Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/29 - 9/04

Diana3271
08-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Everyone start checking in so we will know you are OK. I hope no one lost power from the storm. (or anything worse for that matter)

Hmm, what happened to August? It just flew by!

Does anyone have any special goals for September?

My goal is to continue to maintain within my maintenance range.

Any one have any plans for Labor Day?

DH has plans to go bird hunting. We plan on going to some restaurants that we haven't been to in a long time. It will feel like a staycation. I might up the intensity of my workouts or change them up some since I won't be 100% on plan with my eating next weekend. I know the extra workouts don't make that much of a difference, but it makes me feel a little better. ;)

shishkeberry
08-28-2011, 11:16 PM
We're just fine here. We had rain all day and night yesterday, but we had a beautiful day after noon or so. There was a nice breeze and no humidity.
My goal for September is to just keep on keeping on. I'd like to lose another ten by October, but I'll take anything.

shellsbrood
08-28-2011, 11:29 PM
My plan for Sept is to get back into the exercise groove. I have no real weight goals. I wouldn't mind seeing the 160s, though. :D

Irene ended up being a tropical storm by the time she passed over us. We have a lot of flooding (a bunch or roads closed), but we didn't lose power.

Today's Info:

30 min Jillian's NMTZ (I hated it!)

Breakfast: Cheerios, banana, milk, coffee
Snack: Chocolate :D
Lunch: Lentil chips and hummus, greek yogurt
Snack: 1/2 serving of almonds
Dinner: Pasta w/ veggies
Snack: Popcorn

Calories: 1600 (I was SO hungry today!)

berryblondeboys
08-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Well, tomorrow was supposed to be the first day of school. However, 27 of the 72 schools in the county are still without power and there are a lot of downed trees and branches to be cleared from roads and sidewalks. So, no school tomorrow.

Little guy is upset about it. Older son has the flu (and it's his birthday tomorrow), so I think he's happy it's delayed today. Who wants to miss the first day of class and then have all that explaining to do the next day?

Larry H
08-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Yea!! the scale granted me a 2 pound loss today to a new low of 213

Rain all day so no exercise today

My 6th week of Calorie Cycling

8/28/11 - Sun -goal 1281 calories - actual was 1254 (133 over) :D I will take that. As Diana pointed out I am usually under my daily goal.

I bought an Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn popper. You can use oil or use it dry. It works good and I like it :D:D

My sodium was 1385 mg which is 615 mg under my goal of 2000 mg :carrot:

Lunch
Spaghetti - 488 calories & 387 mg sodium
Garlic bread - 219 calories & 403 mg sodium

Afternoon snack
Del Monte light fruit cocktail can - 210 calories & 35 mg sodium

Dinner
BLT Sandwich - 202 calories & 506 mg sodium

Late snack
Popcorn no oil and no salt - 120 calories & 0 sodium
15 Radishes - 15 calories and 55 mg sodium

Larry,

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Have a great day and a fantastic week!

Weigh In: 144.8
Down: .4

shishkeberry I'm glad to hear you are safe and the storm passed your area. It's funny how the weather is usually very nice after a storm like that.

Shells Is NMTZ a new workout for you? What didn't you like? Maybe it a Jillian thing. :lol: Some people don't like her style. I only have 1 of her workouts. Glad to hear you didn't lose power.

Berry I hope you DS is feeling better today from the flu. I also hope the flu doesn't make the rounds in the family.

Larry Great job on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

zoodoo613
08-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Morning!

We woke up to no power yesterday, but it came back by late morning. A friend around the corner from me said his was off into the afternoon, and I'm not sure whether he has it back yet or not. There was a tree on the wires (I thought the culprit for my outage. Obviously not.) a few blocks away that they were working on when I was leaving for work. We're still under a flood advisory, but I don't expect my town to be affected much.

I didn't get much exercise yesterday, but my son and I went out for a brief bike ride in the rain, and I took a walk to look at the downed tree.

shellsbrood
08-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Diana--I'm not a Jillian fan, but someone let me borrow the workout, so I thought I'd try it. I don't know what it was, but I hated every minute. Not to mention I can't plank to save my life, must less do different exercises while in the plank position. So, I guess I'm back to the drawing board! I checked out my Tae Bo DVDs (I got a bunch for $25 once) and some say they're specifically for body sculpting, so I guess I'll try that one tonight and see.

When I was in college, I took a weightlifting class and LOVED it. I don't have the money or time to go to the gym, but I sure wish I could do something like that now.

Weigh in went better this morning! I'm down to 171.2...not far from my 170.8 low. I have a final and power point presentation tonight. Wish me luck!! :book2:

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Zoodoo I'm glad the power is back on for you. Have a great day.

Shells Good luck with your presentation tonight! You probably just need to find a weight lifting workout that you like. I hate weights. Here are some workouts that I seem to click with.

This one is weights and cardio and has great premixes. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-circuit-burn-5896

I like the second workout on this one called Powersculpting: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-lift-5886

Here another one that I do: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-weights-7991

This one combines weights and cardio: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/bob-harpers-ultimate-cardio-body-5992

Another cardio/weights http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/michelle-dozois-peak-10-cardio-strength-5899

These are all good:
http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/jari-love-exercise-videos-12&page=1&sortby=3

berryblondeboys
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Morning all. I got a bit more sleep, but regained the loss from yesterday somehow. I'm yo-yoing more than usually that same pound, but it is my stall-out so that's all fairly normal.

I need to figure something out for exercise today. I'm feeling a bit demotivated, but it's probably still hormones and TTOM.

We still haven't heard from Mamakat. Hopefully it's just power outage for her and nothing more.

jomatho
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone!
I am having scale troubles. No, not the number, it is just acting up, or maybe not? I got on today and it said I weighed 84 or something and I realized it was on kg which is weird since the switch is on the bottom and not easily bumped? So I switched it back to pounds and it read 191 :yikes: but then the 191 stayed lit forever since I was going to get back on to be sure I had gained 6 freakin pounds of water. So it never went off, I opened the battery compartment, rolled the batteries around a bit and now it seems to be behaving, but it still makes me wonder. I think I will change the batteries, but I am afraid to do that, I have heard horror stories from people that are much higher when they have fresh batteries. I know, you would all recommend changing the batteries right? I will also ask my boys if they have been messing with my scale!!!:s: Don't mess with my scale :club: especially during PMS week, are you crazy???
Not much else to report, ate on plan yesterday, got my walk in this morning. Still on track.
Diana, I was comtemplating my September goals yesterday. I think I will make a running goal for myself again, but not as big as the one I made in May. In May I challenged myself to run 90 miles, but I think Sept. tends to be a little more busy, so I am trying to decide on mileage. Somewhere between 60 and 75 perhaps. I still want to try to walk with my friend whatever days we can fit it in, so that is another reason to lower it a bit. I also was thinking maybe I will just get so many runs or walks in, but I think I push myself more when I go for mileage. As for Labor Day plans, no, kids go back to school Tues. the 6th so we usually just hang around home and take it easy. It was a long summer and I am ready for us all to be back in a routine.
Larry, WTG:carrot: 2 pounds is awesome!!!
Berry, hoping your son is better soon!
Shells, I cannot do a plank to save my life either!!! That is the main reason I hate yoga and pilates. I need them to strengthen my core, but I need to strengthen my core in order to do them :lol: Hope you find something you like doing.
Zoodoo and Shisk, and Shells and Berry, glad you were all spared from any damage or hardships from the hurricane!

jomatho
08-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Morning all. I got a bit more sleep, but regained the loss from yesterday somehow. I'm yo-yoing more than usually that same pound, but it is my stall-out so that's all fairly normal.

I need to figure something out for exercise today. I'm feeling a bit demotivated, but it's probably still hormones and TTOM.

We still haven't heard from Mamakat. Hopefully it's just power outage for her and nothing more.

I feel the same today. Yesterday I posted the question "do you guys ever have days where you don't feel like doing anything?" I know it is hormones too, it sucks. Hope you find something to do, are all the classes still closed? And a bike ride is probably out due to power lines and trees?

berryblondeboys
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
jomatho We replaced the batteries in our scale about 2 months ago and I didn't notice anything different. Of course, my scale gave me a low battery warning too. But how odd it was acting so weird. Seeing a 6 lbs jump would freak me out!

I'm not sure what to do for September and fitness either. I will be hitting the gym and I can't wait for the NO KIDS TO INTERFERE thing. At the same time. I'm planning on job hunting starting September, so gym time could go bye-bye by the end of the month too! I'm really, really worried about working and continuing this journey. The new job I just started is only 10 hours a week and it's really only 3 hours on the weekend of real time. Rest is planning time.

jomatho
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Zoodoo I'm glad the power is back on for you. Have a great day.

Shells Good luck with your presentation tonight! You probably just need to find a weight lifting workout that you like. I hate weights. Here are some workouts that I seem to click with.

This one is weights and cardio and has great premixes. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-circuit-burn-5896

I like the second workout on this one called Powersculpting: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-lift-5886

Here another one that I do: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-weights-7991

This one combines weights and cardio: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/bob-harpers-ultimate-cardio-body-5992

Another cardio/weights http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/michelle-dozois-peak-10-cardio-strength-5899

These are all good:
http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/jari-love-exercise-videos-12&page=1&sortby=3

WOW, you have a lot of videos Diana!!!

jomatho
08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
jomatho We replaced the batteries in our scale about 2 months ago and I didn't notice anything different. Of course, my scale gave me a low battery warning too. But how odd it was acting so weird. Seeing a 6 lbs jump would freak me out!

I'm not sure what to do for September and fitness either. I will be hitting the gym and I can't wait for the NO KIDS TO INTERFERE thing. At the same time. I'm planning on job hunting starting September, so gym time could go bye-bye by the end of the month too! I'm really, really worried about working and continuing this journey. The new job I just started is only 10 hours a week and it's really only 3 hours on the weekend of real time. Rest is planning time.

You know, a good friend of mine always said the (full time) working moms are always the most efficient people. She was right. I think when you only have so much time to fit something in, you just do it, no procrastination, no overthinking it, just do it. You will do great, the key will be good planning and keeping yourself accountable right here. And yes, saying I was freaked out at my scale this morning is an understatement! Yeah, you'd think I would get a low battery warning wouldn't you? Hmmmm

Vixsin
08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi all!

I'm pleased to say that Irene didn't do too much damage here in my area of Mass either. Lots of wind and rain. feeling very lucky today.

Sorry I've been MIA. School was supposed to start today so I took Maxwell to 6 flags on Thurs, mini golf on Friday, hanging with friends on Saturday and yesterday we cleaned and made really good friends with our couch. LOL

TOM showed up in FULL force on Friday. Bringing with him 3.5 lbs of water. so I'm back up to 186.6. But, on a good note, I've been 186.6 for my 3rd day now. I'm sticking to my plan like glue and trying to get my rest. Patiently awaiting my whoosh!! :crossed:

Also, school starts for me today and I already have much reading to do. So I have no time for personals this morning but wanted everyone to know that all is well here and I am on plan!!! :sumo:

I'll check back after some reading.... :)

GlamourGirl827
08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!!:D

Today is day 1 of regaining control. My plan is to have 1200 cals on days I don't run, 1500 -1600 on days I do no more than 4 miles, and probably about 1900 -2000 cals on long run days of 5 or more miles. I want to lose these last 15 pounds, but I am also seriously considering training for a half marathon for the spring of 2012! :running: However my over eating is getting in the way of my running goals.
I did not run today. Mainly because every place I usually run is either underwater or littered with large tree branches and other dibris. (I'm in NJ) But I am going out on a walk with the kids in a few minutes to check out my usual run route. I figure I'd walk it today and see how passable it is!

So today 1200 cals. which I will break up as B 400 - L 300 - D 300 , then 200 extra which I will likely use as a mid afternoon snack, but I will use those extra 200 cals today!

So far:
Breakfast: 2/3 granola -220cals
1/2 cup 1% milk-55 cals
1 egg - 80 cals cooked on nonstick cook spray
glass of water
cup of coffee with 4 TBsp FF halfNhalf - 40 cals
and a multivitamin :)

Total- 395 cals

Ok going for a walk to check out the neighborhood!

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 10:46 AM
WOW, you have a lot of videos Diana!!!

Jomatho Confession time! :o I think I have about 125 videos. :o Downs head in shame. :D

GlamourGirl827 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Vixsin I'm glad to hear that all is well with you. It sounds like you had an exciting weekend!

Panacea86
08-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Hello to all, I lost 1.2 lbs this week, and I'm glad. I've been sort of cleansing my body with fiber, eating bean soup and salads with olive oil...lots of energy resulting, and I did a good deal of exercise this weekend.

Hope everyone is well

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Panacea86 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

jomatho
08-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Panacea86, :welcome: 1.2 for the week is GREAT!
GlamourGirl827 :welcome: As a fellow runner (though not as far along as you), I loved seeing your breakdown of calories per day according to mileage! I have a very similar plan as you as far as calories go. Good luck with the last 15 and also with that half marathon, that is awesome!

jomatho
08-29-2011, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Diana3271;4011351]Jomatho Confession time! :o I think I have about 125 videos. :o Downs head in shame. :D

No shame in that!!! I think hoarding exercise videos is a healthy thing :lol:

Panacea86
08-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you!

I should post my food:
1 serving turkey sausage, an apple, and a low calorie cheese stick for breakfast
Huge container of low sugar/salt home made 3 bean tomato soup
Giant romaine salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, lemon/olive oil/pepper dressing

I plan to use my whole lunch hour to walk

My 3pm protein blast = crab meat, avocado, and hardboiled egg chopped up.
I plan to do weights tonight, and eat more soup and tuna.

If I write this down now, I will feel bad for not doing it lol

berryblondeboys
08-29-2011, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Diana3271;4011351]Jomatho Confession time! :o I think I have about 125 videos. :o Downs head in shame. :D

No shame in that!!! I think hoarding exercise videos is a healthy thing :lol:

What's way worse is having a gazillion videos (almost all on VHS) that sat in boxes packed up for over a decade! I forgot how many I said I have now, but it's over 50 and most I've never done. I got about half of them for free. Some I outgrew or became bored of. But one thing I did learn, it's always good to keep a few easy ones and if you liked something once, you'll probably refind your interest with the passage of time.

omgzitsmiranda
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm going to join you guys here to try to keep me on track as much as possible. 3 weeks in and doing awesome, hoping the same for you all! Now if I can just keep my butt in line, then it will be all good. I usually get to this point & give in, but I'm doing so much better than I ever have, so here's to keeping it up!

