Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Default HodgePodge "Chili" with ground turkey

My husband and I were in a hurry one day and didn't have time to make a full chili. I always make my chili with ground turkey so that's what I had on hand.

This has similar spices to chili but doesn't have to cook for half as long. We call it HodgePodge because seriously, I just threw in anything I had on hand, and was phase 1 friendly.

1-1.5lbs ground turkey
olive oil about 1-2tbls
salt(or seasoned or garlic salt)
pepper
pinch cumin
pinch cayenne
pinch chili powder
Sometimes I add fresh or dried cilantro
2 cans any beans you like(i usually use pinto and either black or white).
1 can veggies, I've used green beans, peas, broccoli, asparagus(fresh and cut)
chopped onion, garlic(for each it's however much you like. I usually do a quarter or half onion, and a couple cloves of garlic.
1 can of diced tomatoes(whatever variety you like. I like the ones with chiles in them)
1 can of low or no sugar tomato sauce(i like El Pato but I'm not sure about the sugar content, I just like the kick!)

Cook the onion and garlic, in some olive oil, brown the meat, then toss everything else in. Bring to a boil, or just as high as you can at first, then simmer for about 30 minutes. It's so good! You can use a lean ground beef too. It's kind of like chile but you can vary the spices.

Last edited by Restypines; 08-26-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Restypines is offline   Reply With Quote