially helping the kitchen crew. We are making waffles with strawberries and whipped cream..pseudo Belgian ones!...and baking bacon. I also have to make sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.

I am pretty tired...I took one of my sleeping pills last night and slept MUCH better than I have in a while. I am hoping I won't need one for a while now...and I feel sleepy so I better head towards the bed!

:wave: Night!

Solly
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi girls. just came down to pay some bills so thought I would check in. Feeling a little sore today. We went to a party Sat night and I stood alot and then yesterday the girls and Ibaked all day. So probably over did itsome. Had to go get a steriod shot in my hand. the dr had told me it was tendonitis bt the nurse practioner said it was arthritis. They did xrays and she said I had bone on bond in my wrist and thum. So got the steriod shot (which hurt) but hoping it takes care of it. Done, Done Done as the commercial says with doctors and healthg problems that is.

Ellen, what a cute idea the breakfast was. I like that. Hope it was fun for you. Did you get an Iphine? Hope you are liking it whatever it is.

Toni, snow? all we have had is rain. It is beautiful today. Just took the dog for a walk around the block. I think rain is coming back on Wed.

Crystle, hope you had a great birthday.

My good friend's mother passed away so we have to go to the funeral hometonight. I plan to sit alot. She was 92 and she and her husband had been married 76 years. That is unheard of. Bad thing is, he is 96, and still drives! Have a good week. I get to keep my grandson 2 days this week so I won't be bored anyway. Have a good week.

Toni48
12-14-2011, 05:09 PM
I've had computer problems so haven't been able to get on here. My computer crashed and I lost all my information I've had for years. Just made me sick. Don't know how I'll ever get it all back. Or if I ever will. Its been a beautiful 60 here for one day. We also got some rain. Its getting closer to when my company will be coming and I've got so much to do and not getting any of it done. LOL.... Eating is not good. But still walking on my treadmill. Better get off here computer is acting up and I'm having trouble.

Ellen
12-16-2011, 09:46 AM
What a sad little group we have become. I have been crazy busy. I went yesterday and did a craft in my grandson's class. The kids loved it, and the teacher was impressed, which is what my daughter was hoping for. They made little snowmen out of small flower pots with a wood ball glued on the bottom, then spray painted white. I got the idea online, so I can't take credit for it, but it went well.

Wednesday, I cooked for the senior adults. Today I am heading down to the big farmer's market as I MUST get some groceries....I hardly bought anything the past two weeks I was so busy and Tom claims he is going to starve if I don't start feeding him! Silly man....

Christmas presents for out of town family are going to be seriously late. I ought to go down and throw some things this morning...I still may. And I have two paintings to do too. Argh! Where did the time go? And there is NO way the paintings can be done and dried and shipped before probably new years...

Eating was bad for a few days. I ate cookies and party foods, but I am back on the straight and narrow. My blood sugar went up some, but its coming back down much quicker then ever before. I am encouraged.

Hope everyone is doing well. Really do miss you all...

SOLLY: I got an iPhone 4s. I LOVE it. I can hold it up to my ear while driving and tell the voice assistant what I want to do, and she does it! I can now text, and email and make calls without having to touch buttons and be distracted. I LOVE it. Enjoy your grandson! They grow up SO fast!

TONI: Oh, I feel your pain on the computer crash! There are places that can get your information off a crashed hard drive. Do you have any best buys near you? I would call around...if the info is important to you, it might be worth it. I had that happen, and I lost a lot of stuff. What made me the most upset were the pictures I lost. My husband is a computer programmer and he was not very sympathetic...he always is harping on backing up and often...

Solly
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
had just aminute before my DD picks me up to go with her to inish her shopping. I think I over did it cleaning so my back has been jurting. Better today. I go to the dr tomorrow.

Toni, how alwful about your computer. My DD's is acting up too. She needs to take it somewhere. Enjoy your company.

Ellen, Hope you get your gifts finished. Sounds like fun with your grandson. We are a pitiful g roup, but we are friends. That is all that matters. Tyring to decide if I want a Kindle Fire or and Ipad2. I really want the Ipad but don't want to spend that much money. I got a $300 gift certificate from Anthem so that would buy the Kindle Fire. It may be all I need.

In case I don't get back. A Blessed & Merry Christmas to all of you. May we be friends for a long time. Love you guys.

Toni48
12-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I just lost my whole post. Dang it. So I'll just wish you ladies Merry Christmas. And I love you ladies. Thanks for being my friends and all the wonderful support you've given me through the years....

shortstuff5
12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Good morning all. I haven't been on here in a while. I used to do sugar busters several several years ago. I am back to start again. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I see some of the old users are still here, which I am glad to see. Any pointers to get started and get my head on straight, since it has been awhile. Is there a place where you still go to post your menus? I can't wait to get started. Thank you all in advance for any advice.

Ellen
12-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey everyone! Still crazy...had trouble with my last kiln load, and feeling discouraged. BUT...my MIL sent us money for Christmas, and I put my part towards what I saved and ordered a new wheel! Mine is very old and beginning to lose sensitivity to speed...I am uber excited! When it comes, I will probably switch to porcelain. I am tired of the problems I am having with my present clay body. :(

Shortstuffs, welcome! Getting back into it...just take one day at a time. Best advice I ever got was to stay legal...even if it meant a whole box of triscuits. You can do the portion control after you get over the sugar cravings. Glad to have you join us. Our little corner ought to pick up a bit after the holidays. Go ahead and post menus here. This is our only thread now. Our forum was deleted about a year ago.