Food Log for 08/29:
Breakfast: nada, woke up late. :/
Lunch: 4 boiled eggs, just the whites. 68 cals.
8 medium strawberries, cut in half. 45 cals.
6 slices honey roasted turkey breast. 80 cals.
1 claussen half pickle. 10 cals.
Total so far: 203 cals!

jomatho
08-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Omgzitsmiranda, :welcome: Wow, you're doing great!

omgzitsmiranda
08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Omgzitsmiranda, :welcome: Wow, you're doing great!

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
omgzitsmiranda Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Berry I have 55 DVD's on my computer desk here at work that I rotate through. Customers come in my office and ask if they are for sale. NOT! :lol: Step away from my DVD's or you are going to get hurt! I have a rubbermaid box that I have put on a cart (wheels). I have all my weights and exercise toys in there. I keep that under my computer desk. :D The rest of my DVD's I keep at home. Sometimes I will get a hankering for something else and bring it in from the home stash.

I just saw where there might be some new TF workouts coming out soon. I will be all over that if there are.

jomatho
08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
:rofl: you guys make me laugh with your workout dvd addictions! If you are going to be addicted to something, working out is a good thing to be addicted to! I wish I were more coordinated, I always feel like a clod following those things. I did get pretty good at the Jane Fonda step aerobics video back in the 90s but only because I did it over and over and over again.

Pint Sized Terror
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone!! Long time to see, huh?

I posted an update in the general chatter forum, so I won't go into details here, but there have been tons and tons of changes in my life. No positive changes in my weight though, ;). I'm back into the low 160's Boooooo!!

Anyway, I need to read my lil girl some books.

ttyl

omgzitsmiranda
08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
omgzitsmiranda Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Howdy! Thank you :) :D

omgzitsmiranda
08-29-2011, 05:00 PM
I walked with the husband 2.25 miles or 6 laps around the park track. That's 2 more than we did last week! I feel AWESOME!

I've kept my water going just as good as I have been, my eating on track, got my exercise done + more than I planned = I feel untouchable :D

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Miranda I just noticed that you are from SC. What part? I'm in the Charleston area.

ItsMyTurn
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow! 3 pages and I am just getting here! No way am I going to be able to do all the personals, so I am going to lump some together, LOL

~First, glad to hear everyone made it through Irene alright, though, unless I missed it, still have to hear from mamakat? Other than that, good night Irene! LOL!
~ Glad to hear the old goals being renewed and a few new ones too!!! This journey is nothing without our goals
~ Welcome :welcome: to the new folks! Glad to have new ones on board..staying accountable helps to keep you on the straight and narrow - also helps pull you back when you sway ;)
~ workout dvd addictions, LOL!!!!! :lol: At work and I am spontaneously laughing at the posts. With no one at my cubicle, people are going to start to think I am a little bit "off", LOL!

For me: I would like to push myself so I am in Onederland and fitting into a smaller size pant by the time my parents come to visit from Maine on Sept. 24th... here's hoping! I have been pushing harder on the workouts, and will continue at present pace (can't up it anymore yet), and current resistance in my strength training as well (as I have posted before, to avoid getting the belly pancake and droopy everything else as I lose, lol). I have discovered that lately the scale is moving slower, but it's because I have become as much about resculpting as I have about the loss... I am loving building the muscle, and then streamlining their looks with the cardio and stretching. Maybe one of these months I can say that about my abdominal muscles, but for now it's mainly the ones I can see in my legs and arms :) Still thrilled, been a long time since I saw upper arm muscle like now! I did take some downtime last night after having been so busy with workouts earlier in the day and dealing with a ton of stress... so the hubster and I watched tv, I did my fingernails and he even painted my toenails for me... he can be such a sweetie sometimes! :)

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight. Have a great evening and sleep well!

My turnip greens were very salty tonight. It might result in some extra water weight tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

Total Approx 1440 + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories - I did better tonight than I did last night with the pita chips ;))
Roast Beef 400 calories
2 orders turnip greens 200 calories
1 order steamed cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
~Bob Harper's UCB w/#5 & #10
~Tamilee Webb I Want That Body - Arms w/#8

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Pint I'm glad to see you check in. I just read you other post. I'm sorry to hear about everything you've been through. :hug:

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
:rofl: you guys make me laugh with your workout dvd addictions! If you are going to be addicted to something, working out is a good thing to be addicted to! I wish I were more coordinated, I always feel like a clod following those things. I did get pretty good at the Jane Fonda step aerobics video back in the 90s but only because I did it over and over and over again.

Jomatho Hey, you can run! I wouldn't attempt running. I wasn't known as "there's the girl that fell in the hole" for nothing! I am very well known for falling down. I'm not exactly the most coordinated thing on the planet. ;)

berryblondeboys
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Couple things I'm learning... lack of sleep... bad decisions. Lack of formal exercise... bad decisions. TTOM... bad decisions.

In all these months I have not had an unplanned 'high calorie' day. Most I've done is a single cupcake way back on Valentine's day for an oops. Today... I fell apart. I ahve a big bowl of cake leftover pieces and I ate most of it. That's like 2/3s of a cake (unfrosted). I couldn't even force myself to throw it away. I really, really wanted it!!!

So... lessons learned. No going short on sleep or skipping exercise (easier said than done when you have a sick kid) and your town is affected by a hurricane.

Diana3271
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Berry Tomorrow is a new day. You have been doing a great job. I also get more hungry when I don't get enough sleep.

still
08-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Good morning! Weigh in this AM was 173. Still working on getting back on track. I do well for a couple of days and then I have a very tired day or a very stressful day and I eat through it. I've even said to myself or to DH "I don't want to spend or eat my way out of this funk", but I end up with ice cream. Darn it all.

I have to want this more than I do right now. When I was losing, before everything tanked meds-wise and I was thrown full force into hypothyroidism, it was pretty easy to stay on track. Now it got hard and I totally gave in. But I don't have to do that. I can choose to be tougher than the fatigue, tougher than the snacky feeling. I have to remember that right now, I can't choose not to be tired, not to be down, but the choice of when and what to eat is totally still mine.

I did get an amazing workout in yesterday. My heart rate monitor read that I burned 500 cal, which is awesome for me.

My goal for today: track my food! Stay under 1700 cal. Better if I can stay at 1550, my old goal.

Hope you all have wonderful, on plan days!

zoodoo613
08-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Well, I got no exercise yesterday. I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I'm disappointed I couldn't follow my own rules for 2 weeks. I just had too much going on: didn't get home until 7, still had to eat, had work to do. There's just not enough time in the day. At least not that day.

I also had a few chocolate chips on Sunday. I'll blame those on Irene and my husband. I'm really bad at staying home these days, and didn't do terribly well when I was forced to.

Nanna7
08-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Good Morning !

I finally found you.......
The past couple days have been, well, not good.
But here I am jumping back on board...
I CAN do this.
I WILL do this.
I HAVE to do this !!

Nanna7
08-30-2011, 08:14 AM
The proud Nana effect has kicked in, hope ya'll don't mind me sharin...just gotta figure out how to resize ..lolhttp://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/nannas8/brookie.jpg

Diana3271
08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Remember my comment from last night about the turnip greens being salty? . . . .

I am really glad that I track calories, weigh ins, etc. It really helps me when I have a gain from certain restaurants, etc. Last night we went to a cafeteria that we haven't been to in a while. My food was good. My calories were good. The food was salty, but not like the soul food restaurant, though. I had a 2 pound gain overnight! They must use MSG in their food. I might have to permanently write off this cafeteria and the soul food restaurant. There's no reason for me to eat lean protein/veggies, stay in my calorie range, but have a 2 pound gain. Insane! It's water weight, but still! Insane!

Weigh In: 146.8
Up: 2 pounds! :yikes:

ItsMyTurn
08-30-2011, 08:55 AM
still - 500 cals burned is a great workout! Nothing to scoff at! You can so totally get back on track... be patient with yourself ;)

zoodoo - you have totally had a ton on your plate with real life going on around you... you can still keep at it ;) If you faltered a bit on exercise or diet, look at it and fix it :) You have done a ton, this... well, this is nothing in comparison to the day you decided to start ;)

Donna - you TOTALLY can do this ;) On a side note: what an adorable grandbaby!!!! I don't blame you for busting with pride!

Diana - I am sorry to hear about the salt holding your water so badly. I don't think I would want to go to eat at a place where I discovered pounds of water weight hanging on the next day either.

shellsbrood
08-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Nana--She is adorable!!! :val1:

Diana--Thanks for those links! And, yes, you do have an obsession. ;) (but a good one!)

Pint--So glad to see you check in! Sending you :hug:.

So, I had my final and presentation last night and I aced them both! Which gave me a 4.0 for the class. Yay! :carrot:

I haven't weighed myself this morning, because my lovely dh brought me breakfast in bed. Aw! I'm also still incredibly sore from that Jillian Michaels workout.

Yesterday's Info:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee (300)
Snack: 90 cal fiber bar (90)
Lunch: lean cuisine spinach/mushroom pizza (340)
Dinner: snobby joes on homemade pretzel rolls (350)
Dessert: fat free sherbert, chocolate (250)

Calories: 1330

themilesawaygirl
08-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Oh goodness I have just taken forever just to read all your updates, so I'm afraid I really don't have time for personals today. A couple of things that stuck:

I'm glad most of you got through Irene safely - still nothing from Mamakat though - my thoughts are with her and others in that area. Fingers crossed for nothing more than a slightly annoying power outage...

I can't believe how many exercise vids some of you have! I have 2, one of which I really enjoy, and one which I think I've only done once, as it's so dated I can't take it very seriously! I think maybe if I had more, I'd do them more often, but I feel so guilty kicking my man out of the lounge to jump around! I also worry about the people downstairs, they must think the ceiling's going to fall in sometimes!

I had a fairly good long weekend - yesterday was a Bank holiday. I made terrible food choices, but got back on plan today, so only a couple of days of badness. I'm not sure if I'll ever deal with good food choices on the weekend, eating food I enjoy is really part of my downtime, and there's really not a lot of healthy food I enjoy. One of those things I guess.

I can't believe I've only 2 days until I go on holiday - I'm so disappointed with my lack of weightloss and the thought of being in a bikini fills me with dread and horror - it doesn't matter how many people tell me that it's too late to do anything now so I should stop worrying, it's just one of those things that I'm going to beat myself up about. I'm a bit worried that once I get back I'll struggle even more with motivation. The entire point of me trying to lose this fat was to look acceptable on a beach, so once that target is gone I'm worried I'll give up. I guess there's always next summer!

jomatho
08-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I will check back after I have more to report, but catching up on your posts (and stalling to get on the treadmill ;))I just wanted to give a big hug to Berry :hug: TOM sucks, plain and simple. You have a lot going on, just try to forget about the cake and make good decisions today. We are here for you :hug:

jomatho
08-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Big hugs for Nanna too :hug:, way to get back on the boards and back on track!!!
Oh what a beautiful grandbaby!!!

berryblondeboys
08-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone. Wish I could say I got lots of good sleep last night, but I didn't. Got to bed at 11:15 pm and then at 4 am my husband wakes me up because he's hearing strange noises outside. I could tell it was far away and nothing to be concerned about, but he got up to see if anything was happening. Then at 4:30 am my little guy calls me, hearing the same noises and I know he didn't fall back to sleep again and was talkign with himself in his room from then on. Then at 5 am my teen woke up with a 103 temperature... So not enough sleep!!!

But, despite a huge jump on the scale (2 pounds), I know a lot of that is water. I just tallied up what I ate yesterday and it was about 2700 calories. Almost double what I normally eat, but not enough to be freaking out about. I tracked it. I admit it and I am learning from it. Best thing is that I don't feel tempted to do the same again today.

I think it helps that I came downstairs in my new size 12 pants, a new top and a new to me fitness jacket (goodwill find) and my husband just looked and looked at me, shaking his head in an approving way and then said words I never thought I would hear him say, "You are looking thin". Wow!!! This is the man who NEVER gives compliments - like ever and if he does, he is truly sincere in them. So... if that wasn't a huge boost to keep my act together, I don't know what else could be!

First day of school today. I walked the little guy to school, but my older son is still sick, so he's home. Bodypump tonight for exercise.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Diana and Jomatho!

Jomo
08-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey everyone,

It sounds like everyone has been busy during the summer holidays. I see all of your tickers and see the progress!

I've been away in China and haven't been able to log on...but I'm back and ready to continue working to reach my goal weight.

My plan is to start to exercise. Just that little bit of weightloss has made moving so much easier. I need to pick up my energy level.

Thanks again for all of the great examples.

K9Owner
08-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Reading through 4 pages of personals :lol:
What day is it?
1115pm-4am sounds like AWESOME sleep to me! I would defo take it, uninterrupted!
I'm functioning off of 0830-1pm today :D
Pls don't ask me to make any significant financial decisions atm :lol:

Pint: As strange as this sounds, I thought of you and wondered how you were last Friday!! :hug: Glad to see you around!

Nikki: May I just pls share a :hug: wif you! Your will to succeed amazes me!

MamaKat: I hope you & your family are well & that you have not gone into a severe manic or depressive state! Thinking of you today, gf!

I seriously don't know what day it is. I am very tired from 2 nites at the hospital. I was in charge last nite & managed to leave on time, but worked my rear off to do so. We had a completely FULL hospital when I left, which is never a good thing, many call-ins for today & tonight & no one willing to give up their real life to come to work on an already short staffed environment (including me!) This is my area if specialty, since I cover for people when they call in or make the additional nurse when the unit is short, but they have worked me like crazy the last 2 nites and even trying to convince my body to repeat another 13.5 hr shift is next to impossible at this point! I'm exhausted!!

I did have a GREAT wknd eating-wise and stayed under 1500 cals Sun/Mon! I'm excited for that, but I must get these tired bones :running: if I plan to see any movement on my scale in the opposite direction of UP!!

