Weight Loss Support - Who Else Wants To Be Skinny

View Full Version : Who Else Wants To Be Skinny

sexychick
08-28-2011, 07:18 PM
I am super frustrated with losing weight because I try so many different things but none of them really work. I just want to be skinny so I can look more attractive. Who else wants to be skinny and what is your reason(s) that you want to achieve that goal.

jamber1234
08-28-2011, 07:21 PM
PICK ME PICK ME!!! hahaha. I come from a big (i mean heavy) family and I always told myself I wouldn't let it get to that point. Well guess what....it did. Now I'm stuck trying to get myself into something that works on a very tight schedule. Meanwhile, my sister in law who was the same size as me and just 1 inch shorter has lost a BUNCH of weight. She's down to my goal weight. It is very frustrating to me because I live with her and she walks around in shorts and a tank top while I'm sweating to cover up my flab because I feel judged whether I am or not.

sexychick
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Yes I know how you feel I have a sister also who is very skinny and walks around the house half naked all confident and comfortable with herself while I barely even want to show my arms. What have you tried to lose weight that wasn't worked for you?

jamber1234
08-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Aside from my sister in law, I have 6 siblings and all except the youngest are really tall and sickly thin. It is disgusting how fate works like that. They all eat like horses and nothing but junk yet if I think about a snickers I gain 20 pounds. I don't have the money for a ton of health food or any kind of weight loss program that costs monthly. I just have to deal with what I have I guess.

sexychick
08-28-2011, 07:38 PM
What are your eating habits like? How many times per day do you eat, what types of foods do you eat?

JohnP
08-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I am super frustrated with losing weight because I try so many different things but none of them really work.

Fat loss is a simple matter of calories.

Use more calories than you ingest and you will lose fat.

Figurie out a dietary plan that you can live with long term that restricts calories and you will one day be skinny.

This might not seem like helpful information but for me these three sentances were life changing.

jamber1234
08-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I actually hardly eat. I only eat when I'm hungry. I don't eat at night anymore. I attempt to make sure I don't eat after 9 but sometimes I end up eating a late dinner so I just stay up later or chug some water. I have been eating more fruits and attempting to eat more veggies but we never seem to have any.

lucysam77
08-28-2011, 07:49 PM
my reasons are: to be healthy for my daughter, be in shape for me and of course my husband... when we met i was 132 lbs i'm 43 pounds heavier now and that makes me feel bad :-(

jamber1234
08-28-2011, 07:53 PM
oh my reasons are health ( i have had arthritis since i was 9 so luggin this extra weight around is aweful stressful on my knees). My husband deserves to have a woman he can show off. Cosmetic reasons of course (no one wants to admit but everyone knows its true). To feel sexy.

sexychick
08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
@lucysam77 how did you gain 43 lbs?

jamber1234
08-28-2011, 08:20 PM
sexychick. what are you doing to get the weight off?

sexychick
08-28-2011, 08:22 PM
@jamber1234 Yes that one of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight is to look more attractive to the opposite sex

sexychick
08-28-2011, 08:26 PM
@jamber1234 I am cutting out all the junk, drinking more water, being more active. I have lost about 20 lbs in 5 months but that still isn't fast enough for me :(

sexychick
08-28-2011, 08:46 PM
@JohnP How do you suggest I lose weight faster?

Lovely
08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
You may or may not be able to lose weight faster. But, it doesn't really matter as long as the weight loss is permanent.

20 pounds is still 20 pounds.

What was your starting weight? What's your goal weight? Or if you don't want to give out the actual weight numbers... how much in total are you looking to lose? How many calories have you been eating a day? What sort of exercising have you been doing?

JohnP
08-28-2011, 09:29 PM
@JohnP How do you suggest I lose weight faster?

Apparently you were being figurative and not literal.

Without knowing more about your height and weight I am unable to make any suggestions. You're currently losing aproximately a lb a week which is a deficit of about 500 calories a day. If you're 160 trying to get to 120 this is pretty good. If you're 650lbs trying to get to 200 than this is pretty slow.

Context matters and without knowing yours how could I possibly make a suggestion on how to lose weight faster.

Regardless - I would highly advise you to educate yourself on the basics. The basics are - calories, macronutrients, exercise and sleep. Here - I have a few minutes I'll tell you everything you need to know.

cuddy2125
08-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I want to be skinny!!! I am so tired of being fat. My weight hinders everything I do. I know the obesity rate is really high, but it seems like everyone I see is thin. I want to be thin so I don't have to think about my weight constantly. I'm exhausted from worrying and thinking about it so much. It consumes way too much of my time.

Larry H
08-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I do not want to be skinny!! :(:(

I do want very much to be thin!!:D:carrot::D

To me there is a world of difference. Skinny evokes a picture in my mind of under weight, starving people such as Bangladesh Thin on the other hand gives me a mental picture of a healthy and fit person.

