Weight Loss Support - I gave up two weeks ago

View Full Version : I gave up two weeks ago

blueice10
08-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Like I said I gave up. I am only losing a pound a month so I finally chucked it all and ate what I wanted and I stopped excersising. I have gained 6 pounds in those two weeks. It took me months to lose the weight and two miserable weeks to gain it back.
I am back here because I have decided to try again, knowing I can only lose a pound a month. It's because of the seroqeul I am taking it causes weight gain. I went to the doctor and they checked me and they can find nothing wrong with me so it is the medicine. Think of a lot of cuss words and you'll get an idea how I feel. My brother asked how much I wanted to lose and when he smiled yes smiled and said it would take 8 years for me to lose the weight I got a extremely sick feeling in my gut. 8 years. 8 YEARS!:(
Still yet I am going to go back to figuring every pound is a victory and start again. I was down to 206 now I am 212.:(
It will take me, well, forever at this rate but I eventually will be skinny. And I am going to try what my sister and her husband are doing, low carbs, no bread, crackers, etc. etc. she is down to 177 and she used to weigh more than me. So I will pray that this will help, though I doubt it. But it can't hurt to try can it.
Wish me luck I am going to need it.
I was limiting my calories between 1200 to 1600 a day and at least walking 30 minutes a day plus weight lifting up to an hour a day three days a week. sometimes I would do a leslie sanone dvd. I just have to get back to it. I started back about an hour a go by walking the dog. I hated it but I did it.
Everyone here seems to find success somehow, no matter how many times you start over I just have to get moving again.
So without further ado here's to the next 8 or hopefully less years being a success for me. I can't quit the seroquel it works to good for me. I have a choice of being truely crazy or the size I am. I choice the sane course.
Thanks for reading I just had to write this down so it would be a official restart for me. I can do this, I think!

NEMom
08-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome back! I am sorry that your weight loss progress is so slow due to things outside of your control but good for you for coming back and trying again. Keep at it. The weight will come off and you will feel so much better!

blueice10
08-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Thank you! And you are right I will feel better. Thanks!

Mimi123
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Good luck blueice! Remember it's not about how fast you lose weight, just think about how great you'll feel when you've lost weight in general :)

blueice10
08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks Mimi!

PreciousMissy
08-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Actually, I think you should congratulate yourself! Think about the weight you would have gained because of the medicine had you not been eating properly and exercising!

You saw how easily you gained weight when you stopped doing the right things, think of how many people do gain weight when they start the medicine. Loosing the 1lb per month is a victory!!!

blueice10
08-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks! I guess it is a victory of sorts. And people had already started comenting that I looked slimmer. I just have to get back to work. And exercising can be fun. At least the weight lifting part, and I like walking outside with the sun shining on me. Perks me right up1:D
I think in fact I will go walking right now, I just got done weight lifting. Feels good to get back in the groove of things. I can do this!

sandcar150
08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
One way to try to look at it is...8 years is going to go by no matter what. So you can choose to stay on plan during that time and reach goal weight or just keep eating and not exercising and probably put on even more weight. Besides, it's not set in stone that you will only lose one pound each month. There may be a few months a year where you lose 3-4, especially when you start adding more muscle which will allow you to burn more calories all day and night.

Plus, exercising while dieting helps you look like you've lost more than you have. That's a big plus.

All my best to you!!!

blueice10
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks Sandy!
Exercising diffently helps. I feel better already after getting back on the wagon. My muscles in my arms are burning after lifting weights for the first time in two weeks. Two weeks wow how time flies. I feel like doing more but I don't want to hurt the muscles in my arms. I have all this energy now. I sorta feel like jumping up and down though that would be silly. I will probably do a leslie sanone dvd. that usually wears me out.
I also feel like talking a lot right now not sure why. It is probably the exercise. It always gives me energy. If nothing else I feel better and it's good for my heart. I will have to look at this post tommorrow so I don't give up again. If nothing else I am making myself healthier. PLUS PLUS for me. Feel better look better. Ok i will shush now. I should probably call my boyfriend and talk his ear off and give you all a break.;)

blueice10
08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh and Sandy your skeleton is creeping me out a little.:dizzy: though that is probably the idea. hehehe

JOLINA
08-31-2011, 07:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON HANGING IN THERE!

:hug:

Whether you lose 1 pound per week or 1 per month, this is still going to be a lifelong endeavor.
Once you lose all the weight, you then must stay on maintainance.

