South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Phase 1 weight loss

I think I read that you can lose up to 13-14 lbs in phase 1. But do you think a significant loss (I'd consider a significant loss over 7 lbs) could happen for someone who was already previously on a plan prior to phase 1?

I'm pretty sure I've already gotten rid of what water weight I had. I guess if no one knows the answer, in 2 weeks I will let you know since I've just started phase 1 today.

I haven't read the whole book yet and I have a question about tomato juice and v8 juice. I've noticed on the phase 1 meal plans these juices are listed for breakfast almost every single day. Is there a reason for it? I mean, I look at juice as being empty calories, I realize it has some vitamins but since it doesn't have the fiber of eating actual vegetables I must say I feel like its not something that will keep me satisfied. And the other thing is I noticed tomatoes aren't listed in the acceptable phase 1 veggies in the book I have, so why would they want you to drink tomato juice and not eat tomatoes. I just don't get it...
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The newer version of the book DOES include tomatoes and their related juices in the Phase I Food List. Check out the stickies in our FAQ for the most current list. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...ay-2008-a.html Folks are including V8 because it counts as a vegetable serving when we need to up the number of servings. Tomato juice actually has 1 gram of fiber in a cup, not much but it counts.

As to weightloss on Phase I, it depends on how much you need to lose. If you have been dieting previously, your loss will not be as great as for those who are dieting newbies. 7 pounds in Phase I would certainly be a respectable loss.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #3  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

To be honest, I don't think you'll lose a huge amount if you've already been on plan for a bit. I only had 6 lb drop, which I think was due to me doing a quasi-SBD ahead of time.

As to tomatoes and V8 juice, I don't have the book with me right now, but I believe that tomatoes are allowed but in limited quantity. I think it is 1 whole tomato or 10 cherry tomatoes per serving. The reason for the V8 juice is to help people get a jumpstart in their daily serving of veggies. If you can do it by eating veggies instead of juice, all the better, but some people (like moi) don't like veggies for breakfast so V8 is better than nothing. Plus V8 has lots of potassium, lycopene, and other good nutrients.

Congrats on starting Phase 1!!!
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

It all depends on the person. I am 5'1 and realized I needed to hop (back) on the beach when I weighed in at 143.1 lbs. Maybe that doesn't seem like a lot to some people, but that's over 30 lbs more than my "ideal" weight and on my small body carried mostly around the middle is very large and unhealthy. For my entire young adult life I had been at smallest a size 12-14 and felt really bad about how I looked.
For a week prior to starting p1 I started watching what I ate and weighed 141.5 when I "officially" started p1. I stayed 100% on plan for the entire 2 weeks and lost a total of 4.8 lbs. I thought that was amazing! I, personally, would have NEVER expected to lose 13-14 lbs in those 2 weeks, that would be half of my total goal! I am down about 15 lbs now, after 4 months on the beach, and still have another 15-20 to go that I expect to take a long time and a lot of work.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
The newer version of the book DOES include tomatoes and their related juices in the Phase I Food List. Check out the stickies in our FAQ for the most current list. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...ay-2008-a.html Folks are including V8 because it counts as a vegetable serving when we need to up the number of servings. Tomato juice actually has 1 gram of fiber in a cup, not much but it counts.

As to weightloss on Phase I, it depends on how much you need to lose. If you have been dieting previously, your loss will not be as great as for those who are dieting newbies. 7 pounds in Phase I would certainly be a respectable loss.
Ok Thanks, I actually just got done reading that link prior to reading your post here. I printed it out and put it in my book. I must have an older version, I bought my book from a consignment store the other day. I didn't realize there were updated versions. I guess I'll make a trip to the used book stores and see if I can find a copy. The newest book should be from 2008 right?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Phase 1, Day 2 & up 1.5 lbs this morning.

Also, I have diarrhea. Is that normal on P1?