I want this because at 67 years of age I believe this might be my last chance to be healthy and fit.

Larry,

jamber1234
08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I want to get down to a healthy weight as well. Charts and stuff say for my height I should weigh around 110 to 120 but I don't see this as a realistic goal. So for now I'm pushing for 170 then work my way down 10 pounds at a time and see how far I get.

racrane
08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I also don't want to be skinny, I do want to be healthy and in my goal weight. For me, that is around 140. I am 175 right now. My main reason is quite simple: I'm an actor, I need to look good, I need to be healthy enough to dance onstage without being out of breath. Even though vanity figures into the equation, being healthy enough to do what I love matters most.

Glory87
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
I want to be skinny!!! I am so tired of being fat. My weight hinders everything I do. I know the obesity rate is really high, but it seems like everyone I see is thin. I want to be thin so I don't have to think about my weight constantly. I'm exhausted from worrying and thinking about it so much. It consumes way too much of my time.

Hi, I've been maintaining a 70+ weight loss for over 6 years. Everything I did to lose weight, I still do, every day. Maintenance looks exactly like weight loss except I eat more healthy calories every day.

All the work, all the planning, all the shopping, all the lunch packing, all the choosing carefully in restaurants, all the saying "no" to random birthday cake at work - never ended for me.

I still think a lot about weight and food, but I like to think it's positive. It I were a pianist - I'd have to practice the piano every day. If I learned a language, I'd have to speak it to stay fluent. If I were an Olympic athlete I would train and train, every day. If I wanted to save money, I'd create a budget and keep track of it regularly.

Why is weight some magic thing that should require 0 effort?

Astrild
08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I want to be skinny- I wont lie. It actually took me a long time to allow myself that (I come from a family of underachievers, and somehow exercise or eating a lot of veggies made me feel bad.) But I'm 23, and might as well do whatever I want while I'm young. I'm prepared to not be as skinny when I'm older. I've been pretty successful so far; just taking it slow and adjusting to skinny life.

jamber1234
08-29-2011, 08:02 PM
I just can't wait to get it off. My mood is def better since I've been eating healthy.

sontaikle
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't. I just want to get to a weight I'll feel comfortable. If that means stopping before I get to a healthy bmi than so be it.

aleigh3890
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I want to get down to a healthy weight as well. Charts and stuff say for my height I should weigh around 110 to 120 but I don't see this as a realistic goal.

@jamber1234...I hear ya. I'm 5'2 also at 130 with a goal of 120 and I know if I got down to 110 it would look horrible.

With that said, I've struggled for years with the concept of "skinny". By definition, skinny is to be unattractivly thin. Still I've always grown up with the understanding that skinny is better as well as being good. We all have a different concept of what skinny and thin and healthy looking is.

I want to be thin. I want to feel good in the clothes that I buy for myself and enjoy trying them on when I'm picking them out. I want to feel like I'm giving my boyfriend the girlfriend he deserves even if he'd love me at any weight. I want to give myself the happy and healthy life that (and it took me a LONG time to say this) I deserve.

I hope that for everyone on here :) no matter what size or weight that leaves you at.

SC Vitamin C
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I want to be thin so I don't have to think about my weight constantly. I'm exhausted from worrying and thinking about it so much. It consumes way too much of my time.

Trust me - I know from experience that no matter what, even if you do get to your perfect "skinny" weight, you will probably think about your weight constantly for the rest of your life. It doesn't stop when you get to a magic number or fit into the magic pant size. Maintenance is just as hard, if not harder, than the initial weight loss.

Hi, I've been maintaining a 70+ weight loss for over 6 years. Everything I did to lose weight, I still do, every day. Maintenance looks exactly like weight loss except I eat more healthy calories every day.

All the work, all the planning, all the shopping, all the lunch packing, all the choosing carefully in restaurants, all the saying "no" to random birthday cake at work - never ended for me.

I still think a lot about weight and food, but I like to think it's positive. It I were a pianist - I'd have to practice the piano every day. If I learned a language, I'd have to speak it to stay fluent. If I were an Olympic athlete I would train and train, every day. If I wanted to save money, I'd create a budget and keep track of it regularly.

Agreed 100%.

PreciousMissy
08-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Well said!!!! I know this is why I gained all the weight back when I lost it 2 years ago...I hadn't grasped this concept. There may be people out there who are naturally skinny and don't have to work to keep the weight off, but we're not them. That's why we're on this board in the first place, lol.

jamber1234
08-30-2011, 08:16 PM
so instead of trying to come to an agreement on what skinny is defined as..

what do you ladies and gents say we share things that we're doing to get the weight off?