I am losing 1 pound every week, and I am not that thrilled about it, it seems so slow. I eat 1575 calories a day and log it all on LoseIt.com.

But I still have to maintain my goal weight eventually, no matter what....and for years I'll have to jot down every little bite that goes into my mouth....sigh....

So it might take you a little longer to get to your goal, but you will get there in due time.

Everyone on this website is choosing to be thinner. We are all in it for the long haul.

:)

Weight is the sum of all your choices.

blueice10
08-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks Jolina!

Lovely
08-31-2011, 08:21 PM
I have to echo what others have said.

You're underselling yourself. Maintaining and even losing a pound a month is a HUGE VICTORY not a "sorta" victory. It's a HUGE VICTORY, because in 8 years you'll have lost 100 pounds instead of gained 100 pounds.

We don't get to choose our struggles in life. Here you are playing with the cards you were dealt and doing something about what you do want to change. That's strength! :yes:

puneri
08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
bluice10,
Increase water to 10 glasses a day. Try kettleball swings, that will increase heart rate with weight lifting. Do jumping jack for 30 sec and then do 1 set of weightlifting. What I mean is do weightlifting when hear rate is up. If possible do elliptical and try to keep heart rate in heart burning range.
It wont require 8 years. I am sure. if you enlist your diet here, I am sure people will help you to correct it. Good luck and do not loose heart.We are here for eachother.

puneri
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Correction:
It is not heart burning but fat burning zone.

thinner
08-31-2011, 08:52 PM
i had about a year where i was busting it with food and gym, adn i lost average ONE HALF pound per week!!!:((( it was 17 pounds for the entire year:( but i knew i couldnt quit. and i stumbled on to some weights classes and that's when my body started to change.

sandcar150
08-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh and Sandy your skeleton is creeping me out a little.:dizzy: though that is probably the idea. hehehe

LOL...yeah, she exercised TOO much and got way too skinny. Don't go to that extreme. :D

kaplods
09-01-2011, 02:07 AM
It's taken me 7 years to lose the 93 lbs I've lost so far. The first 8-12 months I lost 20 lbs without trying (a result of sleep apnea treatment, and the first time I ever lost weight without trying. I didn't weigh myself at all druing that time, I just found out when I had my first checkup after being given the cpap machine. My doctors said it could happen, but I thought they were nuts).

I decided to only make healthy changes that I was willing to commit to indefinitely even if they resulted in zero weight loss - and for the first two years that's what I got, zero weight loss (but I maintained the 20 lbs loss, which actually was something I had never done in 30 years of dieting. I always was either rapidly gaining or rapidly losing, or maintaining my highest weight. I'd never lost weight and maintained it before.

When I did start losing, it was really slow, and I complained to my husband, "at this rate, it will be ten years before I get the weight off, and my husband said "and if you quit, how much will you weigh in ten years?"

And when I griped to my doctor that I was only losing one pound per month, and that I should be losing "at least 2 lbs a week like a normal person," my doctor reminded me that normal people don't lose 2 lbs a week. Normal people lose nothing or gain, because they give up. Just by not giving up, I would be at the head of the pack, not in last place where I felt I was.

The only thing I really gave up, was giving up. I vowed that I would put weight maintenance above everything else, including weight loss. It's made it much harder to decide that I've "blown it," and might as well go off my diet in a big way. By reminding myself that every pound counts, I still make lots of mistakes, but I've stopped turning little mistakes into huge ones.

I've decided that weight loss is like climbing a mountain, and if you slip and stumble, throwing yourself off the mountain so you can start fresh tomorrow or Monday, wouldn't make sense. So I don't do it with dieting and exercise either. A mistake is just a mistake, I brush myself off and keep moving in the direction I'm headed. I may be often be crawling or even stopping to rest now and again, but I'm always facing the right direction, and at least holding my ground.

It may take ten years to get all the weight off, it may take twenty, it's even possible that I may never get it all off - but even so every pound counts. There's been so much I've gained in health, stamina and pain relief that even if I never lose another pound, it wouldn't justify giving up. All the progress I've made so far, is worth keeping even if I never make any further progress. I'd rather stay at 301 forever, than regain even a single pound (although boy am I anxious to get under 300 lbs. I haven't been under 300 lbs in almost 20 years, and even then I only managed it for a few months).