MsThickMiddle
08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I've been slacking getting on and posting. Doing GREAT eating right and being active. Packing my lunch every day or grabbing a salad from the cafeteria has helped alot. Tom's back and thats not helping. My weight went up about 2 weeks ago and has dropped again since I'm at about 183 right now. Hopefully I'll get back to dropping lbs real soon. I can't stand being in the 180's any longer. I'm ready to see 170-something!!!! and so on as long as it's on the downward spiral!

berryblondeboys
08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
So yesterday I couldn't stop eating and today I'm just not hungry. It's 5:30 and I've consumed 430 calories. I should eat dinner before bodypump, but I'm not hungry. Guess I'll eat a snack and eat dinner when i get back.

Went window shopping today and tried on a pair of "Not your Daughter's Jeans". I picked up a 12 and they fit just fine now or a little loose. I need a 10 (didn't have time to try them on). Serious vanity sizes going on there!

zoodoo613
08-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Eating's been fine today, although I don't know what I'll have for dinner. I also don't know how I'm going to get any exercise in. My boss threw me under the bus, and I've got way more work from him than I can do in the time I have to do it, in addition to something I promised someone else, because I didn't know I was going to have to do all this. And then he had the audacity to say, while telling me about this work, "Gotta love how people communicate around here." I checked with the project manager; Bill knew about this work a long time ago, he just never gave it to me. Gee, thanks.

jeniansmom
08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
48 hours without power. Lost some food but most ok. Glad to be able to take a real shower, cook a hot meal, and get online. DS did surprisingly well as he was home alone yesterday with no electronics :) My eating was ok. I didn't track. Lots of snacking, mostly on peanuts which were salty. I did eats 1/2 of a no bake cookie out of a bag from the freezer. It wasn't very good and I didn't finish it.
Has anyone heard from mamakat?
I will catch up with everyone ASAP.
Hope everyone is having a happy, healthy week!
Jen

omgzitsmiranda
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Kept on track for 2 days now. ~ Well this week, I still did pretty good last week & the week before ;) ~
Had Apple Bee's, a bit too much sodium but still under my calorie range & I worked my butt off earlier, so it's all good ;)

I feel SO much better staying on track! It's a great feeling! Exercising is helping too :D

DZackery
08-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Evening to all! Sry I've been MIA. Internship is sucking the energy out of me. I'm still stalled out the last couple days...not sure why but I'm getting sick of it. Hoping for a loss this week. OMG! Anyway, off to do homework, run and sleep....oh and shower. :)

berryblondeboys
08-30-2011, 09:31 PM
So how do I eat 2700 calories one day and feel I could eat forever to only eating 875 calories today and not feeling hungry almost at all today? Carry-over from yesterday? I never force myself to eat just to get to a certain calorie level - that makes no sense to me, but to be this 'not hungry' is strange too.

Just had a really good workout at BodyPump and I'm looking forward to bodystep tomorrow. I think the few days off from workouts were good for me too. My knees were bugging me a bit and tonight that felt good. Seems my one day derailment was just a fluke and not some scary trend.

Diana3271
08-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Itsmyturn Hi :wave: I hope you had a ggreat day.

Nanna Thanks for sharing the picture of your new granddaughter. She is beautiful.

Shells The breakfast in bed sounds nice. ;)

Themilesawaygirl Hi :wave: Hang in there. Just take one day at a time. Try to make a lifestyle change not a change for a swimsuit. :hug:

Jomo Welcome back! :wave:

K9 I hope you can get caught up on your sleep.

Msthickmiddle Things will start moving again once TTOM leaves. Hang in there.

Berry How did the NYDJ look on you? I am really impressed with my new Levi's. They were a lot less money and I think they look even better.

Zoodoo Sorry to hear that the stress at work is continuing. :hug:

Jeniansmom Good to see you got your power back. There are so many bad things that happen with storms like that. But on a really basic level, they are a huge inconvenience, a total PITA! I haven't seen Mamkat post. She must not have power.

Miranda Great job staying on plan.

DZachery You sound like a busy person these days.

Diana3271
08-30-2011, 10:52 PM

I'm feeling very bloated tonight. I don't like this feeling at all and don't even know where it's coming from.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Fruit Cup 100 calories

Exercise:
~500 Jump Ropes
~Tamilee Webb I Want That Body (Buns)
~TF Fire 60

Larry H
08-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Saw my Urologist today. I have a long term kidney stone that has been really hurting. It's too large to pass and the last three attempts to smash it failed.
I go for a cat scan tomorrow and see the Urologist next week when we will discuss a plan to get rid of it. I was 104 pounds heavier the last time he tried to smash it so maybe the weight loss will help. I get extreme pain from it and it has to go. Wish me luck.

My weight is steady at 213

8/30/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1438 (73 Under)

My sodium was 1877 mg which is 123 mg under my goal of 2000 mg

Lunch 583 Calories
3 slices CICI's 12'' Zesty Veggie Pizza = 372 calories & 669 mg Sodium
1 slice Cici's 12'' Alfredo Pizza = 120 calories & 270 mg Sodium
Green Salad (2 Serv) = 72 calories & 51 mg Sodium
KRAFT LIGHT DONE RIGHT! Italian Dressing (1 1/2 tbsp) = 40 calories & 171 mg Sodium

Dinner 612 Calories
Chicken, breast, meat only, roasted,(1/2 breast) = 142 calories & 63 mg Sodium
No Salt Added Cut Green Beans = 70 calories & 35 mg Sodium
No Salt Added Golden Sweet Whole Kernal Corn = 210 calories & 35 mg Sodium
JELL-O Sugar Free low calorie gelatin (Peach) = 10 calories & 60 mg Sodium
Whipped Light Cream (2 Tbsp) = 15 calories & 0 mg Sodium
OSCAR MAYER, Bologna (beef light 2 slice) = 120 calories & 480 mg Sodium
Wing Time Medium Buffalo Wing Sauce (2 Tbsp) = 45 calories & 40 mg Sodium

Late Snack 212 Calories
Orville Redenbacher's Original Gourmet Popping Corn (3 Tbsp) = 120 calories & 0 mg Sodium
Watermelon, raw (2 cup, diced) = 92 calories & 3 mg Sodium

zoodoo613
08-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Back at it!

Calories came in pretty good yesterday, all things considered. I ended up with some Chinese soup for dinner, the house special, which was a mixture of meats and vegetables. Super salty of course, but better than the other options I was considering. I left work just before 8, with zero energy for figuring a meal, and fast food seemed possible, as did, oddly, ramen noodles. I came home ate my soup, and went to bed. I slept solidly until about 3, but it's been off an on since then. Stress getting to me, I guess. It's pretty rare that my sleep gets messed up. I'm usually lucky that way.

As expected, I didn't get exercise. Maybe I'll try to get out at lunchtime today. We have a route that's a mile that we sometimes walk. A mile's not much, but it's better than not doing it. Off I go!

shellsbrood
08-31-2011, 07:32 AM
174 this morning! :eek: Ugh, I know my muscles are sore, but I hate seeing my weight go up. :(

Yesterday's Info:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, toast, coffee (300)
Lunch: Salad w/ olives and feta (300)
Snack: chocolate (50)
Dinner: small fry and fruit and walnut salad (440)
Snack: popcorn (250)

Calories: 1340

berryblondeboys
08-31-2011, 08:23 AM
When will I get a good night's sleep! Ugh!!! This is getting old! Sorry it struck you too Zoodoo!

Lost 1.2 of that overnight 2 lbs gain. that .8 might actually be real gain, but that's ok... what comes on can come off. Hormones are back to normal it seems.

Diana3271
08-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I'm not sure what's going on. I'm still 100% on plan. I feel like I have a water weight issue going on but I'm not sure what the culprit is. I quit taking the allergy medicine a couple days ago from the peanut butter reaction last week. Maybe the allergy hasn't finished its course. Maybe this is from the sodium/MSG the day before yesterday. Not sure what's going on. :dunno:

Weigh In: 147.2
Up: .4

Recap from the month: I stayed within my maintenance weight range or just a little below! :yay:

ItsMyTurn
08-31-2011, 08:50 AM
Saw my Urologist today. I have a long term kidney stone that has been really hurting. It's too large to pass and the last three attempts to smash it failed.
I go for a cat scan tomorrow and see the Urologist next week when we will discuss a plan to get rid of it. I was 104 pounds heavier the last time he tried to smash it so maybe the weight loss will help. I get extreme pain from it and it has to go. Wish me luck.

My weight is steady at 213

I very much wish you luck!!!!! I hope they are able to get rid of it once and for all for you!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-31-2011, 08:59 AM
I am sorry for those that can't seem to get a good night's sleep...hopefully that will change as of time tonight :)

Diana - my guess is the allergic reaction is still taking its course - normal to take a couple weeks, not just days, to clear out of the system.

berry - you got rid of most of the 2lbs overnight though, that's great! No one wants to carry water weight any longer than necessary :)

shells - wish I could make the scale move in the opposite direction for you... with sore muscles though, you at least know the culprit

zoodoo - you doing a mile is better than sitting down and doing nothing during that timeframe. Movement is movement - calories burned, toning for the body... all of that just from not sitting and going for that mile! :)

AFM - Still dealing with stressors, intestinal/colon issues, and joint flares... so DH told me not to get on scale for my weekly weigh in today, but... it's my day so I didn't listen. I honestly prepped myself for a gain (TOM coming soon too, just to top off reasons false weight would show) and was honestly very shocked to not see a gain. I was only down .4lb, but that is not a gain, it's still a loss! I will take it! Hoping to have everything level out by next week's weigh in and get to see my whoosh that I have worked for, :) I still managed to hit elliptical last night though :D Have a great day all!!!

Diana3271
08-31-2011, 09:24 AM
ItsMyTurn Great job on the .4 and for staying positive! :carrot:

Larry Sending positive thoughts your way! Update us when you can.

Berry Glad you were able to move some of that water weight!

shellsbrood Hang in there. Hopefully we will both see a loss on the scale tomorrow.

zoodoo I hope you have a better day. Maybe the walk will help a little.

ItsMyTurn
08-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks Diana!!!! I love me some happy dancing carrots! :)

Nanna7
08-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Morning...

I really need to throw my scale out the door. Not seeing any change for days is really bumming me out. I promised myself I wasn't going to do this, this time. I am a scaleaholic. Get on it everyday, rain or shine. Maybe if I would invest that much energy into other things when I DO get on the scale I might be suprised. Ahhhh, well.....:dunno:

shishkeberry
08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone! I haven't read the previous posts but I'm just posting an update. I saw a new low of 245.8 this morning. So close to my next minigoal of 15% lost! :)

Vixsin
08-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, TOM ended up having his way with me. Jerk. I get to clock in a 2.4 lb loss for the month. I still have about 2lbs of his water left on me but I'm grateful to get a loss at all this month with all of my fluctuating and having such a terrible schedule.

I'm focused for September to work on regulating my schedule on the weekends and getting enough sleep and water. I am TIRED of losing the same water weight over and over each week!

Had a great workout last night. Treadmill for 50 minutes. Jogging and incline walking. Love.

Back from vacation and back to it. I'm 185.4 today which is a grateful drop of 2.6 from yesterday. Have a great day all.

Pint Sized Terror
08-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Checking in.

Weight is 162.8lbs. I feel really bloated today for some reason, and I don't feel like eating much. I've been drinking a lot of pop lately, not diet, so that's probably one reason. I have actually given up drinking or eating anything "diet" and now when I try something sugar free or sugared with artificial sweeteners it just about gags me.

I'm going to gradually make adjustments back to where I was when I was losing, starting with replacing all pop with water. It won't be that difficult since I have to physically buy the pop from machines.

I'm working 2 hours overtime tonight and I won't get home until 1am. :tired: Wish me luck, lol.

Have a great day!

Nanna7
08-31-2011, 01:54 PM
September goals weigh only once a week
walk everyday,even if it's just a little bit

Both of these will be huge challenges for me. Especially the walking, but I am going to give it my best shot. I haven't recovered completely from last weeks fiasco. I have had several surgerys on my knees, and I am in constant pain. But I am going to do my very best.

jomatho
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:
1 hour walk-done
2.5 hour run-done (pushed myself today)
got back on myfitnesspal for the first time in a little while yesterday. I readjusted my weight and goals and I am going to try eating back some of my exercise calories now too. I think for long term thinking, this makes more sense. Worst thing that can happen is I stay on this stinking plateau longer. Worth a try.
Oh, and I changed the batteries in my scale and my weight is the same so that is good, I think.
Anyhow, not much else to report, my head is in a good place, I would just like to see some downward movement on the scale to reinforce my efforts.
Glad I have you guys!:grouphug:

Sum38
08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Happy Holiday weekend to all!

We are going up for our cabin; weather is supposed to get above 90 F; yay!

I have not been a very good girl; surprisingly weight has stayed the same :eek: I think being sugar free has something to do with it.

K9Owner
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Ok, so I am FINALLY back to real life after a 3 day interruption! I intend to stay accountable for my choices, although I will spare the ďmenuĒ.

Sunday
Cals: 1103 (Only poor choice was a 6 pk Lance Vanilla CrŤme Cookies 225 cals)
Walking: 250

Monday
Cals: 1480 (Bought a Rotisserie Chicken Caesar Salad and had full fat Caesar dsg & a bag of Baked Lays Chips :nono:)
Walking: 300

Tuesday (Poor Choice Day)
Peach, Cottage Cheese, Allfruit, Baked Lays 279
Honey Bunches of Oats, Skim Milk 195 :nono: (WTH! Iím not supposed to eat this. I donít even ďloveĒ this cereal)
Barefoot White Zin, Ghengis Grill Bowl, Caramel Almond Greek Yogurt 1127 :yikes:
Total 1601
Walking: 250

I went out to dinner last night instead of going running :nono:
I had intended to meet a colleague, but didnít.
I will NEVER make this POOR choice again.
I have to choose to run 3 days in a row now that Iíve sabotaged Tuesdayís opportunity.
Friday, I am going on a camping/boating trip instead of canoeing. I have a lot of work to do before Friday gets here, including :running:
I will do it! If it makes my back unbearable, I WILL DO IT!
Sometimes, the commitment is worth the sacrifice!
I have a September goal!

Vixsin
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
K9: I am WITH YOU!!!!! I am setting the same goal to run 3x/week! You have inspired me to make it a goal and say it out loud!!! :) We can do this, girl!!! :high:

Jo: Hey girlie! I am with you too on the NON-movement on the scale! I am also on MFP. Wanna be friends? LOL We'll get our scales moving....we are all too great not to!!!

still
08-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Yay for me! I stayed within my calorie allotment yesterday!