:wreath: Have a wonderful holiday everyone! :tree:

cptcrnch
12-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi! Brand new to sugar busting and this awesome website! Recently was diagnosed as insulin resistant/pre diabetic....Def. Having some high sugar issues. Read the S.Busting book, but it seems pretty general to me...can anyone recommend a list of specific food products/name brands of items that fit the Sbusting guidelines? Seems like no HFCS or no bleached or refined flour is a tall order in todays grocery stores. Maybe a list of exactly what to buy to get me started.....Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! I really like what I've read. Thanks! -Jr

Ellen
12-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Welcome, Cptcrunch! Sugarbusters is great for getting the insulin issues under control. I am sure others will chime in...this is just the slowest time of the year for this group, so don't give up on us! :)

I have a number of favorites that might help you in your shopping:

Triscuits
Ak Mak crackers
Nature's Own whole wheat bread
Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal (or store brand, just NOT instant or quick cooking)
Motts Unsweetened Applesauce
Any brand of 100% Bran Flakes
Alexis brand sweet potato fries (in moderation!)
Stoneyfield Organic plain yogurt- you can add fresh berries if you don't like plain
Lundberg organic brown rice- there are several varieties, Jasmine is good-I do not eat rice though. It raises my blood sugar a LOT.
In the produce section:
apples, oranges, pears, etc.
celery, lettuce, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower,
sweet potatoes (but don't eat them too often)
dairy-chose plain without added sugars
Lean Cuisine has some whole grain varieties, often labeled for South Beach. Just read the labels. You want to make sure there is not added sugar, and that there is three grams or less of sugar per serving. No enriched flours, or wheat flours- that is just another name for white flour. Make sure it says 100% whole grain. You can have 100% juice, but its way better to eat a piece of fruit as the fiber helps slow down the absorption of the sugars.

Ok, that is all I can think of right now. Its early for me...I just couldn't sleep! :)

Welcome again...very glad to have you join us.

Toni48
12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Welcome new ladies. Having some tooth ache problems and can't get into the dentist for two weeks. Ugh.... Christmas was great but ate to much and to many sweets. Hopefully I'll get back on the treadmill tomorrow. Everyone left my house today so I'm trying to rest up and get some Christmas stuff put up. I need to shop for some healthy food. Tonight is taco soup. Made with lean hamburger, beef broth, rotel tomatoes, taco seasoning, light cream cheese and fat free cream.

Ellen
12-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Hello! Just hanging out for a bit until its time to leave. We are having dinner with our daughter and son in law. On the way, I am hoping to stop at the kiln manufacturer near their house and check out their scratch and dent area. I am not ready to buy yet, but I want some info to go on as to how much I need to save. A friend called Tom to chat, so I am losing hope we will have time! He has been on the phone for 30 min.!!! (not like my usual quiet husband!)

Trying to get back on track with eating. I, like you Toni, ate too much and too many sweets. It sure is hard getting back on the straight and narrow, isn't it?

:wave: Catch you all later!

Toni48
12-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Put a roast in the crockpot this morning. Hope its good. We're having a little better weather this week. Its 40 now. Eating still isn't great. Hope I get ahold of it soon..

Ellen- Hope your dinner was good.....

Solly
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi ladies. Been busy putting Christmas decorations away and cleaning this house. Took me almost 3 hours to get the living room back together with moving furniture and cleaning floors. At least eveything is back together.

Ellen, sorry yout your kiln stuff. That is so frustrating. Glad you are getting a new wheel though.

Toni, hope you had a great time with your company.

Cptcrnch - Ellen gave you some great tips. Stayb legal. It really helps. Exercise if you can. Boards are slow right now but will pick up.

Shortstuff, welcome back. Yes we have all been here for so long. Glad you found us. Take one day at a time.

My SIL is having foot surgery today so waiting to hear from my DD. He will be laid up for 6 weeks. Fun fun. Have a great weekend and Happy New Year

Ellen
01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Hello, and happy new year, buster buddies! We spent a relatively quiet evening in, and watched Doc Martin episodes until midnight. Its a British comedy series about a doctor in Cornwall who has terrible social skills, but is a brilliant doctor. Its what they call a dramedy. We are so hooked, we have watched at least ten episodes in the past four days. Its on Netflix streaming, but its also on PBS, and Hulu....

Today we have an open house to go to. The hostess is a chef, so the food will probably be amazing. I am just hoping to eat as low carb as possible. I have had a terrible time eating right and my blood sugar is not so great the past week. Will be very happy to return to normal routine.

We did not make it to the kiln place in time. They closed about five minutes before we got up there. I was terribly annoyed. Guess I will drive up there one day this week or the next.

Hope everyone is doing well! :wave:

shortstuff5
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
thanks for the warm Welcome backs. I can't wait to get started on sb again. Starting today as 1st day. I still know what to eat and not to eat, but think I might just re-read my SB book.
Yeah I liked to not find this SB section. I had to search for it. I am glad you are still here, even old section has been deleted. I have found you again. Yeah.

shortstuff5
01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Happy New Year to everyone. Gonna be a good SB year.

Ellen
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
I am starting a new thread for 2012. Find it here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/249628-bustin-sugar-2012-a.html#post4154258