Meeel4121
09-01-2011, 02:38 AM
I've decided that weight loss is like climbing a mountain, and if you slip and stumble, throwing yourself off the mountain so you can start fresh tomorrow or Monday, wouldn't make sense. So I don't do it with dieting and exercise either. A mistake is just a mistake, I brush myself off and keep moving in the direction I'm headed. I may be often be crawling or even stopping to rest now and again, but I'm always facing the right direction, and at least holding my ground

Beautiful words - you're persistence and dedication is really inspiring :)

Beach Patrol
09-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I've decided that weight loss is like climbing a mountain, and if you slip and stumble, throwing yourself off the mountain so you can start fresh tomorrow or Monday, wouldn't make sense. So I don't do it with dieting and exercise either. A mistake is just a mistake, I brush myself off and keep moving in the direction I'm headed. I may be often be crawling or even stopping to rest now and again, but I'm always facing the right direction, and at least holding my ground.

YES!
You know, kap, sometimes you just say the "right perfect thing" at the "right perfect time" that I need to hear it. And DOUBLE QUADRUPLE YAY for your 94 lb loss! I'm so happy & excited for you!!! :congrat:

blueice10
09-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Kaplods and everyone else THANK YOU!!
Kaplods thank you! You are right and congratulations on your persistence and achievement! You are doing so awesome! I can only hope that I can emulate you. I just don't want to be 46 before I look good again. It's the vain me talking on that one. I love the idea of the health that working out gives me but I want to look like I did at 30, HOT! Or at least I thought so. No guys noticed me but I thought I looked great! HOT in fact. I still remember turning while changing clothes and seeing myself naked in the mirror and the first word that popped into my mind was I'm hot. Then I admired myself for a minute thinking how grand I looked. I do not look anything like that now and truthfully even if I lost all this weight I would not look that way again but it would be nice if I did, which I won't.
Anyhow it's just the vain part of me complaining. I love to exercise, who knew? I would even like to start running, if I could find a sports bra that worked the one I have now is no help. If I double up bras it helps some but they still bounce. I wear a 42G or something along those lines. I was a 44I so they are shrinking just not enough to find a bra that works:(
But back to the subject at hand. I will try to have your attitude Kaplods. It certainly can't hurt to think like you. Thank you yet again.
And everyone else thank you for responding! I appreciate all thoughts and suggestions. Thank you!
:hug::hug:

diegroblers
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Loads of :hug: s and loads of good luck. You will get there. Think of it this way - like someone else said, 8 years WILL pass. You have a choice: To, at the end of that 8 years, to weigh 117lbs, or to weigh 312 lbs. Sounds brutal, but it is a choice.

Good luck and all the best!

blueice10
09-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Thank you diegroblers!

fatmad
09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
BLue: I can really understand the frustration. I don't lose easily or quickly. But I did lose. I haven't lost anything in the last year. BUT, I have maintained. And that is a victory in itself. Maintaining a lower weight is better than gaining, thats for sure. SO don't sell yourself short, losing weight or maintaining, with the meds you are on, you are doing great.

H82Sweat
09-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Have you tried this brand of sports bra?

http://enell.com/

runningfromfat
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
This bra isn't quite in your size yet (you're measuring your band size as your underbust, right?) but it works really well for me and I'm probably something like a 32H at the moment (it's not even the exact right fit since I've lost more weight since buying it). The largest is goes to is a 38FF (equivalent to a 38H in the US) but I thought I would mention it since it's worked really well for me.

FWIW, I've lost ~2lbs/month for awhile now. Occasionally, I'll get a whoosh but for this whole year (since Jan.) I've only lost 15-20lbs. It's slow going but as long as I keep it up I keep going in the right direction and that matters more to me than anything else. Think about it this way, if you keep this up for a year you'll be at Onderland! 12lbs can already make a HUGE difference in how you feel about your appearance.

Also, if you're lifting (and even without the best bra in the world that's not too hard), your appearance is going to change a lot more for those pounds lost than without. ;)

I think it's really commendable that you came back. It took me a long time to realize that slow and steady wins the race but it can and does.

Magalo
09-01-2011, 10:42 PM
I suggest you to up your intake, it seems low for someone 200+ pounds; maybe your body feel like starving. And try intervals walking/jogging :) Good luck!

Gale02
09-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Try to remember, too, that you will feel and look better on the way down - not only when you get to goal. The benefits don't just kick in once you hit that magic number, they present themselves all along the journey!

Good luck, keep on keepin' on!

Gale02
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Enell does take custom orders, FWIW. I LOVE my Enell!