So far today has been good as well. Normal breakfast, normal am snack, and normal lunch, everything well in range. Instead of reaching for snacky type foods in this mid-afternoon time, I'm drinking a cup of hot tea and posting here! This almost feels like my old routine! :D

Gonna try and hit the gym tonight for my second gym day this week.

Hope you all are doing fabulous!

Anyone heard from mamakt?

berryblondeboys
08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not going to set a pounds goal for next month. I was losing 10 pounds a month until I started joining the 10 pounds a month challenge! LOL Plus, at this point in my journey, 10 lbs a month is unrealistic.

My goal is 6 days a week of formal exercise. How bad is it that I have no formal exercise planned for tomorrow? I have to clean the house tomorrow - top to bottom.

zoodoo613
08-31-2011, 05:46 PM
So food's not going so well today. I'm at 1350, and the day's not over. All the usual problems apply: stress, lack of sleep, poor planning, random food available. I didn't get that lunchtime walk, and I'm planning on working late again.

I did manage to not to eat a packet of gross almonds. They were some weird flavor that I really didn't like, but picked at a few any way. Fortunately, I came to my senses and gave them away. Not that I think almonds are a problem, but I don't have enough calories to spend to waste them on stuff I don't like.

shishkeberry
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Mamakat hasn't been on mfp either. I hope she's ok.

berryblondeboys
08-31-2011, 08:40 PM
She might be without power. There are places around here still without power on day four.

Diana3271
08-31-2011, 10:11 PM

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Sirloin Steak 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
Asparagus 100 calories

Exercise:
Michelle Dozois Cardio Strength w/#5 & #10
TamiLee Webb Standing Total Stretch For Beginners

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Totally TA*DOW day!

FF Cheese Omelet, Cranberry Tea 118
Chicken & Cabbage Soup 288
PB Oats 274
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll 332
Total: 1012

Water: 80+ oz (Lost count again)
:running: 483 (hill interval) :woohoo:

Attempting to ROCK IT tomorrow with a little 2-fer
:running: in the a.m.
:bike2: in the p.m.

My trainer friend developed arthritis in his right knee and it is now inflamed and he has to rest it from :running:
Hopefully, :bike2: will be easier on the joint. I may have to find a new running partner! :(

Vix: BRING IT!!!

Any of you can add me to MFP: chosengiver

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Yay for me! I stayed within my calorie allotment yesterday!

So far today has been good as well. Normal breakfast, normal am snack, and normal lunch, everything well in range. Instead of reaching for snacky type foods in this mid-afternoon time, I'm drinking a cup of hot tea and posting here! This almost feels like my old routine! :D

Gonna try and hit the gym tonight for my second gym day this week.

Great Job, Nikki :bravo:
I like the "old" routine! It looks good on you!

themilesawaygirl
09-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Hi everyone.

Just a quick note to say I'm off on holiday for a week. Tried on my bikinis yesterday and felt pretty horrid but fingers crossed I'll stop caring once my plane touches down! Have a great week everyone and I'll catch up (and admit to my inevitable holiday gain) when I get back. Xx

zoodoo613
09-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Mornin'!

Well, food got a little out of hand yesterday, but when I tallied it up, it's not as bad as I feared, 1750 calories. Stress'll do that. The exercise didn't happen. I did sleep pretty well, so that's nice.

I was supposed to be off today, but it's ending up that I'm working, which stinks. I had some turmoil about whether I should do it or not, because no one is forcing me to, but in the end I decided I wanted to prove myself. If I'd had firm plans for today, they'd have been out of luck.

Monthly wrap up! Weight is down 5.8 lb. Not too shabby. Not too telling either, since I think my 8/1 weigh-in was up from where I had been, but since I didn't get to count it then, I'll go ahead and count it now. It looks like I got exercise 17 out of the 31 days. Could have been better, could have been worse. All told, if I could have more months look like this one, I'd take 'em.

Diana3271
09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Let's make it a great month! :carrot:

Ahh, I feel better this morning. A lot less bloated. I just wish I knew if I had a sodium/MSG issue or if I quit with the allergy meds too early. :dunno:

Weigh In: 145.6
Down: 1.6 pounds

berryblondeboys
09-01-2011, 08:42 AM
We have an appraiser coming to the house today at 2 pm and my house is a wreck and my son who has been sick almost a week went from having a minor fever to very high fever, so I have to get him into the doctor's office today. Poor kid. Whatever he had must be turning into a secondary infection.

Diana3271
09-01-2011, 08:45 AM
We have an appraiser coming to the house today at 2 pm and my house is a wreck and my son who has been sick almost a week went from having a minor fever to very high fever, so I have to get him into the doctor's office today. Poor kid. Whatever he had must be turning into a secondary infection.

Berry I must have missed something. Are you moving? Sending healing vibes to your family.

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 08:47 AM

He has been sick for a long time, it seems.
I hope he feels better soon, Melissa & I hope you're able to re-establish some type of normalcy!
Prayers sent to you and him today!

dancerchickchic
09-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Hello I'm new to this and just joined yesterday.

I weighed in at 260 this morning. Hasn't budged since last week

Time's I've made it to the gym for 1.5 hr cardio and weight training this week: 3x- I plan on going today and then everyday this weekend.

Hopefully next week you'll see me in the 250s!

Diana3271
09-01-2011, 09:16 AM
dancerchickchic Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: We look forward to getting to know you.

berryblondeboys
09-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Just realized I only lost 2.8 on the scale this month because I gained 2.6 on the scale since TTOM (actually even before TTOM). I know much of that is water, but probably not all of it.

I had aimed at 26 hours of exercise for the month, I got 24. For measurements, chest and hips stayed the same, but I lost an inch in the waist and a half inch each in upper arms and upper thighs, so I'm DOING something, but August ended up being a worse month than my vacation month? How is that even possible?!?!?!? Not feeling the love for the scale today!

And according to my fitness app (and I record EVERYTHING), I should have lost 10.5 for the month. what happened????

But.... onwards to September!!!

berryblondeboys
09-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Berry I must have missed something. Are you moving? Sending healing vibes to your family.

No, just refinancing. My economist husband realized with interest rates so low that with refinancing, we would save ourselves 120 a month on mortgage payments.

shellsbrood
09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Just jumping on quickly before heading out on our unplanned family day together! There are still a ton of roads closed due to Irene, so it'll require some creative planning.

Yesterday's Info:

Breakfast: Cheerios, skim milk, coffee (350)
Snack: 90 cal fiber bar (90)
Lunch: shrimp LC (290)
Dinner: stir fry no rice (300)
dessert: chocolate (80)

Calories: 1110

Weigh In: Still pretty high up there. :( 173.6 (but at least a smidey lower that yesterday's 174)

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to me! Today is my 1 year anniversary of my Healthy Lifestyle Change. :D

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Morning.....

Okay, so today is the 1st day of the rest of my life. Wonder how many times I have said this over the past ???? years. I was not happy with the scale today. But hey, what can I say.
Somewhere along the line I have got to find the willpower and determination to stick to this. I have 2 little girls to take care of and at the rate I am going, they are gonna be taking care of me. I can't do that and I don't know why I have let things go this far. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? I read of everyones progress and the good reports and I get so dang frustrated with myself. I mean, c'mon, it's food, just say NO!
Anyway.....
Gettin ready to do my walk. Not feelin it today, but I am going to turn on good ole Leslie Sansone and do a 2 mile indoor walk. It begins here, it begins today

shishkeberry
09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Nanna, are you having problems with eating junk food or just eating too much food, even healthy food? If it's junk food, it might be helpful to just throw it out. I had to do that here. We stopped buying pizza bites and chips because they were binge triggers for me and nobody here really needed it anyway. Have you tried the chicks in control forum? It might be able to help you if you have a problem with over eating. I lurk there sometimes when I have bad days.

shishkeberry
09-01-2011, 11:28 AM
This morning I hit both 45lb and 15% lost! Woot! I completely blew my goal of 10lb in August out of the water with a loss of 14.4lb since August 1st. It's time for me to add a new bead to my bracelet.

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Donna: :hug: 1 day at a time, gf! 1 meal at a time. 1 snack at a time!
If you blow it at breakfast, make a good lunch choice. If you blow it at lunch, make a better dinner choice.
Itís a process and there are NO easy detours!
Sending you a little :dust: sounds like you could use some!

Shells: :flow1: Happy Anniversary! :flow1:

Melissa: MFP tells me every day I should weigh between 136-143 :dizzy:
Yeah right! I canít even break into 148!! Push on some more!

Dancer: :welcome2:

I kept my commitment & ran this a.m., although I didn't want to part ways with my pillow. We were having such a nice bonding session this morning, which is rare these days! I started at 0730, which was a little too late. I should have started about 0645, as it became rather hot, rather quickly! I did 1 hill interval instead of my usual 2, but it's a WIN since I did 2 last night. My hips are sore, but I knew they would be. They will really be burning tomorrow when I get off the :tread: !!

So, I've started us all off this morning with a great choice, let's see who all can take notes and follow suit on a Thursday, September 1--uhm yeah, the day BEFORE a very long holiday weekend, where there is sure to be MUCH temptation all around us!!

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 11:42 AM
This morning I hit both 45lb and 15% lost! Woot! I completely blew my goal of 10lb in August out of the water with a loss of 14.4lb since August 1st. It's time for me to add a new bead to my bracelet.

:carrot: WoW!!:carrot:

Vixsin
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Rock on K9! I'm scheduled to get my 2nd run of the week tonight. :crossed:

I'm up a pound this morning to 186.4. I'm not stressing. Yesterday's breakfast was great. Lunch was a company lunch and I indulged in a small servings of a few things and had 3 bites of red velvet cake. :drool: Dinner could and should have been much better than it was but Maxwell talked me into tunafish and cheese sandwiches with colby cheese-its. :eek: So carby, so many total carbs yesterday. I am ready for today. My entire day is planned out and on MFP. I am ready and fighting on!!!

Much work to do and I need to get some work done on my assignment for school. I'll try to check back a bit later. :)

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Donna: :hug: 1 day at a time, gf! 1 meal at a time. 1 snack at a time!
If you blow it at breakfast, make a good lunch choice. If you blow it at lunch, make a better dinner choice.
Itís a process and there are NO easy detours!
Sending you a little :dust: sounds like you could use some!

Thank you, dump the whole bucket on me....lol

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Okay, I did it. 2 mile indoor walk with Leslie Sansone.....gotta start somewhere. If I can just get a little weight off so my knees will feel better I can go outside and have at it......

berryblondeboys
09-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Well, my son is still sick so today we went to the doctor's office. They have no idea. They are doing a chest xray and blood work to see if that sheds any light on what it could be. I must admit I am getting worried. He had that unexplained flu in July and exactly a month after that, he got this flu like thing which has been going on for a week. It's not getting any better - at all. it could bad luck with two flus back to back, but he hasn't been sick with more than a cold in over 6 years! So, that would be really bad luck... and he did get the flu shot last fall (which I know doesn't really protect you from everything, just the main things). Poor kid!

jomatho
09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Berry, your poor baby! I hope it is just a case of back to back bad luck!!!
Nanna, good for you for getting back at it again. Just keep coming back and getting at it as many times as you have to until it sticks. You can do this! I would think indoor walking to a tape would be a lot easier than outdoor walking?
Vixsin, (and K9 and any others on mfp) I would love to be friends, but not sure how to friend you. I think you can remember my username "jomatho", so if you know how to request me as a friend maybe that would be easier? I tried and it wanted me to put in an e-mail address or name? No where I could see just to input username, but then I didn't spend a lot of time on it either. I would be nice to see something else come across my updates other than what jomatho is doing or not doing :lol:
K9, you rock! Way to get those workouts in! I am right there running with you! See my update below.
Shisk, CONGRATS on both 45# and 15% weight loss!!!!! :woohoo:
Shells, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! That is super duper exciting! You have come a long way baby!
Dancerchickchic, :welcome:
Diana32, glad you are feeling better, I hate it when I feel bloated too!
Zoo, 5.8 for the month is AWESOME! :woohoo:
Milesaway, not sure if you will read this before you leave, but let me remind you that you are able to wear a bikini!!! That is an accomplishment in an of itself! Enjoy your bikini body and your vacation!
Still, you are back on track, good for you!!!
Sum, have a great weekend!
ItsMyTurn, you are right, a loss is a loss and you are overcoming a lot of obstacles and working that program, good for you! Crossing my fingers and toes you get your whoosh soon too!
Pint, great to hear from you! You have a lot going on right now! You are a strong woman, don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise.

Thats as far back as I can go right now, just want to touch base with everyone, I feel like I haven't had as much time to keep up the last couple days and I miss you guys.

Today's accountability:
Got in my 1 hour walk outdoors, and then started my September running challenge by running 3 miles :woohoo: and I feel great. Calories and food is on track for the day. I really do like tracking my food when I take the time to do it! I just need more time in the day, don't we all right?

berryblondeboys
09-01-2011, 04:06 PM
And Adrian has pneumonia. Not just a little, but full blown bad pneumonia in the left lobe. The doctor only sent him as a precaution as it sounded OK after he coughed. Go figure. So, he should be on the road to recovery really soon. My husband is picking up the antibiotic as I type.

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
And Adrian has pneumonia. Not just a little, but full blown bad pneumonia in the left lobe. The doctor only sent him as a precaution as it sounded OK after he coughed. Go figure. So, he should be on the road to recovery really soon. My husband is picking up the antibiotic as I type.

Wishing your son a speedy recovery....:hug:

jomatho
09-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Oh my! He will be feeling better in no time!

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Well....I can't find my post. I know I checked in somewhere! Anyway...I am still on plan. Hurricane sent me a little off for the weekend, then back on track on Monday. Without power for 12 hours during the hurricane, without internet for 2-3 days...I was so bored!

Then getting back to work, working for a couple of hours, then having to go back home due to dh health problems (Stress x2); then working the next night (Lots of stress, working 13 hours) to catch up on paperwork.

I am on plan, but I could of given into emotional eating, but I did not! So, I am so proud of myself.

I am so proud of everyone staying accountable to this group thread. Behavior changes even thought they are small to begin with, does make a difference in your life.

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Actual ............ 1,051 161 20 60
Your Daily Goal 1,470 202 49 55
Remaining ......... 419 41 29 -5

Calories Carbs Fat Protein

MFP is telling me to up the calories..sheesh, thought I was doin pretty good.

ItsMyTurn
09-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Still worried not hearing from mamakat... wish there was another way to reach her.

Vixsin - way to go on getting your planning on!!! Love it!

Donna - Great job starting to move!!! 2 miles is a huge accomplishment... that's 2 more miles than a couch can provide ;)

berry - So very sorry to hear of DS's pnuemonia... that is so horrible * sending prayers of healing out for Adrian *

jomatho - I am also on MFP. I do not track as often as I should (also need more hours in the day.. OR... less I have to accomplish in the hours provided would work too, lol). I will see if I can figure out how to add someone... can't guarantee success, :lol:

Wanna - Accountability does help a lot.. a visual to yourself to own what you do toward goals for sure :)

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Actual ............ 1,051 161 20 60
Your Daily Goal 1,470 202 49 55
Remaining ......... 419 41 29 -5

Calories Carbs Fat Protein

MFP is telling me to up the calories..sheesh, thought I was doin pretty good.

I can't send you personal IM's as of yet, but I defo think you could use the info provided on this thread: Heart Rate Meds (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241983-heart-meds-weight-loss.html) especially kaplods opinion and our very own beloved friend Larry H.

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I can't send you personal IM's as of yet, but I defo think you could use the info provided on this thread: Heart Rate Meds (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241983-heart-meds-weight-loss.html) especially kaplods opinion and our very own beloved friend Larry H.

Thank you ......

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Donna - Great job starting to move!!! 2 miles is a huge accomplishment... that's 2 more miles than a couch can provide ;)

:thanks:

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, my day has went pretty well. I am going to turn into SBD Lazy Cabbage after today! Itís ALL I really ate. I did get that :bike2: in, but I really donít like to ride that much. It was a lovely day for it, but I just canít get excited about :bike2: I did almost 6 miles (40 min). It was a light effort, at best!

Todayís Menu
Ĺ Powerbar 180
Lazy Cabbage! FF Cheese, Peach 409
Heart Healthy Trail Mix, Lakewood Cranberry Juice ;) THX DIANA! 325
Lazy Cabbage! 237
Dinner is pending, but itíll probably be the last of the Lazy Cabbage!
Total (before Dinner): 1151

Water: 112 oz + (Do you all keep counting after 64-80 oz? I keep losing count after so much)
:running: 488 :bike2: 252
Total: 740 :woohoo:

So, I have a dilemma, and I need some expert advice! I am going on a camping trip tomorrow with my parents and DH. My parents and I are leaving tomorrow morning to set up camp b/c DH has to work. My mom just phoned me and stated they wanted to leave at 7a.m.!!!! WHAT??? 7 a.m.??? I was planning to get my last run in at 0630 and leave maybe by 9 or 10 at the very earliest! What to do?? If I leave at 7, there is NO WAY Iíll do my run, and Iíll be in the woods Saturday, so no time then either!
:tantrum: Live and Learn!! I should have ran Tuesday instead of going out!! NEVER AGAIN!!! :tantrum:

Nanna7
09-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I am going to turn into SBD Lazy Cabbage after today! And what is SBD Lazy Cabbage?

shishkeberry
09-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Berry I hope your ds feels better soon.

Diana3271
09-01-2011, 10:34 PM

It's the end/beginning of the month, so I have been busy at work. I wasn't able to come back for personals. :(

Berry Sending healing thoughts to your DS. :hug: I hope he starts feeling better quickly with the meds.

Total Approx 1360 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (620 calories)
6 ounce sirloin 260 calories
About 4 ounces grilled mahi 150 calories
Steamed Broccoli 110 calories
Literally a bite of rice 50 calories
Bite of DH salad 50 calories

Exercise:
~KCM's 30 MTF TLC Conditioning Workout w/weighted gloves - standing portion
~TF Fire 45 EZ w/weight gloves

ItsMyTurn
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Krystal - is it possible to ask if they will be willing to leave earlier so you can fit in your run? The woods aren't going anywhere, you will still hit destination in plenty of time to set up camp... and you will feel better getting in the run... win-win for all? :)

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM

**Prayers for Adrian to feel better soon!**

K9Owner
09-01-2011, 11:24 PM
And what is SBD Lazy Cabbage?

SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/148111-lazy-cabbage-roll-casserole-p1-2-3-a.html) (South Beach Diet)
I don't add any type of noodles or rice to keep the carbs low.
I am eating it plain this week, but I have been known to put it over Great Northern Beans! :drool:

Diana3271
09-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :yay: Happy Labor Day weekend! :woohoo:

I am up early this morning. I've got some extra stuff to do before I can start the weekend! :woohoo:

Does anyone have plans for the weekend?

DH and I are having something similar to a staycation. We will be going to some restaurants that we haven't been to in a while. I was hoping my weight would be lower by now, but thanks to the reaction last week, it is not. I will just do the best that I can. Tonight is Mexican food, tomorrow is Italian, Sunday is Japanese (we are going to the restaurant where we went to on our first date. :love:), Monday might be steak.

My friend asked me to go to the movies with her. Our DH's are hunting buddies and they will be bird hunting this weekend. I think it will be a fun weekend.

Weigh In: 144.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

DZackery
09-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Sry I havn't been around a whole bunch. My internship is exhausting. The it's home to kids, bathes, dinner, dishes, laundry, RUNNING, my own shower, homework and somewhere in there....bed. I took a weeeee peek at the scale the morning and it showed I'm down 1. Perhaps the added protein in the diet made the difference?

Yesterdays calories were lower then recoommended but I didnt ever feel hungry or unsatisfied. I also noticed that since I drink the protein in my coffee....the kids go to specials at 0930 and I'm not even thinking of a snack, when usually I'd be starving.

Anywho...I'm off to wake the kiddies for school. Congrats to everyones losses and happy day to all!

K9Owner
09-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Ok Chicks and Larry,
I really need some help understanding what exactly it is I need to do in order to lose weight.
Here are my stats from last week, b/c Iím a dork like this and calculated everything!

BMR: 9415/wk 1345/day
Total Cals last week: 10,736 Avg: 1533/day
Exercise Cals last week: 3023 Avg: 432/day
Net Cals: 7713 Avg: 1102/day

I gained 1.2 this week! :dizzy:
Exercise more? Eat less? Iím at such a loss! I thought for sure since I didnít have any 2000 cal days, I would either drop or maintain.
This has been one of the better eating/exercising weeks Iíve had, and I gained! And even if it is water, that still means Iím not losing true fat pounds.

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Krystal: Muscle is heavy. All body types are different. You are probably losing inches and gaining muscle. Muscle burns up calories. It seems our bodies are set at a weight point (my opinion) that it seems to want to maintain. Think about it..... Is there a weight where it seems like your body will always return when you are not dieting.

Some bodies are not meant to go to a certain weight.

What was your weight after marriage and after children? Do you think you can maintain your current lifestyle for years? Just thinking... (My opinion...I do not wish to offend by my comments). Throwing out thoughts to think about.

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I am checking in today. I will stay on plan today and I will stay busy today. Lots of house cleaning to be done today with little breaks every 15 minutes or so.

Nanna7
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Good Morning....

Well, I did my 2 mile walk with Leslie this morning. Kind of confusing though, she says it's 2 miles, but I had my pedometer on and it only said 1.26..........:?: so somebody is not right. But it stands to reason, constant movement for 30 minutes should be 2 miles. I mean, there isn't 1 second that you are not moving your feet. It's quite a workout. Well, for me anyways lol, I was sweating bullets.And even if it is just 1 mile, it's more than I was doing.

K-9Owner........ that cabbage recipe sounds yummy.

I am so thankful I found this website and all you guys......I appreciate all your comments, help and support. It really means a lot to me.

Diana3271
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
DZachery Congrats on the pound! How is Poncho doing?

K9 Are you getting enough sleep? I know lack of sleep has caused my weight loss to slow a little in the past even though I was on plan.

Wannabeloseragain Hi :wave: Great job on checking in and being accountable.

Nanna Congrats on getting that walk in! I agree that walking for 30 minutes should be the focus, not if it's 2 miles or not. Great job! :carrot:

Berry How is your DS today?

berryblondeboys
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Another restless night. I need some GOOD SLEEP!!! This stuff I'm getting is not sleep. It's torture!

And scale was up a bit this morning - though we had pizza last night for dinner. I stayed within my calories, but obviously not within sodium norms.

No improvement with my son yet, but it's too soon to really see anything. By tonight we should be seeing some progress with the antibiotics.

zoodoo613
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Good Morning....

Well, I did my 2 mile walk with Leslie this morning. Kind of confusing though, she says it's 2 miles, but I had my pedometer on and it only said 1.26..........:?: so somebody is not right. But it stands to reason, constant movement for 30 minutes should be 2 miles. I mean, there isn't 1 second that you are not moving your feet. It's quite a workout. Well, for me anyways lol, I was sweating bullets.And even if it is just 1 mile, it's more than I was doing.

K-9Owner........ that cabbage recipe sounds yummy.

I am so thankful I found this website and all you guys......I appreciate all your comments, help and support. It really means a lot to me.

A few thoughts:

I know some people swear by them, but I've found pedometers to be pretty unreliable. I'll count steps and come up with an entirely different number. Or I'll be sitting at a desk and it records a bunch of steps. That, coupled with the fact that it's hard to calibrate them precisely to your stride length, would make me skeptical of the distance it told me.

Second, 30 minutes of exercise is great, but unless you've been at it a while, it's unlikely you covered 2 miles in 30 minutes. That's a really fast pace. I can do it, on occasion, but it's pushing it, and I definitely don't think I could have when I was just starting out.

Go here: mapmywalk.com You can plot your walk and find out for sure how far you went. And you can record it and see where you've gone in the past, how fast, etc. I love it.

ItsMyTurn
09-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Great accountability going on here!!!! Loving seeing all the posts!

Diana - That sounds like a fabulous weekend! We don't have any plans really. I won't have to report to work for 3 days and I get to actually have some time with my kids and DH, so consider that quite a wonderful treat :)

DZ - try to remember to take time to breathe for yourself too ;)

Krystal - Have you tried mixing things up? Having a cardio blast day.... rotate the calories a bit.... or maybe eat a different "type" of calorie for a couple days? Usually when calories and and calories out are not seeming like the right formula, it's time to confuse the body.

berry - I sure hope you see improvement in DS soon :hug:

Donna - Great job on the walk - no matter what the distance! It's activity and movement, and something to be proud of! You go girl!

As for me... elliptical last night for 40 mins and felt awesome! Today is Friday, so once I get through work day, I have a 3 day weekend that I am very much looking forward to! :)

Nanna7
09-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Got in a little extra walking this afternoon. I know, it's good for me. A little here, a little there....

zoodoo613 That indoor walk I do with Leslie Sansone is very high pace. It is a struggle for me to keep up with.

Working on my menus and trying to make sure I get plenty of fiber in there. Gotta do a little veggie research to see what's best.

Have a great day !!

K9Owner
09-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I'll be posting via iPhone this wknd.

WannaBe: i'm not easily offended. All of your questions are answered in my UserBio blog under the "May" tab. It's the first 2 blogs.
In high school (10th grade), i was a member of TOPS, then at 15 y.o. & 145-150lbs, always trying to be 140. When i got married, i was in RN school & was approx 160. Before nursing, i was a running coach and was able to maintain 140-145 with 3 days of running approx 3.5-5 miles at a time.
I don't keep my food journal hidden, it's made public info for friends in MFP.

Diana: I hope you've gathered by now, my sleep pattern SUX!!

I work 7p-7a: one, 2, & sometimes 3 nites a week, though i try to limit it to 2!
My sleep is always compromised!

Star: At this point, I would pretty much consider anything to get these last 10 lbs off.

I'm just not happy with my body at this present weight. I realize many of you would love to be where I am & you're screaming, "stop your whining!!", but I'm still considered 'overweight'!!

ItsMyTurn
09-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Krystal - I would like to be at your weight, but I am certainly not yelling for you to stop whining ;) I would like to be your weight cause it would be perfect for MY body... it would be where I was happy and that doesn't mean it is where YOU are happy - that being said. If in your shoes, I would hit a cardio blast day (not sure how you would fit it in your schedule) and then fluxuate the calories and change up the food a bit for a couple days... then when back to your routine, your body is confused and you "should" (in an ideal world) achieve some results you are looking for ;) And for the record..and this is MY opinion....I don't care if you have 10Lbs, 20Lbs, 100Lbs to lose.... if you have to struggle then it's a battle of frustration. Most of us have had to do an almost constant struggle our whole lives in order to achieve...I have not felt it less daunting a task when I had 20 Lbs to lose, as I did this time with a TON more to lose :lol: Both suck :P

Nanna7
09-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Is there a recipe section on this website? I have been looking and haven't found any.

Nanna7
09-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm just not happy with my body at this present weight. I realize many of you would love to be where I am & you're screaming, "stop your whining!!", but I'm still considered 'overweight'!!

I will be one of these days !! Your weight that is.....lol
Girl your half of me !!

DZackery
09-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Diana Thanks for the congrats. Poncho is doing GREAT! I think I've got his gut back to 100%. And Nooooooo worms. :)

berryblondeboys
09-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I'll be posting via iPhone this wknd.

WannaBe: i'm not easily offended. All of your questions are answered in my UserBio blog under the "May" tab. It's the first 2 blogs.
In high school (10th grade), i was a member of TOPS, then at 15 y.o. & 145-150lbs, always trying to be 140. When i got married, i was in RN school & was approx 160. Before nursing, i was a running coach and was able to maintain 140-145 with 3 days of running approx 3.5-5 miles at a time.
I don't keep my food journal hidden, it's made public info for friends in MFP.

Diana: I hope you've gathered by now, my sleep pattern SUX!!

I work 7p-7a: one, 2, & sometimes 3 nites a week, though i try to limit it to 2!
My sleep is always compromised!

Star: At this point, I would pretty much consider anything to get these last 10 lbs off.

I get it. i really do. We all know our bodies the best. My husband looked FINE at 190 - it was an OK BMI for him too, but he says he feels better around 170, so that's what he's shooting for. Though it too is taking him a LONG time to get there. He's been hovering around 175 for months and months. When there isn't much 'extra', it can take a long time and who knows why.

zoodoo613
09-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Got in a little extra walking this afternoon. I know, it's good for me. A little here, a little there....

zoodoo613 That indoor walk I do with Leslie Sansone is very high pace. It is a struggle for me to keep up with.

Working on my menus and trying to make sure I get plenty of fiber in there. Gotta do a little veggie research to see what's best.

Have a great day !!

Hee! I somehow didn't catch on that it was a video! I guess mapmywalk.com won't help much.

This is just me, but I never like to see stationary exercise translated to miles. I haven't gone anywhere. Doesn't mean I haven't had a great workout!

K9Owner
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Diana Thanks for the congrats. Poncho is doing GREAT! I think I've got his gut back to 100%. And Nooooooo worms. :)

:yay:
So glad he's better!!

Diana3271
09-02-2011, 10:46 PM
K9 Maybe this is kinda far fetched, but it can't hurt to try. I know you work these crazy hours and sleep is crazy too. Try to eat a good calorie range for you every day. Don't do any calorie cycling (highs/lows) just the same calorie range. Don't do any running. Every single day go for a walk. Walk as long as you can. Try to get in at least a 45 minute walk every day, longer if you can. Maybe this will allow your body to relax and release some stress. Then it can get back to operating efficiently. :dunno: I think it's worth a try.

Nanna Every diet plan on here has it's own recipe section at the top of its heading. Here is the one under Food Talk and Fabulous Finds. It's at the top. They also have some within the forum. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/

ItsMyTurn No work for 3 days! :yay: Me too! Enjoy the family time!

Diana3271
09-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I am over my normal calorie range. I had a planned higher calorie day. I will probably be doing this until Monday. I will try to make the best choices that I can and/or share foods when possible. I will also attempt to do a kick butt workout everyday or do something that challenges me in a different way than I am used to.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner
Tortilla Chips/Queso dip
1 small chicken enchilada off the ala carte menu (all the meals come with rice/beans and the rice has green beans and green peas. I am avoiding legumes so I just ordered off the ala carte menu)
1 extra flour tortilla (from DH) to mop up the extra enchilada sauce
Shared chocolate cake w/DH

Exercise: Kick Butt workout today!
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (upper and lower body premix w/#10 Previously I used #5 or #8 for light and #10 for heavy. This time I used #10 all the way through. Yay me!)
Cathe's Cardio Kicks

Diana3271
09-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I am up too early this morning. :dunno: I think my problem on the weekend, is that I am used to getting up at a certain time during the week. That internal clock thing. I think the best thing is for me to go to bed early on the weekend too. That way I can still get my 7-8 hours sleep. I don't always want to do that, though. ;)

Weigh In: 144.4
Up: .2 I will take it, thank you very much! I'm sure I will be crying the blues the rest of the weekend and through next week!

WannaBeLoserAgain
09-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Checking in. I am going back to sleep later this morning, so to work tonight. I WILL stay on plan! I WILL stay on plan. (Talking to myself here) I have been stuck on 183 and I would love to see a 182 on Monday. It is slow going and I will stay dedicated to my plan.

DZackery
09-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Good Morning....

DianaI totally get the internal clock thing. My kids have it and during the week they get up at 6ish....well on the weekends they still get up at 6ish and I'm all about the sleeping in. Oh well....such is life.

down 1 more this morning. I think I will stick with this protein supplement for now. It tastes pretty ok and it's helping me get rid of water weight. :)

Diana3271
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM
down 1 more this morning. I think I will stick with this protein supplement for now. It tastes pretty ok and it's helping me get rid of water weight. :)

DZachery Congrats on that pound! :carrot:

Bal Krishna Shrestha
09-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone!!
How r u all??? i m just getting fatter nd fatter month by month..now i m planning to loose my weight soon nd be fit.i m thinking about swimming regularly and to loose to 150-155!! hope i get success in this!! :)

mamakat
09-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Good morning everyone,
I'm Back! I didn't think I'd ever get back, but here I am. And down a few pounds to boot. With power out it's hard to eat low carb as we couldn't keep food in the house. No ice anywhere to be found...least of our worries though. We are still trying to dig out "literally" in some areas. Oh the joy our neighbors had when the power came back on Wednesday evening. My DH heard me yell with glee two roads over :p. We have been waiting for internet/phones for nearly a week. I am posting the very moment it came back on to let you all know I am here.

I haven't read any posts yet, but I'll go back now and do so. Oh how I've missed 3FC and internet. It has been a very very crazy road here. I hope you are all well. DH says another storm is brewing off the coast of Africa, oh how I hate the name...DH has laughed already. Anyway, have a great day everyone!

shishkeberry
09-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Yay, welcome back mamakat!

Nanna7
09-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Good Morning !!

Looks like a beautiful weekend here in the Midwest. May have to get out there and see whats going on today.

As I have explained before, I have a terrible obsession with the scale. I managed to not step on the mighty monster yesterday, but I couldn't stand it any longer. I was happy to see a 1.6 lb drop on the scale. Every little bit counts I guess. Just frustrates me that I can lose so quickly doing low carb, and then I get this trying to eat lot's of fruits and veggies. I just don't get it. I understand the low carb part, I know how it works etc. Read every book put out by Dr Atkins. If next week continues like this, I may have to give him a try again. Just be very careful on the fats.

Nanna7
09-03-2011, 12:02 PM
So glad you are safe mamakat Everyone has been worried about you.....

Nanna7
09-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Nanna Every diet plan on here has it's own recipe section at the top of its heading. Here is the one under Food Talk and Fabulous Finds. It's at the top. They also have some within the forum. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/

Thanks....;)

mamakat
09-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Berry I hope Adrian is doing better, what a terrible summer he's had. :( I hope you get sleep soon.

Nanna looks like determination is paying off 1.6lbs down is great. You are doing wonderfully on the exercising/walking. Keep up the great work. Thank you for the welcome back :)

Shish Thank you for the welcome back. Congrats on 45 lbs...girl you are amazing. You have done so much this summer, you inspire me. Way to go. :)

Krystal I'm sorry you're still struggling. I have no input on how to lose as I just go by what others tell me what to do. I know it can be disheartening especially fighting the same darn pounds for years. Bluck. But as a nurse you know that what you are doing is still so beneficial to your body. Not that that helps with pounds. But you know me, I'm all about the health and well being of the body and mind as well as pounds lost and I just see all the good things you are doing for your body. I wish that helped mentally as well.

Speaking of mental :p I am under strict doctor (shrink) care. I've always been under care mind you, but it's a little closer right now. I'm in an OK state of mind for a person who just got hit full on by a hurricane and lived to tell about it :D I lost my glasses in the storm...I'll tell you that story one day. But because of 9/11 fast approaching and all the other stuff, I am being monitored with hawk eyes. He has prescribed yet another drug for me to get over the hump. I did not eat cake, but I can't say that I've been good to myself these past weeks. BUT I am doing as well as can be expected if not better :) Thank you for asking. It's nice to be asked sometimes.

I know I have missed many of you and I'm so sorry. The internet is still iffy so I wanted to post as fast as I could. I will do my best to stay up on everything from here on in. I see that a lot of you are struggling and I totally understand. Due to the storm it was very hard for me to stay OP, but I did. Well sort of...I didn't really eat until dinner time. We had no way of keeping anything cool and no ice to cool it so it pretty much was dinner by grill and candle light all of this week.

What an experience. Remember before the storm I was complaining that DH had taken of Thurs and Friday which was going to make a 4 day weekend. It was much longer than that and without any form of entertainment other than being together. They were all quite sick of me let me assure you. I get antsy even with my wonderful family and that makes me mean. Real mean. I'm glad that's over. Except now we have a 4 day weekend. LOL I have had enough.

I hope you are doing better today. Keep your heads up. Have a great and healthy day

ETA although I won't change it til Monday (and hopefully it will still be there) I am one pound away from 50lbs lost. I feel like running :D Course that's not gonna happen but I haven't worked out all week. Maybe I'll get to today. ONE POUND!

Nanna7
09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome....

Bal Krishna Shrestha, I'm assuming you are new here.

shishkeberry
09-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Aw, thanks mamakat :) i teared up a little there. It's nice to hear that someone is proud of me. I think my DF is starting to get tired of hearing about it.

mamakat
09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Shish I know all too well what its like to not get the congrats on the home front. When I jumped off the scale today and yelled OMG only DS cheered. He's my support guy, not sure why, but I think he's proud mom is doing it finally. And I will never not be happy for my friends who are losing, EVEN if you pass me, which I suspect you will. I'm very happy for you.

How are things going with car seat and clothes? I hope things are getting better for you.

Nanna I meant to congratulate you on your newest baby granddaughter. Babies are the best. :)

Nanna7
09-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Nanna[/B] looks like determination is paying off 1.6lbs down is great. You are doing wonderfully on the exercising/walking. Keep up the great work. Thank you for the welcome back :)

Do you really think 1.6 lbs is good? I been beating myself up over it.....

mamakat
09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Nanna First, I think any loss is good, but more importantly I think eating right and exercising is fantastic for anyone. I'm sure you've read my previous posts. I really mean what I say. Pounds are great, thats a given, but what we are doing for our bodies that we can not see is so important.

My entire family has died of some form of cancer. I recently had my uterus removed due to the same issue. I can't say that eating right and exercising will keep cancer at bay, but I know personally that a healthier lifestyle gives you a greater chance at living a healthier life.

You have mentioned walking 2 miles (I believe twice now) on videos this week. You sounded disappointed in the first post, like that wasn't good enough. At the beginning of this summer I couldn't walk a block (no exageration) and the block I walked was on a cane. But not once did I not think I wasn't doing something good for myself, however minimal it was. I'm off the cane now, Nanna, and hiking.

I was stuck on the same weight for nearly 7 weeks, no movement at all. And thats with being strict and exercising nearly every day...I do not cheat on my diet (I don't consider it a diet either) so theres no logical reason I didn't lose. BUT I didn't. So what. I lost inches and I gained stamina. I can now do 25 push ups...pushing up my own weight, that to me is a miracle.

It doesn't happen in a day, it just doesn't. No matter how much we want it to. But the benefits we are doing our bodies is so fantastic. I am so joyous to be walking that I get a little too excited about it at times...walking is something we all can do or so some of us would believe. But just walking will help our bodies in so many ways, not just pounds.

Yes, I think 1.6lbs is great Nanna. Be thrilled, rejoice. Go and do all the walking you can and be proud of it. You have the ability now show yourself you have the determination, for your grandbabies, but most importantly for yourself. You are worth it!

ItsMyTurn
09-03-2011, 03:52 PM
First off... mamakat... I was worried about you, so glad to have you back up and running!!!! Thank you for checking in here to let us know you were alright!!!! :hug:

Next... Donna - 1.6 Lbs is excellent!!! It is a move forward and in the right direction... just like a 2 mile walk!!! Please don't think that you have to be as fit as a trainer at this point in the game, cause that is just not realistic. What you do have to focus on is that is almost 2Lbs less you have left to lose, and how amazing is that??? It doesn't just fall off... if it did, we would not refer to our battles to getting healthier as "struggles". We have all taught ourselves behaviors over YEARS that have contributed, we have all gained medical issues that complicate things further...and we all have obstacles in real life that just get in the way... but YOU didn't use that as an excuse... no you didn't... YOU got up, went for those walks... YOU lost weight!!! :carrot: Could you say that before you started? Not sure about you... but when you were slowly gaining... would you worry about a pound gained? Or 1.6? I didn't... if you were like me, then look back and see yourself now, see how fast those 1Lbs, or 1.6Lbs added up.... NOW how important is losing 1.6?? You lose 1-1.6 each time and look at how THAT will add up... way better direction and pretty significant in that perspective I think ;) So be proud! Be strong! Know that you are setting a great example for yourself right now to hold to...and your grandchild to look up to... cause no matter how old you get, obstacles that stand in the way... only YOU are in charge of YOUR choices on how to live and succeed!!! *Happy jiggin' for the progress of Donna*

ItsMyTurn
09-03-2011, 03:56 PM
AFM - I was going to get in a bike ride today, but by time I got house chores done at 10:30, it was 100 degrees out... change of plans, :lol: So did a 10 minute warm-up on elliptical and then set it to "Cardio Blast" mode for lower body and kicked it up! After I did my stretches. I am hoping to fully take advantage of the day off and hit the gym for strength training today since I had to miss out last night due to medical issues being in a total flair again. This gets annoying sometimes. I am very happy to have 3 days off though and hoping the removal of work stress with allow the pressure on my lung to ease where the nodules are... I know stress is a huge contributor and I try to work it out during exercise, but only so much I can do. Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!

mamakat
09-03-2011, 04:28 PM
ItsMyTurn thanks for the welcome back. I'm sorry you had to worry, what a crazy storm that was. I've lived in Phoenix all of my life so even when they said it was going to hit my town directly, I still didn't think much of it. :lol: until I saw the water at my front door! The waves were crazy and they pounded out neighbors' houses like they were seawalls. They are literally using small yellow digger things (lol I can't think of the word...bulldozer?) to dig out! It is so crazy. Makes me long for hot Phoenix again.

My family is fine. Luckily we live on a plot of land that is higher than the rest of the neighborhood. That saved us. The water poured in our neighbors' driveways like they were rivers, streams while ours was saved. The city had screwed it up a few years ago when building a new sidewalk. Boy did we complain then. Now we are thankful as it was like a dam. I feel bad for our neighbors especially those who lost their homes to the trees, what a sight. But I have a new appreciation for mother nature and her destruction. So weird before the storm I was worried about my gym...during the week I was worried about food as we couldn't get out!

But like I said we are all well and the neighborhood is cleaning up and out. It was an experience to say the very least. One I don't care to repeat. :lol:

ItsMyTurn
09-03-2011, 04:51 PM
mamakat - I am so sorry for your neighbors losing their homes, I can't imagine that nightmare, but so very grateful you all were spared!!! Looks like having the higher land plot certainly worked in your favor! Now I do have to ask... after living in Phoenix your whole life, what brought you so far north? LOL! I only ask cause I went the opposite direction! LOL! I went from the north Maine woods to Maricopa... a suburb that is fairly newly developed outside of the Phoenix Metro area. I love it here... well...except the record breaking heat we are having lately, lol... and much prefer the weather. So curiosity is killing me :) I couldn't help but worry... I know they say people on internet could be posing as others, they aren't real if it isn't in real life meet, etc... but I disagree.... I am a mom, and when I start to care about people, I worry of their well-being... can't help it, think it just becomes instinct, lol. Something else I can blame on having my kids, LOL!!!

berryblondeboys
09-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Just doing a quick check in. Adrian is doing much better. Tired, but not needing to take anything for fever any more - which is a step in the right direction, for sure.

For me, did bodypump today. Might want to try to take a walk this evening AND I got some decent sleep last night, finally.

But my head is in a funk. Got word my grandmother (paternal) was dying yesterday and she did pass last night. I wasn't close to her and her actually passing isn't bumming me out too bad (after my parent's divorce when I was 11, I didn't have much contact with her), but it's bringing out the worst in my family and it makes me realize why I had to keep my distance from them in the first place. So sad that my mom's mental games tore us all apart as siblings.... and that is putting me in a funk.

mamakat
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Berry glad to hear about Adrian...sorry about your grandmother and the issues that come with that. it's weird when family members die and you start hearing who gets what or who wants what...I'm thankful we were poor as dirt so that never happened...as it is everyone died within a year of each other. How weird is that? :hug: I hope things get better. :)

ItsMyTurn chalk it up to boredom, or wanting to get out from under the wings of the devil :p. I woke up one morning (bored housewife) and was watching Who's the Boss? I told DH I wanted to live there. He too was bored in working at the Nuclear Plant so he started looking and found a job here. We came for an interview when my DS was a newborn and then three weeks later moved out here. Now we are near no family and he has left that company to start his own. But we so badly want to go back to Az. His dad is in Glendale, we were in Awatukee. If we did come back we'd be a little more northern than his dad, but not by much. He works out there a great deal at the Heard Museum and it's sister. And thats our lovely move to CT because of a dumb tv show story....:lol: He is a pleaser and I'm Bipolar so it makes for a very fun and adventurous life....:lol:

Nanna7
09-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Nanna First, I think any loss is good, but more importantly I think eating right and exercising is fantastic for anyone. I'm sure you've read my previous posts. I really mean what I say. Pounds are great, thats a given, but what we are doing for our bodies that we can not see is so important.

My entire family has died of some form of cancer. I recently had my uterus removed due to the same issue. I can't say that eating right and exercising will keep cancer at bay, but I know personally that a healthier lifestyle gives you a greater chance at living a healthier life.

You have mentioned walking 2 miles (I believe twice now) on videos this week. You sounded disappointed in the first post, like that wasn't good enough. At the beginning of this summer I couldn't walk a block (no exageration) and the block I walked was on a cane. But not once did I not think I wasn't doing something good for myself, however minimal it was. I'm off the cane now, Nanna, and hiking.

I was stuck on the same weight for nearly 7 weeks, no movement at all. And thats with being strict and exercising nearly every day...I do not cheat on my diet (I don't consider it a diet either) so theres no logical reason I didn't lose. BUT I didn't. So what. I lost inches and I gained stamina. I can now do 25 push ups...pushing up my own weight, that to me is a miracle.

It doesn't happen in a day, it just doesn't. No matter how much we want it to. But the benefits we are doing our bodies is so fantastic. I am so joyous to be walking that I get a little too excited about it at times...walking is something we all can do or so some of us would believe. But just walking will help our bodies in so many ways, not just pounds.

Yes, I think 1.6lbs is great Nanna. Be thrilled, rejoice. Go and do all the walking you can and be proud of it. You have the ability now show yourself you have the determination, for your grandbabies, but most importantly for yourself. You are worth it!

Thanks, ya know, it always takes someone else breaking it down to have it make sense. I know I am doing the right thing, and even if I don't lose an ounce, I'm still doing good things for my body..........Taking it off slow is probably best anyway. I have proven to myself over and over again that I can lose weight. Like the 107 lbs I lost in 2006 and gained back the following year. I'm gonna do this, I want to live a long time.. I want to see my granddaughters grow up, I don't want them to have to take care of me. And if I keep going the way I have been, that's just what would be happening.
The first day I went out for a walk, I thought I was going to die. My knees hurt so bad, all I could think of was getting back home. But now it's getting easier. And I know with each day I do it. It will get even easier.....

DZackery
09-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Evening to all!

MamaKatI'm so glad to hear you guys are good after Irene. Being in FL I have an acute appreciation for storms. :)

Went grocery shopping today. I got lots of yummy healthy stuff....lettuce, cucumbers, apples, grapes, bananas, shrimp, and MIO, my new water picker upper.

I got very frustrated though cause I thought that Clorox made a color safe bleach and I could not find it anywhere. I decided to try Calgon water softener.

Anyway...I have a night of blessed peace once the kiddies are asleep. DH is flagging the gokart races in Fruitland tonight. What do IIIIII want to do? hmmm....NOTHING! :) I mean go running...:^:

But seriously...I need a break. ;)

I am in love (thats love with a heart) with my new cardio workout...I found a link...it's a must watch. I recommend it at least 3 times per day....especially with the company I keep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1BrP-vLpI

berryblondeboys
09-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Berry glad to hear about Adrian...sorry about your grandmother and the issues that come with that. it's weird when family members die and you start hearing who gets what or who wants what...I'm thankful we were poor as dirt so that never happened...as it is everyone died within a year of each other. How weird is that? :hug: I hope things get better. :)

Actually, she was dirt poor - her house was auctioned off last year. So, thankfully there isn't any of that, but it's the message I got from my sister, "After I had already gotten the message from my mom), "I don't know if you care, but grandma X is dying." Like, why is it necessary to insert the dig??? Like who wouldn't care? It's crap like that.

And.. Adrian's fever shot back up. 103.6

mamakat
09-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Berry that's aweful, sorry. I don't understand family dynamics as my family was messed up the moment they were spawned :p I love watching how my DH's family interacts though, it's like the friggin Brady Bunch...that's one of the many reasons I married him. His family shocked me by hugging me the first day I met them. My family never hugged me, so I wasn't sure what to do :lol: It still freaks me out a bit, but I love it at the same time. :D
Sorry to hear about Adrian....sending all my best thoughts his way. ((get well Adrian))

DZ thanks for the welcome back. I hope you enjoy your free time. I can't wait for a day alone (giggle). I love MIO. I love the peach mango, can't get enough. I can't wait til they lower the price once it gets popular enough to do so.

Well the MP3 player I bought a few weeks ago broke...I'm now regretting I didn't pay for insurance. It was a cheap piece o'...but I can't work out without music and DS stole my HDTV. So I didn't work out today. And I lost the other MP3 player...it's a mad house here. People are celebrating right now. They celebrated when the power came on too. It's driving my dog crazy. How on earth did their fireworks make it through the storm and my glasses didn't....LOL...another day.

I hope you all have a great evening. Smells like dinner is coming soon. :D

berryblondeboys
09-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Berry that's aweful, sorry. I don't understand family dynamics as my family was messed up the moment they were spawned :p I love watching how my DH's family interacts though, it's like the friggin Brady Bunch...that's one of the many reasons I married him. His family shocked me by hugging me the first day I met them. My family never hugged me, so I wasn't sure what to do :lol: It still freaks me out a bit, but I love it at the same time. :D

LOL sounds like my family - touch? Affection? hugs? NEVER... My family is/was ROYALLLLLLY screwed up and it took a couple years of counseling to figure out that the best way for me to move on and heal was to just keep my distance. They are just poison and I'm too sensitive to let it roll off my back.

Anyway... thanks for listening. Sorry you have gone through so much with this storm. It wasn't nearly as bad as the predicted, but it was bad enough.

And congrats on almost reaching 50 pounds lost! That's a big accomplishment!

Diana3271
09-03-2011, 11:31 PM

Mamakat I'm so glad to see you check back in and the power is back on for you. :hug: I know that was tough on you to go through. :hug:

Bal Krishna Shrestha Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Berry Sorry to hear about your Grandmother and family situation. :hug: Please vent about it whenever you feel the need. :hug:

Hmm, Tonight was Italian night. I'm not going to be weighing tomorrow. The last time we ate at this particular Italian restaurant I felt really full and bloated. I'm feeling the same way. Their food tastes good, but it's too heavy for me. DH is already in bed, so I will tell him tomorrow that I don't think I want to go to this restaurant again anytime soon. Also, I am kinda upset with the waitress. We ordered a piece of cheesecake to share. I told the waitress about my nut allergy. I think the cheesecake had toffee in it. She said it didn't have any nuts. I think it did have nuts. I tasted nut pieces, not just the hard toffee candy. :dunno: Maybe all toffee has nuts in it. I'm not that familiar with it. I think the waitress should have known if it had nuts in it. Although, this allergy of mine isn't her responsibility, it's mine. I'm obviously not doing a very good job of managing it. I swear can't avoid nuts, no matter how hard I try. I'm grateful that I don't have bad reactions. Mine are just a PITA for a week or two. I think I am going to start taking the Allegra just in case I start having a reaction.

Exercise:
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/#5 & #10
The Firm Lower Body Sculpt 1 w/#10

shishkeberry
09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Wow, I ate a lot today. I had a pretty decent sized breakfast of eggs, scrapple and toast, a lebanon bologna sandwich (on whole wheat), more scrapple on toast, a piece of lasagna, three small bowls of jello with cool whip, a piece of steak, and parmesan noodles. Wow. That's a lot when you write it all out. That might even be over maintenance. I didn't measure the jello or the steak. It's ok, though. I've had a lot of days lately where I didn't feel hungry and I didn't even make 1200. Obviously it's caught up to me. I don't think I went way over maintenance so I'm ok with it. Just being accountable.
Oh and my dd took her first steps yesterday!

Larry H
09-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Down 3 pounds today to a new low 210!!:carrot::carrot:

This makes 107 pounds lost since I started on 1/6/2011

It is an even bigger personal milestone for me.
2 years ago I weighed 360 pounds. today makes an even 150 pounds lost.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I never believed it was possible. I am starting to really feel good about myself again.

I need to change my avatar picture as it was taken when I was 35 pound heavier than I am now!!:carrot::carrot:

I went to Goodwill today as all my clothes are again getting baggy. My pant size has gone from a 56 inch waist to a 40 inch waist. Sixteen inches gone. My shirts have gone from a tight XXXL to just a plain large. Wow!!:D:carrot::D

Now for the not so good news. My urologist sent me on Wednesday for a Cat Scan for kidney pain and a large stone that I have been trying to get rid of.
On Thursday I got a call from his office saying that the cat scan showed something on my kidney and that I was to go the next morning, yesterday to the hospital for a nuclear kidney scan. It and the cat scan show that my left kidney has severely atrophied and is not functioning. I am having severe pain attacks from that kidney several times a day now. On this Tuesday I see the urologist to find out what his diagnosis is and what the game plan going forward will be.

As soon as I know any further details I will my friends here on 3FC know.

Larry,

Pint Sized Terror
09-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Oh Larry! You are truly an inspiration!! Great job and congrats!!! I really hope things go smoothly with the kidney. Do they think it atrophied because of the stone? Maybe it was blocking something. :( I don't have a clue, but I'll be saying a prayer for you!

Mamakat, here's hoping your neighbors have a quick and relatively painless clean up.

I am down to 159.8lbs. I'm not going to lie, I literally work my butt off at work! I'm usually running 1 to 2 machines, most of it is standing work and I'm constantly lifting, opening, closing, boxing, trimming, taping, walking, crouching and reaching. I see a very definite change in how toned my calves are! I haven't been counting calories or anything, but I'm going to start now that I'm in my own place.

OH!! Tonight is my first night in my new place. :D I've already psyched myself out with the new noises. :dizzy: I cannot WAIT to get everything into its own place! At least my living room is fairly put together. :p

Anyway, stay on track guys and girls!

mamakat
09-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Larry Congrats on all the good stuff...you have become a new man for sure. I bet people who haven't seen you in a year would not recognize you. I am so inspired by you. I'm so sorry to hear about the kidney. I hope things come out all right. I'm sending you all my best thoughts...:)

Pint Congrats on your new place. Your job sounds like a work out in of itself, you don't even have to pay for gym membership :)

Shish Baby's first steps! How exciting. I still remember my babies' first steps. That's probably the only thing I remember. Did you catch it on camera?

Diana3271
09-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I took a peak at the scale and I am up a couple pounds. Hopefully I will be able to stay in my maintenance range this long weekend. My lips look a little swollen. I don't know if it's from regular water weight or an allergic reaction. :dunno: Last night we ate really late because of the time DH got home from hunting. That may be part of the problem, too. Friday night, Mexican night, we ate early. My body was able to process everything early.

Today is the movie and lunch with my friend. Tonight is Japanese food. DH won't get home until late again because of where he has to drive from.

It's really funny, I stay on plan and look forward to holidays and celebrations so I can go off plan for a day or a weekend. While I am off plan I am completely miserable and can't wait to get back on plan. (I actually see this as something good) I literally don't feel good when I am off plan and I feel so much better on plan. Please tell me how crazy is all of that? :dizzy: :lol3:

Larry You have done such a fantastic job! So sorry to hear about the kidney situation. I will be keeping you in my prayers for sure. Please update us when you have more info.

Pint Congrats on the new place and your weigh in!

berryblondeboys
09-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Larry thinking about you - might be why you can't handle sodium too - only one kidney is working - but....we have a pair, so that's at least good. And congrats on getting to 210! That's amazing!

For me, saw .8 disappear of the water weight. I had to get up during the night to pee and again had to pee a lot this morning. Pizza water weight has finally left me it seems.

Off to do zumba in a few minutes.

jomatho
09-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi gals and Larry! Hope everyone is having a great long weekend. It's a little bittersweet here, as we start school on Tues., so the last little break before the madness really starts. Finished up oldest DS school shopping yesterday, took just him and we had a great time. Still have a few things to get for my youngest, but he is not so much fun to shop with.
I bought a 22" electric griddle yesterday, it is huge! I love it, I cooked a whole package of turkey burgers yesterday at the same time! Can't wait to try pancakes or a dozen eggs for make ahead egg sandwiches. I think I will go get some more eggs today to make a bunch of those up to start the school year, I already have all the other ingredients. The only problem was finding a place to stash it! May have to do a little re-arranging in the cubboards for my new toy. DH came downstairs this morning sniffing the air wanting to know when he would smell something cooking on my new griddle, I told him I need to smell sweaty before he smells food cooking :lol: Pretty stupid to be excited about a new cooking item huh?
So I think I should change my ticker :( And if you are reading this later today, it will probably already reflect that. I took my maintenance break bouncing around 183-180 (day before vacation I was 180.2). I was still around 183-185 once I got back in the swing of things, then consistently 185, thinking that was TOM weight gain, but it wasn't, I went up to 186.6 right before TOM and now that it started Friday, I am slowly coming back down, but as of this morning I am still 185.2. So I think I should just focus my efforts from here, instead of trying to get back to my ticker, etc. Just logistics, but it will make me feel better I think.
My body really likes 185 and seems to do everything it can to stabilize there. I am working really hard and am confident I can get away from it, I just have to be patient. Plus I am experimenting with a new way of eating, so I may have to be really patient!!!
Larry, congrats on the new low! Keep us posted on your kidneys, sending you well wishes and lots of :hug:
Mamakat, sooooooooo glad you are okay, both mentally and physically!!! Sorry about your glasses, but knowing it could have been a lot worse. I hate, hate, hate it when people shoot off fireworks too! Don't mind it during fireworks shows, but anything else is just annoying.
Pint, you are working hard! I hope you are reflecting that in your calories out, calories in! You may need to eat a little more now in order to lose weight or your body will think it is starving! Have fun setting up your new place!
Berry, sorry about all the drama, you don't need that right now. Hope Adrian's fever has broken again. Did they give you parameters about the fever, like if it's not gone by such and such. . . ? Hope he can get to school this week, good news is they usually don't do much the first couple days anyways.
Diana, bummer about the possible nuts situation. Italian food can be very heavy, what did you order, so I can live vicariously through you this weekend? Describe every bite :lol: (kidding)
DZ, I like that MIO stuff too, and I am not a huge fan of fruity drinks, but sometimes water just doesn't sound good by itself.
Nanna, I think 1.6 is awesome, if you don't want it, I will take it!!!! You are used to fast weight loss with Atkins. Healthy weight loss is most times not fast. Have you read any of Kaplods posts about slow weight loss? She is very inspiring and losing very slowly, but healthfully and with a great mindset.
Shisk, aawww, first steps are adorable! Now let the fun begin, your calorie burn just went up by a couple hundred per day, and wait til she can run!!!
ItsMyTurn, cardio blast on the elliptical sounds hard. I have an elliptical, but hardly ever use it, makes my forefoot feel sort of numb. I have tried loosening my shoes, no shoes, everything :shrug:
Bal Krishna Shrestha, :welcome:
Zoodoo, :wave: Hi!
K9, :wave: Hi! Hope you are having a fabulous time!
Anyone else I missed, :wave:, Hi!

DZackery
09-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Morning!

I have decided that it is treat day. SOOO I am eating a not so healthy breakfast of a pancake and 2 pieces of bacon. Oh bacon how i have missed you.

Then it is off to church and a possibly blissful day of lazyness. Then possibly a run tonight. :)

Happy day!

Diana3271
09-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Larry thinking about you - might be why you can't handle sodium too - only one kidney is working - but....we have a pair, so that's at least good.

I have also been worried/curious about this with me. I know I only gain a few pounds of water weight with sodium, but it has always worried me that there's something wrong with me. The other people I know don't have the same issues that I have. I was kinda relieved when my blood work came back ok. They do some type of tests to check the kidneys. I asked to make sure and everything was in range.

jomatho I think I made better choices than I would have in the past. It's just that it's all heavy food. A lot heavier than I am used to.

mamakat
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I am still a little over a pound away from the 50lbs mark, so Chinese food the other night didn't kill me...I don't have to worry so much about the sodium so I make sure to only eat the low carb meals. I'm amazed that I have lost weight without exercise this week, so I know I am doing the right thing in eating even though I couldn't write it down for a week. It's natural to me now...oh how I like that.

I ordered a new pair of glasses, I can't wait to get them! My eyes are not that great and these old pair aren't strong enough. Already I have headaches, but I will survive :) I can't believe I lost my glasses in the storm. DH has called me a dork several times since then :p A tip for all who wear glasses, don't walk into a hurricane without glueing your glasses down. The wind just blew them right off and then they floated away on a stream that was once a road. Seriously I looked for them after the water receded. They are long gone. Waaa, they were my favorite pair! Hind sight, it's good that it was only my glasses, those waves were crazy as heck and that wind nearly pushed me over...wind pushing me a 234 pound woman, that's crazy. Anyways theres my glasses story. Now I wait.

I hope you all have a great day. Berry I hope Adrian is doing better today. Enjoy your Sunday everyone, I need to go find some music "Gym" and I have a date :D

zoodoo613
09-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Mornin' everyone.

I'm having a string of pretty bad eating days, starting with last Wednesday. Only one day was really bad, but the others haven't been great. I think my crazy work week really threw me off. Some (a lot) of it was stress eating. This weekend was just circumstantial. I'll get back to where I need to be.

I got a TON of exercise on Friday. We took a canoe/hiking trip. My son wanted to bring his friend, so we picked a place where we could put the canoe in at a stream and canoe up to a lake. I took the kids in the canoe and my husband hiked in with the dog. The kids swam, and fished, and we paddled around the lake some more. There's a hike to some cliffs there that I'd always wanted to do, and we talked to someone who told me how to find the trail. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention because I never did find the trail. Bushwhacking is hard. I didn't have a map (couldn't find it that morning) and my GPS hadn't initialized so I didn't have my starting position. Its compass did work though, so I was never worried about getting truly lost, but I did reach a point where I just didn't want to have to tromp back out without a trail. I eventually found my way back, and I think I've figured out what I did wrong, and where I ended up.

My first indication that I'd worked really hard was when we were loading the canoe. It's cumbersome, but not that heavy. We'd put it on the car that morning without a thought. There was a moment when I was afraid I wouldn't be able to lift it up. My arms just didn't want to cooperate. I managed, though. And then yesterday, I walked downtown to the co-op and coming home my legs were screaming. It's just not that hard a walk. I was just tired.

Here are a couple pictures. The first is a picture of me I don't hate. I needed a pic for a newsletter interview of me, and had my husband take that. It can serve as 30 lb down (or close enough anyway.) The next is the kids canoeing and the lake.

zoodoo613
09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I ordered a new pair of glasses, I can't wait to get them! My eyes are not that great and these old pair aren't strong enough. Already I have headaches, but I will survive :) I can't believe I lost my glasses in the storm. DH has called me a dork several times since then :p A tip for all who wear glasses, don't walk into a hurricane without glueing your glasses down. The wind just blew them right off and then they floated away on a stream that was once a road. Seriously I looked for them after the water receded. They are long gone. Waaa, they were my favorite pair! Hind sight, it's good that it was only my glasses, those waves were crazy as heck and that wind nearly pushed me over...wind pushing me a 234 pound woman, that's crazy. Anyways theres my glasses story. Now I wait.

First, I'm glad you're OK. I figured it was just power outage, but there's still that niggling worry.

Second, my husband lost or destroyed 4 pairs of glasses in 2 years. I'll never again be surprised by how someone lost glasses. One pair fell out a jacket, one out of a pack. One fell off this motorcycle seat without him noticing and got run over in the parking lot. One fell off his face into river we were tubing down. We finally bought the protection plan and only had to pay $25 to get the last pair replaced.

berryblondeboys
09-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Mornin' everyone.

I'm having a string of pretty bad eating days, starting with last Wednesday. Only one day was really bad, but the others haven't been great. I think my crazy work week really threw me off. Some (a lot) of it was stress eating. This weekend was just circumstantial. I'll get back to where I need to be.

I got a TON of exercise on Friday. We took a canoe/hiking trip. My son wanted to bring his friend, so we picked a place where we could put the canoe in at a stream and canoe up to a lake. I took the kids in the canoe and my husband hiked in with the dog. The kids swam, and fished, and we paddled around the lake some more. There's a hike to some cliffs there that I'd always wanted to do, and we talked to someone who told me how to find the trail. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention because I never did find the trail. Bushwhacking is hard. I didn't have a map (couldn't find it that morning) and my GPS hadn't initialized so I didn't have my starting position. Its compass did work though, so I was never worried about getting truly lost, but I did reach a point where I just didn't want to have to tromp back out without a trail. I eventually found my way back, and I think I've figured out what I did wrong, and where I ended up.

My first indication that I'd worked really hard was when we were loading the canoe. It's cumbersome, but not that heavy. We'd put it on the car that morning without a thought. There was a moment when I was afraid I wouldn't be able to lift it up. My arms just didn't want to cooperate. I managed, though. And then yesterday, I walked downtown to the co-op and coming home my legs were screaming. It's just not that hard a walk. I was just tired.

Here are a couple pictures. The first is a picture of me I don't hate. I needed a pic for a newsletter interview of me, and had my husband take that. It can serve as 30 lb down (or close enough anyway.) The next is the kids canoeing and the lake.

Looking great zoodoo!!!!

berryblondeboys
09-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I have also been worried/curious about this with me. I know I only gain a few pounds of water weight with sodium, but it has always worried me that there's something wrong with me. The other people I know don't have the same issues that I have. I was kinda relieved when my blood work came back ok. They do some type of tests to check the kidneys. I asked to make sure and everything was in range.

I put on a few pounds (no less than one) from high sodium foods like pizza, tacos, salsa and sour kraut for starters. It usually takes 2-3 days for it to come off to. And my kidneys have been checked due to the high blood sugars thing they discovered in December and my kidneys are fine, thank goodness. Larry though will gain 12-20 pounds of water weight... a far cry from 1-3 I seem to gain.

Diana3271
09-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I put on a few pounds (no less than one) from high sodium foods like pizza, tacos, salsa and sour kraut for starters. It usually takes 2-3 days for it to come off to. And my kidneys have been checked due to the high blood sugars thing they discovered in December and my kidneys are fine, thank goodness. Larry though will gain 12-20 pounds of water weight... a far cry from 1-3 I seem to gain.

Berry This is exactly what I was thinking. But, it has always been in the back of my head. I am a worrier, tend to "think" too much and over analyze things. I know worrying doesn't fix anything, but it's what I do. :dizzy:

ItsMyTurn
09-04-2011, 01:31 PM
jomatho - do the shoes you wear on elliptical fit right? It also sounds like you are putting all your weight towards the balls of your feet (the forefeet) and not distributing weight to your heels as well. Think of the elliptical as a running machine, but without the impact of having to lift your feet...but weight distribution has to be the same or your toes/balls of feet will go tingly numb. That was an issue I had at first as well until I learned to distribute properly (plus the shoes I was wearing were not wide enough...I had to have a W size even with me loosening laces)

Larry - I am so sorry to hear of your upcoming liver testing. I suppose getting a game plan is better than ignoring and making things so much worse though. Congrats on your new low.. what a HUGE accomplishment!!!

mamakat - no doubt that 50 mark is so close you can taste it! Glad the chinese didn't spoil too badly :) I hope your new glasses come real fast!

DZ - That sounds like a yummy breakfast! Enjoy! :)

zoodoo - Love the pictures! You sound like it was quite an enjoyable adventure for sure! The soreness after sounds like your body was sure rebelling against you by that point, LOL

Diana - I don't call you a worrier... it's more of a thinker. You want to know how things can relate to you and that's actually the first step to empathizing with people :)

Yesterday I wasn't able to bike. By time the housechores were done at 10:30am, it was already 100 degrees out, so change of plans! Instead I got on the elliptical, did a simple warm up for 10 mins, then put the setting on "Cardio blast" for lower body and kicked it into gear. I also did my stretching that I have been lacking on. Later on the afternoon, I still had some more energy that showed up, so hit the gym too. It was also the first time in 6 days I was able to hit my 1200 calories... so was psyched. No more starvation mode and holding on to that dang fat... let it go~! :)

Larry H
09-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Larry thinking about you - might be why you can't handle sodium too - only one kidney is working - but....we have a pair, so that's at least good. And congrats on getting to 210! That's amazing!

Melissa, I never thought about that. You may be right. I am going to ask my urologist when I see him on Tuesday if having only one kidney functioning could explain my "recent" sodium sensitivity. I will let you know what he says. It makes sense to me that this could contribute to my sodium problem.

Larry,

K9Owner
09-04-2011, 02:10 PM
There are some many commies I want to make, but on this phone, it's impossible!!

Thank you all for your commies, encouragement, opinions, & wisdom.

I was on "Gilligan's Island" Fri & Sat, but rain forced us home late Sat. night. We were having a great time too with my parents on their pontoon boat. Darn rain! It rains everytime we set out to do something outside lately.

I ate horribly Fri & Sat. I haven't even entered everything in MFP, but with what I did, I was over 3000 cals for Sat. :yikes:

I look forward to getting back on track this next week. I'll let you all know the strategy when I get to my house (I'm at my parent's house).

Have a great rest of the long wknd!!

shishkeberry
09-04-2011, 02:16 PM
So yeah my night was a bit too much. I'm up to 246 this morning. Yuck. I knew it was coming, though.

berryblondeboys
09-04-2011, 08:06 PM
So, Adrian is not any better. I called the doctor on call and she had us go to the urgent care clinic. They checked his lungs and his left lung is still not right and after 72 of antibiotics, it shouldn't sound like that. His temp while there was 102.4 too. So, they are switching his antibiotics. Keep your fingers crossed that this will do the trick. This is day 10 and it's about certain he won't be in school on Tuesday.

mamakat
09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Berry So sorry, I hope he gets better soon. :(

Diana3271
09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok, we are throwing in the towel. :lol3: I am done! I am back on plan tomorrow and can't wait. Tomorrow was suppose be steak night. I don't want steak, I don't want chicken, I don't want seafood, I don't want bread, rice or anything else for that matter. I am done!

I didn't have time to exercise today. My friend and I ate lunch and then went to the movie. After the movie it was time for DH and I to go eat dinner. I rarely have a day that I don't exercise.

When we left the restaurant tonight, DH said he didn't want to eat out tomorrow. He wants corn flakes with a sliced banana for dinner. :lol3:

My friend and I really enjoyed the movie today. She is already trying to find another movie for us to go watch.

K9 Baby, it's me and you back on plan! I can't wait! I am absolutely miserable right now!

Berry I'm sorry to hear that Adrian isn't any better. I'm still thinking about him and sending healing vibes his way. :hug:

DZackery
09-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Good Morning.....So my room turned into free-king grand central station this morning so I guess I am up....and grouchy. The scale is not my friend today and I kind of want to take the kids out with the family but I know DH wont wanna go.....arg....I need coffee.

Diana3271
09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Here's a link to the new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242391-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-9-05-9-11-a.html