Weight Loss Support - Been at it for 8 months now

View Full Version : Been at it for 8 months now

berryblondeboys
08-31-2011, 12:26 PM
And it's feeling great! The rate of loss has slowed down considerably, but it's still coming down. My fitness level keeps getting better and better and most importantly, I think I have found a groove.

Sure, there are days that are harder than others (hormones and lack of sleep anyone?), but I'm surprised how those 8 months flew by!

As school is starting and the teachers are seeing me again after a few months, they are asking me all types of questions and say I look great.

The best is that my husband finally giving me compliments on how I look too. After over a decade of never hearing "You are pretty" it means the world to hear it now. I knew he always loved me, but he also is extremely honest. He won't say I look great if I don't. He's not some "I need perfection in my mate" kind of guy, but it really bothered him that I was so unhealthy in my weight and my eating and my fitness level. He wanted a partner for life and was afraid that he wouldn't have that with my weight/fitness issues. As a side benefit, he's started working out too and we even do some of that together - and it's helping us grow closer together as we get healthier.

It's a shame it took a health scare to jump start this weight loss journey, but I'm glad I did have that scare because I'm finally doing what I should have done a long time ago.

4 more months (actually 3.5 months) to get to my goal weight of 175. Not that I 'have' to get there by that time, but to get there by my birthday would be a huge gift to myself... not that this already isn't a huge gift to myself. And when I get there, I will 100 less than I was 10 years ago.

Anyway... some days are tough, but the journey has been much smoother than I could have ever imagined.

NTexas
08-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Congrats on your progress! Sometimes it's very motivating to see how far you have come to give you the strength to finish it out. At least you know your husband really does notice your improvements - now go get sexy!

gagalu
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
congrats!!! the year has really flown by for me too. the longer i do this, the more confident i feel that i can keep it up. perhaps the weight loss slowing down is a bit of a mixed blessing? it makes the idea of maintenance all the more comfortable for me.

NEMom
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
A HUGE congrats on your progress! You have done a wonderful job. Enjoy all those compliments! You deserve them.

April Snow
08-31-2011, 01:28 PM
great post and congrats on all the wonderful progress you've made!

(and btw, I am using my birthday as a goal date too - not sure what I want my final goal to be yet, but hoping to be around it for my birthday in April!)

LeslieB
08-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Congratulations !! You are truly inspirational !!

runningfromfat
08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Congratulations! You're really close to your goal now and I hope you make it there soon!

I've enjoyed reading your posts while you've been here and I'm glad that it's made your weight loss possible. I hear you on the health scare that has happened to two of my family members and BOTH of them kept off the weight afterwards!

FatNoMore03
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
way to go! :)

PreciousMissy
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Those are all great reasons for me to stay on plan! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success!