Personally for now all i've done is cut out late night eating and soda.

sexychick
08-30-2011, 11:11 PM
@jamber1234 I have cut out all the processed foods, soda, juices, all the junk foods. I have been losing weight slowly but I've been seeing alot of progress.

IsobelRose22
08-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Yes I know how you feel I have a sister also who is very skinny and walks around the house half naked all confident and comfortable with herself while I barely even want to show my arms. What have you tried to lose weight that wasn't worked for you?

Know exactly what you mean, my two younger sisters are the same. All slim, tanned, gorgeous and confident, whereas I live in black, long-sleeves and jeans even in summer. Still give me time and I shall be stealing their clothes!

sexychick
08-31-2011, 06:45 AM
@IsobelRose22 lol yes Im going to do the same thing to my sister :p

jamber1234
09-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I've cut out soda, and slowly am eliminating processed foods, cutting back on sugar, and junk.

Mickeypnd
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Know exactly what you mean, my two younger sisters are the same. All slim, tanned, gorgeous and confident, whereas I live in black, long-sleeves and jeans even in summer. Still give me time and I shall be stealing their clothes!

you know whats worse then having slimmer sisters? having a identical twin sister who is about 50 pounds slimmer then me. yeah. I look at her and see what I will look like at goal. le sighs.

Right now Im just trying to eat better, cutting down a lot and drinking more water.

sexychick
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
@jamber1234 great job that will help out alot

sexychick
09-01-2011, 11:13 PM
@Mickeypnd Its alright you will get there :) Just stay on track

twinieten
09-01-2011, 11:59 PM
you know whats worse then having slimmer sisters? having a identical twin sister who is about 50 pounds slimmer then me. yeah. I look at her and see what I will look like at goal. le sighs. I know this feeling! I'm a twin too. But for the first time ever, I'm the skinny twin. And I'm fat, too, so wait until I'm at my goal weight. I can't help but feel a little bit good about that because she's really quite stunning. :devil: We are not identical, even though we look very much alike.

Cheece
09-02-2011, 02:29 AM
I really just want to be slim enough to jump on my boyfriend like Rachel McAdams jumps on Ryan Gosling in The Notebook without worrying about squashing him.

jamber1234
09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks sexychick. I just want to feel better and to be able to buy the clothes I like. Not ones that hide my rolls and jello :)

lucysam77
10-14-2011, 08:01 PM
@lucysam77 how did you gain 43 lbs?

eating a lot, junk food.... couch potato.. etc:(

sparklemycity
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
YES. I know it's not the best reason for losing weight but it is why I want to. I've always been bigger and never could shop in the stores I love and I always feel out of place when I am with my smaller friends or family. Also I want to go back to school next year and there is no way I can if I don't lose the weight because I will not go back being the fat girl.

Good luck! :hug:

lin43
10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
There may be people out there who are naturally skinny and don't have to work to keep the weight off, but we're not them. That's why we're on this board in the first place, lol.

Yes! This is one of the realities I've had to face this time around. For years, I rebelled against that reality, thinking I could somehow morph myself into one of "those" people. I'm not one of those people, though. I'm the person who cannot estimate well (hence, the need to count calories---even if that means counting for the rest of my life) and who needs to actually put some thought into what to eat, how much to eat, and how often to move (as in, exercise). Accepting that reality has been the biggest positive mental change I've had in my weight-loss experience.

Ryler832
10-14-2011, 09:29 PM

This is one of the reasons I want to be thin. My two younger sisters are 4'11. One is 85 lb and the other is 98 lb. One of them had a baby and bounced back in 2 weeks even after gaining 50 lb during her pregnancy. She can eat 2 big macs with a plus size fries and 2 cheeseburgers in one sitting and still eat again after 2 hours. I know I am not going to be like her and will probably count calories for the rest of my life but I want to be the one that doesn't stand out in pictures because I'm huge or the biggest one. I want the confidence they have.

PrairieGirl
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
I really just want to be slim enough to jump on my boyfriend like Rachel McAdams jumps on Ryan Gosling in The Notebook without worrying about squashing him.

Isn't she gorgeous in that movie! Ryan Gosling's not too bad himself, *sigh* what a great love story, when's my turn?! LOL

I'd like to be skinny. I'll admit it. I don't even want to maintain at that weight, but I'd just like to get there to satisfy my curiosity about what I would look like skinny. I've been obese since birth it feels like. I had brief periods in high school when I was just under 130lbs, but that wasn't thin for me, I was still very fat. I'd like to see what 110lbs or 100lbs looks like, and would ultimately like to reach 104lbs so that I can declare that I've lost 100lbs. Then go back to something in the 120lb range because that is more realistic.

How come some people can look awesome at 145lbs and I still looked awful at 125lbs? Why do I look like I weigh in the 200's still while people at my weight look fantastic? I guess weight is just not all about the number on the scale.

MustardFan
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't want to be skinny. I want to be fit.