Old 08-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Calorie help based on my stats..

Hi, I'm currently 5'7 and 250. I'm really trying to get to at least 170. Any clue on what my daily calolories should be? any tips?

Last edited by Nonster; 08-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Nonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I suggest you sign up with myfitnesspal, a calorie and exercise tracking website. When you set up an account (and afterwards if your goals change) you enter your info and how much you would like to lose per week and it tells you how many calories to eat to achieve that goal. It's what I'm using now and it makes it so much easier to do.
megmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: see ticker

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

•If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
•If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
•If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
•If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
•If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

You can use google to get your BMR ... find out how many calories you burn a day, it is an average. Then create a deficit. It takes appx. 3500 calories to equal a pound, so you set your calories based on how fast you want to lose and what you can live with, etc. Recommendations are to try to lose no more than 1-2 lbs a week and not go under 1200 calories. I myself am losing at a much faster rate, but I am just starting, and I have alot to lose. Also it is said the slower you lose the better your skin does, just some tips. Good luck!!!
SoDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7

Thanks yall Ill check out the website and google my bmr. I dont know why but Im already feeling overwhelmed. Just the word diet makes me feel all rebellious. Ugh. I think im going to start sept with cutting out fast food and my daily latte..and hopefully hit the ymca for some daily walking while the kids are at school. October is when I plan to start the calorie counting and really hope to hop up my activity with some zumba I'm really glad to be here. I dont feel so alone.
Nonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

Don't feel overwhelmed, keep it simple. Its not a diet, its a way of life, and healty food choices that will help you lose weight and keep it off. Start small ... drink water, eat whole healthy foods and fruits and veggies and lean protein. If you drink soda's or eat fast food try to cut it out. Make sure the calories you are getting are healty calories. The hard part is finding out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight, and finding a plan you can live with!!! You can do it!!!
SoDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote